NATION

PASSWORD

Olivia Lalery--Romantic Novelist

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Yohannes wrote:

To: Ms. Olivia Lalery.
    From: Antoinette Lili Belrose. Head of Treasury and Capital Markets Division.
    Subject: Hello!.

Hello there!

My name is Clara Lili Belrose, although you can call me Clara! I really like your modern love novels, especially The Cafe in Sterry!

I am sending you this letter because I just want to let you know that I am a big fan of your books! My mum is the Head of Treasury and Capital Markets Division and one of the Group Chief Executives of the Yohannesische Bundesbank... That is why I used her letterhead, template and signature, including the Bundesbank template, so that I can personally send you this letter myself!

I hope you will read this letter for I really admire your work... And I cannot wait to read your next work! Also, please don't tell my mum and her friends at work that I am using this template... Or I will be grounded for two weeks!

Best wish!
Your fan
Clara

(Image)
Head of Treasury and Capital Markets Division
Bundesbank Group Chief Executive

Dear Clara,

I'm really flattered that you like my books so much you would risk grounding to write to me. You can send me fan mail directly through the email address in the "Contact Me" header. I have a folder system that works really well according to date, and which filters out spam but will help your message get to me write away.

It's funny because I was just at Bundesbank today so when I saw the logo I thought "Oh, great, my response!" And then I found this wonderful letter from a fan to make my day!

yours in friendship,
Olivia Lalery
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:31 pm

The Corporate Syndicate wrote:
(Image) 
GSE Pictures
Mar Wesley | Film Producer
2-306-494-5012 ext. 32
mar.wesley@gse.syn

Dear Ms. Olivia Lalery,

I am writing this letter to inquire about the possibilities for the film production of one of your finest works, the Witch of Padria. I am Mar Wesley, a film producer with GSE Pictures. I have enjoyed the book extremely, and it is one of those fantasy novels that one returns to, both for the dynamic characters and for the rich, detailed world. I am confident that the Witch of Padria, as a film, will perform spectacularly for viewers, GSE Pictures, and yourself.

I've already taken the liberty of talking to my superiors and the penny-pinchers at the GSE financial department, and they were willing to give us a total production budget of US$ 150 million dollars! We believe that we can make the Witch of Padria into a movie within 18 months. Although the general principle of the movie-making industry is 'don't let writers onto sets because the last thing you need is some diva around who'll kick up a stink when you need to change something', for the Witch of Padria I, as the director, would love to invite you to come to Meridian City and discuss this project, as well as to keep you in the loop about how the movie is coming along.

I know that as a world-renowned romantic novelist your schedule must be tight, but I do hope you can find the time to come visit me and GSE Pictures in Meridian City next Friday. Enclosed is a return ticket, first class, to the Meridian City International Aerodome (MCIA). I hope that we can work together on this great opportunity!

Sincerely yours,
  Mar Wesley

(Image) 

Nation Name: Meridian City
Cinema or Production Company Name: Genre-Savvy Entertainment (GSE) Pictures
Specify Budget for Production: US$ 80 million
Specify Marketing Cost for Production: US$ 70 million
Specify Release Terms: cinematic release, online
Will writer be involved in production: Yes, if she wants to.

Dear Mar Wesley,

Thank you very much for inquiring about producing "The Witch of Padria" for cinematic and online release. A few thoughts I'd like to share about it: while it does have a fantasy feel in many ways, I deliberately wrote it so that a sense of mystery would imply that things happening might be magical--or there could be a logical explanation. It is a strange period of history for Riemaia, Ossurwald and New Edom, and I would love to see justice done to it. There are some good locations available in Riemaia and New Edom. We might even be able to film in Padria itself, but if not there is always filming on one of the smaller islands around New Edom.

You are right--I've got such a busy schedule lately, book tours and festivals and another film to consult on, but I'd be delighted to visit and see what we come up with! I promise, I'm the farthest thing from a diva you'll ever see.

again, thanks and much affection,
Olivia Lalery
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

The Corporate Syndicate
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Corporate Syndicate » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:29 pm

GSE Pictures
Mar Wesley | Film Producer
2-306-494-5012 ext. 32
mar.wesley@gse.syn

Dear Ms. Olivia Lalery,

Thank you for giving us a chance! Although GSE would have to check with the relevant authorities, the initial survey of possible filming locations will focus mostly on Riemaia, New Edom, and perhaps Padria. I'll be personally overseeing the storyboarding, and I love your leaving the interpretation of events to the reader: are things fueled by magic, or logic? It's a question that boggles even my mind, and I'm sure we can incorporate it into the film.

GSE is beginning the crew selection, and while the AD, CD, LM, PM, DoP and DoA are being hired internally, we'd love to have your suggestions and feedback for the composer, choreographer, and other crew positions. We'd also love to have you around for the auditions, and we're delighted that you'll be joining us in Meridian City for a quick visit. I can't wait to meet you in person. Actually, GSE was going to put something in the international news about our production, and I was wondering if you could give us a short synopsis of the Witch of Padria for the uninitiated?

Picture is up!
  Mar Wesley

New Edom wrote:Dear Mar Wesley,

Thank you very much for inquiring about producing "The Witch of Padria" for cinematic and online release. A few thoughts I'd like to share about it: while it does have a fantasy feel in many ways, I deliberately wrote it so that a sense of mystery would imply that things happening might be magical--or there could be a logical explanation. It is a strange period of history for Riemaia, Ossurwald and New Edom, and I would love to see justice done to it. There are some good locations available in Riemaia and New Edom. We might even be able to film in Padria itself, but if not there is always filming on one of the smaller islands around New Edom.

You are right--I've got such a busy schedule lately, book tours and festivals and another film to consult on, but I'd be delighted to visit and see what we come up with! I promise, I'm the farthest thing from a diva you'll ever see.

again, thanks and much affection,
Olivia Lalery
The Corporate Syndicate - Keeping corrupt governments in power since 2007
Ordnance Export Authority of the Syndicate (weapons here!)
Meridian City

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Dear Mar Wesley,

The story has the war of the Padrian Succession as background--two nobles, Count Allon and Duchess Ursula vie to see who will be Count or Countess of Padria. Naval Captain Isaac Joachim Carmel comes from New Edom with a small expedition to support Count Allon. However he is seduced by the beautiful and mysterious Claire of Riemaia, and ultimately is distracted from his mission. In the story I wanted to suggest that the urge for love can be both a blessing and a curse at the same time. New Edomite historians blame Carmel for having failed in his expedition--but did he fail at war only to win at love? I wanted to suggest that. Some have said that she was a cold hearted seductress--my story suggests that something simpler happened: two people on opposite sides of a war fell in love, and tried to pursue that love in spite of what was going on around them.

These are my soundtrack suggestions:
Title Soundtrack main theme
Coronation
Funeral March
Triumphant March
Moody Love Music
Advance of the Kelruss
Romantic Music

I'm looking forward very much to meeting you as well!

with much affection,
Olivia Lalery

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Motokata wrote:Nation Name: Motokata
Publishing House: White Horse Books
Bookstore Chain: various
Book Titles Wanted:

The Witch of Padria
A Winter Princess
The Pomegranate
Storm Rider
--
Trade Paperback (y)

$12 per title x 1,000,000 units x 4 titles
WE OWE YOU: 48,000,000

To: White Horse Books

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you very much for your application, how exciting to have one of the wealthiest countries in the region marketing my books! I hope your readers will appreciate and enjoy them. Please advise your bookstore chains to feel free to link people to my website. Here's looking forward to a wonderful publication year!

with much affection,
Olivia Lalery

Ang Philippines
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ang Philippines » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm

(note: please use rounded numbers from 100 to millions)
Nation Name: Ang Philippines
Publishing House: Manila Publishing House
Book Titles Wanted: All of the above
(please repeat this form, and add up numbers in NSD per title)
Edition Types
Pocket Book (n)
Trade Paperback (y x2,000,000)
Hardcover(y x1,000,000)

Request for Public Appearances or Book Signing Form
Nation Name: Ang Philippines
Venue (Bookstore Chain, School, Literary Seminar, etc, please describe briefly): We request you appear at Bahay Tsinoy book store in Manila for a Meet the Author Sit in. Book signings appreciated for patrons.
Cities For Appearances: Manila, Luzon, Quezon
Please State Honorarium (if to be given): Free Hotel stays in all cities, free food and beverages from Bahay Tsinoy Books anything else can be negotiated.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:54 pm

To: Manila Publishing House

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you very much for your purchase of my books, and also for your invitation to do a meet the author event in your country. I am very much looking forward to visiting and meeting with readers, doing some book signings and doing a Q&A session with them. I will gladly be there and will have my agent be in touch with you regarding an itinerary, hotel stays and other specific matters.

with much affection,
Olivia Lalery

Ossurwald
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossurwald » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:17 am

Joint Statement on Possible Film of Olivia Lalery's The Witch of Padria

It's come to our attention through various routes that currently Olivia Lalery is in talks to film a version of her romance novel The Witch of Padria. It's also come to the attention that film locations do not include Padria, nor Ossurwald. We think, on behalf of the people of Padria, and on behalf of the Ossurwald Film Association, that this would be a travesty. First, the majority of the action takes place in Padria, hence the name. Secondly, it is a very important period of history for Ossurwald of which six films have already been made; including the early cinematic masterpiece The Life and Times of Duke Eamund (1924), the six-OFA Award winning Blood and Clams (1963); and most recently, in 2009, The Brewer's Boy, which was filmed in mostly Padrian. Every single one of these films was filmed in Padria.

To think of taking figures so integral to Padria's history, and indeed, to Ossurwald's history, regardless of the semi-fictional nature of the book, is foolishness. But to ignore the cinematic beauty of Padria which so many directors have seen; to ignore the people who have the cultural memory, is disaster. To think of shooting Padria anywhere but Padria... the world of film will know. Beyond which, after the disaster recently suffered by this state, for a film to so obviously dismiss film on location in Padria... it is adding insult to injury.

We implore the makers of this film to follow in the footsteps of visionary directors like Desregaard, Opplaenos, and Goiregi. Shoot in Padria, hire Padrian and Ossurwalder crew, and make your film authentic. Anything less is masturbation.

Sincerely,

Sasha Ottobbi
Acting Minister-President of Padria

Julian Werrek
President of the Ossurwald Film Association
Last edited by Ossurwald on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:29 am

To: Sasha Ottobbi, Acting Minister-President of Padria

Dear Acting-President Sasha Ottobbi and Julian Werrek,

First of all, in the three films projects involving my book, I have only begun negotiating the film rights. In each case I have suggested that using authentic locations wherever possible would be very desirable. I have already suggested finding locations in Padria. I don't know where you are getting your information from. To quote the letter I sent "It depicts a period of importance to New Edom, Riemaia and Ossurwald." Not a single location in New Edom, Riemaia or anywhere else has even been looked at yet--the film studio and my company are still in negotiations about the film.

Please in future do not leap to conclusions about me. I may write romance novels but I'm not an idiot. I am always happy to answer concerns, listen to requests and improve upon my work with greater historical accuracy.

sincerely,
Olivia Lalery

Social
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Social » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:54 am

Nation Name: Social
Venue (Bookstore Chain, School, Literary Seminar, etc, please describe briefly): Teenage Swan Book Store
Cities For Appearances: Swan City,Cow Ville, Justice Town
Please State Honorarium (if to be given): $8000 dollars

* A letter is attached to the Public Appearance form *

Dear Miss Olivia,

I really love you're books! They are so cool! I wish one day I could be just like you,an author! Is it really cool being an author? Are you ever annoyed of all the fame and stuff?

From,
Queen Luce Rosete Archambault
Last edited by Social on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Java Islands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Java Islands » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Nation Name: Java Islands
Publishing House: Equinox Publishing
Bookstore Chain: Equinox & Mato Books
Book Titles Wanted: The Cafe in Sterry
Edition Types: Hard back editions 6,000,000 copies in Print.

Code: Select all
MONEY OWED: 150,000,000
PAYMENT TYPE: DIRECT DEBIT
ACCOUNT 119-XXX-XXX-XXX
ORDER OF: 1st NATIONAL JAVA, JAVA CITY, JAVA ISLANDS
CHECK CLOSED

******************THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS**************************

The Republic Of Ardenhelm
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Democracy

Postby The Republic Of Ardenhelm » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:10 pm

OOC: My country is a democracy, so the books should technically already be on the shelves. Though generally considered vulgar to most.
Welcome to the Racially Pure Nordic Fairytale Land of Ardenhelm

North Sea Oil and Gas: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=173242&p=8907689#p8907689
NorthTec Weaponry: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161720
Ardenhelm Division Of EDEBC “The Bank Of The People”
Ardenhelm Division Of Yohannesische Bundesbank
Ardenhelm Division Of Schu-Tallinger Watch Co.
1 Nuclear War
2 Total War
3 Small Engagements
{4} On Alert
5 Peace Time

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Social wrote:Nation Name: Social
Venue (Bookstore Chain, School, Literary Seminar, etc, please describe briefly): Teenage Swan Book Store
Cities For Appearances: Swan City,Cow Ville, Justice Town
Please State Honorarium (if to be given): $8000 dollars

* A letter is attached to the Public Appearance form *

Dear Miss Olivia,

I really love you're books! They are so cool! I wish one day I could be just like you,an author! Is it really cool being an author? Are you ever annoyed of all the fame and stuff?

From,
Queen Luce Rosete Archambault

To Her Majesty Queen Luce Rosete Archambault,

I am very honored that you have such admiration for me! Being an author is work, but it is fun work, and I hope that you can find a way to begin it! As for all the fame, I've only recently begun hitting international bestseller lists. It looks as though along with your tour I'm going to be having a very busy year. Along with your letter of course is my acceptance of the tour and my gladness at the chance to visit your country!

sincerely yours,
Olivia Lalery

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Java Islands wrote:Nation Name: Java Islands
Publishing House: Equinox Publishing
Bookstore Chain: Equinox & Mato Books
Book Titles Wanted: The Cafe in Sterry
Edition Types: Hard back editions 6,000,000 copies in Print.

Code: Select all
MONEY OWED: 150,000,000
PAYMENT TYPE: DIRECT DEBIT
ACCOUNT 119-XXX-XXX-XXX
ORDER OF: 1st NATIONAL JAVA, JAVA CITY, JAVA ISLANDS
CHECK CLOSED

******************THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS**************************

To: Equinox Publishing

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you very much for your application to publish and sell A Cafe in Sterry. It is a book that is very close to my heart, and I hope that it will also draw people to that beautiful city and her bittersweet history, much like the story of the character in it.

with sincerest thanks,
Olivia Lalery

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:00 am

The Republic Of Ardenhelm wrote:OOC: My country is a democracy, so the books should technically already be on the shelves. Though generally considered vulgar to most.

OOC: It has nothing to do with democracy, really, but to do with marketing, distribution, etc. If you would like to fill out an application I will happily accept it unless it's full of crazy weird stuff.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 am

Salix Publications

To: Olivia Lalery

Dear Ms. Lalery,
we would like to offer you a publishing contract - it is to work on a book published (possibly under a house pseudonym, but this is not confirmed yet), which will be the product of several writers, of whom we are recruiting for people to work on this new publication.

We would consider it an honour to offer you the opportunity to participate in this work.

The book is non-fiction; more details to be revealed soon.

If you have any enquiries please let me know

Yours faithfully,
Richard Taylot,
Salix Publications
Last edited by Astholm on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Astholm wrote:(Image)
Salix Publications

Dear Ms. Lalery,
we would like to offer you a publishing contract - it is to work on a book published (possibly under a house pseudonym, but this is not confirmed yet), which will be the product of several writers, of whom we are recruiting for people to work on this new publication.

We would consider it an honour to offer you the opportunity to participate in this work.

The book is non-fiction; more details to be revealed soon.

If you have any enquiries please let me know

Yours faithfully,
Richard Taylot,
Salix Publications

Dear Richard Taylot,

Thank you for your offer to be involved in a writing project--I am very curious of course as to what it is about, and why the possibility of anonymity is involved. If you could give me information about that I'd be really appreciative; of course I couldn't possibly commit until I knew more about it.

sincerely,
Olivia Lalery

Kurona
Envoy

Founded: Jul 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurona » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Nation Name: Kurona
Publishing House: (if applicable) Raven Books Co., Ltd.
Bookstore Chain: (if applicable) Raven Books Outlets

To The Publishers:

We at Raven Books are very excited to be tapping a pool of more and more international writers. Romance has become one of the top selling genres in Kurona and we are sure Miss. Lalery's books will become the talk of the town. Raven Books conducted a survey among readers at our book stores of what book they would like to see. Coming out on top was Stormrider with Son of the Dragon as a close second. Because these were the top requested books we feel they are a good start to begin publishing. We would like to order TWELVE-MILLION COPIES of each in Paper Back and Pocket book editions. Should the books prove to be popular we will happily return to license more of your work.

Thank you for your service,

J.J. Kawasaki - Head of Licensing and Acquisition
Emma Burkheart - Managing Director

---------

Dear Ms. Larley,

Hi! My name is Shidori Hatsumomo! I'm a young girl in Kurona and I just love your books so much. If I could I'd hop on a ship to Edom to meet you but no way that'll happen. Ha ha. Anyway this is some fan mail to you but I also have a present. I'm also a flute player and I love music. So reading your books I got the idea to make up some flute tunes to play to some of my favorite parts of them. I enclosed a recording of my self in it. I hope you like it as much as I do. Please keep writing, I love your books so much.

Yours truly,
Shidori Hatsumomo
A Wife A Mother A Farmer

Xanadou Long time resident and founder.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:51 am

New Edom wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:Nation Name: The Pansentient Queendom of Ganosia
Publishing House: Wiseman's Publishing (The CEO of Wiseman's Publishing is proud to beat all others to the chase here with getting you published with his house.)
Bookstore Chain: All bookstores and libraries across Ganosia and the colonies.
Book Titles Wanted: All the books Miss Lalery has written. As well as all future ones she may write down the road.
For Book: We request 1000 copies of each in paperback edition for every bookstore in the Ganosian Empire and the colonies. We also would like to be enabled to publish translations of them in all languages within Ganosia. Can you imagine that? Not only in Ganosian, but in many other languages? Tis the gift of a multicultural populace. We also request one copy of each book in hardcover form for Her Majesty Queen Quinn I of Ganosia, for she is a huge fan of Miss Lalery's works. I cannot put into mere words the utter excitement Her Majesty has with every single one of your books. If she could have your works signed by the author herself, well, that would be just brilliant. We will pay all that is needed to ensure a speedy transaction.

The Official Royal Letter from Queen Quinn I of Ganosia to Miss Olivia Lalery:

Miss Lalery!

I'm a huge fan of your works! It's amazing how you're so able to capture the essence of romance! I really liked that story about Claudia. I could never find myself torn between any other man and my husband but you made me bite my nails in anticipation if she would! But usually I always end up anticipating the next chapter of all of your works! The salon I go to is always talking about how your works should be made into movies and television shows. But unfortunately I don't have any knowhow about how either process works! So I'm hoping some enlightened soul will get down to making adaptations right away! I expect many Ganosians will buy all your books and treasure them.

I've already been able to get my Nekomini maid, Steffy, to read them. By the way, I should warn you about something important. My sister Lilith....well, expect some very lewd fanmail coming your way soon. The picture of you they used in the Fineberg Times has really gotten Lilith interested in you. On a side note, it's hard having maids do their work with her around because they either keep disappearing or reporting to me constantly about her antics.

I should also highlight that my....cousin, Beatrice, enjoys your works as well. If you could sign my copies of your esteemed books for me before you send them, you would make me the happiest sovereign. We should have tea together some day. Don't worry about Lilith. I'll keep her away if need be.

Signed,
Quinn,
The Queen of Ganosia

To: The CEO of Wiseman's Publishing

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you very much for your order of my books! I am so excited to hear that my books will be translated into every language in Ganosia! My only stipulation is that I should be able to approve final copies of translations to make sure that the words convey the sentiments. I believe that there are many ways to say "I love you" but that in every language the way of demonstrating love is the same.

I can scarcely convey my honor at having Queen Quinn as a fan, and will gladly sign the copies of the books she would like.

with much affection,
Olivia Lalery

To Her Majesty Queen Quinn I of Ganosia,

I don't know if you remember me being presented to you, Ma'am, but I was one of King Mark's courtiers when he was still alive, and I was one of several ladies being presented to you; I was the red head attending Princess Rebecca. I am very honored that you are one of the fans of my books. I am marketing for my books to be made into films--I'd prefer made for TV on a good channel that is without commercials or unecessary censorship, as it is hard to make a movie out of book without cutting a LOT of it out.

I will be happy to sign the copies of the books you asked for, and please don't worry. For some reason with all the lesbian chic going on I sometimes have women running after me. As a fairly recent widow I am recovering from mourning my husband, and I am also just now starting to see a gentleman I'm very happy with so far. I would be delighted to talk over tea about it sometime.

respectfully yours,
Olivia Lalery

To Olivia Lalery

Miss Lalery,

It has always been my family's - my publishing house has been family owned for generations - desire to publish only the finest pieces of literature for the benefit of the peoples of Ganosia, and nowadays as I see it, of the colonies. We will gladly work with you for as long as you need to ensure only the best quality translations of all your books. Please do not hesitate to contact me when we can get the translations begun.

Sincerely,
Austin Wiseman,
CEO, Wiseman's Publishing

To Olivia Lalery

Miss Lalery,

I remember you! I hope you've been well since then. Have you found any lovers yet like the girls in your books?

I would love to see your books made into movies and television shows! You should contact the Ganosian Broadcasting Corporation and others to see what they would think of adapting your books. We can discuss it over tea, and I hope the gentleman you're seeing is good to you. You should consider yourself very lucky if you find a man who appreciates you for more than your big boobs, like my sister Lilith, who says you should let her sign them, but don't tell her I said that. To be honest, Lilith is a good woman, but I just get the skeevies when she's around! I'll tell her you're straight, though, and that should hopefully keep her at bay. You shouldn't be too hostile towards lesbians, though. Everyone deserves a shot at finding their true love in this life.

Please tell me when you can come visit for tea. I would love to write more to you, but unfortunately matters of state call for me as usual. I'll try to get back to you if you choose to contact me in the future as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Quinn.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Kurona wrote:Nation Name: Kurona
Publishing House: (if applicable) Raven Books Co., Ltd.
Bookstore Chain: (if applicable) Raven Books Outlets

To The Publishers:

We at Raven Books are very excited to be tapping a pool of more and more international writers. Romance has become one of the top selling genres in Kurona and we are sure Miss. Lalery's books will become the talk of the town. Raven Books conducted a survey among readers at our book stores of what book they would like to see. Coming out on top was Stormrider with Son of the Dragon as a close second. Because these were the top requested books we feel they are a good start to begin publishing. We would like to order TWELVE-MILLION COPIES of each in Paper Back and Pocket book editions. Should the books prove to be popular we will happily return to license more of your work.

Thank you for your service,

J.J. Kawasaki - Head of Licensing and Acquisition
Emma Burkheart - Managing Director

To J.J. Kawasaki and Ms. Emma Burkheart,

Thank you very much for your order, and also for informing us as to your readership's preferences. This is very helpful to us for marketing purposes for other countries. We are very glad to fill your order for this year, and our print factory is going to be hard at work supplying the needs of your clientele, which is always good news!

sincerely,
H.D. Docke, General Publishing Manager

Dear Ms. Larley,

Hi! My name is Shidori Hatsumomo! I'm a young girl in Kurona and I just love your books so much. If I could I'd hop on a ship to Edom to meet you but no way that'll happen. Ha ha. Anyway this is some fan mail to you but I also have a present. I'm also a flute player and I love music. So reading your books I got the idea to make up some flute tunes to play to some of my favorite parts of them. I enclosed a recording of my self in it. I hope you like it as much as I do. Please keep writing, I love your books so much.

Yours truly,
Shidori Hatsumomo

Dear Shidori Hatsumomo,

I'm so glad to hear that you are a fan of my books. I'm so delighted that you have honored me by playing songs that inspired you. Often when I am writing I use music when I am looking for inspiration, and so it really touched my heart that you did the recordings and sent them to me. Your letter has really brought some warm cheer to me today, and I am very grateful for this. I am going to send you an advance copy of my new book as a personal gift. This is not something I do that often but I would really like to in this case.

with much affection,
Olivia Lalery

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:

To Olivia Lalery

Miss Lalery,

It has always been my family's - my publishing house has been family owned for generations - desire to publish only the finest pieces of literature for the benefit of the peoples of Ganosia, and nowadays as I see it, of the colonies. We will gladly work with you for as long as you need to ensure only the best quality translations of all your books. Please do not hesitate to contact me when we can get the translations begun.

Sincerely,
Austin Wiseman,
CEO, Wiseman's Publishing

To Olivia Lalery

Miss Lalery,

I remember you! I hope you've been well since then. Have you found any lovers yet like the girls in your books?

I would love to see your books made into movies and television shows! You should contact the Ganosian Broadcasting Corporation and others to see what they would think of adapting your books. We can discuss it over tea, and I hope the gentleman you're seeing is good to you. You should consider yourself very lucky if you find a man who appreciates you for more than your big boobs, like my sister Lilith, who says you should let her sign them, but don't tell her I said that. To be honest, Lilith is a good woman, but I just get the skeevies when she's around! I'll tell her you're straight, though, and that should hopefully keep her at bay. You shouldn't be too hostile towards lesbians, though. Everyone deserves a shot at finding their true love in this life.

Please tell me when you can come visit for tea. I would love to write more to you, but unfortunately matters of state call for me as usual. I'll try to get back to you if you choose to contact me in the future as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Quinn.[/quote]

Dear Queen Quinn,

Thank you very much for your follow up letter. I'm pretty happy with my man, but thanks for asking! Of course I've had my share of dates and I was married before. Frankly, I like men, frustration and eye rolling that they bring on and all. I just can't understand wanting double the estrogen in your relationship, but maybe that's just me? And my man right now is quite happy bosom wise. I've never had any part of me signed, even when I went to roller ball or motor joust, and I'm not about to start.

Looking forward to tea sometime,

Olivia Lalery

Gazth--Sonika
Civilian

Founded: May 17, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gazth--Sonika » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Book Prices
Pocket Book Edition:7.99 NSD
Trade Paper Back Edition: 11.99 NSD
Hardcover Edition: 24.99 NSD

Publications and Application to Sell Form
Nation Name: Gazth--Sonika
Publishing House: Kalistale Co.
Bookstore Chain: Ordet Books
Book Titles Wanted: The Cafe in Sterry & The Pomegranate
Edition Types
Pocket Book (y x 175,000)
Trade Paperback (y x 259,000)
Hardcover(y x755,000)
Total: 1,189,000

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Gazth--Sonika wrote:Book Prices
Pocket Book Edition:7.99 NSD
Trade Paper Back Edition: 11.99 NSD
Hardcover Edition: 24.99 NSD

Publications and Application to Sell Form
Nation Name: Gazth--Sonika
Publishing House: Kalistale Co.
Bookstore Chain: Ordet Books
Book Titles Wanted: The Cafe in Sterry & The Pomegranate
Edition Types
Pocket Book (y x 175,000)
Trade Paperback (y x 259,000)
Hardcover(y x755,000)
Total: 1,189,000

To Kalistale Co. and Ordet Books Publishing House

Thank you very much for your order for so many of my books to be distributed. I'm very excited at this opportunity for more readers in another country to experience my stories. Please let me know if any time in the future you would like me to do book signings or readings. I wish your readers many happy hours and wish you many more satisfied customers!

With much affection
Olivia Lalery

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Salix Publications

Dear Ms. Lalery,
APOLOGies for the late reply.

The book is a factual "how-to" book and it is being sold under a ghostwritten house pseudonym. Subjects being chosen are still to be discussed; incidentally, relationships, your area of expertise, is just one such area.

The pseudonym for the relationships book is Jane Whitaker.

Any more questions, let me know.

Yours faithfully,
Richard Taylot,
Salix Publications
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:12 am

Nation Name: The Most Serene People's Empire of the Quendi Nation and the Amanitte State
Cinema or Production Company Name: Ainarauta Media (through a subdivision)
Specify Budget for Production: max. 110 million USD (of which 35 will be a donation through the Imperial House of Alcedina's Cultural Funds)
Specify Marketing Cost for Production: At present unspecified (probarbly around 60)
Specify Release Terms: cinematic release
Will writer be involved in production: Yes
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade