NATION

PASSWORD

Lyran Arms

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of PA
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Lyran Arms

Postby United States of PA » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Lyras wrote:OOC: Aye. Not indefinitely, but as an interim measure, yes. We can handle that for at least two or three years before it starts to hurt. At that point we'd probably have to look at bringing some funds back from overseas (profits from Lyran Arms are actually NOT directed back to Lyras, but rather reinvested overseas... the return on investment over time, as you would imagine is astronomical), but it's certainly doable.

OOC:Actually if i cut back on all the funds i had availiable for purchasing more gear and for R&D, im actually looking at only a deficit of needed money of around 500bn to 1.5tn. Let me work out some Approx Numbers and i will let you know.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 pm

OOC: No worries. Just let us know, and I (we?) will be happy to help.
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Lyras wrote:OOC: No worries. Just let us know, and I (we?) will be happy to help.

OOC:900bn for a while until i can get my budget back up to at least 6tn will do it, though im not exactly sure how to put it into a IC post :unsure:
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:57 pm

OOC: Lodge a request for assistance. That'll do it.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

LOVE DOG
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby LOVE DOG » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:09 pm

From the desk of the Grand Marshal of the UDAF:

Greetings from the United Dominion once again,

Same as the last order from our nation, we would like the DPRs for some of your products. Below will be the list.

Production rights for LY6 Werewolf Assault Gun/Tank Destroyer
Production rights for LY83 Fox 4x4 Light Multirole Utility Vehicle

Stats on the LY7/222 King Shepherd AA system would be great, too. To compare with our current AA systems.

Also the UDAF would like to buy two adult male fully trained Lyran Battlehound Attack Dogs for a total of twenty thousand ($20,000) to compare to our Nathaniel Vladimir Wolves. A breed only within the lands of the United Dominion.

The fund will be right when this order is confirmed.

Get back to us when you can.

Signed,
Crown Prince Khaldun
The Grand Marshal of the United Dominion Armed Forces
Last edited by LOVE DOG on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Following a recent downturn of the Economy of my nation, i was asked by the president to request a 900bn USD per year assistance from Lyras in order to keep our military properly functioning at our current size. We hope that this is not too much, and we do not know how long it will be before our own economy can handle the price again, but we hope it is very shortly.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:08 pm

United States of PA wrote:Following a recent downturn of the Economy of my nation, i was asked by the president to request a 900bn USD per year assistance from Lyras in order to keep our military properly functioning at our current size. We hope that this is not too much, and we do not know how long it will be before our own economy can handle the price again, but we hope it is very shortly.

OOC: The Anemonian Holy Office of Foreign Affairs' Military and Economic Funding Grant for Developing or Suffering Nations?

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
United States of PA wrote:Following a recent downturn of the Economy of my nation, i was asked by the president to request a 900bn USD per year assistance from Lyras in order to keep our military properly functioning at our current size. We hope that this is not too much, and we do not know how long it will be before our own economy can handle the price again, but we hope it is very shortly.

OOC: The Anemonian Holy Office of Foreign Affairs' Military and Economic Funding Grant for Developing or Suffering Nations?

OOC:Saywhat? (Looks around) "LYRAS TOLD ME TOO!!!!!"

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:28 pm

United States of PA wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:OOC: The Anemonian Holy Office of Foreign Affairs' Military and Economic Funding Grant for Developing or Suffering Nations?

OOC:Saywhat? (Looks around) "LYRAS TOLD ME TOO!!!!!"

OOC: Lyras is well known for his abnormally effective scams.

Jalanat
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jalanat » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:30 am

OOC: so UD of PA got scammed...bwahahahahaha!
My nation is not like my nation page at all, it contradicts itself, we don't EVER eat kangaroos, that's just very sad. Also vegetarianism is compulsory yet it still says it's the nation's favourite main course and all and stuff.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:35 am

Jalanat wrote:OOC: so UD of PA got scammed...bwahahahahaha!

OOC: That's nothing. You've been scammed too, except you don't know it yet.

His scams are abnormally effective.

;-D

Jalanat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalanat » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:30 am

OOC: who cares, US of PA got scammed and that's all that matters, he gets what he deserves :lol2:
My nation is not like my nation page at all, it contradicts itself, we don't EVER eat kangaroos, that's just very sad. Also vegetarianism is compulsory yet it still says it's the nation's favourite main course and all and stuff.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:22 pm

p
Last edited by United States of PA on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Divinus Terra
Envoy

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divinus Terra » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:44 pm

How mcuh would this store cost to purchase?

LOVE DOG
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby LOVE DOG » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:43 pm

TO: Lyran Arms

Greetings,

You have done business with my nation at else few times in the past, but this message isn’t for an order or to buy production rights for one of your product. This message for something else, as the CEO and Founder of Timber Wolf Incorporated, I have always try to own a piece of any company, be in in shares or total buy out.

So to the point of this message, I would like to know the highest amount of share a person is allowed to buy and said price of shares. Or how much would it cost to completely buy Lyran Arms to be part of the TWI family?

Get back to me when you have time.

Signed,
His Royal Baddass, His Royal Alpha Caesar Jason Scotus Lupus
The Emperor of the United Dominion
The Lord Marshal of Greater Dominion
The Co-Regional Governor of Romania
The Count of Transylvania
A Prince of the Greater Dominion Kingdom
A Prince of the Kingdom of Cimmeria
A Prince of the Asgardian Kingdom
The CEO of Timber Wolf Incorporated

Jalanat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalanat » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 pm

United States of PA wrote:
Jalanat wrote:OOC: who cares, US of PA got scammed and that's all that matters, he gets what he deserves :lol2:

OOC:Why? Because you cant take a joke how am i gettting what i deserve? I make a joke and you go off calling 30 some people names for no reason.

OOC: shut up rascist.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Jalanat wrote:OOC: shut up rascist.

OOC: GTFO. All of you. This is not a flipping playground.

MidwesternAmerica
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby MidwesternAmerica » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:49 pm

We would like the Manticore MRS, for the Artillery Division we ordered from Lyran Arms and as for your offer we are thankful and will keep it in mind.
DUTY HONOR LOYALTY FOR THE COMMONWEALTH

MT, Nationalist Commonwealth of Midwestern America:

Commonwealth Military in Peace:
Active duty: 16,000,000
Reserve duty: 10,500,000
Nationalist Foreign Legion: 6,500,000

Observer of SCUTUM
Member of the Covenant

FT: United Commonwealth of the Terran Sphere
Military:
Head of the Sphere Military: Lord-Castellan Johnathan Miller
Terran Legion:
Commander: Legion-Marshal Marcus Aral
Sphere Space Navy:
Commander: Lord-Admiral Kennith Hammer

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:09 pm

How mcuh would this store cost to purchase?

OOC:

*Crunches the numbers*

The answer to your question is: "More than you could afford in 7 billion lifetimes." And no, i'm not joking.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:29 pm

I would like to buy the following:

1x Hatchet-class Frigate, GP Frigate conifguration
1x Hatchet-class Frigate, Medical Support Ship configuration
1x Hatchet-class Frigate, Radar piquet/AA platform configuration
1x Harchet-class Frigate, Long-range minelayer configuration
1x Hatchet-class Frigate, baseline configuration

I calculate the cost at $4,800,000,000. The money will be wired on confirmation of the order.

Sincerely,
Admiral Pieter-Pyotr Alavi-Wiwa
Admiral of the Northern Abanhfleft Fleet
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Here, to help you out, when you purhcase a Hatchet class, you automatically get all of the attachments with it, so you can chose what you want without specifieing. I made the same mistake a while back.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:26 pm

Okay, thanks for the tip.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:11 am

United Dominion
TO: Crown Prince Khaldun, Grand Marshal of the United Dominion Armed Forces

RE: Domestic Production Rights

Your request for Domestic Production rights to the LY6 Werewolf Assault Gun/Tank Destroyer and LY83 Fox multirole 4x4 are both accepted, at the standard prices. As with all other domestic production licences, technical staff will deploy to the United Dominion to facilitate establishment of local production.

The statistics for the LY7/222 are here and the LY220 will be available shortly, and we commend them both to you as effective and reliable systems. We will however, encourage you to examine the statistics for yourself, when they are made available.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Lyran Governmental Trade Department
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

TO: Caesar Jason Scotus Lupus

RE: Whole or part acquisition of Lyran Arms

Your Highness

Lyran Arms is the trading name for the foreign export section of the Lyran Governmental Trade Department. It is, in the most technical sense, not a store at all, but more an outlet for national production. Profits are not used within Lyras, but are generally reinvested overseas, and the interest and dividends of those investments, again where possible, are also reinvested abroad. Despite an extremely austere general standard of living, as a national entity, the Lyran Protectorate is actually extremely wealthy. A great many state have a very large proportion of their industries, technically speaking, owned by the Lyran Governmental Trade Department, and through it, the Lyran Protectorate in a broader sense. The annual profit of this network is sufficient to buy a number of small to medium sized (NS) countries outright.

As such, while not immediately apparent, whole or part acquisition of Lyran Arms would not be unlike attempting to buy the United Kingdom's Foreign Office, or Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Your question has, however, raised an interesting question within the higher echelons of the Lyran state, a question which we shall no doubt put to you at some point in the future, concerning TWI.

Should you have any further or more specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

United States of Pennsylvania
TO: Office of the President, United States of Pennsylvania

RE: Economic downturn

Mr President

It is indeed unfortunate that you have fallen afoul of the vagaries of the economic cycle. It is not unusual, and even Lyras, unusual state and society that we are, is not immune to such situations. Our outlook at the moment, however, is very optimistic, so, upon consultation with Executive Command, it has been determined that we are more than able and more than willing to provide the amount you request, free of any charge or requirement for repayment.

Stand undaunted, in honour, and we shall stand with you.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Divinus Terra
Lyran Arms is the trading name for the foreign export section of the Lyran Governmental Trade Department. It is, in the most technical sense, not a store at all, but more an outlet for national production. Profits are not used within Lyras, but are generally reinvested overseas, and the interest and dividends of those investments, again where possible, are also reinvested abroad. Despite an extremely austere general standard of living, as a national entity, the Lyran Protectorate is actually extremely wealthy. A great many state have a very large proportion of their industries, technically speaking, owned by the Lyran Governmental Trade Department, and through it, the Lyran Protectorate in a broader sense.

The annual profit of this network is sufficient to buy a number of small to medium sized countries (OOC: ~3-4bn population) outright. Preliminary investigations have determined that, as the current figures would have it, the annual sales of the Lyran Arms network exceed your total national GDP by more than four orders of magnitude. An exact hypothetical purchase price has not been determined.

Should you have any further or more specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Midwestern America
TO: Nationalist Commonwealth of Midwestern America

RE: 1st Tank Corps

We acknowledge preference for the LY300 Manticore MRS as the artillery piece of choice for the purchased artillery division. It has been added to the order, and is not expected to delay delivery in any way.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Abanhfleft
TO:Admiral Pieter-Pyotr Alavi-Wiwa, Admiral of the Northern Abanhfleft Fleet, Abanhfleft

RE: Hatchet-class acquisition

Sir

We acknowledge your request for five Hatchet-class Frigates, and have dispatched them to your nominated port facilities. You have been charged NS$4bn, with the remaining NS$800m being waived, courtesy of Executive Command.

Regards

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras
Last edited by Lyras on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Pokemonman
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Pokemonman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:06 am

Divinus Terra wrote:How mcuh would this store cost to purchase?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Friendship is magic!
http://justiceforjanedoe.com/

Twigica
Envoy

Founded: Jul 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Twigica » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:12 am

OOC: I'm starting an rp war thread hence the large order.
IC: I wish to purchase one of each packages, a Longsword class ship and the prouction rights to the scorcha vehicle please. Yes I do have enough as I have not spent my defence budget for three years (In game time). Money will be wired upon confermation of order.
Last edited by Twigica on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
All hail the Modness, Reppy!
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:*stumbles in through door*
*opens stationery cupboard*
*throws contents randomly around the room*
"The stuff in this cupboard, is not *hic*...stationary anymore"
"Ah..I fuhkin luv you guys"
*Hic*
*Falls asleep on floor*
*Sleep-barfs*

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
EvilDarkMagicians wrote:I hope when he steps down he trips and falls into a vat of acid.

As curses go, very uncreative. No points for you.
I hope his grandchildren are born brown and gay. :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade