NATION

PASSWORD

The International Slave Market (MT)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:54 pm

The Jolly Rogers wrote:For reasons undisclosed the Captain has asked for a young lady meeting these requirements

Young Adult (16-18): $200,000
Celtic: +$32,000
Etiquette Training: +$35,000
Fertile: +$30,000
Healthy: +$20,000
Literate: +$20,000
Petite: +$11,000
Dirty Blonde Wavy: +$4,500
Silver: +$15,000
Total: $367,500
Your order is hereby confirmed. Thank you very much for your patronage.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Lord Hailod,

As due to recent expansions, the Empire is in need of a greater number of slaves. Thus, searches for viable and trustworthy markets have been made. Upon finding your market, and reviewing your previous sales, you have been accepted as satisfactory. Thus, a order has been placed below.

Amount of Slaves: 500
Race: No Preference
Skilled?: No

Hopefully you shall be able to fulfill our request. If so, then the 950,000 will be wired to you immediately.

Signed,
His Imperial Excellency Ivan Strauss, Lord of the Iron Cross, First Emperor of the Empire
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Maristela wrote:
(Image)
The Royal House of Maristela

To: The International Slave Market of Valdra

The 14th of February in the year of Our Lord 2014

To whom it may concern,

Her Majesty Queen Anne has asked me to purchase one of your youngest female slaves for Her Majesty's own personal gain which will remain undisclosed. It was of Her Majesty's interest when she has learned of your business, which Her Majesty finds astonishing as there are not much enterprises providing services similar to your establishment anymore these days as you know it. Changes in economic interests, resistance by enslaved people, reforms, abolition campaigns and religious groups, and so forth.

And so, to preserve Her Majesty's person and to not spark any controversy that may damage the monarchy, we also request that this missive will not be taken record of and will be disposed immediately after the transactions are complete.

Our order is as follows:

Adolescent - $17,000
Celtic - $19,000
Literate - $6,000
Grand Total - $42,000

God save the Queen,
Christopher Hollinsberry
Your order is hereby approved your majesty.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,
Primary Voice of the International Slave Market of Valdra
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

The new united britsh empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Prime Minister didn't write this at all ;)

Postby The new united britsh empire » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 pm

SIC:
To: The Slave Market of Valdra
Encryption: Top Secret

My name is not important, however I am willing to pay 'top dollar' for the best companion available. As i hold one of the most high level positions in the Imperial Parliament, i would request that you leave her in the boot of a car at a car park of my choice within The Imperial Empire of Free Sealand where my men will collect her, leaving the car for you to reclaim. i will happy pay extra for the delivery, if this is fine then this is my order:-
  • Red Straight- $14,000
  • Beautiful- $45,000
  • Etiquette Training- $35,000
  • Prime Adult- $178,000
  • Blue: +$16,000
  • Voluptuous: +$20,000
  • Healthy: +$20,000
  • Literate: +$20,000
  • Petite: +$11,000

$359,000 will be transferred to your account upon acceptance. I would also appreciate all records of this transaction to be destroyed promptly after completion.
Last edited by Yahweh 13.8 billion years ago edited 7 eras total

My IC name is The New United British Empire, If not then call me Yitzchak

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:50 am

From: The Great Servitude Trading Company, The United Realms of Libraria and Ausitoria
To: The International Slave Market of Valdra, The Scandinvans

We would like to purchase from your basic female slaves selection up to 50,000 slaves of each ethnic group (average surcharge = $9,400), for a total of 450,000 slaves, divided equally between the two youngest age groups (average charge = $19,000); of whom half of each should be attractive (average surcharge = $7,500); and of whom all should be literate (average surcharge = $6,000). The average price should be $44,900, bringing the total sum to 20,205 million. (Why do you have no literate male slaves? We could use some. Please do encourage some of them to learn, and then we will buy them).

It is of course illegal for us to actually own slaves, and therefore we must insist that these female slaves of yours are ready to freely permit us to purchase them on their own behalves, on the understanding that:
1. They will be free Ausitorian citizens from the moment of their delivery, and
2. They will owe us the sum paid for their purchase, with interest at a rate of 10% per annum + inflation, i.e. the market rate plus insurance plus costs to cover all the various risks involved in purchasing slaves.

As this is a highly sensitive matter, we must insist that you disguise the source of the slaves and do not reveal that you have sold any to us. Also their delivery should be staggered weekly from the next month through the month thereafter, and made to Chattakang Island.

In addition we would like to know how many slaves you actually own, so we can avoid looking discriminatory; and also avoid ordering more slaves than you have, or so many that it would merely encourage you to enslave far more.

And finally, on a note of public protest, and also on a note of cold-hearted business advice, we encourage you to free your slaves: you would make much more long-term profit out of them in taxes if they had more incentive and freedom to work; and it would also improve your access to international markets, to say nothing of avoiding your self-imposed status of international pariah. You could even make a start by freeing those who work hardest: it would encourage the others and allow you to investigate the advantage of improved tax returns.

Signed,
The Great Servitude Trading Company,
New Alexandria,
The United Realms of the Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Cyllea
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 am

Official Communication of The Imperial Cyllean Foreign Affairs Ministry

To whom it may concern,

The Imperial Confederacy of Cyllea is interested in buying a number of 'slaves' from your nation. Though we plan on having them as serving government officials and being treated well, that is not the point. Our requested purchase is as follows;

80 female arab elder slaves with the working skills/abilities of Healthiness, Literacy and Typing Skills for $1,696,000.00
1,700 female arab elder slaves with the working skills/abilities of Healthiness and Literacy for $22,440,000

This amounts to a total of $24,136,000.00. We hope to receive a response from your organization as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Imperial Cyllean Foreign Affairs Minister,
Ms. Iolanda Syed

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:02 pm

The Althing Confederacy wrote:Greetings fellow Scandinavians
We of the Althing Inhabit Scandinavia on an alternate earth and our representatives have arrived through the star-gate you have located (wherever you would like to discover a star-gate).
We are in the process of reestablishing our slave trade and are looking for buyers. We can supply slaves though would prefer payment in gold, silver, platinum, or other rare metals (we would also be interested in radioactive minerals such as enriched uranium for our power sources).
Would this be acceptable?
OOC: This is a modern tech storefront.

Delvian States
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Delvian States » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Lord Hailod,

My lord,

I have been authorized to seek male slaves for the purpose of arming and training them for a special military unit. I need approximately 100 slaves of this category for this particular unit. Racial traits are irrelevant for this purpose. Thank you again for considering my proposition. Just remember that this order does not officially exist on our books and will be denied or disavowed if mentioned in public news. Any discrepancies will be explained away as accounting errors.

Prime Adult (19-27): $35,000
Strong: $16,500
Healthy: +$12,000

Sincerely,
Lieutenant Commander Branek Babic, Imperial Delvian Naval Intelligence Service
Distributist, pagan, history buff, civil libertarian, mostly republican, but willing to accept some monarchy as well being a big King Charles III stan. You've been warned. I'm also very skeptical and critical of Fourth Wave feminism.
Delvian States is a confederal monarchy with autonomous principalities that often have their own laws. NS Policies aren't entirely reliable canon for that reason at least.
"Reflect, if you will, how you are to govern a people who think that they ought to be free and think that they are not. Your scheme yields no revenue. It yields nothing but discontent, disorder, and disobedience. And such is the state of America, that after wading up to your eyes in blood, you can only end just where you began....." - Edmund Burke

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:56 am

Prusslandia wrote:Lord Hailod,

As due to recent expansions, the Empire is in need of a greater number of slaves. Thus, searches for viable and trustworthy markets have been made. Upon finding your market, and reviewing your previous sales, you have been accepted as satisfactory. Thus, a order has been placed below.

Amount of Slaves: 500
Race: No Preference
Skilled?: No

Hopefully you shall be able to fulfill our request. If so, then the 950,000 will be wired to you immediately.

Signed,
His Imperial Excellency Ivan Strauss, Lord of the Iron Cross, First Emperor of the Empire
Your Imperial Majesty,

It is my privilege and honor to state that we have been able to successfully process your order. Please feel free to pick it up at our main trading center in Valdra at your discretion.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:56 pm

The new united britsh empire wrote:SIC:
To: The Slave Market of Valdra
Encryption: Top Secret

My name is not important, however I am willing to pay 'top dollar' for the best companion available. As i hold one of the most high level positions in the Imperial Parliament, i would request that you leave her in the boot of a car at a car park of my choice within The Imperial Empire of Free Sealand where my men will collect her, leaving the car for you to reclaim. i will happy pay extra for the delivery, if this is fine then this is my order:-
  • Red Straight- $14,000
  • Beautiful- $45,000
  • Etiquette Training- $35,000
  • Prime Adult- $178,000
  • Blue: +$16,000
  • Voluptuous: +$20,000
  • Healthy: +$20,000
  • Literate: +$20,000
  • Petite: +$11,000

$359,000 will be transferred to your account upon acceptance. I would also appreciate all records of this transaction to be destroyed promptly after completion.
Thank you for your custom please feel free to pick up your order whenever you see fit.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 pm

OFFICIAL DIPLOMATIC COMMUNICATION
COMPATIENS, LIBERA, ET CONTUMAX
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER

It is the opinion, as well as the legal mission, of the Greater Island Kingdom to summarily and confidently condemn the actions of The Scandinavians in the operation and maintenance of a chattel slave market. Prior cultural aspects are no excuse for the modern operation of slaver enterprise, and it is international offence the Greater Island Kingdom holds in exceptionally low regard.

Slavery has always been, and will always be, an intolerable offence against mankind and our principles as members of the same species and global society. The Greater Island Kingdom will consider taking further action against The Scandinavians if the international slave market controlled by the Scandinavians is not shut down within one month and all persons currently in bondage released to their home nations or other nations willing to accept them. Should this promptly occur, no further action will be taken against the Scandinavians. If it is not, further action which may or may not include the use of military force will be considered by the New Hayesalian Government.

In addition, the New Hayesalian Intelligence Corps is investigating the transactions of the slave market. At this point, we have established a list of government buyers which we will be facing in international circles with evidence and accusations of slave trading. We also reject the notion of ANY nation buying slaves for the purposes of freeing them immediately after. This is not only a drain on the purchasing nations economy, but it also encourages slaver nations to continue to ramp up their efforts, amplifying the problem.

See this as a warning from the vast majority of the planet to those vile enough to illegitimately strip the rights and freedoms away from any human being. We will come for you.

Official Message of the Greater Island Kingdom of New Hayesalia
Compatiens, Libera, et Contumax

Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
Building 4,
New Hayesalian Parliament Complex,
Revnami,
1604 1000 0000

Prime Ministers Office:
PO Box 1,
Revnami,
1600 1000 0016

Military Foreign Correspondence Directorate:
Military Headquarters,
MSHQ Building 8,
Revnami,
1788 1000 0000

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:From: The Great Servitude Trading Company, The United Realms of Libraria and Ausitoria

We would like to purchase from your basic female slaves selection up to 50,000 slaves of each ethnic group (average surcharge = $9,400), for a total of 450,000 slaves, divided equally between the two youngest age groups (average charge = $19,000); of whom half of each should be attractive (average surcharge = $7,500); and of whom all should be literate (average surcharge = $6,000). The average price should be $44,900, bringing the total sum to 20,205 million. (Why do you have no literate male slaves? We could use some. Please do encourage some of them to learn, and then we will buy them).

It is of course illegal for us to actually own slaves, and therefore we must insist that these female slaves of yours are ready to freely permit us to purchase them on their own behalves, on the understanding that:
1. They will be free Ausitorian citizens from the moment of their delivery, and
2. They will owe us the sum paid for their purchase, with interest at a rate of 10% per annum + inflation, i.e. the market rate plus insurance plus costs to cover all the various risks involved in purchasing slaves.

As this is a highly sensitive matter, we must insist that you disguise the source of the slaves and do not reveal that you have sold any to us. Also their delivery should be staggered weekly from the next month through the month thereafter, and made to Chattakang Island.

In addition we would like to know how many slaves you actually own, so we can avoid looking discriminatory; and also avoid ordering more slaves than you have, or so many that it would merely encourage you to enslave far more.

And finally, on a note of public protest, and also on a note of cold-hearted business advice, we encourage you to free your slaves: you would make much more long-term profit out of them in taxes if they had more incentive and freedom to work; and it would also improve your access to international markets, to say nothing of avoiding your self-imposed status of international pariah. You could even make a start by freeing those who work hardest: it would encourage the others and allow you to investigate the advantage of improved tax returns.

Signed,
New Alexandria,
The Great Servitude Trade Company,

It is one thing to ask discretion from us when handling one's order so as to avoid protest from those who hold less enlightened sentiments. However, it is another to make sweeping assumptions about the Scandinvan slave system. Our statistics have proven that when sufficiently motivated with a carrot and stick technique slaves can be made to work on a level equal or greater then the low skilled and unskilled laborers of other countries. Combined with the better welfare that they receive due to the interests of their owners in preserving their morale and health the average qualify of life exceeds the standard of living that the poor in other nations would be able to expect.

Additionally, on the caveats you added, it is not our responsibility to actively cull out individual chattel whom might desire to work for a particular owner or be emancipated. Our obligation is simply to deliver a quality product that will freely and productively follow the instructions of their owners. Generally speaking, exported slaves indicated a greater willingness to adapt to other cultures and novel situaitons. If you wish to free your slaves once they are in your nation that is your own prerogative. In the Glorious Empire it is however illegal for slaves to be emancipated and as such their freedom will have to wait until they leave the sovereign dominion of the Scandinvans. From there you are free to offer whatever terms you might want to your slaves.

To answer your question about our product inventory, I must simply state that I am not authorized to disclose that information to foreign bodies. As for why the male slaves not being literate, we have found that fully granting them the capacity to read only serves to incite the already flared passions of the uncouth masses of male thralls.

Thank you for your time and patronage.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:08 am

From: The Great Servitude Trading Company, The United Realms of Libraria and Ausitoria

Thank you for your reply.

Our assumptions are merely estimates of the unknown. We would be delighted to learn if you do indeed free slaves who work well to encourage the rest.

Moving on to the purchase request - we quite understand that you will not free slaves yourselves before you sell them to us. The question is whether you can ask some of them if they would be willing to cover the costs of effectively purchasing their own subsequent freedom as per the terms outlined earlier? And then only ship out the ones who agree?

We recognize this may seem like an unusual request, but if you cannot do this then it would be quite unprofitable for us to purchase them - we cannot go around freeing slaves out of our own pocket. We would never be able to free many as we would never turn a profit.

When I mention, in the strictest of confidences, that if all goes well with this shipment we would be interested to purchase billions of slaves at the cost of trillions of dollars, we would hope you would be prepared to cater to the wishes of such an important customer if you wish to make a profit yourselves. We suppose that if you would like to permit us to send in our own investigators, they could make the slaves offers themselves? Or we could pay a slight surcharge for the extra administrative costs?

As to your inventory - unfortunately if you are unable to give us any information we would be unable to make significant further purchases from you. You will undoubtedly understand that if you only have a few million slaves and we try to purchase a billion; we know that this would encourage your nation to make more slaves, and we could not encourage that.

Therefore we must strike a balance between freeing slaves (at a profit) and not having a significant effect upon production. So if you want us to buy more slaves, we really must know how many you already have in total. If you are unwilling to give a precise number, a moderately imprecise range would do for us to estimate from.

Signed,
New Alexandria,
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:23 am

Cyllea wrote:
Official Communication of The Imperial Cyllean Foreign Affairs Ministry

To whom it may concern,

The Imperial Confederacy of Cyllea is interested in buying a number of 'slaves' from your nation. Though we plan on having them as serving government officials and being treated well, that is not the point. Our requested purchase is as follows;

80 female arab elder slaves with the working skills/abilities of Healthiness, Literacy and Typing Skills for $1,696,000.00
1,700 female arab elder slaves with the working skills/abilities of Healthiness and Literacy for $22,440,000

This amounts to a total of $24,136,000.00. We hope to receive a response from your organization as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Imperial Cyllean Foreign Affairs Minister,
Ms. Iolanda Syed
Ms. Syed,

It is my pleasure to state that your specified order has been fully arranged and is available for you at your earliest possible convenience.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 am

Delvian States wrote:
Lord Hailod,

My lord,

I have been authorized to seek male slaves for the purpose of arming and training them for a special military unit. I need approximately 100 slaves of this category for this particular unit. Racial traits are irrelevant for this purpose. Thank you again for considering my proposition. Just remember that this order does not officially exist on our books and will be denied or disavowed if mentioned in public news. Any discrepancies will be explained away as accounting errors.

Prime Adult (19-27): $35,000

Sincerely,
Lieutenant Commander Branek Babic, Imperial Delvian Naval Intelligence Service
OOC: Please add the full price of the order.

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:16 pm

New Hayesalia wrote:
OFFICIAL DIPLOMATIC COMMUNICATION
COMPATIENS, LIBERA, ET CONTUMAX
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER

It is the opinion, as well as the legal mission, of the Greater Island Kingdom to summarily and confidently condemn the actions of The Scandinavians in the operation and maintenance of a chattel slave market. Prior cultural aspects are no excuse for the modern operation of slaver enterprise, and it is international offence the Greater Island Kingdom holds in exceptionally low regard.

Slavery has always been, and will always be, an intolerable offence against mankind and our principles as members of the same species and global society. The Greater Island Kingdom will consider taking further action against The Scandinavians if the international slave market controlled by the Scandinavians is not shut down within one month and all persons currently in bondage released to their home nations or other nations willing to accept them. Should this promptly occur, no further action will be taken against the Scandinavians. If it is not, further action which may or may not include the use of military force will be considered by the New Hayesalian Government.

In addition, the New Hayesalian Intelligence Corps is investigating the transactions of the slave market. At this point, we have established a list of government buyers which we will be facing in international circles with evidence and accusations of slave trading. We also reject the notion of ANY nation buying slaves for the purposes of freeing them immediately after. This is not only a drain on the purchasing nations economy, but it also encourages slaver nations to continue to ramp up their efforts, amplifying the problem.

See this as a warning from the vast majority of the planet to those vile enough to illegitimately strip the rights and freedoms away from any human being. We will come for you.

Official Message of the Greater Island Kingdom of New Hayesalia
Compatiens, Libera, et Contumax

Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
Building 4,
Revnami,
1604 1000 0000

Prime Ministers Office:
PO Box 1,
Revnami,
1600 1000 0016

Military Foreign Correspondence Directorate:
Military Headquarters,
MSHQ Building 8,
Revnami,
1788 1000 0000
We would like to make abundantly clear that as of now none of our valued clients data was compromised by the nefarious and underhanded efforts of the government of New Hayesalia. This action of there is merely a bluff by the government to merely coerce our patrons into kowtowing to whatever feeble demands that they might make. Therefore rest assured that your personal privacy and the protection of your prerogatives is assured. Simply put, International Slave Market of Valdra's databases cannot be accessed by any outside power and as of now only a select few trusted officials can even come into contact them much less freely grant admittance to others. We also would like to point out that even if such data was downloaded on a computer in New Hayesalia no one in that nation would have the software or coding knowledge needed to open much less understand the methods that we use to protect our clients' accounts.

In relation to New Hayesalia itself, we would welcome them to look inwards before so brazenly challenging the legitimacy of the time honored and righteous practices of the Empire least the truth of their hypocrisy sear away what little sanity they might truly posses.

As for the demands of the New Hayesalian government I shall merely repeat the standardized response of the imperial government to outside powers. "The Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans, in accordance with its ancient prerogatives and institutions, shall not alter its practices merely due to the inane desires of a deluded foreign power. We, as always, shall maintain the customs that our ancestors have bequeathed unto us for better or worse. For it is those ways which define the Empire as an entity and give the lives of our people meaning."

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

Swamps of Shrek
Attaché

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Swamps of Shrek » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Middle Age (36-51): $25,000
Hindi: +$1500
Literate: +40,000 (I will pay this if they can speak, they must be able to understand commands!)

TOTAL: 72,500 x 1000 = 72,500,000 NSD
RP population: 400 Million
RP Millitary: 1,600,000
(1,200,000 Active, 4,000,000 Reserves, split equally into army, navy and airforce)
These can change anytime.

Swamps of shrek is an amazing nation, and so is its region the imperium of the wolf
Own CatBeatts Sound Co. Their shopfront
FOR: Rupublicism, millitary, police control, slavery
AGAINST: Facsim, Communism, crime.
WE SUPPORT SLAVERY!

Lionsclaw
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lionsclaw » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Dear Scandinvans,
We are on a foreign aid mission to a Nation going through a Black plague epidemic, but we lack the proper female nurses in our mission. we know this is a business of yours but we ask for an act of charity for 100 African young adult slaves. I thank thee for your time what ever you decide.

Leo White
Head Director of Medicine
from Lionsclaw
Nation's Population
~32 million people
+1500 male African slaves
+500 female African slaves
The Empire of Lionsclaw part of The United Empires of Lions
$$$$Nation's Bank funds$$$$
$115,345,899,635

owns Bio Tech Industries

SJT
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby SJT » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Why the f*** is this thread allowed to exist?
Pro: Liberalism, Greens, Communism, Socialism, Israel, Free Tibet, Kosovo, Taiwan, EU, United Nations, fair trade, cannabis, secularism, LGB rights
Anti: Racism, Nazism, Fascism, Stalinism, conservatism, antisemitism, theocracy, Palestine, ISIL, Russia, DST, corporations, rednecks
Indian (Asian) high schooler living in the US, democratic socialist, asexual, universalist/Christian, traveller. Anime, aviation, architecture, cartography and vexillology fan. Euro and Japanophile.

Member of the IESP
RP Population: 42 million
تهيس يس جوست العَرَبِيةُ جيببآريسه
Political Results
iSideWith - Political Compass

"GNH is a better ranking than GDP, because one can't buy the other." -Nathan Athanasios Johnson

Lionsclaw
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lionsclaw » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:21 pm

cause it is got a problem ignore it. thats what i do to threads i dont particularly like
Nation's Population
~32 million people
+1500 male African slaves
+500 female African slaves
The Empire of Lionsclaw part of The United Empires of Lions
$$$$Nation's Bank funds$$$$
$115,345,899,635

owns Bio Tech Industries

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:29 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:From: The Great Servitude Trading Company, The United Realms of Libraria and Ausitoria

Thank you for your reply.

Our assumptions are merely estimates of the unknown. We would be delighted to learn if you do indeed free slaves who work well to encourage the rest.

Moving on to the purchase request - we quite understand that you will not free slaves yourselves before you sell them to us. The question is whether you can ask some of them if they would be willing to cover the costs of effectively purchasing their own subsequent freedom as per the terms outlined earlier? And then only ship out the ones who agree?

We recognize this may seem like an unusual request, but if you cannot do this then it would be quite unprofitable for us to purchase them - we cannot go around freeing slaves out of our own pocket. We would never be able to free many as we would never turn a profit.

When I mention, in the strictest of confidences, that if all goes well with this shipment we would be interested to purchase billions of slaves at the cost of trillions of dollars, we would hope you would be prepared to cater to the wishes of such an important customer if you wish to make a profit yourselves. We suppose that if you would like to permit us to send in our own investigators, they could make the slaves offers themselves? Or we could pay a slight surcharge for the extra administrative costs?

As to your inventory - unfortunately if you are unable to give us any information we would be unable to make significant further purchases from you. You will undoubtedly understand that if you only have a few million slaves and we try to purchase a billion; we know that this would encourage your nation to make more slaves, and we could not encourage that.

Therefore we must strike a balance between freeing slaves (at a profit) and not having a significant effect upon production. So if you want us to buy more slaves, we really must know how many you already have in total. If you are unwilling to give a precise number, a moderately imprecise range would do for us to estimate from.

Signed,
New Alexandria,
To the Great Servitude Trading Company,

Simply put I am not authorized to disclose any information relating to the overall stocks available due to the fact that the official charter under which the Market operates explicitly prohibits me from revealing them to outside entities. Also, I can state that our stocks never exceed fifteen million. I also will clarify that moving such large quantities of merchandise at once doe negatively impact the long term profit of our enterprise by discouraging domestic clients from returning to us as we would certainly be unable to fulfill many orders and also would force us to pay higher prices in order to readily replenish our stocks.

In relation your request to ask slaves that you might potentially buy whether or not they want freedom, I must state that it is against the laws of the Empire which govern the thrall trade. The penalty from violating this ban technically falls underneath the auspices of sedition. Charges which we are not willing to entail ourselves with. Additionally, posing the question to our chattel would set a precedent which would adversely impact the future morale of our slaves and ultimately cost us more than we could properly project.

We apologize for the trouble but our generations of practice in slave trading have resulted in us adopting certain customs which can prevent us from fulfilling all the specifications of our patrons so that we might better ensure quality. As well, the laws of the Empire have been put into place for the security and welfare of all just subjects of the Empire.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

Jagada
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Jagada » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:39 pm

To: Lord Hailod, Primary Voice of the International Slave Market of Valdra

Lord Hailod,

Hail and well met fellow Gothic brother. The Matriarch sends her regards to your Emperor and wishes your empire well during these lucrative and trying times. To get to business, the Matriarchy is entering and new and unusual time and one that will be both economically beneficial and hopefully acceptable to our fellow Gothic Lords. To that end however we find ourselves critically short on laborers and are in need of a large influx of them. Given that the Matriarchy has only perhaps a handful of restrictive laws on the books, none of which being against slavery, we have decided to fulfill our needs and fill the coffers of our brothers and sisters.

Our preliminary outreach to your government was met with some disappointment lord as they gave us an upward range of a million slaves. Our needs go far beyond that -- we are in need of tens of millions of slaves for the numerous and high-profile projects we will soon be starting. I have decided to come to your sir and ask if there is any other arrangement that could possibly be met to ensure that both of our respective parties can walk away from this deal happy.

Ashes upon ashes Lord Hailod.
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Swamps of Shrek wrote:Middle Age (36-51): $25,000
Hindi: +$1500
Literate: +40,000 (I will pay this if they can speak, they must be able to understand commands!)

TOTAL: 72,500 x 1000 = 72,500,000 NSD
Your order is hereby approved thank you for your patronage.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Lionsclaw wrote:Dear Scandinvans,
We are on a foreign aid mission to a Nation going through a Black plague epidemic, but we lack the proper female nurses in our mission. we know this is a business of yours but we ask for an act of charity for 100 African young adult slaves. I thank thee for your time what ever you decide.

Leo White
Head Director of Medicine
from Lionsclaw
There are numerous charitable organizations which can offer sustainable aid to your nation. We however cannot meet your request as none of our slaves are medically licensed. I can however offer you a grant of one hundred million dollars so that you might combat the epidemic.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

The Scandinvans
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Jagada wrote:To: Lord Hailod, Primary Voice of the International Slave Market of Valdra

Lord Hailod,

Hail and well met fellow Gothic brother. The Matriarch sends her regards to your Emperor and wishes your empire well during these lucrative and trying times. To get to business, the Matriarchy is entering and new and unusual time and one that will be both economically beneficial and hopefully acceptable to our fellow Gothic Lords. To that end however we find ourselves critically short on laborers and are in need of a large influx of them. Given that the Matriarchy has only perhaps a handful of restrictive laws on the books, none of which being against slavery, we have decided to fulfill our needs and fill the coffers of our brothers and sisters.

Our preliminary outreach to your government was met with some disappointment lord as they gave us an upward range of a million slaves. Our needs go far beyond that -- we are in need of tens of millions of slaves for the numerous and high-profile projects we will soon be starting. I have decided to come to your sir and ask if there is any other arrangement that could possibly be met to ensure that both of our respective parties can walk away from this deal happy.

Ashes upon ashes Lord Hailod.
Minister Verdinand Vaulk,

We are more than happy to serve our fellows within the region. Though as it stands the sheer size of your order will exceed our overall capacity to properly ship them and distribute them through our usual processing facilities in Valdra. Thus, if you would like to greatly expedite the speed at which your order is handled, we would like to request that you dispatch your own vessels to the processing centers of the island of Vismer at whatever intervals you deem nominal. Otherwise the estimate time it would take to properly accommodate the specifications of your order are estimated to be around six months.

We apologize for the trouble and would like to note that if you wish to pursue the regular path it, as noted earlier, would take six months. We thank you for patronage and your understanding.

Signed,
Lord Hailod,

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade