NATION

PASSWORD

CASTLE (Closed to All Slavers)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Habsburg Yugoslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Habsburg Yugoslavia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:18 am

Happly to join
Factbook viewtopic.php?f=23&t=127701&hilit=new+factbook
defcon 5
Alliance(s) WASO viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40954&start=3175
Quotes "I am still alive!" Caligula whilst being murdered.
Demphor wrote:
New East Ireland wrote:I'll just smash the Ten Commandments over your head.

Mediterreania
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Of course we want to join. We're Mediterreania.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Free Assembly - decentralized group of local associations. Main faction.
-Workers' Republic - anarcho-syndicalist commune
-República Morsica (Betico)
-Republic of Lusca
-Catholic State (The Archbishop of Siraucsa)

Necroca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Necroca » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:27 pm

As a member of the IASEN I will formally like to say we treat all of our slaves equally.
*Slaves are not to be beaten to the point of bruising or death in circumstances where this is avoidable
*The murder of a slave is to have the same importance as that of a freedman in the eyes of the slave,
*Sexual Intercourse with slaves is not to be engaged in without the slaves consent as outlined by the sovereign nations law
*Slaves must be provided with food water and adequate housing at all times
*Slave families should not be broken up, in any circumstance where such is avoidable
*Pregnant slaves shall not preform work for the duration of their pregnancy, or arduous labor until 3 weeks after the birth,
*Crippled and Elderly slaves shall be assigned only to roles accommodating their limited abilities, in accord with the severity and timespan of their infirmity
*Slaves delivered shall meet the specifications of the slave purchased
*Slaves will be delivered upon the receipt of payment
*Slaves will not be damaged during transit in any avoidable circumstance
*If a slave is injured in transit this will be noted before the transaction is complete and the slave will be given treatment if possible, keeping in mind the severity of the injury
*Nations reserve the right to execute slaves if accosted by pirate forces in international water

Official IASEN document of Treatment of Slaves.

So please do not mess with us as we are treating them perfectly and trying to stop us will be considered the final right with in the Treatment of Slaves rule.

Ah Fuck the IASEN, The CASTLE is where to be, sign me up!
Last edited by Necroca on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pop-99,466,123

Salzland
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salzland » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:54 pm

St George of England wrote:OOC: Is it possible to sign/agree to the Kázmér Doctrine and not join CASTLE? The Imperial Papal Empire operates a don't ask, don't tell policy on these things, but reserves the right to ignore it and attack slavers.

Depends on His Majesty's mood.

OOC: Sure.
The Armed Republic of Salzland (Citizen: Salzlander)
    Proud ODECON Member
    Dagora Doctrine Signatory
    CASTLE Accords Signatory
    Polaris Initiative Member
    Akiwealth Member

Embassies: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1134

Flag Courtesy Of Fictions
Risk Management Incorporated: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55886

And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, ODECON was born—to fight the foes no single nation could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, but their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then—for now, ODEVENGERS Assemble!

Retired Roleplaying Mentor

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Necroca wrote:So please do not mess with us as we are treating them perfectly and trying to stop us will be considered the final right with in the Treatment of Slaves rule.

That's it. I'm moving to have you suspended or expelled. You do not speak for the IASEN. Ever. Stop saying what will or will not be considered as something by the IASEN. Do this again, you're gone. No trial, nothing.
Sorry OP, won't post here again. Neither will he if he wants to retain membership.
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Free Missouri
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Missouri » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:11 pm

signed and request help in waging war on someone who supports the trade
Military Whitelist
[spoiler=Isidewith score]http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/933358212
Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten, Zalig Kerstfeest, শুভ বড়দিন, Feliz Navidad, and to all a blessed new year.

“Too much capitalism does not mean too many capitalists, but too few capitalists.”The Uses of Diversity, 1921, GK Chesterton

Necroca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Necroca » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Necroca wrote:As a member of the IASEN I will formally like to say we treat all of our slaves equally.
*Slaves are not to be beaten to the point of bruising or death in circumstances where this is avoidable
*The murder of a slave is to have the same importance as that of a freedman in the eyes of the slave,
*Sexual Intercourse with slaves is not to be engaged in without the slaves consent as outlined by the sovereign nations law
*Slaves must be provided with food water and adequate housing at all times
*Slave families should not be broken up, in any circumstance where such is avoidable
*Pregnant slaves shall not preform work for the duration of their pregnancy, or arduous labor until 3 weeks after the birth,
*Crippled and Elderly slaves shall be assigned only to roles accommodating their limited abilities, in accord with the severity and timespan of their infirmity
*Slaves delivered shall meet the specifications of the slave purchased
*Slaves will be delivered upon the receipt of payment
*Slaves will not be damaged during transit in any avoidable circumstance
*If a slave is injured in transit this will be noted before the transaction is complete and the slave will be given treatment if possible, keeping in mind the severity of the injury
*Nations reserve the right to execute slaves if accosted by pirate forces in international water

Official IASEN document of Treatment of Slaves.

So please do not mess with us as we are treating them perfectly and trying to stop us will be considered the final right with in the Treatment of Slaves rule.

Ah Fuck the IASEN, The CASTLE is where to be, sign me up!

Signed
Current Pop-99,466,123

Lykosia
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykosia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 pm

The government of The Unitary Republic of Lykosia hereby signed and ratified the treaty.

-Phantom Skye
President of Lykosia

Dystopianus
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dystopianus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:56 am

Just a small question, but what happened to the World Anti Slavery Organisation (WASO)?
Factbook: check it out before writing any comments about me, this is valueble information that might make you think differently about me. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=89623
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Have you ever been in a battle where trained war kittens were unleashed on the field? Have you heard the screams of the dying as their faces were chewed off by adorable, yet deadly, swarms of kittens? No. No. You have no idea of the terror which a trained kitten squad can inflict, the horror and madness as the wall of fluffy death closes on you. I have been, I have seen. The art of the Kittenmeister is a truly terrible thing to behold

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:27 am

Do not speak that vile name here. It is an organization that has been uncovered as nothing but a front for a few fat cats to line their pockets with the donations of those who sought to bring an end to this heinous inhuman enterprise. Who has this reprehensible front company actually freed? Many supporters freed slaves but the front company itself is a joke and not considered at all a threat by slavers. Slavers in fact, laugh at that group because it is bought and paid for by the very thugs they claim to support.
Last edited by Libertarian Governance on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stand up, it's time to rise. It's time for revenge, opposition must die
Chaos, violence, revolution now! - GG Allin

Mediterreania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Libertarian Governance wrote:Do not speak that vile name here. It is an organization that has been uncovered as nothing but a front for a few fat cats to line their pockets with the donations of those who sought to bring an end to this heinous inhuman enterprise. Who has this reprehensible front company actually freed? Many supporters freed slaves but the front company itself is a joke and not considered at all a threat by slavers. Slavers in fact, laugh at that group because it is bought and paid for by the very thugs they claim to support.

WASO is not a thug organization. It is noble but ultimately misguided. A peaceful end to slavery is much better than a violent one.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Republic of Lusca

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Mediterreania wrote:
Libertarian Governance wrote:Do not speak that vile name here. It is an organization that has been uncovered as nothing but a front for a few fat cats to line their pockets with the donations of those who sought to bring an end to this heinous inhuman enterprise. Who has this reprehensible front company actually freed? Many supporters freed slaves but the front company itself is a joke and not considered at all a threat by slavers. Slavers in fact, laugh at that group because it is bought and paid for by the very thugs they claim to support.

WASO is not a thug organization. It is noble but ultimately misguided. A peaceful end to slavery is much better than a violent one.

Unfortunately, though, there is no sign of that ever happening.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

Imbrinium
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Imbrinium » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:23 pm

I know nations have signed and have not been added yet those nations will be added as soon their voted on. Thanks for your support in ongoing operations against slavery.
When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
"Deus vult" is Latin for "God wills it" and it was the cry of the people at the declaration of the First Crusade by Pope Urban II at the Council of Clermont in 1095.
#MAGA, WWG1WGA , Q

Unified German State
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified German State » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Official Communication of the Empire of the German State

To: The leaders of the CASTLE accords
Slavery, one of the most disgusting practices in human history. Sadly, it has not been obliterated from this earth, it is my duty, as the leader of a civilized state, to do everything possible to end this evil practice, which defies the lords word. I therefore do request the Unified German State be allowed into this alliance.

Der Kaiser
The Empire of Unified German States

Meyer-Weber Aeronautics

Defcon:(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)

You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it.
-Ho Chi Minh

Mediterreania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Aldarminia wrote:
Mediterreania wrote:WASO is not a thug organization. It is noble but ultimately misguided. A peaceful end to slavery is much better than a violent one.

Unfortunately, though, there is no sign of that ever happening.

[Note: the following is an IC comment]

What we really find disturbing is the trend towards violence. OTHO and CASTLE are replacing IASEN and WASO. And while we are radically antislavery, there is still a need for reasonable men to conduct peaceful diplomacy. At least IASEN and WASO kept its members in line.
-Republic of Lusca

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Armed force has freed 200,000,000 slaves while reasonable men hope, pray and talk. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=101062
Last edited by Libertarian Governance on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makibishi
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Makibishi » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:42 am

After some debate, the shareholders and officers of the Makibishi Corporation, speaking for the Incorporated States as per the terms of the Charter of Incorporation, conclude that the terms of the CASTLE Accords are just and reasonable, and have sustained a motion that the Incorporated States should become a signatory of, and be bound by the terms of, those same accords.

Accordingly, acting on my authority as Chief Executive Officer of the Makibishi Corporation, I hereby sign the CASTLE Accords on behalf of the Incorporated States.

Melkolf Arcturus Zaduras
CEO, Makibishi Corporation

Unofficially, it should be noted that, as the Makibishi Corporation is well-known to be a major player in the international arms market, this move could be considered as merely a way to choose sides in any upcoming conflicts, with the transparent intentions of thereby securing lucrative contracts in support of CASTLE's mission, rather then out of any moral position for or against slavery. After all, it was only last year that the Ysterman Corporation, one of the main signatories of Makibishi's Charter of Incorporation, came under international scrutiny for irregularities associated with their indentured labor policies, known to actually include the purchase of slaves (slavery has always been illegal under the Charter of Incorporation, but a loophole was exploited that resulted in former slaves being held liable for the cost of their purchase as a debt, which would be settled by a lengthy period of indenture). Those policies in particular have since been reformed (and the loophole in question closed), but the Makibishi Corporation itself maintains that indentured labor remains a valid and legal means of covering certain debts, provided that the laborers in question sign the contract freely and without coercion.

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Mediterreania wrote:
Aldarminia wrote:Unfortunately, though, there is no sign of that ever happening.

[Note: the following is an IC comment]

What we really find disturbing is the trend towards violence. OTHO and CASTLE are replacing IASEN and WASO. And while we are radically antislavery, there is still a need for reasonable men to conduct peaceful diplomacy. At least IASEN and WASO kept its members in line.

While these "reasonable men" conduct peaceful diplomacy millions, nay, billions suffer, chained to lands they do not own. Possibly millions of them die every day due to horrible conditions. Every single debate and meeting has always led to either of the following: A massive purchase of slaves so that they may be freed or pointless bickering that accomplishes nothing. Slavery must be destroyed by force of arms. It is one of the very few matters where the ends really do justify the means.

OTHO will be swept aside by UR and CASTLE forces. IASEN and WASO are unorganizedn facades. They are both in no better of a state than a state of decadence. For the first time, there is a whole wave of crusades against slavery and they are largely successful. The dagger of freedom has slit the throats of the slavers and now they must bleed. Peace has only led to more profits for the slavers, but it has brought about weakness, much in the way peace and apathy had brought about the weakness of the Conglomerate. The time to strike is now.

OOC-I thought this entire thread was in IC either way.
Last edited by Aldarminia on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

Mediterreania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Aldarminia wrote:
Mediterreania wrote:[Note: the following is an IC comment]

While these "reasonable men" conduct peaceful diplomacy millions, nay, billions suffer, chained to lands they do not own. Possibly millions of them die every day due to horrible conditions. Every single debate and meeting has always led to either of the following: A massive purchase of slaves so that they may be freed or pointless bickering that accomplishes nothing. Slavery must be destroyed by force of arms. It is one of the very few matters where the ends really do justify the means.

OTHO will be swept aside by UR and CASTLE forces. IASEN and WASO are unorganizedn facades. They are both in no better of a state than a state of decadence. For the first time, there is a whole wave of crusades against slavery and they are largely successful. The dagger of freedom has slit the throats of the slavers and now they must bleed. Peace has only led to more profits for the slavers, but it has brought about weakness, much in the way peace and apathy had brought about the weakness of the Conglomerate. The time to strike is now.

Mediterreania agrees with using force to end slavery. Protect life of the innocents by punishing the life of the guilty. But should there not be a way to prevent WWIII?
-Republic of Lusca

St George of England
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Aldarminia wrote:
Mediterreania wrote:[Note: the following is an IC comment]

Not owning land =/= slavery.

And largely successful? Apart from a defeat of Underium, and I would dispute the '200,000,000' slaves figure hotly, the wars against slavery failed. Has The Scandinvians stopped using slaves? Nickslynvania? Countless others? No. This 'wave of crusades' was nothing more than anti-sovereignty operations under the guise of wars against slavery.

And when slavers decided they didn't want anything to do with them, as is their right, certain people resorted to flamebaiting.
The Angline-Guanxine Empire
Current Monarch: His Heavenly Guanxine The Ky Morris
Population: As NS Page
Current RP: Closure of the Paulianus Passage
The United Coven of the Otherworlds
Current Leader: Covenwoman Paige Thomas
Population: 312,000,000
Military Size: 4,000,000
New to NS? TG me if you have questions.

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:38 pm

WWIII will not come. The slavers are barely unified. We can divide them and conquer them easily. Their pathetic greed keeps them from risking their precious money to jump to aid their fellow slavers. The few that do ally with each other and retaliate against us are too weak to stand by themselves. With our numbers we could overpower them individually.

Don't be fooled and think Aldarminia wouldn't love to reach a peace. The fact is that peace will only be reached when there is not a slave or slaver in existence and there are only free men and women. What's unfortunate is that there is not a slaver nation out there willing to give up their practice without some sort of preposterous amount of money or tribute or armed conflict.

Is a cruel nation's sovereignty worth more than the millions of lives that nation has ruined? No. it's not. Our war on slavery is not some disguise. It is what it is. A liberation of people forced to work without pay and forced to be treated like dirt. Sovereignty is respected but those nations that practice slavery are just like murderers. They had forsaken their rights to sovereignty when they had stripped human beings of their right to freedom. Where our war has been waged, it has been largely successful. That is undeniable. The vctory over Underium is a testament to that. As for Scandinvans and the Anglo-Saxons, soon they too will meet their fate. Whether they accept to abolish slavery or not is up to them. Either way though, abolition will occur. Peacefuly or not.

George, that's Aldarminia(more specificly its Emperor) talking, not me. Just making that clear. And as far as I'm concerned every nation attacked in the UR's war on slavery accepted the war. "working on land they do not own" was implying the obvious.
Riflemoor

Sunset

St George of England
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Aldarminia wrote:WWIII will not come. The slavers are barely unified. We can divide them and conquer them easily. Their pathetic greed keeps them from risking their precious money to jump to aid their fellow slavers. The few that do ally with each other and retaliate against us are too weak to stand by themselves. With our numbers we could overpower them individually.

Don't be fooled and think Aldarminia wouldn't love to reach a peace. The fact is that peace will only be reached when there is not a slave or slaver in existence and there are only free men and women. What's unfortunate is that there is not a slaver nation out there willing to give up their practice without some sort of preposterous amount of money or tribute or armed conflict.

Is a cruel nation's sovereignty worth more than the millions of lives that nation has ruined? No. it's not. Our war on slavery is not some disguise. It is what it is. A liberation of people forced to work without pay and forced to be treated like dirt. Sovereignty is respected but those nations that practice slavery are just like murderers. They had forsaken their rights to sovereignty when they had stripped human beings of their right to freedom. Where our war has been waged, it has been largely successful. That is undeniable. The vctory over Underium is a testament to that. As for Scandinvans and the Anglo-Saxons, soon they too will meet their fate. Whether they accept to abolish slavery or not is up to them. Either way though, abolition will occur. Peacefuly or not.

George, that's Aldarminia(more specificly its Emperor) talking, not me. Just making that clear. And as far as I'm concerned every nation attacked in the UR's war on slavery accepted the war. "working on land they do not own" was implying the obvious.

Can the Imperial Papal Empire expect to see Aldarminia moving against nations which disallow women or men the vote? Which disallow women or men the right to assembly? The right to serve in government? All could be called apart of a wider 'right to freedom'? Will Aldarminia move against nations which jail abortion doctors? Or nations which jail political dissidents? There is a 'right to freedom' violated, but, again, the Imperial Papal Empire does not see Aldarminia, or Libertarian Governance, or Allenea, or any other moving against nations such as Abruzi, Algrinia or perhaps even Lyras?

Do not pretend that these 'crusades' were anything other than selective. The way the 'crusaders' went about their wars was wrong, both in practice and in aim. Why go after the small slaver states and ignore the larger ones? If you break the largest the smallest will have no choice but to fall in line.

And your assertions to that Aldarminia would 'love to reach a peace' don't fly when, in the very same paragraph you state: "What's unfortunate is that there is not a slaver nation out there willing to give up their practice without some sort of preposterous amount of money or tribute or armed conflict." Is an expensive peace not preferable to war, the Imperial Papal Empire asks? It thinks so.
The Angline-Guanxine Empire
Current Monarch: His Heavenly Guanxine The Ky Morris
Population: As NS Page
Current RP: Closure of the Paulianus Passage
The United Coven of the Otherworlds
Current Leader: Covenwoman Paige Thomas
Population: 312,000,000
Military Size: 4,000,000
New to NS? TG me if you have questions.

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:37 pm

We cannot speak for Libertarian Governance, Allanea, or any other nation for that matter, but if the Imperial Republic had the economy, the military strength, and the all-around power, we would wage war on all those who do not give the very basic human freedoms. Those rights are the right to life, the right to liberty, and the right the right to the pursuit of happiness. The right to liberty or the right right to freedom is violated every single time a person is enslaved. The right to freedom is the right to live free from oppression and bondage. As long as that right and the others are not violated, we have no quarrel. The right to vote, the right to assembly, and the right to serve in government are not human rights, but civil rights which must be determined by the nation.

Aldarminia, sadly, cannot wage wars on all those nations who pactice slavery. We just can't. We don't have the strength. So we does this mean we jsut sit idle and let the slavers continue their practice while we wait? No. It merely means that we must liberate all those we can. When the day comes that Aldarminia is stronger and larger than all of its enemies, you can expect us to be ridding the world of slavery nation by nation. That day will not come soon though. It might not come at all.

Nor can Aldarminia afford to wreck its entire economy and the lives of more than a billion Aldarminians to liberate a few million slaves by purchasing them for trillions. So as Aldarminia has done for years, we will do what we can. Besides, when fellow anti-slavery nations do give the slavers money, the slavers only give a portion of their slaves and they still continue their practice.
Riflemoor

Sunset

Mediterreania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Aldarminia wrote:We cannot speak for Libertarian Governance, Allanea, or any other nation for that matter, but if the Imperial Republic had the economy, the military strength, and the all-around power, we would wage war on all those who do not give the very basic human freedoms. Those rights are the right to life, the right to liberty, and the right the right to the pursuit of happiness. The right to liberty or the right right to freedom is violated every single time a person is enslaved. The right to freedom is the right to live free from oppression and bondage. As long as that right and the others are not violated, we have no quarrel. The right to vote, the right to assembly, and the right to serve in government are not human rights, but civil rights which must be determined by the nation.

What about self-ownership?

Aldarminia, sadly, cannot wage wars on all those nations who pactice slavery. We just can't. We don't have the strength. So we does this mean we jsut sit idle and let the slavers continue their practice while we wait? No. It merely means that we must liberate all those we can. When the day comes that Aldarminia is stronger and larger than all of its enemies, you can expect us to be ridding the world of slavery nation by nation. That day will not come soon though. It might not come at all.

Amen.

Nor can Aldarminia afford to wreck its entire economy and the lives of more than a billion Aldarminians to liberate a few million slaves by purchasing them for trillions. So as Aldarminia has done for years, we will do what we can. Besides, when fellow anti-slavery nations do give the slavers money, the slavers only give a portion of their slaves and they still continue their practice.

If the larger slave states are paid off to abolish, the smaller ones will follow suit.
-Republic of Lusca

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:28 pm

St George of England wrote:Can the Imperial Papal Empire expect to see Aldarminia moving against nations which disallow women or men the vote? Which disallow women or men the right to assembly? The right to serve in government? All could be called apart of a wider 'right to freedom'? Will Aldarminia move against nations which jail abortion doctors? Or nations which jail political dissidents? There is a 'right to freedom' violated, but, again, the Imperial Papal Empire does not see Aldarminia, or Libertarian Governance, or Allenea, or any other moving against nations such as Abruzi, Algrinia or perhaps even Lyras?

Do not pretend that these 'crusades' were anything other than selective. The way the 'crusaders' went about their wars was wrong, both in practice and in aim. Why go after the small slaver states and ignore the larger ones? If you break the largest the smallest will have no choice but to fall in line.

And your assertions to that Aldarminia would 'love to reach a peace' don't fly when, in the very same paragraph you state: "What's unfortunate is that there is not a slaver nation out there willing to give up their practice without some sort of preposterous amount of money or tribute or armed conflict." Is an expensive peace not preferable to war, the Imperial Papal Empire asks? It thinks so.

Why should we move against Lyras when Lyras attacked that very same slave trader that thought the war was over. It is as he was told. The attacks would continue and they did continue!
Last edited by Libertarian Governance on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents