NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Commonwealth League of Crowns Council Chamber

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Whiskey Hill
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskey Hill » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Izzyshipper wrote:"May I point out that the act has aleady passed, and any ammendments shall have to be proposed in an seperate bill and voted on.

As for the proposed compromise I must share the doubts of my colleagues"

Foreign Minister D. Petrovic:

We are not asking for a vote on anything yet, merely asking if there is any interest in a compromise, and suggesting processes in which smaller monarchies could be protected without gaining enough power to subvert the League. This seemed a point of interest for some, and so we seek to find a resolution on which we can compromise. The suggestion that smaller monarchies who wanted protection could choose to become a protectorate of a member nation was one suggestion, that a inferior class of members be instituted who can have protection but not full membership rights for such smaller nations, until they achieve what standards we set for those full rights is another.

Regardless of whether anyone agrees with any of our proposals, is there any interest in protecting smaller monarchies, and so coming to a compromise for how that could be done without risking the integrity of the League, or is this just a club for older, established ones?
Factbook & Embassy Thread

The Imperial Commonwealth League of Crowns-Member

Osthia
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:01 pm

"No nation, no matter how small, is a FULL member. Let me repeat myself. All nations, large or small, young or old, rich or poor, who are a part of the Commonwealth are FULL members. They will not be subject to become a protectorate of ANY other member nation."

Haalstad
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haalstad » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:37 pm

"I quite agree with my colleagues from Osthia and Izzyshipper. I do not believe that we should subjugate our smaller members to other nations. However, your intentions are good, and you have the right to propose an amendment if you wish to do so. If I may, I would like to propose a bill."

Silencing Act 1.1
Explicitly bans the Lord Speaker from silencing any member of the chamber without the consent of the Imperial High Commissioner

Silencing Act 1.2
Bans the High Commissioner from silencing any member of the chamber without the consent of the Lord Speaker.

Silencing Act 1.3
Mandates that a member of the chamber can be silence only if they have presented repeated use of foul language, unwarranted personal attacks on a fellow member, open threats against the Commonwealth, or lewd and inappropriate behavior or actions. Defines "silencing" as a forfeiture of the right to vote or voice opinion for 24 hours.

Silencing Act 1.4
Allows the Lord Speaker or the High Commissioner to Censure a member of the chamber with the consent of the Lord Justice or two other Imperial Officers if the Justice is unavailable. Defines "Censure" as a warning and bars the member from taking an Imperial Office within 48 hours of the Censure

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Dr. Victor and Infanta Diana taslked in hushed tones for minutes. Diana turned to face the cha,ber, her cheeks red. "Dr. Victor and I can not agree on how to vote on this bill, therefore we will not vote at all."

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:44 pm

"If I remember correctly, in the old Commonwealth, the Speaker had the sole authority when it came to silencing. This, however, seems to make it to form a checks and balances system, if you will. Mostly, I agree with this bill, but what if the Speaker or the Commissioner was using foul language? How would they be silenced without their consent?"

Whiskey Hill
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskey Hill » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Foreign Minister D. Petrovic:

We support this measure which has been submitted.

Since our notion about "protectorates" has been misunderstood, and anyway, as we are not committed to the idea, let us cease to debate this.

Have any of our colleagues an idea for how smaller, younger monarchies may fall under our protection without gaining enough power within the League to corrupt it? I find it integral, as the protection of monarchies is the very basis of our League, and the smallest and youngest monarchies, who, without the mass of arms or time for monarchical traditions to penetrate the culture, may perhaps be the most vulnerable, that we find a way to protect them.
Factbook & Embassy Thread

The Imperial Commonwealth League of Crowns-Member

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:59 pm

"As long as they are in the League, Mr. Petrovic," Olga said, "then if they are in a conflict, they will inform us of it, and we will work to protect them wwith force or words. They do not need to become protectorates."

Astralsideria
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astralsideria » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 pm

"My Lords, if I may, I beg leave to put forward an amendment to the Silencing Act, which I think will reduce a certain element of ambiguity in the original text. I have inserted section 1.3, moving the original 1.3 and 1.4 to 1.4 and 1.5, respectively. My amendment, My Lords, allows that, should either the Lord Speaker or the Imperial High Commissioner be in need of silencing, the other may act on their own. I thank My Lords."

Silencing Act 1.1
Explicitly bans the Lord Speaker from silencing any member of the chamber without the consent of the Imperial High Commissioner

Silencing Act 1.2
Bans the High Commissioner from silencing any member of the chamber without the consent of the Lord Speaker.

Silencing Act 1.3
Allows that, should either of the aforesaid officers be in need of silencing, the other may act unilaterally.

Silencing Act 1.4
Mandates that a member of the chamber can be silence only if they have presented repeated use of foul language, unwarranted personal attacks on a fellow member, open threats against the Commonwealth, or lewd and inappropriate behavior or actions. Defines "silencing" as a forfeiture of the right to vote or voice opinion for 24 hours.

Silencing Act 1.5
Allows the Lord Speaker or the High Commissioner to Censure a member of the chamber with the consent of the Lord Justice or two other Imperial Officers if the Justice is unavailable. Defines "Censure" as a warning and bars the member from taking an Imperial Office within 48 hours of the Censure
Vive la Sidéraure • Long live Astralsideria
AMOM's view: http://209.85.48.11/14831/181/emo/terrrrrrrrrize.png
Nobody does it better than Unicef: http://www.unicef.org/
« Quand on me dit, le capitalisme n'aime pas les pauvres, je réponds, c'est vrai, nous voulons en faire des riches. »

Izzyshipper
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 am

"To be honest I see no need for this bill, it has always been the duty of the speaker to regulate the conduct of this chamber, and therefore logically the perogative to silence should belong to the Lord Speaker.

However I would support giving the Commissioner some form of reprimand is the Lord Speaker abused their powers."
Last edited by Izzyshipper on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Female |I use UK Spelling

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 am

Dr. Victor stood and clapped his hands loudly. "Excuse me all, but I believe we are voting on Astralsideria's bill currently. Any talk of protectorates or anything else MUST wait until after the bill is defeated or passed. Please refrain from bringing up other matters other then voting yea or nae on the current bill." Dr. Victor turned to Lady Olga. "And you, your Ladyship, seem to be forgetting the Izzyshipperian bill that was just passed, banning monarchies with a population under 300,000,000. How can we protect them if they are not allowed in the League? I agree with the gentleman from Whiskey Hill, we should create a lower class for members with a population under 300,000,000. But that talk must wait until this bill is passed or defeated."

Silencing Act 1.1

Silencing Act 1.2

Silencing Act 1.3
Allows that, should either of the aforesaid officers be in need of silencing, the other may act unilaterally.

Silencing Act 1.4

Silencing Act 1.5

Astralsideria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Astralsideria » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:47 am

"I thank My Lords for allowing this Bill to be voted upon, but I must transfer the credit for it principally to my noble friend the Lord Bennett, the Ambassador from Haalstad. It is his Bill, My Lords, and I merely sought to address an issue with it raised by my noble friend the Lady Shuipova, the Lord Speaker and Ambassador from Osthia."
« Quand on me dit, le capitalisme n'aime pas les pauvres, je réponds, c'est vrai, nous voulons en faire des riches. »

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 pm

An aide rushed over to Infanta Diana and whispered in her ear, then the Aide ran off. Diana just looked around stunned. Then she started crying. "I'm sorry, my mother is dead. She has been killed in a plane crash just hours ago. As I am heir to the throne I must go back to Banchao. Dr. Victor will take my place as ambassador. Now if you excuse me, I have to go." Diana got up and bowed to her fellow ambassadors. She walked out of the chamber and out towards the Royal Helicopter that was waiting for her.

"Infanta! Over here!" Diana heard someone shout at her before she got on the helicopter. She turned, thinking it was a news-person, but was mistaken. An assassin shot three times into Diana's chest with a Guncrafter Industries Model No. 1 pistol, then he shot the pilot through the window of the helicopter and himself in the temple. The man was Raul Garcia, a former Under-minister from the Spanish Territories. Diana fell down dead, feet from the Royal Helicopter. She lay there, with blood pooling out of her chest, with the man who did it also bleeding feet away. The pilot was slumped over in the cockpit. And they would stay there until someone came out and found them.

Meanwhile, inside, Dr. Victor sat in his seat in awe. He was caught completely off guard by the death of Lilian. He opened his mouth several times, trying to think of something to say but just shut it. Dr. Victor decided to just sit in his seat and wait.
Last edited by Banchao on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astralsideria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Astralsideria » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:03 pm

"My Lords, we have seen before us today an awful thing. I am sure I may speak for all noble lords here present, if I may presume to do so, when I extend my sincere condolences and sympathies to the noble lord, Doctor Victor, on the assassination of his fellow ambassador, Her Highness the Grand Duchess. The First Chancellor, the noble marquess, Lord Marlesgrave; the Foreign Chancellor, the noble viscount, Lord Flint; and the Right Honourable the Chancellor of the Exchequer have all urged me to extend the invitation of any possible aid to the Grand Duchy of Banchao. I thank My Lords."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 pm

"D..Diana is dead? How can that be? I..I don't believe it, first Lilian now Diana." Dr. Victor wiped his eyes on his jacket sleeve and looked around. He was a tough man and did not like to cry in public, but he had no choice now. He had had special feelings towards Diana and now she was gone. Victor decided to suck it up and take it like a man.

OOC: Link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91789
Last edited by Banchao on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Haalstad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haalstad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:16 pm

"I am instituting a temporary recess on the voting of this bill due to the horrid news from Banchao. His Majesty's condolences."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:18 pm

"No!" Dr. Victor shouted "I mean, I object. We must keep going."

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:20 pm

"Normally, I would follow through with a recess, but since the delegation wishes for us to move on, I believe that we shall follow through with Dr. Victor's wishes. Are there any topics that anyone wishes to bring up?" Lady Olga said, praying for the Infanta and Duchess.

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:21 pm

"First I ask if the bill presented has been passed or defeated?"

Astralsideria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Astralsideria » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

"My Lord Speaker, if it is your express wish that the House continue its business, and if it please my lords, I beg permission to re-move that the Bill earlier authored by my noble friend, the Lord Bennett, the Ambassador from Haalstad, and slightly amended by myself now be voted upon."

Silencing Act

Silencing Act 1.1

Silencing Act 1.2

Silencing Act 1.3

Silencing Act 1.4

Silencing Act 1.5

Sorry, the edit was where I'd missed off the end of my sentence...
Last edited by Astralsideria on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haalstad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haalstad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:26 pm

"I agree. If the nation so wishes, we shall continue. I re-open the vote. The voting process will take 48 hrs"

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:28 pm

"I vote for this Silencing Act. It will bring some balance to two of the most powerful offices of the Commonwealth."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:28 pm

"Banchao casts her vote in FAVOR of this bill." Dr. Victor said, as he glanced over a newspaper from Banchao, with the latest details on it.

Nubgyt
Attaché

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nubgyt » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Lord Jacob Black had sat quietly and waited. "Nubgyt votes in favor of the Haalstad Silencing Bill."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:09 pm

OOC: Here is the link to the funeral of Infanta Diana and the Crowning of Arathor I; viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92159

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:23 pm

"My lords and ladies," Lady Olga began. "For the first time in our History of the Commonwealth, a respected nation, Banchao, has been continuosly insulted by the Dictatorship of Russame. Both Banchao and His Majesty, Emperor Arathor, have warned this belligerent to cease his insults and to apologize. He has refused to do so, and may have intentionally referred to the fallen Grand Duchess of Banchao, God rest her soul, a 'Duchass.' In response, Osthia has declared war, and we will not end this war until they see the wrong in their ways. Unfortunately, those ignorant of Russame's actions have declared support for them, and we need your help. We ask that you assist Banchao and Osthia in the Crusade against Russame. But we have reached another dilemna. Should we install a democratic government in Russame, or should we merely attack and withdraw, to show that we are indeed serious? I leave the decision to you, my lords and ladies."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents