NATION

PASSWORD

The Horror Of Arcadia Station (OOC, FT, Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Unified Western States
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

The Horror Of Arcadia Station (OOC, FT, Closed)

Postby Unified Western States » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:58 pm

So, this thread similar in style to my long-dead Terror Station thread. And I know I've tried this before, but it's failed every other time. I'm hoping I can finally get it going this time round.

Anyways, here is a short synopses:

Deep in space, only a few hundred miles from the edge of UWS space, there is a station. A massive, sprawling space-station, orbiting a long-dead planet, which in turn orbits a large blue-giant star. The facility looks like three concentric Stanford Torus rings, connected by spokes to each other. The inner most ring is connected via spokes to a huge central cylinder. This cylinder flares out at each end, then gently curves back towards the center forming a dome shape.

This station is marked only with a name that runs along the outer-most ring: Arcadia. The station has just been sitting quietly at the edge of space, when it suddenly begins transmitting an emergency distress signal. Somebody goes to investigate and when they arrive, something happens so that they can't return to their ship/s (thereby stranding them on the station). And so the investigation begins into what happened to this massive facility. Many secrets will be revealed, but even more questions will be raised.

Now, for the boring old rules:

1. Please note that this is a horror RP, so expect a few of your characters to die. Maybe bring along some generic security guards for the purpose of being fodder.
2. No short 1-liners or godmodding. I much prefer long, detailed posts to "I walked inside and killed them all" type of stuff.
3. For purposes of keeping the RP on track, I'm going to limit this to 2 or 3 people. You'll all be starting in different parts of the station, meeting up quite a bit later.
4. To ensure that this whole scenario isn't made too easy, no huge armadas. You can have 1 or 2 ships maximum stumble upon the station/hear it's call for help
5. Erm...that's it. Nothing else. I'll post any more rules I think of here.
6. Oh, well, have fun.
7. And I promise I'll try to make this a good RP. I'll establish as spooky an atmosphere as I can over the internet.
8. Also, you can sign up here. You don't have to TG me. It's your choice
Last edited by Unified Western States on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fae Omega
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fae Omega » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Sounds neat. I'd need to actually make use of my little ship's passenger accoutrements for once to provide cannon fodder (yer not killin' me main characters!). What are you looking for in a sign-up? Anything that's not answered in either of the factbooks in my sig?
Differences in Fae pronunciation:
Þ/þ - hard 'th' as in 'thing'
| - a 'tsk' sound
J/j - the English 'y' sound as in 'yule'
Ŵ/ŵ - a 'vw' sound, no English equivalent. Like Irish's "an bhuil" (uh vwil)
ʑ/ʒ - a 'zh' sound, like a soft English 'j'; more of a French sound
ʂ/ʃ - 'sh' sound in 'shoot'
Õ/õ - a puff of air carrying a light 'oh' sound
Ũ/ũ - a puff of air carrying a light 'oo' sound
Œ/œ - 'ee' sound in 'seen'
Aþafera - ah·thah·fehr·ah
Virʒiniſ - vihr·zhin·iss
Sabik - sah·bick
Akübenſ - ah·koo·benss
Alnaþ - all·nahth
Alzir - all·zihr
ʂeraþan - sheh·rah·thahn
Sadira - sah·dihr·ah
Þeneb - theh·nehb
Bünþa - boon·thah
Vedik - veh·dick
Mülü - moo·loo
Veſper - vess·pehr
Höſ-Sölſœn - hohss soul·seen

Kelvaros Prime
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kelvaros Prime » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Sounds pretty cool. I'll sign-up!
The Prime Hegemony of Kelvaros Prime
Factbook [WIP] | Class H7

Unified Western States
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Western States » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Sounds good, both of you. I'm gonna cut it off here, since 3 people becomes a bit hard to manage. Two, I can do. I'm gonna get the IC thread up as soon as possible.

Unified Western States
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Western States » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Return to International Incidents