NATION

PASSWORD

Unifying Old Enemies [Earth II]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Unifying Old Enemies [Earth II]

Postby New Rhovanion » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:11 am

City of Seattle - 9:10 am; December 20, 2010

The Mayor's Room, City Hall - 9:10 am

It was a chilly winter morning in the city-state of Seattle. The temperature had dropped to only 3ºC and almost everyone in the city is wearing jackets, but not city mayor Josh Longway. Josh had been waiting for this day all his political life and he wanted to look the best he could be. Today would be the most important day of his life, as well as Seattle's. Today, he would meet with the city mayors of other city-states. They would discuss the unification of all their city-states and the surrounding lands into one unified nation under one flag and leader. Unfortuantely, this would not be as easy as it would seem. Josh knew that Seattle and all these other city-states have been enemies even before his great-grandparents were born. The current status of the entire area is just too fragile to be messed up now and he and all the other mayors knew that. While contemplating on what he was going to say, a loud knock disrupted him.

"Sir, the meeting place has been prepared and the city mayors of Tacoma, Spokane and Portland have arrived.", his secretary Brenda Granger said.

"Give me a few minutes Brenda. I need to finish my speech." Josh replied quite nervously.

"Of course sir. Also you may want to know that the city mayor of Helena will arrive a bit later. The snowstorm in Helena has just disrupted many of the flights out of Helena Regional and his plane cannot take-off until further notice by air traffic control." Brenda said.

"Okay. No problem with that. The city mayors of Billings, Boise and Salem haven't arrived either so we will most likely expect a delay to the meeting." he replied.

"Of course. I will advise the mayors that are currently here then." she replied.

Josh did not get to reply because Brenda had left in quite a hurry. She was always that kind of lady that is always in a hurry even though nothing is urgent. But Josh knew that she is the most trustworthy person in his entire administration that is why she is the secretary. He continued on finishing the last few sentences of his speech, reading the entire paper once after every sentence. He did not want to say something that might provoke the other city mayors into thinking that he is insulting them or their cities. After the last sentence, he read it twice and suddenly thought to himself, "My God, I've been working on this for weeks now, I hope I don't screw this up." Then, he finally stood up from his table, after nearly 6 hours of working on that speech, and dressed in his best clothes. He would wear a black suit that made him look like part-businessman and part-politician. He suddenly remembered what his father used to say about wearing clothes, "Your clothes, like pictures, say a thousand words about you and about what you are going to do." He never really cared about wearing the fines clothes until recently when he was elected as the new city mayor after his father. Finally, after nearly 30 minutes of dressing up and fixing himself, he picked up his speech paper and left the room.

Official Meeting Room, City Hall - 9:45 am

As he was walking to the official Meeting Room in the city hall, he met Brenda.

"Oh, where is the city mayors?"

"Sir, the city mayors are already inside. The mayors of Billings, Boise and Salem have just arrived. Also, the mayor of Portland just went to the bathroom and.....Oh here he is.", she replied suddenly pointing to the direction of the bathroom where the mayor of Portland had just come from.

"Greetings, Mr. Josh Longway. We have not met personally, I am Lance Harold, mayor of Portland. I am very excited about our meeting, I hope you are prepared." he said still fixing his suit after coming from the bathroom.

"I am thrilled to meet you. I hope that whatever we talk about today would be very productive for the sake of all of our city-states." Josh replied.

"Indeed."

"Shall we go in?" Josh asked.

"Of course. Many of us are here, with the exception of the mayor of Helena. That guy is ALWAYS late!"

"Then let us wait for him inside." Josh replied.

There was a hubbub of noise as they entered the brightly-lit room and were going to their respective seats, as mayors whispered to one another. Finally, at exactly 9:50 am, the meeting began with an opening speech from the mayor of Tacoma.

"We are gathered here today to decide upon one very important topic. Unification. As mayors we all have responsibilities over our respective city-states but to further progress we need to act as one. The wars of our ancestors over one another has caused strife and discrimination between our peoples but now, I tell you now, we will be the ones to make that first stepping stone to acting as one nation. All the nations of the world are not progressing because of separated cities but because they are united under a common flag, a common leader, a common goal. Right now, we have the power to either make of ourselves that progressive and productive nation that we all have dreamt or stay as separate cities that fight each other like there is no tomorrow. I hope that whatever we decide on today will be for the greater good of our city-states that are already stagnating and collapsing because of decades of war. Thank you and let us now begin the meeting."

A short applause was given then they immediately started on discussing the terms for unification. A powerpoint presentation was made by Brenda to show the mayors' agenda for that day. First on the list was a collective name for their people. The mayors debated upon different names but Josh's name was the most supported of all, New Rhovanion. It was the most supported of all because of a lake in the middle of all their territories representing unity between all of their city-states. It is named in ancient folklore as "Rovais" or Rhovanion in the English language. Next, on their list was the creation of a Constitution. Luckily, the mayors were one at deciding about a preamble for their Constitution, which is nothing short of a miracle considering their relationships with one another.

PREAMBLE

"We, the People of the cities of Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, Portland, Salem, Billings, Boise and Helena, under the collective term New Rhovanion, in order to form a perfect union between our city-states, establish an equal justice, promote the common good and general welfare, provide for the common defence, and secure the blessings of Liberty, Independence and Democracy to ourselves and our posterity under the rule of law and a regime of truth, justice, freedom, love, equality, and peace, do ordain and promulgate this Constitution."

After the editing of the preamble, the mayor of Helena arrived. Many of the mayors were whispering when he entered. He had a reputation for being late. The mayors finally quieted down and decided that Article I would be all about National Territory. The National Territory was decided to be all of the current occupied lands of all the city-states and at least 20 nautical miles from the shores of Seattle, Tacoma, Portland and Salem. After this, the mayors suddenly got into debates about the next few articles. Here is what they have decided upon:

Article II: The Legislative Branch
Article III: The Executive Branch
Article IV: The Judicial Branch

After they had decided upon the first fours articles in the Constitution, they had a short break. At around 1:00 pm, the mayors returned to the meeting room and continued their meeting.

Article V: The City-States
Article VI: Bill of Rights
Article VII: Citizenship
Article VIII: Suffrage
Article IX: Amendments
Article X: Ratification

After they had finally finished the 10th article at around 4:30 pm, the mayors were very exhausted at the creation of the Constitution that they pleaded that the meeting be continued tomorrow morning. Josh, as the host, agreed and postponed the continuation of the meeting to the next day.
Last edited by New Rhovanion on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:40 am

City of Seattle - 10:00 am; December 21, 2010

Official Meeting Room, City Hall - 10:00 am

As the mayors gather to the entrance of the meeting room, Josh Longway and Lance Harold, mayor of Portland, discussed some things about the next part in their agenda, Creation of the Three Branches of Government.

"Mr. Harold...", Josh said.

"Please call me Lance.", Lance said.

"Lance. Who would you choose to become New Rhovanion's new president?"

"Well, I haven't really thought about that. All of us are eligible right?"

"Yes."

"Well, I don't really know yet. But rest assured, I'll be able to choose before the real voting starts." Lance said in reply.

Their conversation was cut short when Brenda called all the mayors into the meeting room. Once all the mayors were sitting down on their respective chairs, the meeting at once begun at exactly 10:05 am. The Constitution that was drafted yesterday was then presented in its final editing stage for any comments, suggestions or corrections. A few corrections on spelling and grammar were made but that was the worst the editing ever went, no more other suggestions were put forth.

"We shall continue to the voting stages for the three branches, Legislative, Executive and Judicial.", Brenda said.

"Every one in this room is eligible to be voted as part of the 1st Rhovani Congress. Only the mayors are eligible for vote for the position of president and vice president. So, let us start."

The room became quite noisy when the ballots were being handed to the mayors and other staff inside the room but after a few minutes it quieted down. The noise of the pens writing or the people scratching their heads meant that this was taken very seriously. The future of the newly-founded Republic of New Rhovanion will depend upon who they will vote for that day.

2 hours later

"The maintenance staff will now be collecting your ballots. Please make sure they are folded lengthwise.", Brenda announced.

"Thank you for everyone's participation in the very first New Rhovanion elections. We will be having a one hour break so that you may eat your lunch, while we count the ballots and tally the votes."

Everyone suddenly stood up and headed for the door while some stretched. Josh was really nervous, he had voted for Lance to be president of New Rhovanion, he hopes that he made the right choice.

Mayor's Dining Room, City Hall - 12:40 pm

"Did you know that our economy has finally started booming ever since we traded with Billings?", the mayor of Helena said.

"Why, my son plans to be mayor someday but he isn't doing well in his studies.", remarked by the mayor of Boise.

These were the conversations Josh heard that day but he was glad that the mayors, after having been fighting for years, are now good friends. He also hopes that his city, Seattle, has been a good host to them as well while they were here.

"So, Josh. What do you think of the recent spike in the price of fish?", asked the mayor of Spokane.

"I heard that Tacoma and Portland have raised their prices due to the high demand of fish in our cities. I hope that my people don't starve just because of their outrageous prices.", said the mayor of Spokane, laughing.

"Hey don't worry. Once the fisheries in my city start reopening after the winter months. The price of fish will be dragged down.", the mayor of Salem said.

"Let's hope so.", the mayor of Spokane quickly remarked.

Suddenly, Brenda entered the dining room.

"Thank you mayors for your patience. The votes have been counted and tallied. Please return to the meeting room now for the announcement of the winners.", she
announced.

Soon, everyone was crowding to the dining room doors. Luckily, Josh had that enlarged just last month when his brothers and their families came to visit him,
so they all managed to get out without too much of a problem.

Official Meeting Room, City Hall - 1:20 pm

Everyone immediately got into their seats, somewhat excited at what was going to be announced. Almost everybody in the room held their collective breath as Brenda announced the winners, from the judicial branch up to the executive branch.

"For the position of Chief Justice of the Rhovani Supreme Court, Judge Claudius Martinez. Congratulations to Judge Martinez! With him, Judges Larry Rimbolt, Alex Johnson, Vincent Gibson, Ronald Crawford, Henry Hayes, Maria Stephanie Foster, Jimmy Henderson, Timothy Reynolds, Cheryl Rogers, Gerald Cox, Justin Ramirez, Benjamin Little, Melvin Romero and Javier Fernando have all been chosen to be Associate Justices of our Supreme Court. Congratulations to all the winners!", Brenda announced with such proficiency in pronounciation that everyone in the room were dazzled.

There was a loud applause from everyone in the room. Some of the mayors stood up to greet the winners especially Claudius who is now the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of New Rhovanion.

"Let us now continue to the legislative branch of our government.", Brenda announced.

The room was extremely quiet when Brenda announced that the winners for the 1st Rhovanion Congress will now be announced.

"For the House of Representatives, that according to Article II of our Constitution, will be the lower house of the bicameral legislature. All city-states will be given 5 Representatives per city giving our House of Representatives a total of 40 congressmen and women." she announced.

"So, without futher ado, the winners for the seats in the House of Representatives are as follows.
For Seattle:
Mr. James MacMurrow
Mr. Timothy Bishop, chosen as the Speaker of the House
Mr. Patrick Payne
Mr. Roger Greene and
Mrs. Janet Armstrong

For Tacoma:
Mr. Gregory Cunningham
Mr. Arthur Price
Mr. Stephen Long
Mrs. Sharon Simmons and
Mrs. Melissa Powell

For Spokane:
Mr. Reynold Gonzales
Mr. Benjamin Rice
Mr. Roy Holmes
Mr. Dennis Gardner and
Mr. Clayton Powers

For Portland:
Mr. Jeffrey Perez
Mr. Frank Pierce
Mr. Willie Campbell
Mr. Ralph Morgan and
Mr. Lawrence Cook

For Salem:
Mr. Keith Rogers
Mr. Nicholas Reed
Mr. Walter Jennings
Mr. Franklin Smith and
Mrs. Linda Jones

For Billings:
Mr. James Smith
Mr. John Johnson
Mr. Robert Moore
Mr. Michael Wilson and
Mr. Christopher White

For Boise:
Mr. Donald Thompson
Mr. Mark Martin
Mr. William Martinez
Mr. David Hall and
Mrs. Mary Allen

For Helena:
Mr. Matthew Lewis
Mr. Gary Lee
Mr. Raymond Jackson
Mr. Daniel Rodriguez and
Mrs. Maria Karen Murphy

Congratulations to all the winners!", Brenda announced.

Many were ecstatic upon hearing their names called. Almost half of the people in the meeting room eligible for a seat in the House of Representatives were chosen. The mayors once again congratulated their cities' new representatives in the 1st Rhovanion Congress.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will be having a short break. The winners for the seats in the Senate and the executive branch will be announced after the break.", Brenda announced.

Outside, the mayors talked to their newly-elected representatives and some to the new Chief Justice and his Associate Justices.

"Congratulations Judge Martinez! I hope you will truthfully do your job as our Chief Justice.", the mayor of Boise said.

"Of course, sir. I am honored to serve our new country as the first Chief Justice.", Judge Martinez said.

After about 30 minutes of congratulating in the corridors outside the meeting room, Brenda called everybody back into the room.

Official Meeting Room, City Hall - 3:30 pm

"Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats. The announcement of the winners for the seats in Senate will now be announced.", Brenda announced.

"According to Article II of our Constitution, the Senate will be the upper house in Congress. It shall consist of 16 senators, 2 for each city-state. Now, the winners for the seats in the Senate are as follows.
For Seattle:
Mr. Joshua Bell
Mr. Steven Morgan

For Tacoma:
Mr. Brian Cooper
Mr. Ronald Richardson

For Spokane:
Mr. Leroy Morris, also the current mayor of Spokane
Mr. Mario Sanchez

For Portland:
Mr. Miguel Torres
Mr. Clifford Howard

For Salem:
Mr. Alex Peterson
Mr. Tom Gray

For Billings:
Mr. Jim Brooks, also the current mayor of Billings
Mr. Derek Hughes

For Boise:
Mr. Theodore Perry, also the current mayor of Boise
Mr. Oscar Ross

For Helena:
Mr. Greg Bryant
Mr. Maurice Powell

Congratulations to all the winners!", Brenda announced.

The mayors of Spokane, Billings and Boise were astounded at the announcement that they had been chosed to be senators of the 1st Rhovanion Congress. They were immediately congratulated by all the other mayors and the staff they had brought there to the meeting. Soon, however, silence suddenly fell upon the room as Brenda announced the new vice president and president of New Rhovanion.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am honored now to announce our first vice president and president. According the Article III of our Constitution, the executive branch shall consist of the president, vice president and the entire Cabinet to be chosen by the president. Now, without further ado, I present our first vice president, Mr. Lance Harold, mayor of the city-state of Portland.", Brenda announced.

Cheering quickly followed the announcement, the other mayors congratulated Lance for having been chosen as the new vice president of New Rhovanion. Josh walked to Lance to personally congratulate him and wished him good luck in his new position, then he returned to his seat.

"Congratulations, Mr. Harold and may you do your new job as best as your abilities may. Ladies and gentlemen, now, I announce our first president. The voting was tough to say the least. The winner won only by a handful of votes and all the other candidates were following him close behind. But, he is still the leading candidate and has now won the Office of the President of New Rhovanion. So, without further ado, the first president of New Rhovanion is, Mr. Josh Longway. Congratulations!", Brenda said, trying to hide her emotions.

The entire erupted into applause and cheering. The other mayors congratulated him and wished him good luck as well as a promise that they will fully support him as the new president. The last mayor to approach him was none other than the new vice president, Lance.

"Congratulations, Mr. Longway. I mean, 'Mr. President'.", he said laughing to himself.

"I can't believe it...", Josh said, staggering, trying to get his mind to digest everything that just happened.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, the Republic of New Rhovanion has now been fully founded. This meeting is now adjourned.", Brenda announced proudly.

The entire room went up in cheering and applause as the new president, vice president and Congress went out of the room.

Mayor's Dining Room, City Hall - 6:00 pm

Josh had prepared the dining room for the new government of New Rhovanion. He didn't expect that he would eat at the same table he had prepared as part of this new government.

After the dessert was served, Josh discussed the set-up of his Cabinet with the new government.

"Ladies and gentlemen, first things first. I would like to offer a toast to everyone here. I hope that we would all do our very best to help New Rhovanion rise from centuries of fighting.", he said.

"Indeed.", Lance said.

After the toast, the entire government body continued to eat the excellent dessert that was served to them. After about 15 minutes later, Josh once again stood up and now announced his candidates for the different postions in the Cabinet.

"Firstly, I have decided that we will need 11 secretaries for the different positions in the Cabinet. The departments will also be 11.

For the Department of Agriculture and the Environment, I have chosen Mr. Lucas Alexander, also the mayor of Salem, to be the secretary of the DAF.

For the Department of Education or DepEd, I have chosen Mrs. Maria Cicilia Taft as the secretary.

For the Department of Finance or DOF, I have chosen Mr. Harry Washington, also the mayor of Tacoma, as the secretary.

For the Department of Foreign Relations and Affairs, I have chosen Mrs. Mary Carter, to be the secretary of the DFRA.

For the Department of Health and Public Services, I have chosen Dr. Ethan Langley, to be the secretary of the DHPS.

For the Department of the Interior and Local Government or DILG, I have chosen Mr. Mariano Sangley as the secretary.

For the Department of Justice or DOJ, I have chosen our very own Supreme Justice, Judge Claudius Martinez.

For the Department of Labor and Employment, I have chosen Mr. Larry King, to be the secretary of DOLE.

For the Department of National Defense, I have chosen Portland's general, Harry Boyle to be the secretary of the DND.

For the Department of Trade and Industry or DTI, I have chosen Mr. Ivan Adams as secretary.

And lastly, for the Department of Transportation or DepTrans, I have chosen Mr. Nene Polizander, also the mayor of Helena, as secretary.

Any objections or suggestions?", Josh announced.

Everyone nodded which meant that everyone approved of his choices.

"Well then, thank you everyone for being here. You may now return to your respective city-states. To all those you are now part of the government, please return immediately so that we may start working as a unified government. Thank you once again and good evening.", he said.

Everyone left the room, bidding goodbye to Josh. But he knew he would meet all of those people again soon. He looked at his watch then went to bed.

Mayor's Private Quarters, City Hall - 9:00 pm

As he entered the mayor's private quarters in city hall, he went to the table and immediately wrote a letter informing the other nations of the existence of New Rhovanion. He had forgotten to tell this to Mary, the new secretary of the Department of Foreign Relations and Affairs, but he knew that the recognition of this new state is paramount to the future of New Rhovanion. At last after one hour he finished the letter. He read it one more time making sure that all errors will be corrected and no subliminal message might be picked up by the different heads of state. The letter read:

Code: Select all
TO: All the nations of the world

Greetings!

I am Josh Longway, the new president of the newly created republic of New Rhovanion. We have just recently concluded the unification of the city-states here in northwestern North America. We are a presidential constitutional republic, created after nearly 3 centuries of fighting between our city-states. Now, we have finally unified into one nation. As a sign of recognition of the state of New Rhovanion, I would like to personally invite you to the presidential dinner to be held in the city hall of Seattle, now the New Rhovani Presidential Palace, tomorrow at 8 pm, Pacific Standard Time. Thank you and we sincerely hope that you will come.

Sincerely,
Josh Longway, 1st president of the Republic of New Rhovanion.

After proofreading the letter twice, he called for Brenda and gave it to her. When she saw to whom the letter was addressed, she immediately understood and left the room. Josh then went to bed.

Later that night, he was lying on his bed trying to get some sleep. He finally concluded that he wasn't sleepy yet so instead he tried to think of everything that had happened throughout the day. He didn't mind being the new president of a young nation but he also knew that some of the other mayors are better than him and have more experience. He hopes that he would make the right choices so that this newly-unified nation will not wither and stagnate. Although not a very religious guy, he got out of bed and kneeled in front of the altar that his father had when he was mayor. Josh had made a promise that he would not remove this altar when he his mayor, and he doesn't regret making that promise. He prayed to God to give him wisdom and strength, then he got the small Bible on top of the altar and turned to 1 Kings, the reign of King Solomon. He read for nearly 2 hours when finally he was tired enough to get some sleep. At around 1:00 am, he finally got some sleep.
Last edited by New Rhovanion on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dante Peak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dante Peak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:43 am

TO:The Republic of New Rhovanion

FROM:Shaun Sinclair, President of the United States of Dante Peak

ENCRYPTION: Medium

It is with great pleasure that I, on behalf of the United States of Dante Peak, do hereby confer full diplomatic recognition on the The Republic of New Rhovanion, and congratulate your ability to bring such warring states together under one democratic banner, truely a remarkable acheivement, one which your people should be proud off.

I would also like to invite you to establish an Embassy in the United States, and that you permit a US Embassy to be established in your Capital City, and accept your invitation to your State Dinner.

I look forward to discussing these matters, and others, with you and your staff tomorrow.

Yours Sincierly
Shaun Sinclair
President of the United States

Air Force One
VC-30
En-Route to The Republic of New Rhovanion
December 22nd, 1830 Hrs

The trip had been a long one, nearly beyond the range of the VC-30, which would obviously require re-fueling when it arrived in New Rhovanion. Never the less, President Sinclair was still in a good mood, after all he enjoyed flying and particually onboard Air Force One. It seemed to always give him a sense of energy and he tended to get a great deal of work done whilst flying on the Presidential Aircraft. Needless to say, few else in the Presidential Airlift Wing were feeling as energised as their President. They had had very little time to arrange the neccisery flight plans, which took the Presidential Aircraft over as few other nations as possible, but it was never the less unavoidable that they had crossed into some other peoples airspace, being a diplomatic plane however, carrying the President of the United States no less, there had been no problems.

Sinclair knew that a C-17 had been sent ahead, and had required several refueling stops, all of which had been arranged very quickly before hand, the C-17 in question was carrying the Presidential Cadilac, as well as two Secret Service cruisers for the ad hoc motorcade. Under normal circumstances there would have been much more lead-time allowing for better arrangements to be made, never the less Sinclair was proud of his staff, not to mention the hundreds of Military Personnel involved in the operation who had made it possible.

As he felt the aircraft begin it's descent as it began to head towards the airport in question, Sinclair put the final touches to his suit and headed up onto the flight deck, a habit he had picked up, arriving just in time.

"...Tower this is United States Air Force One, request landing clearence"

Special Agent Williem Owen enjoyed his Job. He was the Agent in Charge of the Presidents Secret Service detail, a highly prestigious assignment, and he was one of the most senior agents in the Service. So it was that he stood a few steps away from the President as Air Force One touched down. Sinclair seemed happy enough, exactly how after hours of flight time illuded Owen, but never the less he had a job to do and he intended to do it. By the time the aircraft had been taxied to the area that had been designated for it, and sealed off by the Secret Service a few hours before hand, Owen followed close behind as the President stepped off the plane and down the steps towards the waiting Cadillac.

Soon enough the Presidential Motorcade had departed and was on it's way to it's destination.

The trip from the airport to the destination was uneventful, and they arrived in good time. Sinclair waited in the vehicle for a few moments as the secret service agents carried out their routine checks before allowing him to depart. After that they moved into their normal postions that were designed to be as unintrusive to the President and their hosts, whilst still allowing them to protect their President, if the need arose. Indeed, to an untrained observer the only indicators that they were Secret Service would be their Iconic Sunglasses, which would be removed inside, their communications earpieces, and obviously their badge on their belt, not to mention the P229's that could occasionally be seen under their Suits.

Sinclair looked around, wondering if there would be a greeter of some sort.
Last edited by Dante Peak on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
MT
The United States of Dante's Peak

FT
The Twelve Colonies of Kobol

Factbook: WIP

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

URBOV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:41 am

To:The Republic of New Rhovanion
Encryption Level: 3

The Russian Federation applauds your rise from Anarchy and Chaos. As such full diplomatic recognition is bestowed upon the Republic as well as the freedom to trade within the Federation and it's dependencies. We are also happy to annouce that two representatives of the Federation will be present at this dinner.

The Russian Federation had long been monitoring the progress of the Northwester City States of North America. Covert FSB Operatives had for years been sending reports back to Volgograd on the sitaution as well as the areas relevance in relation to the Empire of Layarteb. The Empire while not an official enemy of the Russian Federation was a mighty beast to be watched and any move by the Empire to secure the Western Half of North America was among the most worrying contingencies that the Federation had drawn up. It can as a surprise to find that the local had in a relatively short time overcome centuries of conflict to unify.

While this was good for the Russian Federation in terms of the increase in stability and a chance for new Foreign Relations work, it was also bad as it meant that the five FSB Forward Observation Posts would have to move either south into New Mexico or farther west near the Empire itself. Never the less, the Russians were geniunley glad there was another Soverign nation on the North American Continent, and at once replied to the Communique which arrived in Volgograd just minutes after the warning of it from the FSB men.

The Duma hosted an emergency meeting where they officially charged the Foreign Office to write a response. They then (with President Siloviki's backing) elected Diplomat Vitya Gennady Moisey Wolodymyr to be the Cheif Russian Representative at this meeting. The President would saly be unable to attend at all due to the recent situation with the Cottish that (despite being twenty days old at this point) demanded his full attention.

Preparations were made and Vitya was to be flown in via Ministry of Transport Jet. The sleek craft carried Vitya and the Military Representative, Colonel John Marshall, a former Major in the Empire of Layarteb and Commander of the "International" Guards Infantry Division. He was a well educated man and on his better days would be the equal of Vityah in the diplomatic field. Today however he was to talk of military matters and use the "Old Soldier" sterotype to possibly win some friends amongst the New Rhovanion military if any were in attendance.

The possiblitiy that he may run into some of his former countrymen was also a reason why he had volunteered for this assignment and why the Government had commissioned him to it. The Russian Federation wanted the Layartebians to know that one of their own was a commander of an elite Russian Division. His chest full of metals for his actions in the first Siberian Campaign as well as his profound mustache would do much to convey the "Noble officer" image that the Federation wanted it to.

Above all else it was determined that the Russians should seem to be noble, the ideals of Liberty, Egality, and Socialism may have been swept under the rug for now but in the long run Noble image would help just as must as idealism.

The two Russians set down at the airstrip outside of the city and were driven to the meeting location. Stepping out they simply stood outside waiting for someone and resolved that if no one came within ten minutes they would enter the building.

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Official Statement

It is with a profound sense of joy that His Majesty's Government bestows formal diplomatic recognition upon the Republic of New Rhovanion. His Majesty's Government has observed the Rhovanion in-fighting with concern for some time now, and is elated that the Rhovanion people have chosen to settle their differences peacefully and amicably.

Despite the short notice, His Majesty's Government will be represented in Seattle by His Majesty's Envoy to the Empire of Layarteb. While we wish to be able to send a more suitable representative, due to the short notice and commitments elsewhere by more senior members of His Majesty's Council, His Majesty's Envoy to the Empire of Layarteb will have to suffice.

Sincerely,

Terje Hole
Chancellor of the Realm of Cotland

December 22, 2010
Seattle

In the early afternoon local time, a Royal Cottish Air Force C-33A Swan diplomatic transport aircraft touched down at Seattle's airport and taxied to the designated tarmac space. After a brief reception by some Rhovanion mid-level diplomatic official, His Majesty's Envoy to the Empire of Layarteb, or in more informal terms, the Cottish Ambassador to Layarteb, got into the waiting sedan (rented from the local car rental firm) and was driven to the Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Seattle. The Ambassador travelled light, having with him only two (heavily armed) bodyguards from the Cottish Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Diplomatic Protection Service and his personal aide.

As the small entourage was shown around the ninth-floor One-Bedroom Suite at the Four Seasons, the Ambassador once again cursed the minimal time that was given for this little diplomatic get-together. As a professional diplomat, stationed in what was considered the best posting in the Cottish diplomatic community -- Layarteb City -- he was used to having plenty of time to plan events and happenings, with "hasty planning" meaning three weeks or more. Since he had been given less than twelve hours of advance warning and been forced to take a crash-course on New Rhovanion on the five-hour plane ride over here, the Ambassador was understandably miffed. Even more so when one considered the loose instructions Oslo had given him: "Make friends with the New Rhovanions."

When the appointed hour neared, the Ambassador suited himself up in an expensive striped black suit with a black shirt and tie, upon which were affixed the Ambassador's awarded orders, such as his Star of the Order of the Cottish Lion on the right-hand side of the expensive silk suit jacket. Suited up with a dark fur coat (it was, after all, winter), and a black rabbit-fur ushanka, the Ambassador leaned himself on the expensive cane the elderly gentleman needed to support himself (due to a pains in a rather nasty legwound inflicted during his youth years in the military where he was wounded by artillery shrapnel) and made his way to the waiting rented sedan, driven by one of the bodyguards.

Once at the city hall-turned-Presidental Palace, the Ambassador made his way up the rather steep steps up to the "Palace" and, upon presenting his credentials, was led inside. Following immediately behind him was the aide, also dressed impeccably, and the two bodyguards, who looked rather misplaced among the diplomatic and political groupings. Both were rather tall and burly fellows, with short-cropped blonde hair or totally shaved heads, sunglasses that concealed their eyes, and expensive-looking suits with unbuttoned jackets. They were clearly not someone to be messed with.

The Ambassador, accustomed to having the two bodyguards around him, let the aide dispose of the fur coat and ushanka, got hold of some alcohol ("Twelve-year old Scotch, on the rocks if you please."), and waited for someone official-looking to approach him.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:14 pm

December 22, 2010 - 01:00 hrs [UTC-5]
Fortress of Comhghall, Governors Island

The Emperor was still awake, not that he ever slept, and looked out through the closed, locked windows of his office, towards the bright but cold Manhattan skyline. Winter's fury and wrath had set in over Layarteb City early and the temperature had rarely been above freezing since Thanksgiving. The black, choppy water between him and the tall skyscrapers of Manhattan acted as distorted mirror for the moonlight above. Only twenty-four hours earlier, the moon had gone into the beginnings of a rare, Solstice eclipse. To the Layartebian Pagan Rite, it was a ceremonious time and their holiest of days that there was also an eclipse was seen as a blessing from Luna herself. For the Layartebian Pagan Rite, a lunar eclipse had a deep meaning. It was seen as a blessing from lunar and the passage from light to dark to light was seen as Luna's giving of forgiveness over the sins and indiscretions of mankind. That it should fall on Solstice meant a level of forgiveness that could not be surpassed. However, when the eclipse reached totality at 03:17 hours, the moon was no clear and bright but a deep red. Had it been blue, it would have been seen as the ushering of a thousand years of peace, forgiveness, and blessing. However, being red, the color of blood, it was seen as the total opposite. Celebrations and ceremonies took on a dark, somber note as Luna cast the world into redness. The blessing was suddenly no more.

Even the irreligious amongst the Layartebian Pagan Rite felt a sense of foreboding. Luna wasn't offering any blessing or forgiveness to the people of Earth and neither was she going to guide them through the foreseeable future. It was evident that Luna was angry with mankind and great peril and struggle awaited not just the Empire but also the entire planet. Scientists had a perfectly reasonable explanation for it and the majority saw the truth in it but that was still unsettling. It wasn't just a coincidence to them; it was a certain message from Luna herself. The Emperor was already sick of hearing the naysayers and doomsday prophesiers and there were plenty of them to go around. He dismissed it as hoopla and though he made no public statement to the regard, as he believed strongly in the separation of religion and state, he knew that the people of the Empire were, by and large, worried. That would make them illogical and irrational. Their confidence took a hit and while some locked themselves in their basements and prayed the ancient rituals and texts to Luna and her entire pantheon of gods and goddesses, most went about their daily lives.

The Emperor had watched the eclipse from the warmth and comfort of his office with his long-time, female companion, who, for lack of a better word, could simply be called his girlfriend. They weren't married and she was hidden from public spotlight but the two of them had been together since the final days of the Republic. Her name was Rachel Wilson but her name always had the title "Dr." added to it as she had a doctorate degree in paranormal research. It was an unusual field of study, especially within the Empire and her research and work didn't involve finding ghosts or spiritual entities. She didn't believe in psychic readings or astrology but rather studied a great deal of mysticism, the occult, and psionics. She was the lead researcher of the Empire's Ministry of Paranormal Studies, which wasn't something the public knew existed. Small, hidden, sheltered, and highly classified, the Ministry of Paranormal Studies was organized within the Ministry of Education. It was such an important secret that not even the Empire's closest allies in the October Alliance knew it existed and that was by complete intention. All the public knew of Dr. Wilson was that she was often seen at the side of the Emperor at various public galas and that she was an academic researcher who had once been a professor of theology at the University of Layarteb at Layarteb City. That was how she wanted; that was how the Emperor wanted it.

They had held a long, deep, and extremely intellectual conversation while the eclipse turned through its various phases. She explained the implications of a red-mooned eclipse and told him what she expected the reaction of the public to be and she had hit the nail right on the head. She could have been a better advisor on the matter then most of his staff but, then again, it was her life's work. "I'll have a whole new audience to work with now," she comically remarked at one point. "Six hundred and eighty million people just panicked." She said, referring to the approximate population of the Layartebian Pagan Rite. Regardless, the eclipse was an amazing sight and it gave the five hundred and seventy-seven million Roman Catholics and Christians in the Empire a reason to joke and laugh at their pagan counterparts. Despite the severity of the omen to the Layartebian Pagan Rite, humor eventually prevailed in the country's many media outlets. Comics in newspapers depicted Jesus and Luna laughing at the people of the world, a Pagan converting to Catholicism to avoid Luna's wrath, and just about everything else. There was no political correctness nonsense in the Empire and that was for good reason.

Now he stood in the same spot, alone, watching a garbage barge and a police craft play a game of chicken in the Upper New York Bay. Of course, they weren't really playing chicken and the police craft passed a good twenty feet in front of barge but, for a few moments, while the two vessels converged, it appeared that way. Sipping the last of his current bottle of scotch out of a frequently used glass, the Emperor closed his eyes just to enjoy the moment of solitude and solace before him. Unfortunately, as always happened in such a situation, his phone began to ring, incessantly too. A moment of peace, enjoyable at the very least. He thought to himself, remembering a line from a poem written a thousand years earlier. "Yes," he answered his phone, eyeing the caller ID first. It was the personal, private line of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, who was home and calling from his bedroom.

"Sir, we've just received a communiqué from Seattle. Apparently, the city-states of Washington, Oregon, Montana, and Idaho have finally organized into something tangible, a constitutional republic."

"How I do appreciate democracy near our borders. This is worth the disturbance. What have they stated?"

"It is from their president sir, Josh Longway and they call themselves the Republic of New Rhovanion. They have invited us and the world to a state dinner this evening at 20:00 hours, Pacific Standard Time."
The Emperor smirked, knowing that it would be the Minister of Foreign Affairs who would attend. The Empire's rules when it came to diplomatic exchanges between countries for the first time were very rigid and allowed no room for play. First, the Empire always went to the other country as a courtesy and the Minister of Foreign Affairs or Vice Minister went. The Emperor never went for the introduction. If all went well, the country would be invited to open an embassy in Layarteb City and the Emperor would meet with their respective ambassador at the Fortress of Comhghall for a private dinner cooked in their honor. Afterwards, either the Emperor would visit the country or they would visit the Emperor in Layarteb City, which was usually how it went, as they would be invited in a game of quid pro quo. Of course, all of these formalities still required the Emperor's verbal or written approval.

"You know I will grant my approval for this and I would like to show them that the Empire is grateful for their presence. For too long that region has gone unsettled and corrupted. It's about time some semblance of cohesion existed there. The Empire supports democracies. It always has and it always will. Trade, travel, the whole drill. If these four states can unify then the whole region to our west can unify and if they unify and become one, coherent element, stability will befall this continent. The Empire has reached its limits in the west and we will not push any further."

The call ended shortly thereafter and the Minister of Foreign Affairs cabled his reply and began to make arrangements to travel to Seattle. He, his wife, and his aides would travel via air force VC-33A Swan to Seattle. They would request a meeting the day after the state dinner to formalize the Empire's recognition and begin the offerings of trade, travel, and friendship.

Official Communique

Priority: High
Recipient: President Josh Longway, Republic of New Rhovanion
Origin: Empire of Layarteb, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Classification Level: Secure
Subject: Recognition

Unity!

The Empire is forever grateful to see that peace and logic has prevailed in the western regions of this great continent. For too long, violence has ravished the western lands of this great continent and cast a doubtful and bleak future. From the ashes arises your nation, a constitutional republic, a beacon of freedom, liberty, and perseverance. It shall be an example for the other lands and peoples.

We offer our hand in everlasting friendship and wish to bestow official, diplomatic recognition upon you, your government, and your people. We hope to exchange embassies in the immediate future, to trade as equals, and to receive your citizens into our borders as tourists and business partners.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall be attending your state dinner in honor of this auspicious occasion. It is our hope that you will offer us the opportunity to have a formal, face-to-face meeting between yourself and myself on the morning of December 23 at a location of your comfort and choosing.

Sincerely,
The Minister of Foreign Affairs

Classification Levels

Standard: Standard classification is the normal level of encryption. It uses 512-bit RSA encryption methods and has several key ciphers that change unpredictably.

Confidential: Confidential classification uses 1024-bit RSA encryption and several key ciphers within them that change unpredictably to ensure that message traffic is not hacked or decoded. Access to said messages would require heavy cracking software and significant resources but it is not "uncrackable."

Secure: Secure communiques use 2048-bit RSA encryption and multiple key ciphers within it to ensure that cracking it would take such a significant amount of time to accomplish that, should it be done, the message's usefulness would have already expired. Though anything is crackable, because of the methods employed, this level is often considered "uncrackable" by current capabilities. To ensure revolving protecting, ciphers and encryption algorithms will change unpredictably. This level is sufficient until 2030.

Encrypted: Encrypted classification uses 3072-bit RSA encryption and multiple key ciphers that change unpredictably. It can provide protection past 2030.

Maximum: Maximum classification is the highest level of classification available. It uses 15360-bit RSA encryption and multiple key ciphers that change unpredictably. It was previously experimental but now is recognized as maximum.

At around 14:00 hours, at Layarteb City International Airport in Jamaica, Queens, all outbound and inbound traffic was momentarily suspended as a trio of aircraft taxied to the end of runway 31R. In the lead was a pair of F-57A Wraith air superiority fighters. Inside their internal side and fuselage bays were a pair of AIM-204B Escape dogfight missiles and six AIM-221A Gryphon long-range air to air missiles. Hanging from their two, inner wing pylons were a pair of large, six hundred gallon, external drop tanks and that was all they carried. They were light and relatively clean and that gave them a rather large range although, they would still refuel mid-air over Wisconsin. They leapt into the air first, barreling down the runway without afterburners, taking off in formation. Behind them, the VC-33A Swan carrying the Minister of Foreign Affairs, his wife, three aides, and four bodyguards, lifted into the skies and air traffic resumed at Layarteb City International Airport.

It was going to be a six hour flight to Seattle, where all three would land at Seattle's main, public airport. A section had been requested for the parking of all three aircraft plus a fourth, which would be arriving two hours before the rest. That fourth aircraft, which was really the first, was a C-5M Galaxy carrying six vehicles, two mechanics, six more bodyguards, and a squad of military police. The vehicles would be used to ferry the Minister of Foreign Affairs, his wife, and his aides around Seattle. Only three would be used though, the other three serving as backups should something go wrong, mechanically, with one of the vehicles. They brought with them all of the fuel they would need and anything else to repair and service the vehicles in Seattle without burdening the local population. Of course, any major repairs would be done back at home, and a substitute vehicle would be used. The military police would guard all four aircraft at the airport along with their respective pilots. The bodyguards would remain with the aides, Minister, and his wife at all times. Having already blocked off two suites side-by-side in Seattle's best and most illustrious hotel, the only thing that remained was their arrival, which was done on schedule. Three Suburbans, blacked-out, modified, and lightly armored, were used to transport them and their small amount of luggage to the hotel with time to spare.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Mount Kip
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Kip » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Date: 22 Decembre 2010 14h04 [UTC+1]
À: Republic of New Rhovanion
De: Président Antoine Morizet, La Republique Parisiane (Republic of Parisia)
Sujet: Reconnaissance Diplomatique
Chiffrement: |Rien|Basse|<Médium>|Haute|

The Republic of Parisia commends the new formation of the Republican Government in New Rhovanion. Parisia hereby fully recognizes the Republic of New Rhovanion as a legitimate government, and we wish to form strong ties with your nation. The Republic of Parisia hopes we can establish embassies and increase trade between our countries. Our Minister of Foreign Affaires, Monsieur Henri Lacroix, will gladly attend your dinner party in the New Rhovanion capital of Seattle.

Signé,
Le Président de la Republique Parisiane

The Republic of Parisia had nothing of particular interest in the North American-Northwest, but it is typical custom for nations to bestow diplomatic recognition to newly formed nations. Besides, it always good to have allies thought Monsieur Henri Lacroix, the Parisian Minister of Foreign Affaires, aboard his personal Dassault Falcon 7X somewhere about 10,000 feet above New Rhovanion on approach into Seattle–Tacoma International Airport. Henri was rather annoyed with his orders from the very enthusiastic President Morizet to attend this state dinner, but would do his job no matter what his opinions were.

An hour later, Lacroix climbed out of his private town car, and took the long walk up to the front doors of the Seattle City Hall which were flanked by security officers. Henri went through the security check with ease, adjusted his tie, and strolled into the Dining Room.
La République Parisienne
Président Paul Maginot
₱1.00 = $1.79
"Dieu Avec Nous"

|Earth II|Factbook|
Economic Left/Right: 7.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.00
One Big Ass Mistake America

Edvardus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Edvardus » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:00 pm

2010 December 23 - 13:02 [Central Standard Time]
Hong Kong City, Republic of Sinae

President Marino walks onto the balcony of his estate overlooking the harbour after he finishes lunch with his family. The Marino clan is expected to all arrive by this time tomorrow for Christmas, the first Christmas since he was elected President of all of Sinae. Despite it being only two days before Christmas, the harbour is bustling with maritime traffic as usual. The haze hides some of the skyscraping skyline, but the warmth of this December day without the suffocating humidity of the summer is the reason why he always finds refuge here at home this time of year.

His wife slides open the full-length glass door and joins her husband outdoors. She hands him a piece of paper.

"What's this?" he asks curiously.

"Fax from the office," she replies forgivingly. All employees of the central government went home yesterday afternoon, if not earlier. However as President, Joseph cannot take a break even when he is at home.

Joseph reads the message from New Rhovanion about the dinner at 8pm Pacific Time on the 23rd. He looks at his watch. If he were to attend the dinner, he would need to be on a plane in half an hour.

Publicum Nuntium de Republica Sinae
華夏民國官方公報

To: Josh Longway, President of the Republic of New Rhovanion
From: The Office of the President of the Republic of Sinae
Subject: Presidential Dinner Invitation

President Marino has received your invitation to dinner at the Presidential Palace tomorrow night. Unfortunately, he is currently spending time with his family for Christmas and will not be performing any official duties until the end of Christmas on January 10. Minister of Foreign Affairs Philippe Ricard has also just returned from a trip abroad and will also be taking time this season to be with family. However, the President will be in contact with your government regarding future diplomatic and economic relations when the government reconvenes in January.

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 am

City of Seattle - 6:00 am; December 22, 2010

Mayor's Dining Room (now the Presidential Dining Room), New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 6:00 am

The new president had woken up earlier than expected. Although he was still tired from yesterday's meeting, he was refreshed enough to supervise the preparations being made in the Presidential Dining Room, which was to be used for the state dinner that night. While he was ordering one of the maintenance workers, Brenda entered the room.

"Sir, it's Vincent Reagan, the one you told to wait for the vice president and the Cabinet to arrive? He's on line 3.", she said whispering into his ear.

"Thank you Brenda. Could you also tell the designers working on the corridor outside to make sure that they install the new lamps to create more ambience along the corridor? Thanks.", he replied.

"Of course, sir."

Josh walked up to the newly-installed telephone in the corner of the gigantic room. As he pressed the button that says 'Line 3', he lifted the phone, finding it quite heavy.

"Yes, Vincent?", he asked.

"Mr. President, the vice president and your Cabinet have just arrived here at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. We will be moving soon.", said a man with such a deep voice you can barely make out if he is angry or not.

"Okay, thank you Vincent.", Josh replied.

"My pleasure, sir."

Josh hanged up then went back to where he was standing just 10 minutes ago.

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport - 6:15 am

Vincent was escorting the vice president and the Cabinet to the four black sedans at the end of the tarmac, when one of the snipers on the control tower radioed in.

"Sir, bogey moving towards Falcon. I repeat, bogey moving towards Falcon.", the sniper said.

"Roger that.", Vincent replied suddenly looking left and right, trying to spot the person.

He spotted him, relieved to see it was just the flight attendant handing a cellphone to him.

"Sorry, I scared you guys. But the vice president dropped his cellphone near his chair.", she said quite nervously.

"Okay, thank you ma'am.", Vincent replied.

Then Vincent radioed in, "Bogey is just the FA. I repeat, bogey is just the FA. Stand down all positions."

"Alpha One, roger."

"Alpha Two, roger."

"Bravo One, roger."

"Bravo Two, roger that."

"Sniper Zulu, roger that."

Then Vincent continued to escort the vice president and the Cabinet to the black sedans, when Lance Harold, the vice president, asked him.

"What was that all about?"

"Oh, the flight attendant found your cellphone on the plane.", Vincent replied while handing the brand new iPhone 4 to the vice president.

"Thank you.", Lance replied.

Presidential Dining Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 8:00 am

After the designers and maintenance workers left the dining room, Josh sat at the nearest chair to the door while drinking a cup of coffee, waiting for his Cabinet and the vice president, when Brenda, with Vincent, entered the now quiet room.

"Sir, the vice president and your Cabinet have just arrived.", Brenda said.

"Take them to the official meeting room, I will meet them there.", he replied.

"Of course, sir.", Vincent suddenly remarked.

Then both Brenda and Vincent left the room, leaving Josh with his cup of coffee.

Official Meeting Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 8:10 am

While the vice president and Cabinet were seated, Josh stood up and made sure everything was ready for tonight's presidential dinner.

"So, first we have to talk about the protection of the international delegates. General Boyle, what is the current status of the Presidential Security Group (PSG)?"

"The PSG are already positioned at the airport, disguised as civilians while we've positoned snipers on the control tower.", the general replied.

"Good. Mrs. Carter, have we received any telegrams about the coming delegations?"

"Yes, Mr. President. The United States of Dante Peak, the Russian Federation, the Realm of Cotland, the Empire of Layarteb, and the Republic of Parisia will be sending delegations, but I fear that only one of the heads of state will be joining us because of the short notice.", she replied.

"Also, the Republic of Sinae sent a telegram telling us that they will not be able to send any representatives because it is the Christmas season and their government is currently on a holiday.", she added.

"I don't have problems about that. Anyway, it is my fault why it was only announced yesterday. Mr. Sangley, have the mayors been informed? I would like them to come to the state dinner, to introduce them to the international community."

"Yes, sir. Ever since Brenda advised us about the dinner last night, all the mayors will be coming to the state dinner.", Mariano replied.

"Very good. So, is everything set? Do I need to know of any other issue?", Josh asked.

There were shaking heads throughout the room, signaling Josh that there were no more problems and issues that he needs to take care of.

"Well then, all of you please prepare for the dinner. All the rooms upstairs have been prepared for the use of everyone in this room. I'm afraid though that the construction of the department buildings will not be finsihed until 2020, so I have decided to rent some units and apartments throughout Seattle to house the departments temporarily. With that, this meeting is now adjourned.", Josh announced.

The secretaries then walked out of the room but Josh asked Lance to stay.

"Lance, you know that I am president but I don't think that I am capable to do that. International delegations will be coming to recognize our new nation but I am afraid that I will make a fool of myself and embarass the country.", Josh said nervously.

"Do not worry, my friend. I am also scared, but if we work together, we would be able to go through this.", Lance replied.

Josh's face brightened, then he told Lance to prepare for the dinner. Lance then left, leaving Josh alone in the room.

Mayor's Private Quarters (now the Presidential Bedroom), New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 7:30 pm

As Josh was preparing for dinner which was only half an hour away, the phone rang while he was fixing his tie which made him slip and accidentally untie the knot which he had been trying to fix for over 15 minutes now. Cursing, he picked it up waiting for someone on the other line to answer.

"Sir, the president of Dante Peak has just arrived and is waiting outside.", Brenda said.

"Okay, I will be right outside in a minute.", he replied trying to hide his anger.

New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 7:40 pm

About 10 minutes later, Josh went outside to greet his very important guests. He was surprised to find Vincent and Brenda also outside already discussing some things with the president. After some short conversations with him, Josh invited them into the presidential palace and into the dining room. He then asked Vincent to bring the president and his companions to their chairs then whispered to Brenda, "Get our guests some drinks, I will just fix this damn tie." Brenda nodded then headed to the kitchen, while Josh headed to the bathroom to fix the knot of his tie.

Ground Floor Bathroom, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 7:50 pm

As he was about to finish the knot he had finally made, a loud knocking came from outside the bathroom.

"Come in!", Josh said.

A man in a black suit came in, it was of course Vincent.

"Sir, the delegates of the empire of Layateb, the realm of Cotland and the Russian Federation have just arrived.", he said.

"Okay, I'm done. So, how do I look?", Josh asked.

"You look fine sir. Dashing, I that.", Vincent replied, grinning.

"Well then, let's go out to greet them shall we?", Josh replied.

Outside the Presidential Palace - 8:00 pm

Outside, the delegates of these three nations were waiting. The PSG were also there to guard the delegates along with the delegations' own security aides. Josh went down the steps to greet the new arrivals, starting with the minister of foreign affairs, for he was the well-known of the three being the minister to their huge neighbor, Layarteb. Then he went to the person with the fur coat and ushanka who was actually the ambassador of Cotland to Layarteb. Last, he approached the two men in Russian outfit, one was the diplomat, Vitya Gennady Moisey Wolodymyr while behind him, a Layarteb-looking fellow, was Colonel John Marshall. After greeting them, he asked them inside into the palace and then into the dining room. They were then seated down by Vincent while Brenda asked them what they would like. She listed them down, like a waitress in a restaurant (but of course she wasn't offended by her role tonight), a twelve year old Scotch, some wine and champagne. As Josh was talking with the newly-arrived delegations, a man from the PSG, named Robert, entered the room and approached Vincent.

"Sir Vincent, the Parisia delegations have just arrived and are inside the palace.", he said whispering.

"Okay, thank you Robert. Go back to your position now.", Vincent replied.

"Of course sir.", he replied, saluting to his senior officer.

Vincent then approached Josh and told him about the arrival of the Parisian delegations. Josh then excused himself from the Layarteb delegation who he was just talking to then went out of the dining room.

Along the ground floor corridor, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 8:05 pm

Josh welcomed the last of the delegations, then invited them inside the dining room. Josh noted to himself that the Parisia delegation had minister of foreign affairs, Henri Lacroix.

Presidential Dining Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 8:10 pm

Finally, all the international delegations that said they could make it have arrived. So, Josh went to the podium and welcomed his guests.

"On behalf of the newly-established Republic of New Rhovanion, we would like to welcome you all to our nation. Now, I understand that we have contacted all of you on short notice and I would like to apologize for that but I fear that if I will not hold this state dinner as early as is possible then the international community might not recognize the nation.", Josh announced trying to refrain from saying the pronoun "my".

"Therefore, we thank you and your nations for bringing your delegations here to the nation of New Rhovanion. Now, I would like to introduce to you the vice president who was also the mayor of Portland until recently, Mr. Lance Harold.", Josh announced pointing to Lance sitting just a feet from the podium.

An applause was given, but only for a few seconds.

"I would also like to introduce to you the mayors of the other cities that have been incorporated into New Rhovanion. First, the mayor of Tacoma, Mr. Harry Washington.", Josh announced.

Again a very short applause was given, making Josh think if that was in respect or just for show.

"Second, the mayor of Spokane, Mr. Leroy Morris.", Josh announced.

Now, the room was quiet which made Josh and Mr. Morris embarassed. Josh then told himself, "You need to tell them all then they would applause again.", which made him a bit confident again.

"Third, is the mayor of Salem, Mr. Lucas Alexander. Fourth, the mayor of Boise, Mr. Theodore Perry. Fifth is the mayor of Billings, Mr. Jim Brooks. Lastly, the mayor of Helena, Mr. Nene Polizander.", Josh announced.

Finally, everyone applauded which made Josh confident to continue his speech.

"Now I would also like to introduce the Armed Forces of New Rhovanion's new chief, General Harry Boyle. Also, beside him is the Foreign Relations and Affairs secretary, Mrs. Mary Carter.", Josh announced.

A short applause was again heard but Josh did not mind this anymore. He was starting to get used to the international political atmosphere.

"Unfortunately, the other members of my Cabinet are not available at the moment because of some issues that need to be taken care of around the country, as you may know we are still quite unstable.", Josh announced quite sadly.

The delegates whispered to their neighbor delegates about this but after a while, Josh managed to quiet them down although not in a disrespectful manner.

"I will make this speech as short as possible so that we may not be kept here all night, for I believe most of us here need to return to our respective jobs soon.", Josh announced trying to pray it would not insult the delegates.

There was no reply from the audience in front of him so he continued.

"I have heard that many of your nations would like an embassy within our nation. Unfortunately, the city of Seattle, my city, is not yet ready to accept diplomatic missions because we are currently at the rebuilding stage of the city. For you know that centuries of war have destroyed much of the city, we will rebuild it so that it may fully be recognized as the capital city of the nation of New Rhovanion. Once the rebuilding process is halfway finished, possibly in a few months time, I will contact all those wishing to build embassies within the nation. We are as well interested to build embassies in your nations but the department of foreign relations and affairs is currently understaffed, so it may take until the first quarter of 2011 until we will be able to also host our very own diplomatic missions.", Josh announced.

There was a hubbub of noise heard around the room but it quieted down after a few minutes.

"So, my speech comes to an end. Again, on behalf of my nation of New Rhovanion, we would like to thank you for coming here and please enjoy the food.", Josh announced at last using the pronoun, "my".

So, that night, Josh managed to talk to all of the delegations. He had talked to the Dante Peak, Russian Federation, Layarteb and Parisian delegations about establishing embassies within their nation and within New Rhovanion but just as he had just announced, the diplomatic missions will not be started until possibly next year. He had also talked to the Realm of Cotland and the Empire of Layarteb about trade agreements and joint-military training. He also accepted a meeting between the minister of foreign affairs of Layarteb and himself tomorrow morning so that they may be able to talk more personally together. The night went on, as music was played by the Seattle City Choral and a five course meal was prepared by the newly-founded Asociasion Chefs di Rhovani.
Last edited by New Rhovanion on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:16 pm

City of Seattle - 9:00 am; December 23, 2010

Presidential Dining Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 9:00 am

Josh had a great time at the state dinner last night. He was so ecstatic to learn that many of the nations across the globe have formally recognized the founding of New Rhovanion and that they would fully support his new administration. "But of course...", he thought, "...that dinner was only the beginning". He was still contemplating on last night's events when he was disturbed by a phone ring near him.

"Yes? Who's this?", he asked.

"Sir, it's Brenda. The delegation of Layarteb have just arrived for your personal meeting with their minister of foreign affairs.", Brenda said.

"Of course! Welcome them in. I shall meet them in the official meeting room."

"Yes sir. Also, sir the vice president has asked for a government meeting later at 3:00 pm. He said we needed to discuss some things because the entire nation is still quite unstable and the new departments might get swamped by the problems they will be facing soon."

"Okay, just tell him I approve of this meeting. 3 pm at the official meeting room would do."

"Yes sir.", Brenda replied then hanged up.

Josh was glad that Lance was really helping him fix the problems that the nation will face soon. He was confident that he will survive his four year stay as president. Josh then picked up his black suit, neatly prepared by Brenda on the bedroom, then wore the tie he wore last night. This time however, he found it easy to tie the knot and finished dressing in just 15 minutes.

Official Meeting Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 9:15 am

Josh waited for the Empire of Layarteb's delegation. It was paramount to the future survival of the nation to be able to strike deals with their gargantuan neighbor to the east. As he was sitting one of the many chairs inside the meeting room, Vincent entered.

"Sir I would like to introduce to you, the minister of foreign affairs of the Empire of Layarteb.", he said.

"Thank you Vincent.", Josh replied.

Then turning to the delegation of Layarteb now standing near the door, he said, "Please enter take your seats, I am honored to have you as our guests."

He waited for a reply from the minister of foreign affairs which he knew was coming and hoped that he has not offended him in any way last night which could possibly make a strained relationship with Layarteb.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:33 pm

The Minister of Foreign Affairs had arrived at the presidential palace promptly at 08:45 hours with his bodyguard staff and three aides. His wife and two bodyguards would be spending the day in Seattle while the rest of them tending to the first diplomatic conversation between the Republic of New Rhovanion and the Empire. The announcement the previous evening concerning the delay of any diplomatic mission in Seattle had not been received very well. The Empire was hoping to establish an embassy sooner rather than later, especially if its citizens and businesses were to be traveling and trading inside of New Rhovanion. It could be overlooked though, provided the negotiations went well and, in the Minister's mind, there was no reason they shouldn't go well.

"Good morning President Longway," the Minister said as he entered and greeted the Rhovani President. His bodyguards waited outside and he introduced his three aides before they took their seats. "Wonderful occasion last night, my wife and I had a splendid time. We are very grateful that you could see us this morning and discuss the future friendship between our two nations. Once upon a time, when the lands to our west, your lands, were organized, we had a border only as a formality. Now it exists as something seen by many as impenetrable. Rows of fences, razor wire, minefields, dug-in positions, you've no doubt seen. This isn't the way for our generations to grow up and I most certainly yearn for the day when that border returns to just being a formality.

"We see hope and a future with your republic. If you could unify four states, you could unify twenty-four. The entire west could be unified. That is what the Empire wants. The stronger the west is the stronger we are. That is why we come here today, to ensure that our strength is your strength. For us, that is unity. The Layartebian people are unified and so are yours. Together, we can make our continent a better place, a safer place, a stable place.

"In coming to you, this morning, I bring the Emperor's personal blessings. We wish to open the highways between our two nations that have long since sat as roads of despair. Trade is but one way but travel visas are another. We're willing to offer your nation and your people a yearly quota of one hundred thousand visas for travel and business. The Province of Raef in the Caribbean is the worlds' number one tourist destination, a home away from home. We also wish to offer a mutual understanding on the lawlessness between our two borders, which is that it must be suppressed eventually if we are to survive."
The Minister sat back. He had said a lot but he was eager and this was exactly what the Emperor wanted. Having stability to the west was crucial and though he was ready to discuss the Layartebian airbase in New Mexico, he hadn't explicitly brought it up just yet.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Official Meeting Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 9:20 am

Josh was glad to hear that the minister and his companions had a splendid time at the state dinner. All his doubts were removed and his confidence soared.

"Thank you. I certainly appreciate your nation's help at insuring stability in our lands as well as the other areas west of the Mississippi. My nation is in great debt to your nation for all the help you have given us. We hope, as your nation also hopes, that all of the states here in the American West could be unified so that the entire continent would be able to finally prosper after years of instability, corruption and war."

"I also hope that any previous misunderstandings between the old city-states here in the American Northwest and your nation will now be put behind us so as to ensure the peace, stability and prosperity that the both our nations hunger for. Now, I would like to move on to the topic of trade and travel as well as the future diplomatic missions between our two nations."

"Firstly, as you know that my nation is still under the repairing stage and our economy is still recovering from years of war, I would like to invite your national airline to serve Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Although the airport is still below international standards, I foresee that your national airline would be able to trigger a domestic boom of tourism and I hope that this would be able to bring in the necessary funds to improve the current airstrip here in Seattle as well as build airports in the former city-states of Portland, Salem, Spokane, Billings, Boise and Helena."

"Secondly, I would like to propose a trade agreement with your nation. I am opening the ports of Seattle, Tacoma, Portland and Salem to the trading ships of your nation as well as open all the highways traversing our two nations for land trade and travel. This would, I hope, bring in international investors so as to jumpstart New Rhovanion's economy."

"Lastly, I would like to thank you for the travel visas you are issuing to our nation. My secretary for trade and industry as well as the secretary for foreign relations and affairs will be contacting you in the coming days, possibly after Christmas, to further this project of issuing more visas to my nation."

Josh had said the things he knew the nation needed, so he waited patiently as the minister reviewed the proposals and give him a reply.
Last edited by New Rhovanion on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 pm

The Minister was pleased by the proposals; it was everything that he and the rest of the Empire truly wanted. Peace in the west meant so much more than paper could define. "Of course that is definitely agreeable. We hope that private investment from our country can help stimulate your entire economy. While we don't speak for or make deals for companies within the Empire, as we do not believe in it, you will most certainly be receiving many requests once our agreement is formalized, especially to assist in your reconstruction.

"Forgiveness is something we can do, with time. There are groups, criminal organizations if you will that we can never forgive but these do not rest in your borders. Communist guerillas who have fought wars against our sovereign land are our largest enemy in the western lands. Anarchists have tried more than once to subvert our borders with illegal narcotics and weapons. These groups are the groups that have turned the western lands into what they are now. They can never be forgiven but so far as your states, your cities, your nations, there is no ill-will.

"With that out of the way there are some things we would like to discuss that you may already be aware of but that we feel should be more easily understood but airing them rather than ignoring them. The first is an airbase we operate outside of White Sands, New Mexico. It was established long ago and we remain the lease holders on the land for ninety-nine years. Rest assured there are no strategic assets at this base and it poses absolutely no threat to your government. It is actually an outpost that can serve more to help than to hurt. Secondly, nations from around the world will come and try to scare your government into believing that the Empire has a wild dream to conquer North America from the Pacific to the Atlantic. Our western borders, as they stand today, will stand forevermore. We have ceased expansion and conquest on North America. We have no plans in active preparation for any sort of westward expansion."
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Official Meeting Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 9:25 am

Josh was pleased that the minister agrees with his proposals. He is also pleased when the ministers tells him that the Empire does not have any misunderstandings with his nation or its people. But he was surprised that the minister had brought up the issue of the New Mexican airbase in White Sands as well as the rumors of a possible westward expansion by Layarteb. He of course had heard of these rumors as well as the airbase but he wasn't about to believe the rumors quite easily.

"I have heard about the rumors of your possible westward expansion across the Mississippi but I do not currently find your nation as a threat to the stability of the nation. But, with all due respect to you and your nation, any attempt at crossing any of our borders by your armed forces will be met with extreme retaliation except with prior approval by myself or the DND secretary, for I take my nation's protection seriously for it is my Constitutional right as well as responsibility as president to provide for the common defence of the nation of New Rhovanion", Josh said gravely.

"Now, about the airbase, I have heard about it but I am not really sure if you it is or it is not of strategic importance for your nation. Therefore I will have to take your word, but any kind of unusual movements there will of course be met by warnings by my nation as it is within striking distance of Seattle."

"Also, I will be looking forward to the requests of any public or private firms in your nation to set-up in our nation. I hope that foreign investors will boost the economy and soon help the nation in its reconstruction."

"So, do you have any further requests to propose for me or the nation? Currently, I no longer have any other requests or proposals to ask of you or your nation. Your nation will be doing more than enough already for my nation so I don't really want to oversaturate our relationship with too many agreements.", Josh asked while waiting for a reply from the minister.
Last edited by New Rhovanion on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:35 am

The Minister looked across the room to President Longway and looked for the right words to use for his reply. "Mister President, there is a lot of unclaimed, unorganized land between our two borders. If the Empire must cross into them to protect ourselves, we will but we have no plans for expansion or annexation. Rumors of these are just that, rumors. If we can settle on these agreements, I think you and I have accomplished in one day what generations before us couldn't in decades. We look forward to our future relationship and hope that, in time, we can elevate the status of your nation beyond where it is now to a full, free trade nation."
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Official Meeting Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 9:35 am

The President looking at the minister's aides outside then at the minister making sure that he wasn't about to say anything that could jeopardize the deals he had just struck with the largest nation in the world finally replied.

"We thank you for your help as well as your nation's. I thought that my nation will have a hard, if not impossible, time to rebuild but because of your help, as well as the international community's, I think my nation can now thrive after decades of war and destruction.", Josh said, relieved that the words came to him just as he was to run out of words to say.

"My nation shall contact you if there are any updates for the diplomatic missions as well as any more trade or travel talks that we might have. I will have a meeting with my government later and a State of the Republic Address (SORA) tomorrow to let the Rhovani people know of the recent events that took place in the past days. So, I hope your emperor would be able to watch as well as yourself for I will announce any updates in international relations there also."

"For now, I guess, it is farewell. I will have my security escort you to your room in the hotel. I hope that all our agreements will bring in positive effects to my nation as well as yours and this entire continent. Goodbye and Merry Christmas!"

Josh was pleased with the deals he had just struck with the Empire of Layarteb. Being the largest nation on earth, it was fulfilling to be able to find support in such a huge nation. Any more agreements between him and Layarteb, though, would have to wait for it is time that the government itself had done something worth bragging. Therefore, he hopes that later's meeting would finally make the government's steps at rebuilding New Rhovanion clearer to both the public and the international community.

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 pm

City of Seattle - 11:00 am; December 29, 2010

Presidential Bedroom, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 11:00 am

"The day has finally come!", Josh thought to himself. After nearly a week of disruptions, the day of the first State of the Republic Address or SORA has finally come. The snowstorm that had disrupted the SORA has moved westward into Montana so the SORA can now push through. He was preparing his speech when Brenda, the president's secretary, entered the room.

"Sir, they're ready at the press room. We hope to start by 11:15 am, so I hope you're prepared by then."

"Okay, will just add some finishing touches to this speech then I'll be ready. Give me around 10 more minutes."

"Yes, sir."

As Brenda left the room, Josh stood up and dressed while finding some more inspirations to make his speech more colorful. Luckily, the emergency meeting that the Cabinet and himself had last night had refreshed his mind about what happened last December 24. Now, he is better prepared.

Press Room, New Rhovani Presidential Palace - 11:15 am

Josh entered the small room behind the press room, away from the cameras, while he is briefed on who was there.

"Sir, CNN, BBC, as well as many local journalists and newscasters are here." Brenda told the president.

"Okay. Well, here I go.", Josh replied.

Josh bristly walked to the podium while two PSG men walked behind him. The room was buzzing as Josh fixed the mic on the podium; then, he looked at the crowd before him. Finally, after getting the quiet atmosphere he wanted, he began the first SORA in New Rhovanion history.

"Good morning to all! I know that most of you have not heard of the events that have occurred within the past week. Rumors have spread all over Washington, Idaho, Montana and Oregon about the on-goings here in Seattle. I will now make clear these rumors for the benefit of all."

He paused for a short while, while the press prepared their notebooks, pens, cameras and recorders.

"In the recent week, the mayors of the city-states of Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, Portland, Salem, Boise, Billings and Helena have met to discuss the unification of their cities into one nation, that being the Republic of New Rhovanion. We have all signed a Constitution that will hopefully bring peace and order to a war-ravaged area. Our ancestors have fought for over a century and generations after them. But I say to you now that our generation, the current generation, have seen the truth. That no city can live on its own. Yes, Athens and Sparta have survived though they are like us, plain city-states. But the foreboding truth behind is that when the Persians invaded them, they united. Now, it is somewhat the same truth, but instead of warmongering Persians, we have the other nations that want power and want riches so they want to conquer our small city-states to get those. The western part of North America has long been unstable and even our neighbors to the east, Layarteb, sees that as a threat now. But, I tell you now, we will unite these divided areas and be like Layarteb, a united, strong and influential nation."

Josh turned to the next page of his speech.

"Now, I shall move on to domestic issues. Currently, the government of New Rhovanion has three branches, that being Executive, Legislative, and Judicial. The Executive branch is headed by the president, under him is the vice president and Cabinet. The Executive branch, according to Article III of our Constitution, is the one that votes for or vetoes the laws and amendments put forth by the Legislative branch. The Legislative branch is divided into two houses in Congress, the Senate and the House of Representatives. It is headed by the President of the Senate in Senate and the Speaker of the House in the House of Representatives. It, according to Article II of our Constitution, is the one that suggests and debates about laws and amendments that hopefully will help the nation in maintaining peace and order. It also votes on the Executive branch's proclamations and makes sure that it is constitutional. The Judicial branch is headed by the Supreme Justice and under him are his Associate Justices. It, according to Article IV of the Constitution, gives meaning to the Constitution and other laws put forth by Congress. It handles any high-profile cases and is the last to give verdict of the verdict is still undecided in the city court. So that is the three branches."

Josh then turned to the next page. He realized as he was turning that his speech was only 5 pages long. He hopes to finish before lunch.

"Currently, all the positions in government are filled but the department positions are not. We have total of 11 departments in Cabinet so, if any of you would like to apply, please go to the Seattle City Hall, now the New Rhovani Presidential Palace. We have a few issues that need to be taken care of in the cities. The most worrying is the tensions between our cities. Years of war of destroyed the relationships between the city-states but my administration is doing its very best to control the violence still seen all over the country. I plead to all of those who see that violence is the only way to resolve this, think again. The city-states' mayors have all united, but why not yourselves? Wouldn't we all live in prosperity of we unite and use our resources to fuel our nation's economy? The questions can be answered by anyone but the decisions are yours to take."

PAGE 3 of 5

"We, of course, have other issues. For example, the economy. I have recently struck trade deals and negotiations with the Empire of Layarteb. The empire's national airline has been invited to start operations as soon as possible to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to trigger a boom in tourism within our country and hopefully bring in the neccessary funds to help rebuild our nation from years of war and destruction. The ports of Seattle, Tacoma, Portland and Salem have also been opened to Layarteb ships for trading purposes. Also, the highways connecting the empire and New Rhovanion will be repaired then reopened for land trade and travel. The current date of the finalization of the repairs would be June of 2011. I also invite investors to invest in our economy since it would help to jumpstart it. The last agreement is the issuing of travel visas to New Rhovanion by Layarteb. This will allow Rhovans to travel to Layarteb as either tourists or workers."

PAGE 4 of 5

"Now, we move on to the defense of the nation. The Armed Forces of New Rhovanion was officially formed two days ago by General Harry Boyle. It is currently accepting applicants to the Rhovanion Military Academy. It currently has only about 500,000 full-time soldiers, those who have completed their schooling long before the AFNR was formed, and over 500,000 applicants to the RMA. We hope to have over 1 million full-time soldiers by the end of 2011. Also, the New Rhovanion National Police was also established two days ago by General Larry Daley. It currently has over 10,000 full-time officers and over 5,000 more are currently enrolled in the Rhovan Police Academy. We hope to have over 15,000 full-time officers by the end of 2011 as well."

PAGE 5 of 5

"I have stated all of our current issues, and hope that you, the citizens of New Rhovanion will be guided accordingly. Now, I hope the nation will finally move forward after years of fighting and violence. We have all went through a lot and at last we will finally get the what all of us really deserved, peace, stability, order and prosperity. I thank all of those who are watching today, and I hope that we will all have a very, very happy new year. Thank you once again. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!"

Josh finished just in time, at around 12:30 pm, and he hopes that he got the message across to all Rhovanis. He walked out of the press room with the two PSG men still tailing him. He was relieved that all of his hard work during the past few days have payed off. "Now...", he thought,"...the real work truly begins."

(OOC: This signals the end of this thread. Is my claim completed now?)

Edvardus
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Edvardus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:31 pm

華夏民國官方公報

Date: 2011 January 10
From: Joseph Marino, President of the Second Republic of Sinae
Subject: Official Recognition

The Second Republic of Sinae wishes to formally recognize the Republic of New Rhovanion and to establish an embassy in your capital. We would also like to see a Rhovanion embassy in our capital of Nanjing. As nations along the Pacific Rim, we hope that trade and other exchanges between our two nations will be strong.
Last edited by Edvardus on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:11 am

OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT OF NEW RHOVANION

TO: The Second Republic of Sinae
RE: Official Recognition

Greetings of peace!

We thank your nation for officially recognizing the Republic of New Rhovanion. We hope that our two nations will have better relationships also because we are both along the Pacific Rim. However, the nation still cannot hold diplomatic missions because we are still reeling from a century of warfare. Many of our cities are still being rebuilt but we expect that our capital, the city of Seattle, may hold diplomatic missions by mid-February, 2011. We will be sending telegrams to all concerned nations about this.

Again, my nation thanks you for recognizing us as a legitimate government and we hope better relations will emerge in the very near future.

FROM: Josh Longway, President of the Republic of New Rhovanion

Edvardus
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Edvardus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:07 am

華夏民國官方公報

From: Joseph Marino, President of the Second Republic of Sinae
Subject: Re: Official Recognition

Sinae is willing to send aid to New Rhovanion to help with reconstruction of your nation. In the meantime, establishing a Rhovanion embassy in Nanjing will better facilitate communications between our two nations in the temporary absence of a Sinaean embassy in Seattle.

New Rhovanion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhovanion » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:42 am

OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT OF NEW RHOVANION

TO: The Second Republic of Sinae
RE: RE: Official Recognition

We thank your nation for sending aid to our nation. Because of your aid as well as Layarteb's, the Commission on Reconstruction (temporary commission) has moved the finishing date to early-February, 2011. Therefore, we would be able to accept diplomatic missions earlier than expected. Also, we would gladly accept your invitation on building an embassy in Nanjing. Please send an application form through TG.

Once again, thank you for recognizing the Republic of New Rhovanion and we hope better relations will sprout in the very, very near future.

FROM: Josh Longway, President of the Republic of New Rhovanion

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents