NATION

PASSWORD

Steel Pact Thread (3.0)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Bern99
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bern99 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:44 pm

St George of England wrote:
New Bern99 wrote:
Bad idea...an Aircraft Carriers greatest asset is that its mobile. A runway for aircraft that can be anywhere in the world. Tie half a dozen of them together and their just floating targets.

Not if adequately protected. I'll point out that the only reason the US didn't take up the MOB system is the expense, which, spread across members, wouldn't be much.

Maybe....but using Air Craft Carriers as the MOB is no good. A carrier is like the ultimate prize in war so if you could take out half a dozen of them with say....a tac nuke...your gonna do it. Besides if you want to base things off a carrier why not just use half a dozen normal carrier groups. They'd have the same storage capacity and would be much better protected since they can actually maneuver.
Nations Do Not Survive By Setting Examples For Others.
Nations Survive By Making Examples Of Others.

Crontor
Minister

Founded: Jun 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:45 pm

New Bern99 wrote:
Bad idea...an Aircraft Carriers greatest asset is that its mobile. A runway for aircraft that can be anywhere in the world. Tie half a dozen of them together and their just floating targets.

Not if adequately protected. I'll point out that the only reason the US didn't take up the MOB system is the expense, which, spread across members, wouldn't be much.

Maybe not have the carriers attached, but have the MOB as a docking, refueling and rearment center that serves the carrier as a mobile drydock and supply center.

That way, an MOB can service our fleets worldwide.

New Bern99
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bern99 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Crontor wrote:
St George of England wrote:Not if adequately protected. I'll point out that the only reason the US didn't take up the MOB system is the expense, which, spread across members, wouldn't be much.

Maybe not have the carriers attached, but have the MOB as a docking, refueling and rearment center that serves the carrier as a mobile drydock and supply center.

Bingo. Need to build one of them from the ground up. Not slap one together out of five or six carriers.
Nations Do Not Survive By Setting Examples For Others.
Nations Survive By Making Examples Of Others.

Crontor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:54 pm

New Bern99 wrote:
Crontor wrote:

Bingo. Need to build one of them from the ground up. Not slap one together out of five or six carriers.

I wonder though, what would that look like :?:

But that's what i was getting at originally, but the other problem is, if they take out our MOB, that leaves that fleet vulnerable.

Osthia
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:04 pm

Stoklomolvi wrote:
REFERENCE:
23 DECEMBER 2010

Encryption: Unencrypted
To: [OPEN COMMUNIQUÉ]
Subject: Steel Pact

For many months, the Stoklomolvi Liaoist Federation ignored the Steel Pact, thinking that it was a small communist alliance seeking to harm and harm from nobody. Only now do we realise that this Steel Pact was an alliance doing the very opposite: it sought the destruction of all communists and leftists in the world, the same objective many other warmongering fascists attempted to achieve. We cannot stand for this threat against our friends and comrades, nor will we stand for this threat against nature and humanity. Thus, with a rapid vote conducted in the National People's Congress and the Standing People's Committee, the entire government of Stoklomolvi has motioned to declare war on the Steel Pact, and with the approval of the Commissar of Stoklomolvi and the State Council the declaration of war passed and is now in effect. We will not issue ultimatums to the Steel Pact, as we know that it will reject them; the only way to resolve this conflict is through force and clash of arms.

We hereby declare that a state of war exists between Stoklomolvi and the Steel Pact. Until this pact is dissolved or until the Steel Pact sues for peace, we will relentlessly seek to destroy the Steel Pact in its entirety.

We will not be able to help as much, as we have some...problems with the Ryouese and some internal problems (not too big, but just in case), so we will send 200,000 soldiers to the casue. Long live the Steel Pact!

200,000 total
195,000 infantry, armed with G78 Assault Rifles
5,000 Dragon tanks
Last edited by Osthia on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bokaya
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bokaya » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Thanks, Osthia, but we're sitting this one out.

As for the MOBs, my answer to this is a resounding: nope. We saw what happened the last time we tried to centralize Pact Power... kablammo. When the UPA is done, we'll have 10 legions. I reckon that a legion stationed in each of the more important Brother nations should suffice. I'm not taking control of organizing the navy, that's the next minister of war's job, but I would strongly discourage him against these supercarriers. To back up this negative stance towards the topic at hand Bokaya will excersise her national sovereignty and provide no funding to this project. At all. Not a jot. And as I'm both deputy founder and minister of war, I expect both you guys and the Founder to take heed of what it is that I'm saying.

Of course, if you decide to go ahead with the project, there's little I can do, but at least now you know what my views are.

Oh, and in case I can't get online tomorrow, Merry Christmas, everyone.
Adherant to the original ideals of The Steel Pact

There is no such thing as a left-wing intellectual

Urgolon wrote:Because liberals like buying computers made by corporations, running on software developed by corporations, to open up an internet browser made by a corporation, to search on a search engine run by a corporation, to find a forum so they can rant about how they hate the evil corporations.
The Black Plains wrote:But Canada is America's hat.

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Bokaya wrote:Thanks, Osthia, but we're sitting this one out.

As for the MOBs, my answer to this is a resounding: nope. We saw what happened the last time we tried to centralize Pact Power... kablammo. When the UPA is done, we'll have 10 legions. I reckon that a legion stationed in each of the more important Brother nations should suffice. I'm not taking control of organizing the navy, that's the next minister of war's job, but I would strongly discourage him against these supercarriers. To back up this negative stance towards the topic at hand Bokaya will excersise her national sovereignty and provide no funding to this project. At all. Not a jot. And as I'm both deputy founder and minister of war, I expect both you guys and the Founder to take heed of what it is that I'm saying.

Of course, if you decide to go ahead with the project, there's little I can do, but at least now you know what my views are.

Oh...
Well...
*Begins to take dump on pictures of Lenin and Stalin* "Merry Christmas, BITCHES XD
Last edited by Osthia on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crontor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Bokaya wrote:Thanks, Osthia, but we're sitting this one out.

You too!

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:17 pm

I don't like the idea of placing almost all of our naval assets in one place. What I do propose is several groups comprised of carriers, amphibious assault ships, and a super carrier. With several of those placed around the world we would be able to respond to many threats as quickly as possible. However to add to the Mobile base, why not just have a oil rig type station that each carrier would be assigned too. They could be used to resupply our strike groups, and if they get taken out we don't lose half of our navy's budget. Not to mention that having several smaller oil rig type structures would allow us to placed them around bottle necks and narrow passages.

Either way, I say that we make our navy our number one priority because they are fast, mobile, and hold untold possibilities. I say we train most of our troops to be marine style soldiers that can be deployed around the world in blitzkrieg like tactics, backed up with super carriers, and near undetectable nuclear capable submarines.
Dammed Marxists running about buggering sheep, and other such mischief. We really must do something about that.
-Emperor Ulric VII, Father of The Lusitanian People

St George of England
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:20 pm

New Lusitaniagrad wrote:I don't like the idea of placing almost all of our naval assets in one place. What I do propose is several groups comprised of carriers, amphibious assault ships, and a super carrier. With several of those placed around the world we would be able to respond to many threats as quickly as possible. However to add to the Mobile base, why not just have a oil rig type station that each carrier would be assigned too. They could be used to resupply our strike groups, and if they get taken out we don't lose half of our navy's budget. Not to mention that having several smaller oil rig type structures would allow us to placed them around bottle necks and narrow passages.

Either way, I say that we make our navy our number one priority because they are fast, mobile, and hold untold possibilities. I say we train most of our troops to be marine style soldiers that can be deployed around the world in blitzkrieg like tactics, backed up with super carriers, and near undetectable nuclear capable submarines.

This. If no-one minds, I'm get to work on designing such a thing.
The Angline-Guanxine Empire
Current Monarch: His Heavenly Guanxine The Ky Morris
Population: As NS Page
Current RP: Closure of the Paulianus Passage
The United Coven of the Otherworlds
Current Leader: Covenwoman Paige Thomas
Population: 312,000,000
Military Size: 4,000,000
New to NS? TG me if you have questions.

Crontor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:22 pm

New Lusitaniagrad wrote:I don't like the idea of placing almost all of our naval assets in one place. What I do propose is several groups comprised of carriers, amphibious assault ships, and a super carrier. With several of those placed around the world we would be able to respond to many threats as quickly as possible. However to add to the Mobile base, why not just have a oil rig type station that each carrier would be assigned too. They could be used to resupply our strike groups, and if they get taken out we don't lose half of our navy's budget. Not to mention that having several smaller oil rig type structures would allow us to placed them around bottle necks and narrow passages.

I like, should we move to make the entire UPA marines instead of regular army infantry, or should we have both?

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:22 pm

On a side note:

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE.
Last edited by New Lusitaniagrad on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dammed Marxists running about buggering sheep, and other such mischief. We really must do something about that.

St George of England
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Crontor wrote:

I like, should we move to make the entire UPA marines instead of regular army infantry, or should we have both?

Why not make them both? Roman legionaries were both land and sea based forces.
New Lusitaniagrad wrote:On a side note:

Have a Very Merry Christmas Eve and Christmas.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Crontor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!

By the way 'Santa' is over Russia right now, let's hope he isn't shot down!

(I am not slamming Russia, it's a joke!)

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:25 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Crontor wrote:

Why not make them both? Roman legionaries were both land and sea based forces.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Indeed, all we would have to do was give them extra training.

Bokaya
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bokaya » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:26 pm

I disagree entirely about the Navy being our most important asset. Our national navies will prove, and indeed have proved, to be more than adequate to ferry the UPA to and from combat zones. What we need to focus on, for the moment, is development of the UPA. They can provide a more-than capable land force, striking heavily at our enemies whilst simultaneously leaving our national armies free for the purpose of defence. Our major weaknesses at the moment are: a) lack of manpower; and b) lack of a capable air force. I'm looking at solving B at the moment but point A can only be fixed by either a decent recruitment drive OR more troop donation from the current member states; both of which are problems that I, both as War Minister and Deputy Founder, am out of my depth in solving.

EDIT: lolz @ lolcats
Last edited by Bokaya on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urgolon wrote:Because liberals like buying computers made by corporations, running on software developed by corporations, to open up an internet browser made by a corporation, to search on a search engine run by a corporation, to find a forum so they can rant about how they hate the evil corporations.

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Crontor wrote:Merry Christmas Everyone!

I remember when I was little and I used to watch the Santa NORAD Tracker every Christmas Eve day.

St George of England
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Bokaya wrote:I disagree entirely about the Navy being our most important asset. Our national navies will prove, and indeed have proved, to be more than adequate to ferry the UPA to and from combat zones. What we need to focus on, for the moment, is development of the UPA. They can provide a more-than capable land force, striking heavily at our enemies whilst simultaneously leaving our national armies free for the purpose of defence. Our major weaknesses at the moment are: a) lack of manpower; and b) lack of a capable air force. I'm looking at solving B at the moment but point A can only be fixed by either a decent recruitment drive OR more troop donation from the current member states; both of which are problems that I, both as War Minister and Deputy Founder, am out of my depth in solving.

And can this not wait two days?

Oh, and I'm likely to be retconning my war with Ryou.

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Bokaya wrote:I disagree entirely about the Navy being our most important asset. Our national navies will prove, and indeed have proved, to be more than adequate to ferry the UPA to and from combat zones. What we need to focus on, for the moment, is development of the UPA. They can provide a more-than capable land force, striking heavily at our enemies whilst simultaneously leaving our national armies free for the purpose of defence. Our major weaknesses at the moment are: a) lack of manpower; and b) lack of a capable air force. I'm looking at solving B at the moment but point A can only be fixed by either a decent recruitment drive OR more troop donation from the current member states; both of which are problems that I, both as War Minister and Deputy Founder, am out of my depth in solving.

Why not just merge the air force and navy together?

Bokaya
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bokaya » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:29 pm

@SGoE: Yeah, let's leave this till after boxing day, guys! lol.
Last edited by Bokaya on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crontor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:31 pm

New Lusitaniagrad wrote:
Crontor wrote:Merry Christmas Everyone!

I remember when I was little and I used to watch the Santa NORAD Tracker every Christmas Eve day.

That's where i got it! :lol:

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Bokaya wrote:@SGoE: Yeah, let's leave this till after boxing day, guys! lol.

Agreed, no talk of war and business until after Boxing day (whatever that is, must be some sort of Brit Holiday, lol). Till then, it's only Christmas memories, and funny cat cards.

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Crontor wrote:
New Lusitaniagrad wrote:I remember when I was little and I used to watch the Santa NORAD Tracker every Christmas Eve day.

He seems to be over Tanzania at the moment. Seems like someone must be getting a new goat.... (lol, jk).

St George of England
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 pm

New Lusitaniagrad wrote:
Crontor wrote:

He seems to be over Tanzania at the moment. Seems like someone must be getting a new goat.... (lol, jk).

:rofl: :rofl:

PreviousNext

Advertisement