NATION

PASSWORD

Scutum (A Defensive Military Alliance)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khodoristan
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Scutum (A Defensive Military Alliance)

Postby Khodoristan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:05 am

Anemos Major wrote:
Khodoristan wrote:We Desire membership in your alliance. We can offer 6 L-39 Albatross Jets armed with R-60 AAMs, B-8 Rockets, FAB-500 Iron Bombs, and GSh-23L cannon pods to be used in light attack/counter insurgency. We also can deploy a battalion or Army ligt Infantry for ground combat/peacekeeping/VIP security.

SCUTUM

Unfortunately, we have had to deny your nation entrance into the alliance do the the fact that your application does not clarify your reason for desiring entrance, nor any of the statistics deemed necessary. Please fill in the applicaiton form if interested.

Nation name: Republic of Khodoristan
Form of Government: Semi-Presidential Parlaimentary Republic
Branches of Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Guard, Border Services, Federal Police
Total amount of troops in Armed Forces: 1.3 million (up to 5 million, we have conscription/emergency draft)
Reason for joining the alliance: Military and Economic stability, Force Projection.
Additional contributions you are willing to make: Combative and Non-Combative support, Lodging and provisions for Scutum forces, airspace and ground networks to move men and supplies.
*My nation uses a mix of US, European, Chinese, and Israeli weapons. We are currently withdrawing our first indigenous combat vehicle, the Grozh APC, from Iraq, after 6 years of succesful service to the coalition forces. We can deploy 30 to be used as IFV's/Urban warfare vehicles*
Economic Left/Right: -3.88, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69 (centrist)
DERECON: 1 2 3 4 5

REST IN PEACE UNDERØATH 11/30/97-1/26/13
Pro: NATO, SEATO, ANZUS, EU, ROC, ROK, Japan, Israel, Russia, Turkey, India, gay rights, fiscal and social liberalism, Christianity, Judaism
Against: Iran, Pakistan, China, DPRK, Venezuela, racism, sexism, abortion, Islam, conservatism, military aggression

I'm a nihilistic Catholic. Yes, we do exist.

Ideam
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:56 am

Nation Name:Borderlands of Ideam
From of Government: Corporate Police State
Brand of Armed Forces: Ideam uses Mercanary Companies based in Ideam for attack and defense. We only actually control the police
Total amount of troops in armed forces: 11.2 million, 20 million in time of Conscription
Reasons for Joining this Alliance: Protection and Economic Stability
Additional Contribuition you are williing to make: We are williing to deploy all military forces for alliance purposes as well as economic concerns because of our Corporate Status
A Member of the Union of Sovereign States
Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book. -Ronald Reagan

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Khodoristan wrote:Nation name: Republic of Khodoristan
Branches of Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Guard, Border Services, Federal Police
Total amount of troops in Armed Forces: 1.3 million (up to 5 million, we have conscription/emergency draft)
Reason for joining the alliance: Military and Economic stability, Force Projection.
Additional contributions you are willing to make: Combative and Non-Combative support, Lodging and provisions for Scutum forces, airspace and ground networks to move men and supplies.
*My nation uses a mix of US, European, Chinese, and Israeli weapons. We are currently withdrawing our first indigenous combat vehicle, the Grozh APC, from Iraq, after 6 years of succesful service to the coalition forces. We can deploy 30 to be used as IFV's/Urban warfare vehicles*

OOC: One point: RL events do not occur in NS, so let's just say your APC saw combat experience 'Somewhere Else'.

IC:

SCUTUM

We thank the state of Khodoristan for their re-application to join SCUTUM, and are glad to inform you that you have been accepted. Your kind offer to provide lodging for SCUTUM expeditionary forces has been duly noted, and we assure you that we will get back to you on this matter.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Ideam wrote:Nation Name:Borderlands of Ideam
From of Government: Corporate Police State
Brand of Armed Forces: Ideam uses Mercanary Companies based in Ideam for attack and defense. We only actually control the police
Total amount of troops in armed forces: 11.2 million, 20 million in time of Conscription
Reasons for Joining this Alliance: Protection and Economic Stability
Additional Contribuition you are williing to make: We are williing to deploy all military forces for alliance purposes as well as economic concerns because of our Corporate Status

SCUTUM

We must respectfully decline your application to join SCUTUM because of your usage of mercenary units as the bulk of your armed forces. We have seen first-hand the unreliability of mercenary units, and because of the fact that you do not directly control your armed forces, they cannot be counted as your own.

We're terribly sorry about the trouble.

Good day.

OOC: Sorry. It's just that mercenaries don't count as 'the armed forces' in my book, for obvious reasons.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Bumped.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 am

I shalt bump thee again, mine thread, so as to ensure that thou art not dumped unceremoniously on page 6.

Khodoristan
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khodoristan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:20 am

Anemos Major wrote:
Khodoristan wrote:Nation name: Republic of Khodoristan

OOC: One point: RL events do not occur in NS, so let's just say your APC saw combat experience 'Somewhere Else'.

IC:

SCUTUM

We thank the state of Khodoristan for their re-application to join SCUTUM, and are glad to inform you that you have been accepted. Your kind offer to provide lodging for SCUTUM expeditionary forces has been duly noted, and we assure you that we will get back to you on this matter.

Thank you very much. It is an honor to be in the company of noble warriors.

-Jacques Gessarde
President Of Khodoristan
Economic Left/Right: -3.88, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69 (centrist)
DERECON: 1 2 3 4 5

REST IN PEACE UNDERØATH 11/30/97-1/26/13
Pro: NATO, SEATO, ANZUS, EU, ROC, ROK, Japan, Israel, Russia, Turkey, India, gay rights, fiscal and social liberalism, Christianity, Judaism
Against: Iran, Pakistan, China, DPRK, Venezuela, racism, sexism, abortion, Islam, conservatism, military aggression

I'm a nihilistic Catholic. Yes, we do exist.

Ideam
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideam » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:16 pm

OOC:Understood, Oh well (:
A Member of the Union of Sovereign States
Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book. -Ronald Reagan

The German Region
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The German Region » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:19 pm

The Federal Republic expresses its wish to become an Observer State of SCUTUM.

Signed

Albert Scharner
Foreign Secretary
DEFCON 3

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Ideam wrote:OOC:Understood, Oh well (:

OOC: Sorry about that.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:41 pm

The German Region wrote:The Federal Republic expresses its wish to become an Observer State of SCUTUM.

Signed

Albert Scharner
Foreign Secretary

SCUTUM

Your application has been noted, but we would like information concerning your choice to become and observer instead of a full alliance member, for future reference. We are sorry for any trouble this may cause you.

The German Region
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The German Region » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
The German Region wrote:The Federal Republic expresses its wish to become an Observer State of SCUTUM.

Signed

Albert Scharner
Foreign Secretary

SCUTUM

Your application has been noted, but we would like information concerning your choice to become and observer instead of a full alliance member, for future reference. We are sorry for any trouble this may cause you.

At this moment the German Region is at war with another nation. We do not wish to complicate the matter further by involving ourself in an alliance whilst the war still continues.
DEFCON 3

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:05 pm

SCUTUM

We could make emergency arrangements to ensure that any alliance responsibilities, including administrative ones, are held back until said war ends, and we can simply send aid, free of cost, as soon as possible.

Augmark
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augmark » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:37 am

bump

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:42 am

Much obliged.

Ih8uwannakillu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ih8uwannakillu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Nation name: Ih8uwannakillu/ the dragona empire/ Du Ansetak Majaken Imperio of Ih8uwannakillu

Form of Government: Imperialist. Emperor rules but can't pass laws without majority votes from the high councel, with representative from every branch of life.

Branches of Armed Forces:
MT: Airforce, grundentrupen (made up of the 3 legions above), Navy (comprised of a lot of submergable ships)

Total amount of troops in Armed Forces (elaborate if you desire to):
MT: In total all forces have about 127 million between them.

Reason for joining the alliance: To protect smaller nations from the recent upsurge of "I DECLAIR WAR ON YOU, YOU LOOSE" attitudes in a lot of nations as of late.

Additional contributions you are willing to make: Trade lanes are opened completly to all members with no tarrifs, will provide advanced tefencive technology if we deem it safe to do so.

Suggestions: None as of yet, we haven't had enough contact with the alliance.

(Extra OOC: Favours ranged weapons, ground forces tend to use a lot of spears or swords that dubble up as energy weapons in an FT environment. MT we tend to dig in and use alot of artilery to anhiolate the oposing forces. No real block of weapons or sanctioned weapons.).
Last edited by Ih8uwannakillu on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man with Nuclear weapons really should never get 'a bit fight-y'..."
Defcon [1] [2] [3] [4][5]
S'all good

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Ih8uwannakillu wrote:Nation name: Ih8uwannakillu/ the dragona empire/ Du Ansetak Majaken Imperio of Ih8uwannakillu

Form of Government: Imperialist. Emperor rules but can't pass laws without majority votes from the high council, with a representative from every branch of life.

Branches of Armed Forces:
MT: Airforce, grundentrupen (made up of 3 legions), Navy (comprised of a lot of submergable ships)

Total amount of troops in Armed Forces (elaborate if you desire to): FT:Exact number is unkown, but it is estimated that each legion has over 300 million members (including conscripts) with the planet based airforce having a further 50 million.
MT: Figures are roughly the same, but the Airforce has 75 million members, the navy having a further 75 million.

Reason for joining the alliance: To protect smaller nations from the recent upsurge of "I DECLAIR WAR ON YOU, YOU LOOSE" attitudes in a lot of nations as of late.

Additional contributions you are willing to make: Trade lanes are opened completly to all members with no tarrifs, will provide advanced defencive technology if we deem it safe to do so.

Suggestions: None as of yet, we haven't had enough contact with the alliance.

(Extra OOC: Favours ranged weapons, ground forces tend to use a lot of spears or swords that double up as energy weapons in an FT environment. MT we tend to dig in and use alot of artilery to anhiolate the oposing forces. No real block of weapons or sanctioned weapons.).

OOC: Sumbergible ships=submarines, I take it. And use your MT army, seeing that this is an MT alliance. Oh, and the absolute maximum of troops you can have is about 254 million; there, they're already crap. Beyond that, most of them won't have weapons or training. I suggest you stick with 2.5%, and roll with 127 million troops; I myself RP with an armed force that's about 1% of my nation (excluding conscripts). On that note...

IC:
SCUTUM

Upon reviewing your application to join SCUTUM, we have found it to be beneficial for all nations involved if you play a part here, and therefore welcome you with no further ado to this alliance. We, together, will hold the line.

Ih8uwannakillu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ih8uwannakillu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:14 pm

ooc: Thanks, I'll edit the numberes now. I tend to work on the baisis that most of my nation IS inthe militery in some form, but i can see why a smaller percentage is more sensable for an MT nation.
And yes, submergable ships are submarines, only mine are rather big and have about 20 small caliber deck guns.
IC: We thank you for accepting us into the alliance. Together we stand, to gether we die, together we are triumphant!
Last edited by Ih8uwannakillu on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
S'all good

Lizardiar
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lizardiar » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Nation name: The Confederacy of Lizardiar
Form of Government: Democratic Republic
Branches of Armed Forces: Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines, Lizardiar Defense Force
Total amount of troops in Armed Forces (elaborate if you desire to): Full Conscription: 9,500,000(2.5%) Peacetime: 1,500,000 Active, the rest in reserve.
Reason for joining the alliance: To forge stronger bonds with friendly nations, and o protect our citizens.
Additional contributions you are willing to make: Military and diplomatic forces. Free passage of Scutum nation's military forces.
*My nation uses mostly military equipment from the Federal Republic of Germany.*
In all corners of the globe, the free people's slogan is this:
Speak to Fascists in the language of fire! With words of bullets! With sharp wit of bayonets!

Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:39 pm

OOC: Yay, Lizardiar! I heard from Salz.

IC:
SCUTUM
RE: Applcation to join the SCUTUM alliance.

We have reviewed your application to join SCUTUM, and believe, without any exceptions or doubt, tht your presence would make this alliance an infinitely better place. Thus, we welcome you to our halls with open arms and hope that all of us profit from this arrangement.
Last edited by Anemos Major on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ih8uwannakillu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ih8uwannakillu » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:57 am

Right, I've registered on the forums, just need you to aprove me!
S'all good

Serbian_Soviet_Union
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Serbian_Soviet_Union » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:13 am

I just registered on the forums aswell under Serbian_Soviet_Union.
Zastava Arms Inc Cheap Military Hardware: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6443
Zastava Energy Inc & Zastava Oil Corporation: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7806
Full member of: AMNAT, CIN, SCUTUM, CA, VA, PSUS
Observer Member of: GIA, EA, CI

Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) State of War/State of Emergency || Preparation for a possible war
Military size 5% Active || 2.5% Reserves
Government Type: Capitalist, Conservative, Right Wing, Democratic
FSSU Nations Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9558
Serbian Broadcasting News: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9733
Baxtell Heavy Engineering Droid Works

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 am

Right, I've approved your registrations, I just need you to post!

Welcome to the SCUTUM offsite forums; TG me any suggestions or requests for new forums.

Ostronopolis
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostronopolis » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:01 am

Official Federal Diplomatic Communication

SCUTUM APPLICATION FORM

The Federal Republic of Ostronopolis does request full admission into the military alliance and pact recognized as SCUTUM. Following review by the Three-Hundred and Twenty-First Federal Council of The Federal Republic of Ostronopolis, and passage of such act by the Assembly, and approval of such act by the House of Representatives, the Federal Republic of Ostronopolis hereby request admission to the SCUTUM pact and treaty, under the conditions recognized by such organization including the charter, and all articles thereof to that charter.

Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Ostronopolis
Form of Government: Constitutional, Federal, Representative, Presidential, Direct Democratic, Secular, Mixed Capitalist, Republic
Branches of Armed Forces: Five In Total - Federal Army, Federal Navy, Federal Air Force, Federal Marines, Federal Security
Total Amount of Troops In Armed Forces: 12,000,000 Troops. 887 Naval Units. 50480 Air Units. 160 ICBMs. 54000 Nuclear Weapons Total.
Reason For Joining The Alliance: Furtherance of Diplomatic Relations With The International Community At Large
Additional Contributions Willing To Make: Disaster, Military And General Economic Aid To All Member States
Suggestions: None

((Extra OoC: NATO, NS Draft Room, United States, And British Equipment, Some Slight FT Weapons, Being That, Weapons About Three To Ten Years In The Future)).
Last edited by Ostronopolis on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:14 am

Ostronopolis wrote:

Official Federal Diplomatic Communication

S.C.U.T.U.M APPLICATION FORM

The Federal Republic of Ostronopolis does request full admission into the military alliance and pact recognized as S.C.U.T.U.M. Following review by the Three-Hundred and Twenty-First Federal Council of The Federal Republic of Ostronopolis, and passage of such act by the Assembly, and approval of such act by the House of Representatives, the Federal Republic of Ostronopolis hereby request admission to the S.C.U.T.U.M pact and treaty, under the conditions recognized by such organization including the charter, and all articles thereof to that charter.

Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Ostronopolis
Form of Government: Constitutional, Federal, Representative, Presidential, Direct Democratic, Secular, Mixed Capitalist, Republic
Branches of Armed Forces: Five In Total - Federal Army, Federal Navy, Federal Air Force, Federal Marines, Federal Security
Total Amount of Troops In Armed Forces: 12,000,000 Troops. 887 Naval Units. 50480 Air Units. 160 ICBMs. 54000 Nuclear Weapons Total.
Reason For Joining The Alliance: Furtherance of Diplomatic Relations With The International Community At Large
Additional Contributions Willing To Make: Disaster, Military And General Economic Aid To All Member States
Suggestions: None

((Extra OoC: NATO, NS Draft Room, United States, And British Equipment, Some Slight FT Weapons, Being That, Weapons About Three To Ten Years In The Future)).

OOC: It's not S.C.U.T.U.M. It's Scutum.

IC:
SCUTUM

IN RESPONSE to the application to join the Scutum Alliance, as a full member.

ADMISSION OVERSEEN BY THE SECOND HOLY EMPIRE OF ANEMOS MAJOR

The reviewing of your application to join said alliance took place at two o'clock this morning, with the general feeling being a positive one. As a result, the Federal Republic of Ostronopolis is hereby admitted to the alliance, with all the privileges this bestows and responsibilities it demands. Through anything, good or bad, joyful or painful, you are bound by the laws of this alliance, and the freedom that this provides. Your selfless decision to join this alliance is a wise one, and you will not come to regret it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents