NATION

PASSWORD

IASEN Discussion Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

IASEN Discussion Thread

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:26 am

Try to keep the OOC on this page.
Propaganda:

[box]

If you make a nice poster, poem, or song about how awesome we are I'll knock it up here.
Last edited by Des-Bal on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:29 am

For the sake of everyone's enjoyment please be considerate, due to the large number of nations please submit via TG requests for RP's well in advance and don't clutter the thread with condemnations.
Last edited by Des-Bal on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:34 am

New Korongo wrote:I think we should expand into defending non-member nations from attacks over slavery, while doing so encouraging them to join the IASEN.

Unilisia wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:We are not a charity. either they join us, or they die, it isn't that hard a process to join.

If we have a combined coalition of soldiers in their nation, they can join us, or we remove their government.

You obviously don't think like I do, which isn't a bad thing, but I do look for the best advantages in all situations. If we came to the aid of a slave-trading government, saved it from occupation by a neighboring power, and then kept soldiers inside in sufficient numbers, a coup et tat would be easily accomplished with swift co-ordination and efficiency, provided they refuse to join this Association of ours.

Just an example, of course. A different strategy would be needed depending on the situation we are faced with.

The present argument is the issue of IASENs response to attacks no non-member nations.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:55 am

My stance would be to help. Comeon ASE, untold losses? Tese aren't conscripts were talking about here. And if a conflict we enter does drag on too long wasting our resources and men, we can vote to pull out. Non-members aren't THAT important.
Last edited by Onyenu on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:02 am

Yet our resources no matter how great could not last the endless war that would come from being involved in every conflict. There's also the issue of cost-benefit, one must question the loyalty of someone who has not willingly joined IASEN or has done so only for an instance of military backing.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:43 am

Des-Bal wrote:Yet our resources no matter how great could not last the endless war that would come from being involved in every conflict. There's also the issue of cost-benefit, one must question the loyalty of someone who has not willingly joined IASEN or has done so only for an instance of military backing.

I never said to join every conflict, The few we could easily win and profit from, with the proper chance, we should take advantage from. Am I saying join the friggin Oblivion War ? No. Am I saying fight some tiny country out of another one ? Yes.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:35 am

Unilisia wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:Yet our resources no matter how great could not last the endless war that would come from being involved in every conflict. There's also the issue of cost-benefit, one must question the loyalty of someone who has not willingly joined IASEN or has done so only for an instance of military backing.

I never said to join every conflict, The few we could easily win and profit from, with the proper chance, we should take advantage from. Am I saying join the friggin Oblivion War ? No. Am I saying fight some tiny country out of another one ? Yes.

Before we intervene we should first determine that the nation is both willing to join IASEN and up to the standards we set.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:08 am

Onyenu wrote:My stance would be to help. Comeon ASE, untold losses? Tese aren't conscripts were talking about here. And if a conflict we enter does drag on too long wasting our resources and men, we can vote to pull out. Non-members aren't THAT important.

Still, even light losses for my nation are horrific. Me losing 500 soldiers is like you losing 5,000 soldiers, due to the amount I spend on each soldier. Also, pulling out isn't as simple as you make it out to be, unless it is well organized and meticulous the organized retreat could turn into a full fledged route.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 pm

It would seem the mantle of leadership has passed. The Royal Dominion of Southron reaffirms its membership in IASEN and continues to advocate the rights of all slave-holding nations.

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

St George of England
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Whilst the Holy Empire does not take part in Slaving themselves, we recognize the Right to Slave as an inherent right of any nation, and recognize the hypocrisy of nations that are against slavery. Do they declare war on nations that export arms? They do not.

As such, the Holy Empire would like join IASEN as an observer or ally of the organization, ready to be called upon if needed.
The Angline-Guanxine Empire
Current Monarch: His Heavenly Guanxine The Ky Morris
Population: As NS Page
Current RP: Closure of the Paulianus Passage
The United Coven of the Otherworlds
Current Leader: Covenwoman Paige Thomas
Population: 312,000,000
Military Size: 4,000,000
New to NS? TG me if you have questions.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:45 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Onyenu wrote:My stance would be to help. Comeon ASE, untold losses? Tese aren't conscripts were talking about here. And if a conflict we enter does drag on too long wasting our resources and men, we can vote to pull out. Non-members aren't THAT important.

Still, even light losses for my nation are horrific. Me losing 500 soldiers is like you losing 5,000 soldiers, due to the amount I spend on each soldier. Also, pulling out isn't as simple as you make it out to be, unless it is well organized and meticulous the organized retreat could turn into a full fledged route.

If you waste that much money on your shoulders, they shouldn't die :palm:
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Unilisia wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Still, even light losses for my nation are horrific. Me losing 500 soldiers is like you losing 5,000 soldiers, due to the amount I spend on each soldier. Also, pulling out isn't as simple as you make it out to be, unless it is well organized and meticulous the organized retreat could turn into a full fledged route.

So you do not expect to lose 5,000 soldiers in a war? You really are optimistic. Also, I would like to reiterate the point that all they need to do to get our support is to join the damn alliance. If them not joining the alliance is more importance than them preserving slavery, and/or their independence, why do we even want them in the alliance. Also, 90% of the countries with slavery deserve to be conquered, they are poorly lead, and often, downright shit holes.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Unilisia wrote:

So you do not expect to lose 5,000 soldiers in a war? You really are optimistic. Also, I would like to reiterate the point that all they need to do to get our support is to join the damn alliance. If them not joining the alliance is more importance than them preserving slavery, and/or their independence, why do we even want them in the alliance. Also, 90% of the countries with slavery deserve to be conquered, they are poorly lead, and often, downright shit holes.

I haven't lost 5,000 soldiers in a war in 400 years, and I don't expect too unless I am go against a worthy adversary.

And, I partially agree. Shit-holes need to be plugged, but the concept must live on.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Unilisia wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:So you do not expect to lose 5,000 soldiers in a war? You really are optimistic. Also, I would like to reiterate the point that all they need to do to get our support is to join the damn alliance. If them not joining the alliance is more importance than them preserving slavery, and/or their independence, why do we even want them in the alliance. Also, 90% of the countries with slavery deserve to be conquered, they are poorly lead, and often, downright shit holes.

I haven't lost 5,000 soldiers in a war in 400 years, and I don't expect too unless I am go against a worthy adversary.

And, I partially agree. Shit-holes need to be plugged, but the concept must live on.

Who the hell did you face? Great Valencia or whatever his name is? Whoever you fought in wars must be pretty damn incompetent to kill less than 5,000 soldiers.

Also, slavery will live on in us, and competently lead states. If a country where 90% of the people are slaves that are beaten by their masters for the lulz on a daily basis is invaded, we should help invade their nation, and remove their stain from the earth.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:57 pm

My men arent the POSes your making them out to be. Yes, you probably spend some more on them then I do mine but that doesnt make them all that much better. 500 to 5,000? Thats like you comparing your special forces to my conscripts. Give me a break, Im not a communist clone freak who thinks half his pop can be his army and still give them the bestestar training evar. I learned how to manage and form my army from you so bleh.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Onyenu wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Still, even light losses for my nation are horrific. Me losing 500 soldiers is like you losing 5,000 soldiers, due to the amount I spend on each soldier. Also, pulling out isn't as simple as you make it out to be, unless it is well organized and meticulous the organized retreat could turn into a full fledged route.

My men arent the POSes your making them out to be. Yes, you probably spend some more on them then I do mine but that doesnt make them all that much better. 500 to 5,000? Thats like you comparing your special forces to my conscripts. Give me a break, Im not a communist clone freak who thinks half his pop can be his army and still give them the bestestar training evar. I learned how to manage and form my army from you so bleh.

Indeed. Generalizing is idiotic in this world of ours. My armed forces pack a punch, but they aren't 2 billion million bajillion people with lazorz and newks.

Provided, we do have nuclear weapons. But the point is not everyone here runs around godmodding.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Onyenu wrote:

I spend around $1 million on each person in the military per year, basic training is 30 weeks, and has a 70% failure rate, my army is probably the most over trained and over equipped army in NS that isn't total wank. 500 of my guys against 5,000 of yours guys would probably be a win for you, but my guys cost about 10 times as much to train and equip as most soldiers, so the investment lost in me losing 500 soldiers is similar to the investment most nations would lose from losing 5,000 soldiers.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Onyenu wrote:

I spend around $1 million on each person in the military per year, basic training is 30 weeks, and has a 70% failure rate, my army is probably the most over trained and over equipped army in NS that isn't total wank. 500 of my guys against 5,000 of yours guys would probably be a win for you, but my guys cost about 10 times as much to train and equip as most soldiers, so the investment lost in me losing 500 soldiers is similar to the investment most nations would lose from losing 5,000 soldiers.

If they are that well trained, and you give them a bunch of fancy crap, they shouldn't die in the first place.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Unilisia wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:I spend around $1 million on each person in the military per year, basic training is 30 weeks, and has a 70% failure rate, my army is probably the most over trained and over equipped army in NS that isn't total wank. 500 of my guys against 5,000 of yours guys would probably be a win for you, but my guys cost about 10 times as much to train and equip as most soldiers, so the investment lost in me losing 500 soldiers is similar to the investment most nations would lose from losing 5,000 soldiers.

If they are that well trained, and you give them a bunch of fancy crap, they shouldn't die in the first place.

Soldiers die, it happens. I may kill tens of thousands of enemy soldiers for each hundred men lost, but I suffer losses because I am not a godmodder.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:25 pm

That's definitely a different way to go ASE but I see you logic and I apologize.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Unilisia wrote:

Soldiers die, it happens. I may kill tens of thousands of enemy soldiers for each hundred men lost, but I suffer losses because I am not a godmodder.

Yes, people die, but if all of your soldiers are practically special forces, then they shouldn't die in anything larger than 100 in a small-scale invasion.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Unilisia wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Soldiers die, it happens. I may kill tens of thousands of enemy soldiers for each hundred men lost, but I suffer losses because I am not a godmodder.

Yes, people die, but if all of your soldiers are practically special forces, then they shouldn't die in anything larger than 100 in a small-scale invasion.

Who said it is a small scale invasion? This is NS, where a small scale invasion involves a couple hundred thousand soldiers, in such an incident I would be outnumbered by a lot, and no matter how good soldiers are, they can be overwhelmed, especially by NS armies that have no fear.

Briarcliffe Falls
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Briarcliffe Falls » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:40 pm

I'd like to join as a full member.
Last edited by Briarcliffe Falls on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Unilisia wrote:

Who said it is a small scale invasion? This is NS, where a small scale invasion involves a couple hundred thousand soldiers, in such an incident I would be outnumbered by a lot, and no matter how good soldiers are, they can be overwhelmed, especially by NS armies that have no fear.

:palm:

Not gonna argue. If you don't want to send troops, you don't have too. Nobody is making you do a damned thing.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Briarcliffe Falls wrote:I'd like to join as a full member.

Approved

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents