NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Tax Act (Bill: 17-3351 -- Tax on Religions)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Imperial Tax Act (Bill: 17-3351 -- Tax on Religions)

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:43 pm

SECRET IC:
SCENE: Shazbotdom Imperial Parliament

It's day 5 of what would be the largest debate in the House of the Senate within the Imperial Parliament for the past 3 years. The debate was for Parilamentary Bill #17-3351, the Imperial Tax Act of 2017. The act would adjust taxes throughout the Empire, dropping some taxes as well as raising others. But the majority of the debate was about the new Tax. This would be a 15% tax on all income for specific special interest groups; and it was not biding well with several of the Senators.
"...the people will not stand for this new Tax," says an unnamed Senator from the Shazbotdom Colony of Alraibris. "It's just unnessicary to pass this new Tax Act. I encourage my fellow Senator's to vote down this bill and ensure that the people of the Empire do not have to open up their pocket books for any more unwarranted taxes!"

A gavel hits the podium up at the head of the chambers as the President Pro-Temp of the Senate tries to gain order. "Order, we will ahve order." he slams the gavel a few mroe times. "If you have read this Bill, Senator, you will know that this does nto levy any more taxes upon the citizentry of the Empire, but upon groups that continue to 'earn' money by getting it from the citizentry of the Empire through means of 'givings' within their buildings."

"It's unwarranted!" the same unnamed Senator yells. "The people of Alraibris voted for me so I can vote down unwarranted pieces of legsilation like this!"

"I said ORDER!" the President Pro-Temp yelled. "Another outburst like this will result in your removal from the chambers." He nodded over to a tech guy on the side, who gave a curt nod back. "Ladies and gentlmen, the floor is closed to debate. You are now ordered to vote on the panel in front of you."

25 minutes later...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, voting has now ended and the results are in." He then pushes a button and the results appear on the screen behind him as the Seal of the Shazbotdom Empire disappears. "With a vote of 56 For, 16 Against and 3 Abstain; the bill passes and is on it's way to the Supreme Emperor for signing."

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE SUPREME EMPEROR
MR LARRY WILLIAMS

Ladies and Gentlmen of the Shazbotdom Empire and the People of the World,
It pleases me today to anounce the passing of Imperial Parliamentary Bill Number 17-3351. It would shift around the current Tax Bracket quite a bit. This bill has brought a lot of debate to both houses of Parliament, as well as talk radio, television shows and even as far as hundreds upon hundreds of Internet Debate forums throughout the Shazbotdom Empire. A substantial amount of it about the alteration of many of the taxes within the Empire, but the major points that came through on the debates would be the addition of a new Tax on Special Interest Groups.
Many of the members of the House of the Senate have been that it goes against the very principle of the Secularist Government of the Empire. The addition of this new tax levels a 15% tax on all places of worship. This includes all churches and places of worship within all the Colonies of the Shazbotdom Empire. We expect within the first month after this new Tax goes into effect to make more than B$1.5 Trillion in increased revinue that will go towards Infristructure Improvements throughout the Empire.
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Thu May 05, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Courtsland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Courtsland » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 pm

"This is down right evil and dreadful. Your government institution is going to far in their peoples personal freedom and lives. A 15% tax is horrible and degrading to an advanced society as yours. This needs to enrage the people and choke to crooked supporters and defenders of this law. You are turning your country down a slope to dictatorship. But its your choice how you rule your country. I feel for all of the religions effected by this. It is a mockery. The God of the people will find a way to keep these houses of worship flourishing and going with this new 15% tax. Courtsland will create a SAVE RELIGIOUS FREEDOM FUND we will fund 5000 courts(dollars) a year to each house of worship that applies. We will also hope and ask that the government rethink this catastrophic event and law that they have passed! "Will a man rob God?" You can answer that you have! We will support this religious houses of worship financially, and in prayer. "

Humbly Submitted;
Her Holy Imperial Majesty,
ArcBishop Of Courtsland
Dr. Elizabeth Dorinda
"God You're Awesome!"
"Empire by the People, for the People!"
"Reach out on faith, Break your Reality!"
Courtsland

Monarch's Quotes Peace is a dream of Heaven. War is a reality of Earth and Hell we live for it!
Our Leaders
Holy Imperial Bishop-Bishop Dr. Ian Courts
Vice Holy Imperial Bishop- Bishop Dr. Nathan Mykes
Holy Imperial Head Elder- Elder Dr. Mary Jackson

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:17 pm

The Great Celtic Federation of Ceannairceach
To: Emperor Larry Williams

Before I start with the actual message, I have been advised to have this disclaimer. You see, I have a habit of slightly insulting fellow leaders for one reason or anther. All I say is in good fun, and i mean nothing of it. Well, maybe a little...

Now, I am thoroughly disappointed in your empire. How dare you, sir, how dare you. This law is simply terrible.

And by that, I mean i am disappointed that your government didn't pass this ages ago. Really, one would think that a modern nation would have done this already, as it is only fair. Corporations worship money, and we tax them to an extent, so why not tax churches? I myself am just signing the check handing over fifteen percent of the income of the Union of Reincarnationism.

Seriously though, I applaud that you have finally done this. A true step forward into the modern world, were you not there already. And if you are, then its a even larger step into the future.

Best of luck. Those religious nuts will be up your hide in a moments notice.

Markus A. Lindon

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:47 am

Courtsland wrote:"This is down right evil and dreadful. Your government institution is going to far in their peoples personal freedom and lives. A 15% tax is horrible and degrading to an advanced society as yours. This needs to enrage the people and choke to crooked supporters and defenders of this law. You are turning your country down a slope to dictatorship. But its your choice how you rule your country. I feel for all of the religions effected by this. It is a mockery. The God of the people will find a way to keep these houses of worship flourishing and going with this new 15% tax. Courtsland will create a SAVE RELIGIOUS FREEDOM FUND we will fund 5000 courts(dollars) a year to each house of worship that applies. We will also hope and ask that the government rethink this catastrophic event and law that they have passed! "Will a man rob God?" You can answer that you have! We will support this religious houses of worship financially, and in prayer. "

Humbly Submitted;
ArcBishop Of Courtsland
Dr. Elizabeth Dorinda

MR LARRY WILLIAMS

I do not understand why you are throwing such a big deal about our levying a insubstancial percentage of tax against Houes of Worship? Taxes on corporations around the globe are far more than what we have decided to put on Houses of Worship within the Shazbotdom Empire. The most difficult problem that I can see with your messege is that you act like the money from Places of Worship is 'sacred' for some odd, twisted, sick and derranged reason. Really, what do Places of Worship need with gaining Trillions of Dollars a year? Especially if their output back into the community is nearly a fraction of what they earn, and their operating costs are also nearly a fraction of what they earn.
It was the decision of the House Committee on Economic Development that with what they earn throughout the year, they are not considered 'sacred' by any means, but a place of business. While not a Corporation requring extensive taxation on it's profits, it does requite some sort of Taxation on the profits of the business entity. Therefore I will ask you, Kind Dr. Elizabeth Dorinda, to watch your tongue. I am also, after reading your message to us in regards to this 'Save Religious Freedom' fund, putting a moritorium on all monitary transaction taking place between the Religious Insitutions within the Shazbotdom Empire and any foreign Corporation or Nation under Executive Order #58. if any church within the Empire is found to go against this Executive Order, said Church will recieve a fine as dictated by the Internal Revinue Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)

Courtsland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Courtsland » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:42 am

Shazbotdom wrote:
Courtsland wrote:"This is down right evil and dreadful. Your government institution is going to far in their peoples personal freedom and lives. A 15% tax is horrible and degrading to an advanced society as yours. This needs to enrage the people and choke to crooked supporters and defenders of this law. You are turning your country down a slope to dictatorship. But its your choice how you rule your country. I feel for all of the religions effected by this. It is a mockery. The God of the people will find a way to keep these houses of worship flourishing and going with this new 15% tax. Courtsland will create a SAVE RELIGIOUS FREEDOM FUND we will fund 5000 courts(dollars) a year to each house of worship that applies. We will also hope and ask that the government rethink this catastrophic event and law that they have passed! "Will a man rob God?" You can answer that you have! We will support this religious houses of worship financially, and in prayer. "

Humbly Submitted;
ArcBishop Of Courtsland
Dr. Elizabeth Dorinda

MR LARRY WILLIAMS

I do not understand why you are throwing such a big deal about our levying a insubstancial percentage of tax against Houes of Worship? Taxes on corporations around the globe are far more than what we have decided to put on Houses of Worship within the Shazbotdom Empire. The most difficult problem that I can see with your messege is that you act like the money from Places of Worship is 'sacred' for some odd, twisted, sick and derranged reason. Really, what do Places of Worship need with gaining Trillions of Dollars a year? Especially if their output back into the community is nearly a fraction of what they earn, and their operating costs are also nearly a fraction of what they earn.
It was the decision of the House Committee on Economic Development that with what they earn throughout the year, they are not considered 'sacred' by any means, but a place of business. While not a Corporation requring extensive taxation on it's profits, it does requite some sort of Taxation on the profits of the business entity. Therefore I will ask you, Kind Dr. Elizabeth Dorinda, to watch your tongue. I am also, after reading your message to us in regards to this 'Save Religious Freedom' fund, putting a moritorium on all monitary transaction taking place between the Religious Insitutions within the Shazbotdom Empire and any foreign Corporation or Nation under Executive Order #58. if any church within the Empire is found to go against this Executive Order, said Church will recieve a fine as dictated by the Internal Revinue Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.

Very well then. As I stated you run your country the way you want to. I would just like to help these religious institutions is that illegal in your country helping? If you disregard my opinion why did you post the article in a Christian Charter meeting? Do not tell me to what my tongue I am a leader of a nation and I am not subject to anyone but my God and my people! No Foreign leader will tell me to watch my tongue.You run your nation like you want to just keep in mind that you do not know what will result of this in the long run.

Humbly Submitted,
ArcBishop Of Courtsland
Dr. Elizabeth Dorinda Of The Courts Dynasty
Last edited by Courtsland on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"God You're Awesome!"
"Empire by the People, for the People!"
"Reach out on faith, Break your Reality!"
Courtsland

Monarch's Quotes Peace is a dream of Heaven. War is a reality of Earth and Hell we live for it!
Our Leaders
Holy Imperial Bishop-Bishop Dr. Ian Courts
Vice Holy Imperial Bishop- Bishop Dr. Nathan Mykes
Holy Imperial Head Elder- Elder Dr. Mary Jackson

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:03 pm

BUMP

Tosmaldevo
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tosmaldevo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:08 am

The South Vencailene Prefecture of Tosmaldevo
State Communication

To: Office of the Supreme Emperor, the Shazbotdom Empire.
Encryption: 0%

To the addressed,
The Tosvanne State inquires if Vencailene churches within Shazbotdom will be subject to the regulations of the Imperial Tax Act so that it will be enabled to pay the monetary sum equivalent to 15% for these establishments, whether in a direct payment to the Imperial state or through additional financial funding of these churches. Tosmaldevo requests that Shazbotdom does not prohibit any payments in regards to this tax act from the Tosvanne State, on the understanding it limits the revenue of the Imperial state and the ability of Vencailene worshippers to engage in religious activities due to the already inadequate finances of foreign Vencailene churches that has resulted in these establishments becoming increasingly oversubsidised by the state.
Aemilianius Nera
Prefect of the Tosvannes
Last edited by Tosmaldevo on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents