NATION

PASSWORD

NS Special Forces/Operations Training Arena

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altimaea
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altimaea » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
Altimaea wrote:Let me clarify, the suit has a capacitor in it which is recharged by converting kinetic energy to electric. This is totally feasible. Its also not the type of exo skeleton you think it is. It is more of an exo muscular structure. It works similar to a muscle in that metal fibers "contract" which gives added force to the appendage. These metallic fibers are only on key muscles such as biceps, shoulders,abdomen, and quads. It is also a passive system used only when the extra force is needed. A fairly rudimentary system but it has to be for MT purposes.

... no, because your electric energy is used to create most of that kinetic energy. Hence, it would run out of power due to energy conservation laws.

It's not MT. MT is now. That isn't now; give me an example of practically employed artificial muscular replicators.

Yes it will run out of power eventually if it is used a bunch. it is passive though so it isn't always in use. The KE to electric thing works like this and remember that the exoskeleton part is not active, your body lifts your foot using calories stored in your body as various proteins and lipids. Your leg now has potential energy because it now in a rest position. Most people don't slap their feet down as the walk, we let gravity do it for us, this converts PE into KE. Your foot hits the ground and transfers its KE to the ground which usually gives a little. In this system there are small KE converters in the sole of the soldiers boot which absorb and convert KE into electricity (think of a Dr.Scholes type thing as a concept for this). Course this isn't perpetual motion because some energy IS absorbed by the ground and also some is dissipated as heat (due to friction). This isn't new technology, just look at what some kids run around with on Halloween, you know, those crank flashlights. Your arm supplies KE which is used to due work which works the generating mechanism which supplies the power. The muscular replicator part is the sketchyist part but it is fairly simple, basically a small reel winds or unwinds the metal strands which draws the limb closer or lets it slack. A Microprossessor determines when it needs to be active. The whole system minus the battery weighs only 10 pounds, and the battery is usually stored in the soldiers backpack. Using my system it is only feasible to use it on limbs in ways that all it needs is to bend to back/forward. It doesn't increase everything. Also keep in mind that MT in NSG is current year+2. I also have an LOLhuge military budget to spend on this kind of stuff (12.0 trillion according to NS Economy and that is only what I release to the public ;) ) and if the U.S. put serious money into these systems this ^^^ stuff is quite feasible. These are only deployed to my S.P.A.R.T.A.N.s as the system is rather expensive and requires some specific training to use.
DEFCON
1 2 3 [4] 5
I am the Northern Guardian of Judea!
JUDEAZ OFFICIAL KEEPER OF TEH COOKIEZ
Castleclose wrote:
Hannait wrote:To: kettle@cookware.com
Re: blackness

Beauty is only pixels deep, while bad gameplay/design goes straight to the source code ~ Harlequin

Solm~"Ninja'd by Alty.™"
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
Map
Judea

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:44 pm

I wholly disagree with you, unfortunately. Assuming that 'if nations spend more money on this kind of thing' will make it practically feasible is idiocy; look at nuclear fusion. On a more practical level, I can assure you that various private corporations spend huge amounts of money on robotics research; a system of this kind that isn't too large to both use practically and remotely power is out of the question.

Now go PMT, or get out.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I want to be a Monitor!
ROAR!

Nation Name: Dimoniquid.
Preffered Thread to watch: Any that needs to be kept in line. -Holds whip-
Would you like to RP the militia in that thread?: Sure.
Time Zone: GMT.

Wewtlandem
Minister

Founded: Jun 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wewtlandem » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Nation Name: The Metal Head Oligarchy of Wewtlandem
Special Forces Team name: Wewt Republican Guard Unit Blue Sky 322
Prefered Aleigance (Red/Blue): Blue
Number of operatives (Max 10): 8
Operatives names and ranks: Colonel Robert Longshire, Captain Brent Stratter, 2nd Lieutenant Pete Hence, 2nd Lieutenant Zach Rocks, Sergeant L.J. Jones, Sergeant Rick Hines, Sergeant Warren Hardit, Sergeant Ronnie Hayes.
Weapons and skills: Silenced MP-5 ( 3 ), AK-107 ( 3 ), FN-FAL ( 2 ). Skilled in all areas of combat, trained to handle all situations.
Preffered Battleground (From the list): Spying Installation
Time Zone: EST
Tech Level (FT, PMT, MT): MT

Altimaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altimaea » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Anemos Major wrote:I wholly disagree with you, unfortunately. Assuming that 'if nations spend more money on this kind of thing' will make it practically feasible is idiocy; look at nuclear fusion. On a more practical level, I can assure you that various private corporations spend huge amounts of money on robotics research; a system of this kind that isn't too large to both use practically and remotely power is out of the question.

Now go PMT, or get out.

Nuclear fusion is going to be impossible for a pretty long time, this isn't impossible in the slightest. Your logic fails. Now what does remotely power mean? Mine is fairly simple (how is a reel and some wire complicated?) and your wrong, if the U.S. military invested more than just a couple million dollars into this type of technology and there wasn't a bunch of bureaucrats and wasteful spending then we would have it by now. MT isn't just about using what real nations have, you can use current technology to make your own stuff. This isnt unrealistic just look. That thing is even MORE powerful than mine and its real! I'm not going Heinlein on you either, so stop bitching and live with it. If you weren't creative enough/didnt know enough about basic physics thats your problem. Like I said, these things are used on only, although the real number is classified, about 500 soldiers. I honestly fail to see your point and I have given a perfectly reasonable explanation of the science behind the system. I honestly don't see what the big deal here is. What authority do you have anyways?

P.S. Look at the USSR and the USA. If you spend more on technology, you get better technology.
Last edited by Altimaea on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DEFCON
1 2 3 [4] 5
Castleclose wrote:

Beauty is only pixels deep, while bad gameplay/design goes straight to the source code ~ Harlequin

Solm~"Ninja'd by Alty.™"
Map
Judea

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Well, if you're going to use Wikipedia as a source, perhaps you may want to take a look at this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton

At the end of the fifth paragraph:

"While these technologies are clearly over the horizon in terms of current machine and material science, DARPA is actively pursuing a multi-million dollar program "Concepts of Operations for Exoskeletons for Human Performance Augmentation (EHPA)" to develop them."

Battery packs can only support operations for less than 3 hours. Using them in a special operations environment, not to mention a combat one, would be absolute idiocy.

And I assure you, your idea of using electricity to create movement to create electricity is physically ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_conservation_of_energy

I think it's you who has too much creativity and too little an understanding of physics. I'm not telling you that I have the authority to suppress your imagination. I'm simply telling you that, as a member of this RPing community, your creativity is not welcome in MT; if you don't like it, you can change, or you can clear off to PMT. Either way, you're wrong, and the facts are against you.
Last edited by Anemos Major on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altimaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altimaea » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Your not reading what I'm saying or your not understanding. The system is PASSIVE as in it is consuming no electricity. It uses electricity when you use it. Hypothetical situation: Squad is moving along a street, building is hit by a rocket and girder falls on squad. One man is pinned so his mate uses his exoskeleton to lift girder off of pinned teammate. System shuts off after 10 seconds of inactivity (defined as no exertion requiring extra strength) Soldier carries injured teammate out of the combat zone, the force of HIS own muscles raise his feet to generate PE. The force of his foot hitting the ground powered by GRAVITY generates KE some of which drives the converters which CONVERTS some of the energy to electric energy which is added to the batteries charge. So yes, in a specop situation it is definitely practical since your not using it moving through the combat zone which means that as long as your body has sufficient calories to walk SOME of that energy will be CONVERTED to electricity. The exo skeletons you are referring to are active systems as in they are always on. My system only has benefits for people who are especially fit and well trained. I'm not saying I have a giant army of starship troopers wielding super lazor shotties :p. Now if your going to continue spewing how much you think you know about the first law of thermodynamics then go ahead. What I'm proposing is not beyond the Ken of current technology.

P.S. Did you notice that the DOD spends only multi millions? Well guess what, I spend multi BILLIONS. Money can't break the laws of physics (cold fusion) but it can refine current technology quite bit. (so long as it isn't wasted.) If you're going to vs me in retrieve the spy then I won't use them because I don't want to listen to you little "physics lectures" if your not then what do you care? If you still don't understand why or how this system is feasible then to bad, Im not explaining it anymore to closed ears. Its not like my nation is using plasma shields and high energy lasers...
DEFCON
1 2 3 [4] 5
Castleclose wrote:

Solm~"Ninja'd by Alty.™"
Map
Judea

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Anemos Major wrote:Well, if you're going to use Wikipedia as a source, perhaps you may want to take a look at this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton

At the end of the fifth paragraph:

"While these technologies are clearly over the horizon in terms of current machine and material science, DARPA is actively pursuing a multi-million dollar program "Concepts of Operations for Exoskeletons for Human Performance Augmentation (EHPA)" to develop them."

Battery packs can only support operations for less than 3 hours. Using them in a special operations environment, not to mention a combat one, would be absolute idiocy.

And I assure you, your idea of using electricity to create movement to create electricity is physically ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_conservation_of_energy

I think it's you who has too much creativity and too little an understanding of physics. I'm not telling you that I have the authority to suppress your imagination. I'm simply telling you that, as a member of this RPing community, your creativity is not welcome in MT; if you don't like it, you can change, or you can clear off to PMT. Either way, you're wrong, and the facts are against you.

Pretty much have to agree with every thing said by Anemos Major.

Not going to beat a dead horse, so all I am going to say, is change your stance to PMT or please stop posting in here.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Altimaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altimaea » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Alright fine, I won't use it. But if you would please explain what EXACTLY is wrong after thoroughly reading my explanations that would be most helpful.
DEFCON
1 2 3 [4] 5
Castleclose wrote:

Solm~"Ninja'd by Alty.™"
Map
Judea

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Dimoniquid wrote:I want to be a Monitor!
ROAR!

Nation Name: Dimoniquid.
Preffered Thread to watch: Any that needs to be kept in line. -Holds whip-
Would you like to RP the militia in that thread?: Sure.
Time Zone: GMT.

Accepted

Wewtlandem wrote:Nation Name: The Metal Head Oligarchy of Wewtlandem
Special Forces Team name: Wewt Republican Guard Unit Blue Sky 322
Prefered Aleigance (Red/Blue): Blue
Number of operatives (Max 10): 8
Operatives names and ranks: Colonel Robert Longshire, Captain Brent Stratter, 2nd Lieutenant Pete Hence, 2nd Lieutenant Zach Rocks, Sergeant L.J. Jones, Sergeant Rick Hines, Sergeant Warren Hardit, Sergeant Ronnie Hayes.
Weapons and skills: Silenced MP-5 ( 3 ), AK-107 ( 3 ), FN-FAL ( 2 ). Skilled in all areas of combat, trained to handle all situations.
Preffered Battleground (From the list): Spying Installation
Time Zone: EST
Tech Level (FT, PMT, MT): MT
]

Accepted
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Guys that I am moderating: Sorry about the wait, I would post now, but I have reached a point in New Vegas that is very difficult (morally, not game wise), so my attention is else where right now.

IM, I know your big into Fallout, so if you want to know what it is TG me and I'll tell you there. The short of it is, I just skipped like 2 main story line quests by accident and ended up at the last quest with only a level 7 or 8 person. I don't know what to do!
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."-Oscar Wilde

Defcon 5: Pax Hegstoriana
Defcon 4: Ehh, things are pretty good, but a bit heated
Defcon 3: War seems near, but not at the moment, and far from the mind
Defcon 2: Get a helmet
Defcon 1: Put on said helmet

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

Map: -currently under a redesign-

Size: 7,825,600 km^2

Life Expectancy: 84.59 years Courtesy of Unibot

Alliances: Skyguard Defense Network

embassy program

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Open the dev console and type in 'tgm' as you do with most Bethesda-based games?

Either that, or do the wise thing. Make all the evil karma decisions. You tend to make more money.

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Nuclear dealings is up viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=76513
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."-Oscar Wilde

Defcon 5: Pax Hegstoriana
Defcon 4: Ehh, things are pretty good, but a bit heated
Defcon 3: War seems near, but not at the moment, and far from the mind
Defcon 2: Get a helmet
Defcon 1: Put on said helmet

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

Map: -currently under a redesign-

Size: 7,825,600 km^2

Life Expectancy: 84.59 years Courtesy of Unibot

Alliances: Skyguard Defense Network

embassy program

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents