NATION

PASSWORD

Should we give them their independence?

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alyxandreta
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Should we give them their independence?

Postby Alyxandreta » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:50 pm

ooc: I do know that, I've grown up with muslim friends and friends of other religions and cultures. but I'm merely placing a radical form of Islam as the antagonist right now, by saying the extremist leaders are manipulating those muslims who want independence into doing their bidding.

Islam is a religion of power and passion, it can stir up emotions for good and bad.

ic:

The summit held provisional talks between recently appointed Sinai representatives Mohammed Hussein of the Sinapurum Republican Party & Rashid Bin Faisal of the Sinapurum People's Council.

"Greetings gentlemen, my name is Gustav Carter, I am the chief envoy to Sinapurum during this crisis and the following talks. Please allow me to be frank, I am here to resolve and hopefully retain the Alyxandretan rule on Sinapurum but the King & premier including Imperial Council have given me 100% approval of any final resolution we do herby agree upon. Every side MUST agree on a final conclusion even if it gives the state of Sinapurum more freedom, we shall work together for the greater good. Now gentlemen. the conference awaits us."

OOC: IF YOU WNAT TO BE PART OF THIS CONFERENCE PLEASE OOC YOUR INTENTION TO JOIN. ONLY 12 SPACES AVAILABLE.

Kinitaria
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinitaria » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:57 pm

(Kinitaria cabled it's intention to join the summit)
Technocratic State of Kinitaria | capital: Mi'ato | RP population: 145 million | demonym: Kinitar
trigramme: KIN | colours: blue and yellow | languages: Kinitar (de facto) and English | island nation | MT
Weather in Mi'ato | Litora | Serenberg

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26

Champions: Baptism of Fire 47 | Hosts: Baptism of Fire 52 (with Legalese), Cup of Harmony 60 (with Kazamatsuri), AOCAF 43

Alyxandreta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyxandreta » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:05 pm

The first nation to confirm it's participation in this summit was Kinitaria. It's envoy would arrive tomorrow at noon in the Alyxandretan capital, Alexandria.

Leavatia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Leavatia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Alyxandreta wrote:ooc: I do know that, I've grown up with muslim friends and friends of other religions and cultures. but I'm merely placing a radical form of Islam as the antagonist right now, by saying the extremist leaders are manipulating those muslims who want independence into doing their bidding.

Islam is a religion of power and passion, it can stir up emotions for good and bad.

True true true, and very well put.
Government of Leavatia:

Leavatia is an absolute monarchy. The Empress has total control over everything in the country, including businesses (only in times of emergency). Then there is an Overseers Council with 2 Imperial Overseers from each state (13 states) in the country. The Imperial Overseers are elected every 2 years. Although they are suppose to be the people voice in the government, they are merely her majesties puppets who have very little power in the government.

Alyxandreta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyxandreta » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:58 pm

It seemed whilst the diplomacy was beginning in Alexandria the tensions in Sinapurum were quietening down for now, with both sides of the opposition getting ready for the Sinai holy day, a tradition that predates the islamic cultural shift on the island.

This festival celebrates the birth of Omani Sinai, the ancient ruler of this once prosperous island who brought together the various warring tribes and unified them into one single identity.

How ironic it is this man who now stands as a symbol for both secession and self rule and the importance of uniting together and with Alyxandreta.

Alyxandreta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyxandreta » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 am

"As far as self rule goes back, the Sinai nation of Sinapurum has not been ruled by an indigenous king for nearly 1000 years after being conquered by the armies of old Alyxandreta, the descendants of the last king were given the titles of Duke of Sinai. But various degrees of autonomy have been granted to the nation as well as rescinded after various kings wielded their own grasp of power. Now as this reporter sees it, there are several options available to the summit members, and they are as follows"

- Alyxandretan rule remains, Sinapurum elects governor to Imperial Council.
- Alyxandretan rule but Sinapurum has it's own regional council to which they govern the island
- Alyxandretan rule. Sinapurum make it's own laws & governs itself but remains apart of the Empire.
- Co-Rule. A joint head of state for the island consisting of a democratically elected Sinapurum governor & an Alyxandretan one.
- Complete self rule but remains in commonwealth. No Alyxandretan governor, nation becomes independent but relies on empire for aid, military assistance and protection.
- Complete secession & independence. No Alyxandretan interference whatsoever, appoints a president and own parliament and can even declare war against ALyxandretan nation.

"Now this reporter understands there may be a problem with these choices as there is not one that all the preliminary members can agree on, some even are suggesting alternatives to these choices"

- Islamic Republic of Sinapurum
- Emirate of Sinai
- Republic of Sinapurum & The Sinai people.

"These are merely names that our sources say have been considered, but let us not forget, the nation still has a lot to decide & one of the representatives of the Sinai is actually a descendant of the last Sinai king which may add spice to this already volatile conference"

Great Carnwadric
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Carnwadric » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 am

Hold a referendum!

Alyxandreta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyxandreta » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:51 am

We wish to get the opinion of the world beforehand.
A referendum is a very good option for the people.

ooc: btw.... how do I make a poll? telegram me if possible.

Alyxandreta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyxandreta » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:28 am

ooc: this is the thread for the referendum/debate on Alyxandreta/Sinapurum referendum.

viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=7787&p=257948#p257948

courtesy of Great Carnwadric

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents