NATION

PASSWORD

Sword of Eden OOC Thread (Designing a Better War)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:07 am

Orlkjestad wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:
Sure, but why? You've absolutely no reason to be interested in me, so what do you gain? I'm really not seeing it.

This we can work with.

Well, the main reason is to restabilize the region from inside. The 2nd is to steal cash and developments at the same time.

I can understand that, but, the region is going to be quite stable by the end of the RP, so, while ICly, I get where you're coming from, its not gonna work.

Kaukolastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaukolastan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:09 am

Maybe it's the 5AM thing doing me in (Damn New Years), but I don't think you and Trans are really communicating.

The main through-line of the SoE narrative is being/has been worked out through non-forum means. While there's a lot of good stuff still open, it's not in the core narrative (ie: invading). Peripheral involvement, or political involvement, sure, that's great. (Side Note: If some one is looking to buy that BCS Module, and wants to be Guerro's bidder, let me know.) Unfortunately, there's not any room for full national involvement, much less in the combat zone, unless you can answer several key questions:

Why are you sending in military forces? This is a full-on war, between a curb stomped but kinda-deserving-it little nation and a major power, over a resource most can't even use. Why would your nation decide to step into this mess, risk a breakdown in relations to a bloc of powers, over something so trivial, when diplomatic solutions are available, open, and probably far more effective? If you think you should send military forces, after performing a full, rational cost-benefit-analysis (ICly, of course), what kind would you send? What would you hope to accomplish that could not be done better/quicker/cheaper/easier/less-bloody with economic or political movements. All of this is moot, of course, if you're trying to take Brazul for yourself... that would be a bad idea. Bad OOC because the involved parties know the dance already, Bad IC because you'd call down all sorts of unholy fire on your head when this turned from "Ah, Transnapastain is just wrangling the natives into line" into "Oh, my, someone just decided to call into question the will of the entire Directorate Alliance and its ability to project power."

If you can successfully answer those questions to your own, and all of our satisfaction, we would LOVE to have your story roll onward. However, that is a mighty high bar to jump at this stage.

As Trans said, I recommend trying Descent into Darkness, or perhaps coming up with a new angle that doesn't involve gunmen on the ground in Brazul.

EDIT: TL;DR Summary: Why are you trying to invade? If it's to confront Trans directly, that's a Bad IdeaTM and also not in the RP's context. Trying to make off with the He3/Take Over falls into that category.
Last edited by Kaukolastan on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Kessler Initiative [Intergovernmental Organization; Open for Participation]
N. Enartio, Justifying his Nuclear Powered, "EMP Laser" Shooting, Nazi Flying Saucer wrote:It isn't bad, i used science.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:10 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Orlkjestad wrote:
Well, the main reason is to restabilize the region from inside. The 2nd is to steal cash and developments at the same time.

I can understand that, but, the region is going to be quite stable by the end of the RP, so, while ICly, I get where you're coming from, its not gonna work.

Well, give me an idea of what can work.
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:14 am

Just dropping in to say that I'm still here and still interested. The end of school and the holidays have hit my RPing pretty hard, but I hope to really pick up around mid-Jan.

Welcome back K-Stan btw.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:14 am

K-Stan...did you just trademark "that's a bad idea"?
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:15 am

Orlkjestad wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Well, give me an idea of what can work.

What K-Stan said, make sure you look at that,

And then, if you insist on bringing the pew-pew, I think private security is the only option.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:16 am

Tergnitz wrote:Just dropping in to say that I'm still here and still interested. The end of school and the holidays have hit my RPing pretty hard, but I hope to really pick up around mid-Jan.

Welcome back K-Stan btw.

Ok, well, if you run really fast, we aren't that far ahead of you in the tunnel :P

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:16 am

Licana wrote:K-Stan...did you just trademark "that's a bad idea"?

Subsidiary of FailCorp, Copyright MMXI FailCorp
Alert Levels

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:16 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Tergnitz wrote:Just dropping in to say that I'm still here and still interested. The end of school and the holidays have hit my RPing pretty hard, but I hope to really pick up around mid-Jan.

Welcome back K-Stan btw.

Ok, well, if you run really fast, we aren't that far ahead of you in the tunnel :P

Oh crap...I completely forgot about that! I have to kick in a door or something, don't I?
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:18 am

Licana wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Oh crap...I completely forgot about that! I have to kick in a door or something, don't I?

Would be nice...though Annette suggested shooting the lock... (though, we all know her knowledge of firearms and their uses is limited)

Kaukolastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaukolastan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:19 am

Welcome back K-Stan btw.

Thanks! Good to be back.

What can I say, I have no shame.
N. Enartio, Justifying his Nuclear Powered, "EMP Laser" Shooting, Nazi Flying Saucer wrote:It isn't bad, i used science.

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:19 am

Transnapastain wrote:

Welcome back K-Stan btw.

Or maybe i was secretly following you the entire time :eyebrow:

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:20 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Licana wrote:Oh crap...I completely forgot about that! I have to kick in a door or something, don't I?

Would be nice...though Annette suggested shooting the lock... (though, we all know her knowledge of firearms and their uses is limited)

I could tell the moment she said "shoot the lock or something" :p

Tergnitz wrote:Or maybe i was secretly following you the entire time :eyebrow:

Don't, you might trigger another flashback!
Last edited by Licana on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Kaukolastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaukolastan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:20 am

Orlkjestad wrote:

Subsidiary of FailCorp, Copyright MMXI FailCorp

Indeed!

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:21 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Orlkjestad wrote:Well, give me an idea of what can work.

And then, if you insist on bringing the pew-pew, I think private security is the only option.

Aww... But I liek the military! So, I'll just RP journalist reports causing general hate of the nation of Brazul and changes of vacation plans, along with the PMCs.
Alert Levels

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:22 am

Orlkjestad wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Aww... But I liek the military! So, I'll just RP journalist reports causing general hate of the nation of Brazul and changes of vacation plans, along with the PMCs.

1 Journo + 4 PMC bodyguards with plans of their own (see looting) = a whole heap of trouble.

That's what I call 3rd world nation math.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:26 am

-DELETED-
Last edited by Orlkjestad on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alert Levels

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:28 am

I kinda like Tergitz's idea! That would be interesting!

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:29 am

Orlkjestad wrote:
Tergnitz wrote:1 Journo + 4 PMC bodyguards with plans of their own (see looting) = a whole heap of trouble.

That's what I call 3rd world nation math.

Generally, the journalist won't broadcast saying "SIlver Star just robbed the bank", saying "the Bank of Brazul was robbed today by unknown assailants", to prevent that situation. Then again, the PMCs are secretive, so they'll do it secretly unless caught in the act.

Trust me, when it comes time for you to rob the bank, no one is going to give a shit. :P

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:32 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Orlkjestad wrote:Generally, the journalist won't broadcast saying "SIlver Star just robbed the bank", saying "the Bank of Brazul was robbed today by unknown assailants", to prevent that situation. Then again, the PMCs are secretive, so they'll do it secretly unless caught in the act.

Trust me, when it comes time for you to rob the bank, no one is going to give a shit. :P

*turns on news*
CORRUPT PMCS ROB CENTRAL BANK, MASSACRING ALL INSIDE!
"Eh."

Transnapastain wrote:I kinda like Tergitz's idea! That would be interesting!

You know what, I'm actually for that! Disregard my last post!
Alert Levels

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 am

Orlkjestad wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

*turns on news*
"Eh."

Transnapastain wrote:I kinda like Tergitz's idea! That would be interesting!

Now, mind you, ICly, for the time being, we'll be fine with you broadcasting the news as it is...however...things are going to happen, that I can not reveal, thats going to bring you into conflict with elements of my government that will want the news censored.

I'm just warning you is all.

Your first story can be us accidentally trapped all those people in that tunnel :P
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:35 am

Licana wrote:
Tergnitz wrote:Or maybe i was secretly following you the entire time :eyebrow:

Don't, you might trigger another flashback!

Yeah....we wouldnt want that, would we....

Orlkjestad wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:I kinda like Tergnitz's idea! That would be interesting!

Win!
Last edited by Tergnitz on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:35 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Orlkjestad wrote:*turns on news*
"Eh."

Now, mind you, ICly, for the time being, we'll be fine with you broadcasting the news as it is...however...things are going to happen, that I can not reveal, thats going to bring you into conflict with elements of my government that will want the news censored.

you're first story can be us accidentally trapped all those people in that tunnel :P

Like my poor, misguided war vet. :p
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:36 am

Licana wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

you're first story can be us accidentally trapped all those people in that tunnel :P

fuck him. My sweet, innocent school teacher makes a way better victim :P

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:38 am

Licana wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

And my cocaine addicted ex-cop....

Okay, maybe we should stick with the sympathetic war vet

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents