NATION

PASSWORD

Devastation in Griswall (MT-Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Devastation in Griswall (MT-Open)

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:37 am

OOC: I have been TGing another nation about this for a week now, so no one claim these attacks.

Griswall, Capital of the Republic of Licana
Intersection of 32nd and Main, Inside a black Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
Saturday, August 14th, 2014
10:48 AM

The inside of the van was crowed, all the space taken up by the seven men and their gear. It was so close, every last person in the van was wondering if time could possibly progress slower, denying them of their victory for any longer. A voice broke the silence.

"Henrik, what's going on, is the plan still in place?"
A man in his mid-30s seated in the front passenger seat turned around. His features were rough, with a long scar running down his cheek and another on his neck, with short, well-cut brown hair. He looked like the kind of man who's life had been plagued by war and destruction.
"Yes, Viktor, now quit worrying. Today is our day to take what is rightfully ours, once and for all."
There was a pause from the small man, who couldn't have been more than 21.
"Alright" he said, nervously.
Henrik looked directly at the boy, "It is likely that we will all die here, today"
There was a long pause, then Viktor looked up at Henrik. "I will not fail the motherland, not again."
Just then, the driver's cell phone rang, he picked it up and listened. Everyone in the van was tense, not making a single sound.
The driver set his phone down slowly, "It's time."

Griswall
Langley Street, Monorail station twelve
9:12 AM

A man in a well tailored business suit, walked up to the station platform carrying a large briefcase. This was not out of place, public transport services were the preferred method of travel for business men and women in Licana. The man waited patiently for the 9:30 monorail train to arrive and boarded it.

He found an empty bench and sat down, setting his large briefcase under the bench. He looked around, at the passengers of the train. One woman was tending to her crying child, while a man across from him just got of his cell phone. The last words that the business man heard from the man was "I'll be home soon, love you, bye." No doubt talking to a loved one. For two stops, the man in the business suit waited patiently, and it looked like he was going to do skip the next as well, but at the last moment he got up and walked off the train. The man across from him saw he had left his briefcase, and tried to return it to him.

The doors shut before he could get up though. Unfortunately, this would be the last act of kindness the man would ever make. As the train drifted down the tracks, about 150 meters from the station, it exploded. The explosion gutted the train and destroyed the tracks, sending debris raining down on cars and buildings underneath. The compartment that the briefcase was on, as well as the two next to it, were completely destroyed. No one in them survived.

As the man in the business suit walked quickly down the stairs to ground level, he pulled out his cell phone. After a single ring, the person he called answered it. Business suit man uttered one word "Indigo" and hung up. He unlocked a grey sedan in the parking lot near the stairs, and drove off. As the man was driving he pulled out his phone again, making a few more calls, all saying the same single word. After this task was done he pulled over, sufficiently far away from the monorail station. He took a large gulp of a bottle of water, found in the car, and look at the time. "10:52, right on schedule."

Griswall
89th street, Jester Delivery Company, garage 18.
10:52 AM

The large box-truck in garage 18 had been untouched for almost six months now. It's drive was fired and, due to cut backs in the budget, the local manager hadn't hired a replacement. However, today was different. The truck's engine started suddenly. Curious workers began to rush to the garage, afraid that someone was trying to steal a truck. The truck's engine let out a vicious roar, slamming through the closed garage doors and turning wildly onto the street. The workers, it looked like the truck had been stolen by some drunk. They paid no attention the mahogany sedan, that was waiting in front of their shop for almost a day now.

The sedan moved for the first time in nearly a day, following the truck. The two vehicles stayed within eyesight for almost a mile. The truck looked like it was driven by a drunk, swerving and slamming into nearby cars, and almost hit a nearby pedestrian. However, the truck soon came to a halt in the middle of an intersection. Most of the incoming traffic stopped before the light-post on the street. A few had stopped in the middle of the intersection, some even having to swerve to miss the massive truck. Two others were not so lucky, slamming into the truck and totaling their cars.

A man left his totaled car, watching in stunned disbelief as a mahogany sedan took a right turn and sped away from what the man thought to be a disaster zone. His idea of the word would soon be changed. He stood on top of his hood, looking over the window on the passenger side door in an attempt to give the driver "some friendly advice for driving". When he looked in, there was no driver and no passenger, only an odd apparatus connected to the wheel and the floor board, with wires running into the dashboard.

The man couldn't even formulate a thought as to what was going on before he was engulfed in a massive fireball. The box-truck had been packed to the brim with high explosives, and it had just detonated. The fireball engulfed the two cars that had crashed into it, and a third nearby SUV. The shock wave shattered windows and sent a man flying off his motorcycle. This, itself, caused only a small amount of damage, but the placement was what was important. This intersection was directly over a subway tunnel, and the explosion had caused the tunnel to collapse. The 11:15 train to the nearby station would go on to slam headfirst into a wall of dirt, cement, and asphalt.
Last edited by Licana on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Griswall
Griswall International Airport, Control Tower.
11:20 AM

It had been a quiet day at GIA. There hadn't been many flights coming in or going out. The staff at the control tower were settling down and hoping this would continue. Four of the staff up in the tower were having a casual conversation as they went about their duties
"Man, if only every day was like this."
"If only, guys, if only."
"Hey Jeremy, skies still clear?"
The meager early-20s radar operator responded "Save for a 767 about eighty miles away, a A380 at about twenty miles, and a few smaller aircraft, yeah."
"Wonderful, where is that 767 going?"
"Don't worry, looks like it's heading to Arnea."
"Awesome, the A380?"
"We're not that lucky."
"Hey, Perry, we have a little Cessna circling the airport? What's up with him?"
One of the radio operators, a large, slightly overweight man, spoke up.
"I don't know, I have been trying to get him on the radio, but he isn't responding."
"His radio's probably down."
"That's my guess."

Aboard the Cessna, the pilot's mind was racing. He had received the call almost half an hour ago, and still no response. He was starting to get worried, if he went in without conformation, he could cause a pointless scene that would be marked off as pilot error or simple terrorism. He was thinking about landing when his phone vibrated. He quickly picked it up, he heard only one word before the other end of the line hung up, "pheonix", his go sign. He pitched the plane over in a shallow diving turn and centered in on his target. He would cause maximum damage.

Back in the control tower, the casual chit-chat continued.
Hey, Jeremy, when do we have to get of our asses and hold that A380s hand down the runway?"
"About a minute."
"lovely."
A panicked voice broke the casual mood
"Oh my God! Look out!"
The little crew of four looked out the windows of the control tower in time to see the little Cessna's engine cowling before it slammed into the control tower, killing everyone inside and destroying all of the equipment. The wrecked husk of a plane tore through the tower, catching fire and slammed into the parking lot, destroying four parked vehicles. One of them, occupied a family planning to take a vacation.

Griswall
Government District, Prime Ministers office
10:58 AM

Prime Minister Harold Konan had yet to hear the news of the terrorist attacks, and was talking with a good friend of his.

"That was a wonderful dinner Harold, but I really must be going."
"So soon, a shame. Now I am going to have to drink this fine brandy by my self." Harold replied, with wide smile. His friend, Joshua Grendel, laughed and replied
"You know how to tempt me, but my fiancée will quite sore if I am late for this"
Harold sat back in his chair and poured a shot.
"I understand my friend, of course."
"Thank you Prime Minister"
Harold chuckled slightly "Oh, no need to be so formal, Joshua."
"well, if that's the case, can I borrow the Bentley?"
Harold looked up at his friend, amused at the request. "May I ask as to why?"
"Of course, my fiancée and I are going to quite an upscale place, and I will..."
He paused, looking noticeably nervous "be meeting her parents."
Harold laughed at this, Joshua and his lovely fiancée had been together for over six months now. He wondered how he could have avoided meeting them for so long. Perhaps it was because he was a fellow diplomat. Harold laughed even harder at this thought, but ceased when it seemed Joshua was taking offense.
"I'm sorry my friend, that just caught me off guard. Of course, just make sure you take care of it, that IS my favorite car."
He got opened his desk drawer and grabbed the keys to the Bentley, handing them politely to Joshua.
"Thank you Prime Minister"
"No problem, now get going, you wouldn't want to be late to this." Harold said, giving Joshua a friendly wink.
"Right, thank you again" Joshua said as he rushed out the door, towards the car park.

The Prime Minister took another shot of brandy, and leaned back in his chair. This day was going well, he didn't have to go anywhere, no big speeches, and he got to see his good friend. He smiled slightly, and he was drinking a damn good brandy. His peace was interrupted when the building promptly shook, followed by an ear-piercing bang. The Prime Minister jumped back to reality, following the escape protocol to the letter, meeting up with his guards and exiting toward the back of the building. As he left the building, the warm air whistled gently by his face. He looked up at the car park down the street. The fourth floor was in flames, on the side facing his building. The side he had parked his Bentley on. The Prime Minster was shuffled into a Black Land Rover, on the verge of tears, to be taken to one of the back up locations.

Griswall
Mall of Greater Griswall
11:36 AM

A black Mercedes-Benz Sprinter pulled into the parking lot, stopping near the east entrance in a handicapped parking zone. The back doors flung open and five men came out the back, armed with automatic rifles and shotguns and wearing ski masks. Another man came out of the passenger door and said "Kiril, go with Anatol and wait for the signal, the rest will follow me." The driver got out and ran off followed by one other. The other five men went into the mall.

One of them asked
"Is team two in postion"
The Leader, Henrik, replied
"Doesn't matter, if they are, then we will have a chance, if not, we die heroes."
They ran to the main floor, and stopped. Luckily, the east entrance was not being used right now as all of the parking outside of it was taken, they made it to the main floor without being spotted. The crowd in front of them was massive, there could have been a thousand people right there in front of them.
Henrik walked forward, carrying a M249 SAW. It was at this point people turned around, looking at the group in a mix of confusion and terror. Henrik was the one who broke the silence, yelling out "FIRE!" The crowd was peppered with rifle rounds and shotgun pellets. A large mass of people just fell to the ground, dead. The gunshots were barely audible of the screams of the terrorized shoppers. The five man team swept through the mall, taking their planned routes. One of them fired their grenade launcher into a gun store, destroying the weapons and killing anyone thinking about fighting back. As they worked their way towards the west entrance, they saw team three, up on a balcony firing down on fleeing civilians and mall cops.

One of the members of the team, Viktor, spoke up "Henrik, team three is deviating from the plan, they aren't moving, should we see if everything is alright?"
Henrik quickly dismissed the small boy
"if they are not following the plan, it is their fault, not ours."
They could see the west entrance, terrified civilians were running out of it to safety. At least, what were the civilians thought they could be safe. Henrik's team opened fire on them, with Henrik yelling out that they were "Cowards!"

Outside the West entrance, Anatol and Kiril were taking up their postions. Kiril had his M249 set up on the hood of a car, while Anatol held a C-4 detonator. They had cars rigged with explosives along the west entrance. It wasn't long before Civilians began pouring out.
"Kiril, hold your fire and wait for my go."
Anatol waited until many civilians were rushing by the rigged cars. He counted them in his head, Five. Ten. Twenty. NOW!
Anatol's hand clasped down on the detonator, setting off six cars near the entrance. People were blown off their feet and showered with hot shrapnel. Kiril began slamming the entrance with 5.56 NATO rounds. In his head, he prayed that none of the others got hurt by his in-discriminant fire. Suddenly, after a few seconds, Kiril's gun stopped firing. He was out of ammo. It didn't matter, there was no one left running. Henrik's team soon emerged from the mall, pointing at a large white van he told them to load up. The boarded the van, which had one other person. The eight of them drove off from the mall as quickly as they could, but unluckily for them, one of the street security cameras saw the entire thing. They would soon have police and the armed forces hunting them down.
Last edited by Licana on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Lyndiana
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyndiana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Don MacQueen, head of Lyndiana, walked down the halls of the capital with his old friend Harold Konan.
"I don't know what's going on, or who is funding them, but I will support your country all the way, my friend."
Hathradic States wrote:
Conoga wrote:In some parts of 40's America, Johnson is slang for the M1941 Johnson rifle.

"Private Johnson! Stop shoving your Johnson into the barrel of your Johnson!"

February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
Colonies: Bashir
Premier: Alex Flynn
Eldest son of the Premier: Patrick Flynn (Next in line)
Younger son: Field Marshal David Flynn (Currently deployed)

Wenn ist das Nunstuck geht und slotermeyer? Ja! Ba yerhund das oder die Flipperwaldt gespuhrt!

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Lyndiana wrote:Don MacQueen, head of Lyndiana, walked down the halls of the capital with his old friend Harold Konan.
"I don't know what's going on, or who is funding them, but I will support your country all the way, my friend."

Thank you, we have lost so much...This is unlike anything I have ever seen.
Harold paused, remembering his first reaction when he heard the news of the devastation. He urged himself to maintain his composure, It is not wise to appear weak, even to allies of the Republic... especially to allies of the Republic.
We believe that this is the work of another nation, one that wishes us to be destroyed, these attacks were co-ordinated within minutes of each other. The weapons they used were not the run-of-the-mill AKs that float around on the market. No, this was funded by someone. I believe that, after catching the terrorists responsible, we can begin the hunt for their masters.
He turned to shake the hand of the Don
Thank you for your hospitality and support, but I must address the people of Licana. The news will be getting out to the rest of my country soon enough, if it already hasn't. I must be there to calm the people, and hopefully that will relieve the police force a bit.
Last edited by Licana on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

The Chase

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Griswall
Terrorist's van
11:44AM

Henrik and his team were in the van, speeding along the roads as fast as they could. They didn't have to worry about maintaining a low profile anymore. The radio in the van was tuned to a news station, everyone listened to the reporters squawking about what was going on. This squabbling disgusted Henrik, they couldn't even decide what was going on. He turned the radio off, looking back at the team.
"Well, these people do not know ass from hole in the ground, we might just make it."
There was a few chuckles, and for the first time through the day it looked like the men had hope. Hope to make it out alive.

Griswall
Patrol Car 34
11:45AM

Officer Rastov listened in horror to the reports coming in over his squad cars radio. An explosion in the middle of a city street, a monorail destroyed, and an attack on the biggest mall in Licana. He couldn't believe it. He listened intently as they gave out more information.
"suspects heavily armed and to be considered extremely dangerous. Driving in a large, white Ford van. All units exercise caution."
No shit, Rastov thought to himself. A helicopter passed over his squad car, a mean looking one. It was probably a military one, good that they're getting involved. He looked over at his partner, Officer Sumner. She looked just as shocked as he was. He wanted to do something, but he had to sit and wait for his orders.

As he settled in for a long wait, the large white van appeared, streaking by his patrol car. For a second, the two officers just sat there, stunned. Rastov was the first to react, slamming on the gas and yanking his car into a hard right turn. Officer Sumner began shouting into the radio
"We found em'! We found em'! The terrorists are heading west on 69th street! Backup! Backup!"
The chase was on, Rastov thought to himself. These scumbags are going to get what they deserve.
He saw them take a left on the up-coming street, and yanked the steering wheel left, causing his car to power-slide in the corner. Rastov hadn't been in a pursuit in a while, he had to keep his car under control, this wasn't a movie after all.

Another patrol car soon joined them and they were about to pull up the van to stop it. They approached the van and began to pull alongside it, when the rear doors opened.

Aboard the Van:
The Van suddenly yanked left, and the driver stepped on the gas.
"We got cops" he claimed, nodding his head toward the mirrors on the doors.
Henrik checked for himself, cursing as he looked.
"well, looks like we have to kill more Licanans. Set it up"
The men in the back set up one of the M249s and reloaded it. The locked the bi-pod on the floor of the van, and Viktor got up to open the doors.
"Ready?"
"Yeah!"
"Right, Three! Two! One!"
He unlatched the doors and ran back
"FIRE!"
The gunner aimed at a nearby cop car, and pulled the trigger

Patrol Car 34:
Rastov looked at the back of the van, and was nearly blinded by the muzzle flash of the M-249. He was lucky that his cop car wasn't the first target, the other patrol car was decimated, the windshield shattered and the two officers were killed, the rounds destroyed the engine and tires. Rastov shielded his eyes and looked away from the van. When he looked up, the machine gun was pointed at him.
He yelled for Officer Sumner to get down, and ducked. He was hoping that the engine could stop the incoming hailstorm of bullets. They didn't have to wait long. The car was hammered by bullets, and swerved off the road and into a parked sports car.

Griswall
Licana UH-60 serial number 0011-68123
11:58 AM

From their perch above the chase they could see the carnage as one police car and then another was destroyed by these monsters.
Lieutenant Armstrong's orders were to follow the van and relay its position to ground forces. After seeing that he wondered how much that would really do. More police vehicles joined the pursuit and were promptly dispatched by the occupants of the van. After the fifth police vehicle, Armstrong didn't really care about his damn orders.

"Command, five police vehicles have been destroyed, how much longer do we have to wait? We can end this right now! Give me permission to engage! Over!"
No response...
Damn it this isn't the time to be dicking around, Armstrong thought angrily.
"Command, let me end this! Permission to engage! Over!"
His radio crackled to life.
"Lieutenant, you have permission to engage the target. Out."
He was stunned, he didn't think it would work that easily.
"Alright, Lou, can you see them?"
"Yeah, get ahead of them and give me twenty degrees left!"
"Got ya!"
The Helicopter began speeding up, it was time to end this.

Aboard the van, no one even saw the helicopter until it pulled ahead of them. Henrik was more concerned about the patrol cars behind him. However, the driver directed his attention ahead
"Henrik, take a look at this!"
He looked behind him at the driver
"What is it now!"
"LOOK!" The driver said, pointing to the blackhawk.
"Shit! That's a military helicopter, we have to end this quickly before they get involved!"

Those were the last words Henrik ever spoke. The blackhawk spun around and the port side minigun fired, unleashing over 3000 rounds per minute of flesh ripping 7.62 mm rounds into the van. The driver and Henrik were killed instantly, and the van immediately began a sharp right turn, flipping on its side and sending two people flying from the open doors. The Police cars began to surround the van. It was over, all they could do is hope someone survived so we can find out who did this.
Last edited by Licana on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Espardica
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Espardica » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:45 pm

To: Whom it may concern within the Licanan government.
Subject: The attacks in your nation.

The terror attacks that have been plaguing your nation so suddenly have reached our own news networks and we find ourselves concerned that such a violent group exists. We're also saddened by the terror and death which has affected your people. We wish to pledge $15,000,000 USD as an effort to help both with the burial costs of those killed in the recent attacks on the mall and train station as well as $20,000,000 USD to help with efforts to bring these terrorist to justice. Along with these two large sums of money we also want to off er the aid of Espardican Foreign Intelligence Service agents to aid in hunting down these terrorists and their leaders. The money is already being wired to you and the agents will be on a plane to Licana as soon as possible if you accept.

Regards and best wishes,
President Anelida Palomino Carrera, Espardica.
Last edited by Espardica on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Espardican Factbook
Espardican Embassy Application

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US President and author of the Declaration of Independence.

“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr., Baptist minister and Civil Rights leader.

New Nicksyllvania wrote:We do everything within our ability to prevent women from wearing pants. Men likewise do not wear skirts, including plaid ones.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Espardica wrote:

To: Whom it may concern within the Licanan government.
Subject: The attacks in your nation.

The terror attacks that have been plaguing your nation so suddenly have reached our own news networks and we find ourselves concerned that such a violent group exists. We're also saddened by the terror and death which has affected your people. We wish to pledge $15,000,000 USD as an effort to help both with the burial costs of those killed in the recent attacks on the mall and train station as well as $20,000,000 USD to help with efforts to bring these terrorist to justice. Along with these two large sums of money we also want to off er the aid of Espardican Foreign Intelligence Service agents to aid in hunting down these terrorists and their leaders. The money is already being wired to you and the agents will be on a plane to Licana as soon as possible if you accept.

Regards and best wishes,
President Anelida Palomino Carrera, Espardica.

To: President Anelida Palomino Carrera, Espardica.

We thank you for your support, the assistance of the EFIS will be extremely helpful. The monetary assets you sent us will be put to good use immediately. I can assure you that these terrorists will be brought to justice. As of this time, we can not provide much more information than you probably already have. However, these people are still out there, and must be stopped before we begin dedicating resources to finding out exactly who is responsible. When the EFIS is ready, I would suggest they land at Arnea International Airport, as you probably already know, Griswall International is currently unavailable.

Sincerely,
Prime Minister Harold Konan
Last edited by Licana on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

The Mall

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Griswall
Mall of Greater Griswall, second floor walkway
12:46 PM

The five men of the "third" team was spread out along the walkway. They had collapsed the stairway behind them with C-4, to prevent them from being flanked. What was meant to be a quick detour to get a better firing position while simultaneously clearing out the upper floors quickly turned into a stalemate against the Licanan police. A few mall cops managed to get into a gun store and arm themselves. In desperation, the team destroyed the stairs behind them. This had inadvertently blocked one of the only two routes of escape. Now, the only way was to jump (not an option), or to advance toward the enemy and down the stairs.

"Kolya, whats the situation?"
One of the members, Harken, asked from his piece of cover about two meters away.
The leader, Kolya, looked up over his piece of cover (a plant that's base is encased in granite stone)
He saw the mall cops, now joined by regular police and what looked like some sort of special police unit.
"There are more of them now, and better equipped too."
Inside a store behind them was the other three, Mostova, Niden, and Berden. Mostova had retreated to the store to set up a good place for the M249, Niden and Kolya had to carry Berden into the store, as he was heavily wounded, and Niden stayed behind. Kolya and Harken were outside on watch. They had good cover, and their firing position from the store was good enough to cover the way toward the store. The only problem was ammunition, they had spent much of their ammo during the massacre. Now, Koyla only had one more mag for his assault rifle, and Harken had already switched to his MP-7 PDW.

Above the second floor of Mall of Greater Griswall, a Licanan Civil Distress and Counter Terrorism unit (CDCT) unit was ready to drop in on them. They knew that going in head on against them would result in heavy gunfire and casualties. However, they could collapse the roof on the store they were taking cover in, they could fire on them from above and force them outside. Then the snipers would take care of them. The charges were set, and the detonator was in the hands of a young Lieutenant. The leader of the team, a Lieutenant Colonel, spoke "lets make these fucks pay for what they have done, remember though, leave... one... alive!" He looked disgusted as he spoke those last three words. The Lieutenant pushed down on the detonator.

On the second floor, a massive explosion rocked the entire catwalk as the roof collapsed on the store behind Koyla. The roof fell on the table that was being used as a back brace for Berden, killing him instantly, and Mostova was was knocked unconsious by a falling debris. Niden remained in the store, plastered against the wall. Koyla ordered Niden to move, but it was too late. Three flashbangs fell down the hole. Koyla yelled out the threat and covered his eyes, but the others were not quick enough. He looked back at Niden to see him getting pelted by bullets from the hole in the ceiling. He looked over to give Harken the order to turn around, and saw him standing up and stumbling. At that point he was shot in the head by a sniper. Koyla bent over and reached for his gun, his hearing was starting to come back. He grabbed his assault rife and went to get up, but he was shoved violently against the ground. Someone was speaking, but they sounded distant and garbled. He felt the barrel of a rifle against the base of his neck. The last thing he heard before being knocked out was "see Colonel, alive like you asked."
Last edited by Licana on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Lyndiana
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyndiana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Lyndiana pleges all of its considerable resources to find these monsters.
Hathradic States wrote:
Conoga wrote:In some parts of 40's America, Johnson is slang for the M1941 Johnson rifle.

"Private Johnson! Stop shoving your Johnson into the barrel of your Johnson!"

February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
Colonies: Bashir
Premier: Alex Flynn
Eldest son of the Premier: Patrick Flynn (Next in line)
Younger son: Field Marshal David Flynn (Currently deployed)

Wenn ist das Nunstuck geht und slotermeyer? Ja! Ba yerhund das oder die Flipperwaldt gespuhrt!

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

The Van

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Griswall
Terrorist Van
12:13PM

Viktor woke up scared and in pain. He was hit three times up the left leg, and losing a lot of blood. He looked over at the open doors of the sideways van. The cops were surrounding the van, "telling them to come up with their hands up." At this point he was inclined to. He felt a numbness in his leg, he didn't know whether that was good or bad. "Viktor!" came a loud, harsh whisper from near by. He looked over quickly to see a slumped body staring at him. He thought he was going insane until he spoke again.
"Viktor, are you still with us?"
He looked at Kiril, stunned
"They will kill us for what we have done anyway, it is better to die with dignity than as a coward, no?
Viktor paused, before responding "always"
"Right, do you see that rifle over there, It was Anatol's, take it. It has plenty of ammo."
Viktor reached over slowly, trying not to alert any watching cops. He grabbed the rifle and waited to see what Kiril was going to do.
Two Police Officers approached the van slowly from the back. When they were less than five meters away, Kiril pulled his right arm up from under a dead body, he was holding an MP-7. It was over before the cops could react, hosed by 4.6mm rounds. Viktor quickly grabbed the handle on one of the back doors and closed it, giving him and Kiril some cover. He put his rifle over the door and began firing on the blockade in front of him. Kiril was unlocking the M-249 attached to the floor of the van. When he unlocked it, he set up the bi-pod against the rear door and began firing with Viktor.

However, being surrounded, there were soon police officers trying to get in through the driver-side door and attempting to cut through the roof. Kiril yelled to Viktor "Watch the back, they are trying to get through!" With great effort, Viktor flipped himself over and began firing at the areas where the police were trying to get in through.

Griswall
Patrol Car 34
12:00 PM

Officer Rastov came to almost exactly 15 minutes after crashing. He looked over to his partner, she was breathing, but looked badly injured. He reached toward the radio, called for an ambulance, and left his squad car. With his pistol in hand, he began to travel where the smoke was. After nearly another 15 minutes of walking, he heard gunshots and began to run. He took a short cut up an alley way and saw the van. It was on its side and was riddled with bullet-holes. He watched as an officer tried to get the door open on the van get shot and fall off the side.

Rastov looked around franticly and saw something that fit his needs perfectly. He quickly hopped in this large truck and attempted to hotwire it. After he got the engine started, he pulled onto the street and lined up with the van. He revved the engine and let his foot off the brake. The truck lurched forward, closing the distance between itself and the stationary van in seconds. He hit the van squarely in the center and began pushing the van toward the guardrail. If he could punch through that, the van would fall for at least twenty feet into a parking lot.

Inside the van, the noise from the gunshots were easily loud enough to mask the noise of the truck right up until the moment of impact. Suddenly Kiril and Victor were thrown against each other, and the van began moving at a fairly rapid pace toward the side of the road. Kiril shouted out that something was pushing them. They both began to open fire on the side of the van, hoping to kill whatever was pushing them off the road. They were firing blindly, and only a few bullets even hit the truck, while nothing managed to hit the driver. The van was jostled by another force, this one trying to stop it. They had just hit the guard rail, and it had failed. The van was suddenly airborne, twisting and turning as it fell. Viktor began to lose consciousness, he saw Kiril go flying out of the back of the van right before it hit the ground.

Officer Rastov stepped out of the hijacked truck and looked down on the utterly destroyed van. In spite, he spit at the van while saying "No one could survive that." Off in the distance, the unique sound of the ambulance sirens began to resonate. Him and his partner would be able to see their families again, he thought with a smile.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:08 pm

To: President Anelida Palomino Carrera
Subject:We got one.

During a raid, we managed to capture one of the terrorists that attacked the mall. He is currently the only one we have managed to apprehend alive. He is being transported to Constantine Air Force Base for questioning. From what we can tell through field reports, the other members of his little team of terrorists called him "Koyla." The suspect has neither confirmed nor denied this name and could be using it as an alias. You may change the designated landing zone of the EFIS from Arnea International to their, if you prefer. If you can provide any information on him, please contact us. We have included this picture of his appearance taken from the transportation vehicle.

From: Jacob Carlson, Director of the Licana Intelligence Bureau in Griswall
Last edited by Licana on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Espardica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Espardica » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:23 pm

The Cessna Citation that made it's way for Constantine Air Force Base was very unassuming at best. If anybody were to look to the sky all they would see was the jet of some apparently well-to-do person flying in from out-of-country. Only four of the eight seats in the plane were occupied, all by men in various common colors for extremely well kept suits (khaki, dark gray, light gray, and black specifically). At first glance, if you had seen one of the men on any other plane they might have passed for regular business men...but something about the black wrap-around sunglasses that each man currently kept folded and hanging from the neck of each one's button-up white dress shirt. The flight attendant didn't even seem to spare the men any sort of suspicious or curious glances...which was good considering she worked for the very same federal agency.

The plane came touching down for a landing and began taxiing to the spot allotted for it by the flight control officials. It came to a stop and the ramp was lowered, each man dawning their sunglasses as they descended to the tarmac, each of them looking about to see if anybody was coming to greet them.
Espardican Factbook

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US President and author of the Declaration of Independence.

“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr., Baptist minister and Civil Rights leader.

New Nicksyllvania wrote:We do everything within our ability to prevent women from wearing pants. Men likewise do not wear skirts, including plaid ones.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Five men watched as the Espadican Plane came to a stop. They began to walk toward the helicopter. One of the men, dressed in full combat gear and armed with a Licanan Heavy Battle Rifle, stayed a good distance away from the other four, who wore formal business suits. The man at the front of the formation greeted the Espadican party. Hello, My name is Jacob Carlson, Director of the LIB in Griswall. I am currently in charge of all intelligence operations regarding these attacks on our city. He stated. His face was nearly featureless and pale, almost as if it had been carved out of marble. His suit was well tailored and spotless, as was the rest of his uniform. He always tried his best to look as professional as possible, being a firm believer of "form follows function."
Last edited by Licana on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Espardica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Espardica » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:19 pm

One man, a short Caucasian, stepped forward from amongst his three companions. He wore a custom-tailored black suit, freshly polished shoes, and he had a crimson-colored tie (something none of the others had). Like all the others he wore black wrap-around shades that hid the color of his eyes and where exactly he might be looking at any one time but his features seemed much warmer than that of the man who he was greeting. He had a pointed chin, well tanned skin, and close-cropped blond hair which he obviously kept laboriously well trimmed for the sake of appearances.

"I'm Agent Patrick Brookins." The man said, refraining from smiling for the sake of a professional appearance while he motioned to the men wearing the light and dark gray suits "Those two men are Agents Dan Nealey and Michael Cuellar." He then motioned to the Hispanic man in the khaki suit who had been keeping his head down most of this time "That is Agent Balthasar Marredo..." The man looked up and one could see a vicious-looking scar from the left side of his mouth that was cut as if to make it look like the continuation of a grin, stopping near his ear "...the boys in Acquisition just call him 'Grin'." Agent Brookins said grimly, giving each one of his own men a glance "We're with the EFIS." He said simply.
Last edited by Espardica on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Espardican Factbook

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Director Carlson gave each of the men in the group an analytical look, as Agent Brookins introduced them. He was particularly interested in Agent Marredo, he saw him as peculiar, different from the others. He silently wondered what his specialty was in their organization. Very well, the man on my right is Assistant Director Artemis Matsuda. The man on my left is Patrick Reynolds, our senior SIGINT officer, and that man... Carlson points to a man standing to left of Agent Reynolds ...is Markus Vespa, military strategist, he is the one who organized the raid on the mall. At this point, Vespa spoke up. His voice was gruff, and his appearance more casual than the rest of the LIB agents. His hair was short and well kept, but not tailored like the others. On the subject of the raid, Director, these men probably want to see the catch of the day. Director Carlson looked at Vespa, trying to maintain his indifferent expression. Quite...well lets take them to him, shall we. He motioned for the EFIS agents to follow.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Espardica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Espardica » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:16 am

Agent Brookins listened silently as each of the men were introduced to him, giving each a small nod of acknowledgment upon being told their names. He had already read up on what little information his government could provide for what had happened so he was aware of the raid on the mall which they talked about, though he hadn't known who precisely had organized it. The other three agents stayed silent and still, though it was probably obvious that they looked from one man to the next from beneath their shades. Once they were done speaking and brought up 'the catch of the day' was when Agent Marredo spoke.

"That's where my specialty is, sir." The agent offered "I'm from the EFIS's Intelligence Acquisition branch." He explained.

The four agents followed their new 'hosts'.
Espardican Factbook

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:06 am

Director Carlson looked back over his shoulder as they turned into a small building. We don't know much about this man, you probably know as much about him as we do. Right now, we are assuming "Koyla" is an alias. He has resisted our "enhanced" interrogation efforts so far. The group came to a stop at a door. Through a small window on the door, they could see the man known as Koyla.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:40 am

Griswall
Liberation Street, In front of the Congressional Building.
3:22 PM

Harold Konan was addressing the nation, at 2:00, he sent a message to all of Licanan the national news networks. Before thirty minutes had passed, news vans were crowding the street and nearby park for the speech. at 2:45 the speech to nation began. The Prime Minister made sure it was one of his best speeches. At the moment, his speech was winding down, and he was giving his final assurances that the attacks were over.

Arnea, Licanan coastal city
aboard the ferry Arnea's Pride, Fifteen nautical miles from Arnea Harbor
3:22 PM

From the back of the crowd, two men smiled as the Licanan Prime Minister assured his people that this was the end of it. He had no idea what was about to happen. They began to walk away, down to the car storage. They had to make sure that no one found what was in their vehicle. They took up their posts, hidden behind the cars on opposite sides of the ferry. The two men could see more than half the ferry from their respective posts. All they would have do is wait and make sure that their little surprise was hidden until they got into the harbor.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Espardica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Espardica » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:47 pm

It was true: everything that the EDIS knew had been on the news, at least outside of the name and picture they had been wired by the Licanan government. The four agents stayed silent as they made their way from the plane to the small building where the man known as "Koyla" was being kept for the time being. As the director spoke, Agent Marredo quirked a brow at the mention of 'enhanced' interrogation efforts. The first thought in his mind was that maybe the man had resisted attempts to drug him, but then he realized with the way that he said it that the man might have well beaten and tortured him in some way. When they came to a stop, Agent Marredo was the first to say anything out of the four EFIS agents.

"Do you object to torture?" He asked calmly "Let me talk to him." He offered.
Espardican Factbook

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Director Carlson turned to Agent Marredo, and paused. The director now had a solid idea of this man's specialty. It didn't bother him, but found it befitting of him. No, we do not object to torture, however, we use it only in extreme circumstances. He turned to the Licanan guard that was with them during the greeting. Without any exchange in words, the guard handed the keys to the room to the Director, who opened the door and let the EFIS agent into the room.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Espardica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Espardica » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:06 pm

"I think the circumstances are extreme enough." Agent Marredo replied.

He watched the exchange of keys between the guard and the director, nodding his thanks to the first of the two. As he stepped through the door he nodded thanks to the director as well. Stepping inside, Agent Marredo kept his hands behind his back and slowly began pacing around the room...not saying anything. At times it seemed he wasn't even looking at the man sitting bound in the chair: his head looking to the floor, the walls, and even the roof once or twice. The most adequate comparison might have been like a shark circling it's victim or a vulture circling around a dying animal with lethal patience.

"According to the boys in Acqusition, he's one of the best." Agent Brookins whispered to whichever Licanans nearby cared to listen.
Espardican Factbook

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 pm

The Director nodded curtly, I hope he is, no one in our department so far could get him to crack.
The guard shut the door to the room, and Director Carlson turned to his guests. We will be able to get a better view from the observation room. He stated simply, it's just down the hall.

Inside the room, Koyla looked up at his newest "Interrogator" and immediately saw something he found interesting. This man was not Licanan, like all of his previous interrogators. He raised his head to look more closely at this man. You are not Licanan?
Last edited by Licana on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Espardica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Espardica » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:34 pm

"Okay then, lead the way." Agent Brookins replied.

The three EFIS agents followed the Director to the observation room.

------------------------

Agent Marredo came to a stop on the other side of the table. He visibly quirked a brow as if he was surprised that his complexion had given him away as not being part of the Licanan government. Turning to face "Koyla" he stayed silent for a long time. Even though his head was straight ahead, he was staring directly in to the eyes of the man in front of him. Unlike what another interrogator might have done had they been sporting such a nasty-looking scar as his own, he made no cheesy effort to compete with the man's own scars or anything like that.

"You're observant." He stated simply "Who are you, Koyla?" He asked.
Espardican Factbook

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Koyla observed the man carefully, trying to gauge his reaction, this man was good, better than the others before him.I...I am a but a humble servant to my country, a patriot if you will. Koyla met the man's gaze, trying not showing weakness or cowardice.
Last edited by Licana on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Espardica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Espardica » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Agent Marredo heard the pause in his sentence as the man repeated his "I". He was trying to come across as calm and tough...something that they all did...at first. Agent Marredo stayed silent for a long time yet again, not using the chair across the table from Koyla. He finally lowered his head to make it clear he was looking straight at the man. Interrogation and torture were tough things: if he pushed the man too hard then he might just kill him or simply not get the information he wanted but if he didn't push enough then it could take too long or the man he was interrogating just might lose any fear or respect for him.

"Only the winners are patriots, Koyla." Agent Marredo said in a matter-of-fact tone "Right now none of your peoples' laws are protecting you, were you informed of that?" He asked, seemingly casual.

He refrained from saying what he might do because of that (even though, in a way, it was a lie because it wasn't like Espardica was going to sentence the man). He felt it would be better to just let him think. A man had once said that the mind can imagine things ten times scarier than what anybody could say.
Espardican Factbook

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents