NATION

PASSWORD

Birth of a Republic OOC THREAD

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Birth of a Republic OOC THREAD

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:47 pm

We may need one, it seems

IC HERE
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Peace for men
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Peace for men » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Thank you. [tag]

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Regarding my last post, RL is about to rape my free time, so I may not be able to commit to this RP, and may have to pull out. I'm really really sorry is I do.
Souseiseki wrote:as a posting career in the UK Poltics Thread becomes longer, the probability of literally becoming souseiseki approaches 1

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Cool, hope we don't need it.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Kreanoltha, a few things.

It's rather godmoddish to simply say "WE SURROUND YOU AND LAUNCH A BILLION TORPEDOES". Generally, it is accepted that you should indicate that you are approaching the enemy fleet first, just in case they have, say, long-range weaponry or intend to make a change in formation. Or respond to your hostile approach in some way.

And, while your fleet may be large, 'billions' of torpedoes would occupy more space than we have to fight in.

A bit more detail would be appreciated as well. As it is, your post pretty much reads, "We shoot you with everything. Post losses."
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:30 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Kreanoltha, a few things.

It's rather godmoddish to simply say "WE SURROUND YOU AND LAUNCH A BILLION TORPEDOES". Generally, it is accepted that you should indicate that you are approaching the enemy fleet first, just in case they have, say, long-range weaponry or intend to make a change in formation. Or respond to your hostile approach in some way.

And, while your fleet may be large, 'billions' of torpedoes would occupy more space than we have to fight in.

A bit more detail would be appreciated as well. As it is, your post pretty much reads, "We shoot you with everything. Post losses."

Right, sorry. Amending... amended.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Lariza
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lariza » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Gonna be getting in this action pretty soon, expect to see the II Strike Fleet (452 Ships) arrive on the side of the Imperial forces.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Lariza wrote:Gonna be getting in this action pretty soon, expect to see the II Strike Fleet (452 Ships) arrive on the side of the Imperial forces.

You'll never make it. The battlefield has two interdictors running. You won't be able to drop out of FTL.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Lariza
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Lariza » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Was gonna drop out of Hyperspace several million kilometers from the battlefield and make my way towards it, basically the fleet was already in motion but due to the interdictors didn't get to their desired location.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Where did you get a three on one battle from? I'm fighting two fleets and the New Republic has yet to make a move.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Lariza
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Lariza » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Bre divided his force into two, and since my own fleet is not close enough to distinguish individual ships it would appear as a three on one battle.
Last edited by Lariza on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:51 am

It doesn't look like RL is going to rape me anymore, so I should be able to commit to it now :p

Now to try and respond to all the stuff thats been happening.
Souseiseki wrote:as a posting career in the UK Poltics Thread becomes longer, the probability of literally becoming souseiseki approaches 1

Lariza
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Lariza » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:29 am

Hmmm...

Just out of curiosity, what is the Empire's fleet forces if you don't me asking Peace For Men? And are there any more Rebel ships? B/c reading from your ORBAT that you posted it seems there are more ships.

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:35 am

Peace for Men isn't here ATM, but from what I gather, the rebels attempted to invade another planet, but where met by Imperial forces, of an unknown size. It was a small fleet, with the bulk being the 200 transports, but we can assume that he is also using captured imperial vessel caught at the start of the rebellion to defend the Koranx system, the rebels main defence also seems to consist of captured space platforms orbiting the planet.

Lariza
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Lariza » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:48 am

I know the rebel's numbers, I wanted to know if the Empire had anything worth calling a fleet at all.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:13 am

TFU, great post and all, but are we just ignoring the FTLi fields? There's two of them, y'know. I don't know if they would affect your type of drive, but it might be good to ask first.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 am

Yeah, great post, but he should have sent a subspace transmission. I could have reversed the FTL interdictors in my Zeus classes to reopen FTL.
@Russsia, Yeah I know mine knocks out hyperspace. It's one of the most common types out there.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:52 am

Why do you have to post so much in these FT threads. I feel like a moron with my paltry posts. Do you learn it over time or what, this is my first FT RP.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:04 pm

The Matthew Islands wrote:Why do you have to post so much in these FT threads. I feel like a moron with my paltry posts. Do you learn it over time or what, this is my first FT RP.

I know what you mean. I always feel like I don't post enough. I think it's a style thing.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

-Bretonia-
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby -Bretonia- » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:24 pm

I tried posting a response via my phone, but for some reason the iPhone doesn't seem to like any posts which happen to be larger in size than the reply box. It's not easy to write when you can't see what you're writing!

So I'm afraid it'll have to wait until I'm next near a computer. And sober.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:30 pm

PFM isn't posting to day anyway, and we're waiting on him.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:31 am

What the hell is Jenrak supposed to be. He has just swarmed in saying he's a Giant spider. What's going on???

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:37 am

The Matthew Islands wrote:What the hell is Jenrak supposed to be. He has just swarmed in saying he's a Giant spider. What's going on???

WITH A THOUSAND EYES!
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:53 am

Techno-Soviet wrote:
The Matthew Islands wrote:What the hell is Jenrak supposed to be. He has just swarmed in saying he's a Giant spider. What's going on???

WITH A THOUSAND EYES!

A trillion actually. I'd like to see it stand up to plasma though.

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 am

The Matthew Islands wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:

WITH A THOUSAND EYES!

A trillion actually. I'd like to see it stand up to plasma though.

MOON SIZED GIANT SPIDER WITH A TRILLION EYES!

ANGRY BEES!
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents