NATION

PASSWORD

Amigard plans to open diplomatic relationship with Lineale

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Amigard
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Amigard » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:17 pm

The cardinal smiled warmly but shook his head, “I am but a humble servant of the church” he said, “and I could never hope to replace the Holy Father in Rome. You can be assured though, my friend, that I will support you in whatever way I can, and I will certainly be there for the catholic faithful of your nation to guide them and Sheppard them in their love of God. I will certainly address the dereliction of the church in failing to respond to your requests. I do not think the Holy Father would have a problem in assigning me as the pastor overseeing the Lineale diocese, and I am more than willing to take on that important responsibility.”
"Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray; O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen."

Earth II Earth II Factbook
Amigard's Battle Prayer

Lineale
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lineale » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm

"Oh really? My Bishop is currently doing so, Bishop John Paul XXI, but I'm sure he would enjoy the help." He said. "I didn't know you were part of the Roman Catholic Church. John is trying to enter that, but our contacts are few and far between..."

He decided not to say more. It would probably not allow for more peace if he went on about the problems of the Roman Catholic Church.

"I don't mean to say that they are at all bad people. It just seems very... divided. The wars that have occured, and continue to stimulate hatred withing... disturb me."

Amigard
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amigard » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:45 pm

The Cardinal laughed, “I understand your position” he smiled “there is a great deal of misinformation out there about the Roman Catholic Church. It is an imperfect institution run by imperfect people. It is my belief that it is ultimately guided by the Holy Spirit, but guidance is not the same as directly controlled. Too often the leaders of my church have indeed failed to follow the guidance offered by the Holy Spirit, and there has been human suffering as a result. But I am not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak. I still believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the original church founded by Jesus himself.”

“I understand that you do not agree with this, but I think it is an insignificant difference that we have in comparison to our shared love of God and his only Son. Indeed the church does have its fanatics that misinterpret the guidance given to us in sacred scripture and sacred tradition, but then again what church does not contain these types of people?”

“The government of Amigard does its utmost in attempting to run the nation in compliance with the Word of God and the direction offered through the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I believe that the alliance formed today between our two nations is perfectly in line with both. Though we are perhaps divided by denominational differences we are united in our love of God are we not?”
"Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray; O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen."

Amigard's Battle Prayer

Lineale
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lineale » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 am

"I agree entirely. 'Denominations are the divisions of the fools, and factions are not allowed in God's Holy Church.' as my father used to say. Our alliance is one that will transcend some of our... simple differences to overcome." William agreed. "And yes, all churches have those people. I believe certain churches, who no longer head the Bible at all, but follow the teachings of some 'new Jesus' or 'new prophet' are absolutely wrong in their beliefs."

"I believe that the Body of Christ is the original church that Jesus founded. He never taught solely in one building, but went out into the people, bringing many into the flock. He also said to preach unto the nations. I don't believe that the Roman Catholic Church was the original church. I believe its Body, however, was." he explained.

"As long as we continue to love our Christ together, all will be well."

A small beeping sound came from William's right wrist. He looked down at it, at looked as if he hadn't realized so much time had passed. He smiled. "I'm glad that we have so little tension. I truly enjoy your company, my friend. But now, our time has come to an end. Its my bedtime." he laughed. "I'd like to pray over our nations with you, and then I must rest. We have a special mass prepared for you." he explained.

He stepped around his desk, and took the Cardinal's two hands in his. He began to pray. "Lord, thank you for this bond between our two nations. I thank you that we were able to find each other in such an anti-Christian world. I pray that our two nations will be and remain always great friends, and that our alliance will always glorify you. Amen."

Amigard
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amigard » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:09 pm

"Amen" the cardinal repeated then made the sign of the cross. "I truly thank you for your hospitality during this visit. I look forward to working with your nation in the future. I encourage you to establish an embassy in Amigard City so that our nations can continue to develop a relationship. Until we meet again, may God bless you and may his peace be with you always."

Amigard's Battle Prayer

Lineale
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lineale » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 am

"And you also. Goodnight, my friend." William shook the Cardinals hand one more time, and then began to make his way back to his chambers.

"Ace," he ordered when he had arrived in his room. "Order the Foreign Ambassador to immediately work with Amigard to set up an Embassy there."

"Yes, sir." Ace replied.

William then changed into his Superman pajamas, and knelled before his bed. "Thank you Lord, for all that you have provided. Thank you for Lineale, my home, and all the people You have blessedly allowed me to govern. Give me strength for the coming days, and all that will occur until Your coming. Thank You for the ally gained today, but more importantly, thank you for the friend that I have gained. Amen."

Previous

Return to International Incidents