NATION

PASSWORD

A New House is Built on the Ashes of Another (Open;MT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

A New House is Built on the Ashes of Another (Open;MT)

Postby Kagetora » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:00 am

The sun was just beginning to peak over the eastern coast and lighting up the side of the Imperial Palace, and the sparse cloud cover presented a beautiful red hue across the horizon. Around the perimeter were incredibly sophisticated aerial defense systems, and a company of some of the most elite and loyal soldiers guarded the palace from enemies both foreign and domestic. Barely visible the coast were a handful of warships, and a wing of fighters were only a few miles away.

Among all this protection walked three men. The two on the sides were wearing elaborate body armor, styled after that of the samurai worn centuries ago. Gold trim covered their uniforms, and their helmets had permanently frowning masks, marking them as members of the Imperial Guard. The only anachronism that marked them as part of the modern age was the submachine guns they held across their chests.

Between them was a figure instantly recognizable to any Kagetorian, Izuyama Kaito, commander in chief of the Kenpeitai. With his power over the military police, he was easily the second most powerful person in the entire country, second only to the Shogun. His short military cut, earpiece, and glaring eyes all combined to create an appearance very fitting for someone of his position. A gold watch on his right wrist glinted in the sunlight as he walked, in stark contrast to his black suit and tie, which seemed to absorb all the light from around him.

After crossing the expansive grass lawn between the towering palace itself and the defensive walls that surrounded it, the trio marched through the guard station at the entrance and walked inside. They were greeted by lacquered floors and blindingly white walls, but no one else was there.

Crossing over to the bulletproof elevator, both Kaito and one of the guards inserted keys on opposite sides of the doors and then pressed the button that would take them to the Shogun's personal living quarters. As muzak came down from the ceiling, one of the Guardsmen shuddered. What he was about to do was nigh unthinkable. He would either go down in history as a hero of the state, or he would be erased from existence.

Overcoming his nervousness, he exited the elevator and walked into the living room of the 7th floor. Still no one was there, not even a guard was there. The Shogun slept only a few stories above, but they would have to take the stairs to reach him. Looking out over the empty rooms, Kaito smiled.

Mounting the stairs, they heard noise. When they reached the next level, they saw a couple guardsmen in one of the many stations scattered throughout the palace, and they all saluted as the commander walked past. Continuing up, they saw yet another empty room.

Finally stopping at the level on which the Shogun slept, Kaito looked to his left, and then to his right, and his companions.

"Are you ready? Once we go in there is no turning back."

"I swore under oath to serve my country til I die. Now is now different."

With a nod of gratitude, Izuyama opened the door and entered the room. The sound of soft snoring came from behind the curtains that draped around the bed. Striding over to the bed, Izuyama nearly ripped them as he pulled them apart, waking both Ienara and his wife Baihe with a jolt.

"Ienara, we need to talk."

"You want me to do what now?" asked the Shogun, rubbing his eyes yet again. This had to be a dream.

"I have all the paperwork ready. I just need you to sign your resignation, and then your wife," replied Kaito, glancing over at the pregnant Xin Han princess, bound and gagged in a robe, "will need to appoint me as the new Shogun."

"By what authority does this come from?"

"By the authority of the guns I have at my command."

"But these men are..."

"Loyal to you? They are loyal first and foremost to Kagetora, as any good citizen should be. You have weakened the country, which I will have to fix."

A sound of anger came from the bed as Baihe attempted to voice her anger. One of the accompanying guardsmen moved to silence her, but was checked by the curt tongue of Kaito.

"Stop. We will already be in trouble with the Xin Han Imperial Family. We do not need to escalate this by injuring one of them."

Ienara breathed a sigh of relief. While not a timid man, the threat of death was more than enough to overcome his courage, and now he had his wife and unborn children who were at stake as well.

As beads of sweat appeared on his forehead, Ienara said, "I'll sign it, and Baihe will as well."

"Excellent," began Kaito as the pen strokes began to move through the stack of papers that marked the end of the Tokugawa dynasty. "Untie the good lady, it's her turn."

OOC: One liners are not welcome, commentary is ok, invasions or military action must be approved with me or they will be ignored
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:00 am

News crews from the Ministry of the Media, a few private news companies, and international news organizations were, for the first time in years, parked in the lawns of the Imperial Palace. Of the 300 Guardsmen who used to guard Ienara from threats, 200 of them now stood in ordered rows in front of the palace. The few deserters had been quickly dealt with and their ashes were all that remained of them. Upon the central balcony, a pair of Guards stood, looking out at the assembled.

Within the palace, the papers had all been signed, and everything was legally in order for the passing of the title and power.

Kaito, though a military man, had ensured that his operation would have as little international repercussions as was possible. The foreign Lady had been dealt with, not well, but reasonably for one of her fiery temper and strong will. The Shogun had sent out calls for his living relatives, the Ogosho Ieto, Lady Daisuki, his two sisters, his two uncles and cousin, and they had all arrived at the Imperial Palace.

As Ienara emerged over the balcony, there was near silence, as the news merely made various comments to their viewers.

Tapping the microphone that had been provided to ensure it was on, he began.

"W-well. I didn't think I would ever be making this speech anytime soon. In my short reign, I've learned a lot about politics. Diplomacy, camaraderie, and the use of words. I never thought I would be learning about power politics in this way.

"This marks my resignation as Shogun of Kagetora. Thank you."

Walking back into the palace, Baihe walked out to take his place. It was clear that the idea that she could very easily die had become apparent to her.

"In accordance with Kagetorian law, as my husband does not yet have a living or appointed heir, it is my job to appoint the next Shogun. I have made the decision to appoint Commander Izuyama Kaito as the new Shogun of Kagetora."

Another change occurred, and this time Kaito came out onto the balcony, his arms opened wide. A large smile was apparent on his face, but for those who knew him, it was clearly fake.

"I would like to thank the Tokugawa and the Liu for their cooperation in this transition of power. As a token of my appreciation, they will be given a completely paid for vacation out of country as long as they would like.

"I believe Ienara has made the right decision. A Kagetorian's loyalty should lie first with the motherland of Kagetora, and our Shogun has not been strengthening the country. He has compromised our security by refusing to deal with the foreign military presence to our west in the Free Trade Corridor. He has compromised our sovereignty by tying us to treaties internationally. He has compromised our people by allowing criminals to roam free on our streets by decreasing the power of my Kenpeitai.

"I will right these wrongs. I promise I will bring Kagetora back into the limelight. For Home and the Throne, for Kagetora and the Shogun."
Last edited by Kagetora on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.

Travellerius
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Travellerius » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:22 am

Mind if I join?
Travellerius
Population: 8 million
military force: 1 million
Political status: corrupt
A hardened, defeated, resentful nation with bitter hate for those who have risen to glory. Uses guerrilla tactics such as mine-laying, surgical strikes and civilian casualties to implement its corrupt plans. May have been defeated by your nation in a previous era and is now looking for revenge and redemption. Believes your country has stolen their dignity and land. Cannot possibly fully conquer any nations but believes it so and pursues this goal with reckless abandon
I am the proud founder of SNOM
Hectanor
Impaleen
Sucrati
Stalin rules
Horsefish
Basorik
Hawksworth Nations
Infjyhndeng (not a joke,it is a real nation)
Koenigzberg
Newivory
Uberskill
Knubknub
Bellca
Rechnarg
Strangereal
Dino-lover Nation
Strangereal
Kwewu
Tzek
Northern Bavungria
Subas India
Kairavamori
Accountants N Lawyers
Sharfghotten
DaWoad
Don-Valentino
Great Nepal
Manahakatouki
New Immortallia
Blademasters765
Silver beach
Alexdrianda
San Pellegrino Romana
Joesavi
New Bern99
Kaputer
Palmerozi
Shabarik
Khytenna
Tretskivucia
Jurgenty
Medyum
Unicario
Underium
Scario
The Saladin

Factbook of Travellerius

Marin Luther King said: "peace could last forever"... He was shot.

Xin Han
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 am

It had come, the setting sun shed red throughout the Empire. No building could hide behind its shadow, no object was left untouched by the rays of blood. Red, to many, was a double edged sword and His Imperial Majesty despised it more and more.

The entire palace was in chaos. Everyone in the Empire had heard about the tragedy in Kagetora. Worst of all, the people's own future Empress Regnant was a part of it. That fact alone was a main reason why the East Wing of the palace was nearly gutted.

Liu Quan was in a frenzy, slicing at everything in his path on the way to his study. No one stood in his way, knowing that they would be killed if they as so much startle the Son of Heaven. He was, for the moment, insane. Revenge ran deep in his family, especially when a loved on was involved.

The Emperor's hair was in tangles, his robes now rags, sweat was all over his face, which was as red as the sunset outside. His wife was nearly the same way, but much more controlled. The only person who seemed to be able to reign the Emperor in was the Imperial Chancellor.

"Quan, calm yourself. You did not do anything wrong, which I hope remains true for the future. Rash action leads to downfall."

"How dare you speak to me that way? How dare anyone touch my pregnant daughter, Crown Princess and Heiress Apparent of Xin Han, Queen of Han, and Lady of Kagetora? That bastard signed his death warrant the moment he set foot in their private bed chamber."

The room grew silent, just like the entire nation. Quan had to think rationally. Zhuge Jun was correct, the Imperial Liu Clan had a history of going off to war for revenge and epically failing, but the people would always support it.

Liu Quan took a deep breath, wiping his brow with a tattered sleeve.

"Get Zhou Man in here. I need him to set up a meeting of the Tri-Crown Alliance and all of the monarchies of Rostil. Also, I need to contact my daughter and Shogun Tokugawa Ienara."

Alas, another Liu would soon be of to an unjust war.

Official Communique from the Desk of His Imperial Majesty
To: World
Subject: Coup in Kagetora

As many of you know, Our Empire was heavily aligned with the Glorious Shogunate of Kagetora. Recently, certain events pertaining to the latter have caused an international crisis. The Great Empire and Dynasty condemn the usurpers and urge the People and Citizens of Kagetora to rise up against the tyranny and support their rightful ruler and his family, Shogun Tokugawa Ienara and the Tokugawa Clan. Not only do we condemn this regime, but shall only recognize Tokugawa Ienara, Shogun of Kagetora, Prince of Xin Han, and King of Han as the rightful sovereign of the Kagetoran Shogunate. We hereby expel all ambassadors supporting the false Kagetoran government, deport all illegal Kagetoran citizens support the false regime, embargo Kagetora and all of its allies that recognize the new regime as the official government, nullify all agreements with Kagetora and all of its allies that recognize the new regime as the official government, and fail to recognize the false Kagetoran Shogun, his government, and all nations that are allied and recognize the false government. The Tokugawa Clan may seek asylum in Xin Han and shall be treated as members of the Imperial Family. All Kagetorans who support the Tokugawas will also be welcomed with open arms.

On another note, the Crowns Princess and Heir Apparent, Lady of Kagetora, and Queen of Han was assaulted by these Kagetoran usurpers. Those involved in the Kagetoran coup are hereby sentenced to death by mutilation, unless they admit their wrongdoing and abdicate in favor of Tokugawa Ienara.

We sincerely hope that this will change you mind.

With the Utmost Sincerity,

Liu Quan
Equal to Those who support the Tokugawa Clan

Zhuge Jun
Imperial Chancellor and Marquis of Wu

Zhou Man
Director of Dependent States
Last edited by Xin Han on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liu Quan, Courtesy Name: Tong
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Travellerius
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Travellerius » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Xin Han wrote:(OOC: I'll wait to post until you actually have Ienara and Baihe contact Quan.)

what do you mean?
I am the proud founder of SNOM
Hectanor
Impaleen
Sucrati
Stalin rules
Horsefish
Basorik
Hawksworth Nations
Infjyhndeng (not a joke,it is a real nation)
Koenigzberg
Newivory
Uberskill
Knubknub
Bellca
Rechnarg
Strangereal
Dino-lover Nation
Strangereal
Kwewu
Tzek
Northern Bavungria
Subas India
Kairavamori
Accountants N Lawyers
Sharfghotten
DaWoad
Don-Valentino
Great Nepal
Manahakatouki
New Immortallia
Blademasters765
Silver beach
Alexdrianda
San Pellegrino Romana
Joesavi
New Bern99
Kaputer
Palmerozi
Shabarik
Khytenna
Tretskivucia
Jurgenty
Medyum
Unicario
Underium
Scario
The Saladin

Factbook of Travellerius

Marin Luther King said: "peace could last forever"... He was shot.

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Official Diplomatic Communiqué of the Greater Estainian Empire

To Whom It May Concern:

Recent events within the Kagetorian Shogunate have come to the eyes of the Estainian Throne. Due to the mysterious occurrence of these events the Estainian Throne’s official stance on these matters is as follows.
We do not in any way recognize any being upon the throne of Kagetora who bares the title Shogun that is not one Ienara Tokugawa then they shall be treated as an illegitimate Despot.

Until such a time that the Kagetorian Shogunate is restored to it’s proper ruler; the Greater Estainian Empire shall no longer conduct any sort of diplomatic relations with this illegal usurper government and any and all treaties binding our states together as of this moment have been nullified.

Once Ienara Tokugawa is once more Shogun of Kagetora then the Estainian Empire will reapproach the Kagetorian Shogunate with diplomatic channels and arms open. Let it be known also; any Kagetorian who remains loyal to the true Shogunate may find asylum in the Estainian Empire.

Sincerely,
Aleczandrina Yordanov - Empress of The Greater Estainian Empire
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Belkaland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Belkaland » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:54 pm

The Grand Principality of Belkaland
Grand Duke Razgriz von Demon

To Whom It May Concern,

To seems a sad time has fallen across the Three Crowns of Rostil, first the murder of the Estainian Emperess and now the Daughter of the Han Emperor's fate hangs in the balance with this coup in Kagetora. However, we must remain strong in these times, and to remain strong means we must stand united on these matters. Thus I hereby issue these decrees to encourage future unity.

1. Any & all relations between the Glorious Shogunate of Kagetora & the Grand Principality of Belkaland are hereby cut until such time that the Rightful Shogun Ienara Tokugawa is returned to power
  2. Any members of the Rightful Royal Family of Kagetora is welcome to gain asylum within Belkan Territory
  3. Any possible military actions decided by the Han Empire shall be fully backed by the Belkan Streitkräfte

I hope this matter will be solved peacefully and shortly with a favorable fate for the Han Queen. But if not, I pray that those that have gravely insulted the Han believe in a God, for they shall have awaken a sleeping Dragon.

Sincerly,
Razgriz von Demon
Grand Duke of the Grand Principality of Belkaland
The Grand Empire of Belkaland
Ruler: Großkaiserin Katharina von Bora

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Papers flew off the desk of the Shogun's office. Apart from a few condemnations from nations thousands of miles away, the international response was almost none. That was one of the best possible outcomes possible. If a lack of recognition of the new government hadn't come by now, than it would probably never come.

Kaito laughed. Flinging the reports across the room. Almost crying from laughter, he barely noticed the Imperial Guardsmen's strange looks.

Clutching his stomach, he looked at them.

"Nothing, hehe, nothing! No invasion, no attacks, nothing! I expected at least some military repercussions, civil uprisings, protests, but nothing!" he spat out between his bursts of laughter, amazed at his own ingenuity.

"Send out telegrams in kind. Kagetora recognizes no one who does not recognize the power of the Shogunate. Deport the ambassadors and recall our own. We have no need of those fools across the oceans."

Ideam
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideam » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 am

OOC: Can I join... I haven't rp'd in a while, but would like to get back into the swing of things now that summer is here. If so

IC: Ulrich I, the current leader of Ideam laughed as he threw the report on the ground. "Seems a hell of a lot like what I did... Except their former leaders didn't end up sleeping with the fishes." The Minister of Defense laughed nervously... he had been planning a stunt like this for months and this would only raise his leaders awareness.
The Minister asked, "What are actions, Prime Minister?"
Ulrich looked into the distance thoughtfully, "Considering their nearly five times our size, we can't risk instigating a fight unless another nation takes action."
The Minister replied, "So we do nothing?"
"Exactly, until we know who is going to play this game, Ideam will not get involved except for send a congratulatory letter to the new ruler."

From the Desk of the Prime Minister of Ideam
To: The Shogunate of Kagetora, Whomever Chooses to Read It

Greetings,

Although Ideam has been in a civil war for several months now, it is now over. With the new powers vested upon me by the people and military might I congratulate you on your successful coup. What I am truly impressed by is that yours was bloodless and efficient, whereas mine was messy and restricted my countries growth both in population and economy. Ideam humbly sends you this message to ask if the leader of this glorious new house would consider a trade agreement in which we will offer you firearms or the capacity to mass produce the arms of your choice in exchange for your legendary police force training by your shogun warriors and guards. Again, congratulations on your recent successes and I wish for a a prosperous future for Ideam and Kagetora

Sincerely,

Ulrich I
A Member of the Union of Sovereign States
Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book. -Ronald Reagan

Xin Han
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 am

Rage swept across the vast expanses of the Empire, the largest nation in Rostil. Millions of troops began to board hundreds of amphibious assault ships, guarded by the Imperial Navy-Southern Fleet commanded by Grand Admiral Zhou Ning himself. Obviously news had reached Xin Han concerning the bad response from the false Kagetoran government.

In Chang'an, the city itself seemed much more like a battle in progress, thousands of government officials were in line and square formations, commanded by the elite Imperial Central government. This large meeting took place at the heart of the Weiyang Palace, the courtyard in front of the steps of the Hall of Supreme Virtue. Atop the steps leading to the hall stood the entire cabinet, complete in full traditional dress. All patiently awaited the arrival of the Imperial Family.

Moments later, drums were pounded on throughout the palace to announce the Emperor's arrival. A desk was quickly brought out in front of the entrance to the "Heart of the Empire". Upon it was a scroll made from traditional paper making techniques. The scroll itself was fairly large, containing many characters. Shortly after the desk had been brought out, the Dragons and Phoenixes arrived.

Liu Quan and Sun Lien were hand in hand, both of them carrying the Imperial Seal and the Staff of Authority, two of the most important objects necessary to conduct government. Behind them came came the rest of the Imperial Family, along with the Imperial Family of Kagetora, the Tokugawa Clan. Both Tokugawa Ienara and Liu Baihe were present.

Clearly, the ceremonious meeting was a symbol of the united between the two Royal Houses and their respective nations, as well as a snub to the false Kagetorian government. All those present kowtowed to both Imperial Families three times, recognizing their absolute power over the land. Once completed, the whole Empire was silent.

"People and Citizens of the Empire, my people, my subjects, my brothers and sisters; a great tragedy has taken hold of the world, one that directly affects us all. Two days ago our Crown Princess and Heir Apparent, the Lady of Kagetora, and her husband the Shogun of Kagetora and the future Emperor of Xin Han were attacked by militant usurpers. The Imperial Family was assaulted, berated, and publicly humiliated by these acts, acts which could not have been foreseen. Our relations with the false Kagetorian government and those who even recognize it have been cut. The true rulers of the Shogunate of Kagetora reside here today, the members of the Tokugawa Clan, who we consider members of our own Imperial Liu Clan. We have issued an ultimatum to the false government of Kagetora, but they have declined. We unfortunately had a feeling that it would come to this...People of Xin Han, it is time we rise up and defend our own! We will not tolerate these usurpers in Kagetora, usurpers that have committed capital crimes! We have no other options left but armed combat. That is why I have called you all here today. I hereby declare Full and Total War upon the false government of the Glorious Shogunate of Kagetora in order to restore the Tokugawa Clan back to the throne. All military efforts shall be personally led by Prince Liu Wan, King of Shu and Senior General, Grand Admiral of the Imperial Navy Zhou Ning, and Marshal of the Imperial Air Force Huang Yan. Let the usurpers fall under the might of the Yellow Dragon!"

The crowd of government officials cheered, along with every citizen who was watching the live broadcast. It had begun; the battle between the Dragon and the Tiger.
Liu Quan, Courtesy Name: Tong
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents