NATION

PASSWORD

Operation Downfall (The invasion of Tropicarno) (open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xyliod
Envoy

Founded: Feb 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Xyliod » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:09 pm

The 20 cargo ships carrying the 500,000 troops left Fort Huckster and made their way into international waters, They were followed by 20 Tessa-Class Supercarriers and 50 Bella-Class Amphibious Assault Ships, when they reached international waters 10 Charles-Class Battleships, Jenny-Class Cruisers and the Elaine-Class Destroyers took up a crescent defence pattern.

Meanwhile 3 CMI C-99 (heavy transport) planes took off from the Fort Huckster airfield filled with the special forces units, they were followed by 10 CMI B-44 Superfortress (strategic bombers)equipped for ground bombardment , 50 CMI G-29 (forward swept wings, fighter) equipped for both air and ground attack, 50 CMI MANTA (Multi-Axis No-Tail Aircraft) interceptor equipped for air and anti-ship attacks, 10 CMI A-38 Grizzly (ground attack fighter), 10 CMI B-38 Flying Fortress (Heavy bomber) equipped for for sea,land attacks.

OOC: The air units will arrive by 17.00 GMT and begin attacking the defences, the ships will arrive by 19.00 GMT just outside of Tropicarno waters.

---

To: All Nationstates involved in the invasion of Tropicarno.
ENCRYPTED

The Federation is wondering when other friendly units will be arriving?

Tropicarno
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 pm

ahhts good news said Rommel who watched as his new found freind chomped on his cigar when he was ment to smoke it.

we have plenty of oil due to our oil feilds and our food is plentyful your soldiers will enjoy it here while they do nothing but wait he said happyly tell me the tanks you have how effective will they be?
Weapons USed By Us
Infantry: Ak-47/74/74c | Stinger/Rpg/Law | Lasbar/Dragunov
Tanks: Challanger,T-90/ Black Gulo Tank (152 MM Gun)
Aircraft: F-15/Mig (ALl Types)/ Shark/
Bombers White Night

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Danish finally lit his cigar after nestling it in a good place in his mouth. "Our tanks -- they are the best in the world!" he said, patting Rommel on the back. "They're heavy, but have excellent armour and a strong gun. For faster vehicles we use smaller tanks, with smaller guns for light vehicles and missiles to attack other tanks. It is the perfect mix of strength and mobility."
Last edited by Questers on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restore the Crown

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Ahhh a nice mix im sure we like to put our hopes into our infantry we arm them with cheap but easyly aqiureable and useful weapons and stage to defeat the enamy useing our T-90 Tanks some of the best in the world at this time he said smileing im sure the unorginised attack force will not be able to hold up long he sniggered, well i hope whats your first impressions on this?
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Sol-Kar
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sol-Kar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 pm

The forces arrived at the capital, and stopped just outside of it. Captain Hadrionous Winters went inside and headed for the HQ

Dinosians
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:23 pm

OOC: Ok I'll edit my posts, I see what your saying. Your right.

IC: The Admiral was pleased to see that he had minimized his losses. He lost 2 frigates and a destroyer, but managed to save his Carriers.

"It's unfortunate that we only have 3 Burst Missiles per ship. Otherwise this would be to easy." the Admiral said with a sigh.

The Dinosian fleet knew that even after their couterstrike that the enemy would outmatch them, so to cut their losses they temporarily sailed an additional 125km away from Troicarno water.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:24 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:The Anglo-Saxon High Command decided that they would not have to destroy the Qesterian fleet outright, but only destroy enough ships, and kill enough soldiers to force the Questerian forces to fall back. In order to cause the necesarry losses 100 F/A-18Fs were sent in, each armed with Anti-Ship missiles, they were ordered to target the Questerian carriers only engaging other targets if engaging the carriers became too difficult, or impossible. Meanwhile the Anglo-Saxon submarine force was also approaching the Questerian fleet planning to discharge all of their missiles once withing range before retreating back under the surface.

OOC: I would like the Questers to post his losses first because I have no idea of the defences of his naval forces.

in case no one noticed.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:25 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:The Anglo-Saxon High Command decided that they would not have to destroy the Qesterian fleet outright, but only destroy enough ships, and kill enough soldiers to force the Questerian forces to fall back. In order to cause the necesarry losses 100 F/A-18Fs were sent in, each armed with Anti-Ship missiles, they were ordered to target the Questerian carriers only engaging other targets if engaging the carriers became too difficult, or impossible. Meanwhile the Anglo-Saxon submarine force was also approaching the Questerian fleet planning to discharge all of their missiles once withing range before retreating back under the surface.

OOC: I would like the Questers to post his losses first because I have no idea of the defences of his naval forces.

in case no one noticed.
[OOC: Oh, I didn't notice, sorry, I will post a response shortly.]

Dinosians wrote:OOC: Ok I'll edit my posts, I see what your saying. Your right.

IC: The Admiral was pleased to see that he had minimized his losses. He lost 2 frigates and a destroyer, but managed to save his Carriers.

"It's unfortunate that we only have 3 Burst Missiles per ship. Otherwise this would be to easy." the Admiral said with a sigh.

The Dinosian fleet knew that even after their couterstrike that the enemy would outmatch them, so to cut their losses they temporarily sailed an additional 125km away from Troicarno water.
[OOC: What is a "burst missile" and how can it kill thousands of missiles?]
Last edited by Questers on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Restore the Crown

Shadow25
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Khalid :this is not good there is no way we can achieve naval superiority
Elhousany: true this cuts in navy and army budget resulted in a very weak navy a moderate army but a very strong air force
Khalid :we can't win the war from the air
Elhousany: well yeah but it helps
2 men enter
Bob :we manged to put a plan to solve the problem of our weak navy it is codenamed skyhigh (silly i know)
Mohamed :read the file and give us your response

Operation skyhigh
objective: achieving air superiority and opening a way for our landing ships

1.7 air wings (560 saef-19 (aka f-22) ) will scramble and ambush any land based aircraft

2.a high cost sub-operation with the goal of achieving air superiority over Questers carrier based aircraft

3.segel aircraft equipped with specialized anti-ship rocket(talha) will deal with surface ships

4.tarek copters (Maritime helicopters) would then begen hunting subs

Elhousany:too risky and dreamy i will ask our allies about that
Better freedom with danger than peace with slavery
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.

6 April Youth
We did it, thanks Facebook thanks aljazeera thanks Tunisia and thanks twitter.
Smile, you aren't a Palestinian http://www.palestineremembered.com/index.html

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:34 pm

The Questarian AEW picked up the large blob of Saxon fighters several hundred kilometres out and vectored aircraft in to meet them; flying off the decks of the aircraft carriers, 80 navalised De Havilland Dauntless aircraft took off, loaded out with air to air missiles, heading at top speed towards the F-18s; presumably they were loaded for anti-ship sorties.
Restore the Crown

Dinosians
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 pm

[OOC: What is a "burst missile" and how can it kill thousands of missiles?][/quote]

OOC: A Neracite wide-Bursting Missile or Burst Missiles is a weapon developed by Dinosian R&D. Using Neracite to reduce the weight of the Missiles, the Burst Missile is capable of carring Smaller missiles inside of it's self. These missiles also contain even smaller missiles. By launching the Missiles seconds before detonation, the Burst Missile is capable of a wide area of attack. It was designed to eliminate Airbourne opposiition and deal at least Minor Damage to enemy Fleets and ground forces. Since all the missiles are packed with Neracite (which is a unique element [that I made up]) they expode with a much wider range for damage than standard ballistic missiles. Land and Sea bound enemies take minor damage while any Plane or missile under the 5000ft mark is either wiped out completey or heavily damage and is incapable of flight.

My losses are from misslies that were above 5000ft.

Chazicaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chazicaria » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:43 pm

Chazicarian ships detected the attack on the Questerian fleet by the Saxons and immediately sent aid in the form of 150 fighters and 95 Anti Ship weapon armed bombers. Also, about 2 dozen cruise missiles were launched. Hopefully the Chazicarian planes could cover and aid the Saxons while they performed their sortie.

The Chazicarian fighters engaged the Questerian planes with everything they had just as the Chazicarian bombers began firing Anti Ships missiles. At the same time, Chazicarian ships moved towards the beaches to set up a perimeter around the specified landing beach. After the perimeter could be set up, the transports would hit the beaches, unload men and prepare to sail back to Chazicaria. The rest of the Chazicarian fighters and bombers provided cover for these operations.

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Dinosians wrote:

[OOC: What is a "burst missile" and how can it kill thousands of missiles?]

OOC: A Neracite wide-Bursting Missile or Burst Missiles is a weapon developed by Dinosian R&D. Using Neracite to reduce the weight of the Missiles, the Burst Missile is capable of carring Smaller missiles inside of it's self. These missiles also contain even smaller missiles. By launching the Missiles seconds before detonation, the Burst Missile is capable of a wide area of attack. It was designed to eliminate Airbourne opposiition and deal at least Minor Damage to enemy Fleets and ground forces. Since all the missiles are packed with Neracite (which is a unique element [that I made up]) they expode with a much wider range for damage than standard ballistic missiles. Land and Sea bound enemies take minor damage while any Plane or missile under the 5000ft mark is either wiped out completey or heavily damage and is incapable of flight.

My losses are from misslies that were above 5000ft.[/quote][OOC:
(1) I've already explained that packing smaller missiles into a missile reduces its payload.
(2) So you invented a chemical element used as an explosive that is so light... well, let's look at it this way. I launched 2,400 missiles and you lost 3 ships. This would mean that realistically speaking, you shot down, at least 2,300 missiles. Assuming a 100% interception rate, which is manifestly absurd, you would need the equivalent of, let's say, 2,300 Sea Sparrow missiles. A Sea Sparrow has a 40kg, rounded down, warhead. So, firstly, you need to pack 2,300 missiles into 96 missiles, since you state you have 32 ships with 3 burst missiles each. That's 23.9 Sea Sparrow equivalents per burst missile, aka a 920kg payload per missile. Of course, you also have to fit a missile within a missile, so you need the actual weight of the missile, which is 231kg for a Sea Sparrow. So you need to put 23.9 Sea Sparrows into one missile; do you realise how absurd this is getting? Even if it wasn't godmodding to invent a chemical element in MT, that your "neracite" is a fraction of the weight of KDX doesn't matter because you still need to fit the actual missiles inside a missile.
Restore the Crown

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Questers wrote:The Questarian AEW picked up the large blob of Saxon fighters several hundred kilometres out and vectored aircraft in to meet them; flying off the decks of the aircraft carriers, 80 navalised De Havilland Dauntless aircraft took off, loaded out with air to air missiles, heading at top speed towards the F-18s; presumably they were loaded for anti-ship sorties.

The Anglo-Saxon F/A-18Fs evaded the Questarian fighters and continued towards the Quesarian fleet releasing their missiles on the first available ships. The Anglo-Saxon forces lost 35 fighters to Quesarian aircraft before reaching the fleet.

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Chazicaria wrote:Chazicarian ships detected the attack on the Questerian fleet by the Saxons and immediately sent aid in the form of 150 fighters and 95 Anti Ship weapon armed bombers. Also, about 2 dozen cruise missiles were launched. Hopefully the Chazicarian planes could cover and aid the Saxons while they performed their sortie.

The Chazicarian fighters engaged the Questerian planes with everything they had just as the Chazicarian bombers began firing Anti Ships missiles. At the same time, Chazicarian ships moved towards the beaches to set up a perimeter around the specified landing beach. After the perimeter could be set up, the transports would hit the beaches, unload men and prepare to sail back to Chazicaria. The rest of the Chazicarian fighters and bombers provided cover for these operations.
The Mogami air defence cruisers picked up the inbound bombers and used their swarm communications equipment to automatically divide up their targeting; each ship fired two A-111 ALLIGATOR SAMs at each missile launched by either the Chazicarians or the Saxon aircraft, and a further four A-111 ALLIGATOR SAMs at each Chzicarian bomber and Saxon F-18. With the early-warning from the AEW aircraft, most of the missiles were knocked out of the sky, but some got through the A-111 reaction and were met with smaller A-120 ARROW missiles, four per missile, which finished off the bombardment.

In the air, the Questarian fighters were patently outnumbered. More aircraft took off from their carriers and joined the fight; in the mean time, six fighters were lost and four more had to return to base; the Questarians loosed off their missiles at the Chazicarian fighters and withdrew.

[OOC: I would question the ability to send fighters at my fleet, given that fighter aircraft generally have a combat radius of less than 800km.]
Last edited by Questers on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restore the Crown

Chazicaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chazicaria » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm

8 Chazicarian fighters were lost but the rest did not give up, they resorted to heat seeking missiles and their 20mm cannons to continue the fight. The bombers lost 11 planes but began using their 25mm cannons to strafe the ships. Also, the second round of anti ship missiles were fired, this time with jammers to help lower the chance of them being shot down, this did however, slightly decrease accuracy of the missiles. The fighters were able to better put up a fight, considering they were unready for the skill of the Questerians in the beginning of the attack.

OOC: My fleet is only about 600km from yours.
Last edited by Chazicaria on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow25
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 pm

commence operation skyhigh

7 air wings and begin a search for land based aircraft

15 air wings 1200 (800 fighters 400 bomber) aircraft begins a large air assault over quesatrian fleet

elhosseny firs ask about enemy casualties

6 April Youth

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Chazicaria wrote:8 Chazicarian fighters were lost but the rest did not give up, they resorted to heat seeking missiles and their 20mm cannons to continue the fight. The bombers lost 11 planes but began using their 25mm cannons to strafe the ships. Also, the second round of anti ship missiles were fired, this time with jammers to help lower the chance of them being shot down, this did however, slightly decrease accuracy of the missiles.
Now that the Chazicarian bombers were over the fleet, they were in range of every surface to air weapon deployable. Twenty A-145 AMPHION surface to air missiles were launched at the Chazicarian bombers as well as anti air guns being fired at them. Given that all of the shipborne search radars in the fleet were AESA it would be effectively impossible to jam them with the sort of jamming devices used on missiles.

The Questarian fighters began to dogfight with the Chazicarians. A further four planes were lost.

[OOC: How did you only lose 11 planes when I fired SAMs per plane?

Also, since when are you only within 600km range? Given that my AEW have a scanning range of 600km~ plus a patrol radius of say, 400km, would you mind explaining how you slipped past them?]
Last edited by Questers on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restore the Crown

Questers
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Shadow25 wrote:commence operation skyhigh

15 air wings 1200 (800 fighters 400 bomber) aircraft begins a large air assault over quesatrian fleet

[OOC: Launching from where exactly?]
Restore the Crown

Shadow25
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Questers wrote:
Shadow25 wrote:commence operation skyhigh

[OOC: Launching from where exactly?]

ooc from my land recent research with half my defense budget directed at the air force they are able to reach their targets

anyway while your navy is busy with this attack 2 marine divsions are dumped on nearby islands with engineers where they quickly zapture airfeilds as defending troops are caught of guard with 236 kia 356 wia and 60 mia we aren't shure how many enemy soldier are captured yet

6 April Youth

Sol-Kar
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sol-Kar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Winters reached the HQ and knocked on the door

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:26 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Questers wrote:The Questarian AEW picked up the large blob of Saxon fighters several hundred kilometres out and vectored aircraft in to meet them; flying off the decks of the aircraft carriers, 80 navalised De Havilland Dauntless aircraft took off, loaded out with air to air missiles, heading at top speed towards the F-18s; presumably they were loaded for anti-ship sorties.

The Anglo-Saxon F/A-18Fs evaded the Questarian fighters and continued towards the Quesarian fleet releasing their missiles on the first available ships. The Anglo-Saxon forces lost 35 fighters to Quesarian aircraft before reaching the fleet.

once again bump.

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:36 pm

The Satirian fleet closed in on Tropicarno, to the point that the nation was in eyesight. Glory, which tasted like brass and zinc, which he tasted on a daily basis during his toddler years, to Spc. Tenth Order Craig, was in the air in such densities that one could ladle it out like a soup. Behind him on the deck of the amphibious assault ship SNS Spawn, he could hear the Mi-8Ts revving up their turboshafts, all painted in the drab blueish, grayish, green that they called the Standard Green Drab Camouflage, and maybe the clanking noises down there were the work of the hovercrafts. Looking around him, he saw the Hamilcar frigates and their 115mm guns revving up, the cruisers opening some of their VLS tubes, and some mercenary ships, a bit too light to be considered frigates, but definitely larger than a PT boat, from Urbs Borealis Security Contractors, with their slapdash look, doing their crazy warm-up with their cannibalized PzH2000 turrets, by moving the cannon up and down as the turret spun circles. As he could vaguely make out the coastal defenses, his observations were interrupted by a noise.
Blam.
It was the mercs, beginning to spray their 155mm shells in preparation for the landing. It was his cue to check his AR-14 and start heading towards the Mil. The Battle of the Beachhead had begun, and he didn't want to miss any of it.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Tropicarno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicarno » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:18 am

The Tropicarno Aif force decided it would deploy its fighters to assist there allies ships. 1000 Migs and 500 STMIGS were sent to engadge the enamy fleet and air force they ddint expect to win just hold them back long enough for there allies to win

Back on Dragon Head beach the bombardment began it would determine the first stages of the war.Coastal Artillery some of the biggest in the world fired shells at the ships which exploded with a force incredibly devistateing unfortuntly lacking aim. but if it mangied to score a direct hit only the heavyest of battleships could survive let alone continue fighting. As the artillery fired more and more shells Rommel braught up snipers which sat hidden behind rocks bunkers or simply laying on the beach, everytime a enamy salier or soldier came into veiw they would redecorate the ship in a new instant couler called hint of brain The Battle of Dragon Head beach had begun!
Weapons USed By Us
Bombers White Night

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:33 am

Tropicarno wrote:The Tropicarno Aif force decided it would deploy its fighters to assist there allies ships. 1000 Migs and 500 STMIGS were sent to engadge the enamy fleet and air force they ddint expect to win just hold them back long enough for there allies to win

Back on Dragon Head beach the bombardment began it would determine the first stages of the war.Coastal Artillery some of the biggest in the world fired shells at the ships which exploded with a force incredibly devistateing unfortuntly lacking aim. but if it mangied to score a direct hit only the heavyest of battleships could survive let alone continue fighting. As the artillery fired more and more shells Rommel braught up snipers which sat hidden behind rocks bunkers or simply laying on the beach, everytime a enamy salier or soldier came into veiw they would redecorate the ship in a new instant couler called hint of brain The Battle of Dragon Head beach had begun!

At who?
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents