NATION

PASSWORD

World Anti-Slavery Organization

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where would you like to see most of WASO's action?

Underground Organizations that help slaves run away
22%
Buying slaves at slave auctions
16%
Interfering in slave trade
21%
Military action on nations with much slavery
25%
Taking sides in wars that involve slavery
16%

Total votes : 2281

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 am

Nope, wouldnt disagree with stopping the rape of a five year old. However when it comes to other nations you are not just walking down a street, you are walking into someone else's house. Also, my nation was formally part of a vast empire that split up, and became an EDIT: Imperialist Republic in 1950 after the heir to the nation's throne voluntary abdicated. Its true founders were a royal family and a branch of the Catholic Church.

That said, I am not trying to get in a pissing match with you, and I regret our tones have become so agressive. The point I am trying to make is threatening nations under the pretense of your interpretation of international law is wrong imo. Why not just say your against slavery and will use force to stop it. Or, just have no dealings with slave nations and tend to your nation instead.
Last edited by Lowell Leber on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 am

It is not different at all. Because in the case of a "government" it's not one 5 year old it is millions at a time. So its ok to rape as long as you have enough friends together to rape a lot of people at once? That's not really what you are saying, is it?

This is only a big criminal enterprise, it is still a criminal act. Just because there are enough criminals to name themselves king or what have you doesn't change their spots. They are criminals and the victims of their criminality can be assisted in the same way that a small child can be helped from the rapist. This is Universal Jurisdiction, it says because a criminal or group of criminals commit such a heinous act that decent folks can and should act to help those who can't help themselves.

Make no mistake, slavery isn't a nice enterprise. Have you ever thought about what slavery would really be like? Lets imagine that you are my slave. Your day begins when at 4 am I come into your room and I rape you. Think about that and think about that happening every day of your life from the time you are a small child. Would you live in fear? Terror? Victims in most places can go to the police or the courts or someone...but for a slave there is no help, no one to go to. After which your day is spent doing my bidding and if I don't like what you are doing I will punish you severely physically.

When you reach the age where you can produce children, I breed you to those I choose. I take the children because like you they belong to me. Some I rape, some I kill and some I sale to other people just like me. Can you imagine living that way for 10 years? 20 year or 50? Can you really imagine that?

You say its justifiable to shoot three thugs raping one child. Here thugs rape, murder, terrorize and brutalize tens of millions, billions every day. You are damn right we exercise universal jurisdiction.
Stand up, it's time to rise. It's time for revenge, opposition must die
Chaos, violence, revolution now! - GG Allin

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:09 am

1. Not all slaves are abused the way you describe.
2. Who decides what is criminal? Religion? International Governments? Soverign States? Or just the Government of Libertarian Governance?
3. OOC-this is a nation-simulator, not real life. Temper your zeal...
IC The Leberite Empire

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:17 am

Every slave is abused. The very institution is abusive. Can you explain what an inherent right is?

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 am

Kind of I guess...a right that an individual has because they exist. Unfortuantely these rights are often taken away by those with bigger guns.

Your still missing my point, why are you so intense about this? We are talking about the slavery of simulated individuals. Its a game...
IC The Leberite Empire

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:35 am

You asked a question about crime, I referred you to the answer by having you explain what an inherent right is. To break it down you have a right not to be murdered and if someone murders you we call that a crime. Violations of inherent rights are the only legitimate crimes there are. So, I do hope that answers your questions.

Maybe you are missing the point: You are on a role play forum which is why my responses tend to be in IC form. However, this is an anti-slavery forum and we aren't here to debate why you or anyone else should be able to have slaves. We are in fact here to associate with countries who wish to put a stop to slavery. Are you a member of WASO?

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:40 am

No, our nation was considering joining the WASO until we discovered the militant attitude prevalent in the organization. Our nation will continue its efforts in this matter on its own.

OOC-I get your point, I shouldnt have commented being that I am not a member.
IC The Leberite Empire

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 am

If you look at the poll up above something like 1000 + voted some sort of military action against slavers. Most of us advocate large quantities of military force. Though my OOC point was that we and this organization are well beyond caring what anyone has to say to justify the enslavement of sentient beings or to defend these thugs or apologize for their disgusting actions. We are here to stop slavery.

Kurundje
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurundje » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:29 am

Seriously. In rl I hate slavery, but this is a game. Were all actors
Wars: War on Libertarian Governance- Kurundjen Revolution and Surrender
2nd American Civil War- Withdrawal
Defcon Level: 12345
At war against: No One
Embassies: French Union
Pacts and Allainces: Serovskaya Pact
Puppets/Protectorates: Golygonoho

Products or Stores:Kurundje Smuggling Company http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96974
Budget: NSD 30,643,913,750

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:44 am

Libertarian Governance wrote:
Southern Patriots wrote:snip

I didn't expect a slaver to be able to follow the difference between NS Earth and RL Earth. Obviously most people who would support racism, slavery and other forms of oppression tend to be intellectually challenged themselves. Universal Jurisdiction in the case of Libertarian Governance is an aspect of recognized regional, national and alliance law. Which does make it international law though solely from our perspective and only so because we choose to follow and enforce it.

You know this is a game, right? You're starting to get snippy.

Southern Patriots wrote:Yes there is slavery, but the only slaves are the indigs of Southron, who were considered unfit to rule the territory or govern themselves adequately.

Southern Patriots wrote:Yes, Southrons practice slavery of the indig population only. Non-indigs (and not ethnic Southrons) are placed in indentured servitude, which allows them certain rights and even pay. Some indigs are freed or earn their freedom, and are able to own slaves, but not indentured servants, themselves. Many do.
Native Southrons can never be enslaved or indentured.

You're still missing how it started. ;)

Yeah of course we don't know anything about your country because you think you are invisible and live in a little extra dimensional space that no one can see in. Actually, most of us tend to ignore you due to the poor ability of your nations to rp the consequences of their actions. The only nations that really involve themselves in your threads are noobs. Occasionally I will TG one of you and see if you are actually willing to RP what you are claiming to be able to do. Only then and by prior agreement will I post in any slavers thread.

How are you getting all that? I've never claimed to be invisible, would be rather silly.

Speaking of rp do you actually rp? because I could only find like two things that look like attempts to rp. everything else is you sprouting advocacy for slavery, making racist generalizations and the like. Do you actually rp or are you just a troll?

Protip: Someone who disagrees with you =/= a troll.

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:47 am

Libertarian Governance wrote:Who founded your country?

Pirates?

I ask because what makes you better than us? Specifically since for over 270 years we have been a functional Republic operating on democratic ideals. Civil rights and political rights are far higher then your nations in Libertarian Governance. Do you really understand what freedom is, the concept of individual liberty and inherent rights? Universal Jurisdiction is like walking down the street and you see a 5 year old child being raped by two or three adult thugs. Now, that child can't defend herself are you really going to tell me it would be wrong of the person walking down the street to pull his weapon and kill those thugs raping that child?

No, that's not universal jurisdiction. In that situation you seem to already be a resident of a nation with laws that may support your side.
Universal jurisdiction as you applied would be flying to a country where you heard rape happens and shooting someone you heard is a rapist, thus committing a crime as well in their country.

Regardless, I agree that our disagreements should no longer trouble your thread. I'll leave for now, and allow you a last (inaccurate) word. ;)
Last edited by Southern Patriots on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Yellow Zone 20-A
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellow Zone 20-A » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:52 am

To:The WASO.
Brothers and sisters i have taken a long time to look at the achievements of your organisation and applaud you efforts.
As such a would like to force a allegiance between our two groups to not only fight the monstrosity that is slavery......
But also imperialism and extortion.
-KANE-
Actual Taxes in the Prosperous Peoples Republic of Yellow Zone 20-A: 29%, and 60% for the rich.
Revelation 9:3-Peace Through Power!

Underium
Senator

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:27 am

I have sat back and listened for long enough. We don't mistreat our slaves, from when you are born until you are five years of age you are in essence a slave, so everyone, absolutely everyone has been a slave for five years in our nation, after being a slave depending on your interests and talents they decide a job for you where you go and work until your old, is that slavery? we treat the people that are "slaves with respect.

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:41 am

Underium wrote:I have sat back and listened for long enough. We don't mistreat our slaves, from when you are born until you are five years of age you are in essence a slave, so everyone, absolutely everyone has been a slave for five years in our nation, after being a slave depending on your interests and talents they decide a job for you where you go and work until your old, is that slavery? we treat the people that are "slaves with respect.

This is just crazy but since you do promote and support slavery our government is completely justified in taking the aforementioned actions against your regime. I am at this time deploying military forces off your coast and any five year old we find being mistreated as slaves we will liberate as able and turn them over to Free The Children. I'm just curious, do you make these five year old people pick cotton or what exactly are their slave duties?

Lyndiana
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyndiana » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:46 am

It should be noted that in Lyndiana, all slaves have a legal right to decent food, clean water, and good shelter. Also, while slaves are bought and sold, a slave can earn "tenure". If a slave works for a certain number of years for the same master, that slave cannot be sold without good reason, and it must be approved. Also, families are never, I repeat, never split up. It's the whole family or nothing.
Hathradic States wrote:
Conoga wrote:In some parts of 40's America, Johnson is slang for the M1941 Johnson rifle.

"Private Johnson! Stop shoving your Johnson into the barrel of your Johnson!"

February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
Colonies: Bashir
Premier: Alex Flynn
Eldest son of the Premier: Patrick Flynn (Next in line)
Younger son: Field Marshal David Flynn (Currently deployed)

Wenn ist das Nunstuck geht und slotermeyer? Ja! Ba yerhund das oder die Flipperwaldt gespuhrt!

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 am

Lyndiana wrote:It should be noted that in Lyndiana, all slaves have a legal right to decent food, clean water, and good shelter. Also, while slaves are bought and sold, a slave can earn "tenure". If a slave works for a certain number of years for the same master, that slave cannot be sold without good reason, and it must be approved. Also, families are never, I repeat, never split up. It's the whole family or nothing.

And when the family wants to leave and be free, do you let them?

Lyndiana
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyndiana » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 am

Lyndiana wrote:It should be noted that in Lyndiana, all slaves have a legal right to decent food, clean water, and good shelter. Also, while slaves are bought and sold, a slave can earn "tenure". If a slave works for a certain number of years for the same master, that slave cannot be sold without good reason, and it must be approved. Also, families are never, I repeat, never split up. It's the whole family or nothing.

No. But life's a bitch that way.
Hathradic States wrote:
Conoga wrote:In some parts of 40's America, Johnson is slang for the M1941 Johnson rifle.

"Private Johnson! Stop shoving your Johnson into the barrel of your Johnson!"

February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
Colonies: Bashir
Premier: Alex Flynn
Eldest son of the Premier: Patrick Flynn (Next in line)
Younger son: Field Marshal David Flynn (Currently deployed)

Wenn ist das Nunstuck geht und slotermeyer? Ja! Ba yerhund das oder die Flipperwaldt gespuhrt!

British Kuwait
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby British Kuwait » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:55 am

Lyndiana wrote:

You shouldn't attempt to sugar coat it then.
Proud member of the Anti-ORBAT Club

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Lyndiana wrote:

Your country being bombed into the stoneage is a bitch too. Putting people into slavery is itself abusive and brutal repression. So please take your BS back to your pro-slavery thread and don't bother us with such silly and asinine statements.

Underium
Senator

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:18 pm

All current OHTO members have no business here.

Diol
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diol » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Libertarian governance, threatening nations on pen-and-paper grounds is wrong. This makes you the barbaric one. You might find that nations become sick and tired of being lectured like a toddler and decide to do something about it. If you continue to threaten nations in this way and argue like a child i might be forced to use military action if only to silance the torrent of noise.

Have a nice day,
Ischwami diazz, foreign affairs.
the silver isles
An up and comming rp region with an active community!
I rp as the united vakali empire in all techs
Proud slaver state. All arguments accepted and answered.
Note: I am blind. Expect terrible grammar, as it is hard to skim posts with screen reader.

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:25 pm

I am not the one refusing to rp consequences to my actions. Bring it :

WASO let us be rid of these foul slavers and the depraved societies they run. The solution to these barbaric thugs is a bullet in the skull. To war

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=97172

The Floor Kippers
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 12, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Floor Kippers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Libertarian Governance wrote:I am not the one refusing to rp consequences to my actions. Bring it :

WASO let us be rid of these foul slavers and the depraved societies they run. The solution to these barbaric thugs is a bullet in the skull. To war

We wish to inform others that people like this are not representative of WASO and remind all involved that WASO is not involved in a war until the founder, Denecaep, "Gives his blessing" so to speak.
Co-Founder of The Realm of Unrestricted Science.
“The shortest unit of time in the multiverse is the New York Second, defined as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green and the cab behind you honking.”
"Never discuss religion, politics, or toast"
Great Nepal wrote:
The Floor Kippers wrote:Britain has a stronger claim than Argentina does.

That doesn't say much...
Martian alien slugs who have never heard of earth have stronger claim than Argentina.

Diol
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diol » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 pm

The Floor Kippers wrote:
Libertarian Governance wrote:I am not the one refusing to rp consequences to my actions. Bring it :

We wish to inform others that people like this are not representative of WASO and remind all involved that WASO is not involved in a war until the founder, Denecaep, "Gives his blessing" so to speak.

I will rp the consequences of my actions if i would fight nations that had more than talk in their arsenal.
Bring it on, without half the allies you rely on, you are nothing.
the silver isles
An up and comming rp region with an active community!
I rp as the united vakali empire in all techs
Proud slaver state. All arguments accepted and answered.
Note: I am blind. Expect terrible grammar, as it is hard to skim posts with screen reader.

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:51 pm

My country by itself will crush your nation in a afternoon of fun without one soldier breaking a sweat. We would also state categorically that Libertarian Governance doesn't need anyones permission to go to war over slavery. Perhaps the leadership of WASO should actually start taking some action against slavery instead of pissing in a corner like a scared puppy. I will also remind you sir that the members of this organization, myself included have voted overwhelmingly to use military force to end slavery.

Cowardice be damned. To war!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents