NATION

PASSWORD

International Association of Slave Exporting Nations-(IASEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Ozymos wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:
North african empire wrote:Due to presure by the larger Nations and the formation of International Organization of Governments the NAE hereby withdraws from the IASEN. We mean no disrespect to the IASEN nations that we have a alliance.

This is forbidden.

Er, no it's not. Unless you want to fight him and conquer him, he's got the right to leave whenever he likes.

Look in the Code of Rules.

And furthermore: Any nation that leaves in spite of the new rule shall have an embargo levied on them by all remaining members.
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Ozymos wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:
North african empire wrote:Due to presure by the larger Nations and the formation of International Organization of Governments the NAE hereby withdraws from the IASEN. We mean no disrespect to the IASEN nations that we have a alliance.

This is forbidden.

Er, no it's not. Unless you want to fight him and conquer him, he's got the right to leave whenever he likes.

And furthermore: Any nation that leaves in spite of the new rule shall have an embargo levied on them by all remaining members.

Holding members hostage is a terrible notion. Though I agree any nation that defects should be subject to tariffs perhaps embargo is an unnecessary step.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Ozymos wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:

This is forbidden.

Holding members hostage is a terrible notion. Though I agree any nation that defects should be subject to tariffs perhaps embargo is an unnecessary step.

Support is needed more than ever, once the danger passes, the rule will be lifted.

North African Empire
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North African Empire » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:12 pm

The NAE has made mistakes in the pass that we wish to correct and one was ever make enimes with Ozmyos. We wish to not see our friends make the same mistake. We now wish to make friends with the democratic nation and our move is not a running scare move only one member in this alliance has another man to fight off a large invasion force and I do not wish to see my country in ruins so with all due respect to IASEN nations the NAE will withdraw from the organization.
Offical Name: The United Arab Republics of North African Empire
Official Motto: "In the glory of the UAR!."
Capital City: Rabat
Form of Government: Islamic Theocracy
Head of State: Union Commander Muhammad Nasser
Head of Government: Prime Minister Amare Mensah

North African Embassy Program (major overhaul underway.)| NAE IIwiki Page| NS Factbook (coming soon)| NAE flag| Global Powers| Prophetical Islam

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:

LOL, that Lady Justice is kinda out of place in an organization that imprisons people and trades them like goods for a living.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:16 pm

North african empire wrote:The NAE has made mistakes in the pass that we wish to correct and one was ever make enimes with Ozmyos. We wish to not see our friends make the same mistake. We now wish to make friends with the democratic nation and our move is not a running scare move only one member in this alliance has another man to fight off a large invasion force and I do not wish to see my country in ruins so with all due respect to IASEN nations the NAE will withdraw from the organization.

As the NAE has donated a large troop force to the IASENCF, they are permitted to leave.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Tenets of the Legal Slave Trade of Des-Bal

1.Citizens of another nation may not be taken as slaves unless captured as prisoners of war or otherwise authorized by the high council.
2.Slaves will not be sold to a nation where their sale is known to be illegal.
3.Ships containing slaves for the purpose of sale will aknowledge the laws of other nations.
4.A human cannot be enslaved without first being convicted of a crime.
5.A human slave cannot legally be killed, beaten beyond reasonable means, or raped.
6.Human slaves will have the option to purchase their freedom if they are able to raise five times the amount they were purchased for.
7.Sub-Human slaves that were given the opportunity to purchase their freedom for a price decided by the owner will be entitled to the provisions of the agreement regardless of circumstance.

Des-Bal encourages other nations to use these tenets as guidelines to ensure domestic and international relations are not more strained than necessary.
Last edited by Des-Bal on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:20 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:

LOL, that Lady Justice is kinda out of place in an organization that imprisons people and trades them like goods for a living.

The justice comes from the inherent right of all nations to practice whatever domestic policies they choose.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Des-Bal wrote:Tenets of the Legal Slave Trade of Des-Bal

1.Citizens of another nation may not be taken as slaves unless captured as prisoners of war or otherwise authorized by the high council.
3.Ships containing slaves for the purpose of sale will aknowledge the laws of other nations.
5.A human slave cannot legally be killed, beaten beyond reasonable means, or raped.
6.Human slaves will have the option to purchase their freedom if they are able to raise five times the amount they were purchased for.
7.Sub-Human slaves that were given the opportunity to purchase their freedom for a price decided by the owner will be entitled to the provisions of the agreement regardless of circumstance.

Des-Bal encourages other nations to use these tenets as guidelines to ensure domestic and international relations are not more strained than necessary.

Trust me, giving rights to slaves isn't going to appease people that aren't part of your little organization, particularly people who would have your slaves be freed.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Des-Bal wrote:The justice comes from the inherent right of all nations to practice whatever domestic policies they choose.

That's called "national sovereignty", and last time I checked it is hackney political ideal and a shallow excuse used by people who want to be free to abuse other people

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:29 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

Trust me, giving rights to slaves isn't going to appease people that aren't part of your little organization, particularly people who would have your slaves be freed.

My goal isn't to appease the babbling savages simply to set a precedent for the humane treatment of slaves. There is no evil in slavery however unnecessary abuse benefits no one.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:29 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

And it might piss off some members too. (Me).
Last edited by Greater Tezdrian on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:The justice comes from the inherent right of all nations to practice whatever domestic policies they choose.

That's called "national sovereignty", and last time I checked it is hackney political ideal and a shallow excuse used by people who want to be free to abuse other people

I'm aware of what its called and I've used the phrase quite freely. Last time I checked it was a side-effect of free-will.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Des-Bal, we are considering expelling you from the IASEN for your policies.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:Des-Bal, we are considering expelling you from the IASEN for your policies.

Which ones? Our Goal has always been to ensure national sovereignty was respected and domestic policies upheld. If it is your perogative to interfere with domestic policies in the same fashion then I'm not entirely sure which group you intend to keep on your side but by activley upsetting the moralists and dictating the actions of the libertarians you'll find you have few allies.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:Des-Bal, we are considering expelling you from the IASEN for your policies.

Which ones? Our Goal has always been to ensure national sovereignty was respected and domestic policies upheld. If it is your perogative to interfere with domestic policies in the same fashion then I'm not entirely sure which group you intend to keep on your side but by activley upsetting the moralists and dictating the actions of the libertarians you'll find you have few allies.

1, 4, 5, 6.

I doubt their practicality. As for #1, does that mean you cannot export slaves? For #4, the domestic slave pool would dry up quickly. For #5, sex slaves are a HUGE commodity, with that gone, the economy could fall. For #6, It might be unlikely, but slaves buying their freedom would also put a dent in the DSP.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:

1, 4, 5, 6.

I doubt their practicality. As for #1, does that mean you cannot export slaves? For #4, the domestic slave pool would dry up quickly. For #5, sex slaves are a HUGE commodity, with that gone, the economy could fall. For #6, It might be unlikely, but slaves buying their freedom would also put a dent in the DSP.

1 means if I find one of your citizens vacationing in my land I can't make them slaves. Once somene is made a slave they are no longer a citizen and can be relocated freely.
4 That particular policy is only practiced in Des-Bal because our nation has an abundance of Sub-Humans.
5 Again we hae alot of Sub-Humans.
6 This is again contingent on Des-Bals nature, as slavery of humans is a punitive measure the duration of the punishment is simply as long as it takes them to find 5 times their value. Even an incredibly cheap slave would have outstanding difficulty doing this, and even if they do purchase their freedom the owner now has the abillity to purchase five more slaves.

Des-Bal lacks the standing in this alliance to mandate anything and beyond that has no wish to do so. We simply wish to show the system that thusfar has balanced our economy and the treatment of slaves.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:

1, 4, 5, 6.

1 means if I find one of your citizens vacationing in my land I can't make them slaves. Once somene is made a slave they are no longer a citizen and can be relocated freely.
4 That particular policy is only practiced in Des-Bal because our nation has an abundance of Sub-Humans.
5 Again we hae alot of Sub-Humans.
6 This is again contingent on Des-Bals nature, as slavery of humans is a punitive measure the duration of the punishment is simply as long as it takes them to find 5 times their value. Even an incredibly cheap slave would have outstanding difficulty doing this, and even if they do purchase their freedom the owner now has the abillity to purchase five more slaves.

Des-Bal lacks the standing in this alliance to mandate anything and beyond that has no wish to do so. We simply wish to show the system that thusfar has balanced our economy and the treatment of slaves.

Very well than, you shall not be expelled.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:04 pm

So let me get this straght. Des-Bal states that slaves can not legaly beat slaves beyond reasondable means, but can descalp them as "gifts" of revenge to other nations? I may have just changed my mind on the Free Men Bill, concidering your attempts to validatdate such an act with "rules". No creature is concidered sub-human, unless they have not obtained sapence. Yethtu hereby requests an organized axis to oppose slavery through peaceful means, if at all possable.
Proud owners of the State of Contonara, colonial posetion.
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.
-If there ever was a God, he gave up a LONG time ago-

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

-Just becuse I find it distasteful, does not mean I can find it illegal-
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

New Chalcedon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Chalcedon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:07 pm

OPEN COMMUNIQUE FROM THE DESK OF HER MAJESTY

To Whom It May Concern;

The Empire of New Chalcedon notes with great pleasure and approbation the withdrawal of the North African Empire from the despicable International Association of Slave Exporting Nations. In consequence, we note that the NAE is under threat of trade embargoes from the remaining members of same, and pledge to take all reasonable steps necessary to redress such damages.

[signed]

Eirena Sofiana Doukaina-Palaiologina
Empress and Lady of New Chalcedon.
Fuck it all. Let the world burn - there's no way roaches could do a worse job of being decent than we have.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
I'm aware of what its called and I've used the phrase quite freely. Last time I checked it was a side-effect of free-will.

Not of your slaves, of course.

I'm pretty sure your sovereignty means jack to them, despite any civil rights you give them. I'm sure a lot of them just want their freedom. I'm just saying, others will agree, and just because you honorably fight for your right to own slaves won't make you a hero to anyone, just kind of a lazy jerk.

I'm sure others have declared war on more than one of your countries. I know Great Nepal has gotten several offers, and he's kind of a jerk in general. The Chair shall not pursue any endeavors against the IASEN, both because your slaves are well-treated (allegedly) and because we know you'll refuse to RP. And I sure as hell ain't RPing with Great Nepal.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Yethtu wrote:

So let me get this straght. Des-Bal states that slaves can not legaly beat slaves beyond reasondable means, but can descalp them as "gifts" of revenge to other nations? I may have just changed my mind on the Free Men Bill, concidering your attempts to validatdate such an act with "rules". No creature is concidered sub-human, unless they have not obtained sapence. Yethtu hereby requests an organized axis to oppose slavery through peaceful means, if at all possable.

Descalp is not a word. In the same sense that to weed a garden is to remove weeds not add them to scalp is to remove the scalp. The tenet to which you are referring regards only humans. Sub-Human slaves can be killed freely, you do not shoot your television, this is not because you respect your television as an equal it is because your television is expensive. The scalps were sent from individuals captured in connection with millitant activities. We don't wish to validate ourselves as we have done nothing wrong. These regulations are in place simply because we wish them to be.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
\\ General has made a solemn promise to send you the scalps of nine children for every vessel accosted and encourages other nations to do the same. For the sake of the children? If you can earnestly say this isn't another foolish attempt to use morality as a guise for enforcing your culture on others then I suggest wholeheartedly you reweigh your decision.

So children, connected with millitent. Wow, does your country have no morals? And, by the way, Yethtu (nor, I beleive, most of the other non-slaving nations) recognize your right to label somebody "sub-human".
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Yethtu wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:
\\ General has made a solemn promise to send you the scalps of nine children for every vessel accosted and encourages other nations to do the same. For the sake of the children? If you can earnestly say this isn't another foolish attempt to use morality as a guise for enforcing your culture on others then I suggest wholeheartedly you reweigh your decision.

So children, connected with millitent. Wow, does your country have no morals? And, by the way, Yethtu (nor, I beleive, most of the other non-slaving nations) recognize your right to label somebody "sub-human".

Yes actually. One of them is suspected of being affiliated with the group that assasinated the Minister of Human Rights. He emptied a banana clip at the soldiers who eventually captured him. They don't need to recognize it. We do.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:29 pm

You have a minister of human rights? He must be on a long vactaion.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents