NATION

PASSWORD

Festival of Carnage [Open/OOC/High-PMT/Attn-REC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vistora
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:
The top of the Tectonic-class looks kind of like an oil rig, or more accurately a bunch of heavy mining equipment clustered together on a platform, like giant augurs and bucket excavators and such. I'm fine with impromptu description, so long as they follow that general idea.

As for the bridge glass for the Battle-stations, including the Pyramidion? Uhh... really strong... clear stuff. Hehe. It's half a meter thick, rated to withstand 300 megajoule impacts (think 50-kilo railgun slug at 3500 m/s), and has descending blast shields designed for bomb shelters.

Ah. See, I was originally going to have Ippolyta directly assault the bridge by jumping out the hangar of her ship and then diving straight through the window like a badass. Unfortunately, waking up back on Citadel with a thumping headache accompanying the knowledge that some poor fool's going to have to scrape her old body off the window like a fly on a truck's windshield is most assuredly not an act of badassery befitting the Manreaper.

Alright, I can work with that, thank you.

Well, it'd certainly send a message. Maybe not the one you'd intended, however.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Wait...so wouldn't my Drill Rocket still go through? I remember a stray hitting that same mining vessel...in the face.
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:Wait...so wouldn't my Drill Rocket still go through? I remember a stray hitting that same mining vessel...in the face.

I dunno. Sure it might bust through after a few minutes of constant drilling, but it's a pretty good way to fudge any pretenses of stealth very quickly.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:Wait...so wouldn't my Drill Rocket still go through? I remember a stray hitting that same mining vessel...in the face.

>Drill Rocket

Welp, there goes the realism again.

On a side note, sorry for pretty much abandoning this. I had a more important RP to do.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:

>Drill Rocket

Welp, there goes the realism again.

On a side note, sorry for pretty much abandoning this. I had a more important RP to do.

Oh, no worries. Also, I'm pretty sure realism was precluded when I hauled five levitating battlecarriers into the fight as my primary force. Armed with a kilometer-long death ray. And force field projectors. *nods*
Last edited by Vistora on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:07 am

Just letting you all know that, since I'm currently ludicrously-busy with five septillion different things right now (not least of which are two exams I've got coming up that I need to revise for), the earliest you'll likely see the next post of mine here is Tuesday. Apologies for any inconveniences!
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:37 am

Blakullar wrote:Just letting you all know that, since I'm currently ludicrously-busy with five septillion different things right now (not least of which are two exams I've got coming up that I need to revise for), the earliest you'll likely see the next post of mine here is Tuesday. Apologies for any inconveniences!

Oh, no worries at all. I can't see any major obligations on part of the Mecharussians arising too soon, so you probably have a fair grace period nonetheless.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Tundra, did you want to post a response from your faction to the Aerines?

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Yeah im just stuck with homework all the time :( I should be able to get at least a mini-response by tonight (as in I can edit later)
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:Yeah im just stuck with homework all the time :( I should be able to get at least a mini-response by tonight (as in I can edit later)

Ahh yes, the eternal struggle of RL obligation. Take your time, there's no huge rush.

Halcyonis
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Halcyonis » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Application Form

Participant Name: Commonwealth of Halcyonis
Troop Inventory: 50,000 human troops
Vehicle Inventory: 2,500 Ω-28 Fighters, 1,000 Ξ-90 Carriers, 750 Corvettes, 750 Frigates, 200 Dreadnoughts, 50 space-borne battleships, countless drones
Misc. Inventory: 1 million and growing combat androids
Characters of Note (optional): Primus Joe Held, General Paal Fletcher
Objective: Keep peace, defend trade interests
Extra Notes: Most of the Halcyonic military is made up of AIs and androids, and Halcyonis is orbital-bombardment capable

Questions and/or Comments? None
RP Examples (for non-acquaintances of Vistora): I believe I am an acquaintance of Vistora?
Do you agree to all terms and conditions set forth by the aforementioned guidelines, including but not limited to the right and responsibility for all participants to wreck shit and have fun doing so? Yes

#FoCingREC'd

Participants
A I R S U P E R I O R I T Y
A highly advanced democracy built on a flying archipelago. Airships, hoverbikes, spacecraft, AI, all that. A dream come true.

I’m a libtard and I’m not online often so this nation is coming together at a snail’s pace. Feel free to TG though!

BREAKING NEWS: |The Department of the Environment has laid out plans to build “carbon sweepers,” large airships that artificially photosynthesize and remove CO2 from the atmosphere|A luxury sky-yacht was hijacked from its slip by partying teenagers, and somehow outflew law enforcement. Perpetrators were captured after an hour-long chase by the Armada corvette Tranquil and are being charged with grand theft airship, public endangerment, and drunk captaining of an airgoing vessel.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Halcyonis wrote:
Application Form

Participant Name: Commonwealth of Halcyonis
Troop Inventory: 50,000 human troops
Vehicle Inventory: 2,500 Ω-28 Fighters, 1,000 Ξ-90 Carriers, 750 Corvettes, 750 Frigates, 200 Dreadnoughts, 50 space-borne battleships, countless drones
Misc. Inventory: 1 million and growing combat androids
Characters of Note (optional): Primus Joe Held, General Paal Fletcher
Objective: Keep peace, defend trade interests
Extra Notes: Most of the Halcyonic military is made up of AIs and androids, and Halcyonis is orbital-bombardment capable

Questions and/or Comments? None
RP Examples (for non-acquaintances of Vistora): I believe I am an acquaintance of Vistora?
Do you agree to all terms and conditions set forth by the aforementioned guidelines, including but not limited to the right and responsibility for all participants to wreck shit and have fun doing so? Yes

#FoCingREC'd

Participants

Whoa there, slow down. You'll want to curb those numbers by about two orders of magnitude, maybe three for the combat androids, if you want to participate. That is waaaay too much for a balanced fight should you join in. Take a look at the other participant applications on the first couple of pages so you get a good idea of the numbers involved. Likewise, you'll want to read the RP synopsis in the IC thread's OP, because as it stands your casus belli has absolutely nothing to do with the central objective everyone is seeking.

Moreover, I'm afraid to say that you don't count as an acquaintance. Acquaintances are those I'm reasonably familiar with and have witnessed RP before.
Last edited by Vistora on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:57 pm

Alright posting my impasse/final strike post now vis...

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:16 am

Damn. I like your post, and I'll amend my previous one to account for the different events, but a few things must be clarified; the command rooms on each of the Stations are on the top, with each Station ranging from fifty to a hundred meters top to bottom. This is just a minor detail, though.

However.

What must be rectified is the difference between the 750mm railguns and the Hadron Cannon. The "seven-fifties", as they are called shoot solid railgun slugs. No complex components, just solid blocks of tungsten and depleted uranium in a sabot shell. The reason they explode is because of a phenomenon called pyrophoricity. Basicall, when a material like depleted uranium hit something at high impact, it is pulverized into a fine powder. With so much surface area, it all suddenly oxidizes extremely quickly, causing it to explode. It's why A-10 Warthog bullets explode despite being solid depleted uranium. Of these 750mm railguns, Gotik-classes like the Pyramidion have about twenty-four of them, while the Heracles-classes have sixteen.

The Hadron Cannon is something entirely different. It's so goddamn gigantic, only the Gotik-class has a single one. It shoots an immense barrage of heavy particles (hence its name) that, when impacting the ground, produces an effect not dissimilar to the "glassing" seen in the Halo franchise. From the point of impact, it completely scorches an area about ten kilometers in radius. Shooting it requires a bunch of hooplah beforehand, where the surge cores have to be charged up first, and then the gun itself before shooting. However, the effect is catastrophic.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Vistora wrote:Damn. I like your post, and I'll amend my previous one to account for the different events, but a few things must be clarified; the command rooms on each of the Stations are on the top, with each Station ranging from fifty to a hundred meters top to bottom. This is just a minor detail, though.

However.

What must be rectified is the difference between the 750mm railguns and the Hadron Cannon. The "seven-fifties", as they are called shoot solid railgun slugs. No complex components, just solid blocks of tungsten and depleted uranium in a sabot shell. The reason they explode is because of a phenomenon called pyrophoricity. Basicall, when a material like depleted uranium hit something at high impact, it is pulverized into a fine powder. With so much surface area, it all suddenly oxidizes extremely quickly, causing it to explode. It's why A-10 Warthog bullets explode despite being solid depleted uranium. Of these 750mm railguns, Gotik-classes like the Pyramidion have about twenty-four of them, while the Heracles-classes have sixteen.

The Hadron Cannon is something entirely different. It's so goddamn gigantic, only the Gotik-class has a single one. It shoots an immense barrage of heavy particles (hence its name) that, when impacting the ground, produces an effect not dissimilar to the "glassing" seen in the Halo franchise. From the point of impact, it completely scorches an area about ten kilometers in radius. Shooting it requires a bunch of hooplah beforehand, where the surge cores have to be charged up first, and then the gun itself before shooting. However, the effect is catastrophic.

Hmm...solid slugs shouldn't have an issue aside from twisted trajectories. The gist of I was saying for the Cannon is that because it shoots particles requires electromagnets...of which my minefield is being tuned to disrupt considering they are gravity mines. :D
Those same particles being launched at 3500m/s (ill edit if im wrong) might suddenly act up going in a separate direction or suddenly stop and hit the particles from behind. In short...the chain reactions will either explode randomly or disrupt the shot you're taking into a shotgun blast.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:
Vistora wrote:Damn. I like your post, and I'll amend my previous one to account for the different events, but a few things must be clarified; the command rooms on each of the Stations are on the top, with each Station ranging from fifty to a hundred meters top to bottom. This is just a minor detail, though.

However.

Hmm...solid slugs shouldn't have an issue aside from twisted trajectories. The gist of I was saying for the Cannon is that because it shoots particles requires electromagnets...of which my minefield is being tuned to disrupt considering they are gravity mines. :D
Those same particles being launched at 3500m/s (ill edit if im wrong) might suddenly act up going in a separate direction or suddenly stop and hit the particles from behind. In short...the chain reactions will either explode randomly or disrupt the shot you're taking into a shotgun blast.

Actually, the particles in question are traveling at ~.95c, or 95% the speed of light. It's the railguns that fire at 3500 m/s.

Also, I should mention that electromagnetism =/= gravity, unless we happen to be occupying the Planck epoch, in which case there are much more pertinent worries than this battle.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:16 pm

I guess im worried about the human response from either you or the others since its been just us usually posting...
:( :( :(
Blak where r u? (sad violin)

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:37 am

Tundra Terra wrote:I guess im worried about the human response from either you or the others since its been just us usually posting...
:( :( :(
Blak where r u? (sad violin)

Still alive. Worry not!

Now that I'm home and everything else has been done somewhat earlier than I anticipated, most of my creative juices will now go into a response here, so look forward to that!

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:26 pm

As promised, Ippolyta and her crew have arrived to bash skulls together in short order! (And my orbital stuff has been dead-ed, so GG to you SEE.)

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Blakullar wrote:As promised, Ippolyta and her crew have arrived to bash skulls together in short order! (And my orbital stuff has been dead-ed, so GG to you SEE.)

awesome! im just ironically waiting for Vis's response. (ironic considering how much me and him posted on this page)

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:
Blakullar wrote:As promised, Ippolyta and her crew have arrived to bash skulls together in short order! (And my orbital stuff has been dead-ed, so GG to you SEE.)

awesome! im just ironically waiting for Vis's response. (ironic considering how much me and him posted on this page)

I'm hoping I'll have time enough to write one tomorrow, but as is customary in life, obligatory shit to do always surges right before the holidays.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Vistora wrote:
Tundra Terra wrote:awesome! im just ironically waiting for Vis's response. (ironic considering how much me and him posted on this page)

I'm hoping I'll have time enough to write one tomorrow, but as is customary in life, obligatory shit to do always surges right before the holidays.

no worries...do what you got to do

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:26 pm

Here we go again with "Your stuff does little-to nothing to my impenetrable shell/people"....like seriously.

but I am confused for the ammo bays...considering earlier post: "Although they were skilled Special Forces troops...it seemed that the bottom party bunkering down in the Hadron Cannon's ammo storage bay. Sadly his fellow CV-92 operator might be forced to self-detonate his fusion reactor and explode all of the ammo feed lines...essentially crippling the ship."
So how did blowing yourself just end crippling only one 750?

And just to clarify if I read wrong: did you or did you not kill the Onboard CV-92's? Because those things will blow up mushrooms irregardless of pilot input...meaning heart-triggers are awesome when it comes to suicide/melee combat walkers
Last edited by Tundra Terra on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:Here we go again with "Your stuff does little-to nothing to my impenetrable shell/people"....like seriously.

but I am confused for the ammo bays...considering earlier post: "Although they were skilled Special Forces troops...it seemed that the bottom party bunkering down in the Hadron Cannon's ammo storage bay. Sadly his fellow CV-92 operator might be forced to self-detonate his fusion reactor and explode all of the ammo feed lines...essentially crippling the ship."
So how did blowing yourself just end crippling only one 750?

And just to clarify if I read wrong: did you or did you not kill the Onboard CV-92's? Because those things will blow up mushrooms irregardless of pilot input...meaning heart-triggers are awesome when it comes to suicide/melee combat walkers

Yes, there I went again with an impenetrable blast door. Here's my reasoning behind it; a blast door's sole and singular purpose is to sit in place and be obstructive, by definition. As a result, it may be optimized relentlessly towards that end, using extraordinarily resistant materials in large quantities. Meanwhile, you had a small team of invaders attempting to breach the one barrier between them and several characters immensely critical to my entire operation. Their tools, while advanced, must be portable themselves and attached to a portable source of power. Let's say the material tipping the CV-92's claws is made out of titanium carbide, an incredibly hard material with an extraordinarily high melting point and refractory properties. Fine enough, now it has the ability to dig through most other materials, albeit not necessarily with ease. But what if the blast door is made out of solid TiC as well? Three solid meters of it beats one claw, and moreover it beats the materials holding the entire CV-92 together. Even if you use the claw's thermal features, that makes little difference, since they both have the same melting point, not to mention the fact that you're likely to turn the chamber into an oven and broil your squad before you get very far through the blast door. Now, since a CV-92 was able (preposterously, I might add, but I'm allowing it nonetheless) to burrow through several floors of reinforced hull armor in short order, the claws may be some material even more amazing than TiC. Fair enough, but the blast doors may be of the same material as well, and the aforementioned logic still stands.

With the ammo lines, you were mistaken in thinking we keep all of our explosive munitions in one place. Such is a mistake recognized by naval architects even today, and they are people whose lives don't wholly revolve around their ships. Each bulkhead contains a fraction of the onboard ammunition, supplying ammo only to the weapons on that section of hull. For obvious security reasons, each bulkhead partition is heavily reinforced from each other, just as is the case in real life. When the ammunition stores were detonated, they were only detonated for that one bulkhead. It was still a big damn explosion that seriously compromised hull integrity, but as there's only one 750 per bulkhead, only one was destroyed by that contingency. That being said, damage sustained over the course of the battle has irreparably destroyed five other 750s and many other smaller guns and missile arrays.

And yes, we destroyed the CV-92s, but were careful to first target the fusion cores. Sensor arrays detect the neutron radiation that inevitably results from running active fusion reactors, and a communique relayed this to the Aerines, who have very little desire to be caught by an explosive martyrdom. That being said, this was made with assumption towards the power of the CV-92 death explosions. If you can clarify that to me, and I determine them to be reasonable, I can have a few result in successful detonation.

There is much more to my overarching rationale insofar as my decisions are concerned, and if you're curious to know my thought process in determining what is and isn't reasonable for me to do, I can detail it here.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:23 pm

"first to target the fusion cores" hehehe
Did I fail to mention the Tundra Terrans (history section or overview) are masterful engineers? The Main "core" is the very suit itself in which it resides as a "heart" next to the pilot. The only visible and exposed fission cores are the eject-able 4 on the top shoulders which the operator can then toss out as a last resort weapon. :)

So targeting the fusion core is essentially the whole suits Heavily Armored Reactor and activates its failsafes...so boom. :twisted:

anyway as far as the ammo bays go...I said there was 1 brother who was taking shelter inside the Hadron Cannon's ammo bay.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents