NATION

PASSWORD

The Cooperative Union (CU) OOC (TWI ONLY) CLOSED

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Draft Beta

Site 1: A small unclaimed island, west of covenant beyond what was formerly known as abra. its likely near major sea lanes, and is fairly remote.

Site 2: similar to site 1 but more northeast, but distanced enough from Covonant proper to be viable. added benefit being you could likely see launches from Coventry itself. Similarly remote and isolated, near potential territory that could in the future be annexed...

Site 3: roughly halfway between ipland and covenant, north of deep haven. remote with amble ocean on its eastern side for multi-stage rocket disposal

Site 4: South east of deep haven, assumed to be desolate, remote, and void of life. an ideal sterile environment for larger space projects, but also very close to an established colony.

Site 5: Northern location, south of keomora that benefits from keomora's unique ocean claim, in the fact any fallen rockets would likely fall there and could be safe from litigation by third parties not in the CU [last thing we need is rockets falling in other countries]

Site 6: southwest near athara magarat only possible issue forseen could be debris falling in territory belonging to Grand Force.

Site 7: Island of united republican lands near the International District. the propaganda value of this one might be noteworthy, with the ability to time launches to demonstrate our powers with ID events/summits. potentially problematic though for being so close to the ID, jurisdiction should be studied.

Site 8: Tectonix sites which can further be divided into A, B, C. I highlighted a particularly desirable location with the only thing due east being open ocean and the edge of the map. like sites 5 and 7 the latitude could be quite high for any beyond earth orbit launches...

Site 9: off the coast of Ainslie and unclaimed by any known entity. a higher latitude location, but nearly centrally located and easily accessible.

Site 10: South Amber sea, remote unclaimed island of a southerly latitude near the proverbial equator. amble range to the east of wide open ocean, and could be a great candidate for a CU territory....

some thoughts. northern locations are ideal for polar orbits, and geostationary orbits of certain inclinations. equatorial locations are ideal for beyond earth orbits, and for harnessing the supposed force of the rotation of the earth to ease the energy requirements of escape velocity. The union being as large as both the USA and USSR during the height of their space programs likely could afford to easily make 2 or 3 locations for the CUAC, in addition to duplicate infrastructure regarding mission control and the like.

if we do proceed with multiple locations, I suggest setting them up somewhat differently, ie one could have a horizontal assembly [like the Russians], and another could have a vertical assembly [like the americans]. Another thing to consider would be weather, ideally some place where it rarely gets below freezing. this is where southern locations can be favored, however tropical locations have their own unique issues with regards to lightning and storms. no location is going to be perfect...

I think covonant had talked about trigger the CUAC and related space stuff IC, which could very well be a perfect platform for voting on particular sites.

Tectonix
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Hey Travencia, I'd like to raise some things regarding my sites:

The site you highlighted was not part of the territory I laid out in the beginning. That land is fully sovereign land of Tectonix, which, while can be used, I get the feeling we want unclaimed land. Really, if one of the sites I mentioned should be highlighted, it's 8c, the one due north, slightly northeast of my country. It's completely uninhabited, with zero claims for miles and open ocean on all sides, unlike the one you highlighted which has some of my major tourism destinations smack dab over the channel. Sure, it may be a bit chilly, though it would be a perfect place to have our Union Orbital Platform (coining that term for now) launched from. Beyond earth launches, of course, should be situated in equatorial locations.
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Somstratzka
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Somstratzka » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Hey I would like to join

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Tectonix wrote:Hey Travencia, I'd like to raise some things regarding my sites:

The site you highlighted was not part of the territory I laid out in the beginning. That land is fully sovereign land of Tectonix, which, while can be used, I get the feeling we want unclaimed land. Really, if one of the sites I mentioned should be highlighted, it's 8c, the one due north, slightly northeast of my country. It's completely uninhabited, with zero claims for miles and open ocean on all sides, unlike the one you highlighted which has some of my major tourism destinations smack dab over the channel. Sure, it may be a bit chilly, though it would be a perfect place to have our Union Orbital Platform (coining that term for now) launched from. Beyond earth launches, of course, should be situated in equatorial locations.

my bad, I should peeped the factbook a little more. you are right though, unclaimed land is the highest priority, with the reasoning being said territory will belong to the CU at large rather than any one member state, therefore the spaceport in theory could exist in perpetuity incase any nation CTE's. Anyway you could draw up a map? other wise I'll get back to it when my laptop recharges...

Somstratzka wrote:Hey I would like to join

Welcome! and thank you for your interest in the CU. I believe current protocol is gaining a 2/3rds majority of current members to say yay.

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Travencia wrote:
Tectonix wrote:Hey Travencia, I'd like to raise some things regarding my sites:

my bad, I should peeped the factbook a little more. you are right though, unclaimed land is the highest priority, with the reasoning being said territory will belong to the CU at large rather than any one member state, therefore the spaceport in theory could exist in perpetuity incase any nation CTE's. Anyway you could draw up a map? other wise I'll get back to it when my laptop recharges...

Somstratzka wrote:Hey I would like to join

Welcome! and thank you for your interest in the CU. I believe current protocol is gaining a 2/3rds majority of current members to say yay.

I can certainly draw a map, but...of what exactly? The territory I mentioned (which I remained resolved we should, if not primarily use, incorporate into the Site Network), my country or the potential sites?
Last edited by Tectonix on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:38 pm

any way you could draw one up of the potential sites? it doesn't have to be a full region map, it could be a sectional piece of just that area. I do like that name, Union Orbital Platform. but yea that'd be awesome, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:42 pm

infact now that i look at it, only site 7 is in territory belonging to any existing nation state. it could still be potentially possible, but united republican lands if that site gets selected would you be willing to release sovereignty of it to the CU?

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Travencia wrote:any way you could draw one up of the potential sites? it doesn't have to be a full region map, it could be a sectional piece of just that area. I do like that name, Union Orbital Platform. but yea that'd be awesome, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words

Certainly. Though, seeing as these places are uninhabited, the map would really just be a big green blob. Do you perhaps want me to make a projection of what it will look like once we annex and administer it?

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm

btw, just thought I should perhaps show this to y'all if you're interested...

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:21 pm

As for the Cooperative Union Aerospace Council...

United Republican Lands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republican Lands » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Travencia wrote:infact now that i look at it, only site 7 is in territory belonging to any existing nation state. it could still be potentially possible, but united republican lands if that site gets selected would you be willing to release sovereignty of it to the CU?

As The URL is a CU member nation, Site 7 would be considered "Diplomatic Property", meaning it is URL territory, but ownership of the land is by a foreign governmental entity. Such property is not taxable and it would be left under the jurisdiction of the owning government (The CU in this case). Essentially it would be a part of the URL, but like an embassy, it would be under the CU's jurisdiction.

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Awesome logos tectonix

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Travencia wrote:Awesome logos tectonix

Thanks mate :)

Speaking of which, what did you think of my reasoning for Site 8c?

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Travencia wrote:Draft Beta

(Image)

Site 1: A small unclaimed island, west of covenant beyond what was formerly known as abra. its likely near major sea lanes, and is fairly remote.

Site 2: similar to site 1 but more northeast, but distanced enough from Covonant proper to be viable. added benefit being you could likely see launches from Coventry itself. Similarly remote and isolated, near potential territory that could in the future be annexed...

Site 3: roughly halfway between ipland and covenant, north of deep haven. remote with amble ocean on its eastern side for multi-stage rocket disposal

Site 4: South east of deep haven, assumed to be desolate, remote, and void of life. an ideal sterile environment for larger space projects, but also very close to an established colony.

Site 5: Northern location, south of keomora that benefits from keomora's unique ocean claim, in the fact any fallen rockets would likely fall there and could be safe from litigation by third parties not in the CU [last thing we need is rockets falling in other countries]

Site 6: southwest near athara magarat only possible issue forseen could be debris falling in territory belonging to Grand Force.

Site 7: Island of united republican lands near the International District. the propaganda value of this one might be noteworthy, with the ability to time launches to demonstrate our powers with ID events/summits. potentially problematic though for being so close to the ID, jurisdiction should be studied.

Site 8: Tectonix sites which can further be divided into A, B, C. I highlighted a particularly desirable location with the only thing due east being open ocean and the edge of the map. like sites 5 and 7 the latitude could be quite high for any beyond earth orbit launches...

Site 9: off the coast of Ainslie and unclaimed by any known entity. a higher latitude location, but nearly centrally located and easily accessible.

Site 10: South Amber sea, remote unclaimed island of a southerly latitude near the proverbial equator. amble range to the east of wide open ocean, and could be a great candidate for a CU territory....

some thoughts. northern locations are ideal for polar orbits, and geostationary orbits of certain inclinations. equatorial locations are ideal for beyond earth orbits, and for harnessing the supposed force of the rotation of the earth to ease the energy requirements of escape velocity. The union being as large as both the USA and USSR during the height of their space programs likely could afford to easily make 2 or 3 locations for the CUAC, in addition to duplicate infrastructure regarding mission control and the like.

if we do proceed with multiple locations, I suggest setting them up somewhat differently, ie one could have a horizontal assembly [like the Russians], and another could have a vertical assembly [like the americans]. Another thing to consider would be weather, ideally some place where it rarely gets below freezing. this is where southern locations can be favored, however tropical locations have their own unique issues with regards to lightning and storms. no location is going to be perfect...

I think covonant had talked about trigger the CUAC and related space stuff IC, which could very well be a perfect platform for voting on particular sites.

Seeing most if not all of these territories are unclaimed we would have to have several RPs to claim them. I plan to write the CUAC dispatch over the weekend tho. And then we can start making news post on combining efforts...However we won't raise the issue of seeking territories just yet until we create somewhat of a timeline to go after those of priority and establishing the facilities on them...So it will take months.
Tectonix wrote:As for the Cooperative Union Aerospace Council...

Thanks Tex..Btw welcome to the CU. I shall use this image.

Btw the other image for the logo of the CU its appreciated but we have a logo already, but that one can be a backup one used in the future if anything.
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Somstratzka
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Somstratzka » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm

So where would such a vote to induct a nation take place?

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Somstratzka wrote:So where would such a vote to induct a nation take place?

Here is where we would vote on your admission.

Somstratzka
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Somstratzka » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Covonant wrote:
Somstratzka wrote:So where would such a vote to induct a nation take place?

Here is where we would vote on your admission.

Right so when would that happen?

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Somstratzka wrote:
Covonant wrote:Here is where we would vote on your admission.

Right so when would that happen?

Anytime now, when the others agree to start the vote.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:42 pm

Nice logos, Tectonix. They are really good. Regarding the sites, I have seen that you guys have done awesome discussions.

But let me be selfish and promote Site 6.

Travencia, thanks for reminding foolish me of debris falling into Grand Force's territory. Hadn't thought of that one.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:40 am

kinda a side effect of taking astronomy this semester. but yea we will have to RP for a majority of these, but that's part of the fun. I'll try and outline a few different scenarios for when it comes to RP, which i think might be a cool twist of the typical conquest ones...

Somstratzka
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Somstratzka » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:18 am

If people voted so I could join it would be nice(sry if rude)

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:27 am

Somstratzka wrote:If people voted so I could join it would be nice(sry if rude)

Sure, I vouch for you.

(After checking at the map :P)

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:27 am

No, you're not being rude at all, you have asked more than once and have waited patiently for a reply. Your nation seems to be a good nation for the CU, but I would like to see your economic statistics (just your GDP and GDP per capita), this would help us to further understand your nation. If you need help with those, many people would be happy to help, but two of your best bets would be Atnaia or Covonant as they are very knowledgeable on economics.

Despite all this, if you are prepared to contribute to the organisation, I would be happy to have you!
Last edited by Noronica on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:30 am

BTW, nice drawings you got there.

I am sure you could use your talents at drawing Isleballs here. We are in need for more Isleballs as very few draw Isleball of their nations and at the moment Corindia is the only one actively doing so.

And nice news post as well :)

And my IC constitution

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:39 am

I vote yay; that was an impressive airline dispatch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads