NATION

PASSWORD

Sovereign States [FT][OOC][Open|Signups]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 am

Common Name: Keres Void Wyrm
Scientific Name: Lumbricus Keres
-BIOLOGY-
Kingdom: Animal
Lifespan: 2000-4000 years
General Appearence: Keres Void Wyrm, replace the planet with a small freighter
-BEHAVIOUR-
General intellegence: Bestial
Group Organisation: Lone
Domesticable: Nope
Communication: None
Prey: Photosynthetic, though it will eat rocks, metal, or basically anything it can reach other than its asteroid
Predator: None, apex predator of its environment
-OTHER TRAITS-
Abilities: It can disguise itself, being mistaken for asteroid rock on sensors and appearing from seemingly nowhere.
Weaknesses: Soft flesh is vulnerable to attack, relatively easy to kill if you have some big guns
Dislikes: Being injured, being disturbed by vibrations

There ya go, Olimpiada, in honour of you portraying the Drakon exactly as I imagined it you get an animal for you asteroid belt :p
Last edited by Equalsun Empire on Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Animal of Castle Crashers

Quick link to my horrifically messy factbook.
Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

So I got into am currently in a name-calling contest in a flag rating thread...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:Common Name: Keres Void Wyrm
Scientific Name: Lumbricus Keres
-BIOLOGY-
Kingdom: Animal
Lifespan: 2000-4000 years
General Appearence: Keres Void Wyrm, replace the planet with a small freighter
-BEHAVIOUR-
General intellegence: Bestial
Group Organisation: Lone
Domesticable: Nope
Communication: None
Prey: Photosynthetic, though it will eat rocks, metal, or basically anything it can reach other than its asteroid
Predator: None, apex predator of its environment
-OTHER TRAITS-
Abilities: It can disguise itself, being mistaken for asteroid rock on sensors and appearing from seemingly nowhere.
Weaknesses: Soft flesh is vulnerable to attack, relatively easy to kill if you have some big guns
Dislikes: Being injured, being disturbed by vibrations

There ya go, Olimpiada, in honour of you portraying the Drakon exactly as I imagined it you get an animal for you asteroid belt :p

Cruel. I like it. That said, you're just giving me more food for the insanity to come. Just because I can't domesticate it doesn't mean I can't use it.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

The Interstellar Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Interstellar Federation » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:30 pm

(Remove all parenthesis including this one, otherwise it's an automatic rejection.)
Common Name: Virakon
Scientific Name: Draco festucam
-BIOLOGY-
Kingdom: (Plant, Mammal, Fungus, etc) Lizard
Lifespan: 1000 Years
General Appearence: (I'd love an image, unless it's scary in which case put it in spoilers.)

-BEHAVIOUR-
General intellegence: (If applicable)Bestial, Hunter
Group Organisation: (Lone, pack or herd lifestyles)Lone
Domesticable: (Yes/No)No
Communication: (If applicable)Roars, snarls, body language
Prey: (If applicable)Any animal
Predator: (If applicable)None, apex predator
-OTHER TRAITS-
Abilities: (If applicable)Shooting out bone spikes from its wings. Powerful claws able to grab slow moving aircraft. Strong skin able withstand some small arms fire.
Weaknesses: (If applicable) Wings are paper thin.
Dislikes: (If applicable)Being attacked, loud sounds and vibrations
Interstellar Federation
Of knowledge and peace
IIWiki l Website l AEGIS Alliance

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:55 pm

The Interstellar Federation wrote:(Remove all parenthesis including this one, otherwise it's an automatic rejection.)
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:13 am

Equalsun Empire wrote:-snip-

You're just making my job as the OP hard since I have to run the RP and I prefer to stay alive and participate instead of getting booted off the planet and having to run the RP as a disembodied omniscient entity.

In other words, I don't like you anymore because you have outdone yourself. Wholeheartedly accepted.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:44 am

I couldn't keep writing... If somebody could proofread that before the others get a chance to see any mistakes, I would be extremely grateful :3

Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 am

Equalsun Empire wrote:I couldn't keep writing... If somebody could proofread that before the others get a chance to see any mistakes, I would be extremely grateful :3

I only really have a scientific issue, and that's that a single teaspoon of Neutronium weighs over a million metric tons. Now consider how much an entire hull would weigh. Something this massive would likely mess with orbital mechanics and/or require an engine of unholy size to keep aloft.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:30 am

Olimpiada wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:I couldn't keep writing... If somebody could proofread that before the others get a chance to see any mistakes, I would be extremely grateful :3

I only really have a scientific issue, and that's that a single teaspoon of Neutronium weighs over a million metric tons. Now consider how much an entire hull would weigh. Something this massive would likely mess with orbital mechanics and/or require an engine of unholy size to keep aloft.

I pass it off with having the Eldenians be masters of gravity tech, utilizing devices that remove the majority of the effects from such a massive substance from our space to subspace. I tried to emphasize this with "only the lights of its gravity negators glowing " when describing the fighter craft in the hangar, but it was quite subtle... The downside of this is that anybody with a gravity detector literally can't miss any of my tech on scanners, and there has to be failsafes in effect just in case the gravity negators fail. Current practice is a single-use tachyon surge device that places the matter in a designated black hole in Eldenian space via FTL, but I'm also open for suggestions there.
Last edited by Equalsun Empire on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:24 am

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:I only really have a scientific issue, and that's that a single teaspoon of Neutronium weighs over a million metric tons. Now consider how much an entire hull would weigh. Something this massive would likely mess with orbital mechanics and/or require an engine of unholy size to keep aloft.

I pass it off with having the Eldenians be masters of gravity tech, utilizing devices that remove the majority of the effects from such a massive substance from our space to subspace. I tried to emphasize this with "only the lights of its gravity negators glowing " when describing the fighter craft in the hangar, but it was quite subtle... The downside of this is that anybody with a gravity detector literally can't miss any of my tech on scanners, and there has to be failsafes in effect just in case the gravity negators fail. Current practice is a single-use tachyon surge device that places the matter in a designated black hole in Eldenian space via FTL, but I'm also open for suggestions there.

Just to add to the maelstrom of conjecture, I would point out that neutronium a) undergoes beta decay, or at least I think it's beta decay, very rapidly b) wants to evaporate like nobodies business, as a side effect of no protons/electrons to keep it together, and c) has no electrons. Neutronium locks are probably a bad idea: with no electrons there's no friction and so it slips like crazy. You can just handwave any one of these (or not: electron-capture is more likely under certain conditions than others), or even all of them, but it's probably a good idea to have the knowledge of how it reacts for...fun and interesting scenarios. Like using neutronium warheads.

Or imagine neutronium ice rinks...
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Due to being busy with work and overall, just not really liking International Incidents, I've decided I'll be dropping out of the Rp.
[spoiler=Nation Info]The Tagali Federation- An FT Nation made up of dozens of species.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:50 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:Due to being busy with work and overall, just not really liking International Incidents, I've decided I'll be dropping out of the Rp.

:( It's sad to see you go, but I can understand that life may be difficult for you right now.

I hope that we can RP with you in the future. Good luck in life and I wish you all the best.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:35 am

Spindle wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:I pass it off with having the Eldenians be masters of gravity tech, utilizing devices that remove the majority of the effects from such a massive substance from our space to subspace. I tried to emphasize this with "only the lights of its gravity negators glowing " when describing the fighter craft in the hangar, but it was quite subtle... The downside of this is that anybody with a gravity detector literally can't miss any of my tech on scanners, and there has to be failsafes in effect just in case the gravity negators fail. Current practice is a single-use tachyon surge device that places the matter in a designated black hole in Eldenian space via FTL, but I'm also open for suggestions there.

Just to add to the maelstrom of conjecture, I would point out that neutronium a) undergoes beta decay, or at least I think it's beta decay, very rapidly b) wants to evaporate like nobodies business, as a side effect of no protons/electrons to keep it together, and c) has no electrons. Neutronium locks are probably a bad idea: with no electrons there's no friction and so it slips like crazy. You can just handwave any one of these (or not: electron-capture is more likely under certain conditions than others), or even all of them, but it's probably a good idea to have the knowledge of how it reacts for...fun and interesting scenarios. Like using neutronium warheads.

If neutrons are alone, yes, they undergo beta decay. However Neutronium would, I believe, remain stable under extreme pressure. So, perhaps the Eldenians use yet more gravity technology to artificially compress their hulls, allowing them to retain the neutrons? It would be energy-intensive, so only combat vessels would have it... Which removes it from being available to ground troops. You know, I going to start editing this, as I hate handwavium.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:47 am

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Spindle wrote:Just to add to the maelstrom of conjecture, I would point out that neutronium a) undergoes beta decay, or at least I think it's beta decay, very rapidly b) wants to evaporate like nobodies business, as a side effect of no protons/electrons to keep it together, and c) has no electrons. Neutronium locks are probably a bad idea: with no electrons there's no friction and so it slips like crazy. You can just handwave any one of these (or not: electron-capture is more likely under certain conditions than others), or even all of them, but it's probably a good idea to have the knowledge of how it reacts for...fun and interesting scenarios. Like using neutronium warheads.

If neutrons are alone, yes, they undergo beta decay. However Neutronium would, I believe, remain stable under extreme pressure. So, perhaps the Eldenians use yet more gravity technology to artificially compress their hulls, allowing them to retain the neutrons? It would be energy-intensive, so only combat vessels would have it... Which removes it from being available to ground troops. You know, I going to start editing this, as I hate handwavium.

I don't think it does - admittedly, I'm only going from A-levels (which don't give me as much of a view as I'd like), but I'm fairly certain it's electromagnetism which makes electron-capture preferable, so it's a neutron star's magnetic field which keeps neutronium from decaying. Of course, Lord only knows how much is actually needed to keep them stable(ish) - I certainly don't - but you can play around with those numbers until you get something which works. Gravity would stop the neutrons from evaporating, but I'm not sure why you'd want them in your hull. No friction makes it seriously finicky to get in there in the first place.
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:25 pm

Spindle wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:If neutrons are alone, yes, they undergo beta decay. However Neutronium would, I believe, remain stable under extreme pressure. So, perhaps the Eldenians use yet more gravity technology to artificially compress their hulls, allowing them to retain the neutrons? It would be energy-intensive, so only combat vessels would have it... Which removes it from being available to ground troops. You know, I going to start editing this, as I hate handwavium.

I don't think it does - admittedly, I'm only going from A-levels (which don't give me as much of a view as I'd like), but I'm fairly certain it's electromagnetism which makes electron-capture preferable, so it's a neutron star's magnetic field which keeps neutronium from decaying. Of course, Lord only knows how much is actually needed to keep them stable(ish) - I certainly don't - but you can play around with those numbers until you get something which works. Gravity would stop the neutrons from evaporating, but I'm not sure why you'd want them in your hull. No friction makes it seriously finicky to get in there in the first place.

A lot of people look at neutronium as an iwin because it's so dense that you really can't break it that well, but they fail to account for a lot of actual physics beyond "It's so dense mang"

My big issue with it is that it's dense to the point of being unusable. The sheer mass of it is enough to mess up orbital mechanics, at least.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Spindle wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:If neutrons are alone, yes, they undergo beta decay. However Neutronium would, I believe, remain stable under extreme pressure. So, perhaps the Eldenians use yet more gravity technology to artificially compress their hulls, allowing them to retain the neutrons? It would be energy-intensive, so only combat vessels would have it... Which removes it from being available to ground troops. You know, I going to start editing this, as I hate handwavium.

Well, the reason I would like them in my hull is for the mass. After all, imagine trying to pierce something with a density on the order of a small planet. I'm simply basing this off of this site, "If it could be made, it would be an effective armor. The mass density (millions of metric tons per cubic millimeter) would be sufficient to effectively absorb any project impacting it." That still leaves the problems of radiation and containment, as you say. In terms of setting those to rest, another science advisor said "The enormous gravitational pressure basically makes the whole thing behave like a gigantic atomic nucleus.", which means that the armor would be bonded together by the strong nuclear force. So, sadly, I cannot give "hard-FT" answers for this, but I can give a soft-FT answer in the form of a constantly maintained gravity field along the hull that keeps the armour compressed.

Olimpiada wrote:
Spindle wrote:

A lot of people look at neutronium as an iwin because it's so dense that you really can't break it that well, but they fail to account for a lot of actual physics beyond "It's so dense mang"

My big issue with it is that it's dense to the point of being unusable. The sheer mass of it is enough to mess up orbital mechanics, at least.

Indeed, meaning that I either need to apply more gravity manipulation handwavium... Or just say that I use a super-dense alloy that we simply call Neutronium because of its high density.
Last edited by Equalsun Empire on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Spindle wrote:

Well, the reason I would like them in my hull is for the mass. After all, imagine trying to pierce something with a density on the order of a small planet. I'm simply basing this off of this site, "If it could be made, it would be an effective armor. The mass density (millions of metric tons per cubic millimeter) would be sufficient to effectively absorb any project impacting it." That still leaves the problems of radiation and containment, as you say. In terms of setting those to rest, another science advisor said "The enormous gravitational pressure basically makes the whole thing behave like a gigantic atomic nucleus.", which means that the armor would be bonded together by the strong nuclear force. So, sadly, I cannot give "hard-FT" answers for this, but I can give a soft-FT answer in the form of a constantly maintained gravity field along the hull that keeps the armour compressed.

Olimpiada wrote:A lot of people look at neutronium as an iwin because it's so dense that you really can't break it that well, but they fail to account for a lot of actual physics beyond "It's so dense mang"

Indeed, meaning that I either need to apply more gravity manipulation handwavium... Or just say that I use a super-dense alloy that we simply call Neutronium because of its high density.

Artificial high purity osmium?

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:Well, the reason I would like them in my hull is for the mass. After all, imagine trying to pierce something with a density on the order of a small planet. I'm simply basing this off of this site, "If it could be made, it would be an effective armor. The mass density (millions of metric tons per cubic millimeter) would be sufficient to effectively absorb any project impacting it." That still leaves the problems of radiation and containment, as you say. In terms of setting those to rest, another science advisor said "The enormous gravitational pressure basically makes the whole thing behave like a gigantic atomic nucleus.", which means that the armor would be bonded together by the strong nuclear force. So, sadly, I cannot give "hard-FT" answers for this, but I can give a soft-FT answer in the form of a constantly maintained gravity field along the hull that keeps the armour compressed.

Artificial high purity osmium?

Eh, Osmium is highly brittle... I'm thinking that I'll keep the Neutronium, while justifying the gravity effects as being contained to a field to the exact specifications of the hull (i.e. the compression effects are limited to the area where the Neutronium is located). This means that a catastrophic failure would result if the field were disrupted, and would require a constant power source, but the result would be an unparalleled armour. In terms of piercing it... Well, in terms of ballistics, if too much material were added the gravity field would be unable to cope with the excess and the hull would implode, and too much directed energy fire would overload the field and cause catastrophic breakdown as well.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:Artificial high purity osmium?

Eh, Osmium is highly brittle... I'm thinking that I'll keep the Neutronium, while justifying the gravity effects as being contained to a field to the exact specifications of the hull (i.e. the compression effects are limited to the area where the Neutronium is located). This means that a catastrophic failure would result if the field were disrupted, and would require a constant power source, but the result would be an unparalleled armour. In terms of piercing it... Well, in terms of ballistics, if too much material were added the gravity field would be unable to cope with the excess and the hull would implode, and too much directed energy fire would overload the field and cause catastrophic breakdown as well.

Sounds a little OP, but I think I have a solution, since I know that neutronium does in fact undergo beta decay.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:36 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:Eh, Osmium is highly brittle... I'm thinking that I'll keep the Neutronium, while justifying the gravity effects as being contained to a field to the exact specifications of the hull (i.e. the compression effects are limited to the area where the Neutronium is located). This means that a catastrophic failure would result if the field were disrupted, and would require a constant power source, but the result would be an unparalleled armour. In terms of piercing it... Well, in terms of ballistics, if too much material were added the gravity field would be unable to cope with the excess and the hull would implode, and too much directed energy fire would overload the field and cause catastrophic breakdown as well.

Sounds a little OP, but I think I have a solution, since I know that neutronium does in fact undergo beta decay.

It could potentially undergo beta decay. There are multiple theories out, with some scientists saying that beta decay would be negated by gravity like in the neutron stars that Neutronium is devised from, others saying it would be negated by electromagnetism, and yet others saying that it would still exist. However, assuming that it does, what is your solution?

And, side note, it might sound a bit OP... But my civilization measures fleets in the dozens, not the thousands. If we're making a warship, we do it right once, not kinda okay 1200 times.
Last edited by Equalsun Empire on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:39 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:Sounds a little OP, but I think I have a solution, since I know that neutronium does in fact undergo beta decay.

It could potentially undergo beta decay. There are multiple theories out, with some scientists saying that beta decay would be negated by gravity like in the neutron stars that Neutronium is devised from, others saying it would be negated by electromagnetism, and yet others saying that it would still exist. However, assuming that it does, what is your solution?

And, side note, it might sound a bit OP... But my civilization measures fleets in the dozens, not the thousands. If we're making a warship, we do it right once, not kinda okay 1200 times.

We only have a few hundred ships, but we don't really bother with frigates and the like, preferring to focus more on multirole battleships. That said, I think I can probably deal with your ships. And it doesn't require building dyson beams and kugelblitzes, fortunately.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:It could potentially undergo beta decay. There are multiple theories out, with some scientists saying that beta decay would be negated by gravity like in the neutron stars that Neutronium is devised from, others saying it would be negated by electromagnetism, and yet others saying that it would still exist. However, assuming that it does, what is your solution?

We only have a few hundred ships, but we don't really bother with frigates and the like, preferring to focus more on multirole battleships. That said, I think I can probably deal with your ships. And it doesn't require building dyson beams and kugelblitzes, fortunately.

Well, I'm glad to hear it! My nation personally focuses on a more balanced outlook, with the majority of our standard forces composed of Fleet battlegroups, organized into a 2 kilometer capital ship supported by 3 one-kilometer cruisers and nine multipurpose corvettes. Alongside those serve the Auxiliaries, who may be anything from designated infiltration vessels to a 5 kilometer Dreadnaught deployed to support a Fleet vessel. I'd still like to hear your idea, by the way; I'm looking to fix my ships, not compare them to yours :p

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:We only have a few hundred ships, but we don't really bother with frigates and the like, preferring to focus more on multirole battleships. That said, I think I can probably deal with your ships. And it doesn't require building dyson beams and kugelblitzes, fortunately.

Well, I'm glad to hear it! My nation personally focuses on a more balanced outlook, with the majority of our standard forces composed of Fleet battlegroups, organized into a 2 kilometer capital ship supported by 3 one-kilometer cruisers and nine multipurpose corvettes. Alongside those serve the Auxiliaries, who may be anything from designated infiltration vessels to a 5 kilometer Dreadnaught deployed to support a Fleet vessel. I'd still like to hear your idea, by the way; I'm looking to fix my ships, not compare them to yours :p

My idea would be to bombard your vessels with highly radioactive compounds to get quantities of the hull to become normal atoms which I can then shred with a 0.5 or 0.7c spinal mounted gun. It would require a lot of time spent bombarding your vessels with cobalt-60 or something from the 0.3c turrets, but it should work.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:23 am

Olimpiada wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:Well, I'm glad to hear it! My nation personally focuses on a more balanced outlook, with the majority of our standard forces composed of Fleet battlegroups, organized into a 2 kilometer capital ship supported by 3 one-kilometer cruisers and nine multipurpose corvettes. Alongside those serve the Auxiliaries, who may be anything from designated infiltration vessels to a 5 kilometer Dreadnaught deployed to support a Fleet vessel. I'd still like to hear your idea, by the way; I'm looking to fix my ships, not compare them to yours :p

My idea would be to bombard your vessels with highly radioactive compounds to get quantities of the hull to become normal atoms which I can then shred with a 0.5 or 0.7c spinal mounted gun. It would require a lot of time spent bombarding your vessels with cobalt-60 or something from the 0.3c turrets, but it should work.

Or you could fuck around with the gravitic pressure: anycitation needed form of counter-grav nearby could disrupt it and watch the fireworks.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:54 am

Spindle wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:My idea would be to bombard your vessels with highly radioactive compounds to get quantities of the hull to become normal atoms which I can then shred with a 0.5 or 0.7c spinal mounted gun. It would require a lot of time spent bombarding your vessels with cobalt-60 or something from the 0.3c turrets, but it should work.

Or you could fuck around with the gravitic pressure: anycitation needed form of counter-grav nearby could disrupt it and watch the fireworks.

Gravitic weapons aren't exactly my specialty, although I might use them at some point to create some sort of dreadnought with a 0.9c gun.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:08 am

Olimpiada wrote:
Spindle wrote:Or you could fuck around with the gravitic pressure: anycitation needed form of counter-grav nearby could disrupt it and watch the fireworks.

Gravitic weapons aren't exactly my specialty, although I might use them at some point to create some sort of dreadnought with a 0.9c gun.

"If in doubt, throw rocks at it faster and faster."

But yeah, gravitics are definately Spindle's thing. Which is annoying as fuck, because we can't make the damned thing so we cart around boatloads of neutronium and having containment on that fail mid-battle does...bad things to ships.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents