NATION

PASSWORD

The Brothers War | OOC (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

The Brothers War | OOC (Closed)

Postby Lacus Magni » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:53 am

The Brothers War

This is the OOC thread for the Brothers War, a civil war between two claimants to the Latin throne featuring the diplomacy and warfare between the competing factions for the Latin throne and their various domestic and foreign supporters. This RP is for members of Cornellia Only. I’ve already spoken with a number of people who have declared an interest in participating, and their potential role in the conflict. But if we haven't talked about it feel free to post here regarding your interest level or talk to me.

Important Links:
Map of Latium
In Character Thread

Rules:
  • Follow site rules
  • No godmod
  • Quality posts
  • No nuclear weapons
  • That there shall be no foreign occupation in Latium at the conclusion of the fighting.
  • Any military action taking place in this roleplay will require my OOC clearance.
*I don't foresee these being an issue, but you never know.

Major Claimants:

• Prince Constantine of Youth: 22 years old, the heir apparent, and first born son of Emperor Jason VI Augustus by his second wife Zoe Verruscosi, is a recent graduate of Olympia Military Academy, the top higher learning institution that is a part of the Latin Armed Forces. Early in his time at Olympia he studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics where he was in the middle of his class, but later switched to and graduated with a degree in Strategic and International Studies. In March 2016, before his graduation, Constantine was made The Duke of Adrianople, and of the Khrysókeras; he had since been rumored to be headed to Adrianople and the surrounding area to work with local governments.
His Supporters

• Prince Michael of Latium: The 20 year old, second born son of Emperor Jason VI Augustus and his second wife Zoe Verruscosi, is a second year student at Castellum College where he is studying Politics, Philosophy and Economics. Little is known of Michael, with the few reports of him ranging from describing him as being abrasive to brilliant and childish.
His Supporters
Last edited by Lacus Magni on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Admin and Member of Ajax (Discord)
Active Projects
Latium (Map) | Sydalon (Map) | Gelonia (Map) | Vardana (Map)

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:53 am

Reserved for [url=Placeholder]Archive Thread[/url]

Key Latin Figures

Constantine XX, supporters and prominent faction members
  • Prince Leo of Ghant (cousin)
  • Senator Anna Kinnamos (Leader of the Greek National Party in the Latin Senate)
  • Prefect John Santella of the Praetorian Guard
  • Lord Chief Justice Comitas Funar of the Supreme Court
  • Consul Alexander Pompilius and the Senate majority
Michael VIII, supporters and prominent faction members
  • Lord Commander Andronikos Mavrozomes of the Scholae Palatinae
  • High Lady Chancellor Antonia Fronatlia of His Majesty's Privy Council
  • General Jordan Caelius
Undeclared
  • Prince Theodosius, Duke of Beroea, leader of the Unaligned Movement in the Latin military

Foreign Support for Constantine
    1. Demphor
    2. Jedoria
    3. Chaco
    4. Vannois (suspect)
Foreign Support for Michael
    1. Akai
    2. New Edom
    3. Vannois (suspect)

Timeline of Events
    1. Emperor Jason dies; Michael sets up in Castellum; Constantine sets up in Adrianople
    2. Each meet w/ foreign governments
    3. Jedoria announces support for Constantine
    4. Consul Pompilius lends support to Constantine
    5. Michael's men meet with Arbites ambassador and Lalery
    6. Battles begin taking place around Kallipolis
    7. Jedorians near Heraclea
    8. George murdered
Last edited by Lacus Magni on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Active Projects

Jedoria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm

I'd be interested in taking part.
“We were all of us cogs in a great machine which sometimes rolled forward, nobody knew where, sometimes backwards, nobody knew why.”
― Ernst Toller

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Akai Characters so far (still WIP):
    1. Prince-Ditoral Qiang Qilong Long Qixi Long Lazin, Marshal of the Order of the Field, Dagong of Gonghan
    Qiang is....

2. Her Highness, Princess Aorta Aortahou Qiang Aijiyanhou Jieke Lazin (first cousin of Ditu Hulang, Qiang's daughter and born a triplet along with Shijin and Housheng)
    Aorta is....

3. Her Highness, Princess Shijin Shihou Qiang Aijiyanhou Jieke Lazin (first cousin of Ditu Hulang, Qiang's daughter and born a triplet along with Aorta and Housheng)
    Shijin is....

4. Her Highness, Princess Housheng Houhou Qiang Aijiyanhou Jieke Lazin (first cousin of Ditu Hulang, Qiang's daughter and born a triplet along with Aorta and Shijin)
    Housheng is....

5. His Grace, Gong Jieshi Jiang Qing Lazin Jieke Lazaret, Gong of Rujin (ambassador to Latium)
    Jieshi is....

6. Major 'Huo-tiantang-jian' of the
    Huo is....
Last edited by The IASM on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Vylaris
Secretary

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vylaris » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Nice work!

Since most won't know my nation, I thought that I'd write up the characters I will be using, just so their general backgrounds and motivations are understood.

Supporters of Michael:

Not that all of these will receive an exceptional degree of posting attention, but just so people have a rough idea.
  • Archon Brandin Avakian, Lord of the Skies: Head of the Avakiae, a long standing Vylaran noble family with a proud tradition. He is perhaps the third most powerful on the Court, though he has several rivals of near-equal stature. As Lord of the Skies, he is able to use satellites and aerial assets with near impunity to aid transport mercenaries and indirectly support Michael. He seeks lasting ties between Latium and Vylaris, and will generally sacrifice much for this goal. Linked to this is his personal ambition, for (like most Archons), he seeks to become the preeminent noble in Vylaris. He will the one to most strongly press for Michael to marry Lyra.

• Archon Aliquart Maevolon, Lord of Converse: Head of the Maevolae, Aliquart is in fact the scion of an even older lineage than Avakian,. Converse is the Vylaran diplomatic branch, and Archon Maevolon has personal control over many (though not all) of the ambassadors and diplomatic channels, and can filter information that passes back into the Empire. He has similar ambitions to Avakian, though is perhaps more willing to cut his losses should this arrangement prove unfavourable.

• Duke Ciano Castani, heir to the Castani: A young noble, with something of an infamous reputation, Ciano is ambitious. He has served as an officer in the legions, including several rounds of combat in Rysea. This was with distinction at the time, but was discharged dishonourably following an affair with the spouse of his superior officer. unlike most nobles, however, this gives him direct military experience 'on the ground', and has worked with various mercenary types. Currently heavily in debt, though that is mostly not his fault. His support for Michael is principally due to the patronage of Avakian and Maevolon, and has very little other interest in this.

• Duke Vroenor Mehlen, Head of the Mehleni: The Mehleni were until recently one of the high nobility, but have largely fallen out of favour, following a dispute with Archon Rasafon. Vroenor sees Latium as an opportunity to restore his family's fortunes, and perhaps even surpass them. He has consequently thrown in the House's meagre fortunes and soldiery under the support of Avakian and Maevolon, and also has plans for Lainie...

• Countess Lainie Mehlen: Vroenors's daughter and heiress of the Mehleni. Young, and eager to server her family, Lainie has just finished her courtly schooling. She has only been to Latium once.

• Toughi : the head of a dispossessed mountain clan that ultimately lost its territory, Tougi and his Rysean hillmen are now guns for hire, fighting in the constant skirmishes that punctuate his homeland, and more recently, in some of the more lawless areas of Tiarna. He met Ciano during a past conflict, and has occasionally been employed by him since. He will serve wherever, though the Rysean and his men are not exactly used to strict discipline.

Neutrals:

N.B. A lot of these will only have 'bit part' or minor roles in events. Their presence is mostly felt in how they influence the actions of Michael's Vylaran backers. Except the empress, who is sorta pushed into things anyway. Because don't expect Lyra to catch a fucking break lol.
  • Archon Sethys, lord of the Council: De facto ruler of the Court of Archons, and thus the most powerful noble in Vylaris. Has typically steered an un-interventionist foreign policy to avoid getting caught in regional power struggles and to minimise support for Tiarnan rebels. Not directly opposed to Michael, but is very concerned about the ambitions of Avakian and Maevolon. If he is convinced to support Michael, will strongly push for trade-related rewards and marriage for Lyra. Easily has the most direct authority, should he pick a faction other than his own.

• Archon Masurys Nikiaq, Lord of Surveil: A commoner raised into nobility, and head of Vylaris; state intelligence agencies. Is currently involved in a turf war of sorts with Maevolon over Vylaran foreign policy, and will regard his non-inclusion in plans

• Archon Cafras Rasafon, Lord of Bastions: Head of the Rasafae, and the second most powerful of the Archons. Is currently the most significant rival to Sethys. He is generally for a more active foreign policy, is also cautious Avakian's and Maevolon's ambitions. He may end up on either side.

• Archon Abbas al'Ryses, Lord of Waters: Savaryr of Rysea. Abbas is a stalwart opponent of Avakian and will actively work against almost anything the Lord of Skies does, even just to spite his rival (this includes blocking off maritime access). However, given his position , he will grudgingly put that aside if there is a compelling economic incentives.

• Empress Lyra Severas: If it was up to Lyra, Vylaris would never touch Latium's civil war. But it is never up to Lyra. Men like Sethys and Maevolon make these decisions for her nation, and the Empress has to survive more immediate concerns: marriage. She is increasingly being pressured to find a worthy suitor, and ideally one that will be controllable by the Archons. Not exactly something she wants. But then, who cares about that?
Last edited by Vylaris on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Sweden

The Demphorian Kingdoms
Attaché

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Demphorian Kingdoms » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:04 pm

The Demphorian government shall be performing limited operations in favor of Prince Constantine.
I've been on this website for far too long.

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:29 am

Taking interest, of course.
Known as Malay

Republica De Gran Chaco
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:32 am

I have an interest, though realistically I dont know how involved Chaco would be. Maybe piggy back of of Jed? He is an ally and helped with Ashab.
كان التيز سمين

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Republica De Gran Chaco wrote:I have an interest, though realistically I dont know how involved Chaco would be. Maybe piggy back of of Jed? He is an ally and helped with Ashab.

hop on my back little one

and i will take you 2 the stars
“We were all of us cogs in a great machine which sometimes rolled forward, nobody knew where, sometimes backwards, nobody knew why.”
― Ernst Toller

Republica De Gran Chaco
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Hurray!
كان التيز سمين

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:52 am

The Allied States of New Edom is mostly concerned with the conflict in Gloria Regis and the conflict in the Lesser Diols in Arcologia. At early stages like this intelligence gathering, concerens for trade and diplomacy will dominate. The questions for the government will be as follows:
- Which leader would continue the status quo in the Region most?
- Which leader would benefit New Edom most?
- Which leader is more likely to be well supported by key elements of Latin society?

Main characters at the start will be:
- Embassy officials in Latium
- New Edomite journalists and travelers in Latium
- Intelligence officials

Dr. Mercutius Philo (Undersecretary of Foreign Affairs for Acheron)
Vice-Admiral Matthias Randronoth (Ambassador to Latium)
Count Leander Seekron (Charge d'Affaires in Latium)
Colonel Timon Brero (Cultural Attache, Latium Mission)
Caleb Jejereth (journalist for NENN news)
Miss Gorgias Sessendris (journalist for The Fineberg Times)
Zachary Tharrin (field agent, operates as a travel writer)
Miss Honoria Meerzat (an opera singer visiting Latium, mistress of Admiral Randronoth)
Last edited by New Edom on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Everything looks great so far guys, thanks. For those of you that have reached out to Constantine, I won't have him respond until he's in a proper position to reveal himself - though that will hopefully be included in my next post.
Active Projects

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Since hostilities seem close, I'll go ahead and get an ORBAT up.

Task Force Vanguard (Assigned to secure commercial interests in the Latin-Noviteran Strait)

2x Henry IV class destroyer
-CNS Furious Redemption
-CNS Tranquil Composure

1x Bravado-class frigate
-CNS Commitment and Patience

1x Beluga-class frigate
-CNS Primordium

1x FREMM-class frigate
-CNS Kypsela

Task Force Lion

1x Annihilator-class aircraft carrier
-CNS All Under Heaven (115x Dassault Rafale JM, 3x JCE-6 AEW, 4x JMV-122 Utility Helicopter, 4x SEN-10 Utility Helicopter, 6x MRS-4 UAV)

2x Royal-class cruiser
-CNS Reliquary
-CNS Uthera Midgeerrd

2x Admiral Mcnulty-class destroyer
-CNS Enforcer
-CNS Light of Aidan

2x Horizon-class destroyer
-CNS Sabie
-CNS Rege

1x Odin-class GMD
-CNS Followers of Kerensky

2x General Maccabee-class frigate
-CNS Enduring Hope
-CNS Trust and Faith

1x Beluga-class frigate
-CNS Silentium

2x FREMM-class frigate
-CNS Egeta
-CNS Larissa

1x Maestrale-class frigate
-CNS Defiant

2x Valmont-class Nuclear attack sub
-CNS Emperor
-CNS Indomitable

5x San Giorgio-class amphibious transport dock
-CNS Courier
-CNS Postal Service
-CNS Messenger
-CNS Gateway
-CNS Pathfinder

4x Type 212 submarine

1st Naval Infantry Division
-4x Naval Infantry Brigade
Last edited by Jedoria on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
― Ernst Toller

Republica De Gran Chaco
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:27 pm

These will be the overall forces for the time being.

Orbat

Naval

Task Force 1

1 Audacious Class Carrier
2 Foudre Class Amphibious Assault Ship
2 Arleigh Burke Class Destroyers
3 Audace Class Destroyers
2 De Zeven Provincien Class Frigate
2 Maestrale Class Frigates
2 Dolphin Class Submarines
1 Type 212 Submarine

Air Force

3rd Fighter Squadron- 12 F-15E

Land Forces

1st Commando Brigade
-Chaco Light Infantry
-1st Marine Regiment

2 Artillery Battalions

Support units

Naval Commandos

Rico Scout Platoon

LRRP Company

2 squadrons from Fleet Air Arm Reserve (A-4M Skyhawks)
1 squadron from IX Tactical Group (A-1 Skyraider)
1 squadron from VIII Tactical Group (SEAD) (F-4G Phantom)
Chaco Lancers Regiment
Last edited by Republica De Gran Chaco on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
كان التيز سمين

Arbites
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arbites » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Hey I've been a bit inactive, but is it all right if I make a post to feel things out ICly?
He who stands with me shall be my brother

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:04 am

Of course, absolutely alright.
Active Projects

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Latin, I would say that that last post you wrote is one of the best in the whole thread. The characters are veryw ell presented, the dialogue flowed very well, and Leo's attempt to act as envoy followed by the declration of Goerge was given excellent background. It was very good quiet drama, and I enjoyed reading it.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Arbites wrote:Hey I've been a bit inactive, but is it all right if I make a post to feel things out ICly?

Good to see you Arby. I sent you a TG in regards to your post, and feel as though I should also add here that Constantine is the legitimate firstborn son, while Michael is the secondborn son.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:17 pm

Ghant wrote:
Arbites wrote:Hey I've been a bit inactive, but is it all right if I make a post to feel things out ICly?

Good to see you Arby. I sent you a TG in regards to your post, and feel as though I should also add here that Constantine is the legitimate firstborn son, while Michael is the secondborn son.

Good catch, thanks.

New Edom wrote:Latin, I would say that that last post you wrote is one of the best in the whole thread. The characters are veryw ell presented, the dialogue flowed very well, and Leo's attempt to act as envoy followed by the declration of Goerge was given excellent background. It was very good quiet drama, and I enjoyed reading it.

And thanks for saying that Edom, it means alot.
Active Projects

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Current ORBAT

Naval

2nd Carrier Strike Force - assembling near the coast of Saint-Nazaire

1x Saint-Nazaire-class Nuclear Aircraft Carrier, the IVV Thibault I, flagship of the Vannoisian fleet
1x Imperial-class Cruiser, the IVV Gressy
4x Sarppe-class Frigates, the IVV Sarppe, the IVV Pascal Robichaud, the IVV Montaussonne and the IVV Villeurville
2x Subercaseaux-class Frigates, the IVV Grelès and the IVV Avissons
2x Cléricot-class Destroyers, the IVV Teresa of Ghant and the IVV Soibonne
2x Alexandre I-class Destroyers, the IVV Montaulimar and the IVV Loïc Malet
1x Louis XIV-class Nuclear Submarine, the IVV Xavier I

Air

72x Dauphin-class multirole fighters, complement of the IVV Thibault I
3x Battier-class multipurpose helicopters, complement of the IVV Thibault I

Ground

1x Brigade of Imperial Marines, aboard the IVV Thibault I and other vessels
1x Division of the Imperial National Guards, gathering in major border crossing areas to assist in fallout from possible refugee arrivals and defend against possible incursions by hostile forces onto Vannoisian lands
Last edited by Leasath on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Known as Malay

Arbites
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arbites » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Ghant wrote:

All right, I'll edit accordingly.
He who stands with me shall be my brother

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:22 pm

Hey guys, everything looks great so far. It's my hope that some actual combat will happen rather soon. But I still have some non-combat posts I want to get done before large scale hostilities start to break out.
Active Projects

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Lacus Magni wrote:Hey guys, everything looks great so far. It's my hope that some actual combat will happen rather soon. But I still have some non-combat posts I want to get done before large scale hostilities start to break out.

Can we possibly get some idea of the scale? I have an idea about his btw: perhaps we could all edit in our possible committments with our posts in the War Planning Thread. This is an easy means to find such stuff, and you can link it in your OOC thread here so that people can easily find out what forces may be committed and what each nation may have.

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 pm

New Edom wrote:Can we possibly get some idea of the scale? I have an idea about his btw: perhaps we could all edit in our possible committments with our posts in the War Planning Thread. This is an easy means to find such stuff, and you can link it in your OOC thread here so that people can easily find out what forces may be committed and what each nation may have.

Sure no problem. So I figure most of the fighting will take place in the center of Latium, which is between the black and red lines found on this map: http://i.imgur.com/wpPKJsw.png, eventually working down towards Castellum.

Numbers wise, Michael has roughly most of the 100,000 Scholae Palatinae; however, they are a gendarmerie and most of the force is composed of policing units, with maybe 10,000-13,000 able to be used in combat (roughly). Michael will probably also have anywhere from 30,000 to 35,000 loyal soldiers from the Army.

Constantine, on the other hand, will likely have a smaller number of forces. He of course has the Praetorian Guard, but their effective combat numbers are minimal or either specialized. He would likely have 20,000 to 35,000 loyal soldiers from the Army based on his success in securing support from the Greeks.

This would still leave some members of the Army undeclared, likely only choosing a side when a clear victor presents itself. I've offhand mentioned some naval numbers. Constantine has secured the loyalty of Latium's sole aircraft carrier, and perhaps 4 destroyers and maybe 4 frigates. Michael a mixed bag of 15-18 ships at the moment.

Ideally, I think it'd be best if foreign intervening forces were roughly a couple thousand ground forces

Admittedly, I'm not all that experienced when it comes to war RP so I'm open to suggestions or assistance over the scale or other aspects. I'll continue to work on some more definite numbers as well.
Last edited by Lacus Magni on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active Projects

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Lacus Magni wrote:
New Edom wrote:Can we possibly get some idea of the scale? I have an idea about his btw: perhaps we could all edit in our possible committments with our posts in the War Planning Thread. This is an easy means to find such stuff, and you can link it in your OOC thread here so that people can easily find out what forces may be committed and what each nation may have.

Sure no problem. So I figure most of the fighting will take place in the center of Latium, which is between the black and red lines found on this map: http://i.imgur.com/wpPKJsw.png, eventually working down towards Castellum.

Numbers wise, Michael has roughly most of the 100,000 Scholae Palatinae; however, they are a gendarmerie and most of the force is composed of policing units, with maybe 10,000-13,000 able to be used in combat (roughly). Michael will probably also have anywhere from 30,000 to 35,000 loyal soldiers from the Army.

Constantine, on the other hand, will likely have a smaller number of forces. He of course has the Praetorian Guard, but their effective combat numbers are minimal or either specialized. He would likely have 20,000 to 35,000 loyal soldiers from the Army based on his success in securing support from the Greeks.

This would still leave some members of the Army undeclared, likely only choosing a side when a clear victor presents itself. I've offhand mentioned some naval numbers. Constantine has secured the loyalty of Latium's sole aircraft carrier, and perhaps 4 destroyers and maybe 4 frigates. Michael a mixed bag of 15-18 ships at the moment.

Ideally, I think it'd be best if foreign intervening forces were roughly a couple thousand ground forces

Admittedly, I'm not all that experienced when it comes to war RP so I'm open to suggestions or assistance over the scale or other aspects. I'll continue to work on some more definite numbers as well.

Well, I've been thinking a bit about that. One concern that I had is that quickly people semed to rally to Constantine (poor George!) and only Arbites and I to Michael. This may have a bit of an effect on how much actual intervention there is as things gain momentum.

BTW I like how you are depicting the action. The last three posts were particularly good and create a strong sense of tension. I think others' posting in this thread has been exemplary. This is arguably one of the strongest threads the region has done.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents