NATION

PASSWORD

The continental blockade (MT/INVITE ONLY/OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:49 am

Solution:
We just do a blockade and Ardoki's attempts to break it without any major land incursions
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:01 am

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Ardoki wrote:I haven't been in many wars on NS, though I can recall having to spend several hours on research just for a single post; I simply can't spare that sort of time at the moment (if I have enough energy to write a post, that means I should actually be studying).

That's usually the best kind of RP in general. One where it takes you a week to write a single post.
Generally 1-2 post-per-day IC RP's are either crap or just turn into OOC bullshit...

Man I love me some tactical battles of wits rather than lame, boring diplomacy which never accomplishes anything...

Believe me, if you combine both, you can maximize results. ;)
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:26 pm

Asigna wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:That's usually the best kind of RP in general. One where it takes you a week to write a single post.
Generally 1-2 post-per-day IC RP's are either crap or just turn into OOC bullshit...

Man I love me some tactical battles of wits rather than lame, boring diplomacy which never accomplishes anything...

Believe me, if you combine both, you can maximize results. ;)

Dis guy got it right.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Asigna wrote:Believe me, if you combine both, you can maximize results. ;)

If you can overwhelm and outmaneuver your enemy hands down on the field of battle but would be utterly outwitted in the conference room, then why would you ever set foot in the conference room..?

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Would I be allowed to enter this? I almost forgot to ask.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Hatay wrote:Solution:
We just do a blockade and Ardoki's attempts to break it without any major land incursions

That's pretty much the Ganosian policy. At least, if Ardoki doesn't attack us.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:34 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:So are you good with my terms so far? Thoughts? Questions?

I was fine with your terms. However, I will not sign multiple agreements with every single nation involved.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:So are you good with my terms so far? Thoughts? Questions?

I was fine with your terms. However, I will not sign multiple agreements with every single nation involved.

Are will still talking OOC or are we talking IC or what?

"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:17 am

I'm kinda itching to do a real war RP, or at least a blockade. I haven't really done a real one yet.
Long live Democracy!

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:03 am

Hatay wrote:I'm kinda itching to do a real war RP, or at least a blockade. I haven't really done a real one yet.

It's a lot harder than you think.
If you want to do a good one and have an upper hand anyways...

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:05 am

Hatay wrote:I'm kinda itching to do a real war RP, or at least a blockade. I haven't really done a real one yet.

Hatayan baptism of fire on war between governments? I'm interested to see where this goes.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:57 am

Asigna wrote:

Hatayan baptism of fire on war between governments? I'm interested to see where this goes.

:)
Long live Democracy!

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Update: After speaking with Cusc, he is willing to drop his demands and support my solution if SACTO is given control of Thuas.

IC'ly it would still remain independent and we could do the joint-political power sharing I proposed earlier.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:07 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:Update: After speaking with Cusc, he is willing to drop his demands and support my solution if SACTO is given control of Thuas.

IC'ly it would still remain independent and we could do the joint-political power sharing I proposed earlier.

Couldn't Ganosia control Thaus? It'd still be independent and all, but I wouldn't mind SACTO having a significant role in its affairs.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:Update: After speaking with Cusc, he is willing to drop his demands and support my solution if SACTO is given control of Thuas.

Couldn't Ganosia control Thaus? It'd still be independent and all, but I wouldn't mind SACTO having a significant role in its affairs.

This makes it confusing to know whether you are talking IC'ly or OOC'ly.

Also like I said before, that's part of Ardoki's terms with me/us. Convincing key SACTO players not to just wreck Ardoki like we all have been wanting to do for some time isn't easy and letting someone else take control of one of our terms could and most likely will destroy all that (unless you want to blockade, which then your on the right track).

EDIT: Yeah I literally said "if SACTO gets control of Thaus". "If" as in we either get control or the terms aren't dropped. I'm not sure where the confusion there came from...
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

This makes it confusing to know whether you are talking IC'ly or OOC'ly.

Also like I said before, that's part of Ardoki's terms with me/us. Convincing key SACTO players not to just wreck Ardoki like we all have been wanting to do for some time isn't easy and letting someone else take control of one of our terms could and most likely will destroy all that (unless you want to blockade, which then your on the right track).

EDIT: Yeah I literally said "if SACTO gets control of Thaus". "If" as in we either get control or the terms aren't dropped. I'm not sure where the confusion there came from...

I have no desire to blockade SACTO whether OOC or IC. And who said anything about convincing? You guys can wreck Ardoki all you want. I'd just like to set up shop in Thaus. At least let me swerve it towards Hobbesianism? Or just set up shop with an expat community like the Lebanese in real life. That way, I can have something to do. :)

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:This makes it confusing to know whether you are talking IC'ly or OOC'ly.

I have no desire to blockade SACTO whether OOC or IC.

I never said you did, where did you get that idea from?

And who said anything about convincing?

I did.
When I explained how hard it was to convince key figures in SACTO to agree to the terms me and Ardoki hashed out.

Now you are trying to push for something that will ruin any chance of a deal.

You guys can wreck Ardoki all you want. I'd just like to set up shop in Thaus. At least let me swerve it towards Hobbesianism? Or just set up shop with an expat community like the Lebanese in real life. That way, I can have something to do. :)

You and Ardoki were talking about setting up Hobbesianism in Ardoki. That's between you guys.

We were talking about handing over criminals and the status of Thaus in exchange for calling off the blockade and giving back PoW's. That's between us until otherwise agreed upon, so please stay out of it.

Comprenez-vous?

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:We were talking about handing over criminals and the status of Thaus in exchange for calling off the blockade and giving back PoW's. That's between us until otherwise agreed upon, so please stay out of it.

Comprenez-vous?

No need to be snarky, Inyur. You just have to excuse someone for wanting to get more involved in an RP and, moreso, try to generate something to actually do since, you know, the only thing that's actually happened is that Ausitoria ruined another thread. :roll:

Perhaps Ardoki could give a head's up on the current plan at hand? Or maybe Cuscy could? Because I don't know what's really going on.

And by the way, Ardoki telegrammed me with feelers, but nothing substantial. I merely told him I was open to the idea, but I haven't done anything serious in regards to it since, as I said earlier, I suspect this will all be for naught anyway. Still, a little bit of me holds out hope that I'll get to do something, so I'd like to know from Ardoki or Cuscy if the RP is still a-go, otherwise I'll retcon my involvement and let SACTO deal with the musical chairs again just like they have all the other times. :)

No offense intended, of course.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:58 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:We were talking about handing over criminals and the status of Thaus in exchange for calling off the blockade and giving back PoW's. That's between us until otherwise agreed upon, so please stay out of it.

Comprenez-vous?

No need to be snarky, Inyur.

Sorry I got a little short after this whole ordeal I have been proposed biased deals in favor of my opponents simply due to OOC exhaustion and desire to walk away from this all with an outcome that isn't empty hands, yet people have been expecting me to compromise down to the point of literal nothingness (yes literally the IFC wanted me to release Ardoki's PoW's and call off the blockade in exchange for downright nothing while they get Ardoki's criminals and they get free passage into Ardoki).

So sorry if I acted out defensively, no harm intended! :)

Perhaps Ardoki could give a head's up on the current plan at hand? Or maybe Cuscy could? Because I don't know what's really going on.

Cusc is a little busy at the moment with health issues.

I'm pretty much the SACTO spokesperson at the moment.

you know, the only thing that's actually happened is that [XXX] ruined another thread. :roll:

Yeah, he has a habit of doing that...

It's gotten on my nerves as someone with a healthy STEM background the outright denial of facts and evidence that was committed upon this subject (like if there were such thing as a scientific sin, then it was committed when said unnamed person demanded we all assume a positive result of a completely untested hypothesis) that it has inspired me to write a lovely treatise about why [insert lack of realistic factor] here is not a valid argument in any debate.

When I get back from the grocery store with cashew milk and coconut cookies that is...
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:00 pm

Also Ardoki, where do we stand on the terms now that I have basically pulled SACTO from the blockade (and thus made it much harder and much less effective for anyone else to do it now)?

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:02 pm

I am disappointed that Ardoki promised us a grand RP, then suddenly "got busy".
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL RND 1: COL 4 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 2 DAL | RND 2: NYR 0 - 0 CAR
NCAA MBB: Tulane 24-20 | LSU 28-17 || NCAA WSB: LSU 36-13

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:Sorry I got a little short after this whole ordeal I have been proposed biased deals in favor of my opponents simply due to OOC exhaustion and desire to walk away from this all with an outcome that isn't empty hands, yet people have been expecting me to compromise down to the point of literal nothingness (yes literally the IFC wanted me to release Ardoki's PoW's and call off the blockade in exchange for downright nothing while they get Ardoki's criminals and they get free passage into Ardoki).

So sorry if I acted out defensively, no harm intended! :)

Hey, we all got the shaft. Some of us just get more shafted than usual. I'm sure you mean well. But like I said, you can't blame people for wanting to get more involved. It's about time I had Ganosia really do something too, hence why I was asking about Thaus.

Cusc is a little busy at the moment with health issues.

I'm pretty much the SACTO spokesperson at the moment.

Poor guy. Hope he gets better.

Yeah, he has a habit of doing that...

In all honesty, I'm pretty much just waiting for someone to say the RP ain't going to happen at this point, because it looks like that pretty much killed the RP. I'd just like actual confirmation in regards to that,

Of course, I could be entirely wrong. Fine. But I'd just like someone to tell me (and the other non-SACTO players, for that matter) what is going on.

Shazbotdom wrote:I am disappointed that Ardoki promised us a grand RP, then suddenly "got busy".

If he's busy to such a degree that the RP is a no go, he should just say so. We already had Kyrusia come in here to try to put an end to the OOC drama. All further inactivity will do is allow the drama to worsen and potentially invite more of a mod involvement.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:I am disappointed that Ardoki promised us a grand RP, then suddenly "got busy".

I told everyone when my holidays would end before I started the RP, numerous times; being sure to make it clear that I can't prioritise NS over my study, which I currently have a lot of (and will only get more this semester).

This is not the first time I've caught you spreading lies about me, and I'm beginning to get annoyed.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:If he's busy to such a degree that the RP is a no go, he should just say so. We already had Kyrusia come in here to try to put an end to the OOC drama. All further inactivity will do is allow the drama to worsen and potentially invite more of a mod involvement.

I'll be able to deal with the diplomatic stuff, and other stuff perhaps, when the semester settles down. But I already made it clear to everyone that I can't handle a massive war when I'm supposed to be studying (which I'm actually doing right now).

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:If he's busy to such a degree that the RP is a no go, he should just say so. We already had Kyrusia come in here to try to put an end to the OOC drama. All further inactivity will do is allow the drama to worsen and potentially invite more of a mod involvement.

I'll be able to deal with the diplomatic stuff, and other stuff perhaps, when the semester settles down. But I already made it clear to everyone that I can't handle a massive war when I'm supposed to be studying (which I'm actually doing right now).

I've just been keeping an eye on this from the outside for a while now but I'm going to say this:

Pick studying.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents