NATION

PASSWORD

Introductory Banquet [Miklagard Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Exaequatio
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Exaequatio » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:04 am

The group came over to Dimes. "Hey Tony! How are you?" Fontaine asked. "I suppose I will try thee coffee," he said. He took a cup and drank some. "Yes it is quite good, indeed." He said, nodding in approval. He took off his sunglasses and let them hang on his shirt. "Say this is quite an interesting place. Very ancient here."
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

My National Factbook

Acharnidia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Acharnidia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:54 am

Shapur Varlassian, regent of the Holy Empire, was a tad embarrassed. It really wouldn't do for himself and his charge to be late, especially when it was of such vital import to secure allies for the newly modernized Acharnidia. Then again, it could t exactly be helped. There was, after all, a civil war, that his charge's father had just ended.
Speaking of her, God-Empress Asherdokt I was seated across the carriage. She was encrusted with priceless jewels from head to toe, and her face was white with makeup. She was worshipped as a living Godess by the people of Acharnidia.
She was also ten years old. Shapur could understand how this would be a problem.
The pair, as well as their bodyguards, arrived at the palace. Shapur bowed before the Pharoah, although Ashardokt refrained from doing so; as far as she was concerned, she and the Pharoah were equals. A Godess did not bow to a God.
Shapur spoke up. "Your most holy Majesty, I am the regent of her Imperial Majesty, the Living Godess, rightful Potentate of the Universe, Ashardokt I. We are terribly sorry for our tardiness, and pray that your Majesty will forgive us."

Sogrines
Political Columnist

Founded: May 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sogrines » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:31 pm

From outside the palace could be heard the rather low but still very loud and well-read voice of His Serene and Illustrious Highness The Sovereign Prince of Sogrines. A tall man of some six feet, with a well-groomed snow-white beard, which makes up for the great lack of hair on his head. He is a small and thin man but is still able to make a presence, due to his great intellectual ability and his forceful and blunt manner towards all those he meets.

Wearing a smart black dinner jacket and trousers over a crisp white shirt, it is complemented by a deep royal purple sash of the Most Noble, Illustrious and Ancient Order of the Crown of Charles of Great Memory (OCCGM), attached to which is a shining solid silver and enamelled medal, on which are several diamonds. On his dinner jacket is pinned a breast badge of the said order, as well as the breast badge of the House Order of Trefastarê-Môraliyê-Gundêwig-Onerlervê (the ruling dynasty in Sogrines), which is made of gold and silver, with accompanying enamel and diamonds.

He wears, on his feet, deep brown and freshly polished shoes, which do not fit with the overall style of the suit but, somehow, he pulls it off.

On his arm is his wife, the Princess Consort. She is radiant in her look and strong in her stance. She wears a long white dinner gown, with the sash of the Order of the Crown of Charles of Great Memory over her shoulder and the breast badge of the said order pinned to her dress. Her dress is made up of silk, with small diamonds attached, which makes the attire sparkle as she walks. Held against her side by her arm is a leather handbag, which is also white. The Princess Consort wears, on her feet, white high-heel shoes, which elevate her high to almost that of her husbands.

They walk proudly and sternly through the doors of the palace, understanding that they are late, but still have the elegance of being punctual. They enter the room where the banquet is being held and observe the attendees, trying to point out who is royal and who is not as so to know who to avoid and who to embrace.

Carim Amarja
Secretary

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Carim Amarja » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:59 am

Seeing more people entering Joseph was now wondering if who he should speak with first since now was the right time for him to speak with the other leaders. Julian Fontaine was the one Joseph chose to be the first leader for him to speak to since his country and Carim have friendly ties with each other.

"Mr. Fontaine I was wondering when you will appear in this Banquet." the old president said to the man once he was close to where he was. Joseph extended his hand for a shake.

Exaequatio
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Exaequatio » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Carim Amarja wrote:"Mr. Fontaine I was wondering when you will appear in this Banquet." the old president said to the man once he was close to where he was. Joseph extended his hand for a shake.

Fontaine wasn't quite sure what Joseph meant by 'appearing at the banquet' but played it coolly. "You must be Joseph, its nice to meet you." He said while shaking his hand. "How are you enjoying your time here?"
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

My National Factbook

Previous

Return to International Incidents