NATION

PASSWORD

Cope Lightning '16 IC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Cope Lightning '16 IC

Postby Organized States » Sun May 22, 2016 1:43 am

F/A-18E Block V
AMBUSH ONE-TWO
Twenty Miles off the Coast of Rota
+12 Hours to the Start of Exercise

The Block V, known to many in the Hornet community as the "Wasp", was a whole other animal. Glass cockpits, conformal fuel tanks, reduced RCS, and better avionics made this already deadly fighter more than a match for Iranian and Chinese Flankers that it would likely see combat against in the coming years along with bringing back the first day, long-range strike capability to the whole Air Wing. The F-35C integrated well with the Fleet AD network, and additionally provided the Fleet with SEAD and a number of strike roles. This left the Super Hornets to their traditional fields of CAS, Strike, and Air Superiority. VFC-12, being a Reserve Squadron, seemed to be in a tough spot earlier in the decade when its aging fleet of F/A-18A+s approached the end of their lifetime. However, it appeared someone in the Reserves went to bat and won the Reserve some Super Hornets from the units that were converting to the F-35C. However, following a brief flare-up between Japanese and Chinese forces near the Senaku Islands, the Brass decided to upgrade the entire fleet of Super Hornets to Block V in order to match the growing capabilities of the J-11 and J-15.

"Ambush Two, Lead here. Let's put this bird through her paces." said Commander Adam "Slash" Brown, flying the lead F/A-18E, bearing a subdued oceanic paint scheme reminiscent of the Su-33 Flanker Ds of the Russian Navy and a Soviet Red Star on its tail.

"Roger, Lead. I'll contact Center." replied Lt. Commander Eric "Typhoon Chaser" Alderman before changing frequencies to contact Guam Center, the local area control center that managed all flight operations in the area for the Federal Aviation Administration. "Guam Center, be advised, Ambush, flight of two, is conducting manuevers between 10,000 and 20,000 feet, 20 miles off of Rota."

"Guam Center acknowledges. Flight of two carrying out manuevers between 10 and 20 thousand feet." a young-to-middle aged man's voice said over the radio.

"Ambush Lead, starting exercise." briskly stated Slash before immediately breaking right away from his wingman, to become a simulated adversary against him.

"Ambush Two, acknowledges." Typhoon Chaser immediately broke to the left, before kicking on his afterburners and putting five miles and 10,000 feet between him and where he last saw Slash in a matter of a few minutes. Typhoon Chaser looked turned behind him and checked his six, helping solidify his confidence that Slash wasn't on his six. Typhoon Chaser pulled up his stick and took his Super Hornet to an almost vertical angle before taking rolling the aircraft 180 degrees.

That was when he saw a glint in the distance, just below the clouds at his 1 O'Clock. That was when the glint began a bank towards him. It was Slash's Hornet and he was attempting to go for a head-on gunpass, a move not commonly practiced outside of the Adversary community. In an almost textbook kill, Typhoon Chaser turned on his APG-79 radar and immediately locked onto Slash's approaching aircraft. Slash quickly snapped his aircraft to the right and released a series of countermeasures, breaking the lock and turning extremely tightly.

Typhoon Chaser immediately followed the turn, gritting his teeth as he bore the brunt of 6 Gs, before rolling into Slash's six. Slash immediately pushed his speed forward slightly, forcing his wingman-turned opponent to have to try and catch up. Slash, then abruptly pulled back on his stick, dumping his airspeed and forcing Typhoon Chaser to over shoot. Slash, following through on his ruse, then made an immediate lock-on to Typhoon Chaser's Hornet with his radar, though at this point, he could have gone in for a gun kill. Either way, Typhoon Chaser was "dead" and tired. ACM took a lot out.

"Cease exercise. Simulated Splash on Ambush Two. Ambush Two, form up and say status." commanded Slash with a slight tint of pride to his voice.

"Ambush One, Wilco." replied Typhoon Chaser, forming up with his flight lead before making the extremely short trip back to Andersen.

MISSION I: LIVE-FIRE SMALL FORCE EMPLOYMENT
DAY I

Mission: Strike Radar "Emplacements" on Northern Part of Farallon de Medinilla (simulated by microwave ovens near the Northernmost shipping containers visible
BLUAIR Package:
Strike Aircraft
-4 Mc.82 of 340 Tactical Fighter Squadron
Top Cover
-3 Su-27 of 129. Combat Squadron
Electronic Warfare Support
-2 EA-18G of VAQ-141
Quick Reaction Force/Back-up Strike Aircraft
-4 IEK-92M of SPD-II
Timeline:
0900-REDAIR Launch From Andersen AFB
1000-BLUAIR Launch From Andersen AFB
1030-BLUAIR Arrives on Station at Marianas Range Complex (Farallon de Medinilla)
Rules of Engagement
-40,000 Feet is the Maximum Altitude for this engagement
-10,000 Feet is the Minimum Altitude for this engagement
-A Lock-on for more than 30 seconds is tallied as a kill, and that aircraft must immediately disengage from all training operations in the AO
-Any endangerment of other aircrews caused through use of certain Electronic Warfare systems is strictly prohibited
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

COPE Lightning Day 1, Welcome to Sunny Guam

Postby McNernia » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:29 pm

340 Tactical Fighter Squadron Lighting Lands at Dai-Kuong C.1966

Deinceps ad Orientales Astrum
(Forward to the Eastern Star)

340 Squadron Motto from 1935 Formation in the Kaisong Islands

Andersen AFB, Guam, Pacific Commonwealth, Organized States of America
0630hrs Guam Daylight Time
340 Tactical Fighter Squadron

The Mcnernian Royal Air Force was quite professional and they hoped to show how good they were at COPE Lighting 2016, they had arrived on schedule and they were professional. Well, when they went to town to see the sights it was a bunch of people all gathered together and wary of those who were not of the number. The eight pilots were some of the best of the Squadron so they were naturally selected to be the representatives of the country in the wargames that were going on here. They had arrived a week ago and they had settled into a routine of preparations. Drill, talk with fellow pilots from across the SACTO alliance and be ready for the games when they began. What they brought to the fray was a weapon forged in the forges of the Anemonian war machine. A plane that could handle the fury of a F-22 or a Su-50 which made the Mcnernian skills all the more needed in keeping the peace around the world. China, Russia ,Iran, Mcnernian diplomacy was quite a bit more leeway filled but moral stances against Political prisoners were growing. And well that meant the MRAF would have to be ready to act against those foes. Best to have the largest number of 5 and 4.9 gen aircraft you can. The Mc.82C was one such airplane.

A multi-billion pound acquisition that was a symbol of how far the Mcnernians would go, the acquisition of this fighter and it soon became a backbone airplane of the Royal Air Force and the pilots who flew her were proud. Advanced radar, material and powerful computers and good size and payload capacity and good rage. Probe and drogue it was hoped would not be a trouble for their hosts. The Mcnernians were a very professional unit. The commander was not the one leading the expedition, this delegation of eight of his best. The man did not have a problem, Group Captain Steve 'Fitzy" FitzRoland waited back in Dai-Kuong while he sent his eight best pilots to the front lines with the message. Stay sharp and represent your country
COPE Lighting 2016 Delegation

Pilot:Matthew O'Fergus
Mc.82C-Sabre
XO of the Unit

Pilot:Colm Glasgan
Mc.82C-Aquila

Pilot:Byron Calghan
Mc.82C-Bolt

Pilot:Duncan Flyon
Mc.82C-Hammer

Pilot:Eric Tuthall
Mc.82C-Stone

Pilot:Niall Glassan
Mc.82C-Wraith

Pilot:Connor Dubhan
Mc.82C-Royale

Pilot:Theodore Barre
Mc.82C-Paladin

And the men who were the eight delegates were some of the best pilots that Mcnernia could send. Weeks of training had been implemented for the eight that would be going to the competition. This was a exercise, a game that would push the warriors to the max. In defense of the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization, there was a serious thing, war was no game. Mcnernian pilots were a professional bunch. They trained regularly against AI that spared not a moment in teaching them how to fight. Moddled on the mindset of Mcnernian pilots from distant wars beyond the borders of Idria. Out there there was states that had been very aggressive in pressing their assaults into the territory of the empire. And pilots who had claimed kills uncounting combined with the capacity of a Supercomputer that could not tire. You had a lethal machine or a master without precedent. And well the eight pilots had spent time learning from the machines and they had learned from the instructor pilots who could teach with a skill that was second only to the computers that were designed to be impossible to beat.

The idea of sending up about half the strength of the detachment. They had anticipated it would be something that would be giving the instructors the key idea of the pilots strengths and weaknesses. The Mcnernians sat together, stood up with the rest and were relatively quiet as the breifing was outlined. There was the smallest moment of concern before the four pilots were selected for the mission. And the XO, O'Fergus would be leading the assault. The bombing run.

"What is our Loadout, name the ordinance and we can deliver the weapons." O'Fergus would lead the following.

DAY 1 SORTIE

Pilot:Matthew O'Fergus
Mc.82C-Sabre
XO of the Unit

Pilot:Colm Glasgan
Mc.82C-Aquila

Pilot:Byron Calghan
Mc.82C-Bolt

Pilot:Duncan Flyon
Mc.82C-Hammer

Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Return to International Incidents