NATION

PASSWORD

The Flower Set Ablaze [MT | NEW EARTH ONLY]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Edelreich
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sun May 29, 2016 11:11 am

TO: HIGH COMMAND

SO FAR MANY SUCCESSFUL OPERATIONS IN NORTHERN XATHUECIA. MOST ENEMY FORCES ARE DISORGANIZED AND CONFUSED. OUR INTERVENTION WAS NOT EXPECTED. WE’VE SECURED MULTIPLE CITIES WITHIN MILES OF THE BORDER AND ARE CREATING NEW DEFENSIVE LINES FOR LOCAL COMMAND ELEMENTS. THE XATHUECIAN GOVERNMENT HAS COMPLETELY FELL AND DISORDER IS IN THE STREETS. IF WE SHOW QUARTER TO THE CITIZENS THEN WE MIGHT AVOID INSURGENT MOVEMENTS.

BRIGADEGENERAL VOGT

TO: BRIGADEGENERAL VOGT

YOUR ADVICE HAS BEEN CONSIDERED AND THE CHIEFS OF STAFF AGREE WITH YOUR SENTIMENTS. AVOID ANY OVERLY AGGRESSIVE ACTIONS IN CAPTURED CITIES AND REPRESENT YOUR FORCES AS LIBERATORS. YOU ARE BRINGING SECURITY AND REMAKING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF XATHUECIA FOR THE PEOPLE THERE. HAVE NO SOLDIER OR OFFICER GIVE A SLIP OF THE TONGUE REGARDING OUR BATTLE PLANS. ALLOW MOST LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCILS TO FUNCTION AT A WEAKENED STATE BUT DO INTERVENE AND OBSERVE IF THEY ARE AGAINST OUR INTERESTS. OCCUPATION MUST NOT BE BROKEN. REINFORCEMENTS WILL BE DISPATCHED SOON BUT YOU MAY NOT EVEN NEED THEM. CARRY ON YOUR MISSION.

HIGH COMMAND

Field Base Vogt,
200mi from Border

“There, there and there.” General Vogt said pointing out areas on a map of Xathuecia on the table. “These are suitable locations for us to continue the push.”

Around the field base was the collection of commanders for all of the forces currently in northern Xathuecia. The fighting initially was hard and difficult and there was some loss of life, a regretful reality for the Brigadegeneral. Yet the armored forces of the 27th Armored Regiment proved to be the devastating blow needed to break through the rebel forces. By their Oberst’s tactful and ambitious maneuvers, the regiment left behind their supply forces in order to make a hard and fast strike into the defensive lines. They were crippled and pushed back, the German military free to make their presence known as they went from population center to population center, securing them in the name of the Kaiser.

While the General held a great deal of disdain for the Xathuecian people and especially after the attacks on their fatherland it seemed only more justified, the commander recognized the difficulties that would come from a harsh subjugation of the local people. He extended most towns and cities under his occupation a generous length of rope; they could still meet and congregate in public places and the local government was free to organize still, although under observation of the Heer and only at times they permitted.

Vogt looked up from the map and watched the collection of officers from each battalion and regiment under his brigade take note.

“We’ve already got the Balkan forces on the run; they’ve fallen back to a defensive line just above the Adriatic, on the Slovene line. I don’t think they’re organized enough to really attempt a push, so as long as we have some people there, we can put ‘em out of our minds.” He pressed down on the map again, sliding his finger down to the center of the northern provinces. “Now most of the liberal and noble rebel forces of the north have either already been defeated by us, fled, or were absorbed into Amin’s army.”

“What do we know of our enemy sir? Who is this Amin?” An officer asked.

“Good question… he’s an idiot. He’s trying to claim himself as some Roman successor.”

The officer looked confused. “Rome, sir?”

“What’s a Rome?” Another officer asked.

“Some old ruined city that the Xaths, Carthies and Ralies like to lament and bitch about. What Amin wants to do isn’t really important; it’s his ability to defend his lands that we’re investigating. Naturally I’m inclined to send the 27th but we can’t afford to lose any tanks, especially ahead of the reinforcements Lindauer promised so the 78th will have to make do. Send out some small detachments, probe the west and see how Amin responds. We need to know before I commit to any more land grabs.”
Last edited by Edelreich on Sun May 29, 2016 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Plutt
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Plutt » Sun May 29, 2016 12:12 pm

The Royal Residence, Pluttheim

For decades, Plutt had conducted a rather isolationist foreign policy. In the long run it had proved itself very; the nation had managed to stay out of the Great War and similar conflicts thanks to it's neutrality on foreign matters. However, times were changing, and the same kind of dissatisfaction that was present in so many other parts of Europe was beginning to make it's presence in Plutt aswell. The people cried for the principality to take a greater stance in non-domestic issues, for some proper action instead of the usual inaction. Now the demand was being felt more than ever before. Demonstrations were being held on the streets of multiple Pluttian cities, demanding the government to flex the nation's military muscle and intervene in Xatheucia.

Prince Dalibur sat in front of the fireplace in the castle's living room, his face planted in his palms. He was exhausted, having spent his whole day intensely debating with his court on what choices to make. Unfortunately, the meetings had not come to a close yet. No, they were going to resume in less than ten minutes and he was expected to have made a desicion by then. The royal election was just months away, and if he hoped on getting reelected he would definately have to do something about his declining numbers in the polls. The other candidates for the throne had already begun to emerge; the current front-runner being Sir John Kobber, a military historian and author famous for his rather nationalistic and controversial views on Plutt's military issues. Kobbler made headlines in 2013 when he proposed that Plutt should invade Iceland and enforce martial law there in order to get the United Isles to give up their claims on Plutt, and the fact that he was the most popular candidate showed lenght of the frustration felt by the Pluttian people.

The young prince sighed and shook his head. He then rose from his chair and walked back into the great hall where the royal court waited for his final verdict on the matter.

"I've come to a decision. Someone please telegraph the Edelreich and the say that we are willing to cooperate militarily with them and the rest of the CIP to prevent nuclear weapons falling into the hands of the Xathuecian rebels."

Everyone in the room were dead silent. Pluttian isolationalism had finally come to an end.
Last edited by Plutt on Sun May 29, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Isles of Britain
Secretary

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Isles of Britain » Sun May 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Genoa
The British, lead by the experienced General Sir Scott O' Cain made a move to capture the city of Genoa late in the night. There we many reasons to this, but the primary reason was the looming threat of Amin and his forces. A moderately sized British force, backed by the Royal Navy and Air Force would soon move inland through the hilly countryside and to the Po Valley. The British would be working closely with the German forces advancing from the north in securing and removing the Xathuecian nuclear weapons while most of his forces were south in Xoma.

"Sir, the last of our forces have landed." said an officer.

"Great." O' Cain said standing up and picking up a phone. "This is General O' Cain. I want the bridges and roads south of here damaged or destroyed. We need to stall Amin's forces, afterwards we can move inland." he said before quickly hanging up. "Contact General Vogt if command hasn't already, tell him we're almost ready to proceed inwards towards the valley."

"Yes, sir."
Last edited by The United Isles of Britain on Sun May 29, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allied Merchant Republics
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Merchant Republics » Sun May 29, 2016 1:59 pm

To: Ambassador Albert Richter

The offer of His Majesty the Kaiser is most generous.

As you are no doubt aware, the policies of the Commonwealth of Allied Merchant Republics have always prioritised trade and neutrality. However, in the time of this crisis, neutrality does not appear to be an option left within our own hands, but rather a hope over which we have little control.

Our decision to refuse to recognise their new tyrannical regime was not made lightly, and we are aware of the consequences this may have. The support of your nation is much appreciated, and as such, we are to accept your offer.

One other thing: we are aware that quite the situation has developed in Xathuencia, worse than even Alcase. If you desire any additional support to aid against this threat, our parliament has authorised intervention in the Xathuencian Crisis, and as such we can provide some assistance, if it is wanted or required. This decision was also heavily contested, so we would rather not deploy unless such an action is truly necessary.

In hopes for present and future prosperity of all Germanic peoples,

Minister Walter Baardson, National Governor Anton Rien-Koole
Everything you need to know about the Allied Merchant Republics is located here

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun May 29, 2016 4:39 pm

The Roman Republic of Xathuecia

Xoma

"This message I am going to give is my address. My address to Edelreich, Britain, Plutt, Alcase, Carthage, and all other nations of the Coalition or that wish to intervene in Xathuecia. I welcome your actions. The north of Xathuecia is shattered. Rebel groups plunder it and kill. I will not allow for that. I am already sending armies northwards and seven Legions have already departed. I will stop the blood shed and I am glad other powers are doing the same. But understand that we must cooperate. In-fighting is wrong. And if you do wish to see this government of the people brought by the people for the people survive, declare war. Do not mask yourself under these claims of peacekeeping. We wish to see peacefulness aid. I extend my hand to welcome our past allies as our new allies. I am not a dictator. I am a man of the people. Once this time of crisis is over, I will step down like the consuls of the original Roman Republic. I will leave this power and let the people decide. So respect the new government, the state that has been brought by the people."

Mancua

The Liberals had been defeated. It had been a bloody victory but General Sagestein knew that his supply routes were going to help him. He had secured the nuclear arsenal and now it was all but a matter of time before the governments would know the new Xathuecia as a responsible government. The nukes were being gathered as they began to be shipped on rail road to Neueva Valenci. Amin knew that he mustn't use the weapons but securing them gave him a final defense and the power to flip the side of the conflict if it called for.

60 Miles out of Belgrade

General Mousil did not care about the new government. He cared about one thing, his family was dead. And so were the families of thousands because the Bulgarian-Serbian alliance which thought that the best course of action was intervention. So now they would defeat those forces. The majority of his southern forces lead by the 2nd Legion with a large air support of bombers would close down any movement the enemy forces could conduct. That would leave the remaining armies easily outmatched, outgunned, and only a matter of time before conquest could begin.

Letter To: Chancellor Eva Tillich of Edelreich

Hello Chancellor. As you may have heard in my public address, I please ask of you to coordinate your efforts of peacekeeping with Xathuecia. This will help us both in defeating these insurgents who continue to take lives. I personally am prepared as well as with the Senate to send over the captured soldiers who were responsible for the attacks that killed Edelians and the generals who ordered it. Do not despair. We must remain united especially as new radical powers such as Alcase rise and Aralia's threat to our new sovereignty.

Letter To: President Kuyunla Quarafasht of Carthage

Salutations President. I am writing this letter for I wish to quell any fears. I know that Carthage and its people see that any Roman ideas as wrong but I see the their form of governance as once we can use. I hope war does not spark because of our change. We are still Xathuecia, lovers of the Punic and Germanic governments and cultures. You define us, we wish for our continued relations. Please - do not start conflict for such things cannot be easily resolved that way.

Letter To: Emperor Caelius Larcius of Nova Aralia

Greetings Emperor. Your threats of conflict have yet to take action so I plead, from one people to another, that we can make peace. We know that you are the only Roman government to exist and we do wish to impede. We are not claiming to be the Roman Republic. We are claiming to follow the government and ideals set by the Republic. We are still Xathuecia and will always be so. I ask for a meeting if you wish to discuss but if not, then I say farewell for this is our last talk.

Letter To: Dictator Pierre Jean-Baptiste of Alcase

Good day Dictator. I speak hurriedly and for one purpose. As we both are fledgling nations and leaders, I ask for a mutual understanding. I would like for our forces to come to an understanding, one to further our agendas and growing forces that seek to hinder us. If you concur, let us meet in either Paris or Milan but if you wish to deny this meeting of Xathuecia, do not respond at all. I seek a new place of friendly relations but consider everything before decisions are made.
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Sun May 29, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sun May 29, 2016 5:01 pm

TO: MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

RECEIVED RESPONSE FROM DUTCH ADMINISTRATION. THEY THANKED US FOR OUR OFFER AND DECIDED TO ACCEPT OUR GUARANTEE OF ASSISTANCE SHOULD THE REBELLION TURN TO WAR IN EUROPE. FURTHERMORE THEY OFFERED TO ASSIST IN THE PACIFICATION OF TERROR FORCES IN XATHUECIA BUT NOTED THAT DUTCH PARLIAMENT IS POLARIZED OVER THE ISSUE. WE WOULD DO WELL TO ONLY INVITE THEM AS A LAST RESORT I ADVISE.

AMBASSADOR RICHTER

THE BRITISH ASSUREMENT OF INTERVENTION IN ORDER TO PREVENT UNDUE NUCLEAR THREATS HAS COME TRUE. THE BRITISH EXPEDITIONARY FORCES HAVE ARRIVED IN THE NORTH-WEST COAST UNDER GENERAL SCOTT O’CAIN. THEY WISH TO COORDINATE MOVEMENTS WITH YOU AND HAVE OPENED UP OFFICIAL CHANNELS. THE DETAILS ARE ENCLOSED WITHIN THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FOR YOUR USE ONLY. AS FOR ORDERS MINISTER LINDAUER HAS MADE HIMSELF VERY CLEAR: THE HOSTILE REGIME MUST FALL BEFORE THEY CAN CONSIDER MORE HORRORS. ORGANIZE A SPEARHEAD AND PUSH FOR THE NUCLEAR ARSENAL AS THE BRITISH MAY REQUIRE ASSISTANCE.

HIGH COMMAND

MINOR RESISTANCE AT OBJECTIVE A. UNDERSTAND ORDERS TO RETREAT IF OUTNUMBERED. BELIEVE WE CAN DEFEAT THEM AND PACIFY CITY. WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED.

OBERST MEYER

YOU ORDERED A FULL MOBILIZATION OF MY REGIMENT TO ATTACK IN THE WEST? I DO NOT MEAN TO QUESTION YOUR ORDERS BUT OUR RECON FORCES FROM THE 78TH HAVE NOT COMPLETED THEIR RUN. WE FACE AMBUSHES IF WE GO WITHOUT INTEL.

OBERST ROTTLUFF

TO: OBERST ROTTLUFF

THE 27TH ARMORED REGIMENT HAS THEIR ORDERS ROTTLUFF. I KNOW YOU ARE WORRIED. I UNDERSTAND I AM PUTTING YOUR LIVES IN A GAMBLE BUT THE NUCLEAR ARSENAL MUST BE SECURED. THE BRITISH ARE COMING BUT I CAN NOT BE SURE THAT THEY WILL BE ENOUGH TO SECURE IT ALONE. CARRY ON OBERST.

VOGT

Location Unknown, Xathuecia
275 mi from Border

“Need immediate CAS now!” The soldier shouted over the roar of bullets. His comrades dug in directly behind him, a small ridge eroded by trees being their only cover from a machinegun nest stationed yards away. While Vogt had ordered the 27th Armored to make their move in the west, the infantry of the regiment would be vital to securing a path for the tanks to push through. It seemed to the soldiers that every mile they moved in deeper, the rebel defenses grew exponentially. “God damnit stay down!” The sergeant shouted to his men, watching one of them almost get nicked by a volley. “I repeat; need immediate CAS!”

A wing of strike fighters heard the response and whipped around in the air. The captain of the wing pulled up his missile system and zeroed in on the coordinates provided.

“This is Goose-Actual. My wing reads you loud and clear, I’d take cover down their boys.” The pilot smirked while he switched off the transmitter and pressed the lock-on button for his system. His wing grew in closer together and then dived down, dropping their smart bombs down on the target and quickly recovering.

The captain laughed and congratulated the team on their positive kills until one of the wingmates spoke up.

“Sir,” he said worriedly. “That’s probably attracted the Xath air force. We aren’t armed for that.”

“Right, we’re getting out of here. Goose-Actual to command, we’re combat ineffective. Returning for rearming.”

The ground team let loose a cheer as they watched the bombing run commence, a selection of smart bombs crashing down on the gun nests and sending out a fiery cloud of smoke. The sergeant checked his ammo and stood up, shouting an order and running across the field with his men to secure the other side of the shallow ridge line.

Merely a distance behind rested the armored columns of the 27th, having been forced to the back as any possible damage or destruction could result in a delayed operation. So they sat inside of their tanks, the hatches opened as a few soldiers walked around. Everyone was nervous and eveready, every man near their vehicles in case of an order to advance by the Oberst. For the Column A command tank, the crew was in the midst of a battle of the wits while Oberstleutnant von Rauenzauch sat watching.

“You’re full of shit Huber,” the driver said playfully while taking a drink from his canteen. The tanks had air conditioning but to save fuel the metal beasts of war were off, the temperatures in the high nineties. “There’s no way a Carthy could take an Irishman in a brawl.”

“And why not?”

“Have you seen the bastards? They have an elephant as their president or something. Batshit crazy.”

“Come on. They beat the Aralians!”

The driver laughed, bending over his controls as the navigator concealed a smirk before correcting him.

“No. They didn’t. That’s like saying we lost to Aeuria in the war…”

The gunner nodded and understood the answer, all three of them turning back to see their commander back inside the tank. Normally he was standing outside, insisting on using his binoculars instead of their own instruments.

“Are we just talking shit here or are you boys ready to start dealing?” He grinned and reached into his coat pocket to pull out a set of cards. “Biggest loser buys dinner at the next town we find ourselves in.”

“Deal.” They said unanimously. It would be a long wait until the infantry had cleared a path through. Hopefully the British were faring equally if not better. Securing or intercepting the nuclear weaponry was now their only responsibility.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Isles of Britain » Sun May 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Northern Xathuecian Aerospace
"Command to recognizance, do you have a visual?"

"Affirmative, the base appears to be... Raided, over."

"Repeat?"

"The base has been raided. I repeat, the base has been raided."

"We'll send word to O' Cain."

Appennino Mountains
About half of the British troops moved out of the city of Genoa at noon and began to make their way through the mountainous countryside towards to Po River Valley. They face relatively little resistance moving down the curvy roads and were protected by the RAF constantly sweeping the area.

"Beautiful views." commented the driver of the General's Humvee looking at the rolling countryside that Mediterranean countries were famous for. "I just wish we were here under different circumstances."

"Don't we all, lad. Do your job here and now and perhaps you'll get the chance." O' Cain said smiling and patting the driver on the shoulder before picking up his ringing phone. "This is O' Cain."

"Command here. We've received word and visual confirmation that the Nuclear Weapons base has been raided."

"Oh for fucks-." O' Cain said frustrated. "Pardon my french, thank you for the information." he said then calling the RAF commander currently in Genoa. "Alexander we have a situation. The weapons have been captured by rebel forces and I need your lads to find where they are and stop them. We are NOT losing those weapons."

Aerospace above Mancua
"Targets located, they are moving the missiles on rail."

"Destroy the tracks, we need to stall them long enough for our lads to reach them."

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sun May 29, 2016 7:39 pm

To: Consul Idi Amin of the Roman Republic of Xathuecia

While the Empire of the Edelreich appreciates your willingness to turn over those responsible for the attack on our citizenry, we refuse to cooperate with an individual that would so callously bring his nation into war. You are a tyrant masquerading as a patriot and revolutionary. You have declared yourself to be the consul of the Roman Republic, a political institution you have no right to claim or become due to your illegitimate rule.

Please consider ending this senseless bloodshed. Step down and turn yourself into our forces; Xathuecians should not suffer for your arrogance.

Chancellor Eva Tillich

Field Base Vogt,
200mi from Border

“So a fireman in Praevalidus sees smoke rising out of the local pub down the street. What does he do?”

“No idea. Dunno.” The soldier responded.

“He gets the no smoking sign.” He smiled, a coy grin on his face and an undignified pride with the dumbest joke ever told.

The other soldier frowned and flicked his cigarette butt at him. “That was horrible! You call yourself a comedian?”

“You got a better one friend?”

“Yeah, yeah I got one. So an Englishman, an Alcasian, and an Aeurian take a plane. The plane crashes and they’re stuck on an island. Three days later the Englishman says ‘I’m so thirsty, I must have some tea.’ Well the Alcasian hears it and stops; he turns around and says ‘I’m so thirsty, I must have some wine’. Lastly the Aeurian comes up to them and says ‘I’m so thirsty, I must have some cigarettes.’”

The collection of soldiers burst out laughing, attracting the attention of a passing sergeant on his way to patrol the perimeter. He stopped and eyed them down. “What are you all laughing at, huh?” He snarled.

“Uh, nothing sir. Just some jokes, sir!”

“What kind?”

“Aeurians. Alcasians. You know. Other people.”

He stood silent for a second and slugged his rifle back to his strap. “Alright, I got a joke for you boys. An Scotsman, a Russian and an Aeurian are locked away for committing a crime. They’re going to solitary so the court decides to be merciful and gives them each a year's supply of whatever they want to get through it. The Scotsman asks for a year's supply of whiskey; it's given to him and he's locked away and the Russian asks for a year's supply of Vodka so he's locked up with several thousand bottles of it. Being different, the Aeurian asks for a year's supply of cigarettes and he's given a pile of cartons and the cell door is shut on him. One year later all the doors are unlocked and the Scotsman stumbles out shouting ‘I’m finally free!’ and keels over dead of alcohol poisoning. The Russian is dragged out next and before he speaks dies of liver failure. Everyone’s eager to know what sorry state the Aeurian is in so they open up the cell. To their surprise he walks right out the door, sidles up to the first person he sees, and asks, 'I say you wouldn't happen to have a match, would you?'”

The soldiers giggled in surprise at their superior’s humor. “I didn’t know you were a comedian,” one of them said. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

“I’m not; I read that out of a book. Now get the fuck back to work!” The sergeant waited and watched as the collection of soldiers dispersed then took off himself, passing by the command tent where the general appeared to be in some important discussions with the surrounding officers.

“The 27th is facing some considerable resistance the closer they get to the nuclear storage site.” He said, pointing on the rolled-out map to Mancua. “However the Tommies just sent over word that the site was raided. Cleaned out. Bastards are taking the whole load down south by rail. We’ve got no hope to catch that, so I’m recalling the regiment and returning to our original mission detail. Now as you can see…”

Northern Xathuecian Airspace

“Swan-Actual to command.”

“Copy. Continue Swan-Actual.”

“I’m getting some blips on my radar. Whole wing is. Can you confirm origin?”

“One moment Swan-Actual… coordinates correlate with our allied British elements.”

The pilot looked out of his cockpit, seeing one of his wingmates tailing nearby. “Well, they’re about to be flying dangerously close to Xath air. Permission to assist.”

“Uh… yes sir. Permission granted Swan-Actual. Good hunting.”

The pilot nodded and opened up the comms with his wing, catching them up with the task ahead as they sped off over the airspace of Mancua. He flipped open his firing trigger and pulled down the missile lock-system just incase the Xaths would try something. His wingmate was scanning over the radar when he opened his comms to the allied channel.

“Swan-Actual to all nearby allied forces on this channel. Saw you British lads were flying close to the Xaths and figured we might provide some… reconsiderations for their airmen.”

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Isles of Britain » Sun May 29, 2016 8:29 pm

"This is RAF Command to Swan-Actual. We understand your concern, however entering Xath aerospace and bombing the rails is the only way we can halt P.O 1's movement long enough for one our groups on the ground to catch up."

"We're not exactly thrilled at the thought either." said one of the pilots looking to where the German planes are. "But, if we do this right we can all make it out."

Southern Po Valley
"Sir, the last of our troops have cleared the mountains."

"Excellent." General O' Cain said looking east. "We need to move cautiously, our air-superiority will thin as we move away from the coast. Report to the Jerries, tell them we're moving as fast as possible eastward."

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun May 29, 2016 8:43 pm

"Sir! We are detecting air movements on the radar. Possibly foreign but nothing can be confirmed. It could easily be insurgents."

"What are their flight patterns captain?"

"It seems they are going southeastern. Towards the rails! They seem to want to take the nuclear arsenal."

"Hmmm....send orders back to Xoma. The 4th Legion must advance to avoid it being captured but the Consul must make the deal he spoke of."

"Roger - going to intercept with a drone, attempting communications."

Three drones soared into the sky nearing the approaching air crafts.

Xoma

The Consul took a breath and then picked up the phone calling the Edelian Chancellor.

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sun May 29, 2016 9:10 pm

The Chancellery,
Richtenräschen

The secretary hit the speaker button on her phone, connecting to the speaker system in Tillich’s office. “Ma’am, there is a call waiting for you on line one.”

“Who’s it from?” The Chancellor asked sitting at her desk. She had been reading over the newspaper about the debates in the Volkstag.

“It’s… from General Amin of Xathuecia ma’am.”

The Chancellor sighed and rubbed her brow in defeat, folding the paper aside and grabbing the phone while she hit line one. “General Amin, I hope you are not calling in an attempt to convince me to change my opinion. I already gave my response in the letter and it’s not changing, so please let’s not waste everyone’s time here.”

“Wing Commander,” one of the Swans said over the comms. “I’m reading an incoming bogey.”

“Direction?”

“South by southwest sir. Scratch that sir, I’m reading three now. Coming in low and fast.”

“Damn it,” he said reaching down for the comms switch to change over. “Wing Commander to all squadrons and allied forces; my squadron is picking up incoming boegies. Southbound, assume hostile.” He clicked off and looked down at his flight stick, making sure that the firing buttons were prepared in case. “Defensive formation Swans. Weapons free!”

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Isles of Britain » Mon May 30, 2016 11:03 am

"Command to Recog. You have permission to engage."

"Copy. Moving to respond."

Po Valley
The British forces were quickly moving northeast through Po River Valley. The area is relatively flat with numerous amounts of farms and small villages making for mostly easy movement. Local resistance was low but still remained an ever looming threat, but the ever looming forces of Amin kept the forces uneasy and vigilant especially with word of the recognizance planes being engaged. Despite this, troop moral was high as they progressed towards their objective.

"Sounds like they got a response." O' Cain said looking out the top of his Humvee. "If they've sent in aircraft, they'll probably be sending in ground forces as well." he said looking and pointing towards the northwest. "Speaking of ground forces, we should be ready encase of those gits over there try to stop us."

"They're over there as well hmm?" the gunner said taking out his binoculars.

"You won't be able to see them, but they're there."

"Don't worry, we got our eyes on them. We'll see them coming from half a continent away."

"They favour size over quality when it comes to their armies." O' Cain said sitting back down. "It's their air force we should be worried about, especially as our superiority thins as we move away from the coast. However, if we're smart and ready we should be able to deal with them."

"So what is our move if the RAF can't stop the train?"

"We rendezvous with the Jerries and move onward. But let's keep focused on P.O 1."

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Mon May 30, 2016 12:08 pm

La République Alcasienne
30 Mai 2016

Dictator's Residence, Paris, République Alcasienne

"Naval Intelligence, Dictator, you are being put under arrest for treason against the Alcasian Republic," the Naval Intelligence officer spoke softly as he strode across the Dictator's office, pulling extremely flexible carbon fiber restraints from his back pocket. He approached the Dictator, both their faces calm, and was escorted out of the room, leaving the Dictator's minor secretariat confused and shocked. As the man who had claimed sovereignty of the Meritocratic Dictatorship over the Alcasian Republic and led his government in an unprecedented purge, through to the nationalistic sentiments never before seen since the National Socialist government of the 1920s, and swiftly and efficiently took control of the crisis undergone in the Alcasian Republic and turned it around; walked out of his office, the secretariat could see the flash of police lights surrounding, but not blockading, the passages of Naval VBCIs through the streets of the old city. The secretariat, still exhibiting signs of "shock-face," stared at the strange sight, believing it to be surreal. No gunfire could be heard, and there was no pulling of weaponry. How could such a grand sight be conducted with no force of arms?

"What the hell.." is all he could whisper under his breath.

Place de la République

"Naval Intelligence, stop!" the Naval Intelligence officer yelled at the incoming party of Aeurian Frumentarii. He had no idea their nationality, and so yelled in his native tongue, but he and his dispatchers had suspected it to be the Loyalist forces of Alcase. As they approached, he raised his FAMAS rifle and stood his ground, hoping he would not have to pull the trigger but ultimately prepared to flex his index finger if the situation escalated further.

"This is the Alcasian Naval Force's Office of Naval Intelligence, please stop!" another soldier yelled. The small fire team's officer noticed one of the Frumentarii point their weapon towards the fire team. He immediately shot his rifle, which drew the attention of the Frumentarii towards their position. One Frumentarii soldier was hit, but it was unsure where, and the Naval Intelligence officer continued his yelling.

"We're not trying to stop you, we are here to help!"

with those words, in clear Alcasian French dialect, the Frumentarii, having been based in Paris for over a year now, were facing a fire team of Naval Intelligence soldiers; the direct Alcasian counterpart to their secretive intelligence-gathering organization.

Nice, Provence, République Alcasienne

In Nice, the worst humanitarian disaster that mainland Alcase has suffered throughout the modern era was unfolding. In Nice, thousands of immigrants were making their way from a war-torn Xathuecia and into a more-but-slightly-unstable Alcase. The Mediterranean Fleet was redirected to deal with the problem, and Naval Intelligence was working with Fleet Admiral Charles Louis-Rafale in order to improve the situation.

Alsace-Lorraine, République Alcasienne

The diplomat from the Dictator's regime met with the minister from the Emperor's imperial seat. He introduced himself as ambassador of the Government in Foreign Affairs and escorted the Edelian diplomat from the international airport to a local German pub. There, he was hoping to reach an agreement between the Edelians and the Alcasians; one that could solidify the two largest Continental States into the strongest alliance in Europe.

"Minister," he began, "I have a proposal from the Government of Alcase..."
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Aeuria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Mon May 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Place de la République
"Then stop shooting at the Prince!" Colonel Flavius screamed in response, spreading his arms in an attempt to stop his men. "Cease! Hold your fire!" he yelled, lowering one of his men's guns with his hand. Breathing heavily as he looked at the imposing platoon, he made sure Florian was unharmed. "Everything alright, Sir? You weren't hit were you?"

An out-of-breath Florian nodded, checking to see he still had all his fingers. "Just get me the hell out of here."

Stepping forward Atticus let go of his weapon, allowing its strap to catch it. "I am Colonel Atticus Flavius of His Majesty's Secret Service. We are in custody of Prince Florian. We need to get off the streets immediately." he said as he approached the FAMAS-wielding officer. "I assumed Naval Intelligence had disappeared with your President. I hope I'm glad to be mistaken."
Last edited by Aeuria on Mon May 30, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carthaghe
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Carthaghe » Mon May 30, 2016 6:51 pm

TO: GREEN GROUP CAPTAIN BRONNASHT
ORCODE: 2374212
OPERARATION WHITE SHARK BEGINS AT 0700 QHC.TARGETS ARE SPECIFIED IN ORCODE 2374102.
THE SUCCESS OF THIS OPERATION DEPENDS ON THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE, RETREAT WHEN OUTNUMBERED.EXPECT SUPPORT FROM RED WING AT ARRIVAL TIME + 1

CENTRAL COMMAND

TO:WHITE GROUP CAPTAIN ULYANOVISHT
ORCODE: 2374207
OPERARATION WHITE NARWHALE BEGINS AT 0700 QHC.TARGETS ARE SPECIFIED IN ORCODE 2374102.
YOUR MISSION IS TO REACH THE TARGET ASAP AND SUPPORT THE GREEN WING.DO NOT STOP, ADVANCE WITH SPEED AND ONLY OCCUPY THE TARGET.POSSIBLE AIR SUPPORT BY FRITZ.
CENTRAL COMMAND

TO:REGIONAL COMMAND CANNAE
ORCODE: 2374298
OPERARATION WHITE NARWHALE BEGINS AT 0815 QHC.TARGETS SPECIFIED IN ORCODE 2374234.
ADVANCE AND OCCUPY.DO NOT OCCUPY ANARCHIST, SOCIALIST ,DEMOCRATIC OR OTHERWISE IDEOLOGICALLY ACCEPTABLE COMMUNITIES.DO NOT BURN WINE.DO NOT BURN HISTORIC SITES EVEN IF ROMAN.DO NOT ACCIDENTAL BURN ROMAN HISTORIC SITES.DO NOT FOLLOW ORDERS TO BURN ROMAN HISTORIC SITES.DO NOT PAY OR FORCE LOCALS TO BURN LOCAL ROMAN HISTORIC SITES.DO NOT DRIVE THROUGH ROMAN HISTORIC SITES UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
CENTRAL COMMAND

Letter To: Chancellor Eva Tillich of Edelreich
Greetings Chancellor.
We would like request small aerial support in southern Italy in the coming invasion of Xatheucia.The Invasion will start with a suprise attack on xathu airfields, to curb the overwhelming air superiority would otherwise over the green airforce.
From: The Council of Defense of the Democratic Republic of Carthage

Press Hall, Council of Defense, Qart Hadasht, 8:05
The President stood before a large group of reporters.The morning news had been full of discussion and speculation regarding rumors of Carthaginian attacks on xathu airforce bases.Many believe the President had called the Conference to refute these rumors, but this was not the case.The time had come to show the world what the white army had been planning for the past weeks.She walked to the podium and began to speak in a confident and stern voice:
"Fellow Carthaginians.I have called this press conference to inform you on a new development in the xathu situation.As you know the our xathu comrades have always had a good relationship with us.Although the Xathuecian Government has always been plagued by overt authoritarianism, leading some to classify it as a degnerate worker's state instead of a true country on the path towards comunism our cooperation with the xathu people has always been a fruitful and popular endevour.When Xathuecia stood on the brink of all out war, we extended our helpful hand to form an alliance that would protect Socialism in the Western Mediterranean.
Until recently that is.A group of neofeudalists, liberals and terrorists brought our Ally to it's knees.The Final decapitating strike was however not dealt by misguided revolutionaries or reactionaries, no it was dealt by a traitor of the most vile charatcer."General Amin", did not only betray the xathu-punic friendship by resurrecting the roman demon from it's rightful place : The Grave.No, he also betrayed his country by turnning on his government and massacring it's leadership, but worst of all he betrayed his people by ignoring their pleas for peace and democracy instead preferring a violent coup that pushed the xathu people away from their shining path towards socialism and into the abyss of fascism and barbarism so typical of the ancient roman republic.
We cannot tolerate this Injustice, not on geopolitical grounds, not on diplomatic grounds, not on historic grounds and certainly not on moral grounds.
Therefore i announce, effective immediately : The Democratic Republic of Carthage declares War on the Roman Republic of Xatheutica.
Please, let me continue, i'm not done yet.No, i will answer your questions later.
Thank you.This War will be a war of liberation not Oppression.As such we have founded a transitional Government that will take control of the Carthaginian occupied areas of Xathecia.The Xathu Vice Confreme Bihal Wever will be head of the Transitional Government.Bihal Wever is an experienced stateman that will be able to bring harmony, peace, democracy to xathuecia after this period of chaos and death.
The Provisional Government has set itself the following set of guidelines :
  1. Anarchist, Socialist or otherwise democratic communities will not be occupied by white army forces or the Transitional Government.
  2. All Workers in Areas under Occupation of the Transitional Government or the White Army are urged to form trade unions to ensure the voice of xathu workers is heard.Unionization shall not be prohibited.
  3. All Firms or Corporations employing more than 100 workers are to have a vote deciding if the firm/corporation will be ceded to the workers or remain as is.This Process will be aided by the Carthaginian Military Police and overlooked by xathu trade unions.Foreign owned Corporations/Firms or Corporations/Firms with foreign investors are exempt form this.
  4. Full Amnesty will be granted to soldiers, bureaucrats or other elements support the roman republic r other counterliberation forces that surrender.
We hope that the xathu people are as enthuastic as we are to continue the long friendship between the xathu and punic peoples and will support us in our mission to bring peace, socialism and democracy to our war torn comrades.We also hope that the members recognize the transitional Government, as it is not only the most legitmate but also the most promising option for a post amin xathuecia.
I also wish to deny any rumors of an suprise attack on xathu airbases earlier this morning.That is just unpatriotic gossip, devoid of any truth.
I thank you for your attention."

Defense Room, Council of Defense, Qart Hadasht, 8:40
"Call General Amin, i want to have a word him" ordered the President, entering the grey and depressing defense room, having just shaken off the reporters and journalists in the Press Hall.
"Do you really want to go trough with this, Mrs. President ? I understand that we are at war now, but this something else.During my time in Nova Trael I always stayed away from bluffing when pressuring a source or a Politician.And you know I'm no coward, my reputation precedes me."
"Spare me your ego, Vlad.Just step into the camera and look threatening.You may have been a spy and may even be the head of MESI ((Ministry of External Security and Intelligence)), but this isn't Espionage, it's Diplomacy.Appearance is everything here.Amin has no diplomatic training, he won't call our bluff."

*=The Carthaginian Army describes distinguishes ranks by green wing=airforce, red wing= navy and white wing= land/infantry.The Carthaginian Army as a whole however is often referred to as the White Army.
Last edited by Carthaghe on Mon May 30, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hannibal invictus.

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Mon May 30, 2016 7:13 pm

La République Alcasienne
30 Mai 2016

Place de la République

The Naval Intelligence officer stares at Colonel Atticus Flavius, the ONI officer's FAMAS rifle still raised and its barrel pointing straight at the Colonel's face. The two black-dressed, masked gunmen stood face-to-face, both showing no signs of physical identification. He glances down and sees a Frumentarii soldier, with a hole in his abdomen. Unknown to the ONI officer, the bullet he shot towards them pierced the black over-clothing, but did not manage to penetrate the unknown bullet-proof material under the Frumentarii's clothes. He then changes his glance towards the carnage behind the Frumentarii force; the sight of blood being shed, innocent men and women clinging to life as they drag themselves towards emergency services, and Republican Guardsmen tending to the wounded instead of chasing the Frumentarii forces.

While the ONI officer suspects the name to be of Aralian origin, the Frumentarii's crystal clear French strikes the ONI officer by surprise. He deduces that the men are of Aeuria, specifically the Imperial Seat's protective and intelligence-gathering service.

"Colonel Atticus Flavius, my name is Alexis duBeau; I am a mission specialist of the Alcasian Naval Force's Office of Naval Intelligence," the ONI officer begins, refusing to lower his rifle.

"I see you had a hell of a time protecting the Emperor," he sighed, glancing once more at the blood soaked streets of the Place de la Republique. He grabs his radio's knob, its small dial extending from his left shoulder: "We need medevac, one of them's hit."

"We'll get you out of here. We can take a helicopter to the CDG International Airport, where we will be airlifted by airliner to the Fleet. The Alcasian Gendarmerie markings should keep the Dictator's nose out of our business. Let's get moving, the choppers are landing up north, a little outside of Montreuil." The ONI officer lowers his rifle, still taking a defensive stance, "Let's move out."
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Aberstadd
Secretary

Founded: May 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aberstadd » Mon May 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Capitol Building, Aberstadd, Aberstadd.

Kanklijkmeester Hendrika Aalbers, head of state and government of Aberstadd, walked out onto a podium infront of thousands of press and citizens. The crowed cheered as she situated herself and prepared to begin the speech.

"Thank you, thank you. Today, I will be discussing the situations in Xathuecia, and giving my opinion on the matter. Recently, the opressive yet very stable government of Xathuecia collapsed, and after a short period of chaos and relative anarchy reformed back into the Roman Republic of Xathuecia under rule of General Amin." the Kanklijkmeester cleared her throat and resumed talking "Following this, the British and Edelreich militaries were sent out in an attempt to restore the previous regime, and the Democratic Republic of Carthaghe has formally declared war against Xathuecia. As it stands, I and the majority of Parliament extend our support towards The United Isles of Britain and Edelreich efforts, however instead of restoring the previous regime we beleive in enstating a more democratic and less opressive version of the previous government. That is our current and official stance on the issue." Doing the traditional Aberstadd salute, she said the national motto to rile up the crowd as she left the stage. "Één stadd, één fölk!"
der Republika van Äberstadd

Roleplay Puppet of Blorbs

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Mon May 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Mediterranean Airspace

“Eagle-Actual to all squadmates. The Wing Commander just transmitted new orders. Straight from Chancellor Tillich and H-Com.”

“Tillich huh? Must be pretty serious.” His Wingman bantered.

“Yes actually. H-Com wants us down south immediately; Wing Commander says half of us are to support the Carthaginian advance.”

One of the squadron’s jets pulled up beside him. He removed his oxygen mask with a single snap and looked across the way to his commander’s canopy.

“The Carthies? You’re actually telling me they’re doing something?” He said incredulously.

The Carthaginians had long been a known ally of Xathuecia and the old regime was just socialist enough for them to be capable allies. Yet with the Roman Republic now announced by the General and the lack of a response from Carthage, the Germans had assumed that they were sitting this one out. It was a pleasant surprise, one that High Command welcomed obviously.

“Yeah Two. They’re gonna be coming in through the south and need some coverage.”

“And where’s the Wing Commander in all this?”

“Helping out some Tommies up in Northern Xathuecia I last heard. Big rumors that Amin is moving some dangerous cargo out of there before we can get it.”

“Hmm,” The pilot said, bending his jet off to the right and rejoining the flight pattern as the squadron converged on the south of the Latin Peninsula. Various expendable squadrons were following in suit, pulling from the Wing operating in Northern Xathuecia and flying down through the ocean, where the Alcasian naval forces provided a deterrence to any attacks. Soon they would arrive in mass and the Carthaginian advance could be properly covered.

Though the act of war they presented was a rather dangerous one at that. The High Command and the Kaiser were both in talks, unsure of how to proceed now that Carthage had taken so an insufficient path in the Edelreich’s eyes. Invading and returning the previous regime to power wasn’t going to be popular with everyone, but it was stable and provided a diplomatic basis from which the Germans could exploit. With Carthage’s socialist and leftist principles in play, they couldn’t insure that the lands taken would remain ultimately under the Confreme’s control and not some unionist syndicate group.

Strasbourg, Elsass-Lothringen

Minister Bott felt wholly inadequate. No, not in the way of a person adventuring into the unknown or a person truthfully unprepared for their duty, no, the Minister felt a strange sense of dread and apprehension at the prospect of what he was doing. Summoned to Strasbourg to mediate with the only other major continental power on Europe was an obligation he couldn’t envy another of.

The Minister was treading new territory in his eyes, being an experienced member of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs did little to assuade his vexes. He was a former ambassador to three countries and, since being in the cabinet of Tillich for years, became a well-known diplomat and regular all across the world. Yet he was not accustomed to the prospect of preventing total war in his homeland, nor was he prepared for dealing with a failed state such as Xathuecia. He remembered how the issues of the Tasmanian rebellion first plagued his ministry and how he handled it with care and order, providing to the Kaiser information when it was requested. Yet Tasmania was so far away and removed from the affairs of Europe and the Minister did worry greatly about what would happen if a solution for the crisis wasn't worked out soon.

But he tarried on too long. This meeting in Strasbourg wasn’t about Xathuecia, it wasn’t about Tasmania. No. The meeting of Alcase and the Edelreich was merely what it sounded like; a diplomatic opening between two states that could provide an avenue of opportunity.

The Edelreich was massive, the Minister thought while he met the Alcasian diplomat at the airport, it was a superpower and an incredibly influential nation. He recognized their supremacy in most affairs native and even across the oceans of the world they still carried weight. When he rode in the car with the diplomat and exchanged casual conversation his mind was drawn away to the thoughts of a utopian future; a perfect ideal of unity between the German and French peoples of the world. He could be the one to orchestrate this, that’s how important it was to Minister Bott. The world might thank him one day, depending if any such agreement was offered.

Sitting in the German pub and listening to the diplomat’s proposition, the Minister had only a look of anticipation and friendliness while his mind raced the possibilities of what Alcase could offer and what the Edelreich would accept.

MAKING CONSIDERABLE PROGRESS IN WESTERN TERRITORIES. WE HAVE ADVANCED THE LINE TO 54 KILOMETERS WITHIN MANCUA. HAVE YET TO MAKE CONTACT WITH BRITISH ELEMENTS ALTHOUGH I HAVE SEEN REPORTS OF BRITISH AIRCRAFT OVERHEAD BY MY SCOUTS. WE ARE STILL A WAYS OUT FROM THE OBJECTIVE. DO YOU WANT US TO PRESS THE ADVANCE?

OBERST ROTTLUFF

TO: ROTTLUFF

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME PRESSING THE ATTACK. THE BRITISH CONTACTED HIGH COMMAND AND INFORMED THEM THAT THE PRIORITY ONE OBJECTIVE HAS BEEN MOVED BY RAIL. IT IS HEADED SOUTH TO NEUEVA VALENCI. TURN YOUR ATTENTION TO SECURING LOCAL POPULATION CENTERS. REINFORCEMENTS HAVE ARRIVED FROM THE BORDER AND THE FIELD BASE IS BEING RELOCATED ONCE MORE.

BRIGADEGENERAL VOGT

ORDERS UNDERSTOOD. WILL BEGIN MAKING ADVANCE ON LOCAL POPULATION CENTERS. GOD WITH YOU GENERAL.

OBERST ROTTLUFF

ALL CITIES WITHIN 450 KILOMETERS HAVE BEEN PACIFIED OF REBEL FORCES. SOME CITY COUNCILS REFUSED OUR OCCUPATION DEMANDS AND I WAS FORCED TO DISBAND THEM. OTHERS HAVE REMAINED LOYAL OR ARE JUST HAPPY TO BE SAFE FOR ONCE. SITUATION IS GETTING WORSE BY THE DAY. CONSTANT REFUGEES COMING FROM THE WARZONES AND ARE HEADING TO THE NORTH. IF THEY AREN’T FLEEING TO ALCASE THEN THEY ARE COMING TO US. WE NEED TO FIND A PLACE FOR THEM LESS THEY BEGIN BRINGING POTENTIAL THREATS WITH THEM. OTHERWISE OPERATING AS EXPECTED HERE.

OBERST MEYER

TO: MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

AALBERS MADE ADDRESS REGARDING CRISIS IN XATHUECIA. HAS PLEDGED SUPPORT TO PEACEKEEPING OPERATIONS BY BRITISH FORCES AS WELL AS OURS. THE ABERSTADD PARLIAMENT AGREED WITH HER STATEMENT AND WE CAN CONSIDER POSSIBLE AIR SUPPORT. I SUPPLIED THEM WITH OUR NECESSARY MILITARY CONTACT INFORMATION. HOWEVER BE WARNED THAT THEY DO NOT SUPPORT THE GOAL OF OUR MISSION IN XATHUECIA AND INSTEAD WANT A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY TO BE BUILT. I WOULD CONSIDER NEGOTIATING A CHANGE OF APPROACH WITH HIS MAJESTY. THE CONFREME IS UNLIKELY TO BE RETURNED TO POWER AND NOT FACE ANOTHER REBELLION LIKE THIS.

AMBASSADOR WEBER

Aberstadd
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Aberstadd » Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 pm

Aberstadd Airbase, Runway 2

4 Aberstadd military jets took off from the runway, one by one, afterwards regrouping into a formation which flew southbound towards Xathuecia.

A pilot spoke into his radio. "So, uhh... what was the mission objective again?"

"If you were actually listening when they gave the breifing," chimed in one of the other pilots through the radio channel "then maybe you would have known."

"Could you just tell me? Or are you just going to wait to say until the end like a moody teenager?"

"Well if your going to try and insult me I'm not sure I will tell you ever."

A third pilot yelled angrily into his radio "Will you two stop bickering? The mission objective was left rather vauge, but it was said that our main plan is peacekeeping, and further detail will be given later."

"And they can't tell us in full detail now because...?" he mocked

"Apparently Aberstadd strategists are too incompetent to come up with their own plans, so they asked Edelreich to detail various tasks for us that would help their and Britian's efforts."

"About that, what exactly are we fighting for? Beyond the fact that the government is against the control of General Amin I don't really know what our overall goal is."

"Well..." he paused "I think the end goal is..." he paused again "You know, I really am not sure either. The Kanklijkmeester says that we are 'in support of Britain and Edelreich' yet at the same time don't want the same things they want? Not really sure, but I figure the country will cross that bridge when it gets to it, and there is a lot more to get through before that becomes much of an issue."

der Republika van Äberstadd Communiceren

Message to: Edelreich Military

The Aberstadd airforce has dispatched 4 jet aircraft (Capabilities include minor bombing/ground missiles and air to air combat) towards Xathuecia in an attempt to assist the efforts of the Edelreich and British militaries. We request Edelreich airspace access.
If there are any locations in which we could assist or fleets that would benefit from extra aircraft, please inform us and the aircraft will be informed of their new tasks.

Thank you.

Folgard
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Folgard » Mon May 30, 2016 11:28 pm

Rear Entrance of the High Minister’s Office
Canalef, Folgard

The permitted news reporters and their filming crews tensed up as the lights for the back entrance came on. The door was already opened and a clear pathway through was laid out, a literal red carpet flanked by a few guards. Obviously there were more around the estate but the news teams were already screened before entering in anticipation of the High Minister’s speech.

It was a tradition now since the invention of the camera and recordings for the High Minister to handle addresses from the rear entrance of the office. The first televised speeches beginning in the 1950s dealt with economic policy and social changes in the state, so much so that any mention of the rear entrance brought along the connotation of change and importance. Any expected address was watched closely by news agencies when announced and the High Minister was always the one to deliver them; one of the most recognizable means of communication that the position had outside of yearly addresses and inaugural speeches.

The cameramen adjusted their equipment and turned on their cameras as the door facing the red carpet opened, Martinus Witteveen walking down and waving to the gathering people. Just beyond the courtyard and the back gates a collection of citizens watched eagerly, surrounding the fence as he began to speak.

“My good Foles,” he began, “in the matter of foreign affairs my cabinet has always adhered to a policy of understanding and respecting the differences of other nations, including whatever their political beliefs may be. If that failed, then I always made sure we exhausted every diplomatic option available to us. As a democracy, it is the will of the people who influence the government and here in Folgard it isn’t any different - any of you would do the same if in my place. However today I have the unfortunate duty of describing a case in which diplomacy has ultimately fell short. For the past few weeks the state of Xathuecia has been ravaged by rebel groups, freedom fighters and insurgents. Some of these individuals have resorted to terrorism to reach their demands, a despicable act that affected our neighbors in Edelreich and even threatens the security of our home. Yet we held out on a hope that the government could assure us of safety; however the rebel forces instead captured or killed them. Under the command of General Amin, who has declared himself the Consul - a fancy word for a dictator - of the Xathuecian nation, the situation there has only worsened and saw intervention by our neighbors in Europe. Xathuecia has nuclear weapons; a bargaining chip we don’t, so Folgard must stand with the others and prevent this despot from threatening our loved ones. Parliament has agreed with these sentiments and authorized intervention in the nation.”

He paused and cleared his voice, glancing at the cameras then slightly aside to his teleprompter before continuing.

“Speaking with my cabinet and the Chiefs of Staff, we have come to the decision that our intervention is needed to secure a pathway for a safer, democratic Europe. As of now the military intends to only send a few squadrons of our jets over to help the British and Germans, who have been neck-and-neck with insurgents since their intervention. I would applaud their efforts and surely our jets will assist in saving lives and securing Xathuecia a better, brighter future with a government in charge that doesn’t treat its citizens as slaves. Of course the situation there is constantly changing and the army has considered organizing a small peacekeeping force of volunteers but at this time we believe that will be unnecessary. Folgard must follow the example of other nations; we will show the world what is given to all tyrants.”

The High Minister finished his speech and thanked the people for coming out. He exited and the Minister of Defense entered into the frame to describe the course of how the intervention in Xathuecia would really play out.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue May 31, 2016 7:00 am

"This is an automated message from Xathu Command. You are to cease and desist. Your aircraft is entering airspace currently being regulated under the command of Consul Amin."

The drones scattered after delivering the message as one exploded followed by another. The Edelian pilots soon saw on their radar first 5, no 10, no 25, no 30! Thirty incoming fighters to secure the border.

"Let's go! If they open fire, open fire. We are not going to fire first."

"Roger that", said the pilots heading towards the planes ahead.

Xoma

"Hello Chancellor. No need to tell me again - your letter sufficed. What I wish to speak of now is simple, I will give up the nuclear weapons to Edelian and British forces in return for you pulling out of the nation and remaining neutral in the war Carthage has started. That is my absolute request."

The screen flickered to life and the five consuls looked at the screen. Behind them stood soldiers as well as banners of the flag.

"Greetings President. Declaring war always is a great topic to start off with isn't?"

10 Nautical Miles out of Genoa

"The refugees should be considered heroes!"

"Yep! Alcase relented and led their navy go. Now the British are about to surronded."

"And the Phoenix? Are they ready to go?"

"Yep. The British should really stick to just drinking their tea, those 'good old chaps'"

"'Oi! Oi!' Haha, I love it."

The ships continued forward hoping to surprise the Royal Navy.

Valenci

"No one invades Xathuecia! Forward march!"

"Carthage - land of elephants and people who love 'em!"

"Shut it! We are barbarians, or should I say Carthagians!"

"Garbagians!!!!! Where are they?"

"South!"

"Where are they going to be?"

"Graves!"

The army of the Liberals, numbering around 150,000, continued their march south. Amin had promised elections and with Carthage invading, they were going to fight. No need to continue the civil war - they surrendered their territory and went south. No one was going to take their homeland.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Isles of Britain » Tue May 31, 2016 2:46 pm

"Command to Recog and Allies.. We're sending in more, better equipped units to your position, Recog continue on to your next objective."

"Aye." one of the pilots said nodding to his wing-man. "We'd love to stick around with you lads but we have other objectives to handle. Play nice with our gents."

Genoa
"How long ago did we see them coming?"

"Well. They weren't exactly sneaky." the admiral chuckled taking out his binoculars. "They're brave. I'll give them that. But we were ready for something like this. Just make sure your forces are in sync with ours. We need to blow them out of the sea as quickly as possible."

"Yes admiral."

"Perfect." he said hanging up his phone then looking to one of his officers. "All of our defense forces are ready. Let's make His Majesty proud."

Central Po Valley
"Carthage is moving in from the south, now's our chance to push it while they move." O' Cain said with a grin.

"Sir, we've received word that the Xaths are starting an assault on Genoa." an officer said with a blank stare.

"Relax. They've been ready for this since this morning." he said hearing the rolling sound of jets passing overhead, then peering out the gunner's position. "Look at those birds fly. They must be heading west, meaning something is amok over there."

The British forces were making progress into the countryside. News of the upcoming battle back in Genoa quickly swept through the army, although most of them shrugged it off and continued keeping themselves occupied while moving through the valley.

"You brought those cards with you right?" a solider said sipping from a bottle of water then peering out the top of the tank's turret. "Because it looks like we're not getting engaged by an enemy any time soon."

"Yea. I gotcha." he said putting reaching down his book and reaching into one of the compartments. "Countryside boring you?"

"That and it's bloody hot out now that we're away from the coast and mountains."

"I doubt the temperature is a concern to our counterparts back in Genoa." he said as he began to shuffle his cards. "You think they'll be able to fight the Xaths off?"

"Oh without a shadow of a doubt. You saw them as we left the city, they were dug in and ready for the Xaths at virtually any minute. Plus they're navy is a joke."

"They're air force isn't shabby though."

"But ours isn't either. I would like to see one of their planes try to get close to one of those ships."

Straits of Gibraltar
With the news of Carthage joining the war, the second much larger British fleet and task force quickly moved through the straits and into the Mediterranean to re-enforce Genoa or if requested to assist the Carthaginians. It would take some time to finally arrive in Genoa even if they aren't intercepted by Xathuecian forces.

"Admiral. The first fleet is about to be engaged by Xathuecian forces."

"Do they have the forces to hold them off until we get there?"

"Knock on wood" the admiral said tapping the side of his chair with his knuckles. "They should be prepared and ready to handle them unless it's some kind of unknown armada that the Xaths have been hiding."
Last edited by The United Isles of Britain on Tue May 31, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Tue May 31, 2016 4:07 pm

Empire of Edelreich
Ministry of War

To: The Republic of Aberstadd

The Ministry welcomes your assistance in the conflict and I have already spoken to the Chiefs of Staff on where they believe your limited air forces would be the most useful. The Kriegsmarine has yet to be utilized in this conflict, so our naval presence is rather limited. Fortunately the British and now Carthaginian groups are providing enough to protect us from any naval maneuvers.

The Chiefs of Staff specifically wished to attach your assistance to the Luftstreitkräfte, who are currently in an outnumbered battle for air supremacy against Amin’s forces and other insurgents group who’ve commandeered a considerable presence of Xathuecian aircraft. The Heer have been making advances in their northern regions and have just begun to push into Mancua.

Mancua is where we currently require the most air presence. A combination of our air and British air forces have already been involved in some limited bombing and strike movements, but the inability of securing our air space from the more numerous Xathuecian numbers have been a detriment to our advances.

Please instruct your air forces to make way for Mancua airspace. The area of the location of the brunt of our forces are: 44.7 Longitude and 10.85 Latitude. Once your forces reach the area please contact either our or the British’s air forces.

Thank you and God speed,

Minister Erwin Lindauer

Mancua Airspace

“Sorry lads, but your Consul isn’t legal and your nation doesn’t exist. Tough.”

The Wing Commander laughed to himself and broke left as the radar picked up the series of jets coming in. He pulled off his breathing mask once stabilizing the plane and looked down from the canopy to see the ground and some of his fellow wingmates.

“Looks like we’re in for one boys,” he said cheerfully. “You know the laws. We haven’t actually engaged this Amin’s forces yet. Give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they persist… we all know what to do.”

“No complaints from me Swan-Actual.”

“Hope those Tommies bail fast.”

The Wing Commander laughed again and put his mask back on. He reached down and flicked open the firing system for his missiles but held off putting his hand near the firing button. The jets were just barely cresting over the horizon and he could already make out the familiar outlines of their jets. He sighed and changed the comms channel to all, figuring that he might as well give it a shot before speaking.

“This is Oberstleutnant Florian Fischer. Xaths… listen; turn back your jets. Get out of here. It’s not worth dying for some power-hungry despot like Amin. He’s not going to make anything better, hell the only thing he really cares about is himself. So just turn back and leave. Desert or whatever you will. Don’t make this mistake. Don’t make this mistake for your families.”

He sighed and turned off the comms unit and did a quick check of his fuel. They could take a fight if need-be.

The Chancellery,
Richtenräschen

The Chancellor spit her coffee over the table in surprise and quickly hit the mute button on the phone. Christ, she thought that he was just calling to bicker about some unfair approach the Germans were taking. No kidding; of course they weren’t be fair to the new Xathuecian regime. It didn’t exist officially. It wasn’t recognized; it’s a coup still in progress.

The approach that the Edelreich took to handle this uprising in their neighbor’s lands was one of constant debate back home. The Volkstag was divided, the government was divided and the imperial family themselves divided over it. The Kaiser entertained, although she was sure he was just joking or trying for effect, a full occupation of the country and instituting one of his family members over the Xathuecian crown. In practice the government wasn’t sure of where to go with this; so far it seemed they would be putting the Confreme back into power but many in the Volkstag disagreed for a plethora of reason. They cried democracy or they cried defense, worried that the power of the Confreme was already depleted and bringing him back would only spark decades of tension and terrorism within the nation.

The safest option for the Edelreich was to support the nobility in their claim for the Xathuecian Crown and the rebirth of a kingdom, although from a combination of events that was unlikely. The Edelreich entered much too late into the conflict, hoping that the Confreme could manage his own nation or that a group they liked would’ve come to power without any need to intervene. That wasn’t also to forget that the nobility’s leadership were idiotic; holding weddings instead of fighting and facing treachery. The Kaiser still couldn’t understand why they didn’t ask for refuge in the Empire, he would have given it to them without a second thought.

The Chancellor finished cleaning her desk and reached over, turning the phone off of mute.

“I gotta say I’m a bit surprised that you’re so suddenly offering something like this Consul Amin. I was under the impression that your forces were to secure the weapons yourselves. Nevertheless the offer that you propose is an interesting one; knowing that the world won’t be at threat due to belligerent use of nuclear weaponry is our priority here.” She paused and glanced over at the coffee-stained report of the weapons in Xathuecia. It had been on her mind. “But how exactly are we to know that you’re being faithful Amin? We don’t know what you have there in the silos; the Confreme didn’t tell us, so how can I be sure you aren’t just going to give us most of them and hide the rest? What assurance do we have?”

Aberstadd
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Aberstadd » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:52 am

Southern Edelreich Airspace
"Äber fleet one this is the command center do you copy."

"Yep, we hear you loud and clear."

"Great. We've just got your orders from Edelreich, you are to make way to Mancua Airspace. The coordi-"

"Mancua? Where's that?'

"As I was saying, the coorditates of their airfleets are 44.7 Longitude and 10.85 Latitude. You will be assisting in various strikes, bombings and air-to-air combats. Contact back when you have reached the area or are engaged by Xathuecian aircraft."

"Roger."

Round Table, Capitol Building, Aberstadd, Aberstadd

A skinney, black suited Äberstader sitting at the front of the round table, across directly from the Kanklijkmeester on the other end of the table, stood up, clasped his hands, and began to speak "As all of you know, Äberstadd recently sent out some of our military aircraft to assist in Xathuecia. As is obvious, the current Xathuecia 'government' has the capability of causing extreme damage to us if they ever were to begin launching attacks back towards the rest of Europe, and I need not say of their large nuclear capacity, some of which have blast radiuses larger than that of the entirety of Äberstadd. As such, it is vital that we make sure despite this we are able to keep peaceful relations between Äberstadd and Xathuecia."

Across the table, Kanklijkmeester Hendrika Aalbers spoke up "Correct me if I'm wrong but since the fleet is meant to help out the efforts of the Brits and Germans, who are engaged in active attacks, how would it be possible to have relations that are anything but hostile?"

"Well..." he paused in thought "We could send them a diplomatic message about the fact that we are sending peacekeeping fleets, and probably emphasise the peace part of that."

"But that would be a blatent lie, and if anything that would end up making the relations worse than if we say nothing."

"They don't know that, before we do anything Xathuecia will have no idea of our intentions and afterwards we could make the argument that at first that was their intention but there was an accidental confrontation and they couldn't communicate properly, or that Edelreich pressured us into following their orders."

"That still would just be further, blatent lying though."

"What other choice to we have? Not say anything and let them fester the idea of us randomly attacking in their minds? Tell them that our tiny country that has no business in this war has decided to attack them and get nuked out of existence by a single bomb? As long as we levrage this correctly we can end up with some slightly less than hostile relations with them, and thats about all we need. And as an added bonus we get some pluses with the Xathuecian crown for lying to Amin."

"Well, alright, fine, have someone send the message. But I was never here."

"Of course, that goes without saying."

Message to: Roman Republic of Xathuecia

The government of Äberstadd would like to formally inform you that multiple aircraft have been dispatched towards Xathuecia for peacekeeping operations, be aware our intentions are for peace and we do not in any way condemn your government and do hope that you have no plans for any form of retaliation, however small, to our peacekeeping operations.

Thank you.

Just outside of Mancua airspace

"Command this is Äber fleet one, we're just outside of the Mancua airspace you ordered us to fly over to."

"Great, we will inform Edelreich. In the meantime keep flying to your destination and try not to get spotted."

Message to: Edelreich Military

Our fleets have reached Mancua Airspace and as per your request are heading to the coordinates 44.7 Lon 10.85 Lat.

Thank you.

OOC: This post probably has a very large number of spelling errors from my lack of sleep, sorry about that

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:19 am

City Palace, Richtenräschen

Most of the palace was off-limits as the government officials prepared themselves for the announcement that Mathias was to make. The palace was largely deserted this time of the year, most of the walls barren as paintings and family heritages were taken back to the northern summer castle, the groundskeepers only working half-shifts to keep everything dusted and in shape. The Kaiser was supposed to give the address from his office, sitting behind his familiar desk where many similar ordeals were filmed. This of course concerned the keepers of the household who had already packed up and shipped most of the decor there, but through camera tricks and some quick in-post editing made the room still look like it hadn’t been stripped for parts yet.

The Kaiser sat at his desk while the aides were still getting the camera equipment ready, his Royal Secretary leaning against it and discussing some trivial matters.

“We still have the issue with Alcase,” Klein apathetically explained. The two of them were worn out after the week’s work, the Kaiser missing his family and her, well, dealing with constant paperwork was dull. “Bott’s going to represent us in Strasbourg, and he’s good so we can hope something nice comes out of that one.”

“But the Alcasians are a wildcard, no?”

“Maybe, but no more than the average ‘benevolent’ dictator. World’s seen the likes of them before, we know what moves to play. You know what moves to play.”

“Hopefully. You’re putting a lot of faith into my ability to decide if we should just toss out centuries of history and treachery by the French just to become friendly with the Alcasian state now.”

“Better a dictator than an Aeurian puppet no?”

“It’s always about Aeuria, isn’t it. Why don’t we ever look at things in our own eyes and think ‘what do we want?’” The Kaiser sighed. He knew he wasn’t getting a good response back that was not propagandized from her, so he turned his attention back to the workers. “Is this almost ready?”

A worker turned around quickly and nodded. “Uh, yes Your Majesty. We’re ready whenever you are.”

The Kaiser barely smiled and straightened up his tie while Klein stepped out of the frame. The speech he would give was intended for the European world and maybe the foreign world at that, but he realized that his own people would definately be watching to see how their Kaiser treated the world. Some of his household members also knew that and went about designing his appearance for the video, making him wear a tie and shirt only to give off the appearance that he had been working hard since the attacks in lower Edelreich. He had, Mathias remarked while the cameras came on; the ruler of the greatest nation in Europe took a rather relaxed response against Xathuecia, something he was unused to and had to justify with whatever evidence his ministry gave him, his own moral beliefs making him inclined to agree with the hard-right Fatherland Party’s aggressive response.

“Europeans… how accepting and welcoming of difference that word really is. Europe is a land of hundreds of languages and cultures, home to kingdoms, empires and republics. The land gave rise to some of the greatest individuals the world has ever seen, the great Charlemagne, my own grandfather who led our united coalition and even our historical rivals like Napoleon all left their marks on Europe. Our Europe; a land of history and culture that we can all enjoy, where the rights of the people are held in sacred protection by either republican constitutions or the general course of law and order. Today I speak not to we Germans, or to the French or the British - I’m here to speak to the Europeans who have governed this land.”

The Kaiser paused, looking down at the desk before continuing in his sober and courtly manner.

“It’s no secret that the Edelreich is involved in operations in Xathuecia. Or what we used to call Xathuecia before their nation was collapsed into rebellion. I dare not even say revolution because that word implies a better outcome than before. None of the rebel administrations can be trusted. General Amin, who betrayed his country under the guise of democracy and freedom, instead crowns himself a Consul and wishes to remake both himself and nation into an imaginary utopian Roman Republic. If only life were so simple Mr. Amin, that you could lay claim to a nation that didn't stand the test of time. I suppose if you lived here you then might consider yourself Charlemagne the Second. Unfortunately, this is the real world and not a game for you to play with innocent people's lives.”

He smirked, his language mocking the Consul and the Roman Republic that Xathuecia wished to form. He clearly found it laughable and held little, if any, respect for the man as he carried on.

“The Balkans have taken advantage of this crisis and have invaded from the east, hoping to reclaim their ethnic lands. I feel for them and their plight, but this is not the time to fight over injustices when a bigger stake is at play: Europe is on the brink of war. The forces of General Amin have been in the process of securing nuclear weaponry and have struck back against rebel and peacekeeper alike, resisting any notion of humanity to instead continue pushing their Consul into relevancy. It won’t happen, it can’t be allowed to happen. Europe as a whole can not allow this. Now is the time to unite for all our sakes; we must show the world what happens when you play a dangerous game that costs thousands their lives, whether Xathuecian or not. I ask that all nations of Europe contribute in some way to the peacekeeping and intervention forces already in Xathuecia, whether by funding or troops themselves. It’s time we put aside our petty ideological differences and instead unite under a banner of cooperation to protect those we love most.”

The speech closed out and the camera faded, the outro playing the imperial anthem with some of the world’s most famous paintings on the screen. The Kaiser stood and sighed, unsure if he had gained anything from it but knowing that the Edelreich finally took an official stance. It didn’t matter if you were declaring war like Carthage or ever so slightly intervening like Aberstadd, the culmination of all different approaches resulted in the same common solution for the Kaiser: Amin must go.

Field Base Vogt,
260 mi from Border

To: Brigadegeneral Vogt

Your concerns were noted and I personally approached His Majesty over them, although I fear that the situation and general dread that has come over him may have coloured his response more than usual. His Majesty understands your concerns and reciprocates them, but doesn’t know either what path we should progress down. As you said yourself, the world is watching to see how we and others play this, and not having a proper plan in order could be a detriment. Still, even you as a military man understands the difficulties of making a decision like this, all the work that goes into the approach we decide.

Occupation or prolonged intervention will be costly to us. Our economy is prepared for it and our military can handle any insurrection movement, true, but the cost of establishing a provisional government in Xathuecia will be our international reputation. We will be the subject of all ridicule and every single issue that Xathuecia has under a provisional or military authority would automatically be seen as our fault. Naturally His Majesty wished to relay that he, in his words, didn’t “care about those foreign bastards and their opinions” of him but the Chancellor’s cabinet is still paramount until he chooses to make a decision.

Now I understand your worries and complaints General Vogt. How can we be so quick to support intervention when we don’t have a concrete policy? I would instruct you to remember that this conflict has become a race, our forces against those of Carthage. We are allies but the influences of a syndicalist union society on our border can not be allowed to happen. We haven't forgotten 1932. General Amin and his government must fall to us less we face a repeat of history.

I know we don’t have a good policy. We don’t have one at all if you ask me General, the nobility in Xathuecia were crushed and we couldn’t stop it. The Balkan fighters are opportunists, the liberals compromising traitors and Amin a madman. We need to secure the land, but there’s nobody to secure it with. The future of Xathuecia is a dark and unknown one, but hopefully something good can come out of it.

All your current orders stand and I’m sure Minister Lindauer will be sending you more. Good luck Vogt, and remember that the Kaiser rewards well.

Harald A.

The General laid the message down on his planning table and sent the deliverer back to his duties around the field base. He had expected a non-response, but at least the Minister attempted to be sympathetic if not accidentally patronizing the Brigadegeneral who made considerable gains by himself in the intervention so far. He had absolutely crushed the liberal forces of the north and soon his men would be meeting Amin’s in the skies and fields. Already he heard reports of incidents in the air, especially Mancua, but with the nature of the Luftstreitkräfte he wouldn’t know much until the General of it decided he needed to.

Of course he had remembered the reinforcements from the border arrived today. They reached camp just a few hours ago and already some of the officers had convened for a short update with Vogt. He was outranked by superiority and seniority by some of them, the Generalmajor and his division coming to mind, although surprisingly Vogt’s forces weren’t temporarily placed under the Generalmajor’s control. It seemed High Command had other purposes for him, or they just didn’t want to bog down the new division with pacifying the locals.

The Generalmajor was an interesting one Vogt thought. He hadn’t really seen him around before at the officer meetings and dinners, but did recall him at a staff meeting for the Heer once. He was quiet and rather grim, keeping to himself and not really speaking the entire time. Here however Vogt could see right through him. The man’s name was Richard von Enneschau, a well-to-do aristocrat with some power above the Junkers. They owned quite a bit of old world wealth and before the unification of the German states, were a mighty power in the west where they were responsible for watching the Rhine. The family had a military legacy and a history of playing their cards right, siding with the Harstettzers in the German Unification War and reaping the benefits.

He walked into the field base around the same time the rest of the division arrived, riding in the front in a Enok all the way through the just to show himself first. He stood around the center for a time, dressed in his black leather trench coat and smoking. Yeah, that was him - the kind of noble who thought he was better than everyone else and had a family to keep in the spotlight. He didn’t even remove his hat the entire time in the camp, probably wanting everyone to know he was the Generalmajor and spoke little to Vogt during their quick meeting, really only caring about the protocols of the field base and if it could be moved quickly.

A peculiar question. The field base had just been moved recently with the capturing of the local cities as well as the 27th Regiment’s push into Mancua. The Heer were on the move there but potential first conflict with Amin’s forces cautioned their advances, wanting to instead play him into their hands first. They weren’t expected to advance for a while because of this, so he was unsure why the Generalmajor was so persistent in his inspection of the camp’s readiness.

TO: HIGH COMMAND

VOGT ASSURED ME THAT THE FIELD BASE OUTSIDE MANCUA WAS PREPARED TO MOVE WHEN NECESSARY. JUST TO BE SURE I TOOK MY OWN TIME TO INSPECT THE CAMP AND I AGREE WITH HIM. THE FIELD BASE IS READY TO MOVE AND VOGT ALREADY HAS HIS FORCES SURROUNDING MANCUA AND THE WESTERN HALF OF THE COUNTRY. THE FRONT THERE WILL NOT FAIL FROM MY INSPECTIONS. PERMISSION GRANTED?

VON ENNESCHAU

TO: GENERALMAJOR VON ENNESCHAU

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPORT. VOGT WILL BE COMMENDED FOR HIS CAREFUL PREPARATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE FIELD BASE. MINISTER LINDAUER LOOKED OVER THE OPERATION AND GAVE THE GREEN LIGHT FOR YOUR DEPLOYMENT. DO WHAT YOU MUST TO WIN THIS WAR.

HIGH COMMAND

TO: ALL OFFICERS OF 4TH DIVISION

THE TIME IS NOW. MOBILIZE YOUR FORCES AND FOLLOW THE OUTLINE OF OPERATION MERCURY AS WAS PROVIDED TO YOU. ALL FORCES ARE TO IGNORE MANCUA. BRIGADEGENERAL VOGT WILL HANDLE THAT FRONT. BEGIN THE MARCH SOUTH AND BRING THE KAISER HIS GLORY.

GENERALMAJOR VON ENNESCHAU

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents