NATION

PASSWORD

The Bluewell Conflict [OOC|MT|CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Sat May 28, 2016 2:15 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:
The Unified Isles wrote:So what´s everyones forces currently at Southcreek (In terms of Ground Forces ?)

I mention the preliminary plans here, but I don't know exactly where Phenyzia's forces are?

From what I can gather from his last post, the Sturmgrenadiers are mostly orientated towards the south. My plan neitherless was to lead a whole Isle´ish Division in a really stupid (?) counter charge to throw back the Phenizians. Pillow is south of the City and you are North, right ?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 28, 2016 2:18 am

Ausitoria sent in an Airborne Battalion to take Carina - I don't know whether there are any enemy units there? Phenyzia hasn't mentioned it.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Sat May 28, 2016 2:22 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Ausitoria sent in an Airborne Battalion to take Carina - I don't know whether there are any enemy units there? Phenyzia hasn't mentioned it.

Where exactly on the map is that ?

EDIT: Fuck it (Sorry for the swear words). I´m going to create a map with actual unit signs instead of lines and blocks. Can everyone please state what exactly they have got down there ?
Last edited by The Unified Isles on Sat May 28, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 28, 2016 2:47 am

F5 (if I add references to the map - we're using this map).

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Sat May 28, 2016 2:49 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:F5 (if I add references to the map - we're using this map).

I am aware of this. I just want to create a neat little overview map detailing where which forces are so it is easier.

Ah... Fuck it again.
Last edited by The Unified Isles on Sat May 28, 2016 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salderia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Salderia » Sat May 28, 2016 6:08 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Before this gets completely out of control, I should make two things clear:

1. I greatly doubt that Vikden was OOCly aware of your regional alliance, whereas ICly Vikden is an organized nation which would no doubt be well aware of the fact; therefore I am of the opinion that Vikden's movement into Tyrr could (and perhaps should) be retconned.
t?

Yeah, I did not know OOC'ly about your alliance. So, I will be willing to retcon Vikden's fleet there

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 28, 2016 6:44 am

Salderia wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Before this gets completely out of control, I should make two things clear:

1. I greatly doubt that Vikden was OOCly aware of your regional alliance, whereas ICly Vikden is an organized nation which would no doubt be well aware of the fact; therefore I am of the opinion that Vikden's movement into Tyrr could (and perhaps should) be retconned.
t?

Yeah, I did not know OOC'ly about your alliance. So, I will be willing to retcon Vikden's fleet there

Indeed - if you'd known, I strongly doubt you've have sent that fleet into such danger.

Salderia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Salderia » Sat May 28, 2016 7:02 am

Salderia wrote:

Indeed - if you'd known, I strongly doubt you've have sent that fleet into such danger.

Exactly

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 28, 2016 7:16 am

Indeed: which makes it completely unrealistic, and I personally don't do unrealistic (when it's clear what's unrealistic).

Well, if that's settled, I'll finish my post trying to work out who the gathering ships belong too, then?

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Sat May 28, 2016 9:08 am

2. Under no circumstances whatever am I going to continue an unplanned, out-of-control RP: if things are going to get out of hand, I would sooner retcon and ignore everything before we commit more time to the RP.

So, with those points in mind, what exactly are we looking at?

GWO and I are blowing his fleet out of the water, and then GWO goes away. Fact of the matter is Vikden pushed into Tyrr and into my home seas.

The other thing, he literally RORSATTed a fleet that I had specifically made to reduce chances of getting RORSATed without even a cursory explanation.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat May 28, 2016 9:14 am

Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:

2. Under no circumstances whatever am I going to continue an unplanned, out-of-control RP: if things are going to get out of hand, I would sooner retcon and ignore everything before we commit more time to the RP.

So, with those points in mind, what exactly are we looking at?

GWO and I are blowing his fleet out of the water, and then GWO goes away. Fact of the matter is Vikden pushed into Tyrr and into my home seas.

The other thing, he literally RORSATTed a fleet that I had specifically made to reduce chances of getting RORSATed without even a cursory explanation.

Salderia wrote:Yeah, I did not know OOC'ly about your alliance. So, I will be willing to retcon Vikden's fleet there

It appears to me that he made a rookie mistake with the whole RORSAT thing. Also, he did agree to Retconn his fleet being there. As far as I'm concerned, he has no fleet anywhere near your alliance, he has no knowledge of your slavers, and neither do the rest of us.
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Sat May 28, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Sat May 28, 2016 9:16 am

The Unified Isles wrote:So what´s everyones forces currently at Southcreek (In terms of Ground Forces ?)

I have 40 men on 4 stealthed Light Vehicles blending in with civilians and motorcycles heading through the civilian areas
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Sat May 28, 2016 9:16 am

New Roma Republic wrote:

It appears to me that he made a rookie mistake with the whole RORSAT thing. Also, he did agree to Retconn his fleet being there. As far as I'm concerned, he has no fleet anywhere near your alliance, he has no knowledge of your slavers, and neither do the rest of us.

Yeah, apologies, I didn't see there was a new page on the thread, so I made the post before I read it. My apologies.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat May 28, 2016 9:17 am

New Roma Republic wrote:

Yeah, apologies, I didn't see there was a new page on the thread, so I made the post before I read it. My apologies.

Haha, it's alright! I've done that once or twice myself :p
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Phenyzia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby Phenyzia » Sat May 28, 2016 9:46 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Ausitoria sent in an Airborne Battalion to take Carina - I don't know whether there are any enemy units there? Phenyzia hasn't mentioned it.

Well, opps, I must've missed that one. Sorry. Going to address that one in my next post then if you don't mind!
Founder and Leader of the League of Independent States
Observer of AFAASA

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Sat May 28, 2016 10:00 am

Phenyzia wrote:

Well, opps, I must've missed that one. Sorry. Going to address that one in my next post then if you don't mind!

Please also don´t forget the Isle´ish Division that is suicide charging from the West ^^ In terms of outcome, I find the idea that I mention in my post (12th Line Division is basically annihilated, the Phenyzians there are considerably weakend) okay. You want to do that ?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:The other thing, he literally RORSATTed a fleet that I had specifically made to reduce chances of getting RORSATed without even a cursory explanation.

Just regarding my upcoming post - what's Ralkovia's policy on drones/aerospacecraft/flying boats/USVs/etc. buzzing around their ships? Because Ausitoria is in the habit of buzzing the entire Ocean's surfaces beyond the EEZ limit (which is at most 20 trillion square kilometers by my estimation - which means Ausitoria has, 24/7/365, one "buzzer" every thousand kilometers, most of them scanning the ocean's surface at a few hundred kilometers per hour). So unless Ralkovia was taking exceptional measures, Ausitoria would probably have been able to track them from wherever they started from - which would (?) reveal that they were (mostly) Ralkovian?

Phenyzia wrote:

No worries. Would Phenyzia have got forces to Carina before Ausitoria's helicopter Brigade - i.e. would it have been one of the first place they'd have seized? If so do you mind if I post my attack before you respond to it? Ausitoria's style of "Air Assault" is rather unlike any other sort of Air Assault - basically Air Assault Brigades are Ausitoria's semi-special forces, and they take airmobility (including tanks) literally.

Phenyzia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Phenyzia » Sat May 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Phenyzia wrote:

No worries. Would Phenyzia have got forces to Carina before Ausitoria's helicopter Brigade - i.e. would it have been one of the first place they'd have seized? If so do you mind if I post my attack before you respond to it? Ausitoria's style of "Air Assault" is rather unlike any other sort of Air Assault - basically Air Assault Brigades are Ausitoria's semi-special forces, and they take airmobility (including tanks) literally.

Carina is pretty much near the frontlines so your air assault brigade would be landing right behind my troops and not far from Böhm's current HQ, which means your troops probably have to put up with mortar fire and snipers the moment their landing gets noticed.

The map Pillowlandia posted a few days ago pretty much shows thefrontline (purple) http://imgur.com/J9grZEJ
Observer of AFAASA

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Phenyzia wrote:

Carina is pretty much near the frontlines so your air assault brigade would be landing right behind my troops and not far from Böhm's current HQ, which means your troops probably have to put up with mortar fire and snipers the moment their landing gets noticed.

The map Pillowlandia posted a few days ago pretty much shows thefrontline (purple) http://imgur.com/J9grZEJ

That map can't possibly be accurate - it would imply that Phenyzian forces had managed to walk 20 km through a defended city filled with snipers within a few hours; and that isn't even including anything about defending reinforcements. For instance my post indicates that Ausitorians would expect to reach Red Hill/Paddington and Yeron/Annerly long before anybody made their way up from the coast - after all, the Ausitorian forces are flown in, which is a rather quick way to travel.

However, is the map accurate about where the Phenyzian forces are trying to advance? Is each arrow about a Brigade in strength? If so we can fight out each mini-battle.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sat May 28, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phenyzia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Phenyzia » Sat May 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Phenyzia wrote:

That map can't possibly be accurate - it would imply that Phenyzian forces had managed to walk 20 km through a defended city filled with snipers within a few hours; and that isn't even including anything about defending reinforcements. For instance my post indicates that Ausitorians would expect to reach Red Hill/Paddington and Yeron/Annerly long before anybody made their way up from the coast - after all, the Ausitorian forces are flown in, which is a rather quick way to travel.

However, is the map accurate about where the Phenyzian forces are trying to advance? Is each arrow about a Brigade in strength? If so we can fight out each mini-battle.

From what I understood from Pillowlandia's post the local troops didn't really put up any notable resistance initially allowing my troops to just push ahead without much trouble until now. I could be wrong though.
Observer of AFAASA

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Sat May 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Uhm... because you didn´t reply... Art thou aware of my last post ?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Phenyzia wrote:From what I understood from Pillowlandia's post the local troops didn't really put up any notable resistance initially allowing my troops to just push ahead without much trouble until now. I could be wrong though.

But there are far more than just local forces to worry about. For instance, Ausitoria would be skirmishing from the lines marked on this map; and their forces would have arrived from half an hour after the Phenyzians landed. (300 km to travel, divided by a respectable flying speed).

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Sat May 28, 2016 3:25 pm

to clarify, yes the city put little resistance up, to the point that the only real resistance is small pockets of buildings, mainly local police stations, which have limited men and munitions to resist. As far as I understand it they have advanced roughly to just short of the purple lines as those are the defensive lines, and each arrow is meant more to just show the pressure kinda as I didn't know how he wanted to arrange his forces.

Even arriving 30 miniutes later would make only a mild difference, the city, much like Kach, had almost no resistance. They would have been able to have walked across the city before any real resistance would have been able to arranged.

Plus, simply pinning him in the city is a little boring. This allows for a little more breakout. After all we do have a few weeks ICly (from my understanding) before any more additional enemy forces really arrive in force.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Pillowlandia wrote:to clarify, yes the city put little resistance up, to the point that the only real resistance is small pockets of buildings, mainly local police stations, which have limited men and munitions to resist. As far as I understand it they have advanced roughly to just short of the purple lines as those are the defensive lines, and each arrow is meant more to just show the pressure kinda as I didn't know how he wanted to arrange his forces.

Even arriving 30 miniutes later would make only a mild difference, the city, much like Kach, had almost no resistance. They would have been able to have walked across the city before any real resistance would have been able to arranged.

Walking takes time, and driving is impossible in any modern city being invaded, except through parks - at least until the civilians have got out of the way. The point is that there's no way the Phenyzians could travel that far inland in the limited time available, even if they ran all the way.

(In addition, I don't know why you think there'd be only police around. Since the city is surrounded by military barracks/camps there'd be plenty of conventional local defence forces available, quite able to scatter snipers around).

Anyway, Phenyzia, could you please give me some idea of the disposition of forces about thirty minutes into the fighting? Then I'll be able to describe the Ausitorian skirmishing.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Sat May 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:The other thing, he literally RORSATTed a fleet that I had specifically made to reduce chances of getting RORSATed without even a cursory explanation.

Just regarding my upcoming post - what's Ralkovia's policy on drones/aerospacecraft/flying boats/USVs/etc. buzzing around their ships? Because Ausitoria is in the habit of buzzing the entire Ocean's surfaces beyond the EEZ limit (which is at most 20 trillion square kilometers by my estimation - which means Ausitoria has, 24/7/365, one "buzzer" every thousand kilometers, most of them scanning the ocean's surface at a few hundred kilometers per hour). So unless Ralkovia was taking exceptional measures, Ausitoria would probably have been able to track them from wherever they started from - which would (?) reveal that they were (mostly) Ralkovian?

Phenyzia wrote:

Ralkovia would most certainly shoot them down, even those outside it's EEZ. Tyrrhenia would definitely be a black hole as well, and most other regions would shoot down foreign drones monitoring it's Oceans as no one would like any nation having a spy apparatus hanging in or around it's regional waters. Our region, which is connected to Gholgoth and Varathor and others would be an area of some 200 billion square miles or some such odd area, comprised of a few hundred nations. You would have a lot of gaps in these areas, which would put you no closer to identifying the Ralkovian ships by origin.

Further still though, Ralkovia continues to operate a vast colonial Empire and has built thousands of naval bases along it's trade routes, many of which remain at least obscured in knowledge of ownership. Ralkovia largely has an exceptional interest in hiding it's assets from the view of other nations. Open awareness of ownership only makes it a target for anti-slavers. So Ralkovia, intentionally does things the hard way, by necessity. Now that's not to say you wouldn't have global knowledge of Ralkovian bases and a large number of ships, Ralkovia can't hide it's massive colonies so easily or the ships that leave it's ports everyday, however Ralkovia operates many hidden bases for security reasons or for others. The Madness for example was assigned to the middle of nowhere, solely for political reasons.

I'd say, you'd likely still have a relatively difficult time identifying them as Ralkovian and further still deciphering intent. They're currently not moving towards the island, and they have remained separate elements. If three frigates, a carrier group, a fleet of arsenal ships, transports and escorts, another carrier group, additional transports, etc. all separately sailing and flagged as belonging to different nations thousands of miles away get your attention, then you're surveillance apparatus is likely going to have a massive budget and still be overworked.

I'd say, your drone plan would at least alert you to the existence of these separate elements, but definitely not their intentions or allegiance.

And of course that wouldn't count the number of stealthed ships that I'd have.
Last edited by Ralkovian Grand Island on Sat May 28, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents