NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout Post-Apocalypse (OOC/Signup)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:14 am

Interesting
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

United Daene Peoples
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Daene Peoples » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:08 am

Rannoria wrote:
Bahtar wrote:Not just that, the whole reason we're in a post apocalypse is because we ran out of oil and only have a few spread around the world!

Yeah!

The world kinda ended because America and China launched the first nukes while fighting over Alaska, which I control the northern sector of. Which produces 17 million barrels of oil a day in IRL while I'm siphoning about 100 or 50 a day for the pipes and some production that I haven't deided on. WIth most of my navy being pulled along by tugboats over shallow seas along coasts with modified nuclear ships that are self sufficient for years with minor refueling any where from 4 to 25 to 80 years. Mine are good for 10 and that's why I've moved to Australia and Chile and why I've made posts on sustainable energy.

The Imperium Empires
The problem with starting in a bunker is that is more character rather than nation focused. As being trapped in a small section of terrtory as a single person prevents your from being able to micromanage or controll large territories without having hundreds of other characters and supporting roles. Which in turn means you'll never have as much contact with others which makes things more like a book and less of an interactive experience. If you want to do that it's best to select some territory and post it all on the Multiverse starting in a single country or region.

This is why the fallout games haven't ever let you cross into Mexico, Canada, or travel to Africa. But it's all your choice.
I sexually identify as a self-propelled artillery. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of rolling over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person becoming a 240mm gun on traks is impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm a having a mechanic install deplated uranium plans, 30mm coaxial machine guns, and a 240mm gun on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Tyulpan" and respect my right to kill from far away and kill on command. If you can't accept me you are a tankphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:41 am

United Daene Peoples wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Yeah!

The world kinda ended because America and China launched the first nukes while fighting over Alaska, which I control the northern sector of. Which produces 17 million barrels of oil a day in IRL while I'm siphoning about 100 or 50 a day for the pipes and some production that I haven't deided on. WIth most of my navy being pulled along by tugboats over shallow seas along coasts with modified nuclear ships that are self sufficient for years with minor refueling any where from 4 to 25 to 80 years. Mine are good for 10 and that's why I've moved to Australia and Chile and why I've made posts on sustainable energy.

The Imperium Empires
The problem with starting in a bunker is that is more character rather than nation focused. As being trapped in a small section of terrtory as a single person prevents your from being able to micromanage or controll large territories without having hundreds of other characters and supporting roles. Which in turn means you'll never have as much contact with others which makes things more like a book and less of an interactive experience. If you want to do that it's best to select some territory and post it all on the Multiverse starting in a single country or region.

This is why the fallout games haven't ever let you cross into Mexico, Canada, or travel to Africa. But it's all your choice.

Microma-
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!
When has that been in this RP.
As far as I'm concerned, you just took land like.
"Oh, so we kill those deadly mutants, yeah, then we take, like, the entire NYC or something. Oh yeah, also Quebec... and Greenland."
My my.

United Daene Peoples
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Daene Peoples » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Rannoria wrote:Microma-
"Oh, so we kill those deadly mutants, yeah, then we take, like, the entire NYC or something. Oh yeah, also Quebec... and Greenland."
My my.

I don't really see how my pervious reponse was a IC in anyway. I was explaining Fallout lore and kinda how things would work out if we were using modern (2016) tech. My reply to Imperium was of his plan to do a more character focused RP and some of the struggles that may arise.

As for my gaining territory. It's again a alliance not a singular group. Heck because Principalities is in the council he's in control of my fleet in the middle-east, which I talked to him about in private. It's like NATO, SEATO, AU, EU, and the League of Nations people joined because it's a group with a groupy name. I made my Unted Daene Alliance reflective of early League of Nations and the UN. Basically it scoops up small groups and swallows them in a system that they have say in without any hassle. They then easily invest themselves subconciously while believing they have the ability to leave. Likewise every capture of territory I've made clear of my intentions in one post, waited approxiamately for a response, and then signed them up of council membership..

-Imaginative demostration
Seriously imagine that your irl neighborhood has been surrounded by ice and radioactive storms. With food low, water purfication facilities, and other machinary all badly damaged, then suddenly from the fog a small fleet of ships with guns apper. They offer food, jobs, travel, trade, and will loan equipment and machnary. All you have to do is sign X four times on a piece of paper and you, your family, your neighbors, and your friends are in. It's all meant to sound like 'an offer you can't refuse' that forces people to work and be productive in a mix of mafia and communism.
-Informal demonstration
Look at it like the advancement of Native American tribal culture. A typical clan of fewer than 50 familys which can form into a tribe ranging between 2 or 4 clans. However this changes when the pressure is applied ie. Europeans or Nuclear warfare. Then these tribes growing scooping up any clans that are even remotely related for shows of power and territorial control. These tribes then ally with tribes they would have just gone to war with one another now befriend each other forming a confederacy. A confederacy can then evetually expand into a region and then transform into a country or nation if they are related by ethnics or race.
My nation is a nation of peoples already and reaquirred the territory based off the ethnic identity, race, and perivous relations. Polaris, Resolute, and the other northern canadian islands are closed off islands that shared a ethnic identity with me as well as having pervious interactions as neighbors. Greenland also has a large native Inuit population that is ethinically similar to my nation along with a shared language. The same systems are applied to the South Pacific Islands there were some already tied to the Daene Alliance perviously and from there many were of the same race and religion.
I sexually identify as a self-propelled artillery. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of rolling over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person becoming a 240mm gun on traks is impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm a having a mechanic install deplated uranium plans, 30mm coaxial machine guns, and a 240mm gun on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Tyulpan" and respect my right to kill from far away and kill on command. If you can't accept me you are a tankphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:07 am

United Daene Peoples wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Microma-
My my.

I don't really see how my pervious reponse was a IC in anyway. I was explaining Fallout lore and kinda how things would work out if we were using modern (2016) tech. My reply to Imperium was of his plan to do a more character focused RP and some of the struggles that may arise.

As for my gaining territory. It's again a alliance not a singular group. Heck because Principalities is in the council he's in control of my fleet in the middle-east, which I talked to him about in private. It's like NATO, SEATO, AU, EU, and the League of Nations people joined because it's a group with a groupy name. I made my Unted Daene Alliance reflective of early League of Nations and the UN. Basically it scoops up small groups and swallows them in a system that they have say in without any hassle. They then easily invest themselves subconciously while believing they have the ability to leave. Likewise every capture of territory I've made clear of my intentions in one post, waited approxiamately for a response, and then signed them up of council membership..

-Imaginative demostration
Seriously imagine that your irl neighborhood has been surrounded by ice and radioactive storms. With food low, water purfication facilities, and other machinary all badly damaged, then suddenly from the fog a small fleet of ships with guns apper. They offer food, jobs, travel, trade, and will loan equipment and machnary. All you have to do is sign X four times on a piece of paper and you, your family, your neighbors, and your friends are in. It's all meant to sound like 'an offer you can't refuse' that forces people to work and be productive in a mix of mafia and communism.
-Informal demonstration
Look at it like the advancement of Native American tribal culture. A typical clan of fewer than 50 familys which can form into a tribe ranging between 2 or 4 clans. However this changes when the pressure is applied ie. Europeans or Nuclear warfare. Then these tribes growing scooping up any clans that are even remotely related for shows of power and territorial control. These tribes then ally with tribes they would have just gone to war with one another now befriend each other forming a confederacy. A confederacy can then evetually expand into a region and then transform into a country or nation if they are related by ethnics or race.
My nation is a nation of peoples already and reaquirred the territory based off the ethnic identity, race, and perivous relations. Polaris, Resolute, and the other northern canadian islands are closed off islands that shared a ethnic identity with me as well as having pervious interactions as neighbors. Greenland also has a large native Inuit population that is ethinically similar to my nation along with a shared language. The same systems are applied to the South Pacific Islands there were some already tied to the Daene Alliance perviously and from there many were of the same race and religion.

I'm not targeting you specifically.
The problem was with this RP was that everyone was so advanced in such a short period of time.
So, when it took me IC months to retake Ulaanbataar, it took other people months to take an American state, and according to Fallout lore, the more East you go, the stronger the mutants get.
I'm just saying that some people just somewhat godmodded their way through this RP and found no more interest due to... dunno.

United Daene Peoples
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Daene Peoples » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:35 am

Again it's the problem of letting settlements exist around the world. If you wanted a bunch of slow growing settlements it's better to set up in a single country. Otherwise the expansion would be that of a national growth rather than personal growth. A better way of explaining this is if you had a bunch of farmers in a plot of land but they only have a few seeds and no tools and hope that'll limit their growth. Eventually everyone is gonna till soil they don't have seeds for or inflate the amount of seeds they had by planting grass and claiming it to be farm land.

It's kinda what people do and how people would have reacted without as many rules or experience with the lore. Even when looking at fallout lore we know nothing about how China, Russia, all of Africa, Alaska, Canada, or Mexico are doing. Especially when no prior rules were set up around these localtions.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:38 am

Why won't fallout ever mention Australia. I'd laugh if the worlds all in shit and Australia is just doing fine.
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

United Daene Peoples
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Daene Peoples » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:47 am

Last edited by United Daene Peoples on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:50 am

It's so true and us Aussies just like WTF mate
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

United Daene Peoples
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Daene Peoples » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:53 am

The Imperium Empires wrote:It's so true and us Aussies just like WTF mate

Do you guys actually have problems with Emus and Kangaroos there. I mean I've seen Elk and Deer tear my shit up and smash a few cars but how much of a problem animal are they where you live?

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 am

Not really well farmers have the occasional problem with kangaroos but besides that no not really.

Minor Principalities
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Minor Principalities » Mon May 02, 2016 7:51 pm

I proclaim this thread to have been killed :unsure:
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

A confederacy of city states between Andorra, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, and Monaco.

Foreign Legion Embassy Program Bank

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Mon May 02, 2016 10:02 pm

It was fun while it lasted. Good RP guys. Perhaps we'll end up in another one together. RIP Republic of Kansas lol

Regents
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Regents » Tue May 03, 2016 8:17 am

I'm gonna have to leave the RP. Rip Poland
Pro: LGBT Rights, Equality, Political and Civil Freedoms, Inclusivity
Anti: Trump, Slavery, Racism, Fascism/Nazism, Authoritarianism, Dictatorships

Economic Left/Right: -2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77

Full Member of the International Space Agency

Previous