NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: Things to do in Caracasus before you die (MT/PMT/Dip)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:44 am

Flauc wrote:
Caracasus wrote:
He doesn't have to have been killed by his own military. It'd be even weirder if Caracasus and Flaucian militaries are denying involvement because they genuinely don't know what the hell happened.

Or it could be Marela just using the chance to use Caracasus as a scapegoat, or he just doesn't know and won't believe what Caracasus says?

Hmm, but I feel bad for kinda changing canon or RP bits, it's like I'm going back on promises or something..

I say keep the missile thing. Other people have referred to it now, and that can't be changed. Have it as a missile fired by another (as yet unknown) group. Hell, you could even have Maezawa survive if you wanted to. Perhaps he had a similar "escape pod" to Jarthos?

You realize as well Flauc that if you started a border war with Caracasus, taht would be absolutely not something you could go back and re-write. That'd have to stay as happened.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Flauc
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:48 am

Caracasus wrote:
Flauc wrote:
Or it could be Marela just using the chance to use Caracasus as a scapegoat, or he just doesn't know and won't believe what Caracasus says?

Hmm, but I feel bad for kinda changing canon or RP bits, it's like I'm going back on promises or something..

I say keep the missile thing. Other people have referred to it now, and that can't be changed. Have it as a missile fired by another (as yet unknown) group. Hell, you could even have Maezawa survive if you wanted to. Perhaps he had a similar "escape pod" to Jarthos?

You realize as well Flauc that if you started a border war with Caracasus, taht would be absolutely not something you could go back and re-write. That'd have to stay as happened.

OK I will. No escape pod though.

No I wont change that lol.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:51 am

Flauc wrote:
Caracasus wrote:
He doesn't have to have been killed by his own military. It'd be even weirder if Caracasus and Flaucian militaries are denying involvement because they genuinely don't know what the hell happened.

I still haven't said where the missile that shot down Borris' helicopter came from.

People seem to be fine with mystery....

Wait...

I was going to say mysteries can be fun, but then I thought.

What if both were done by the men in grey?

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:57 am

Or Communist insurgents!
Or.. Coup'ers.
Or an angry spouse, lol.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:06 am

Significance wrote:
Flauc wrote:

I still haven't said where the missile that shot down Borris' helicopter came from.

People seem to be fine with mystery....

Wait...

I was going to say mysteries can be fun, but then I thought.

What if both were done by the men in grey?

The Men in Grey and Talon fit the bill.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:41 am

I decided to make things even more interesting, since I might as well if I'm to fall to peer pressure & curiousity. :P
Last edited by Tekeristan on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Watersville, you don't have to change your post ok. I wrote mine before you'd posted yours then saw it as I posted.

So what will happen is they will find the delegate has gone, then I go from there. Just thought I'd let you know.

Victores
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Victores » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:09 pm

I got TG'ed or something, I was in this RP early on but withdrew. Could someone fill me in. Haven't been on NS for 2 weeks.
AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN

Watersville
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Victores wrote:I got TG'ed or something, I was in this RP early on but withdrew. Could someone fill me in. Haven't been on NS for 2 weeks.

I guess it depends... What was the last thing that you read?
-His Royal Highness Joseph A. Watters, King of Watersville
-President elect Ruby McClaw of the Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville
The Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:36 pm

There would be a lot to tell you.. I could give a TL;DR if I were on PC, but I am not.

What do you remember?
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:14 am

Caracasus, how did you "see" my drones? You didn't RP any detection..
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:20 am

Flauc wrote:Caracasus, how did you "see" my drones? You didn't RP any detection..

It's a heavily fortified border between two nations that have... shaky relations. I think we can safely assume that there's enough listening posts on both sides of the border to hear a mouse fart.

EDIT: I am assuming you wish to be thorough - in which case you have used many drones, increasing the odds of detection. If you'd rather be very, very cautious, then it'd be possible that your drones could go undetected - possibly. Though of course you'd have a lot less information and it'd take a lot longer to get it.
Last edited by Caracasus on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:58 am

You haven't given most important elements of data - such as your ORBAT.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:02 am

Flauc wrote:You haven't given most important elements of data - such as your ORBAT.

Well, you have what you'd realistically know following a recon mission - you note that the Karthos Soviet didn't publish an Orbat.

If you request an Orbat I can provide one, however this will take time as it's not my strong suit.

Basically - you should know the following after the recon.

Any control over the border comes from Hepp Pass Fortress.

There is a tunnel network that may well contain supplies, soldiers etc.

There are significant amounts of listening posts.

There are many missile silos and anti-air platforms.

There are troops and supplies mobilizing in the area.

EDIT: Essentially you should be getting the idea that this isn't Karthos. You're simply not going to be able to gain any ground here without expending an awful lot of manpower, soldiers, equipment and lives. It's a defended border in the mountains patrolled by Caracasusian armed forces - whilst Caracasus is not aggressively militaristic, they're not going to be a pushover by any stretch of the imagination.

In addition, a surprise attack is simply impossible in the numbers needed to secure the fortress and make any headway in the invasion. It's the border between Caracasus and a nation that has all but openly declared war - it is prepared for an attack.

Do not mistake Caracasus's desire for peace and multilateral agreements as a sign that it has no armed forces, or a particularly weak army. You're the aggressor, and you're attacking mountains. You can't really use the element of surprise. The odds are very firmly in the favour of the defenders in this situation - if anyone else can show me an alternative interpretation I will of course be happy to consider it, but I cannot see one.
Last edited by Caracasus on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:13 am

Caracasus wrote:
Flauc wrote:You haven't given most important elements of data - such as your ORBAT.

Well, you have what you'd realistically know following a recon mission - you note that the Karthos Soviet didn't publish an Orbat.

If you request an Orbat I can provide one, however this will take time as it's not my strong suit.

Basically - you should know the following after the recon.

Any control over the border comes from Hepp Pass Fortress.

There is a tunnel network that may well contain supplies, soldiers etc.

There are significant amounts of listening posts.

There are many missile silos and anti-air platforms.

There are troops and supplies mobilizing in the area.

ORBAT is the location (I guess) and amount of troops/ equipment (tanks etc).

I could get home and send you a picture of the Flaucese border. No idea where the Hepp pass would be and why it would be very important though, since DoW doesn't know this - probably.

You gave me an ORBATish for Karthos. You told me amount of soldiers and some equipment.

I didn't get much for Karthos because I didn't conduct aerial recon etc due to threats of being shot down.

I did not send swarms.. I sent maybe two or 5 or a bit more at a time, and let's not forget the border is huge.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:23 am

Card, when can you finish up the investigation thingy?

I do wish to move on with myself. It is holding me back a decent bit. :/

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:19 am

So any new slice-of-life from the former Parsohian president in Tekeri?
Would be an interesting perspective..

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 am

Flauc, you still haven't given me an answer to my question.

Do you have an uninhabited islands in your countries borders?

It's crucial I know this otherwise I'll have to make a naval landing when this goes south and that's likely too aggressive for the situation of border wars.

Watersville
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:50 am

Significance wrote:Flauc, you still haven't given me an answer to my question.

It's crucial I know this otherwise I'll have to make a naval landing when this goes south and that's likely too aggressive for the situation of border wars.

A naval landing? Are you going to attack Fluac should war break out between them and Caracsus? I really just don't want to see a war break out here.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:54 am

Watersville wrote:
Significance wrote:Flauc, you still haven't given me an answer to my question.

A naval landing? Are you going to attack Fluac should war break out between them and Caracsus? I really just don't want to see a war break out here.

The naval landing along the coast is a last resort.

What I really want is to take any uninhabited islands he has should a border war break out as although the land is worthless, it makes a point of whatever he does we will do back so back off or face the consequences.

Watersville
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:00 am

Significance wrote:
Watersville wrote:

What I really want is to take any uninhabited islands he has should a border war break out as although the land is worthless, it makes a point of whatever he does we will do back so back off or face the consequences.

Yes, but if taken the wrong way, this could escalate to a total war. You have to remember that Flauc feels threatened, and if another nation attacks them, this could cause them to feel like they need to lash out in retaliation. I just don't know if this is the correct route to take.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:01 am

Teker just going to defend her coasts. :?

Watersville
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:02 am

Tekeristan wrote:Teker just going to defend her coasts. :?

Well, Watersville will likely watch with concern and would like try to help the civilians as usual.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:05 am

Watersville wrote:
Tekeristan wrote:Teker just going to defend her coasts. :?

Well, Watersville will likely watch with concern and would like try to help the civilians as usual.

Don't take the death of Watersville volunteer pilots as any offense, should war occur, heheh.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:07 am

Watersville wrote:
Significance wrote:

Yes, but if taken the wrong way, this could escalate to a total war. You have to remember that Flauc feels threatened, and if another nation attacks them, this could cause them to feel like they need to lash out in retaliation. I just don't know if this is the correct route to take.

Probably not. I think we all don't want a major war but with Penny and Harry busy, Legion has free reign thanks to Barton.

Legion is a no nonsense kind of guy and if Flauc postures, he will posture too. Should total war break out however, this isn't my expeditionary force we are talking about, this is a proper army with top notch equipment that for the most part can take a beating. They're much slower but it means in this war I'll take a lot more damage before dying.

I'm sorry but blood will be spilt if this escalates, but I'm ready for that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents