NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: Things to do in Caracasus before you die (MT/PMT/Dip)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Your confusing IC with OOC Flauc.

Significance as a nation who isn't run by a mad man wouldn't dream have a full scale war with you.

Talon doesn't care as long as it's goal is achieved, and as terrorists hide in the shadows.

Out of character, I think a lot of people would be happy if everything didn't go your way. Especially as it forces the current stalemate we have.

Flauc
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Significance wrote:Your confusing IC with OOC Flauc.

Significance as a nation who isn't run by a mad man wouldn't dream have a full scale war with you.

Talon doesn't care as long as it's goal is achieved, and as terrorists hide in the shadows.

Out of character, I think a lot of people would be happy if everything didn't go your way. Especially as it forces the current stalemate we have.

If Talon's goal is to take power, why is he going off killing Alvarez and making enemies? If he wouldn't have randomly killed Watersvillan aid workers, he would probably get the help he wanted.

Well, I am not against killing Alvarez, but you must ask Menthi if you can kill him beforehand.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:13 pm

So, Caracasus, mind telling me what's going to... Well.. Happen? :/
I'm left with a lot of uncertainty here.

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Is Smith dead now? I mean without addressing the crowd? Or the Smith Impostor, or whoever he was?

Watersville
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Balagan wrote:Is Smith dead now? I mean without addressing the crowd? Or the Smith Impostor, or whoever he was?

Yes, the Smith imposter is now dead.
-His Royal Highness Joseph A. Watters, King of Watersville
-President elect Ruby McClaw of the Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville
The Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 pm

That was a very short appearance.

Neu Gibraltar
Secretary

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Gibraltar » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Balagan wrote:That was a very short appearance.

Assume Flauc guards killed him for the attack on Watersville.

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:50 pm

Neu Gibraltar wrote:
Balagan wrote:That was a very short appearance.

That's okay. Talon does not look like a good investment. They are even stranger than Carosi.

Neu Gibraltar
Secretary

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Gibraltar » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Balagan wrote:
Neu Gibraltar wrote:

That's okay. Talon does not look like a good investment. They are even stranger than Carosi.

Then I noticed I was using this nation rather than Significance. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:23 am

Tekeristan wrote:So, Caracasus, mind telling me what's going to... Well.. Happen? :/
I'm left with a lot of uncertainty here.

I am hoping that people can remember to post questions, comments and corrections about others' posts here.

I agree that yes, Tekeristan should have a last word on his people and his nation as long as this is reasonable. If Tekeristan states that everybody is up in arms and ready to slaughter the investigators, without at least giving us an opposing opinion (there are many in Tekeristan who might welcome the investigators - after all they're removing the remnents of the old regime) then I can see why people would challenge this.

It should also be pretty clear that Cardulan's posts from their investigators are tinged with propoganda and bias. This must be taken into account - you're reacting to arrests based on evidence that Cardulan has gathered as if Cardulan's locked up your entire government. This isn't the case. Again, ask for clarification here first please.

However, if people have problems with others' posts POST THEM HERE FIRST!!! It is what the OOC is for, and it saves my poor Telegram Inbox.

I hope this sorts things out.

EDIT: Okay, Dogs of War has kindly put together some graphics that we could all use - so thanks for that! They're bloody good.

http://imgur.com/a/uBJOZ

EDIT EDIT: Significance. If you decide to go through with your plan to assassinate Alvarez, the following will occur:

I have worked out on the back of a fag paper carefully tabulated various factors including Talon's competency, Alvarez's security and paranoia etc. and come up with a dice roll to determine your success.

12 sided die:

1-4 Critical failure. The Talon agent is captured and a lot of classified information falls into Alvarez's hands regarding the attempt.

5-6 Failure. The agent is killed, and Alvarez may learn plenty from their body etc.

7-9 - Success! Alvarez is gravely wounded and will be in hospital for some time.

10-12 - Success! Alvarez is killed outright.

Sound fair?
Last edited by Caracasus on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:54 am

Caracasus wrote:EDIT EDIT: Significance. If you decide to go through with your plan to assassinate Alvarez, the following will occur:

I have worked out on the back of a fag paper carefully tabulated various factors including Talon's competency, Alvarez's security and paranoia etc. and come up with a dice roll to determine your success.

12 sided die:

1-4 Critical failure. The Talon agent is captured and a lot of classified information falls into Alvarez's hands regarding the attempt.

5-6 Failure. The agent is killed, and Alvarez may learn plenty from their body etc.

7-9 - Success! Alvarez is gravely wounded and will be in hospital for some time.

10-12 - Success! Alvarez is killed outright.

Sound fair?

Fair enough. Except the agents would never let themselves be captured. Each agent has a cyanide pill to stop themselves being captured. Alter the dice how you like with that information.

Also I had a second funnier idea for capture if your feeling brave. I say funnier because, well I'll call him master as of now, would find it hilarious that they fell for it, in reality it's pretty dark:

Upon capture, the agent is taken to see Alvarez, basically to allow Alvarez to gloat. But the agent is laden with hidden explosives (I'm sure you know what I mean Caracasus), and detonates them next to Alvarez.

Now that last part as mentioned is more of a dream I'd like to see happen, but the top part about the cyanide pill must be true, and I hope Caracasus is ok with that.

Oh, and we still need to discuss when I should kill Borris to Talon. Personally I want it after meeting the Bull but this can be discussed.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:04 am

Caracasus wrote:snip

What is the last one for?

Thanks Dogs of War for the.. coat of arms I guess?
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:14 am

How goes the Carosian Plague?

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:15 am

Tekeristan wrote:How goes the Carosian Plague?

It's eradicated in Malsti due to quaruntine procedures.

It still effects many living in Karthos.

It's more or less gone from Peni.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:26 am

Tekeristan's time may be coming to a close, depending on what happens these next few days..
Last edited by Tekeristan on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:07 am

Due to the complete dismantling of the Tekeristan government, the situation is entirely in control of Caracasus, Cardulan, and whomever has their head in I suppose. :/

So.. I guess it is just time to watch things. Tossing in the hat, if you will. At least until things are.. Well.. Ripe again.
Since Tekeristan was my only entity, and that entity is now gone, it pretty much means I am leaving the game till it is feasible for me to do anything again.

So.. Uh.. Till then, if ever then.. o/
I need it anyway..

Just TG me any questions.. Or just make it up - seems to be what happens anyway.

EDIT
All ambassadors will be returned, all investigations ceased, etc.

I give my apologizes & thanks to Caracasus..

EDIT -

I am currently rebounding hard from the stress that put me into something similar of a hopeless depression.
I am going to re-talk this situation with Caracasus & prepare. Things are changing.
I reserve the right to have the oppertunity to respond.
Last edited by Tekeristan on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:48 pm

Balagan, what naval elements do you have directly in the black sea?
If I remember telegrams correctly, you last said you had no real naval presence in the black. But it is best to make sure.
Tekeristan has extensively searched what it could of the black, and been keeping a strong eye on the Bosporus & the other straits.
Last edited by Tekeristan on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:48 pm

That depends mostly on my geographical location. If the Black Sea is part of Balagan I need enough ships to crush Russia. If I am located some where else there might be a few ships paying a visit to our friend Erdogan.

I don't like the idea of using a real world map much because the nations in Nationstates would have had a significant impact on the history of the world and their borders. I would prefer Caracasus' system of "close", "far","neighbor" or something like that. As so many players in this RP seem to prefer a real world map I don't mind taking the location of Turkey, Iran and a few others. The history of Balagan would be completely different from the history of those nations.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:49 pm

I'm.. Pretty much the only one established in real world states, I think. O.o

Significance & Flauc are established somewhere in or by the asian region, if we're to fiddle things. But I just imagine dimensional portals at this rate. :x

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Flauc is more or less Korea I think.

Watersville
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Tekeristan wrote:I'm.. Pretty much the only one established in real world states, I think. O.o

Significance & Flauc are established somewhere in or by the asian region, if we're to fiddle things. But I just imagine dimensional portals at this rate. :x

From what I could tell on his fact books, Significance is located somewhere between New Zealand and South America
-His Royal Highness Joseph A. Watters, King of Watersville
-President elect Ruby McClaw of the Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville
The Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Is your full alliance with Cardulan a public one? (Pretty sure they have to be my law.. Although don't quote. O.o (

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:58 pm

No, I don't think so. We are a bit secret about all things military. That does not mean that it is not publicly known. There are enough spies everywhere.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:12 am

Tekeristan wrote:I'm.. Pretty much the only one established in real world states, I think. O.o

Flauc is composed of a few islands located in the middle in the Pacific Ocean or between New Aeyariss and Flardania. I hear that New Aeyariss is somewhere closer to the middle of the Pacific..? Well, point is I am in the Pacific Ocean.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:42 am

Significance, I'm leaving it up to you whether or not the attempt on Keynes was by Talon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents