NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: Things to do in Caracasus before you die (MT/PMT/Dip)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flauc
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 am

I don't know. For now, everything will be OK.

I'm thinking if I want to RP an assasination of my President (possibly coup d' etat)?
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 10:05 am

Flauc wrote:I don't know. For now, everything will be OK.

I'm thinking if I want to RP an assasination of my President (possibly coup d' etat)?

Possibly after the meeting. We need the talks to be in a stable country while we do them. Then afterwards you can kill him, maybe by communists, and suddenly your doing a 180 on your decisions.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 10:07 am

Tekeristan wrote:Sorin going to get any funny business in Flauc? He's mainly there to observe, that post is just to tell that Tekeri has someone around.
Also, if anyone wants to do anything within Tekeri, ask

What did you have in mind?

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Tue May 03, 2016 10:07 am

No thanks, I'd rather not ruin all of my relations in the "Asian part of NS".

Well, killing my President before the meeting (or on his way to it) would be fun. And a shock.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 10:11 am

Flauc wrote:No thanks, I'd rather not ruin all of my relations in the "Asian part of NS".

Well, killing my President before the meeting (or on his way to it) would be fun. And a shock.

Yes, but it would realistically mean the meeting would be called off, unless his dying words were to continue on.

If that was to case, maybe I could find a way to say Parsoh killed him because they didn't want the talks to go ahead.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Tue May 03, 2016 10:16 am

The PM would take his place and the meeting would go on.. but with a one minute silence.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 03, 2016 10:22 am

Flauc, I hope my post does your capital city justice.... I tried to work it roughly as it's been described so far. Sort of like Tokyo
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 10:24 am

Caracasus wrote:Flauc, I hope my post does your capital city justice.... I tried to work it roughly as it's been described so far. Sort of like Tokyo

I'll put a thing once me and watersville are back at the hotel complaining about how events are moving forward quicker than anticipated, as I assume when we are all together the meeting starts.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Tue May 03, 2016 10:29 am

Horaay, a post describing Nanjiwa!

You did good!

To be honest, I've been thinking of changing Nanjiwa to something else because it's similar to.. well.. Nanking.

But I won't change it, at least, for not this RP.

Guys, what should I post about next?

Whispers of Freedom (Karthos Soviet adventure) or an update on the guards in Nanjiwa, the city, and the President getting ready?
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue May 03, 2016 10:34 am

Significance wrote:
Tekeristan wrote:Sorin going to get any funny business in Flauc? He's mainly there to observe, that post is just to tell that Tekeri has someone around.
Also, if anyone wants to do anything within Tekeri, ask

What did you have in mind?

Nothing really, just putting it out in general.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 03, 2016 10:34 am

Flauc wrote:Horaay, a post describing Nanjiwa!

You did good!

To be honest, I've been thinking of changing Nanjiwa to something else because it's similar to.. well.. Nanking.

Whispers of Freedom (Karthos Soviet adventure) or an update on the guards in Nanjiwa, the city, and the President getting ready?

Do a split post I'd say....
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 10:36 am

You did good!

The former if you want to stir things up a bit, or the latter if you want to continue to focus on the meeting.

Also, I too will make another post, just a fun one describing the troops celebrating festivities in Caracasus. It may not only be your delegates getting a shock to capitalism. Although that won't be the only thing to get shocked about.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Tue May 03, 2016 10:38 am

Anyways, I'm going to post something similar to the Japanese Yakuza operating in Nanjiwa.

Except, they like to beat people more.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 10:40 am

Flauc wrote:Anyways, I'm going to post something similar to the Japanese Yakuza operating in Nanjiwa.

Except, they like to beat people more.

More than the yakuza, yikes, I hope they don't decide to attack me, although as of now, I'm still in the armoured limo.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 03, 2016 11:20 am

Significance wrote:

You did good!

The former if you want to stir things up a bit, or the latter if you want to continue to focus on the meeting.

Also, I too will make another post, just a fun one describing the troops celebrating festivities in Caracasus. It may not only be your delegates getting a shock to capitalism. Although that won't be the only thing to get shocked about.

Culture shock? If you need/want any details or are unsure on anything about Caracasus, let me know.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue May 03, 2016 11:37 am

What should Tek post about?
Current attitudes to post along theme with?

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 03, 2016 11:47 am

Tekeristan wrote:What should Tek post about?

A good one to set tone and possible actions would be a news broadcast.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Caracasus wrote:
Significance wrote:Also, I too will make another post, just a fun one describing the troops celebrating festivities in Caracasus. It may not only be your delegates getting a shock to capitalism. Although that won't be the only thing to get shocked about.

Culture shock? If you need/want any details or are unsure on anything about Caracasus, let me know.

Well mainly what happens in the festival, but also maybe a nation to reference your one off of. Also, I want to try and show my troops getting involved with your people, such as romances ;) and sharing of luxury items such as food, alcohol and cigarettes from Significance (luxury as in something above the pay check of your average worker), perhaps you help me make sure the post makes sense relative to you.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Significance wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

Well mainly what happens in the festival, but also maybe a nation to reference your one off of. Also, I want to try and show my troops getting involved with your people, such as romances ;) and sharing of luxury items such as food, alcohol and cigarettes from Significance (luxury as in something above the pay check of your average worker), perhaps you help me make sure the post makes sense relative to you.

Yeah it's a plan. Don't forget - alcohol and luxury foods aren't uncommon in Caracasus. What's less likely to be common would be things like new types of music, different clothes - that sort of thing. Caracasus is by no means poor - whilst you don't have the massive excesses (no Caracasusian owns a luxury yacht for example) people would have things like chocolate and sweets. They're much more likely to be amazed by tales of Significance and music/films etc. than anything.
Last edited by Caracasus on Tue May 03, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Caracasus wrote:
Significance wrote:

Yeah it's a plan. Don't forget - alcohol and luxury foods aren't uncommon in Caracasus. What's less likely to be common would be things like new types of music, different clothes - that sort of thing. Caracasus is by no means poor - whilst you don't have the massive excesses (no Caracasusian owns a luxury yacht for example) people would have things like chocolate and sweets. They're much more likely to be amazed by tales of Significance and music/films etc. than anything.

So talk about the CDs and DVDs they have? Also, should I mention how everyone idolized Governor Peace and that your festival reminds my soldiers of Peace day, a day celebrating when Peace took office after the Significance civil war? Anything else too?

Edit: Also, sexual preference will play a factor too of you allow romances to happen between the two nations, as while not as open as Ganos, Significanceans are till free to love who they wish, but in general there are very few homosexuals, simply because matter is a bit of a taboo subject.
Last edited by Significance on Tue May 03, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue May 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Caracasus wrote:
Tekeristan wrote:What should Tek post about?

About what, if I am to ask,

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 03, 2016 12:27 pm

The sailors from the Significance fleet gathered in small clusters among the revellers. A couple of Caracasusian children ran behind them, some waving banners, scarfs. On occasion a Significance sailor threw a handful of chocolate and sweets. Children the world over are children. The gestures were greeted with happy bickering over who got the most chocolate. The Significance sailors started to mingle more, though the language barrier still posed something of an obstacle.

Three of them where chatting to a group of Caracasusian harbour workers. The significance sailors were getting used to the Caracasusian habit of breaking off mid-sentence to have a heated argument with one of your friends. They passed round a bottle of spirits the Signficance crew had bought.
“Hey! This is good stuff! What do you call it?”

“Uh – whiskey”.

“Whis-kiy?”

“Yeah – that’ll do.”

The Caracasusian passed the bottle on to the others, each taking a swig. One motioned to the sailor.

“So your crew voted to come to Caracasus huh? What’s your captain like?”

Another Caracasusian interrupted “You see that’s why I didn’t join the army. At least in the communes you can vote out the foreman pretty easily. In the army…. It’s what? Every two years?”

Could use that as a baseline - bringing two cultures together and all.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Tekeristan wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

About what, if I am to ask,

Current events on the Peninsula, Flauc and Malsti's dispute....

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Tue May 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Caracasus wrote:
Tekeristan wrote:About what, if I am to ask,

Current events on the Peninsula, Flauc and Malsti's dispute....

I got one news piece I posted in my regional news thing, I could post that for now and see what I can work on in 'bout 45 minutes. That do for the moment?

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue May 03, 2016 12:35 pm

Caracasus wrote:
The sailors from the Significance fleet gathered in small clusters among the revellers. A couple of Caracasusian children ran behind them, some waving banners, scarfs. On occasion a Significance sailor threw a handful of chocolate and sweets. Children the world over are children. The gestures were greeted with happy bickering over who got the most chocolate. The Significance sailors started to mingle more, though the language barrier still posed something of an obstacle.

Three of them where chatting to a group of Caracasusian harbour workers. The significance sailors were getting used to the Caracasusian habit of breaking off mid-sentence to have a heated argument with one of your friends. They passed round a bottle of spirits the Signficance crew had bought.
“Hey! This is good stuff! What do you call it?”

“Uh – whiskey”.

“Whis-kiy?”

“Yeah – that’ll do.”

The Caracasusian passed the bottle on to the others, each taking a swig. One motioned to the sailor.

“So your crew voted to come to Caracasus huh? What’s your captain like?”

Another Caracasusian interrupted “You see that’s why I didn’t join the army. At least in the communes you can vote out the foreman pretty easily. In the army…. It’s what? Every two years?”

Could use that as a baseline - bringing two cultures together and all.

Maybe, I was generally just going to have no words however, I just wanted to create the atmosphere. Like in the beginning of a Harry potter book where we just see what happens, we don't hear any words.

But I do like what you show, and it gives me a baseline for your citezens. Although I still don't know if I'm allowed to show romances.
Last edited by Significance on Tue May 03, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents