NATION

PASSWORD

Oliva's Apocalypse (Signup and OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:06 am

The Tripartite Republics of Rome wrote:I just realized something that I should've remembered. In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Khan explained to Chekov and Terrell how Ceti Alpha V went from a lush Earth-like world to a desert. Ceti Alpha VI had exploded, if I'm not mistaken. The resulting shockwave would've shifted the orbit of Ceti Alpha V and caused all kinds of havoc, of course I could be wrong as I don't watch as much Star Trek as others on here do. Perhaps, instead of a supernova, one of the planets in the system could play the same part as Ceti Alpha VI exploding and sending the rocky world out of its home star-system.

Would this be a more plausible situation to happen? If so, I can ret-con my first post and make the necessary changes.

Your right about that info about Ceti Alpha V. Ceti Alpha VI did the same thing as result of the Genesis device which just only accelerated the changes.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SquareDisc City » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Started my side of things with a kerfuffle, because why not. I don't plan on making a riot the main focus though, it's just a bit of scene setting. Intend on looking at how someone does handle things when their entire business is three days away from being pulverized by a giant space rock.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Amigosa
Secretary

Founded: Aug 07, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Amigosa » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Application Form
Nation Name: Imperial Dominion of Amigosa
Region: Facebook nations
Head-of-State: Her Imperial Majesty, Overseer & Autokrateira of the Dominion, Desdemona Desmarius
Foreign Minister or Chief Diplomat: Consul Externis Rafaela Theophano
Do you have commercial interests on Oliva? Y/N: N
If N will you establish commercial ties? Y/N: Y

The Second Brotherhood of Planets
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Amigosa wrote:Application Form
Head-of-State: Her Imperial Majesty, Overseer & Autokrateira of the Dominion, Desdemona Desmarius

This should be good. A nonviolent Amigosa!

Accepted.
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

Member of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

The Tripartite Republics of Rome
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tripartite Republics of Rome » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:25 am

Welcome aboard.
The Tripartite Republics of Rome is a PMT/EFT (early future-tech) nation from a timeline in which history happened differently from OTL. We do, however, have the means to cross universes and involve ourselves in the prime (OTL) universe if we so choose.

Pro: Obamacare, Democrat, LGBT Rights, Choice, Secularism, Gun Control, Immigration
Anti: Tea Party, radical GOP, theocracy, terrorism
Don't like it? Cry a river, build a bridge, and GET OVER IT! Oh and OOC views are not shared by IC nation

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Application Form
Nation Name: Intergalactic Empire of Holy Trek
Region: Intergalactic Federacy
Head-of-State: His Imperial Majesty Michael I
Foreign Minister or Chief Diplomat: Curzon Dax
Do you have commercial interests on Oliva? Y/N N
If N will you establish commercial ties? Y/N Y
ALSO RP AS: Federate Cherokee State, New Aztlan
Founder/member of: Dual Monarchy of Holy Trek-Inuyashina, Intergalactic Federacy and member of ANTO
Type VII, Tier I Civilization
Pro: Obamacare, gun control, choice, gay rights, Israel, Church and State separation, Liberalism
Anti: Theocracy, Tea Party, Radical Republicans, Limbaugh, Palin, Cruz, Conservatism
My nation reflects certain of my OOC and RL beliefs, a few of which are listed. Don't like it? Don't engage me in debate.
MT nation: Imperial Columbia PT nation: Levantine Empire of Palmyra
Factbooks coming soon!

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tripartite Republics of Rome » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 pm

Holy Trek wrote:Application Form
Nation Name: Intergalactic Empire of Holy Trek
Head-of-State: His Imperial Majesty Michael I
Foreign Minister or Chief Diplomat: Curzon Dax

ACCEPTED

Also, JTBC (just to be clear), I went ahead and ret-conned my first post, removing the supernova reference and replacing with the explosion one. I would like to explore the idea of a united effort to determine why the explosion happened and a means of neutralizing the threat......a united scientific operation which would safeguard our own systems.
The Tripartite Republics of Rome is a PMT/EFT (early future-tech) nation from a timeline in which history happened differently from OTL. We do, however, have the means to cross universes and involve ourselves in the prime (OTL) universe if we so choose.

Pro: Obamacare, Democrat, LGBT Rights, Choice, Secularism, Gun Control, Immigration
Don't like it? Cry a river, build a bridge, and GET OVER IT! Oh and OOC views are not shared by IC nation

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Retcons, Retcons Everywhere

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:41 am

Very well, then.

Everyone, the first post has been retconned. You should probably adjust your posts accordingly. Pretty much everyone but Holy Trek has posts based on the initial premise.
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 am

Seems more or less the same to me. I think the only thing my posts really depend on is that something is going to hit Oliva SoonTM.

The Interstellar Mongol Khanate
Envoy

Founded: Oct 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Interstellar Mongol Khanate » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:49 am

Application Form
Nation Name: Interstellar Mongol Khanate
Head-of-State: Toghon-Hulegu
Foreign Minister or Chief Diplomat: Baiju-Temur
Proud member of: the Asian Union
the Intergalactic Federacy (Associate)
Close allies with: the Intergalactic Empire of Holy Trek
the Holy Empire of Inuyashina
the Galactic Federation of Odinburgh
We're an MT/PMT/FT nation, meaning we can adapt to those three RP tech levels, though we're generally FT.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tripartite Republics of Rome » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 am

The Interstellar Mongol Khanate wrote:Application Form
Nation Name: Interstellar Mongol Khanate
Head-of-State: Toghon-Hulegu
Foreign Minister or Chief Diplomat: Baiju-Temur

ACCEPTED. Welcome to the thread.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tripartite Republics of Rome » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:55 am

SquareDisc City wrote:Seems more or less the same to me. I think the only thing my posts really depend on is that something is going to hit Oliva SoonTM.

It is pretty much the same, except that I took out the supernova as the cause, due to the fact that scientific research and the helpful explanations of other players have both been correct in that a supernova would likely destroy all the planets in the star system and not send some of them hurtling into deep space. Plus, with the fact already established that Oliva will likely be impacted in a matter of days, it warranted the change. Part of the story would be to determine what sent the rocky world on a collision course with Oliva once its trajectory is changed OR we can evacuate Oliva.

Kinda going with the trajectory change idea, but will suggest in the thread that evacuation would be the remaining option should efforts fail.

The Interstellar Mongol Khanate
Envoy

Founded: Oct 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Interstellar Mongol Khanate » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:08 am

The Tripartite Republics of Rome wrote:
SquareDisc City wrote:Seems more or less the same to me. I think the only thing my posts really depend on is that something is going to hit Oliva SoonTM.

It is pretty much the same, except that I took out the supernova as the cause, due to the fact that scientific research and the helpful explanations of other players have both been correct in that a supernova would likely destroy all the planets in the star system and not send some of them hurtling into deep space. Plus, with the fact already established that Oliva will likely be impacted in a matter of days, it warranted the change. Part of the story would be to determine what sent the rocky world on a collision course with Oliva once its trajectory is changed OR we can evacuate Oliva.

Kinda going with the trajectory change idea, but will suggest in the thread that evacuation would be the remaining option should efforts fail.

Sounds like how they handled a similar situation in a Star Trek Next Generation episode. In any event I'm hoping to use this chance to get to know a few more fellow NSG players.
Proud member of: the Asian Union
the Intergalactic Federacy (Associate)
Close allies with: the Intergalactic Empire of Holy Trek
the Holy Empire of Inuyashina
the Galactic Federation of Odinburgh
We're an MT/PMT/FT nation, meaning we can adapt to those three RP tech levels, though we're generally FT.

Estruia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:21 am

I won't be able to make an IC post for the next few days. It's finals week and I somehow forgot about studying.
31/Genderfluid/ENFP Currently living in the US (Michigan).

Pro: Western Social Democracy, Western Liberal Democracy, Irish Freedom, United Ireland, Scottish Independence, Sinn Fein, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Pan-Celticism, Pan-Germanism, Guaranteed Minimum Income, 2SLGBTQIA+ Rights, Israel, Taiwan

Neutral: Gun Rights, British Labour Party, British Tories, Masculism

Anti: Islamism, Arab Nationalism, Palestine, Russian Imperialism, Ukrainian Nationalism, Pan-Slavism, LDPR, Vladimir Putin, Front Nationale, UKIP, BNP, Third-wave Feminism, Science-denial, Alt-Right Politics, China

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:34 am

Well my posts with the Library of Altaris and Olivia Holocron hopefully will add intrigue. Especially the mystery man that owns the Library that has two of his minions that practically run the library for him. Anyways I am thinking up an idea that the man behind the Library of Altaris traveled through a time stream long ago say anywhere from 500-1000 years ago similar to how TRR came into the picture.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:41 pm

This thread sent me checking the exact length of a parsec, and I realised an interesting and perhaps useful coincidence: the number of light-years in a parsec is almost the same as the number of feet in a metre. (3.262 and 3.281 respectively).

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Holy crap, sorry I didn't post yet. lol
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:02 pm

The Second Brotherhood of Planets wrote:

Accepted.

Is this even possible?
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:21 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
The Second Brotherhood of Planets wrote:

Accepted.

Is this even possible?

Current post seems promising.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Sorry for being a bit tardy posting myself, the S hit the F at work this week.

I'm a bit undecided about the details of Rich contacting the 762. I was going to just have the call run halfway across the galaxy, but realised that's very out-of-keeping with the thread. Might be better to have the 762 be in the Oliva system, if that's OK with all concerned.

EDIT: Decided to kind of not worry about it. I'm assuming the 762 was nearby, maybe having a look at a system a few dozen light years away for whatever reason. It's in-system now.
Last edited by SquareDisc City on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents