NATION

PASSWORD

W.P.T. declares war against Banbardi. (WWII era Tech.)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Armellenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Armellenia » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:
Armellenia wrote:OOC: Just wanted to stop by and was interested, but I'm literally struck by the horrible RPing skills that the Bambardi guy possesses. I could poke literally dozens of holes in Bambardi's reasoning, but I won't, because OP's word is final. Other than that, I would have probably joined this RP.

Sorry. I have repeatedly told him that his is godmodding and the such, but I can't get rid of him because this was made back when he was needed. Think I'll close this thread if he doesn't stop.

OOC Again: What do you mean when he was needed? Do you know him in real life or something? If so, I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems and someone with 30 IQ ain't one.
Last edited by Armellenia on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Armellenia wrote:
Western Pacific Territories wrote:Sorry. I have repeatedly told him that his is godmodding and the such, but I can't get rid of him because this was made back when he was needed. Think I'll close this thread if he doesn't stop.

OOC Again: What do you mean when he was needed? Do you know him in real life or something? If so, I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems and someone with 30 IQ ain't one.

His name is in the title. I force him out, I also have to close this thread because he is a part of the plot and everything falls apart without him. I should close this thread. At least I have the knowledge that he sucks at RPing.

Armellenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Armellenia » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:17 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:
Armellenia wrote:OOC: Just wanted to stop by and was interested, but I'm literally struck by the horrible RPing skills that the Bambardi guy possesses. I could poke literally dozens of holes in Bambardi's reasoning, but I won't, because OP's word is final. Other than that, I would have probably joined this RP.

Sorry. I have repeatedly told him that his is godmodding and the such, but I can't get rid of him because this was made back when he was needed. Think I'll close this thread if he doesn't stop.

OOC again: Alright, fair enough. I do have a few tips for you, though. When RPing, most people center around one or a group of characters. Don't just say you're landing 5000 troops and leave it at that: Go into depth, into tactics, into logistics, etc. and maybe even add in a governmental statement. That way, it isn't so much as sentences going back and forth and is instead more like an actual story, so to say. Coupled with decent grammar and understanding of the type of war you're engaged in, it'll make you look better. Don't be a Bambardi.
Last edited by Armellenia on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New havannah
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New havannah » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Nation Name: New havannah
Leader: Isaiah nelson
Military: 1,000,000 riflemen, 78,000 engineers,567,000, m4 Sherman, 4,000 m26 Pershing tanks,45,000 t28 tanks.
Population: 6,000,000,000 civilians.

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Armellenia wrote:
Western Pacific Territories wrote:Sorry. I have repeatedly told him that his is godmodding and the such, but I can't get rid of him because this was made back when he was needed. Think I'll close this thread if he doesn't stop.

OOC again: Alright, fair enough. I do have a few tips for you, though. When RPing, most people center around one or a group of characters. Don't just say you're landing 5000 troops and leave it at that: Go into depth, into tactics, into logistics, etc. and maybe even add in a governmental statement. That way, it isn't so much as sentences going back and forth and is instead more like an actual story, so to say. Coupled with decent grammar and understanding of the type of war you're engaged in, it'll make you look better. Don't be a Bambardi.

I know. It's just, when he makes one-liners I don't feel encouraged to write a long post.

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:29 pm

New havannah wrote:Nation Name: New havannah
Leader: Isaiah nelson
Military: 1,000,000 riflemen, 78,000 engineers,567,000, m4 Sherman, 4,000 m26 Pershing tanks,45,000 t28 tanks.
Population: 6,000,000,000 civilians.

DENIED.

The Commonwealth of the South Pacific
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Commonwealth of the South Pacific » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Nation Name: The Commonwealth
Leader: Gaius Caesar
Military:300,000 british regulars, 50,000 US Marines, 500 Churchill Tanks, 1000 P 51 fighter bombers, 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Aircraft Carrier, 6 Destroyers, 4 Cruisers (All ships are based off American equivalent.)
Population: 12,000,000 civilians.
Example:
Offshore of Banbardi
John crouched in the landing craft as the Banbardi shore defenses opened up, he braced himself and waited as the driver called out "Thirty Seconds.".
"30, 29, 28" He started counting down in his head, he ducked behind the metal hull of the ship as a Banbardi Machine gunner opened fire on the landing craft. The craft hit the shore and he rushed out spraying the Banbardi positions with his Thompson. He hit a ridge and pulled a grenade from his waist "Fire in the hole!" he yelled out before throwing the grenade far over his head.
The grenade went off and he rushed over, shooting a quick double tap to the wounded Banbardis who were moaning from the shrapnel wounds. He got to the top of the beach and dived to the ground the dirt spraying over his face he peeked out of cover and watched as several Banbardi tanks were approaching his squads position. "Hey Alan call up one of the Dreadnoughts tell them we have enemy armoured support approaching the beach."
Alan pulled out the speaker for the bulky radio and called the Dreadnought "Sierra O niner we have heavy enemy armour approaching the beach, I repeat heavy armour approaching the beach, we are requesting fire support on Echo 5 5 I repeat fire support on Echo 5 5 Fire for Effect Over."
HMS Vengeance, Offshore
"I want a broadside on Echo 5 5 people we need to take out that armour." yelled the captain
David watched from the bridge as all guns opened up "Mother of God." He muttered as the huge explosion decimated the armoured column. He gazed upon the beach as the first of the Churchill tanks arrived on the shore to make a beachhead.
Last edited by The Commonwealth of the South Pacific on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Goodbye Azen, You'll be sorely missed friend

Current RPs:

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:06 pm

The Commonwealth of the South Pacific wrote:Nation Name: The Commonwealth
Leader: Gaius Caesar
Military:300,000 british regulars, 50,000 US Marines, 500 Churchill Tanks, 1000 P 51 fighter bombers, 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Aircraft Carrier, 6 Destroyers, 4 Cruisers (All ships are based off American equivalent.)
Population: 12,000,000 civilians.
Example:
Offshore of Banbardi
John crouched in the landing craft as the Banbardi shore defenses opened up. He braced himself and waited as the driver called out "Thirty Seconds".
"30, 29, 28" He started counting down in his head, he ducked behind the metal hull of the ship as a Banbardi Machine gunner opened fire on the landing craft. The craft hit the shore and he rushed out spraying the Banbardi positions with his Thompson. He hit a ridge and pulled a grenade from his waist "Fire in the hole".
"Boom" went the grenade and he rushed over shooting a quick double tap to the wounded Banbardis moaning from the shrapnel wounds. He got to the top of the beach and hit the ground, several Banbardi tanks were approaching his squads position. "Oi Alan call up one of the Dreadnoughts tell em we ave enemy armoured support approaching the beach.
Alan pulled out the speaker for the bulky radio and called the Dreadnought "Sierra O niner we have heavy enemy armour approaching the beach I repeat heavy armour approaching the beach we are requesting fire support on Echo 5 5 I repeat fire support on Echo 5 5 Fire for Effect Over"
HMS Vengeance, Offshore
"I want a broadside on Echo 5 5 people we need to take out that armour" yelled the captain
David watched from the bridge as all guns opened up "Mother of God..." He muttered as the humongous explosion decimated the armoured column. He gazed upon the beach as the first of the Churchill tanks arrived on the shore to make a beachhead.

Your app. is okay, but you need to work on your grammar. When your example looks better I'll think about it, but until then, NO.

Mitheldalond
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mitheldalond » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Eh, it's not really that big of a problem if you're able/willing to deal with it. He can try to godmod all he wants, but it isn't going to work against me because I'm able to counter it in various ways without godmodding myself. For instance, when he said that his jets were shooting down my aircraft, I just interpreted that as them attacking my aircraft and reacted appropriately. When he said my ships hit mines, I just kind of ignored it because the closest ship I has is 250km away, and he didn't mine the whole ocean (but now I know that I'll have to RP a minefield if I try to get much closer).

And to be fair, the short posts are part of why I got involved. It's nice sometimes to have an RP where you don't have to put too much effort in; I can write a post in about 5 minutes between other tasks, instead of devoting 30+ minutes to it.

Also, if Banbardi doesn't show up again, should we get someone else to take his place, assume his invasion was repelled and there's a new one from someone else comic in, or just have those fighting him RP the combat themselves as realistically as possible?

I vote for option 3

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commonwealth of the South Pacific » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Sorry did you mean the part when my guy was using slang I was only trying to make it realistic because you know, if you have bullets flying around you and shells going off I don't think you would use perfect grammar. I could replace him as a antagonist because I wouldn't mind
Last edited by The Commonwealth of the South Pacific on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Current RPs:

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:22 pm

The Commonwealth of the South Pacific wrote:Sorry did you mean the part when my guy was using slang I was only trying to make it realistic because you know, if you have bullets flying around you and shells going off I don't think you would use perfect grammar. I could replace him as a antagonist because I wouldn't mind

No, it's not that. In all of your quotes you are missing exclamation marks and periods.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commonwealth of the South Pacific » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Better? remove or add
Last edited by The Commonwealth of the South Pacific on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Current RPs:

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Commas, and you'll be set.

Mitheldalond
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mitheldalond » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Banbardian Me 262 base in the WPT:

"Approaching target area, prepare to ascend," said Squadron Commander Thrain. He and the eleven other pilots of his squadron were flying at treetop level to avoid detection. A short distance ahead of them was a small ridge, and just behind that was the enemy airbase.

"Ascend in three, two, one!" Commander Thrain called, pulling back on the stick. The 12 fighters of his squadron rose sharply into the air, shot over the ridge line, and nosed down to begin their attack. 120 rockets shot out from the attacking planes, smashing through hangars, munitions dumps, and any aircraft on the ground and runways. The fighters swooped in to bomb the runways and any structures left standing, any jets that had survived the rocket attack, and the AA batteries now starting to open up on the Mitheldalondian aircraft.

Scenes like this were also occurring at nine other airbases on various other WPT islands.

Meanwhile, the strike force sent to attack the Banbardian fleet had finished their attack runs and was starting to make their way back to their carriers. The Banbardian jets would be returning to their bases soon as well, where a rather unpleasant surprise was waiting for them.

Banbardi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Banbardi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:34 pm

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN DESTROYED"
"Sir a crippling blow was thrown at a few airbases, unfortunately our main air bases only a few bases survived"
"My god the king is going to kill me"
"Why?"
"HA, do you know how expensive those jets are"
"1,000 UCB"
'Try 100,000 UCB not including fuel and ammo, plus we only have so many trained pilots,if we don't stop their advance were going to have to pull out, why we haven't left since weve already completed our main objective is a mystery"
"Should we call for reinforcements"
"What reinforcements, were basically half the entire military why we haven't won yet is still a mystery,"
"I think we should leave, no point in hurting these good people, unless we want their pitiful islands"

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents