NATION

PASSWORD

Matters of Blood [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Gratislavia
Minister

Founded: May 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Matters of Blood [Closed]

Postby Gratislavia » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Empire of Temuair
Astridia, Beriso Division
Bochanan
Camran Household
6:52 A.M. Local Time

The sun peeked cautiously over the mountain tops, casting long shadows over the deep valley as it struggled to illuminate the scene below. Ancient pines that had stood for eons and would stand millennia from now dotted their peaks, blotting the sun here and there like longs fingers reaching up to grasp the warming rays and steal them away from the hollow below. Nestled between their stoic columns, white smoke wafted up from a collection of mish-mashed wooden and aluminum structures. The homestead perched precariously over a rocky outcropping that gave way to a sheer drop some fifty feet away, and had a single winding path led up the side of the mountain to them, rough, unsafe, and unpaved.

In the furthest building from the edge, a low aluminum-sided structure that appeared more shed than house; a single light flickered for a moment, and then was extinguished just as quickly. The building’s single low window flickered with light again, which then disappeared just as quickly as before. There was stillness then, until a pair of pale, feminine hands appeared at the bottom of the window, struggling to lift it just barely open and releasing a torrent of haze from the house in the process.

“Shut the fukin window, your Da’s gon see the smoke.” The speaker could not be seen through the haze, but the voice sounded young and masculine, even as it cracked and sputtered in exertion. “You try’n get me killed?”

“Shut up Kristijan, he ain’t seein’ nothing, he’s probably still passed out from the bottle.” A second voice, equally concealed but far more feminine and lacking the same coarseness of the first responded. “Besides, I can’t see a damn thing and it’s startin’ to smell like a fucking whorehouse in here.”

The tiny hands appeared again, pushing the window higher and then waving frantically as they forced the smoke from the small, single room outhouse. “You don’t wanna get caught, don’t smoke in the damn house.”

The haze subsided quickly as the hands twittered back and forth, leaving a scene of youthful decadence and defiance in its wake. Sprawled out and half naked, the form of a twenty something man with boyish features and cropped brown hair lay on the large, yellowed bed that dominated the room’s interior. His crooked maw clenched tightly to a pipe of some sort, while his long lanky arms extended out to hold high a lighter that he was intermittently flicking now and again.

“Was your grass, not mine, you brought it.” The man, or boy really, let the pipe roll down to his lips as he spoke, muddling his heavily accented speech even further.

“Well you asked for it smartass,” The second figure came into view now, a playfully snide tone in her voice. She was young as well, perhaps even a bit younger than the boy. Pale and thin, but lithe and attractive in a way that was natural and unforced. “Sides, makes things more fun this way.”

The boy let the pipe fall from his mouth as it contorted into a broad grin, “You bet your pretty little ass it does.” He sat up quickly, letting his lanky legs hang over the bed as he gestured towards her, “Cmere.”
The girl giggled, starting towards the boy and then stopping just out his reach. “I think that’s enough fun for one night, you probably wanna be getting’ out of here for Da wakes up.”

“Maybe I won take you with me, what would you say about that?” The boy’s grin broadened again as he leaned in and reached out to brush his fingertips against the girl. “Just come on back with me, whacha say?”

The girl’s lips shot up like a rocket, twisting into a glowing smile, “I think that’d be ju-“

A loud bang cut off the quiet whispering, followed by a second, and then a loud bellowing scream that reverberated throughout the hollow and seemed to echo for miles. “Markovitch you goddamn son of a bitch, I told you to stay the hell away from here, now you gon get yours!”

“Shit!” The boy, Markovitch, rolled off the bed in a panic, grasping for his pants that lay off to the side. “Don’t let him, that crazy old man of yours is gonna fukin kill me!”

As if in response, a thunderous crash struck the door to the shed, nearly knocking it off its hinges as it flew back in its frame. “Knew you was in there you fucking snake, I’m gonna skin your ass and hang it on a wall!”

Markovitch, still in a scrambled panic, managed to at last pull on his pants as the crashes against the door continued, prompting a terrified scream to erupt from his lips. “We was just talking Horas! Wasn’t no harm or foul in it!”

With a thunderous bang the door at last broke off its hinges, crashing to the ground with a ringing thud. In the frame of the door, a massive man towered above Markovitch. Bearded, with thick, cannon-like arms, his knuckles burned white as they crushed the double barreled shotgun he was leveling towards the boy.

“Da no!” The girl lunged forward as the man came through the door, crashing ineffectually against him as she tried to shield the Markovitch who was still scrambling on the floor.

“Outta the way girl, boys got this comin’!” The man shoved her aside roughly, throwing her sprawling onto the floor but flailing the gun wildly as he did so.

Markovitch, never one to misuse an opportunity, sprung to his feet in a flash and darted for the window. He heard a bang behind him, and then one more. He could feel the pellets brush by him, shooting past his flesh and missing by mere centimeters as he dove out the low window and crashed into the bush outside.

“Bring your ass back here boy!” The thunderous voice boomed from inside the house again as the girl’s father boomed towards the door.

“Piss on y-yo-you crazy fucking bastard!” Markovitch clambered to his feet, stuttering as he scrambled away from the bushes at a dead run. Behind him, the shadow cast by the girl’s gargantuan father came crashing after him. Markovitch ran, dodging past the other outlying buildings, snaking in, out and around corners as he led Horas on a chase.

He made it to the road that led down the mountain, still sprinting as he cast a glance back over his shoulder. The girl’s father, Horas, was gone. He had broken off, and though Markovitch still sprinted he allowed himself a mental sigh of relief as screeched to a halt and broke from the road about halfway down.

Before him, a poorly concealed and thoroughly rusted pickup truck lay tucked into a clearing. He ran to it, brushing off the tree branches and leaves from the windshield and the top of the cab before swinging himself into the driver’s seat and twisting the keys. He breathed another sigh of relief as the engine sputtered to life, spraying black smoke from the tailpipe, before another sound made his heart drop. From the homestead above him, a loud roar, loader than any before it, shook the trees. Horas wasn’t done just yet.

Markovitch gunned the pedal, shifting rapidly and grinding the gears as dread filled his heart. He screamed forth from the clearing, still bellowing black smoke as he wretched the wheel and sent the truck careening onto the road, throwing all manner of dirt and gravel behind him as the tires spun briefly for a moment before gaining traction. Still gunning the pedal, he dared a look back, seeing the source of his infernal dread bearing down on him from above.

Bright red, nearly wider than the road, and sporting a pair of recently polished chrome pipes that extended from the cabin, it was most certainly Horas’ truck. It accelerated rapidly, the massive driver slamming and jerking the stick shifter as it rolled down after him.

Markovitch of course, kept his foot firmly planted on the gas pedal, even as the ridiculous, red, monstrosity behind him started to gain ground. They darted through the mountains, even as the road leveled out the curves stayed present, throwing them around hairpin corners at speeds that would have been unsafe even on a straight road. Still Horas was gaining, rapidly in fact. The behemoth leaned out of his truck, a shiny metal object glinting in his hands before a flash and a loud bang caught Markovitch’s attention. The crazy bastard was shooting at him.

The bullet went wide, but it was enough to force Markovitch to duck below the wheel, lucky for him as a stream of rounds crashed into the back of the cab and shattered the windshield. Just barely peeking over the wheel at intervals to avoid the hail of gunfire, Markovitch kept his foot on the pedal, even as he fumbled with the glovebox. His hands slipping and losing their grip, he at last managed to pry the damn thing open, sending a cascade of receipts, wrappers, and a single black revolver cascading onto the seat next to him.

He snatched the gun up quickly, pulling back the hammer as he sent a prayer up to whomever it was that was watching in the heavens. He dared to sit upright for just a moment, gazing frantically at his driver side mirror while simultaneously extending his gun out and back towards Horas. He caught sight of the man in his mirror, chanced another prayer, and then slammed his finger down on the trigger of the revolver.

Five, no six bangs, and the sound of ricochets filled the air. There was a horrible screeching, like tires sliding and then loosing traction, and then at last one final loud thud. Markovitch dared to look back again, not believing his eyes even as he took in the spectacle. Horas, was very much so still alive, fuming, shouting and slamming his fists on the dashboard of his truck. The location of the truck however, had changed considerably, with the vehicle now smashed firmly into the side of one of the massive pines that dotted the mountain.

“That’ll teach you, you stupid son of a bitch!” Markovitch laughed crazily, leaning fully out the truck as he screamed back at Horas.

He didn’t dare to do so again though, still guiding the speeding truck around the tight corners and uneven road, leaving the crash site behind him rapidly. He drove on, even as the sun climbed higher and higher into the sky, until at last he caught sight of safety. By some miracle, he managed to squeeze more speed out of the truck, forcing it to surge forward as it approached the bridge before him. With a bounce and a jolt, the truck made contact, throwing Markovitch up as he struggled to maintain control of the truck. To his left, a green sign with white Cyrillic letters read “Gratislavia,” safety, at least for the moment.

Republic of Gratislavia
Astridia, Kadajan Province
Novak
Markovitch Homestead
10:13 A.M.

Markovitch reeled as the heavy fist made contact with his face, sending him sprawling into the dirt, before a booted foot made contact with his side. “Goddammit boy, what the hell did I tell you about going over and seeing that girl, you got some kind of fuckin’ death wish!” The voice reminded him somehow of Horas’ as it screamed and bellowed at him, drowning out the sound of his ribs cracking as the foot made contact with his side again. “Fixin to get us all killed you stupid jackass, Horas ain’t gon let this lie you know that? He gon be looking for your blood and our blood to, why in the Gods’ name I did I have such a stupid fucking son!”

“We was just talking Da I swear, there wasn’t no harm in it, just talking!” Markovitch squealed in pain as the foot made contact again, tears streaming down his face as he begged.

“I don’t give a shit if you pulled the girl out of a burning house, I told you to stay away from those fucking Camrans, and what do you do? Run over there and fuck old Horas’ goddamn daughter!” The figure, Markovitch’s father, screamed again, not letting up his assault as he continued to poud on the boy. “Gonna get us all killed, every last goddamn one of us!”

“I didn’t touch her Da, I was just trying to talk to her is all, I swear! Please stop!” Markovitch’s cries fell on death ears as the beating continued, kick after kick crashing into his shattered ribcage before coming to an abrupt stop.

Above him, the looming figure of his father, oddly resembling that of Horas, panted for breath. “Get your brothers, and get down to the river.” He paused, hauling Kristijan to his feet, “And keep a good goddamn watch. That crazy bastard is probably gonna try something stupid, and I don’t want no surprises.
Last edited by Gratislavia on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Direction Nationale de Notreceau"

Temuair
Secretary

Founded: Mar 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Temuair » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:14 am

Bochanan
Empire of Temuair
08:21 am

Lùcas Camran awoke to the sharp sound of the house's front door being opened and slamming against the entryway wall. Oh shit, Pa's up before me Lùcas thought as he jumped out of bed, scrambling to get his clothing on before the door to his room was similarly thrown open. When he heard the sound of boots tromping around the house, but didn't hear the sound of them ascending the old wooden stairs, he stopped scrambling and listened. Over the commotion downstairs he could hear the soft sniffles of a female crying and knew something out of the ordinary was happening.

Pulling his stained white undershirt over his head as he descended the stairs, he called “What's happening?”. Entering the dining room, he saw his younger sister Caitlin stting at the huge oak table, her hands covering her face and shoulders bouncing with quiet sobs. He hair, usually always neat and prim, was a disheveled mess sprawling from her scalp in all directions. Their father, and scion of the Camran clan, Horras, was rapidly pacing in front of the rooms bay window, the sun slowly beginning to peak out from above the Astrid peaks and fill the room with light.

“Da, whats going on? Why is sis cryin?”

“Cause shes a whore.” Horas snapped, glaring at Caitlin

Caitlin's hands flew from her face, revealing an angry sneer “Its not true, ya bastard! We was only talkin' and you gone and jumped to the wrong conclusions, as you always do!”. Horas bellowed in fury and stalked across the room, reaching Caitlin in a mere three great strides and backhanded her, spending her sprawling from the chair onto the hard wood floor. “You dare speak to me so, girl? Do you? I fed you, raised you, and you repay me by whoring with one of the gods damned Markovitch boys?!”

Oh shit, shes gone and done it! now Lùcas thought as he moved to interpose himself between his father and sister, who was attempting to crawl away from the raging giant towering over her. To say there was bad blood between the Camran's and the Markovitch's was an understatement. Both family's, longstanding and established names within both Aisling and Gratislav Astridia, had been feuding since before even Horas' great grandfather was born. It was said it was over events during the Aisling-Gratislav wars, when the Aislings of Temuair had occupied the lands of the Gratislavians. According to legend, the Markovitch's had come into Camran lands and poisoned their livestock, probably out of jealousy, it was said. The origin wasn't even important any longer, but the feud was. In his more reflective moments, it often struck Lùcas that if they didn't know why they were fighting any longer, then why continue the fight? Still, no man was going to come over from out of town and his his way with his sister. That he could not abide.

Clearly, his father didn't feel that way, though Lùcas believed he might have had a similar reaction to catching her with any boy, catching her with a Markovitch, and he just knew it was that smug Kristijan Markovitch, had made the situation all the worse.

“Why did ya do it sis? You knew better?” he asked softly

“No harm in talking, Lùcas, lestways until he finds out and assumes it was more than that.” Caitlin sniffled, having made it behind her brothers leg, placing her back against the rooms gleaming white wall. “No harm in it.” she repeated.

“No harm init?” bellowed Horas. “We've been a-feuding with them damned Markovitch sons'a'bitchies for generations? They took what's ours, trespassed and sinned against our clan, and you don't see the problem? You don't see the issue with associating, with fraternizing, with the likes 'o them? Girl, I raised you better'n this and ifin your mama was still with us...this'id put her in the grave!” He flopped down onto one of the tables chairs, the wood creaking under his bulk “That Kristijan a trig son of a bitch though, and maybe you just aint too bright, girl. He sure fooled you good, making you think them Markovitch's aint out for nothing but to ruin us.” No sooner had he sat down than he clambered to his feet once more “No way, no sir, no how, we ain't gonna let this fly.” Horas leveled one meaty finger at Lùcas. “Round up your brothers, and your cousins, boy! Get em all here by 10'o the morning. We are gonna pay them sons of bitches a visit they aint never going to forget.

Lùcas did as he was bade, and now sat in the a fallow field, what the Camran's called the lower field, of the vast Camran estate. In the distance, away from the barn, cows stood lazily, chewing the grass and blissfully unaware of the violence brewing around them,

“What are we doin Lùcas? You the oldest, didn't Pa tell you?” one of his cousins inquired, taking a pull from the beer bottle in his hand

“No, he didn't, he simply said we was gonna pay them Markovitch sons a bitches over Novak way a visit. They's consorting with Caitlin and Pa's rightly fired up about it.”

A general murmur of dissent followed these words “Fuckin slavics”, “Damn Markovitch's” and other disparaging grumbles were heard. “We gonna kick they asses?” the same cousin inquired

“I reckin” Lùcas said “ Caitlin says they was just a'talkin, but, we's all men here, do you believe it?” Laughter ran through the crowd, how many of them had used that same excuse, or heard that same excuse, in their lives. Nearly all, surely. Everyone here knew what “just talking” meant.

A two and a half ton truck, battered and beaten by hard use and years of service, rumbled up the gravel road. It squealed to a stop in beside the assembled men, about eighteen all told, and Horas jumped from the cab and clambered into the bed of the truck.

“You boys know why you're here?”

They murmured

“Then you know it was muh own daughter Caitlin, your sissa and cousin, that them Markovitch's was trying to poison this very morning, on this very land. Our homeland!” he bellowed “It wasn’t enough to poison our livestock and our wells, and start this feud, no, they haveta keep it a'goin by trying to poison our very blood.”

The murmuring grew louder, angrier.

“We aren't going to lie down and take that abuse, are we?”

“No!”

“We aren't going to suffer that indignation?”

“No!”

Horas reached down and pulled a battered Dnieguan TrGv-62 assault rifle from the box, racking the bolt, he lossed a burst into the air, the reports shattering the silence of the morning “What are we going to do, then?”

“We gonna beat they fucking asses!”

Horas tossed the rifle to the closest man and roared “Then get up here and get your arms, boys! We going to visit the neighbors”

The border between Gratislavia and Temuair in this region was the Luemn River, which flowed from center of the Skanderan continent to the western sea. Here, it flowed through the mountain valley as the land slowly gave way into the frigid plains below.

There were scant few road crossings, the primary one being the bridge in the town of Bochanan, situated in the valley below. The quiet little town of about 500 people, not counting those living in the incorporated areas in the mountains above, was unnotable aside from being a border crossing. No real border security was enforced between Temuair and Gratislavia these days, as subjects and citizens didn't even require a passport to move between the two nations.

The silence of sleepy little town was shattered as a battered two and a half ton truck, a pickup in front and behind, came racing from DR-98, the only road linking the town to the greater road network of Temuair, and running into Gratislavia. The convoy rocketed into town, ironically following the same path that Kristijan Markovitch had followed only hours before. With no fanfare they plowed across the bridge and into Gratislavia.

Though it occurred to none of them, they were the first armed Aislings to enter Gratislavia in anger in over 200 years.

On the opposite bank of the river, concealed by the low hanging pine trees, a young Jadran Markovitch looked at his brother and said “That there is trouble. Come on, we better stop em.”

Horas was driving the lead pickup truck; not his beloved Red Ranger he thought sourly. Lùcas, riding in the the passenger seat clutched an even older IRAC-44 semi automatic rifle between` his feet. The men in the bed were similar armed, and holding on for dear life as the truck barreled through the hairpin turns of the mountains.

“Maybe we ought to slow down?” the boy asked

“Why, the sooner we get there and give those sons of bitches what for, the better I'm going to feel.”

“We ain't gonna make it there at all if we fly off the fuckin' mountains.” the Lùcas replied

“We aint gonna-” Horas begin as the truck entered a hairpin turn. In front of them, sitting in the blind part of the turn, two pick ups had been pulled nose to nose blocking the road. Standing a distance behind the truck, off to the side of the road, were several men, who were already racing forward to take position behind the trucks noses. Horas slammed on the brakes with a curse, sending the truck skidding across the pavement, presenting its broadside to the blockade. The driver of the next truck locked up the vehicles breaks trying to stop, and managing to do so without hitting the vehicles. The third truck, lagging behind, was able to stop more gracefully, its driver already beginning to execute a j-turn.

Horas jumped from the cab “What in the fuck are you morons doing? Fixin to fucking kill someone if you ask me”. As Horas spoke, Camran men began to clamber from the trucks, taking up positions behind their scion.

“Looks to us like that's just what you got in mind, Horas Camran.”

“As I live and breathe, Jardan Markovitch, you son of a bitch.” Horas seethed. “You get on out the way now, boy, your brother has a lot to answer for.”

“Canna do it.” Jardan said, shaking his head “This here is Markovitch land, you're trespassing now. Go on now, get back in your cars and head on home and they'll be no trouble.”

“I'll show you trouble you fucking Slav!” Horas raged, pulling his revolver from his holster with surprising speed and discharging three rounds in Jardan's direction. Two went wide, but their third slammed into the mans shoulder, sending him reeling.

Within seconds, the rest of the Markovitch's had opened fire, and within a moment after that, so had the Camran's, filling the air with lead. Bullets slammed into the mountainside, sparked off the pavement and vehicles, and several found their way into flesh and bone.

Lùcas fired several rounds from his rifle before shouting “Get back in the trucks, get the wounded in the cargo, there's more coming down the road!” Lùcas fired more rounds towards the Markovitch firing line, discouraging them from showing themselves as the driver of the cargo truck reversed down the round and into the turn. Horas had raced to the lumbering vehicle, pulling himself into the bed, as Lùcas grabbed onto the mirror and hoisted himself onto the skid

“That's two god damn trucks you've cost me, you gods damned bitches, and I'll be back to get what I'm owed!” Horas screamed from the truck as they sped back around the turn.

A cousin wrapped a rag around Jardan's shoulder as he spoke into his phone.

“Pa, that crazy fucker shot at us. Hit me in mah damned shoulder he did! You best get on down here with as many men as you can muster up, because I think they're fixin' to come back!”

He snapped the phone shut and looked around

“Anyone else hurt?” he asked, the men in his group shaking their heads “Good, then after the, we got to drive them off this land!”

As the two remaining trucks speed back across the Bochanan bridge, Horas was screaming into his cell phone. If the Markovitch boys wanted a war, we'll, by the gods, he'd give them one!

"Chester? Is that you? Its Horas. Listen, them sons a bitch Markovitchs done fucked up down Bochanan way, that damn Kristijan ruttin' with muh girl, and when I go to make it right, they shot some of muh boys. They done started a war, ya hear? Now, you gots to get down to round up ya boys and get down to the depot. What can ya give me?"

The trucks cab was silent for a moment as Horas listened to Chester's reply. A wicked smile crept across his face before he spoke again. "Hot damn boy, you made muh fucking day. Break em all out and get em laid in north of town, you can use muh lower field, and the old Sutter place'll do too. Them fucking Gratislav's are fucking in for it now."

As he closed the phone, he looked at the driver of the truck. "Stop us here, we'll dig in along the river and wait for em. You run get the sheriff, and tell him I'm conscripting his men. Get em down here, and then get Lùcas to get on the phone and call up the other boys. It's a war they want, then its a war they got." he bellowed.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gratislavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Republic of Gratislavia
Outside Novak
12:00 P.M.

The sun hung high over the scene, not a cloud in the sky to obstruct its warm rays which filtered pleasantly down into the river valley. The wildlife was teeming with activity; the first signs of spring calling them forth from hibernation and into the slowly melting snow that covered the ground. It was a beautiful scene, tranquil and peaceful. That is, if one discounted the horrid screams of Jardan Markovitch. They echoed off the mountaintops, through the trees and indeed probably carried to the nearby town of Novak. No one would come however, word had spread quickly. The Markovitchs had come under attack, and no one who wasn’t obligated wanted to put themselves between the Aislings and the Markovitch Patriarch.

“Just calm down Jardan, it’s just a fucking flesh wound, you gon be okay!” One of the Markovitch cousins, a sultry looking lad with wild, scraggly hair and a prominently crooked nose tried to attend to the thrashing and screaming Jardan. “The adrenaline just wore off that’s all, you’re gonna be fine, just calm the fuck down!” The cousin was practically wrestling with Jardan at this point, trying to hold him still and prevent him from losing any more blood than he already had. “Would you just stay fucking still you goddamn moron!”

“Fuck you Matejar! Get the fuck off me, it hurts you fucking idiot!” Jardan continued to struggle, fighting against the cousin as he thrashed around in the snow, throwing up white plumes that were beginning to cover both of them in a fine filament of white powder. “Just take me to the goddamn hospital, there’s a fucking bullet in my shoulder goddamn it!”

“Take you to the hospital?” Matejar was screaming in earnest now, his patience wearing thin. “Your pa already called up a whole fuckin’ posse of the militia, we take you to the damn hospital and there’s gon be a manhunt for that sonofabitch! You wan start a war with them fucking Aislings?”

“They got themselves a war already, smarmy sons of bitches, I’ll cut Horas’ fucking head off and mount the bitch on my wall!” Jardan was bleeding in earnest now, his thrashing doing him no favors as crimson blotches began to cover the snow around him. “Kill his whole fucking family, you mark my words! I’ll gut that bastard’s daughter like the pig she is, and I’ll hang his son from that fucking bridge you mark my fucking words!”

Matejar started to reply, then stopped suddenly as the roar of several engines filled the air. In a great plume of snow and ice, the Markovitch patriarch’s truck skidded to a stop behind the impromptu blockade his kin had set up. Behind him, a heavy looking cargo truck stopped with greater difficulty, sliding to a stop just inches from his rear bumper. “Look Jadran, your Pa’s here, he’ll get you all sorted out, now just calm down for Gods’ sake!”

“Pa! Pa tell these fucking idiots to take me to a hospital, I’m bleeding goddammit, I’m gonna fucking die!” Jardan renewed his trashing with a new intensity, squirming and screaming louder than any of them had thought possible.

“Shut the hell up!” The booming voice of Alexi Markovitch, the grizzled patriarch of their clan shattered the screaming as he threw open the door to his pickup and jumped out. “No boy o mine is gonna whine like a lil’ bitch cause he got a bit of lead in the shoulder.” He advanced on Jardan, a look of pure rage filling his eyes as he brought himself above the terrified Jardan. “Now you hold fucking still!”

The heavy truck behind him opened up now, nearly two dozen boys pilling out of the back of the cab, armed to the teeth. Two of them were sprinting towards him now, a bright red cross stitched on the shoulder of one of them. “Just hang on Jardan, we gon get that snake bite right out of you, don’t you worry.” The pair slid to a stop next to Alexi, the one without the cross on his shoulder dropping to a knee and leveling his rifle at the bridge. “Now just hold still now, and you two, hold him the fuck down!” The medic gestured towards Alexi and Matejar, both of whom responded in kind, pouncing on Jardan and at last stilling his violent thrashing.

“Pa no! Please just take me to a hospital, don’t let this crazy sonuvabitch cut me up!” Jardan began to cry softly, terror filling his voice as he pleaded with his father who didn’t bother to respond.

The medic unslung his backpack, throwing it down next to the men and began rifling through it. “Now just calm down now, you’re gonna be just fine, I’m gonna give you something to calm you down now.” The medic withdrew a syringe from his pack, pulling the cover off the needle and advancing on the mortified Jardan. “This is fentanyl, something to take the pain away and put you out bud, now you just lay back and calm down!” The medic jammed the needle down, burying it deep in Jardan’s leg.

“Fu-“ Jardan’s voice croaked out for a moment, beginning to form words before he fell silent, his eyes rolling over and his body going limp.

“Pick him up now, we’ll get him into the truck.” The medic grabbed Jardan’s legs, followed by Matejar who supported his torso. The two lifted him off the ground, and then began the trek through the snow back to the truck.

“The rest of you sorry sonsofbitches, get to fucking work, you know what to do!” Alexi turned on a dime, bearing down on his men who had dismounted from the rear truck and who were currently lounging about it. “Right now dammit, that crazy bastard is gon be coming back you mark my words!”

“Yes sir!” The broken staccato reply from the men filled the air, each of them picking up their equipment and running towards the center of the road. Each of them had heavy sandbags slung over their shoulders, which they quickly deposited onto the center of the road, forming an impromptu barrier. The majority of them continued this activity, running back and forth between Markovitch’s pickup whose bed was loaded down with the bags and the defensive position they had begun to construct. Three of the men however, two carrying rifles and the other an almost archaic looking MeM Machine Gun broke to the side of the road. They through their equipment down and then almost immediately began digging, each using a rusted looking entrenching tool to try and break through the frozen earth.

Alexi meanwhile, was deeply engaged in a conversation on his cellphone. He was readying his secret weapon, his last resort before all out warfare, and he prayed it would be enough to convince Horas to back off and stay over in Temuair where he belonged. “Radomir, you and the boys get up to the position, don’t start shooting till I call you again, but make sure you’re ready if I need ya…”

Republic of Gratislavia
Mt. Milenko
1:07 P.M.

The jagged and broken path up the mountain was nearly obscured by the fiercely blowing snow and wind that lashed out and stung the four Gratislavs who were struggling up the slope. Before them, tree roots, loose rocks, and a near-whiteout impeded their progress, but still they came on. Radomir, the leader of the four men who was trudging ahead of them up the slope had received a frantic call from Alexi, his uncle. It was vague, something up the Camdens causing trouble and fixing to start a war or something like that, Radomir hadn’t bothered to question, he had simply obeyed. And now here he was, leading his three-man unit up the side of a mountain in a near whiteout towards the biggest gun the Gratislavs had.

“We already drilled this fucking month Radomir, what, not two goddamn weeks ago, what the hell is this all about!” The screaming of the rear man in the formation almost didn’t reach Radomir, the strong winds nearly drowning his voice. “It was my lunch break dammit, I’m gonna get fired from the shop if I don’t get a note or something!”

“Shut the hell up Jaylek, this ain’t a drill, the Camdens is up to something, apparently they nearly killed Kristijan and shot Jardan when they came across the bridge looking for him.” Radomir didn’t bother to stop and address the man, simply shouting over his shoulder as he continued up the rough path. “Alexi told us to get on the gun, so we’re getting the gun. We ain’t loading training rounds neither, this may be the real fucking grade a deal.”

The man stopped for a moment, shock overcoming him before he continued on, eager not to be left behind. “The real deal? We gon shell fucking Teumair?” Incredulousness filled the man’s voice, a tinge of fear also present as he fought past his two comrades and brought himself right behind Radomir. “Can we even do that, like legally, ain’t we gonna get in some serious trouble?”

“We ain’t shelling Temuair you fucking idiot, at least not yet. These bastards is pretty much declaring war on us, so we’ll hit em if they come across the fucking bridge and refuse to go back where they belong. After that we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.” As Radomir finished speaking he rounded a corner in the trail, the wind dying down as he came into a sheltered and leveled alcove. Before him, a wooden bunker, or rather a wooden mineshaft that now served as a bunker was cut into the side of the mountain. In front of it, a series of camo netting concealed what they had come here for, an almost ancient AOT 43 flak cannon. “Get in the bunker and get the shit ready!”

The three men followed Radomir and did as commanded, prying open the heavy iron door to the mineshaft and clambering inside. One of them flicked a flashlight to life, and then a series of lighter sparked, followed by several lanterns that were mounted on the wall flaring to life. “Get the rifles Jaylek, Rodion grab the ammunition, and you.” Radomir pointed at the remaining man who wasn’t running deeper into the shaft, “Help me get one of the box of shells out to the fucking gun.” The man responded immediately of course, moving opposite of Radomir and lifting one of the heavy wooden boxes off the ground.

They carried the heavy box out into the snow, carefully setting it next to the gun before removing the netting from the artillery piece itself. Jayek, his arms filled with three M70 rifles and a single M77B1 battlerifle came out next, followed quickly by Rodion who held a green ammunition box in each hand. Jayek distributed the rifles, handing the M77 to Radomir, before loading his own rifle and setting it next to the gun. “Alright then boys, let’s get this son of a bitch loaded and cranked up.” Radomir didn’t bother to wait for a response, pulling the top of the shell crate open and lifting one of the rounds out. Jayked threw open the back of the gun, pulling open the breach with a creek, and then moved out of the ways as Radomir slammed it home.

Rodion and the other man then began to crank the side of the weapon, elevating the barrel and turning it to face the general direction of the bridge between Temuair and Gratislavia. Radomir withdrew a small map from his pocket, contemplating the grids carefully before speaking. “Alrighty boys, elevation fifteen degrees, bearing northwest at two hundred and seventy degrees.” The gun moved as he commanded, the barrel lowering slightly and the direction adjustment moving it slightly more to the left.

“So we may actually be fucking doing this then, this ain’t no joke?” Jayek again spoke up, the same tone of disbelief filling his voice. “I can’t believe it.”

“You better fucking believe it,” Radomir spoke as he stuffed the map back in his pocket, replacing it with his cellphone which he flipped open. “These Aislings think they can do whatever the fuck they want, invade our country, kill our kin, blame their hard times on us. I ain’t fucking havin’ it, them bastards come back and start shooting, we’ll blow em right to fucking oblivion where they belong."

Republic of Gratislavia
Outside Novak
4:05 P.M.

The Sala N-56 buzzed high over the valley, it's aging prop laboriously spinning in time with the staccato of the plane's engine. The sun had begun to sink low now, just barely peeking out over the edges of the mountains that surrounded this place out of time on all sides. The plane was flying low, high enough to avoid most ground fire, but low enough to provide the pilot with a clear visual of what was occurring on the Aisling side of the river. What he saw disquieted him severely, and indeed he had to look twice to make sure his eyes weren't failing him. There was no way Camden could be this stupid, this reckless, it surely must have been a trick of the light or pilot fatigue. But no, as the pilot brought his plane around for another sweeping pass of the river valley he was sure of what he saw. Eleven vehicles of various shapes and sizes were fighting their way up a foothill almost directly north of Bochannan; and behind them, the unmistakable protruding barrels of six Aisling 105mm artillery cannons were in tow. It was almost like something out of a Dnieugan war movie, modern artillery pieces being maneuvered into position, readying to strike some enemy of Skandera. But they weren't targeting foreigners this time, they were getting ready to shoot at Gratislavs.

The pilot made one more sweep of the scene, still not believing his eyes, before at last activating his transceiver and screaming into it. "This is Icepick to Big Bear, Icepick to Big Bear, we got a fuckin' problem up here."

A static filled and garbled response filled his cockpit, eventually clearing and allowing the stern voice of Alexi to cut through his disbelief. "Talk to me Icepick, whatcha seeing up thar boy?"

"Fucking looneybin Aislings is fixin' to shell the fuck out of us, they got six of them damn mountain guns they's always showing off up on a fucking hill, all set up in a line and getting ready to fire." The pilot's voice grew frantic as the scene below him unfolded, the guns being wheeled next to one another in a straight line, with a rather diminutive looking canvas tent capping off their right flank. "They's even got a tent and everything, probably Horas himself sitting up there laughing at us right this fucking minute!"

The static came through again, and then the rage-filled voice of Alexi once again engulfed the pilot's world. "Now you listen here boy, they thinks they can come across that fucking river and do what they damn well please? Well there's wrong godsdammit!" There was a pause on the line, and then Alexi returned, louder and even angrier than before. "I told them dumb fucks in Bedero that thar wadn't no treaty in the world that could keep them Aislings from disrespecting us and our kin, now they're fixin to wipe us all out with some fancy-ass cannons that some pansy pilot from Dinsmar gave em to keep em from burning down their own towns? I don't fuckin' think so! You take them sonsofbitches out right this goddamn minute!"

The pilot released an audible gulp, indecision and fear still clouding his mind as he once again brought the plane around and cast a sweeping gaze over the valley. "I don' know about that Big Bear, firing on Aislings in Temuair, I could lose my job!"

"I'll shoot you down my fucking self and hang your firstborn from a light pole if you don't blow them shitstains off the map this instance you moron!" Alexi's voice peaked with rage now, hatred seeming to literally seep over the radio, "They can't fucking do whatever they like just cause that half-ass Emperor Availa gave em shiny toys. You're a Gratislav godsdammit, start fuckin' actin' like one!"

"Rodger that Big Bear, Icepick beginning attack run." The pilot's voice cracked with nervousness as he brought the plane around for a final time, the engine laboring loudly as he pulled a sharp turn and then began to quickly descend. Before him, he could see the Aisling position, the guns shining brightly in the late-day sun. He nosed the plane down further, rapidly losing altitude and gaining speed as the small prop plane bore down on the artillery position. He was two thousand feet away now, the orange reticule in the center of his plane beginning to line up with the guns. Fifteen hundred feet now, he squeezed lightly on the trigger embedded into the front of his flight-stick, the quiet purr of the 7.7mm machine guns mounted on the wings sputtering to life as they grazed the dirt in front of the guns. One thousand feet now, he was close, his guns still sputtering as he led the target in. At seven hundred feet from target he depressed the single red button on the side of his flight-stick, and in an instance, it felt like all the air had left his lungs.

The plane nearly came to a dead stop, recoil rocking it's airframe as it staggered and sputtered. Beneath each of its' wings, a rocket-pod roared to life, the tell-tale sound of twenty four fwooshes denoting a successful barrage launch. They raced out away from the plane at tremendous speeds, and indeed the pilot might have found their orange glare quite aesthetically pleasing if he hadn't been struggling to control the yawing and pitching plane, only just bringing it level and pulling away from the scene in time.

"Icepick to Big Bear, I shot at the fuckers..."
Last edited by Gratislavia on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Temuair
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Temuair » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Empire of Temuair
Beriso Division
Camran Lower Field, Outside Bochanan
4:15 PM

Chester Camran, cousin to Horas Camran and commander of A Battery, 3rd Company, 4th Mountaineer Artillery Battalion, was standing over the plotting board laid out on a camping table set up in the shade of a much used and frayed olive drab tent. The topographical maps laid out on the table depicted the elevation of the Bochanan Gap on both the Aisling and Gratislavian side of the borer, each section plotted into grid squares. He hated laying in his guns by hand, and very much hated forming manual firing solutions. He wished that the goons in the Imperial Army, or even the Home Guard, would share some of their fancy satellite navigation transceivers with the militia.

Then again, he sometimes wondered if his men would be smart enough to use them.

Chester Camran was not an unintelligent man, nor was he as backward as his six-foot seven frame an 350 pounds of muscle, or his distinct Astridian features made him appear to be. A full citizen, he had completed a a single term in the Imperial Army before separating honorably and turning home to Astrdia. He gladly took on the role of commanding one of the two artillery batteries stationed in the area, meant to support the First Company of the 3rd Mountaineers Rifles; the very unit his cousin Horas commanded, the very unit that was now dispersing into firing positions in the river valley below.

While not a stupid man, Chester did have a flaw, as all men do. A flaw that landed him in trouble numerous times in his 34 years of life. When Horas had called a said that some damn Markovitch had come across the river, defiled his cousin Caitlin, destroyed Horas truck, and then, when Horas and his clan had gone to get their due, had been shot at, some of them wounded, it sent Chester into a fit of rage so profound it caused him to cease applying logic to the situation. All he knew was that Horas needed his help, needed his guns and his men, to pay those gods damned Markovitch's back, and Chester was never one to leave one of his clan to fend for himself.

Even still, he failed to grasp the full scope of the situation, or even the full scope of Horas' anger. He simply figured Horas would have them deploy, maybe fire a few rounds into the river or an empty field to scare the Gratislavs, and then they'd call it a day. Pack up, maybe head to Horas' and roast a pig, get drunk and call the whole thing an unscheduled exercise.

Alieen, the units young radio operator, looked up from the ancient Emerian manpack radio set up on another tale in the tent and said “Chester, Horas down at the river wants to know if the guns is ready yet. Says them Gratislav's are getting uppity.”

Chester stalked to the tent flap and threw it back “Are the damn guns ready yet?” Outside in the filed, six Brais Roi Arsenal GM-105 pack howitzers stood arrayed in a horizontal line, the field littered with the vehicles that had transported the guns and their seven man crews to Bochanan. The smaller Dnieguin-made G-vagon utility vehicles, used to two the light cannons, had been moved back towards the tree line to the east, and the gun crews were lugging heavy ammunition boxes from the truck's beds to the hastily dug gun pits. If this were a real conflict, Chester would have ordered the guns spread out, and camouflage netting spread over top to conceal them from enemy air, but he highly doubted-

A faint drone caught his attention, drawing his gaze to the sky. There, above them, a small prop driven monoplane was circling. With the gun crews busy preparing their guns, and the unit not having any infantry t provide them security, the plane had gone unnoticed. He nearly ripped the tent flap off as he storde from it, ducking under the low hanging frame, and strode to one of the gun “Do you not see that fucking plane up there?”

Several men shook their heads, though one man from a nearby gun crew pipped up “We saw it, sir, you know we did. It's just a plane.”

“You half-witted sack of shit, it could be a fucking Gratislav plane. What if we was really at war, that son of a bitch could have relayed our position, could have-”

“Hey look, he's coming lower.” one of the other men shouted. Chester looked up in time to see the plane sailing lower as it swung out in a wide arc away from the guns position. Lower now, maybe at 1,000 feet, it bored in on the field. In the dwindling sunlight of dusk, Chester saw light dazzle from posliehd metal under the aircrafts wings.

“Oh my God, it is a fucking Gratislav plane, and its got fucking rockets. Run you morons!” Chester said, as fire began to erupt from the ends of the tubes. Even with realization dawning, it was too late. The 57 mm rockets lashed the artillery position, tossing dirt, men and equipment into the air as the explosions ripped into the formation. Chester had taken only a single step towards the trees when the explosive force lifted him off his feet, tossing the giant man around like a rag doll. He felt searing hit and sharp impacts against his body, though that sensation would soon be overcome by nothingness.

Empire of Temuair
Beriso Division
Bochanan
4:22 PM

Horas had established his headquarters in the small building that served as Bocanan's post office and police station, and was eager to show those Gratslavs he meant business. Since his forces had dug in on this side of the river, the Gratislav's had taken up position on the other bank and the two sides had been exchanging small arms fire in limited spurts since about 2:30 pm. Reinforcements, including more of Hora's company, and another platoon of militia from up north had arrived around 4 pm,. led by Horas' younger brother Ellar, and had been sent to reenforce the line along the river. Local cops and armed citizens bolstered their numbers to almost an full company’s worth of troops. The local police ahd closed the roads leading into Bochanan, tuning what scant traffic there was on those roads back the way they'd come with a tale of mudslides blocking the way ahead.

All he needed now was the signal from Chester that his guns were ready to fire. The second battery he had called from, lead by his nephew Donaidh, had been late in arriving, and were still deploying out at the abandoned Sutton place. As he stared at the radio transmitter set up on counter in the police station, the sound of distant explosions, sounding like rolling thunder in the mountains washed over the town

“What in the depths of the Dubhaimid was that? It aint a-posed to rain today.” he asked breathlessly, striding to the open window to get a better look. “I hope one of those damn fool cannon cockers didn't accidentally blow thems all up.” Walking out not the building porch, he scanned the hillside leading towards where the guns and been set up in his own lower field. Wisps of black smoke began drifting over the tree tops and his spotted a small black dot circling the area, sometimes obscured by the rising smoke. As he studied the scene, realization began to dawn upon hm,

“Son of the a bitch!” he roared, ripping the hat, his garrison cap proclaiming his ran as a militia captain, from his head and threw it onto the porch. “Them gods damn, low down, double crossing Markovitch snakes done got themselevs a gods damn airplane!” He rushed back inside and was stopped short by the look of terror on the young radio operators face. “Theys all gone Horas!” he nearly wailed “Alls of them.”

Horas snatched the microphone from the boys and snarling “Get your shit together, boy. This is a war now.” Keying the mic, he called “This is Mountaineer to Farshot, Chester, what the fuck is going on?”

Through the static, a terrified voice replied “Chester is down! They're all down. That gods durned airplane fucking shootin' rockets at us. Took out all the fuckin guns. All we got left are the vagons!”

Glancing at the radio operating next to him, Horas keyed the mic “Boy, you mind me now, you best get your shit together now. See if you can find any wounded or survivors, and get out of there, come on down here with em and see Miss Sally at the clinic.” Thrusting the mic back at the operating, Horas said “You best call up Donaidh and the other battery out near old Sutton place, and tell him to get under cover. That fuckin plane liable see them too and put paid to em . Tell em get they camo up and get them damn guns laid in before I have to come up there. When they're ready, tell them to paste that shit ass Gratislav town with HE.”

Horas left the police station and strode down to the water front, reflexively ducking into a run off ditch as a round tore through the air mere meters away from him. The defenders had used sandbags and concrete jersey walls pilfered from the nearby highway department storage lot to build makeshift defenses at the lip of the drainage ditch, using it as a makeshift trench. Beyond the ditch, there was about fifty feet of gently sloping ground before it reached the Lumen River below. Horas saw two men moving towards him up the run off ditch towards him.

“Stay down Horas, some of these Gratislav bitches aint bad shots.” Sheriff Eòsaph Vilar called. clutching an elderly IRAC-44 self-loading rifle to his chest, following him was Lùcas, still carrying the Dnieguin made battle rifle he'd used to such good effect up the road during the ambush in Gratislavia.

“Whats going on da?” Lùcas asked, “We heard the explosions and saw the plane flying off back towards Gratislavia.”

“Fucking Gratislavs suckered us, using that gods damn plane was unfair, but what do you expect from snakes like the Markovitch's?” Horas said, causing Eòsaph to spit into the mud and dirt at upon hear the name. “Shot up Chester's people, probably killed em all but that boy Alieen. You need to get your men on getting the civies out of here, tell em to head up to my place, I'll tell Caitlin and some of the others to get ready for em. Tell em its a fucking barn dance or something, we don't want to be scaring them now.”

“Godsdamn” Lùcas whispered on the heels of the series of curses streaming from Eòsaph's mouth, “You could never trust them fuckers, I tell you Hoas. We'll take care of getting them clear.” Eòsaph declared.

“I know that, Sheriff, and that's why I come down here. They're liable to try something any time now, so be ready, a hear? We're gonna need some air defense though.”

“Ayup, Horas. We'll be ready for em.” Eòsaph declared "As to the air defense, let me make a call. Muh brother is in the militia too."

"He aint kin to us." Horas reminded him

"He's kin to me, and I'm friend to you. He'll come when I call."

Horas considered for a moment. "Do it."

Empire of Temuair
Beriso Division
Sutton Place, Outside Bochanan
5:31 PM

“You best get these damn guns laid in our Horas is gonna come up here and beat you all senseless” Militia Second Lieutenant Donaidh Breac called as he strode past one of the gun pits. The whole process was taking far too long for his liking, even accounting for having to dig actual gun pits for the guns and string the camouflage netting from the nearby trees. The evening light had already cast a shadow to the mountain over the town below, and the tall fur trees in the field were sending long spears of shadow across the churned up ground. He bellowed again “You better hope that fucking Gratislav plane don't see the see you cocksuckers made. Liable kill us all!”

“Why dont you get down here and help us then, chickensit?” Someone called from the darkness.

“Who said that? By the gods I'll hang you from the nearest tree you cock knocking whore son. Why, I'll skin you alive, you no neck son of a bitch!” Shouting obscenities at his men, he never heard the soft thudding of hoofs beating the the earth below approaching.

“Best calm yourself Donaidh. The damned Gratislavs'll hear you.” a soft voice said from behind him. Donaidh jumped and spun, clutching at the PA-57 pistol holstered at his side. His eyes registered the form sitting stop a horse no more than ten feet away in the dim light and recognized his cousin Lùcas a moment later, all while his hand was still trying to undo the flap covered the pistol's butt.

Lùcas shook his head. “You need to get your shit together. My pa saw you like this, he'd skin you alive.”

“Whore sons aren't working fast enough.” Donaidh offered in meager protest.

“That's what Da says, sent me up here to see whats going on.” He raised his voice “What say you men, you ready to give those Markovitch's whores what for?”

Another form, shadowed by the dying light, approached the two men, the faded chverons on his uiform jacket proclaiming the man to be a sergeant first class. “Lùcas? That you boy? Its me, uncle Gillebeart, tell your pa we're ready when he is. These guns is as laid in as I can get em. We're aimed in on the opposite bank of the river, and were loaded with HE. He got someone who can give us corrections down there?”

“Pa said fire when ready, Uncle. He said he'd walk your fire in himself.”

Gillebeart then turned to Donaidh “You ready to give the command, or did you want to shout some more?”

Donaidh bristled at the comment and shouted “Fire one, high explosive”

Empire of Temuair
Beriso Division
Bochanan
5:39 PM

Another ripple of explosive thunder roared out of the mountains above the town, echoing through the Gap.

“Watch for the shots fall, gods dammit and call it out!” Horas shouted into his hand-held radio, peering out of the police station's window towards the water front. He'd ordered one of his men to set up in the school house bell tower to watch for the incoming fire and direct it as necessary. After several moments of nothing, Horas keyed the radio “You fucking missed it, didn’t you?”

“Nay, Horas, I saw it. Came down in the water sent up one hell of a splash Tell them boys go up fifty meters and fire again.” Horas looked to the radio operating in the police station, who nodded and relayed the information to Donaidh battery. Moments later, a second ripple of thunder shook the town, and after several tense moments, the hand-held crackled to life. “I see it, the marking smoke is right among em. Tell them boys to fucking fire for effect, and send them sons a bitches all the way back the Bedero!”
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Gratislavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Republic of Gratislavia
Mt. Milenko
5:55 P.M.

”Gods fucking a goat, they’re shelling the town!” The thundering echoes of the second battery of Aisling 105mm guns nearly drowned out the terrified screams of Radomir. He couldn’t believe his eyes, it was like he had walked out of the real world and into a war film. Novak, the scenic river town that dominated the Gratislavian side of the river, was alight with flames as the high explosive Aisling cannon rounds continued to slam into it. Gazing through his binoculars, he could see people, appearing almost like ants at this distance, running for their lives as round after round slammed into the town. His heart dropped with fear as he watched a sandbag barricade shatter in a great plume of dust as a round struck it, tossing several of the riflemen who had been behind it high into the sky before plunging them back down to the earth again without fanfare or grace. Paralyzed with fear, he could only watch on as his hometown was battered from the sky.

He felt something, no someone shaking him. One of the men under his command, no, the boy Jaylek under his command, was shaking his shoulder. He was screaming something that Radomir couldn’t hear over the sound of his own fear, desperately trying to snap his commander out of the fear-induced trance that kept his gaze fixated on the small town that continued to take shell after shell. “Godsdammit Radomir, snap the fuck out of it, Alexi is on the radio!” Jaylek continued to scream, nearly beating the petrified Radomir, to no affect. “You fucking moron, help us out here you crazy son of a bitch!” With a great effort, Jaylek drew back his fist, and then plunged it into Radomir’s face, cleanly knocking the Gratislav off his feet.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, I’ll fucking kill you, you insolent little shit!” Radomir was out of his trance now, scrambling across the ground to tackle the legs of Jaylek and knock him off his feet. In an instant he was on top of him, drawing his fists back over and over as he mercilessly pounded the younger man below him. “You can’t fucking hit me, I’m your superior fucking officer you dumb little shit, I’ll fucking destroy you!” Radomir continued his beating, even as the other two men under his command ran over to try and pry him off. “You assholes get the fuck off of me, this little fuck has got this coming!”

“Big Bear to Crow’s Nest, Big Bear to fucking Crow’s Nest, what the hell are you moronic sons of bitches doing up there!” Radomir froze mid punch, locking in place as the static garble from the artillery point’s radio filled the air, the telltale rage of Alexi’s voice nearly being drowned out by the booming of the 105s that continued to fire. “They’re killing us down here Crow’s Nest, what the fuck are you idiots doing upo there, I need counter-battery right this fucking instant!”

The static screams of Alexi at last broke Radomir out of his rage-induced psychosis, causing him to roll over off the young boy, spring to his feet and then pull the terrified Jaylek up after him. “Look man, things got a little fucking crazy there, and I’m real sorry.” Radomir raised his hand in apology, and then quickly lowered it as he watched the young Gratislav shirk away from him in fear. “Look, we can talk about that shit that just went down later, right fucking now we gotta get this gun firing, can you do that for me man?” Radomir had an almost pleading look on his face as he implored the young Gratislav to help him, “Look I’m sorry, shit got crazy there and I fucked up, but we can’t waste time with this now. I need your help with this fucking gun man!”

Jaylek bore an incredulous look upon his face, sizing Radomir up as he stepped back from the previously mad Gratislav. “Alright den’, but don’ go thinkin’ I’m forgivin’ you fore that asswhooping you sack of shit.” Jaylek offered a snide grin, “I’ll kick the fuck out you when we get done with these dumb shit Aisling cocksuckers.”

“Good fucking man!” Radomir smacked the boy on his shoulder before turning to sprint over to the radio, picking up the transceiver and slamming the button on the side. “This is Crow’s Nest to Big Bear, ready to provide counter battery on your mark.”

Static came over the line in response, and for a moment, Radomir’s heart sunk once again as he feared the worst .But then, the sultry and rage-filled voice of Alexi filled the air once again. “Well by all means Crow’s Nest, don’t wait on us you fucking idiots, get that gun going now!”

“Right away Uncle Alexi!” Radomir slammed the transceiver back onto the radio, then turned quickly to face his crew. “Alright boys, this is the real fucking deal!” As if to truncate his point, another barrage of Aisling shells struck the town in the back ground, echoing like thunder throughout the valley. “We need to get this gun firing on their battery, and we need to do it right this fucking minute, now let’s get to work!” Radomir didn’t bother to wait for a response, vaulting the low table that held the radio and beginning to crank the gun up. “Rodion, see if you can give me some coordinates to fire on, you two gimmie a hand with this thing.”

In response, the one called Radion scrambled down on all fours, searching frantically for the binoculars that Radomir had dropped in his earlier scuffle with Jaylek. Retrieving them, het set to work scanning the opposite side of the river, and then shouted back to the other three men who were hard at work adjusting the gun. “Adjust elevation 52 degrees, bearing 233 degrees, fire when ready!” Rodion’s raspy voice filled the position, and then was cut off by a single solitary boom as the crew managed to crank the gun into position and fire.

“Good fucking work, keep that fire coming!” The static-filled voice of Alexi once again filled the air as the AOT 43 launched another round into the air. “We’ll show these Aisling horsefuckers how we do it in Gratislavia!”

Temuair
Camdan Household
7:45 P.M.

”Icepick to Big Bear, Icepick to Big Bear, requesting confirmation for target.” The same Sala N-56 that had assaulted the Aisling 105mm Battery flew again, sweeping of the river valley at a much higher altitude to avoid what would have surely been a violent reaction from the Aislings who were not well aware of its activities.

“I told you ten times before Icepick, you know the goddamn target, now get on with it!” Alexi’s voice filled the cockpit of the single seat plane yet again, and like before, inspired a sense of dread in the solemn faced pilot.

“Alright then,” the pilot responded rather nonchalantly, banking his plane left and bringing it slightly lower as it crossed over the river and the artillery duel that was now occurring below. “Coming in on target, firing at will.”

“Yeah yeah, that’s what I like to hear Icepick. Don’t worry son, the only ones up there are Horas and his command staff, that fuckin’ coward has got to be hiding in his house.” Alexi’s voice shone with confidence and self-assuredness, two qualities that the pilot himself did not possess. “Give a good run, and then get the hell out of there, we don’t want the fuckers taking you down before they surrender!”

“Yes sir, Icepick out.” The pilot switched off his transceiver, a feeling of great guilt and indecision rising in his stomach as he slowly lowered the plane. As he broke through the clouds, he could see the scene below clearly. Novak was burning, several of the houses and municipal buildings had been reduced to mere rubble, and yet still, the Gratislavs hung onto their position, fighting from bombed out houses and sandbag emplacements. The school was on fire, and he prayed that the civilians hadn’t been mustered there. This had gotten ridiculous, no, this had gotten inhumane. Hanging a boy up for sleeping with yoru daughter was one thing, but bombing a town and starting a war? The pilot contemplated this as he pushed on the throttle, a sense of determination starting to grow within him. ”They’ve got this fucking coming, they’ve got this and so much more fucking coming.”

The pilot was really throttling now, pushing the plane into a steep dive as he raced over the town of Bochannan and further into the mountainous valley. Before him, his target at last appeared, the Camdan Homestead. In an instant the pilot flicked his transceiver back on and screaming into it, ”Icepick to Big Bear, beginning attack run!”

Just like before the pilot began walking his strike in with a series of machinegun bursts, throwing up dirt and dust in his path as he approached the collection of houses. Before him, four buildings stood out; the main house, a barn, one of the children’s houses, and what was probably a tool shed. Around them he could see people scrambling, running about terrified to get away from the drone of his engines that must have been all too loud to the wretched soldiers of Horas’ shit-show of an army. A few of the sorry sonsofbitches ran his direction, lazily offering themselves as targets to his still roaring guns. He offered a faint smile as she saw a pair of them become nothing more than tattered flesh and sinew, there was no time to revel in his victory though, he was on his target now.

With a great cry of “Burn you fuckers,” the pilot slammed the same fire button he had before. This time however, there were no rocket pods. Instead, eight 128mm rockets, four on each wing, roared to life and shot away from the small plane with a loud fwoosh. The plane rocked with a fury again, a fury that indeed outmatched the strike of before, but as it always had, stayed together and stayed true as the pilot quickly brought it out of its dive. He swung around, high and left, and dared a look at the scene below him.

All four of the buildings were gone, or nearly gone in any event. The bombed out frame of the main house was alight with fire, and indeed the pilot could make out a few miniscule forms running about crazily in the wake of his attack. It was good, it was all very good indeed. He’d probably killed Horas, and if he hadn’t most of his command staff was now dead and that would surely bring him to the negotiating table. The pilot offered them a broad grin, wagging his wings over the carnage below him, before at last climbing higher and racing back words the border.

“Icepick to Big Bear, good effect on target…”

Republic of Gratislavia
Novak
11:22 P.M.

The sun had at last set on the first day of fighting, and in truth, it did bring some degree of respite for the bedraggled defenders of Novak and Alexi Markovitch. They had extinguished the fire that had been raging in the school, and while much of the town was rubble, and many of their fighters were dead, it was a small comfort that many of the civilians had managed to retreat further into the river valley away from the conflict zone. This should have been a time for rest, a time to repair their defensive emplacements and prepare for the dawn when the Aislings would assuredly begin their assault again. Alexi however, had other plans. To his knowledge, Horas was dead, and the Aislings would need only one more push before they agreed to capitulate.

And for this reason, and this reason alone, Alexi was now leading his men to the riverfront where a series of small boats awaited them. “Alright boys, you know the plan, stick together and once we get across the river know your surroundings. They’ll give up, but probably not right away, so we gotta be on our toes and ready to kill if necessary.” Alexi climbed into the nearest boat, careful not to knock his M70 assault rifle against the side or make too much noise as he gestured for his compatriots to do the same. “Stay together, stay cool, and we’ll get through this in a couple of hours. If anything goes to shit, just protect the boat with the dynamite!”

Alexi’s voice was but a whisper, and yet still it carried across the assembled men, particularly to two of them that carried a rather abundant amount of dynamite between them. On command, they followed him, his eldest son and four others climbing into the same boat as Alexi, while the others climbed into the various small bobbing vessels tethered next to him. They all stilled themselves, muffling their movements before at last Alexi pushed his small boat away from the shore. Without command, the others followed, a total of nine boats not including the one that was v-lining towards the bridge and laden with dynamite.

The enormity of their actions would never occur to them, but indeed, this was the first time Gratislavs had entered Temuar in many centuries…

Temuair
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Temuair » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Empire of Temuair
Beriso Division
Bochanan
11:14 pm

Lùcas sat in silence at one of the many desks littering the back room of the co-opted Bochanan police station. Horas faced the room furiously, chain smoking cigarettes, often throwing down a half-smoked butt with a curse before lighting a new one an instant later. Lùcas reflected that he had never seen his father so anxious, nor so angry.

Not that he doesn't have a good reason. Lùcas thought, his own mind seething with anger. A little after 8, a rider, one of the men who'd been charged with evacuating the civilians from the village and shepherding them up to the Camran residence, and ridden into town, bleeding profusely from several deep cuts across his face, his right arm dangling useless at his side. He reported that an airplane had attacked the house, unleashing a torrent of rockets that and obliterated the homestead as well as the tow large barns. Worse, he reported that he did not think anyone had survived the blast. Horas had been furious, and ordered Eòsaph to take some of his men and as many of the volunteer firefighters he could round up, up to the house and sort out what happened.

After that, they'd waited anxiously in the police station. Lùcas had ordered Breac's 105's to cease fire after some near misses from the Gratislav eighty-eight entrenched on the other side of the gap. The two guns had dueled throughout the last hours, firing probing shots, trying to knock the other out of the fight. Lùcas was sure that that damned Gratislav plane would be back with the dawn to scout, and he'd told Btrac to pack his guns up and move them to new firing positions. When that murdering bastard of a pilot comes back, though, he's going to be in for a rude surprise.. Lùcas thought with a feral grin.

Eòsaph had been as good as his word, and his brother Alasdair had arrived with the means to put paid to that damnable Gratislav contraption once and for all. Dispersed around Breac's battery with a handful dug in around the village itself, were 12 guns B Battery, 5th Mountaineer Air Defense Artillery Battalion. Lùcas was sure the 40 mm automatic cannons would make short work of that lumbering plane.

Heavy footfalls on the wooden steps leading up to the front door snapped Lùcas out of his thoughts. He looked up to see Eòsaph, covered in sweat and soot, followed by an equally filthy fire captain, entering the building. Horas whirled at the sound of the men entering the building, tossing his still smoldering cigarette to the floor. “What!” he demanded “What is it?!”

“Horas, I...” Eòsaph began

“Spit it out, gods damn it!” Horas shouted

“Its all gone, Horas.” Eòsaph said. “The house as rubble, burning when we arrive, so were the barns. There was...well...there was bodies..pieces of em...all over the grounds.”

Horas stared blankly at the sheriff for a moment “My wife? My daughters?”

“We don't know, Horas.” Eòsaph said, trying to sound soothing. “The boys'll try to pull anyone alive out of the rubble but...we didn't find no survivors thus far. Its unlikely were going to. We'll be a while diggin' the remains out, you ken, what with all the fire and such.”

Lùcas expected his father to erupt like an active volcano, spewing obscenities and curses at everyone in the room. He expected him to smash things, break stuff, hurl items at the closet person. What happened, however, was the last thing Lùcas expected. Horas sank heavily into a chair, which threatened to snap under the extreme weight placed upon it. He buried his face in his hands and his shoulder heaved with sobs.

“Pa...” Lùcas began, unsure how to comfort the man who had taught him that crying was for women.

“Don't, boy. Leave the man be.” Eòsaph said “That's a hard blow you know.”

“You say that like it wasn't my kin laid low by those sonofbitch Gratislavs Eòsaph.” Lùcas said, feeling his anger rising. “You think I don't know how that blow feels?”

“Of course you do, son.” Eòsaph said, it's just that-”

What it was never left Eòsaph's mouth. One of the militiamen burst through the front door. “Sir! There's boats in the water, Graislavs! They's acomin right now!”

Eòsaph and Lùcas both looked to Horas, who seemed not to hear the militiamen. Eòsaph gently prodded Horas “Horas, old man, you hear? Them sons of bitches are crossing the river. We got to act.” The sheriff began to walk towards the sobbing gaint, when Lùcas grabbed his arm “No use, let hi grieve. We'll get his vengeance for him.” Picking u his rifle, Lùcas waved to towards the river, where the first sounds of rifle and machine gun fire were beginning to ring out. “Lets go.”

Empire of Temuair
Beriso Division
Moreland Place, Outside Bochanan
11:26 PM

“Donaidh! Donaidh!” a young militiamen called, groping wildly at the tent flap, “You got to wake up now!”

Donaidh Breac, commanding B Battery, 3rd Company, 4th Mountaineer Artillery Battalion, having oversaw the movement of his guns and their subsequent emplacement in a fallow field outside of town, had retired to his tent believing his rest to be well earned. Now, what felt like mere moments after sleep and claimed him, this young upstart was trying to literally tear his tent apart to get his attention

“What in the dark depths of Dubhaimid do you think you're doing, you whore son?” he shouted, ripping the tent flap open from the inside. “I have half a mind to shoot you, you lame brained fucking inbred fool, for disbursing me like that.”

“But, but sir!” the militiamen pleaded, “I was ju-”

“Never mind what you was just and tell me what you want, moron!” Breac nearly screamed.

Sergeant Gillebeart Camran shook his head in the darkness “Leave offa him Donaidh, you limp dick sack of shit, and listen!”

Stunned into silence, Donaidh ceased his protesting and listened. In the distance, hear could hear faint pops and cracks, not unlike fireworks. Donaidh, considered a fool by many, had grown up in Astridia, and knew distant gunfire when he heard it. “By the gods, theys fighting down there.”

Gillebeart nodded “Battle don't stop cause you're sleepy.” he said gently. “We need to get hem on the horn and get them some support.”

“We can't fire without spotters, we'll hit our own.” Donaidh protested

“Aye. But we can give em light to see by.” Gillebeart replied before bellowing “One round, illumination, fuze VT, fire when ready!”

Empire of Temuair
Beriso Division
Bochanan
11:37 pm

“Thank the gods above those lazy sonofbitch cannon men got off they're asses.” one of the militiamen down the line from Lùcas shouted as the bright white illuminations flares bathed the river valley in high intensity glow. The Gratislavs had managed to cross nearly the entire river before being spotted,and several boats were already ashore.

“Ya'll boys better fix your bayonets while you can, there’s bound t be some close in work to be done!” Lùcas shouted as he drew the 6 inch bayonet from its scabbard and fixed it to the end of the IRAC-44 rifle. Stepping up to the firing line, he shoulder his rifle and fired, watching one of the shadowy invaders topple over. “Fuck you!” Lùcas shouted before attempting to track a new target. After firing several more rounds and emptying his magazine, Lùcas dropped back into the trench, and pulled his walkie talkie from his pouch. “Cormac, are you there?”

Cormac, the spotted Horas had sent into the school house tower, responded at once “Aye, Lùcas, were is ya pa?”

“Never mind him, you got to get a hold of Donaidh and guide their fire. “

“Nay lad, they're in too close, you ken? Like as not the shot's fall on you.” Cormac replied. “I've got muh rifle up here, plugging holes in their boats. That's the best you're gonna get from me!”

With a curse, Lùcas thrust the radio back into his pouch and reloaded his rifle. A pee over the top showed that several more boats and landed, men spilling out onto the sandy shore below. He raised his rifle and took aim, firing another magazine into the advancing Gratislav formation. “We have push them back.” Ellar Camran shouted “Cant let em get a foothold. If they do, they'll bring more across and it'll be ten times harder to dig em out.”

“We'll charge em then.” Lùcas said firmly

“Now, that's not what I meant boy, we can pick em off from-”

“Fuck that, Ellar, they'd killed uh ma, they killed muh sissa, I want blood, you get it?” Lùcas replied

Ellar regarded him for a moment and nodded “I get it, boy, but it's not what needs to be-”

Both men turned towards a militiamen trotting up the trench towards them “Sir! They'd got men on the bridge. I don't know what theys doin but it can't be no good!”

Ellar looked at Lùcas, who nodded “Probably fixin to blow it up.”

“Like as not you're right Lucas.” Ellar said before regarding the runner “Run on up the river and tell those guys north of the bridge to shag ass down there and clear off those bitches.”

“Charge them Ellar.” Lùcas said again

“Alright boy.” Ellar said before raising his voice and shouting “Forward boys, at them. Run them off this gods damn beach and throw them back into the river.” Putting their words into action, Ellar, Lùcas and dozens of others clambered over the top of the trench and sprained down the embankment, screaming obscenities and brandishing their rifles. The charging forces slammed into the advancing Gratislavs.

Lùcas slammed his bayonet into the shoulder of one of the Gratislavs, the blade catching on the bone. Pulling the trigger, he pulled the rifle back and set to stab another when he caught a familiar sight bathed in the harsh white light of the illumination rounds. Whirling, he shouted “Alexi Markovitch. you murdering son of a bitch, you're gonna get yours now!”. Alexi stired at the call, and began to bring his rifle to bare, but Lùcas already had him dead in his sights. Just as he squeezed the trigger, the Gratislav he'd stabbed and shot previously, somehow still alive on the ground, drove his dagger into Lùcas leg, sending him sprawling. The shot went wide, catching Alexi in the left arm, sending him sprawling to the dirt when it should have plowed through his midsection and ended his life.

Ellar, standing behind Lùcas, pointed his own rifle down and shot the wounded Gratislav in the head. Laughing in triumph, Ellar turned just in time to catch a burst from Alexi's own M70 assault rile. The attack sent him toppling to the ground. Another Gratislav grabbed Alexi and began to drag him towards the boats, shouting “Retreat, fall back to the boats!”

Lùcas, trying to regain his balance, was about to order the Aisling to advance and finish off the retreating forces, when the familiar whistling sounds of incoming rounds filled his ears. Instead, he simply yelled “Incoming, everyone down” and prayed.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to International Incidents