NATION

PASSWORD

Unknown Creatures found!(Open,Small group)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Terranubis wrote:"We just wanted to know if you folks wanted any of the bodies of the creatures. We are taking them to our scientific lab on the base. As you can see we are picking them up still.
We thought you might want some for your OWN nation's research. Is your party interested? We could give you half of the bodies if you please"

Echo-11 cocked his head to the side.

"No. Already..take bodies, for us. Don't.. Need them. Forge-Master Xhar-Vy.. asks.. If your mission.. done is? No.. Is done?"

He slowly readjusts his weapon over his neck and shoulders, glancing at the nearby Terranubian forces as he does so.

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:47 pm

"Not nearly unfortunately. We need to find the rest of the creatures on this island. We also need to find out if they can swim. We don't want them making it to some mainland nation and killing innocents. And considering the number of creatures we faced earlier, they reproduce quite rapidly. If they are left unchecked, their numbers could skyrocket to the point of putting the foodchain way out of balance on this island, pushing the creatures they hunt into extinction. In time, they wouldn't be able to find anything else to eat with their numbers too high. They might die off because there won't be enough food to sustain their numbers on the island. Unless they can swim, wich would force them towards mainland to kill innocents for food. We must find the origins of the creatures as well. Perhaps they are a natural evolution branch of the humaoid kind, or perhaps they are a mutation. All sorts of possibilities are present, including but not limited to extraterrestrial involvement."

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Echo-11 stared blankly back at the face of General Danny, letting the heavy MG slung over his shoulders slide a little to the side.

"Y..yes..You..explain slower again..?" He said, clearly overwhelmed with the foreign language.

"Sir..I'm not sure how much more of this I can take..My vocabulary is running out quickly.." Echo-11 worriedly said through his internal radio.

"Echo -11, change of plans. Echo-3 has spotted an injured beast limping into the jungle, towards the same direction as the airfield. Echo-3 and I are going to investigate. Keep the outsiders distracted, they cannot know of this! Echo-2 will remain here on overwatch. If the heathens begin acting suspicious, I authorize the both of you to enact Qrox. Xhar-Vy, out."

Echo-11 stood silently, slowly working through the new orders. He grimaced softly and mentally flipped a switch, unlocking the failsafe for his deadman switch.

"Echo-2, I'll need you to begin translating for me.. He's getting excited and I can barely keep up."

"Roger that Echo-11.. You unlocked yet?"

"Just did.. Hopefully it doesn't come to actually using it..there's no honor in this.."

"We will be dying for the glory of the Emperor, and taking out a heathen leader at the same time, what greater honor is there?"

"I'm not sure Echo-2.. But this whole mission has just been really odd.."

"Careful Echo-11,those are treasonous words you speak. Focus on the mission at hand, so we may serve the Empire another day."

"Right, my apologies."

Echo-11 looked back at the General, the entire Steelian exchange taking less than a minute to complete.

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:19 am

"Commander Marquise, will you give this man a datapad? I beleive they are not proficient enough in our language to understand all that I am saying. The science datapad should explain what I am trying to say in a visual format. It will render the language barrier unimportant."

Commander Marquise offers the Steelian a device similar to an IPad after getting to the right page on the plan on how to deal with the beasts. It would visually show exactly what Danny was trying to explain. It was entirely visual and without language, making it understandable by anyone regardless of language.

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:33 am

OOC:I thought the deadman's switch worked soley on the Steelian soldier. The only reason I agreed to not do the part about Danny noticing the deadman switches was because I thought it couldn't be used like a terrorist weapon. Unless I misunderstood your last post, that suit could possibly take out Danny as well as the soldier, which is the same as a terrorist blowing himself up, as well as an enemy upon will. You should know I will probably not allow that thing to kill the nations HEAD general. Marquise will probably warn Danny through the radio so he survives or something. Terrorist bomb equivalents are kinda almost cheating, ya feel me?

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:53 am

Terranubis wrote:OOC:I thought the deadman's switch worked soley on the Steelian soldier. The only reason I agreed to not do the part about Danny noticing the deadman switches was because I thought it couldn't be used like a terrorist weapon. Unless I misunderstood your last post, that suit could possibly take out Danny as well as the soldier, which is the same as a terrorist blowing himself up, as well as an enemy upon will. You should know I will probably not allow that thing to kill the nations HEAD general. Marquise will probably warn Danny through the radio so he survives or something. Terrorist bomb equivalents are kinda almost cheating, ya feel me?

OOC: True.. I mostly just did it to add some inner tension or whatever. How about if something happens, which I highly doubt, Echo-11 can also arm a couple grenades or something, which would give your forces a "heads-up", as it were.

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:01 am

Echo-11 Sized Commander Marquise up before tentatively reaching out and taking the datapad.

"I've..never watched..no seen.. Something with that..shade of color before.. Interesting.." Echo-11 mentioned, quickly scrolling through.

"Echo-2.. The hell should I do next? They handed me a datapad with everything laid out like a picture book! I can't keep the broken english thing much longer!"

"Calm down 11, have they asked where Xhar-Vy or the rest of us are?"

"N..no.. Which has been strange.."

"Perhaps you could comment on the size or.."Echo-2 sniggers, "how impressive their forces are."

"Good idea..this guy seems like the boastful type."

Echo-11 looked up from the datapad.
"How test if they swim? All them are dead.." He began slowly.

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:33 pm

"Dr.Sirius, General Danny, and Retired Emperor of The United Empirial Duchies Of Terranubis here. I stamp my Authorization on unlocking page 9 of national information on Kingston Attol creature intellect theory and etc."

Danny said to the device. It would seem that Dr.Sirius was the datapad's name. Danny made no sudden moves when he put his fingerprint on the datapad to unlock it. Danny is cautious of the Steelians now. He couldn't tell just WHAT quite yet. But this Steelian's body language and demeanor was suspicious. The Steelians were hiding something.

Within a second the screen changed. "Authorization accepted. Showing page 9"

The screen indicated that there were more creatures on the island that the ones fought. It suggested that the creatures were near human in intellect. They left some of their numbers behind. Mainly females and young. Some were still on the island. The screen showed a plan to frighten a creature into the water to see if they call swim. Isolate one from the group and then corner it, pushing it towards the water. Surrounded, it would have no place to go but the water.

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Echo-11 looked at the datapad with alarm.
"Computer.. Talks..? Does...it live?" He asked, tightening his grip.

He looked back down at the datapad, holding it noticeably farther away.

"Plan has beast cornered yes? To..force beast into.. Water..? Beats are animals. When cornered.. They..they will fight back.. Instinct natural, no?"

Echo-11 shook his head.

"No, plan only fail. Beast..will fight back."

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:34 pm

"Dr.Sirius, tell us about yourself, no words."
The images on the screen explained. The device is not technically alive. It is only imitating the consciousness of a person that once lived. Dr.Sirius died many years ago. He is still with Terranubis in a way. The computer is an extension of his being. He was one of Terranubis's greatest scientists. He designed this device himself so that he could still help the nation, even after his death. It is NOT however, an organic being.

"As for it fighting back, with these weapons being used, no. These are designed for causing retreat regardless of courage. Dr.Sirius, I additionally authorize unlocking page 10, weapon plan against Attol beast"

It seemed that Terranubis planned to assault the beast with many types of attack at once. Sight, sound, smell, temperature, poison, itch, pain confusion, fear, desire, etc. All of them working at once would ensure that if one tactic failed, another would be successful. Painful sounds, foul smells, harsh temperatures, etc. Sonar pulse generator, skunkbombs, torches, etc.

Morrow den
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:13 pm

OOC: Sorry for interrupting but I can't believe you guys are still going strong!
My old sig cringe

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Morrow den wrote:OOC: Sorry for interrupting but I can't believe you guys are still going strong!

OOC: I mean, it's interesting.. Plus tired of every fuckin' RP I join die. So yeah.. You're welcome to jump back in, although it appears to be that we're in Act III of this, so.. Eh?

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Echo-11 tilted his head to the side. "Then..AI..? How..did. You..no..your people..control?"

He looked over the plans with interest, muttering every once in a while.

"This..who made this..plan..? They..made this..a..around how a thinking..er.. Sentient beast.. Would act.. Something sentient can be..forced into submission.. These things..will just go berserk surely." He said, carefully pronouncing each word.

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:13 am

"Dr.Sirius, I authorize basic descriptions of myself and the creatures's near human sentience."

The screen indicates that Terranubian scouts have observed it to be almost on par with human intellect. It strategizes when it hunts, much like the way a human does.

As for the thinking up of this plan, Danny HIMSELF designed this strategy. He was not the leader of the original rebellion in the U.S for nothing. He founded Terranubis through a rebellion against the U.S. The U.S is no longer a nation thanks to Danny. It is now Terranubis. He lead this rebellion, at the astonishing age of.... The records are unclear.... It is rumored that he was only a teenager. Not many know his exact age at the time he brought the government down. Rough estimates say he was at the most in his late 20s. There is a reason that after he led the rebellion he became the Emperor of Terranubis. After he retired as Emperor after a 40 year reign, due to his body's still prime condition, his still great stategical mind, intelect, cleverness.... He was allowed to still be the head general of the Terranubian military.

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:18 am

"Echo-2, come in".

"I read you, what's the situation?"

"Stalling them isn't working, they're going to run these experiments no matter what."

"Well.. Maybe this a good thing.. Try and insert yourself into one of these experiments, observe what happens."

"Maybe.. Oh, this computer..thing.. Gave me some interesting information.."

"Oh? Go on."

"This General Danny guy is some sort of hero to the Terranunians..AND was the Terranubian Emperor for a time..Which means he's a larger target right?"

"Well, naturally.. Don't take any rash action, I'm relaying this to Xhar-Vy. In the meantime, watch those experiments!"

Echo-11 put a hand up to his chin, thinking. "On second though, perhaps this..work, yes? Would you..per..permit me access..to watch these.. Experi..er..experiments..?"
Last edited by The Holy Empire of Steel on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:41 am

OOC: Danny didn't boast for 20 minutes. The computer layed out all of that info. So NO, he did NOT go on a 20 minute speech about how important he was. Danny in fact spoke no words besides to command the computer to show the info on him in a visual form. Additionally, it told no information that every common Terranubian didn't already know from Terranubian history textbooks from elementary school. In fact, since it was in a visual format, it was completely depending on how fast Echo 11 could scroll from page to page. I think you might need to edit that last post.

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 pm

OOC: Yeah yeah I'm on it.. Last time I'm writing stuff at 3am..

EDIT: Ok, it's all fixed, my apologies
Last edited by The Holy Empire of Steel on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:28 pm

"I suppose so. You may watch the experiments on the dead beasts. So long as you do not interfere in the workings of the scientists. If you do anything to attempt a sabotaging of the tests, Terranubis will consider it an act of dishonor. According to Terranubian foreign military alliance laws, it will be treated as a betrayal of an agreed upon alliance of honor.It will result in the brutal slaughtering of all Steelians on this island. Step out of line and I may just personally butcher you like my famous venison steaks. I might personally skin you alive like a wild boar. Repeat everything back to me in your broken English as best as you can. I want to know that you understand every word I just said. I want to make sure you cannot claim you couldn't understand me...."

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Tech Level?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Tech Level?

OOC: Modern-ish

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:47 pm

"11,Xhar-Vy has new orders. He believes that he has found the beast's breeding areas. The plan is to designate the area with a tracking laser, so our friends back in our submarine can blow it sky high. You are to continue this charade untill this has been completed, understood?" Echo-2 barked over the radio hurriedly.

"Echo-2, what kind of ordnance we talking about here..? Should I be worried?"

"Unknown at this time. The full size of these breeding areas are unknown."

"I see.. This..heathen.. Also seems to have threatened to personally end all Steelian lives on this island..I am struggling to hold my blade.."

Echo-2 groaned over the radio. "Ignore his..transgressions. They are petty insults, nothing more. If they raise a finger against us, the Holy Empire will cleanse them in nuclear fires, do not worry."

"Understood 2.. For the Empire."

"For the Empire."

Echo-11 let out a small chuckle. "You may.. Threaten me as much..as you wish, heathen, but it does not..scare..me. My death.. Will only take me.. To..val..valhalla, with my ancestors. I will.."behave".. But I will..offer a..shred of advice. Never. Threaten. Me. Again." Echo-11 put emphasis on each word, glaring directly into the eyes of General Danny.

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:30 pm

"And here's some advice I give YOU. When in my presence you shall adress me as "General Danny". You should refrain from using such racist words as "heathen". It would do you well to not call a powerfull person such as I outside of their proper forms of adress. As for the peice about threatening, I will threaten whomever the hell I please! You have no authority to give me orders. You are not even a general so you are not even on equal status with me. You are in MY camp! If anything, I MYSELF am the one who can make demands here! I forbid the use of that discriminatory and derogatory word "heathen" in my presence. If all people in your nation carry the same mindset as you do, then I would think your nations downfall will come from it's thinking all others inferior. Your lack of diplomacy and Hitler-esq national mindset will be your Empire's downfall." Danny counters with a glare.

"Commander Marquise!"

"Sir yes sir!"

"Take this man to the science station. Keep a close eye on him. If he tries anything, you have my authorization to gut him like a squirrel. Whereupon the alliance will be officially over and all Steelians on the island will face the wrath of the Terranubian legal cosequences for dishonoring an agreement of peace."

Turning back to the Steelian he says "Yes, my warning still stands and if you still wish to see the experiment, I suggest you accept that there's not a god damn thing you can do about it. Oh, and if anyone observes you speaking anymore racist nonsense, they are authorized to request that you return to your own forces. Do I make myself clear Echo-11?" Danny says warningly.

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Echo-11 let out a small chuckle. "Such fire General Danny, such a shame you chose the wrong side..And for the record, when one has to declare they are in control, they never really are..and my thousand year strong nation disagrees with that statement. On to the experiment?"

"Thank you for the translation help Echo-2. I was getting tired of using this filthy language. What's Xhar-Vy's status?"

"Anytime 11. Last report was ten minutes ago, still scouting it seems. He did mention a disturbing lack of beasts though.. he predicts they might be heading our way, but all speculation at this point. Also, some personal advice.. shut up. Stop provoking this General Danny. No matter how much I despise having to work with an outsider, we cannot get on his bad side. Like it or not, there is only four of us left. We cannot hope to take them all down with us. As he keeps saying, it will be a slaughter. So, be a good little Zku and follow along. NO MORE OUTBURSTS! Is that understood?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say Echo-2"

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Can we see a picture of the known creature please?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:51 am

OOC: I PERSONALLY am not in possession of any pictures of the creature. You would have to ask the person that originally set up the RP.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents