NATION

PASSWORD

Schmetternde Schwerter (CLOSED, OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 am

Nova Sylva wrote:OS, how would you or Sylva figure out that Muro was doing nuclear research again? The first thing that comes to mind is satellites but you know much more about those than I do.

There's probably a few different ways that it'd come to the OS's attention. One being the OS Intelligence Community monitoring the international Plutonium and Uranium markets as to keep tabs on who might be building weapons or reactors. The second is that there are sensor packages for use aboard UAVs (mainly large ones such as the RQ-4, the RQ-170, and the RQ-180) that detect radiation. The third being satellites, of course. The fourth being the fact that I'm spying on everybody (*cough*NSA*cough*).

So, here'd basically be the way that the OS figures it out. OS Intelligence Community comes across Muro or his front companies buying large amounts of Weapons-grade material either legally or through the Black Market. It'd be sent up the chain and a UAV would do an overflight using the "Peep" Method (which is basically an RQ-4, RQ-170, or RQ-180 operating in International Airspace at extremely high altitudes and using the curvature of the Earth and High Powered Sensors to look into Muro's territory).
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:00 am

Great, thanks. Ill let you do the post about discovering the nuclear reactor and such, later. Right now Saxony is being inducted into the SL in Los Olivos.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 am

this is the post as of right now. I'm too lazy to write the induction ceremony so if someone could do that, well, that'd be fantastic. I apologize for the posts' brevity but it's really hard writing on a phone.

Wriiten with the help of OS and Chesistan

SL Headquarters
Los Olivos, Coalition State of Sylva
0745 hours | 21 May 2015

"Hello, Sylva, this is Ignacio Velasquez with The Acropolis Journal. We are here at Septentrion League Headquarters in Los Olivos, where the leaders of the existing three League signatories are about to oversee the addition of the alliances' fourth member, the Republic of Saxony. This marks a historic day for the League, which announced it would accept the Saxons' appeal for membership following the massive military buildup in Murovanka, which claims the Republic as territory. I'm here with Sylvan Defense Secretary Daniel Calabrese, who has agreed to an exclusive interview before the official preceding a begin at eight o'clock Coastal Mean Time. Mr. Calabrese, you have been Defense Secretary in First Minister De La Calle's cabinet since he was elected three years ago. Before that, you were a brigadier general in the Coalition State Armed Forces. Tell us, what do you think that the addition of Saxony to the SL means for the alliance's future?"

"Well, Ignacio, I believe that the SL is setting a precedent here. By adding Saxony to the SL it is making a statement - were saying that we will not stand idly by why small nations like Saxony are bullied by larger, more powerful ones such as Murovanka. After what happened in the Sellenland, Sylva - and the rest of the SL - will not stand for additional aggression by Wanka towards its neighbors."

"You mentioned the Sellenland. Are you saying that it was, in fact, an act of war by Wanka against Aemen?"

"That I am," Calabrese said. "The Defense Department stands by the intelligence received from both our own assets and reports from the front. Aemen soldiers were fighting against Wankan armored vehicles and aircraft. Many so called 'rebels' were captured with ID cards and dog tags that identified them as active servicemen in the Wankan Army. There is no doubt in my mind - and in anyone in this government's mind - that the Wankans invaded the Sellenland as an act of pure aggression. And we believe they are preparing to do so again, to the Saxons. We will not allow this to happen."

"So you believe that Wanka is preparing to invade Saxony?"

"Ignacio, you don't practice and buy equipment for a lacrosse team if you don't play any games. The same goes for the Wankans and their military. You don't triple your defense budget unless you are preparing to do something with it. Now, the target could very well be the United Territories. It could be the now-recognized Free State of the Sellenland. It could be Aemen. It could be Mozria, hell, it could be us. The point is, we must be prepared for all contingencies. Part of that means establishing to the Wankans that we won't tolerate any more aggression, towards any state."

"Thank you Mr. Calabrese. Now, please join us live for the official induction of Saxony into the Septentrion League."
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:03 am

How about kidnapping a Wankan civilian scientist and performing some "enhanced interrogation" on him/her? Civilians shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on, it's not like they would be guarded. The good old ways will never die out. As Clancy always points out- HUMINT FTW 8)

Working on my next post. Preparation for the oncoming battle, although it'll have to wait for tomorrow as I first have to finish an assassination on a mosquito that is organizing some pretty smart guerrilla warfare, hit-n-run tactics on me. A real pain, but also a truly a great inspiration.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:12 am

Murovanka wrote:How about kidnapping a Wankan civilian scientist and performing some "enhanced interrogation" on him/her? Civilians shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on, it's not like they would be guarded. The good old ways will never die out. As Clancy always points out- HUMINT FTW 8)

Working on my next post. Preparation for the oncoming battle, although it'll have to wait for tomorrow as I first have to finish an assassination on a mosquito that is organizing some pretty smart guerrilla warfare, hit-n-run tactics on me. A real pain, but also a truly a great inspiration.

Perhaps. Hey, Wanka - and anyone else - get on IRC. #septentrion on esper
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:40 am

Ches and OS, please check the map for the combat unit icons and how to label them. Tell me if there's any symbol that you'd like me to add. We're going to be using 3-letter (in OS case 2) codes- WAN for me, SYL for Sylva and SAX for Ches so that we can identify the units. I've also changed the default view to make the map easier to view, I suppose. You can already start stationing the units in the locations that they are supposed to defend (I won't metagame, don't worry). You can also use the distance-measuring tool to measure the approximate distance too.
Last edited by Murovanka on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:36 am

Syl, you gonna post that? I'm done with mine which is sort-of a reply to yours.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 am

Sorry for the lack of Activity here. Been busy with something and RL has got me down.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Guys, I've added all my units the map...and realize how thinly spread I am. Ive broken down my divisions into brigades becuase the fronts are so massive, and I'll most likely use them independently of division structures anyway. For reference the 13th Armored Division is deployed to Saxony; the 4th Infantry Division is spread out across my border, along with an armored cavalry regiment. the 7th Airborne Division, my primary pool of reserves, is at Corbinsburg, and two other cavalry regiments are deployed as reserve forces at Newcastle and Bethesda. I might bring in the 3rd Marine Division later but that will only happen once shit really hits the fan.

Also, Muro, you should have Erquin make some "threatning moves" along my northern border so that I cant pull the 9th Armored Division to help in the west. Just a suggestion :)
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Yep, I've sent him a TG. After he posts (if he does), you can go ahead with the bombing. Ches, we just need your units on the map. Sylva, could you draw in major airfields (for me to bomb :twisted: ) or are they just located where the other military bases are?

I was wondering, how would my Panzer-90 'Gepard' fare against your Leopards? I think I'd have the T-80U for the majority of the units.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Take your time with posting, guys, cuz my relatives (favourite cousins, nonetheless), are coming over for a week so I doubt I will have that much time.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:57 pm

So I think OS or Saxony/Chesistan should post next. Chess, if you have that segment on the induction ceremony, could you send it to me? I'll add it to my post.

The Republic of Cheseistan
Secretary

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Cheseistan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Yeah, I'll be sending it soon once I get over my fear of complete failure on my first post. Should be in your inbox within the hour.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:53 am

The Republic of Cheseistan wrote:Yeah, I'll be sending it soon once I get over my fear of complete failure on my first post. Should be in your inbox within the hour.

There's no such thing as complete failure, just have fun, that's the main thing :)
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:49 pm

The Republic of Cheseistan wrote:Yeah, I'll be sending it soon once I get over my fear of complete failure on my first post. Should be in your inbox within the hour.

Once again, what Muro said, haha. Although I dont see it at the moment, it may have not gone through. If you havent finished it yet thats fine, just send it whenever you get the chance :)

Also, Muro, I was thinking that maybe UT was NAZI. Maybe he becomes NAZI after some sort of regime change or something? Or maybe that happens after this thread. One thing I definetly see happening is that no decisive victory is achieved by either side - the end just leaves everyone itching for a rematch.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:41 am

Yeah, and how about localizing the conflict as a fight for (initially) just Saxony?
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Aemen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aemen » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Tagging this out of interest, I suspect my monarchy will be wanting revenge on the Wankans for the Sellenland, though I'd prefer not to re-open that front so that focus isn't diverted away from the main conflict.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 am

Murovanka wrote:Yeah, and how about localizing the conflict as a fight for (initially) just Saxony?

Seconded.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Muro, I'm going to rewrite my first post to include (in the Clancy fashion) the start of what I hope will be an interesting intelligence/spy subplot revolving around Wanka's nuclear program and the eventual capture or killing of its top scientist. I've named the guy Peter Von Ulfric, who was, before Sonneborn, a nuclear engineering professor teaching at Festung Akademie. Hope that's okay.

Anyway the way it's looking right now is that the Sylvans convince his bodyguard to become a double agent in exchange for getting his wife a heart transplant back in Sylva or the Organized States (where the healthcare system is better, I assume). I don't have a name for that gentleman yet, however, so some suggestions would be appreciated.

Obviously all this is pending your approval - on another note, looking at the map, what if you simeataniously struck through the forest in the south of Saxony and the north, meeting up at that city that the 32nd is based at. You would cut Saxony in two, trapping at least 30,000 SL soldiers in the process. Don't worry, I won't meta game. Otherwise I wouldn't be suggesting it, haha. In the case that wasn't your original plan, please, surprise me. If it was, no big deal. My guys will act surprised ICly. :)

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:15 am

Nova Sylva wrote:-snip-

That sounds great, please do go ahead. The bodyguard will just be an agent (not a double) I assume? So yeah, feel free to describe the security systems/facilities/people etc. etc. that will appear. TBH my initial plan was to strike through the forest and cut the SL's forces in two. And then I realized that driving thousands of tanks and trucks through a muddy forest (because of possible rain) might not be such a good idea. Still an option though.

Also, apologies for inactivity, currently being exhausted by my two lovely little cousins who'll leave me to my sleep by the end of this week.
Last edited by Murovanka on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:17 pm

I think it would be a good option. I mean I think in the beginning you'll have the devil's luck (I'm planning on just about everything that could go wrong for the SL going wrong in the first few days) leaving us playing catchup. Of course, Sylva's strategic analysts are going to be saying how the Wankan army is no more than a paper tiger and that once they go up against hardened and experienced Sylvan soldiers...only to have the "professionals" routed and regrouping.

After all, Germany had to conquer Europe before the Allies could liberate it. It's no fun if the Sylvans just hold the line and everyone's like "well, so, that happened."

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:32 am

Okay, I'm back- fully. You post first, Sylva, and then I'll respond with whatever I come up with. Just needs to lead up to the eventual bombing of the facility. I think I'm gonna just provide some background information and act as the internal defense agency.
Last edited by Murovanka on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:06 pm

I'd really like to see OS post before I put in my part. Something from him that identifies the Wankan nuclear program as active. But if he doesn't want too that's fine, I can continue stalling my post until I buy a new laptop because I hate typing on a phone brainstorming for the intellegence side of this fight.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:I'd really like to see OS post before I put in my part. Something from him that identifies the Wankan nuclear program as active. But if he doesn't want too that's fine, I can continue stalling my post until I buy a new laptop because I hate typing on a phone brainstorming for the intellegence side of this fight.

Almost done. Actually.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:12 pm

No worries, take your time. You guys will need to 'carry' this part, 'cause I'm just gonna be sort-of replying. Where did Ches go off to?

Also, I signed up for PW, had an eye on them for some time. They seem to be doing things right.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents