NATION

PASSWORD

Schmetternde Schwerter (CLOSED, OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:18 am

Organized States wrote:So, can I expect this kind of reaction from the populace to the OS Army liberating them or perhaps them going full France during the Second World War (people climbing on their vehicles, women kissing soldiers, handing them bottles of wine, etc)?

Also, this'll be the reaction by the OS Army if it catches anyone on the opposite side commiting or being suspected of war crimes. Summary executions are something to be expected if you're a NAZI soldier caught raping, looting, wearing an Columbian's uniform (like that scene in Fury), or in anyway commiting a crime against the local populace or the OS Army.

How about this reaction, once the first thousand coffins arrive home?
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:37 am

Murovanka wrote:
Organized States wrote:So, can I expect this kind of reaction from the populace to the OS Army liberating them or perhaps them going full France during the Second World War (people climbing on their vehicles, women kissing soldiers, handing them bottles of wine, etc)?

Also, this'll be the reaction by the OS Army if it catches anyone on the opposite side commiting or being suspected of war crimes. Summary executions are something to be expected if you're a NAZI soldier caught raping, looting, wearing an Columbian's uniform (like that scene in Fury), or in anyway commiting a crime against the local populace or the OS Army.

How about this reaction, once the first thousand coffins arrive home?

It won't happen. I'm 1950s America, literally. My social structure, clothing styles, all that. Counter-Culture is surpressed socially via strong family values, anti-communism, and anti-drug education.

The worst that you'll find are Greasers. :lol:

More like this.
Last edited by Organized States on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Organized States wrote:

It won't happen. I'm 1950s America, literally. My social structure, clothing styles, all that. Counter-Culture is surpressed socially via strong family values, anti-communism, and anti-drug education.

The worst that you'll find are Greasers. :lol:

More like this.

Huh. Next time I play Fallout I'll think about that. OS after Murovanka, haha

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:36 am

Now that I've got a map of the entirety of Sylva, I don't see why I shouldn't try take control of the rest. By the time we've put down more cities, rivers and completed a basic freeway/rail network the map will be too beautiful to resist taking Sylva (although I still don't know what to do with 90 million angry Sylvans).

The size of Sylva is a bit smaller than listed (~ 1 million sq km) and the other nations are just there to get rid of the appearance that the land is somehow floating over Antarctica. I've got some other stuff to take care of but I'll continue on the OP afterwards; we can develop the map and the plot concurrently. I think the FT RP will take more time to develop anyways.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

The Republic of Cheseistan
Secretary

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Cheseistan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Sorry I haven't been posting much, I just got back from a vacation without my phone. Anyways, I really like where this is going. Aside from the spreadsheet we have, is there any detailed information on Saxony's military, or will it just be assumed to have roughly the same tech as Sylva and the other countries in that vein?

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:52 pm

The Republic of Cheseistan wrote:Sorry I haven't been posting much, I just got back from a vacation without my phone. Anyways, I really like where this is going. Aside from the spreadsheet we have, is there any detailed information on Saxony's military, or will it just be assumed to have roughly the same tech as Sylva and the other countries in that vein?

Yeah, you'll probably have a mixture of top of the line and surplus Sylvan technology. So Leopard I and II tanks Trojan Is and IIs. Pretty much what's on the spreadsheet. Per head spending for you is pretty high, which means your military is professional but small. 70,000 total military personnel will give you probably three brigades of army troops (two mechanized and one armored) and a proportional Air Force. Since you don't have to worry about a Navy, you will have sizable reserves as well. Probably even a nationwide militia force, something similar to Sylva's CSPC (Coalition State Partisan Corps).

I know three brigades doesn't sound like a lot, but they'll be supplemented by probably a full division of Sylvan armor, and the entire Sylvan Air Force. If Wanka invades through Saxony it will be a tough fight. Also, OS might have troops stationed in Saxony. Not in Sylva, because of laws against foreign troops on Sylvan soil, but Saxony might not have those laws.

The other thing is that it will probably be attrition warfare until Wanka achieves a breakthrough. Like we will have the entire border defended. Imagine West Germany in NATO, and you've got what I think about Saxony at the moment.

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Maybe Saxony has some vintage 1980s Erquinian surplus uniforms and stuff like that? Like cheap former Amadar state helmets, uniforms, all that sorta stuff too? Including some trucks.

Is dat okay?
Proud member of Septentrion

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Erquin wrote:Maybe Saxony has some vintage 1980s Erquinian surplus uniforms and stuff like that? Like cheap former Amadar state helmets, uniforms, all that sorta stuff too? Including some trucks.

Is dat okay?

Why would he? He's an SL nation, which means he would probably be supplied by the SL, wouldn't you think?

But that's up to him.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Cheseistan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
Erquin wrote:Maybe Saxony has some vintage 1980s Erquinian surplus uniforms and stuff like that? Like cheap former Amadar state helmets, uniforms, all that sorta stuff too? Including some trucks.

Is dat okay?

Why would he? He's an SL nation, which means he would probably be supplied by the SL, wouldn't you think?

But that's up to him.

I'm with Sylva for the most part, but perhaps if(when) the Wankan forces eventually start blowing through the defenses and the government is burning supplies the reserves may have to draw on older surplus stuff that normally wouldn't be used. For a rather small nation I could certainly see a situation like that occurring.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:37 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:-snip-

Is your military gonna be a mix of (ethnic) Sylvans and Wankans? Because keep in mind that there are only around five million Sylvans... on the other hand, if you include Wankers, they might not be all too loyal.

OP is nearly done :D. Sylva, for your map, can you describe south/eastern Sylva? I'll need primarily geo features (rivers, mountains, forests) so I can add more cities and roads.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm

I guess you are right :C.

No exporting for meh.
Proud member of Septentrion

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:22 pm

IC is up!

Edit: Ches, could you tell me where you would like to have air fields and military bases?
Last edited by Murovanka on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Cheseistan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:37 am

Murovanka wrote:IC is up!

Edit: Ches, could you tell me where you would like to have air fields and military bases?

I won't be at my computer until later this evening, but once I get there I'll give you a map update of sorts.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:33 am

Great IC, Muro. Fantastic.

Not sure how I should respond though. I'm thinking I'm going to let you put a second post (maybe describing the coronation of a new division or something, or perhaps the testing of some new technology that will even the fight, such as a tank or aircraft) or let Chesistan post. If you gave any ideas for me to write that would move the plot forwards let me know :)

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Cheseistan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:36 am

Added several airfields and bases to the map. I tried to make it realistic for a country of that size with that much military spending, but if you all think I need to add more or take away some then please let me know.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:Great IC, Muro. Fantastic.

Not sure how I should respond though. I'm thinking I'm going to let you put a second post (maybe describing the coronation of a new division or something, or perhaps the testing of some new technology that will even the fight, such as a tank or aircraft) or let Chesistan post. If you gave any ideas for me to write that would move the plot forwards let me know :)

Sanctions, s'il vous plaît. I just said that I was going to make nukes. I'll also need roughly the troop numbers in Saxony (SL) and their positions (just roughly) for my second post. There'll be no need to drag the lead-up for too long. After my post, your bombing (the nuclear site is on the map) and then I'll be on my way over :D
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Murovanka wrote:
Nova Sylva wrote:Great IC, Muro. Fantastic.

Sanctions, s'il vous plaît. I just said that I was going to make nukes. I'll also need roughly the troop numbers in Saxony (SL) and their positions (just roughly) for my second post. There'll be no need to drag the lead-up for too long. After my post, your bombing (the nuclear site is on the map) and then I'll be on my way over :D

I can do that. Heh.

I'm currently working on my post. I hope you don't mind, but I assumed that your reactor complex looks very similar to the Yongbyon Plant from the air.

Also, I'll be putting down some sanctions as well.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:10 pm

The Republic of Cheseistan wrote:Added several airfields and bases to the map. I tried to make it realistic for a country of that size with that much military spending, but if you all think I need to add more or take away some then please let me know.

It's perfect :)

Organized States wrote:I can do that. Heh.

I'm currently working on my post. I hope you don't mind, but I assumed that your reactor complex looks very similar to the Yongbyon Plant from the air.

Yeah, pretty much. How about a joint Sylvan-OS operation? I am venting my anger at Sylva, after all. You could fly through the mountains to escape radar/ jam and destroy radar or fly in those stealthy bomber thingies. Radar coverage in the south would originate at the Südberg-Kaserne and the Allgäu Airfield.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Murovanka wrote:
Organized States wrote:I can do that. Heh.

Yeah, pretty much. How about a joint Sylvan-OS operation? I am venting my anger at Sylva, after all. You could fly through the mountains to escape radar/ jam and destroy radar or fly in those stealthy bomber thingies. Radar coverage in the south would originate at the Südberg-Kaserne and the Allgäu Airfield.

That sounds good to me.

How far exactly inland is this compound (with Sylva's restrictions on foreign troops I might have to base them from carriers)?
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Organized States wrote:That sounds good to me.

How far exactly inland is this compound (with Sylva's restrictions on foreign troops I might have to base them from carriers)?

Saxony is a SL nation; you can station aircraft and troops there.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:53 pm

Murovanka wrote:
Organized States wrote:That sounds good to me.

Saxony is a SL nation; you can station aircraft and troops there.

Noted.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Also keep in mind that while I won't allow you to base troops during peace, that all changes when bullets start flying. Or in this case, missiles.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Cheseistan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:41 am

Murovanka wrote: Sanctions, s'il vous plaît. I just said that I was going to make nukes. I'll also need roughly the troop numbers in Saxony (SL) and their positions (just roughly) for my second post. There'll be no need to drag the lead-up for too long. After my post, your bombing (the nuclear site is on the map) and then I'll be on my way over :D

I'm mainly going to be going off the spreadsheet numbers, but maybe with a small boost as political tensions escalate and possible recruitment drives while I'm getting my ass kicked. All in all it's not likely to be more than eighty thousand at the most. As for rough locations, without giving you precise numbers I'll say that the West/Northwestern portion is comparatively lightly defended while the Northeast/Southeast is where the largest concentration of troops will be. Also, am I allowed to give the unmarked stretches of road names? It seems a lot easier to say "Highway 69" instead of "The windy road that goes through Reiterhof."
Last edited by The Republic of Cheseistan on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:42 am

The Republic of Cheseistan wrote:I'm mainly going to be going off the spreadsheet numbers, but maybe with a small boost as political tensions escalate and possible recruitment drives while I'm getting my ass kicked. All in all it's not likely to be more than eighty thousand at the most. As for rough locations, without giving you precise numbers I'll say that the West/Northwestern portion is comparatively lightly defended while the Northeast/Southeast is where the largest concentration of troops will be. Also, am I allowed to give the unmarked stretches of road names? It seems a lot easier to say "Highway 69" instead of "The windy road that goes through Reiterhof."

Right now I'm sneaking in loads of special forces and agents through the forest and across the border (detailing that in next post) to Saxony, so you can capture some of them and use that to justify a recruitment drive.

Please do give them road names. I connected them a bit weirdly together so I'll redo them; in the "layers" section just look for those roads and name them.

Edit: I redid them and labeled them "S Road". Feel free to add more roads/landmarks/cities/towns and whatever else you deem necessary. You can also rename the cities, I just named them after locations in RL Sachsen/Sachsen-Anhalt.
Last edited by Murovanka on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:02 am

I'm trying to write a reply right now. Pretty much it's an SL conference (Marnat, Sylva, OS, Saxony) discussing some current events. I'm going to let everyone review it first to make sure they like how it came out, since I'm technically RPing as other players' characters.

OS, how would you or Sylva figure out that Muro was doing nuclear research again? The first thing that comes to mind is satellites but you know much more about those than I do.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents