NATION

PASSWORD

Schmetternde Schwerter (CLOSED, OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Area battle map, awaiting topography and just about everything else -

http://i.imgur.com/A6pgAGs.png

I would think the Wankan/Sylvan border would be very mountainous, so the only way for Wanka to move heavy units (armored divisions) would be through Sacshen (Saxony). A bit reminiscent of the Schifflen Plan. Muro, if you could put major landmarks in your country and in Saxony it would be most appreciated :)

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:Area battle map, awaiting topography and just about everything else -

http://i.imgur.com/A6pgAGs.png

I would think the Wankan/Sylvan border would be very mountainous, so the only way for Wanka to move heavy units (armored divisions) would be through Sacshen (Saxony). A bit reminiscent of the Schifflen Plan. Muro, if you could put major landmarks in your country and in Saxony it would be most appreciated :)

Ah, sorry, can't edit that kinda map. My bad it's taking so long, I'm working on it now and I'll share it with you guys once it has some stuff done.

That strategy sounds good. Mountains always make a great buffer zone. I'm wondering how much of Sylva I plan to rob :P
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks, though, I'll model mine after yours :D

Edit: Here's a picture of what's been done.

http://i57.tinypic.com/11j53q8.png

Sylva, I can add cities and create and name some geographical features which are obviously lacking, but what your the naming convention? Or I could add the symbols and you can edit the names later on.

Second edit: Put it as link as it's outdated. I'll put the map as it progresses on the OP.
Last edited by Murovanka on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

The Republic of Cheseistan
Secretary

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Cheseistan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me defending against Wanka. This is gonna be fun.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:17 pm

The Republic of Cheseistan wrote:Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me defending against Wanka. This is gonna be fun.

Ah, don't worry, there's no need for war if you... submit to us peacefully... or even join us? Then we might not execute and expel that many of you ;)

Sachsen used to be a Wankan state, so you're welcome back in our arms. I'll give you a detailed history and more soon, just have some stuff to get done first.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Sächsische Republik/Republic of Saxony

The Republic of Saxony was founded in 1965 with the end of the Wanko-Sylvan war, which the Wankan Kingdom had lost. At the Treaty of Hessen, Wanka was forced to give up all its overseas colonies, pay war reparations and lost chunks of its land and people. Amongst them, the Duchy of Saxony. At that time there was a sizable Sylvan minority and Sylva wanted to create a buffer zone to ensure that Wanka never threatened Sylva again.

With help of Sylva, an ethnically Sylvan elite rose to power- and remained there. The Wankan majority, up to this day, has been kept in check by a combination of carefully calibrated coercion, laws and rigged elections. Throughout the years, Saxony has developed into a modern first-world country, in contrast to Wanka which suffered from a 30 year period of anarchy. Ethnic Wankans suffer from widespread discrimination and a system which gives them little chance of gaining positions of power or having any say in how the country is run.

Saxony has a population of 16 million. Sylvans make up 30% of the population (4.8 million) and Wankans around 70% (11.2 million). The Wankan population has remained relatively stable while the Sylvan one has been increasing steadily. Geographically it is mostly flat plains and grasslands along with hilly highlands. It has close relations with Sylva (well, it thanks Sylva for its existence).

Well, that's the position of Saxony now, the rest is more or less up to you (Ches) to decide. Please ask me if there's anything else that you want to know/I forgot to mention.
Last edited by Murovanka on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:29 am

16 million people? Damn, that's a hella high population density. Makes Switzerland look empty.

But we can let that slide. Just makes it easier for me to defend!

Also, Wanka, I think there should be some sort of mountain valley in between us. Sort of like the Felda Gap - something we can have a massive tank battle for, and that can divert my idiot commander's attention to.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:50 am

As for the cities, the only three of note are Corbinsbhrg (on the north bank of that river, where the tributary breaks off) and Bradenburg (on the south bank). The third city is Bethesda, which is far south. Scattered around are a bunch of military bases, notably Spring Mountain AFB, COSAF Camp Bell, and COSAF Sentry Point.

I'm going to be playing this one with two heavy and one light division - the 4th Infantry Division (Mechanized), the 7th Airborne Division and the 13th Armored Division. The light division is obviously the Airborne one. Also, expect a disproportional amount of Sylvan air assets. The way I'm thinking this is like NATO v. Warsaw Pact - I have to rely on superior technology and training, not to mention air superiority, to hold back the endless wave of Wankan soldiers.

This is not to say the Wankan trooper is an jihadi with an AK. I really do see it as the Soviet Union, which was perhaps the most feared military on the planet in its day.

That being said, Wanka, I'm expecting you'll throw the full weight of the Landwher behind this operation? I mean, what am I going up against?

If you want a full ORBAT of my force, btw, look on my wiki page. But keep in mind that three divisions is, like, half my entire army, so...

Also, Sylva's politicians don't allow foreign forces to station themselves in Sylva - so when OS comes to my rescue, he will have to first organize and deploy them. That, and transporting them across the Strachan, would take at least a week or two. That should should give Wanka ample time to go ham on my forces until OS arrives.

My forces will be commanded by Prince Santiago for the first part of the war, but (as many politicians and princes are) he's a horrible strategist that will lead my army to its doom before he's sacked by Parliament and replaced by an actual general - the first step in transitioning Sylva into a republic.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:07 am

Map's shared with you. And don't worry too much about the plot yet, we'll lay the foundations and see how this plays out. I think a valley in the to-be-named mountain range (I will extend it so that it straddles the Wanko-Sylvan border) would be a great addition where a second possible pathway for attack can be. But you'll see :P

As for Sachsen... Do you really think it'll be much of an obstacle in our quest to achieve global German domination?

Edit: Also, see the "Blasphemers' Valley" on the far-right corner? That'll be like the gateway to northwestern Sylva, which is our objective- what can be seen on that map is what we want to grab. Our aims are realistic and limited. One piece of Sylva at the time :)
Last edited by Murovanka on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:14 am

Haha, alright.

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:52 am

I might not be in this RP, but I shall allow Wanka to state that he has Erquinian equipment in its arsenal.

Us Deutsch must stick together!
Proud member of Septentrion

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Erquin wrote:I might not be in this RP, but I shall allow Wanka to state that he has Erquinian equipment in its arsenal.

Us Deutsch must stick together!

Wanka already has an impressive collection of arms. What he really needs from Erquin is financial support - loans and such.
After fighting two consecutive wars I would imagine the military is in top training, equipment, and manpower shape, but the country's economy would have suffered slightly. If Erquin started providing loans and such to Muro, that would really help calm things down domestically - especially when the SL embargo takes hold.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Very well then, then loans he will get.

Still, I wonder how a P-72 will perform against a Trojan II, or even Trojan III, unless you halted the program.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Tried to edit map on phone. Failed.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Wanka, would there be any way we could overlay Septentrion's entire map on Goigle MyMaps?

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:Wanka, would there be any way we could overlay Septentrion's entire map on Goigle MyMaps?

Theoretically, yes...

But it would be one hell of a job. Especially getting the shapes and proportions right- that's what took me most time. See what happened when I tried to make Saxony? I think your maps are sufficient for the 'big picture'.

Anyway, drawing in the roads now. We might need a few more town locations for the Sylvan side just for navigational purposes.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:07 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:Muro, what if you reverse engineered a nuke?

Say a Sylvan B2 bomber carrying nukes went down over the Crimson Sea. Wankan naval ships and Sylvan naval ships scramble to recover its nuclear payload. Sylva gets some of them, but Wanka recovers two, and begins reverse engineering one of the bombs...while keeping the other in storage...

Okay, just so you know, if the B-2 was on fire, no way that you'll be able to recover much from it. I've kind of been witness to both of the B-2 crashes (As a dependent on Andersen when the birds went down), so, I might be able to be of help there.

And additionally, I can have units in theater within 24-48 hours, but these units would be lolzy small and ill-equipped (think Task Force Smith). It'd take me a week to transport what would probably be a composite corps of Armored Cavalry (which is, in my doctrine, a mix of AMPVs, M5A3s, Helicopters, and Cavalry Fighting Vehicles), Along with an Infantry Division and Airborne.

As for airpower, a lot of F/A-28s from the OS Marines, F-22, F-23s/FB-23s, A-10Es, F-28s, F-111s, and F-26s from the OSAF's Tactical Air Command along with a crapton of Bombers from SAC turning everything behind the lines into a pile of rubble.
Last edited by Organized States on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:20 am

I once had a little toy B2. Thought it was some alien spaceship or something like that.

I've put the updated map on the OOC OP, it has been further developed a little bit. Sylva, feel free to move around and particularly name the towns/cities, military bases and roads, and add anything else that might be helpful. If that's difficult, I can do it too. In that case, just give me some city/town names.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:47 am

The problem is, western Sylva is supposed to be kind of empty...like the vast majority of my population lives along the coast. Furthermore the population out there is majority Sylvankan and Sylaemen (yes, pronounced silly-men). Thus the town names are a mix of English and German, for the most part. But many of these people are immigrants from the Wankan Dark Ages, and there not oppressed or anything. So don't expect (most of them) to be super loyal to Wanka once it invades - I'm sure that's something you can play on, expecting cheering crowds as you roll through, and instead facing down lightly-armed militias.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:02 am

Nova Sylva wrote:The problem is, western Sylva is supposed to be kind of empty...like the vast majority of my population lives along the coast. Furthermore the population out there is majority Sylvankan and Sylaemen (yes, pronounced silly-men). Thus the town names are a mix of English and German, for the most part. But many of these people are immigrants from the Wankan Dark Ages, and there not oppressed or anything. So don't expect (most of them) to be super loyal to Wanka once it invades - I'm sure that's something you can play on, expecting cheering crowds as you roll through, and instead facing down lightly-armed militias.

Ohh, perfect, I was already worried that I'd have to plan the deportation of hundreds of thousands to concentration camps (or just kick them over the border). Whew.

On another note, it is pretty empty. I'm not talking about major metropolitan cities with over 500k citizens, just small cities and towns primarily to help navigation. These towns would have, say, a population of 5,000 and cities can have pops of around 15-30k.

Also, I think that the bomber-crashing episode would complicate things a little. Mind if we leave that out? The lead-up seems to be already solid enough.
Last edited by Murovanka on Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:26 am

This is really becoming pissy, something called "digicoupon" got on my computer somehow and is frustrating me real bad. Any of you dealt with this before?

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:36 am

Yeah, your right. No bomber crashing.

Also, Muro, can you add me a military base in the Cloysteric Highlands and three in the Sierra Sylva Mountains, as well as a bunch of coastal cities in my west and about six bases out there. And if you don't mind, could you extend both IH 89 and the Chagan River to the coast? I'll name everything if you can put it down. I know that's a tall order, but it will help once OS' forces arrive in theatre.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:46 am

Nova Sylva wrote:The problem is, western Sylva is supposed to be kind of empty...like the vast majority of my population lives along the coast. Furthermore the population out there is majority Sylvankan and Sylaemen (yes, pronounced silly-men). Thus the town names are a mix of English and German, for the most part. But many of these people are immigrants from the Wankan Dark Ages, and there not oppressed or anything. So don't expect (most of them) to be super loyal to Wanka once it invades - I'm sure that's something you can play on, expecting cheering crowds as you roll through, and instead facing down lightly-armed militias.

So, can I expect this kind of reaction from the populace to the OS Army liberating them or perhaps them going full France during the Second World War (people climbing on their vehicles, women kissing soldiers, handing them bottles of wine, etc)?

Also, this'll be the reaction by the OS Army if it catches anyone on the opposite side commiting or being suspected of war crimes. Summary executions are something to be expected if you're a NAZI soldier caught raping, looting, wearing an Columbian's uniform (like that scene in Fury), or in anyway commiting a crime against the local populace or the OS Army.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 am

To be honest...yeah. I mean, there will always be the minority that helps the invaders, and Wanka is free to play with that as much as he wants.

What I'm thinking is that when Wanka invades Saxony, the idiot Prince I have as CINC-West will react to slowly. I'm thinking he tells his forces within Saxony to fight to the death instead of retreating - which results in the annihilation of an entire brigade of Sylvan troops and multiple battalions of the Saxony Defense Forces. After this, the population in Sylva (as well as the General Staff) are enraged, and pass legislation that gives control of the military to an actual commander. But this takes time - five or six days - during which the Sylvan Army is sent in full retreat. When General Ramirez takes over as CINC-West, he slowly begins reorganizing his troops, and perhaps manages to stall the Wankan advance just a few miles from Chandler (Battle of Bethesda?). Both sides kind of dig in, and when OS forces arrive en masse, we launch a counteroffensive - or perhaps some diplomatic settlement is reached. I'm not sure.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:48 am

Nova Sylva wrote:Yeah, your right. No bomber crashing.

Also, Muro, can you add me a military base in the Cloysteric Highlands and three in the Sierra Sylva Mountains, as well as a bunch of coastal cities in my west and about six bases out there. And if you don't mind, could you extend both IH 89 and the Chagan River to the coast? I'll name everything if you can put it down. I know that's a tall order, but it will help once OS' forces arrive in theatre.

No problem, I'll get that down tomorrow. You know, I think by the end of this we'll each have a perfect map of our nations xD. Just to be clear, though, this is not going to be a total war scenario, I'm not gonna try and capture the entirety of Sylva (which is why I only drew the western corner). And it's quite obvious that I will try and avoid "collateral damage" as much as possible, particularly on the coast where the population density is highest. This is no ideological war of destruction and extinction; it's realpolitik. Sylva should never be able to threaten the Wankan heartland again.

And seriously, what would I do with 90 million angry Sylvans? Mass genocide? Only Mao managed to achieve that.

Also, do plan out your defense but don't expect me to do what you expect me to do :D
Last edited by Murovanka on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents