NATION

PASSWORD

Schmetternde Schwerter (CLOSED, OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:00 am

I should really get back into Warfighter...but...eh...

Anyway, Muro, I was thinking of bombarding your coastline when this thing takes off. Of course, that will mean me having to obliterate the Kreigsmarine and your Naval Aviation (not sure the German word for that, probably long and impossible to pronounce). Probably something similar to what the U.S. did in The Bear and the Dragon. Just too psych out your government and people.

That being said, it would awesome if we could blend in politics and the Homefront with this RP. I've never seen it done in NS where people talk about the political ramifications of war. For Sylva, that will mainly mean thousands of refugees and a large antiwar sentiment within Parliament. We could also delve into the prisoners of war and the occupied people in captured territory.

So anyway, if you can, Muro, can you give me a vague idea/outline of what CRIMFLT (Sylvan Crimson Sea Fleet) will be going up against? Also, how is your situation with satellites?

Sorry if it seems I'm going off on tangents and away from the idea of the RP. Just the way mind works, I guess.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:41 am

The navy ain't very spectacular. Couple of destroyers, subs, frigates and a bunch of FACs of varying levels of modernity. Naval aviation doesn't exist, that's covered by the Air Force. Be my guest and bomb Kronstadt, that'll get loads of recruits into the military :D

Clausewitz said some three things were inseparable: army, people and government and I love to hold by that (which is why I got a bit annoyed when Havensky just randomly decided to jump into HH). Millions of people will be fleeing both ways and your people might be angry at the government for 'starting' the war. I'm expecting to have to create ghettos to stuff all those Sylvan civvies into, which won't be nice.

Satellite capability will be rudimentary. Some comms, weather and spy satellite capabilities (able to take pictures of the area once a day). Nothing too spectacular, take 'em out if you wish but their contribution will be negligible.

TBH I think that the Bear and the Dragon is one of the worst books Clancy has ever written (much better than Red Rabbit tho). I think you'd agree that the tactics and logic are a bit far-fetched (especially with the whole Rommeling through Chinese supply lines).
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Murovanka wrote:The navy ain't very spectacular. Couple of destroyers, subs, frigates and a bunch of FACs of varying levels of modernity. Naval aviation doesn't exist, that's covered by the Air Force. Be my guest and bomb Kronstadt, that'll get loads of recruits into the military :D

Clausewitz said some three things were inseparable: army, people and government and I love to hold by that (which is why I got a bit annoyed when Havensky just randomly decided to jump into HH). Millions of people will be fleeing both ways and your people might be angry at the government for 'starting' the war. I'm expecting to have to create ghettos to stuff all those Sylvan civvies into, which won't be nice.

Satellite capability will be rudimentary. Some comms, weather and spy satellite capabilities (able to take pictures of the area once a day). Nothing too spectacular, take 'em out if you wish but their contribution will be negligible.

TBH I think that the Bear and the Dragon is one of the worst books Clancy has ever written (much better than Red Rabbit tho). I think you'd agree that the tactics and logic are a bit far-fetched (especially with the whole Rommeling through Chinese supply lines).

Agree to disagree - I enjoyed it, because it's one of the few that has the sort of nationstates-style action (that, Exec. Orders, Red Storm Rising). Some of his other books tend to bore me, because I'm always looking for explosions and tank battles. But in terms of realism, your right - and there is no way one brigade (even the First Armored) would have been able to destroy an entire Shock Army spread across such a large area.

And don't even get me started with the JSOWs.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:13 am

Yeah, the JSOWs were way out of line. So too the air battles. Did he wipe out the entire Chinese air force with a single squadron? This one pilot racked up twenty-something kills, if I remember correctly. Clear and Present Danger was awesome, I really wanna read it again cuz I didn't understand it properly the first time but somehow I lost it :mad:

I thought about the Naval Aviation thing. It makes sense to have aircraft under the navies control (combat and SAR choppers, coastal patrol, surveillance and recon aircraft) so I've named it- thanks to you- the Seestreitkräfteluftverteidungsfliegerkampfflotte (Navy Air Defense Aerial Combat Fleet). Don't worry though, they are pretty much irrelevant.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:43 am

Murovanka wrote:Yeah, the JSOWs were way out of line. So too the air battles. Did he wipe out the entire Chinese air force with a single squadron? This one pilot racked up twenty-something kills, if I remember correctly. Clear and Present Danger was awesome, I really wanna read it again cuz I didn't understand it properly the first time but somehow I lost it :mad:

I thought about the Naval Aviation thing. It makes sense to have aircraft under the navies control (combat and SAR choppers, coastal patrol, surveillance and recon aircraft) so I've named it- thanks to you- the Seestreitkräfteluftverteidungsfliegerkampfflotte (Navy Air Defense Aerial Combat Fleet). Don't worry though, they are pretty much irrelevant.

Yeah, and then he really played up that General Peng fellow's idiocy. "Here, let me step out of the command vehicle and light a cigarette on the front line."

And I'm not even going to try and say that.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:47 am

You guys gonna snatch my scientist or what? Just take him already and come bomb. My troops will get annoyed at having to stand at full readiness for months. Oh, and some of them are criminals. I'd rather let them shoot up Sylvans than shoot up, well, my own.
Last edited by Murovanka on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:21 am

Murovanka wrote:You guys gonna snatch my scientist or what? Just take him already and come bomb. My troops will get annoyed at having to stand at full readiness for months. Oh, and some of them are criminals. I'd rather let them shoot up Sylvans than shoot up, well, my own.

I'll post after both OS and Aemen and Chese (?) I don't want to start the shooting until everyone has made introductions.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:30 am

I just saw Aemen's post. Things are gonna get really interesting.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:08 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
I'll post after both OS and Aemen and Chese (?) I don't want to start the shooting until everyone has made introductions.

You can go ahead, let's not get too hung up on this.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Added a news portion to beef up my post in the IC.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:41 pm

Ugh, I really need to come up with my own newspaper article design to spread my counter-propaganda. Edit: never mind, I think mine looks good enough for now. Counter-propaganda is ACTIVATED :D

I could even make some totally independent and neutral analysis of current events to ensure that everyone knows who the true aggressor is (if that's not obvious enough yet).
Last edited by Murovanka on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Murovanka wrote:Ugh, I really need to come up with my own newspaper article design to spread my counter-propaganda. Edit: never mind, I think mine looks good enough for now. Counter-propaganda is ACTIVATED :D

I could even make some totally independent and neutral analysis of current events to ensure that everyone knows who the true aggressor is (if that's not obvious enough yet).

I think that's a great idea. And good header (and post) btw. Very well done.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:10 am

Currently typing up a really long and shitty-written newspaper report which would hopefully explain the situation. After that, please bomb the nuclear facility (or add anything for the build-up to it).

Aemen, I'd really like to know how you've decided on how Saxony currently is faring and being run. Gotta rail the troops against something.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Aemen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aemen » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Murovanka wrote:Currently typing up a really long and shitty-written newspaper report which would hopefully explain the situation. After that, please bomb the nuclear facility (or add anything for the build-up to it).

Aemen, I'd really like to know how you've decided on how Saxony currently is faring and being run. Gotta rail the troops against something.

Sorry, I've been trying to juggle multiple things. Having two jobs isn't always fun.

I'm off tomorrow though and I've been writing a post on Saxony's predicament. All in all, I've decided that it'll be something of a non-neutral Switzerland; conscription for all able males, the whole military itself numbering around 150,000 personnel, around just under a quarter of which are professionals with the rest being militia and volunteers. The government is a constitutional monarchy headed by a young duke and his fledgling family, whilst the government is led by an elected Council of Representatives, rather than a single figure such as a prime minister. The duke can override the council's decision at any time, though this of course would carry consequences.

In terms of economy, citizenry, infrastructure, industry, I'll fill it all into my post tomorrow.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:57 pm

Sounds great, looking forward to it.

Make sure you look at the battle map and make some references to the units placed on it. :)

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 am

My post reminds me of my terrible english essays. Repeat, repeat, repeat stuff... gets me top scores, so my bad, habit is kinda hard to get rid of. It's mostly just background-building stuff so go ahead with the bombing (remember, March 2016).

Aemen, don't worry and take your time. Keep in mind that the majority of the population still are good-for-nothing Wankers, so... how are you going to deal with possible loyalty issues if their brothers come marching in to liberate them? :P
Last edited by Murovanka on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:09 am

Okay, moving on to 2016 Anno Domini...

Before the bombing (March 2016), would everyone please post their respective ORBATs (and work out any other build-ups). You can edit it later if necessary. Now, from mid February onward, the Streitkräfte der Volksrepublik is going to be in a super high state of alert. Planned frontline combat forces will be transportable to the front within 48 hours after the order is given.

Should we say that SL troops (esp Sylvan) are limited to several thousand, and aircraft, in Saxony (as they don't want to escalate the situation) while Sylvan reinforcements are stationed in Sylva ready to cross once alerted? We'll have to edit the map accordingly. I'll post an updated, zoomed-in version of the map later on.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:22 am

OS Forces in Theater

XIV Corps (OS Army)
-7th Calvary Division
-17th Airborne Division
-29th Infantry Division
-31st Infantry Division
Tactical Air Command (OSAF)
-Nineteenth Air Force
-Third Air Force
Strategic Air Command (OSAF)
-Second Air Force
-Eigth Air Force
Organized States Fleet Forces Command (OSFLTFORCOM) (OSN)
-2nd Fleet
-Carrier Strike Group Six
-Carrier Strike Group Fourteen
-8th Fleet
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:40 am

Syl, I removed your army units to take a picture of peaceful Saxony which I'll upload here and then I moved them back into place, apologies if I placed them wrongly (are you gonna move them back to Sylva for now?). Nice post btw, I'm only bothered a little by the King's close friendship with a lowly commoner and his rather unaristocratic language. But that's prolly only me :P
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:01 am

Murovanka wrote:Syl, I removed your army units to take a picture of peaceful Saxony which I'll upload here and then I moved them back into place, apologies if I placed them wrongly (are you gonna move them back to Sylva for now?). Nice post btw, I'm only bothered a little by the King's close friendship with a lowly commoner and his rather unaristocratic language. But that's prolly only me :P

Commoner? You mean the First Minister of Sylva?

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:15 am

Nova Sylva wrote:Commoner? You mean the First Minister of Sylva?

Mais oui
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:46 pm

17th Infantry Brigade (Mechanized)
11th Infantry Brigade (Mechanized)
29th Armored Cavalry Regiment
12th Infantry Brigade (Mechanized)
13th Infantry Brigade (Mechanized)
15th Armored Brigade
21st Armored Brigade
32nd Infantry Brigade (Mechanized)
36th Infantry Brigade (Mechanized)
23rd Airmobile Brigade
24th Armored Cavalry Regiment
27th Armored Cavalry Regiment
22nd Airmobile Brigade

Updates coming soon.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Landstreitkräfte der Volksrepublik (LAVRE, Ground Forces)
Commander-in-chief: Generalfeldmarschall Ludwig von der Leijen

1. Armee (First Army, 62,660)
  • 10. Füsilierdivision
  • 11. Füsilierdivision
  • 12. Füsilierdivision
  • 26. Fallschirmjägerdivision

2. Armee (Second Army, 62,660)
  • 13. Füsilierdivision
  • 14. Füsilierdivision
  • 15. Füsilierdivision
  • 101. Fallschirmjägerdivision

3. Armee (Third Army, 62,660)
  • 16. Füsilierdivision
  • 17. Füsilierdivision
  • 18. Füsilierdivision
  • 27. Fallschirmjägerdivision

I Panzerkorps (48,860)
  • 4. Panzerdivision
  • 5. Panzerdivision
  • 6. Panzerdivision

II Panzerkorps (48,860)
  • 7. Panzerdivision
  • 8. Panzerdivision
  • 9. Panzerdivision

Unattached/Further Reserves in Theatre (137,880)
  • 19. Füsilierdivision
  • 20. Füsilierdivision
  • 21. Füsilierdivision
  • 22. Füsilierdivision
  • 23. Füsilierdivision
  • 24. Füsilierdivision
  • 28. Gebirgsjägerdivision
  • 29. Gebirgsjägerdivision
  • 30. Gebirgsjägerdivision

Total: ~430,000 troops

Strategy will be the following (so you guys can RP responses without me having to write it all out for every sector): They are lined up according to how they would be deployed around 40 hours after the bombing of the nuclear facility, just about when my air attacks are about to commence.

In each army, the three Mechanised Divisions will advance slowly on a line, to stay under their mobile SAM umbrella (due to SL air supremacy) and proceed to capture their objectives. Each army has an elite Airborne (Fallschirmjäger) division which will act as tactical reserve. Quick, mobile Iraq-style warfare will not be initially conducted because the Sylvans are way better at that and we don’t want any easy holes in our defences which the enemy can exploit.

On the mechanised divisional level, the armored regiment will lead the way followed closely by the three mechanised regiments.

Two Panzer-Corps (actually just a collection of independent divisions) will remain ons standby in case any holes in the SL defences are created/detected where they can pile in and proceed to either hit SL supply lines, encircle enemy formations or capture other strategic objectives (whichever is deemed more beneficial by the General Staff).

Equipment-wise the Wankan army runs on a mix of semi-modern to modern Russian, German and some American (only choppers, if I recall correctly) systems. Generally inferior to SL equipment, and when coupled with spending-per-head, the inferior training and morale when comparing the Sylvan to the average Wankan soldier makes an SL brigade just about less combat effective than an entire Wankan Füsilier-Division (not accounting for the aerial situation or the officer corps, in which the SL one is definitely superior). Is this okay to everyone?

Here's a repost of my standard Füsilier-Division.

I’ll add aerial assets and more details later on, these ORBATs will come onto the OP later on. I believe Achesia wants to, erm, change the mood in Saxony a little before the bombing occurs so I guess we'll wait for that. Churning up some newspaper articles in the meantime.
Last edited by Murovanka on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Aemen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aemen » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:17 am

Saxon Defence Force
Commanding Officer - Lieutenant Colonel Danel Aiza.

Southern Saxon Corps - 4,250 Personnel
4th Infantry Regiment
5th Infantry Regiment
1st Ducal Commandos 'Hyperion'
9th Armoured Battalion

Central Combat Command - 8,500 Personnel
7th Infantry Regiment
1st Infantry Regiment
12th Infantry Regiment
2nd Armoured Battalion
3rd Ducal Commandos 'Brushstroke'

Northern Saxon Corps - 4,250 Personnel
3rd Infantry Regiment
6th Infantry Regiment
5th Armoured Battalion
4th Ducal Commandos 'Nemesis'

Total Personnel - 17,000

As you guys can tell from the names, these are deployed in various 'campaign' areas within Saxony along the Wankan border. I doubt they'll last long when the fireworks start, so this is more just for reference rather than anything else so Muro (and possibly Erquin?) knows what his guys are shooting at, I'll be sure to put them on the map shortly. The central corps of men is larger due to it being the brain, where Aiza and his officers are directing Saxon efforts from.

Being a small rather dependent nation, Saxony is understandably limited in its military options; small airforce, no navy, no artillery, no missile defence systems or otherwise and a huge chunk of its army are militia or volunteers. What you see above are its only professional elements.

As for the Aemen ORBAT, expect that when the dust has already been kicked up.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Wanka, what about your western flank? You do realize I could (and was planning too) storm into Wanka proper, smashing the forces you had deployed on Saxony's southern edge into our defensive positions in Saxony (an anvil) with the 1. Manuever Group (the hammer). But now I could literally just waltz my way to Kronstadt. You may want to change that - and if you want to metagame that's okay - I have other strategies planned :-)
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents