NATION

PASSWORD

USJR Conference Thread (IC, Invite Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantorrum » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Pearce smiled. "No, we aren't done yet. You never answered my question. What if the Konetyan people do not wish to be part of the Federation? What if they demand to be independent?" He then folded his brow. "And how can you possibly know the resolution will fail, unless you've been working behind the shadows to undermine the resolution and the desires of the Konetyan people?"

He then wrote down some more notes, drank some water, and then looked back at the Secretary.
"And I'm sorry, but no. I do not wish to repeal the resolution. We've made mistakes, and for that we are sorry. I think now is as good a time as ever to begin following the resolution. As for this...this deal, I'm under the impression we were speaking in hypotheticals. I was hoping to discuss an alternative deal. Because ultimately, my Senate has ratify any treaty we make here. And if I go back to them with just one deal, and they reject it, we need an alternative deal. So let us continue under the hypothetical that Konetya doesn't wish to join the Federation."
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:11 pm

"Mister President, I must be rather blunt." The Secretary said without any warmth in his voice. "The Resolution is, again, not an issue. That is my answer to the question. My government will not tolerate being lectured to and questioned by an administration which can have the same questions posed about it. I have instructions to conduct productive talks. As Head Ambassador Jones has stated, the goal of this meeting is mutual discourse and not clear attempts at unhelpful rhetoric." Vadimir looked at the Rhodeve envoy when making his remark.

"As for your other remark," the Secretary returned his gaze to the President, flipping his stylus in his hand, "I must again refer to my instructions. I am not authorized to discuss any such arrangement where Konetya is not apart of the Federation. I hope you can respect these wishes, as I no doubt a man such as yourself would not tolerate a man who goes against the President's word. The only thing I can propose on the matter is another summit, in a year in a half, discussing such an outcome. I suggest they are held here, in Ile du Fleurs."

"So here are our terms." the man continued, looking down at his computer.

1. Konetya will become an autonomous state within the Ophioneus Federation.
a) The State of Konetya will be exempt from he National Assembly and Continental Congress in terms of domestic laws.
b) Konetya will not have an independent foreign policy from the Federation
C) Konetya will send their constitutionally fair number of representatives to the National Assembly and Continental Congress to vote in the Assembly.
i) Their votes on intrastate issues carry no weight and will be symbolic. Their votes on interstate issues or foreign policy shall be counted fairly, like all other delegates.
d) The Konetyan military will become the 7th Army Core and 7th Air Army of the Federation
i) This army shall consist only of Konetyans, and be deployed in Konetya.
ii) This army shall have a commander nominated by the President of Konetya, and confirmed by the Continental Congress.
iii) Other armies of the Federation will not be permitted to deploy in Konetya.
2. Pantorrum will enter a free trade agreement with the Federation.
a) Pantorrum companies shall be reimbursed, in total, 24 Billion Pantorran Dollars.
3. Pantorrum military units in Konetya will be reduced to 5,500.
a) The NSB Data Collection Center shall remain.
b) Their embassy shall remain within Konetya City.
i) This embassy can be moved out of Konetya City and into Jamestown at any time, or Pantorrum can open another embassy within Jamestown. "

The Secretary finished reading the terms. "Now, I will appreciate comments to this proposal. Then, I would like a one hour recess. To let changes be discussed."
Last edited by Ophioneus on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Pearce looked over the arrangement, still weary. Reading through it line by line, the deal was exactly what they had discussed. But somehow Pearce felt taken advantage of, as if his back was against a wall. Konetya was a place where he had total control. A place that amplified his foreign policy and solidified his place in history. Giving it away was not easy for him.

“I can agree to this recess,” he said, making eye contact with the Secretary of State from the Federation.
Last edited by Pantorrum on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:22 pm

“Then, if we are all in agreement, let us have a one hour recess.” Head Ambassador John Jones said, looking between the two of them and standing up from his chair. “There is no doubt a lot to be thought over.”

“Please feel free to use any and all facilities in the palace on this floor for discussion.” Quall gestured to the door.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Pearce rose from the table, giving the Federation representative a nod. Walking off, he made his way to the gardens and sat down on a bench. 2 Secret Service Agents shadowed him at the edge of the area, watching the President and his surroundings. Sitting there, Pearce could not help but consider his many years in office. He had done his best to lead the country, at least in every way he could. He had to the NSB breathing down his back. And with half the world holding his entire agenda against him, it hadn't been easy. And now it had come to this. They were on the verge of war with the Federation, the economy was in turmoil, and a deadly disease was amplifying their economic woes for reasons he still wasn't entirely clear on.

He was getting old. He was half way through his third term, on his way out of the Executive Office and Politics all together. And here he was, sitting in a garden while his entire legacy was on the verge of collapse. But in all fairness, there wasn't much else to do but think. The Federation was immovable. They refused what he had pushed for at every turn, and it seemed the only option to keep Konetya free was by fighting a war to do so. He had amassed immense international support from Pantorrum's allies, but it was a road he'd rather not go down.

Truthfully, he didn't actually care at all about the 'will of the people' in Konetya. His interest was strictly selfish. His era of rule in Pantorrum was coming to an end, and what he had done in Konetya would extend his legacy well beyond his lifetime. Preserving that legacy was key to him. And his other concern was power. Konetya was a stretgic place for the positioning of nuclear arms, extending the arsenals reach to far Divergia and Azovskaya. It served as a launching point for future campaigns against the Federation, and a useful place for the collection and mining of rare konetyan resources. He wanted Konetya for Pantorrum, not for the Konetyan People.

Of course he couldn't just come out and say that, he had to be diplomatic. He had to sell a set point: the Konetyan people wish to be free. And normally, the will of the people was enough to turn away hopeless moralistic leaders like the Rezuan Empress and the Rhodeve monarch. But the Federation was just as caniving and low down as Pearce. Which made is impossible to take any sort of high ground. It would seem that he had no choice but to accept the plan and avoid a war...
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:09 pm

The Secretary rose from his seat, and took the moment to button up his jacket. To him, appearance was important. He was taught to maintain his appearance at all cost. It showed, in most cases, strength. An ability to remain calm, regardless of the situation. It was a tactic he used regularly. Maintaining composure has served him well, in front of bosses and also in front of foes. The man walked out of the room without a word, and after the President of Pantorrum, made his way to the gardens. Two guards walked beside the man. Their shoes clicked against the ground as they made their way to the garden at a leisurely pace. Once he walked out of the building, the warm sun met the man's face. His eyes squinted in the sudden change of light. The warm sea breeze filled his lungs. He relaxed. But only a little. Without a word, he would roam the garden for a little bit of time. For ten minutes or so, he would make his way through the lush greenery. He thought about his next words. They would be extremely important.

After the end of his aimless roaming period, he deliberately maundered around until he stumbled into President Pearce. He smiled, when seeing the man. He watched as the guards turned suddenly and stiffened up. He waved off the guards. "I wish the weather was this warm where I lived," the Secretary joked. "And indeed, the sea is just so spectacular, peaceful," he added, gesturing towards the crisp blue water, just a few hundred feet away." The man paused for a moment, turning to admire the moment. "If you wouldn't mind, I have a few words to say... in private," Vadimir finally said. With a wave of his hand, the Ophioneus security guards turned to walk away. He waited for the President to nod his men away. Once he did so, the Secretary came to stand next to the man, as they overlooked the sea.

"My government knows how you feel about us. To be fair, our past does not help our reputation. Today is a new age, however. President Innokenty does believe in democracy. Free trade. Civil rights. He, and others, believe that our nation can work together. In trade, foreign affairs. The United Sunalayan Assembly. We can be better partners than enemies. Friends even. As you know, it is hard to do this when we are poking each other with nuclear tipped spears. Novorossiysk. Konetya. We don't have to provoke each other. If Pantorrum leaves Konetya, we will leave Novorossiysk. In fact, we can do more. Io is willing to promise," the man unfolded a piece of paper in his pocket and handed it to the President. "that Ophioneus will no longer intervene in the affairs of Ventismar militarily. In exchange, we ask that Pantorrum does likewise for the continent of Ophion. For the rest of the world, we can work together to promote common interests. Together, our nations can influence the United Sunalayan Assembly. Make sure the Assembly promote goals supported by our nation. In fact, we can work with Rhodevus on such matters as well. Picture it. Three of the world's most powerful organizations. Pantorrum, Ophioneus, the Commonwealth. Together, we can make sure the world avoid calamity. Solve the issues we face. War. Economic downturn. Health crisis's. We can build a new order for the world. One that will promote our vision for the future." The Secretary crossed his hands in front of his waist, and looked out at the sea.
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 am

The president rose, standing near the Secretary and facing the sea himself. It was beautiful. Even more so, given the circumstances. Perhaps all was not lost.

"And interesting proposition, Secretary Vladmir. I am willing to sign the Konetya Treaty as is, and I am all but convinced that I can pull that 44 votes needed to ratify the treaty. If it is in the interest of peace, and if it is to avoid war and conflict, then that is the course we must follow." He cleared his throat, turning to face the Secretary after looking over the paper. "As for this other arrangement, I think it represents an intriguing possibility. A mutual accord, and agreement to respect one another and work together, could change the world as we know. At present, Sunalaya is battered with revolution and bloodshed everywhere we look. It seems that on nearly every continent, blood is being shed and innocence lost. The state of the world has not been such in many decades. This...violence...concerns me, and it concerns my people. We would be very happy to accept such a deal with the Federation and Rhodevus. We may have our differences, but you're are right. Setting aside those differences, we can work together to shape a better planet for generations to come. Combined, our three respective nations represent some of the most powerful forces on the globe. I do believe we can tackle any issue together." He too folded his arms. He was skeptical of the Federation and always had been. He did not believe they could be trusted. But perhaps he was wrong, perhaps there was actually something for him to gain from it all. "I think our three nations working together, in a sort of Triumvirate," he smiled at having discovered the word, "would be beneficial for each of us and the world as a whole."
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:51 pm

The Secretary continued to look out at the deep blue sea. He continued to take in the beauty of the site, while heeding the words of the President. He kept a straight face as he listened to the man. However, he was glad to hear the response. It was something his nation wanted. Io would be pleased. "Triumvirate is an interesting word, but I believe its connotation is correct for this case," the Secretary said. "We can make much more progress together. I know that it may take time to build up trust... but once this is done, the benefits would be many. The world has faced too much bloodshed. Too much war. Too much animosity and chaos. We can be the light in the darkness. We can lead the world to salvation, together. If you with to discuss the Triumvirate, as you will, with the Chief Rhodeve Ambassador, I suggest coming back to the meeting room ten minutes before the break is expected to end. I will inform the Ambassador to do likewise," the Secretary stated, rocking slightly on his heals to get the blood flow going in his legs. "This is a topic they have been informed of before in regards to other nations. They will be on board with this proposal." The man turned his face towards the President. "Now, if you will excuse me, I will go inform the Rhodeve Ambassador. I will hopefully see you in a few moments," he added, turning back to the sea for one more glimpse. Then, the man walked off to tell the Chief Ambassador, again taking another long stroll through the garden.

After a few minutes, he found the Chief Ambassador. Casually, the man walked up to Jones. "Cormiar has been read in on the situation and they agree. I suggest we get the ball rolling. I will see you back in the room soon." With those words, the man turned and made his way back to the meeting room. He waited for the others.
Last edited by Ophioneus on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:55 am

Pearce had been looking out at the sea for some time. The waves crashing against the shore, the sun reflecting brightly off the beautiful blue sea. It was a gorgeous, mild day. Not a cloud to be seen and not a voice to be heard. Birds chirping, bees buzzing, and flowers springing up brightly as winter was fading away. For a moment, and just a moment, he felt at absolute peace. He knew it wouldn’t last, and this peace couldn’t truly be. But for those seconds, he dreamed of staying here forever. Of forgetting the problems of the world, the troubles that plague Pantorrum. Of casting aside his difficulties and troubles, breaking free from all inhibitions.

Sadly, he was burdened with leadership. When he first ran for President, he had an optimistic goal. He wanted Pantorrum to become a shining beacon of economic and military power. He strived day in and day out to reshape the country and redefine what it meant to be Pantorran. To make a better country, a better world, a better life for generations to follow. And somewhere in all of it he lost himself. He lost sight of what was really important. But perhaps this new opportunity could rectify that, and perhaps he could end 9 years of a turbulent Presidency on a positive note. If Konetya was lost and that legacy destroyed, then at least it could be replaced with this new achievement. This new deal.

Checking his watch and realizing the time, he turned and his guess flanked him at either side as he returned to the conference room ten minutes early, just as requested.
Last edited by Pantorrum on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:32 pm

The Head Ambassador nodded at the secretary's words, walking off away from the meeting room and toward's the Governor's office where he knew Quall was going to be. He knocked softly on the door. "It's me." He waited for a response then walked inside. Henrietta Qall was sitting at her desk hunched over a stack of documents, pen in hand.

"Matters of state wait for no meeting, unfortunately. Do the ambassadors wish to get started earlier?" Quall began rising from her seat. "No, no. It's alright." Jones held his hands out, "The ambassadors are wanting to change the discussion slightly. It is still on the topic of peace in Konetya, but it has moved to a place above your security clearance."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive." Jones nodded, "I will let you know if and when the topic returns to a place that is at your level. Don't worry, the queen will know everything that is and will be happening here."
Henrietta nodded slowly. John Jones was the Head Ambassador. While she technically outranked him in Rhodeve politics, he was still the second highest ranking non-royal when it came to international politics. The man even made up the fourth member of the the security tetrad. She had no choice but to listen and oblige to his request.

The Head Ambassador returned to the conference room just as the Pantorran president took his seat, closing the door behind him. "Now gentlemen. Let's begin our new topic"
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:57 pm

The Secretary sat at the table with his fingures crossed. He squeezed his knuckles. They gave off a slight cracking sound has he did so. He leaned on his elbows, taking the time to look at both men. "Head Ambassador, President Pearce has been read in. In addition to the accord that has been discussed, this will be the other part of the agreement. My President has sent me with instructions to assure the future well being of Sunalaya. To do this, we wish to work with your governments on matters of foreign policy. Work together to promote our interests in the United Sunalaya Assembly. That the Federation agrees to not intervene militarily in Dogma or Ventismar. In exchange, we expect likewise. In all other theaters we expect to cooperate with you all. We will promote our joint interests. Fight deaease, poverty, warfare. Stop the turmoil. End the bloodshed. Provide stability."
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:14 pm

"Yes," the head ambassador said, looking from the Pantorran president to the Ophionian secretary. "This 'unofficial' agreement is a sound one that if utilized correctly as it has in the past can have lasting effects on the world. It kept the cold war from becoming heated. And it helped rocket certain nations into the forefront of international diplomacy." He spoke directly at the President when speaking. "Rhodevus will stay out of Ophion in continental matters, not including trade and industry of course and Ophioneus will stay out of Dogmana and Ventismar, under the same precedence. We can all discuss particulars of showing our cooperation another time if needed, between each of our nations, if we do not all meet again together in the near future."
She/Her

Factbook

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:35 pm

The Socialist Republic of Kiez and the Federation of Ophioneus

The trees in the Federal Quarter were beginning to go into their full green glory. The warm air from the hills to the west filled Jamestown, making it warm but not too hot. People wore light clothing, as the weather was not fit for the heavy coats of the winter. The guards patrolling the walls of the Federal Quarter, did were no exception. Even in jackets and bullet proof vests they walked the walls of the capital. From here, a lot happened. And today was a special day.

As the convey, consisting of several black limos with Federation and Kiez flags, quickly passed through the main gate into the Federal Quarter. Guards stood at attention as the convey came by. As the cars drove into the quarter, the busy city was replaced with lush greenery, divided only by brick. A few suited men and woman, wearing jackets, could be seen walking between 1600th century buildings. The guiled buildings had their more modern contemporaries, home to embassies form around the world. The host nations flag was hung outside of these buildings, and were blowing in the breeze.

In a few short minutes the convey arrived at their destination. King's Court, the former seat of the monarch during the Empire, was now where the President met world leaders. The white, gold tipped building, had a marble staircase leading up to its broad enterence. There, President Io stood, waiting. He wore a dark blue suit, Federation flag pin, and had a white card in his suit pocket.. As the convey came to a halt, he walked forward.

"Greetings General Krukov," Io said, raising his hand for a handshake. "Let us go inside." Io let his guest exit the car and walk into the building.

A cold wave greeted them as they entered. The building was just as luxurious inside as it was outside. Gold trimmings, red carpet, massive chandeliers. The roof was a painted fresco of the Empire's accomplishments before 1700. Everything was original. Io led the leader to the center of the room. Two chairs were set up, around a dark wooden table. Next to the guest's place there was a pen, paper, her nation's flag and two glasses. Io's spot had his notebook, pen, and two glasses. Between the two rested two bottles. One was fresh water. The other was a bottle of chilled Vodka.

"I am glad that Kiez has finally come to the table. It is about time," Io said, gesturing to the seat for his guest. After the General sat, Io took his seat. "So, have you come to your senses?"
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Kiez
Attaché

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiez » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Ophioneus wrote:- Snip -

Jamestown, Ophioneus
The Federal Quarter
General Krukov

For the seasoned general, his journey to the capital of Ophioneus was one of silence, contemplating what options and what course he could take in order to ensure that the Federation of Ophioneus would not become the next foe to stand against Kiez, the border that the two countries shared making it a very likely danger that Ophioneus would attempt to strongarm Kiez into complying with their demand of unification. He was not a politician, nor was he a diplomat containing the necessary abilities to talk out a compromise but his age, his experience, and status as the leading General in all of the Kiez Armed Forces meant that he had interacted with Io when still serving as the chief military advisor in the Mortimer Administration. Krukov understood President Io than most other members even within the Premier's Inner Circle so perhaps this could offer him some space to work around Io's rigid stance: This was the chance to rid Ophioneus of it's cold shoulder to Kiez, something that had never truly recovered after Kiez turned down the offer to join the Federation.

"We have always been willing to come to the table Mr. President." Krukov replied in kind, placing his military cap on the right side of the table, revealing a mound of flat grey hair. His military career had done nothing good to Krukov's appearance over the years, being mostly relegated to ensuing that Kiez had a viable conventional defense strategy should any of its numerous enemies and potential threats move to invade the Socialist Republic. "It is simply that by joining the Federation do we risk losing our national identity, the very ability to act as our people desire as well as critically hinder our ability to act upon hostile intent to other Socialist states such as the EUSR." Krukov knew that it would be difficult to try convincing Io on getting on the side of Kiez without joining the Federation but also realized that recent events revolving in and around Ventismar could work to his advantage should he spin the story correctly.

"Our people are hesitant to join because we see the threats surrounding us and your nation's cold shoulder doesn't help ease our suspicions that we could face an attack at any time." Krukov's expression was one of deep thought, as if considering his next words before eventually continuing "To be blunt President Io our people are concerned of the fact that they will be under the rule of an administration that is composed entirely of individuals from Ophioneus: a foreign rule in which Kiezans will not be able to have proper representation."
"The most important thing when ill is to never lose heart"
- Vladimir Lenin

Puppet of The Fallen Jedi
Economical Stats (GDP, HDI, Etc) reflect that of the Federal Republic of Germany

Engleberg wrote:"The Sunrisians and MDAA promise them prosperity, but in the slums of West Corentia the homeless and the hungry know the truth! They have been forgotten, they have nothing! But. Their. Anger! We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration! PEACE... THROUGH... POWER....!"

Farnhamia wrote:What is the matter with you people?

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:14 pm

The Federation
Federal Quarter

"General," Io began, leaning back in his chair, "the Federation is that: a fair representation of all its members. Azovskaya is an equal member, with representation in the National Assembly, Continental Congress, and appointed to several positions in my Executive Council. So I see no air in that argument. Together we can stand up to the world. Look at the rest of the world!" Io said, shaking both his hands. "They are tearing the world apart. They are picking fights, developing nuclear weapons or threatening to use them. They are children. Together, under freedom and unity, can we bring progress to the world!" The former General sat up slightly more.

"The people of Kiez should not fear us. We seek to protect our people. Our blood. We, the people of Ophion, have been pushed around and oppressed for too long! Look at the VU, how they are now bullying our cousins to the north. It is simply.... Unacceptable!"
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Kiez
Attaché

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiez » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Ophioneus wrote:The Federation
Federal Quarter

"General," Io began, leaning back in his chair, "the Federation is that: a fair representation of all its members. Azovskaya is an equal member, with representation in the National Assembly, Continental Congress, and appointed to several positions in my Executive Council. So I see no air in that argument. Together we can stand up to the world. Look at the rest of the world!" Io said, shaking both his hands. "They are tearing the world apart. They are picking fights, developing nuclear weapons or threatening to use them. They are children. Together, under freedom and unity, can we bring progress to the world!" The former General sat up slightly more.

"The people of Kiez should not fear us. We seek to protect our people. Our blood. We, the people of Ophion, have been pushed around and oppressed for too long! Look at the VU, how they are now bullying our cousins to the north. It is simply.... Unacceptable!"

Jamestown, Ophioneus
The Federal Quarter
General Krukov

Krukov sat quietly, taking in each and every single word that Io spoke and yet with each passing moment would the General understand the President's point: Ventismar was a powder keg ready to explode violently, unleashing a conflict that could be up to the scale of the Second World War and yet there was something that Io didn't fathom, nor did he understand in the slightest. The people of Kiez were proud people, fiercely independent and determined to pave their own path to the future: there was no doubt that even if a second referendum was introduced that it would be shot down simply because the people refused to turn back the clock: they would move forward no matter the cost.

"We do not fear the people of Ophioneus Mr. President!" Krukov replied in kind, his left hand tightening into a fist that shook ever so slightly with what remained of the General's passion "The people of Kiez have seen the very depths of hell itself, from the horrors of war, blocks of people standing in line for even a single loaf of bread and especially persecution of those who SHARED our god damned philosophy!" Krukov produced a vanilla folder that he slid towards Io "Within that document is a damning piece of info that not only threatens the very existence of Kiez, but also that of the Federation of Ophioneus." The contents of the folder were regarding what information that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as the Ministry of Defense, could obtain regarding the VU's Pan-Ventismarian Missile Plan "Those Imperialistic devils have the gall to even consider production of such weaponry that will very likely be used to force us to kneel before their authority and yet it is Kiez that raises their weapon up in opposition, here we stand alone in support to allow the EUSR and it's people to live on in prosperity."

The fierce passion burning within Krukov caused him to rise up in his seat and place both of his palms on the table "Open your eyes Innokenty, While we sit here and squabble over Kiez choosing to retain it's own national identity does the West conspire our demise!" Krukov seated himself, his eyes still burning bright with a fire that hadn't been seen since the Cold War "Our two nations have stood together for countless decades and yet you find it prudent to shatter such a close bond because we choose to remain as an independent entity?" He paused for a few moments, allowing himself additional time to calm his frayed nerves "Have we not proven ourselves a stalwart ally to the nation that gave us the freedom to pave our own path? The people of Kiez desire to reestablish ties with the nation of Ophioneus, to those who gave us the ability to choose who we become: but not at the extent of turning back the clock."
Last edited by Kiez on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most important thing when ill is to never lose heart"
- Vladimir Lenin

Puppet of The Fallen Jedi
Economical Stats (GDP, HDI, Etc) reflect that of the Federal Republic of Germany

Engleberg wrote:"The Sunrisians and MDAA promise them prosperity, but in the slums of West Corentia the homeless and the hungry know the truth! They have been forgotten, they have nothing! But. Their. Anger! We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration! PEACE... THROUGH... POWER....!"

Farnhamia wrote:What is the matter with you people?

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:29 pm

The Federation
Federal Quarter

Io took his turn to silently listen to the General. Nearly a century before his country was ravaged by a war brought from the west. Io, like many other leaders before him, sought to prevent this struggle. Preventing war in the west was a struggle many leaders took personally. Yet despite this.... Io tuned his attention back to the man before him. He made eye contact with the man has he made his remarks. When the folder was slid over to him, the President slowly reached up to grab it. It felt heavy in his hands. The man listened to the General finish his statement before peering into its contents. He shook his head as he read it.

The President lowered his head slightly. The General had a point. While he was here arguing about boarders.... The West encroached on nations Io himself used to defend. He paused, clenching his fist. In a few moments, he stood up and walked over to the window. He took a moment to touch the glass. He looked at the city going about its day. After almost a minute. He had to admit... The man had a point. Turning back, Io looked at the General. "We cannot let this transgression go unpunished.... But then.... Ophioneus does need something." Io walked back to his seat, calmly lowering himself back into the chair. "The EUSR has yet to have elections. My nation needs their people to be free... have freedoms.... If we are going to stop the VU encroaching, we need to stop tyranny too."
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents