NATION

PASSWORD

Journal of Macabee Affairs

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Journal of Macabee Affairs

Postby The Macabees » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:20 pm

[First article coming soon...]

This thread is a collection of articles on my nation, which is officially named the Second Empire of the Golden Throne and often abbreviated as the Golden Throne or the Macabees. OOC, it really is a terrible and inexcusable misspelling of Maccabees, but it's not an IC Jewish nation or any way related to the Maccabees. In fact, back way back when in June 2003 this nation was founded, most of my military was based on German World War II tech — hey, we were all young once.) The articles will have different tones, some even conversational, but will all study what can be considered academic subjects. Why? Well, first, I don't really like to use the factbook feature, so this is a way for me to keep some of my worldbuilding ideas on the Golden Throne straight. Second, hey, you could find these articles interesting , and you're more than welcome to comment — ideally, in in-character form.

Let me offer a few examples on how you might respond. And, you are likely just as creative as I or probably more so, and as such you are more than welcome to respond ICly some other way. These examples are just to get your mind rolling. All the following examples are hypothetical responses to my first article, which is on the Golden Throne's claim to being an 'anarchic' system.

Ex. 1: The Critical Response From Another Journal

A political scientist in Your Nation vehemently disagrees with the article. He/she thinks that the arguments are at least sufficiently reasonable enough to warrant fair consideration and deep thought, but he finds stuff he disagrees with or maybe there's a missing piece that the piece misses, so he/she publishes a response in a major journal (whether domestic to Your Nation or an international one). The author of the critiqued/commented article will respond back.

Ex. 2: Tonight on Terribly Biased Political Commentary Show

Your Biggest News Network hosts the Debate of the Fuggin' CenturyTM, featuring Head of Your Top University's Political Economy Department, Some Really Knowledgeable Dude With No Related CredentialsTM, and Top Expert on the Golden ThroneTM. Each one has a different position and they duke it out, or maybe two have the same opinion so they gang up on the odd ball out and bully him/her, or perhaps they all have the same opinion. Maybe you're a deeply nationalistic country with a resentment against the Golden Throne, so they all share the opinion that Golden Throne's form of government is stupid and they berate it for a full hour on prime time television.

Ex. 3: Live from the Marshite Transgender Colonies Partying on the Havenic Beaches

Your Citizen(s) are having a good time partying nude with a bunch of modified Marshites, nude on the soft sands of the beaches of the Golden Throne's westernmost Havenic territory. The post recounts an experience that somehow relates to the article. It doesn't need to mention the article (although, you can specify which article you're responding to in a brief OOC note); it could just be a recounting of an experience that speaks to what the article discusses.

The point is, you're more than welcome to respond.

Articles:
1. An Economic
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Return to International Incidents