NATION

PASSWORD

[IC] [TWI-Only] The League of TWI (Assembly)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:32 pm

"We fully agree with the delegate from Verdon. Polar Svalbard moves for the expulsion of New Aapelistan, and the condemnation of Great imperilonia
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:50 pm

"I too agree with the Verdonian delegate. I wish to present this resolution to give effect to his suggestions."

Resolution 4: Sadievi Incident
The Assembly of the League of the Western Isles

The Assembly,

Recalling that the Charter of the League demands that any member state take reasonable steps to secure a peaceful solution to conflicts before resorting to war,

Observing that the nation of New Aapelistan has failed to do so by participating in the Great Imperialonian-Sadievi War, and thus is in violation of the Charter,

Acknowledging that New Aapelistan has enslaved its own civilians, a gross violation of human rights,

Further Acknowledging with horror the atrocities that have been committed against the Sadievi people by Great Imperialonia, including the firebombing which has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians,

Therefore mandating;

1. That the nation of Great Imperialonia is condemned for war crimes and human rights abuses against the Sadievi people.
2. That Emperor Melas, Minister of Defense Ontariona Flammable, and other senior military officials who may have been involved in the ordering of the firebombing attack are indicted for crimes against humanity.
a) The nation of Great Imperialonia is directed to hand over the indicted immediately to the International Court of Justice for trial.
b) All member nations shall take all reasonable measures arrest and detain any of the indicted persons should they enter their sovereign territory. They shall then turn over the indicted persons to the International Court of Justice for trial.

3. That all member nations are strongly encouraged to place economic and diplomatic sanctions on Great-Imperialonia, until such time as the indicted persons are handed over to the International Court of Justice.
4. That the nation of New Aapelistan is expelled from the League of the Western Isles.
Last edited by Tuernia on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Tuernia wrote:"I too agree with the Verdonian delegate. I wish to present this resolution to give effect to his suggestions."

Resolution 4: Sadievi Incident
The Assembly of the League of the Western Isles

The Assembly,

Recalling that the Charter of the League demands that any member state take reasonable steps to secure a peaceful solution to conflicts before resorting to war,

Observing that the nation of New Aapelistan has failed to do so by participating in the Great Imperialonian-Sadievi War, and thus is in violation of the Charter,

Acknowledging that New Aapelistan has enslaved Sadievi civilians and prisoners of war, a gross violation of human rights,

Further Acknowledging with horror the atrocities that have been committed against the Sadievi people by Great Imperialonia, including the firebombing which has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians,

Therefore mandating;

1. That the nation of Great Imperialonia is condemned for war crimes and human rights abuses against the Sadievi people.
2. That Emperor Melas, Minister of Defense Ontariona Flammable, and other senior military officials who may have been involved in the ordering of the firebombing attack are indicted for crimes against humanity.
a) The nation of Great Imperialonia is directed to hand over the indicted immediately to the International Court of Justice for trial.
b) All member nations shall take all reasonable measures arrest and detain any of the indicted persons should they enter their sovereign territory. They shall then turn over the indicted persons to the International Court of Justice for trial.

3. That all member nations are strongly encouraged to place economic and diplomatic sanctions on Great-Imperialonia, until such time as the indicted persons are handed over to the International Court of Justice.
4. The nation of New Aapelistan is expelled from the League of the Western Isles.

I think that this resolution fits the situation perfectly. I move to vote on it.
Dashgrinaar
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Speaker Pro Tempore and Senator Emeritus
Vice President of The Western Isles

Verdon
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Verdon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:41 pm

We second the motion to vote.

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:42 pm

"As do I, obviously."

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Seconded
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

The League of TWI
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:06 pm

"With three seconds, the motion passes." said Jauffret, with a bang of the gavel.

"Before we continue I wish to bring something to the attention of the Assembly. Terrorist attacks have occurred in Warsaw and Poznan in Lithuania, conducted by the KPS using car bombs. These attacks further expose the aggressive intentions of Kamieniec Podolski, which backs the KPS. I implore the member nations to contribute troops to the peacekeeping force in Lithuania, as well as that in Alantania. They are understaffed, and desperately need reinforcements."

"Now voting may commence on Resolution 4."

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:09 pm

"Aye."

The Lithuanian Commonwealth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:12 pm

"The car bombs have killed 56 and injured 101. The KPS has promised not to back down until a union between Kamieniec and Lithuania is reached. It is only suspected to get worse. Lithuania votes aye for Resolution 4."

Jaamar
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaamar » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:13 pm

"Aye on Resolution 4"

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Aye to Res. 4
Dashgrinaar

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:23 pm

"Aye"

Alantania
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Alantania » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:39 pm

"aye."

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Tuernia wrote:"This evidence is both horrific and overwhelming. It seems clear that Great-Imperialonia is guilty of massive human rights abuses and war crimes. It also seems that New Aapelistan is complicit in these crimes."

New Aapelistan wrote:"If or when these will be taken to action we will do something. All political and economical ties to Miklania are cutted, all travel between Miklania and USSNA will be cutted and due to this, we are not going to send aid to Alantania."

"Is that supposed to be a threat sir? How dare you threaten the member states of this great organization. You only further incriminate yourself. Furthermore, the Alantanians have nothing to do with this. It is despicable that you would refuse aid to them in order to spite us."

"Tuernia moves that the League condemn the nations of Great-Imperialonia and New Aapelistan for their actions, and furthermore that we indict the Imperialonian officials responsible for charges of crimes against humanity. If they enter the territory of any League member they should be arrested on sight and turned over to the International Court of Justice."

"My nation sees the west as close nations to eachother and that is why we do this. "

The League of TWI
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Secretary General banged her gavel.

"The delegate from New Aapelistan is out of order at this time. We are voting, not in debate."

Verdon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verdon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:48 am

"Aye"

Dutchland-UK-Prussia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dutchland-UK-Prussia » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:50 pm

New Aapelistan wrote:
Tuernia wrote:"This evidence is both horrific and overwhelming. It seems clear that Great-Imperialonia is guilty of massive human rights abuses and war crimes. It also seems that New Aapelistan is complicit in these crimes."

"Is that supposed to be a threat sir? How dare you threaten the member states of this great organization. You only further incriminate yourself. Furthermore, the Alantanians have nothing to do with this. It is despicable that you would refuse aid to them in order to spite us."

"Tuernia moves that the League condemn the nations of Great-Imperialonia and New Aapelistan for their actions, and furthermore that we indict the Imperialonian officials responsible for charges of crimes against humanity. If they enter the territory of any League member they should be arrested on sight and turned over to the International Court of Justice."

"My nation sees the west as close nations to eachother and that is why we do this. "

"While you launch Operation Pink Storm? You are not true Communists, but instead revisionists."

OOC: Revisionist complaints.
1 (Nuclear war)
2 (Total war)
3 (Major war)
4 (Minor war)
5 (Conflict)
6 (Peace) <---
None.

Dree wrote:Perhaps the fat man from the north pole and his vertically challenged cronies are behind such an assassination attempt. But truthfully my spy networks have heard nothing.

The League of TWI
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Ignoring the out of order comments from the DUP delegate, Jauffret banged her gavel.

"By a vote of 7-0, Resolution 4 passes. The nation of New Aapelistan is expelled from the League with immediate effect."

She motioned to some security guards, who walked over to the New Aapelistani delegation and gestured for them to leave.

"I strongly encourage all nations to begin levying sanctions on Great Imperialonia. The next matter for debate is the admission of Nuove Isole Giuseppe to the League."
Last edited by The League of TWI on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:50 pm

The League of TWI wrote:Ignoring the out of order comments from the DUP delegate, Jauffret banged her gavel.

"By a vote of 7-0, Resolution 4 passes. The nation of New Aapelistan is expelled from the League with immediate effect."

She motioned to some security guards, who walked over to the New Aapelistani delegation and gestured for them to leave.

"I strongly encourage all nations to begin levying sanctions on Great Imperialonia. The next matter for debate is the admission of Nuove Isole Giuseppe to the League."

As there is no argument taking place, I move to vote on the admission of Nuove Isole Giuseppe to the League
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:06 am

"As no one has arrived to defend the application I move to dismiss it."

OOC: I TG'd him, no need to admit an inactive person.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:18 am

Tuernia wrote:"As no one has arrived to defend the application I move to dismiss it."

Seconded, as there is also very little information about the country supplied.
Dashgrinaar

Linaviar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Linaviar » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Tuernia wrote:"As no one has arrived to defend the application I move to dismiss it."

"I second the motion to dismiss."
It's Linavian, not Linaviarian
Former Chief Justice and Proud Member of The Western Isles

Some fitting quotes...
"Despite being the flag master, you have an avant-garde TV test pattern hanging off every pole in the realm." - Miklania
"the lin-guist appears" - Ainslie

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:19 pm

"I too second."

The League of TWI
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:07 am

"With three seconds the motion carries. If there are no objections we will move on to the next order of business. That would be the topic of regional expansionism, which was interrupted several days ago."

Linaviar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Linaviar » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Kinoosak rose to speak. "If I may, we have a proposal that we wish to submit roughly modeled after the 2nd Treaty of Theveste." He shuffled through some papers, and presented the document.

Desiring to reduce the potential for regional conflict by creating a set of regulations concerning the annexation of territory, the members of the League hereby agree to submit to the following terms.

Article I
In the event that a member nation wishes to undertake the annexation of territory, the member in question will submit a report to the League which shall detail geographical and resource data, demographics, reasoning(s) for the claim, and intended usage of the territory.

Article II
Upon the submission of said report, a commission composed of randomly selected member nations shall be composed to verify the information contained in the report.

Article III
Member nations are required to gain the permission of the League by means of a formal vote in order to annex territory.

Section I: International Oversight
The League shall create a committee dedicated to the oversight of territory claimed by league members. In the event that a member nation receives permission to proceed with a claim, the member in question will be required to allow the committee to access the territory for a period of 25 years to ensure that intended usage, as stated in the member's submitted report, is being followed.

Article IV
In the event that the claimed territory in question is home to native inhabitants, member nations shall comply with the additional following terms. State A shall refer to the state attempting an annexation, while Territory B shall refer the area potentially being annexed.

Section 1: Intent
The annexation of a populated territory is a matter of great importance, and shall only be conducted by referendum. As such it is the obligation of both the absorbing state and the international community to ensure that the referendum is completely legitimate. What follows is a list of protocols aimed at ensuring that the legitimacy of any referendum is beyond reproach.

Section 2: Procedure
The procedure undertaken when conducting a referendum can greatly influence its outcome. In the interest of ensuring that the procedure presents the uninfluenced voice of the people, the following policies must be implemented.

• State A is to have no part in conducting the referendum. The referendum is to be conducted by the government of Territory B.
  • If no government for Territory B exists, then the residents of Territory B are to be given a chance to form an ad-hoc referendum committee which will conduct the referendum.
  • The government of State A is to play no part in the creation of said committee and is not allowed to unduly influence the committee.
  • The polling period for the referendum should be sufficiently lengthy
  • Polling stations should be frequent, and provide total coverage of Territory B to ensure maximum participation
  • The dates on which the referendum is conducted are to be declared holidays, and should be scheduled such that they provide minimal restriction for those whose work does not conform to the declaration of arbitrary resting dates (e.g. agricultural workers).
  • International observers are to be allowed access to Territory B during the referendum, to ensure that it is being conducted properly.
  • The question should be: "Should Territory B become part of State A?", and the answers: "Yes" and "No"

Section 3: Legitimate Respondents
In the interest of ensuring that the demographics of the respondents are not unduly shifted in the favor of State A through the employment of unethical migratory tactics, the following restrictions should implemented in determining who may partake in the referendum.

• Respondents must be residents of Territory B at the time of the election
  • Respondents must have been born in Territory B or resided in Territory B for at least ten continuous years
  • Respondents must meet the age of suffrage, which is to be determined by either the government of Territory B or the referendum committee, depending upon which exists.

Section 4: In the Event of a "Yes" Vote
Should the people of Territory B, in a legitimate referendum, choose to be annexed, then it will be the responsibility of the government of State A to ensure that the rights of the native residents of Territory B are not infringed upon. In ten years, should support be shown for succession from State A by at least 1/3 of the population, then the government of State A will be obligated to conduct another referendum concerning the secession of Territory B with the question: "Should Territory B become an independent country?", with the answers being: "Yes" and "No"

Section 5: In the Event of a "No" Vote
Should the people of Territory B decide to remain independent of State A, then the government of State A will be required to recognize Territory B as a sovereign state.

Article V
In the event that a given territory is claimed by multiple nations, with one being a member of the League, member nations shall attempt to resolve the conflict by pursuing all available diplomatic options before resulting to aggressive action.
It's Linavian, not Linaviarian
Former Chief Justice and Proud Member of The Western Isles

Some fitting quotes...
"Despite being the flag master, you have an avant-garde TV test pattern hanging off every pole in the realm." - Miklania
"the lin-guist appears" - Ainslie

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents