NATION

PASSWORD

The Long Way Down [OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri May 15, 2015 5:11 am

Nova Sylva wrote:LETS DO IT YO
Also when are we gonna get Sal and Char together?

Thought you wanted amanda since char is a bastard?

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri May 15, 2015 5:31 am

Actually, the more bastard ish the better. Especially if she *spoiler alert* is going to convince Sal to pull a Macbeth.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri May 15, 2015 5:45 am

Nova Sylva wrote:Actually, the more bastard ish the better. Especially if she *spoiler alert* is going to convince Sal to pull a Macbeth.

Thats cool with me. I havnt written much material with charlotte, so I could make her a royal manipulative bitch I guess haha.

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri May 15, 2015 7:21 am

Achesia wrote:Sorry for my slower posting speed Im in the process of moving but ill still have material up just a bit slower.

No worries at all. I'm currently trying to develop my pseudo-fascist party, which is actually harder than I initially thought...
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri May 15, 2015 9:28 am

Muro, what's this all about?

http://i.imgur.com/kTEUKhY.png

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri May 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:Muro, what's this all about?

http://i.imgur.com/kTEUKhY.png

Whoops, my bad. Somehow I managed to land you and a coupla others onto my ignore list, I've cleared it up now. Anyway, sure we could have that. Sylva could first assist with air support (CAS is gonna be limited because of the weather, but if you're up for strategic bombing- go ahead), intelligence and logistics, and once its done with the fighting in Sidonia could try and help reclaim the Sellenland.

If the war gets too badly, Wanka will officially join the war and escalate the conflict even further. Let's keep it localized until Wanka's officially at war.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri May 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Anyone else have the issue that their taste or cravings for an RP switch like crazy. So for instance now that I watched the most recent episodes of Game of Thrones I now want to go back to a PT RP and do medieval FanT. Like the days I ran the Lost Age RP. But I know in 4 months ill be bored of it and it will be dead. Ugh....

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri May 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Achesia wrote:Anyone else have the issue that their taste or cravings for an RP switch like crazy. So for instance now that I watched the most recent episodes of Game of Thrones I now want to go back to a PT RP and do medieval FanT. Like the days I ran the Lost Age RP. But I know in 4 months ill be bored of it and it will be dead. Ugh....

Then do what I do. After reading Macbeth, I desperately wanted to do a typology of it - but since I'm in MT, I just changed Macbeth to work for me. The result? What is going to become Sylva Rising.

And it's all good, Muro. Really my involvement in the Sellenland will be dependent on what Aemen wants me to do - but I was talking more along the lines of Sylva invading Wanka or vice versa.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Fri May 15, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri May 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:And it's all good, Muro. Really my involvement in the Sellenland will be dependent on what Aemen wants me to do - but I was talking more along the lines of Sylva invading Wanka or vice versa.

Yeah, that makes more sense. Besides, me thinks that having three players in the Sellenland is enough. What we could do is that in case Wanka declares war on the AAA, Sylva could launch a limited incursion into Wanka via the small south-eastern border, something like the 1982 Lebanon war, in addition to an air campaign to try force Wanka to the negotiating table.

That could be roughly what will happen, and I'll see if I can make a map for this area.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat May 16, 2015 6:05 am

Murovanka wrote:
Nova Sylva wrote:And it's all good, Muro. Really my involvement in the Sellenland will be dependent on what Aemen wants me to do - but I was talking more along the lines of Sylva invading Wanka or vice versa.

Yeah, that makes more sense. Besides, me thinks that having three players in the Sellenland is enough. What we could do is that in case Wanka declares war on the AAA, Sylva could launch a limited incursion into Wanka via the small south-eastern border, something like the 1982 Lebanon war, in addition to an air campaign to try force Wanka to the negotiating table.

That could be roughly what will happen, and I'll see if I can make a map for this area.

Sounds good. Also, the Casacde Mountains - do they divide our countries?

From iiwiki -

Sylva’s Cloysteric Highlands consist of a large quantity of pine forest known also as the Woodlands, and are an extension of the Casacadian Mountain Range; in general the area is mountainous and heavily forested. Population density in this region is sparse although this area contains large reserves of natural resources, with most of the region’s denizens residing in the many river valleys that cut through the landscape...Gladshiem, Gerencer and Cascadia are Sylva’s westernmost provinces. Gerencer’s capital is largest city in eastern Sylva, Corbinsburg. Technically, Corbinsburg is a dual-city metroplex between Corbinsburg and Bradenburg. Corbinsburg is in Gladshiem, while Bradenburg is in Gerencer, however the city also serves as the provincial capital of both states. The western portions of both provinces are largely uninhabited, but contain a disproportionately large amount of military bases, including the largest Air Force base in the country, COSAF Spring Mountain. Gladshiem is wedged between Cloyster and Gerencer and shares a rough history, being the site of multiple uprisings throughout the 19th century after it’s capture from Aemen. Cascadia is the far northwestern province, and is named after the mountain range that dominates it’s landscape.

Though to be honest Im fine with whatever. It'd be really cool to have some maneuver warfare and since the Sellenland is already mountain warfare...Idk, it's up to you, I'm fine with anything :)
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Sat May 16, 2015 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat May 16, 2015 6:12 am

Nova Sylva wrote:
Achesia wrote:Anyone else have the issue that their taste or cravings for an RP switch like crazy. So for instance now that I watched the most recent episodes of Game of Thrones I now want to go back to a PT RP and do medieval FanT. Like the days I ran the Lost Age RP. But I know in 4 months ill be bored of it and it will be dead. Ugh....

Then do what I do. After reading Macbeth, I desperately wanted to do a typology of it - but since I'm in MT, I just changed Macbeth to work for me. The result? What is going to become Sylva Rising.

And it's all good, Muro. Really my involvement in the Sellenland will be dependent on what Aemen wants me to do - but I was talking more along the lines of Sylva invading Wanka or vice versa.

My taste in tech levels chanes so much though. Some days I want to write about fighting with swords other flying around in space ships. So frustraiting

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat May 16, 2015 6:28 am

Achesia wrote:
Nova Sylva wrote:

My taste in tech levels chanes so much though. Some days I want to write about fighting with swords other flying around in space ships. So frustraiting

Well, tbh I wouldn't be opposed to writing a PT RP, particularly one concerning the Pan-Septentrion War in the 1920s or the Second Pan-Sepetentrion War in the late 1960s/early 1970s.

Which does bring me to a bit of history - I'm thinking Sylva and her allies lost the first one, but won the second won. That could also explain why Muro had a Dark Age in the '70s.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat May 16, 2015 6:53 am

Nova Sylva wrote:Well, tbh I wouldn't be opposed to writing a PT RP, particularly one concerning the Pan-Septentrion War in the 1920s or the Second Pan-Sepetentrion War in the late 1960s/early 1970s.

Which does bring me to a bit of history - I'm thinking Sylva and her allies lost the first one, but won the second won. That could also explain why Muro had a Dark Age in the '70s.

One RP at a time. But yeah, that would make sense. Wanka, a monarchy, would have lost disastrously and the masses rose up to overthrow it. But the monarchy still had supporters, the opposition were divided amongst religious, ethnic and ideological lines and so... basically all hell broke loose.

I'm having exams starting next week so I won't have as much time to devote to NS. We could say that the Cascade mountains would partially cross through the border, but much of the Wankan side of the border would be hills, fertile lands and lots of towns and villages. However, it might look different depending on what kind of map I can find, so I think I'll finish my exams first and then we can get back to this.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat May 16, 2015 9:10 am

Wanka, maybe the map should be like the Translyvania area?

And I have exams two weeks from now, I feel your pain! (Save that I'm exempt from nearly all of them)
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Sat May 16, 2015 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat May 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Well, tbh I wouldn't be opposed to writing a PT RP, particularly one concerning the Pan-Septentrion War in the 1920s or the Second Pan-Sepetentrion War in the late 1960s/early 1970s.

I just have A bunch of good ideas for a FanT/PT tech RP world to start. Much like the one I stated before (lost age). Its just hard to admin a rp group and requires lot of work and sometimes I get bored. Yet I have so many good ideas!

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Sun May 17, 2015 9:53 am

Nova Sylva wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Fuck yeah, World War 1!
Last edited by Erquin on Sun May 17, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of Septentrion

Mozria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Sun May 17, 2015 11:25 am

I still want to do the FT RP, considering that I had all of the tech ideas laid out already.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sun May 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Mozria wrote:I still want to do the FT RP, considering that I had all of the tech ideas laid out already.

After the current thread, sure. Though I think we should put it to a vote whether or not to do another MT RP, set down our history in a PT RP, or do a non-canon FT RP.

I'll make a poll in the Region page.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Sun May 17, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aemen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aemen » Sun May 17, 2015 12:44 pm

I'd prefer we didn't become too entangled in laying the groundwork for our next RP when we haven't finished our current one just yet.

I will say, however, that our history provides some good events for us to discuss about what could come next as the beginning and end of most of those situations is already down for all to see.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 pm

I think these next two weeks are going to be really busy for all of us. I have exams (though I'm exempt from most all of them) and college essays I need to write before the school year comes to a close.

But I'm going to go ahead and post the last part of the Sidonian War (the letters) so that if somehow this thread does it can still be canon.

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon May 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Working on the Glitch story line now / will try to link up with what the letters say.
The Skybound Republic of Havensky
(Pronounced Haven-Sky)

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Havensky wrote:Working on the Glitch story line now / will try to link up with what the letters say.

Sounds good!

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon May 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Posted - but this event happens before any cease fire as the last letter is implying.

I'm not sure what the end game is, but consider the 95th Ex in position and ready to airdrop about 8,000 troops on somebody's head. (something I'd like to RP actually). In the meantime, the 95th's fighter planes are also in range - though wouldn't strike unless it found a juicy target or if they get inbound.

In areas that you have air superiority expect Skyan drones to provide recon and the occasional strike.

The Skyans will be happy to take lead on an op to capture Kerman, although we'd be just as happy blasting them as well. We would take part in negotiations for a cease fire.
Last edited by Havensky on Tue May 19, 2015 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Skybound Republic of Havensky
(Pronounced Haven-Sky)

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue May 19, 2015 5:49 am

Great post! I'll see if I can a reply up soon. Now that your forces have entered the country, the tides really will have turned.

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Tue May 19, 2015 6:31 am

Sylva, I wanna do another Sylva rising with you. This thread is too far in and too big for me :\. I like smaller threads.
Proud member of Septentrion

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents