NATION

PASSWORD

The Long Way Down [OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:
(Image)
PRO-WANKAN INSURGENTS SIEZE THE SELLENLAND
Unrest in oil-rich Aemen region ignites rebellion

SELLENLAND, AEMEN – Hundreds of heavily armed insurrectionists evicted government forces across Aemen’s northern region, seizing vast swaths of territory in the name of autonomy for the disputed territory. At approximately 2:30 this morning hundreds of heavily armed and well organized Sellenwankers attacked unprepared government positions throughout the region, with large success. Rebels have supposedly seized control of Brenzlau, Siegen, Thuringen and Ellenburg though heavy fighting continues in the crossroads of Krakenhoff and Ellendorf, where government forces seem to be holding the line. There are also unconfirmed reports of massive civilian casualties along the Aemen Highway 69 and the Trans-Sellenland Railway, which was apparently sabotaged during the heavy fighting that started last night and continued into this morning.

It is unclear whether or not Murovanka is directly supporting the rebellion, though sources on the ground have reported mortar and light artillery fire being used to support the Sellenwankers. It is extremely likely that the insurgents are being armed and trained by the Wankan government, though any direct involvement is either being done under a clever facade or not at all.

The Sellenland region is vital to the Aemen energy industry with its largely untapped reserves of uranium, coal, and oil, and some suspect even precious metals such as diamonds and gold. If Aemen were to loose the Sellenland it would leave a heavy blow on their economy. The Kingdom, which already rations oil due to the cessation of imports from the Allied Nations after the Spinelli Refinery disaster, considers the defense of the Sellenland its number-one strategic priority.

The Aemen government has yet to release a public statement regarding the attacks however there are reports of massive mobilizations of army and air forces in and around the Reicherhoff area, possibly for an armored counterattack by Aemen army forces. In addition, an Achesian Royal Navy battlegroup has begun making headway towards Aemen.

Sylva’s only statement regarding the rebellion was from the Foreign Minister, who said that the Coalition State recognizes Aemen sovereignty over the region and dissuades any foreign intervention in what is and should remain a domestic affair within Aemen. No word was given on how Sylva would react if the Sellenland was invaded by Wankan or otherwise foreign troops.

*Coughs*

****Achesian Royal Marine

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:14 am

Nova Sylva wrote:Erquin, you can't beat Sylva. Yet alone Sylva and Mozria. If you go to war with one you go to war with both - and you'll be fighting a war on two fronts. Furthermore, think of this strategically - how would you possibly beat us? You'd have to completely conquer Sylva. It's just so stupid.

Your better off just sending a letter in reply, though I will be taking down my statement since Muro hasn't officially declared war.

Erquin, think of this in terms of what is best for your country. War with Mozria and Sylva is not it.

One more thing - when you go to war, it is to achieve something that you could not achieve without it. War is a continuation of politics by other means - if all your trying to do is to get me to not intervene (which I won't) then just threaten me in a strongly worded public statement.

My bad for not clarifying that. However, I did say several times that I was pulling a Putin, i.e. doing this sort of "hybrid warfare" he's organizing in the Ukraine. Just to make it clear: All insignias have been completely removed from all uniforms, small-arms and weapon systems.

Erquin, for now, let's... maybe keep the SL out of this. I was wondering if we should have a proper full-scale war in the Sellenland (forget the fact that I've been arguing constantly against it) between the AAA and the NAZI alliance? I've been thinking of something along the lines of the Italian front of the First World War. Basically, it was trench-warfare in the mountains; little movement, long and good defensive lines, massive casualties (I believe that they fought some 11 or so large-scale battles for a single area).

Of course, since this is the 21st Century, we can have more movement but the fighting will still be constrained more or less across the mountains of the Sellenland, which are conveniently vast. I'll need all of your (Achesia, Aemen, Erquin and UWO if you feel like joining) permission to make this "official". The alternative will be for Wanka to continue waging this small-scale hybrid warfare on Aemen.

Erquin, the joint NAZI command center is in Nürnberg in southern Wanka. We'll assume that we all have our military and civilian representatives there already. Also, I slightly restructured my military (in name only) so now the brigade will be replaced with the regiment. Also, dear fellow Nazis, please don't declare war or make any public incriminatory statements about the Sellenland rebellion. Not yet, anyway.
Last edited by Murovanka on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:20 am

>War we cannot possibly win
>RP takes place after August 6, 1945

MRW
Last edited by Kirby Delauter on Wed, Jan 7, 2015 2:00 am, edited Delauter times in total.

ANTIFA!

Soldier wrote:And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he hearded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!
Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 am

Aemen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aemen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Meinkraft wrote:>War we cannot possibly win

MRW
(Image)

u wot m8

Also, I have to agree with Muro on this one Erquin. Attacking Sylva right now would attract the ire of the League and, in the absence of the UWO's troops, the only ally that could support you for now would have to be Murovanka, whose forces aren't in the best of conditions. Not to mention, if/when the Aemen-Achesians find out that it's NAZI behind the Sellenland rebellion, they'd line up alongside the SL to tear the pair of you new hides before the UWO can land ground support on the continent.

I'm down for making the rebellion into a war, though perhaps not yet. It'd make sense if the SOABs start to fail and lose territory to the AAA and Wankan authorities over the border begin to panic that the whole show isn't going to plan, before rushing through a hastily prepared military strategy veiled with a flimsy diplomatic excuse to pump actual soldiers into the Sellenland to reinforce the rebels.

It'd work even better at the moment, since the two AAA commanders aren't cooperating. I'm sure the time will come for royal intervention from both families to knock their officers' heads together and push them back into line.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Aemen wrote:

MRW
(Image)

u wot m8

Also, I have to agree with Muro on this one Erquin. Attacking Sylva right now would attract the ire of the League and, in the absence of the UWO's troops, the only ally that could support you for now would have to be Murovanka, whose forces aren't in the best of conditions. Not to mention, if/when the Aemen-Achesians find out that it's NAZI behind the Sellenland rebellion, they'd line up alongside the SL to tear the pair of you new hides before the UWO can land ground support on the continent.

I'm down for making the rebellion into a war, though perhaps not yet. It'd make sense if the SOABs start to fail and lose territory to the AAA and Wankan authorities over the border begin to panic that the whole show isn't going to plan, before rushing through a hastily prepared military strategy veiled with a flimsy diplomatic excuse to pump actual soldiers into the Sellenland to reinforce the rebels.

It'd work even better at the moment, since the two AAA commanders aren't cooperating. I'm sure the time will come for royal intervention from both families to knock their officers' heads together and push them back into line.

Julian is gonna go all darth vadar on his commanders ass when he finds out.

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Putting up a post soon. It will be.....revolutionary.
Last edited by Kirby Delauter on Wed, Jan 7, 2015 2:00 am, edited Delauter times in total.

ANTIFA!

Soldier wrote:And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he hearded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!
Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Are we ready to post the peace talks then?
The Skybound Republic of Havensky
(Pronounced Haven-Sky)

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:29 pm

Havensky wrote:Are we ready to post the peace talks then?

Polish them. Then post it.

ANTIFA!

Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Havensky wrote:Are we ready to post the peace talks then?

Perhaps we should let Mozria post them, so he can "participate?" I'm fine either way.

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Posted a filler, displaying my new sub.

ANTIFA!

Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:20 pm

I'm driving the action in the post out makes sense for me to do it on my end.
The Skybound Republic of Havensky
(Pronounced Haven-Sky)

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Havensky wrote:I'm driving the action in the post out makes sense for me to do it on my end.

Fair enough.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Nice post, Meinkraft!

We should have the Kingfisher and the Iona have a battle! You can win it, idc, it'll be awesome!

Mozria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Guys, I am honestly considering abstaining from this RP. I am having absolutely no free time available recently, and what time I have been able to scrounge has been used for personal business. I do not foresee myself being able to commit to the thread, and as such I likely shall not start.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Mozria wrote:Guys, I am honestly considering abstaining from this RP. I am having absolutely no free time available recently, and what time I have been able to scrounge has been used for personal business. I do not foresee myself being able to commit to the thread, and as such I likely shall not start.

Thank you for being honest. I'm sorry that's the case - the SL will certainly miss your armored divisions, and I will personally miss your oversight.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:20 am

Aemen wrote:

MRW
(Image)

u wot m8

Sounds great, however, I hope that we're all fine with the fact that, well, Wankan troops are well into taking over the fight from the SOABs. You see, the whole point of the SOABs was to create this illusion of a Sellenwanker rebellion (to make it look authentic) and would never manage to hold its ground in a conventional war for several reasons.

Firstly, as I said before, Wankan numbers have gone down since the Aemen invasion in the 70s, which means there are only over 110,000 in the area. This obviously means a lack of manpower. Secondly, they are not trained at all. One can't train them for a few days and send them off to fight troops, which I'll display in my next post.

So, we'll slowly build this up and escalate it to an all-out war soon enough. For now, do please allow my soldiers to stand their ground. Erquin can use this time to have his troops train together with my troops to prepare for combat in this horrible terrain and horrible weather.

Also, nice storefront Achesia. Unfortunate that our nations are on such bad terms. Maybe one day we'll visit you, when relations thaw (hey, we're a pseudo-monarchy too. Well, kinda. Actually, not at all... but ya can't say no to business, I hope?).
Last edited by Murovanka on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:37 am

Nice post Muro.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:38 am

Murovanka wrote:
Aemen wrote:
u wot m8

Sounds great, however, I hope that we're all fine with the fact that, well, Wankan troops are well into taking over the fight from the SOABs. You see, the whole point of the SOABs was to create this illusion of a Sellenwanker rebellion (to make it look authentic) and would never manage to hold its ground in a conventional war for several reasons.

Firstly, as I said before, Wankan numbers have gone down since the Aemen invasion in the 70s, which means there are only over 110,000 in the area. This obviously means a lack of manpower. Secondly, they are not trained at all. One can't train them for a few days and send them off to fight troops, which I'll display in my next post.

So, we'll slowly build this up and escalate it to an all-out war soon enough. For now, do please allow my soldiers to stand their ground. Erquin can use this time to have his troops train together with my troops to prepare for combat in this horrible terrain and horrible weather.

Also, nice storefront Achesia. Unfortunate that our nations are on such bad terms. Maybe one day we'll visit you, when relations thaw (hey, we're a pseudo-monarchy too. Well, kinda. Actually, not at all... but ya can't say no to business, I hope?).

Ya we dont have a problem selling to dictatorships, as long as they dont pretend to be elected lol.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:49 am

Achesia wrote:Nice post Muro.

Thanks, seems a bit more like a wall of text to me. You can post about your forces running into the SOAB ambush. Damn son-of-a-b*tches, huh (Get it? GET IT? Not funny..? ... never mind)? I hope I made it clear how it is set up. Basically, they'll keep firing until they start getting chased (or run out of ammunition). Watch out though, they do have MANPADS and a lucky RPG hit might take out any choppers you send after them. Feel free to RP SEKS losses and them fleeing, so we don't get caught up too much on one minor event.

Oh, and regarding the storefront thing, well that's disappointing. Because we do pretend to get elected, if only to land some trade deals and shiny choppers from those disgusting imperialist democracies. Helps get us out of the shithole we're in right now, you see.
Last edited by Murovanka on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

This will be my next post

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:00 am

Collected Letters from SL forces during the Sidonian War

2 May 2015

My family told me I should start a war diary. I was originally opposed to the idea but after thinking about it I think it would be pretty cool to have this all written down. So, here goes.

I’m deployed with the Coalition State First Ranger Battalion in the Eastern Highlands area of Sidonia. This area is extremely hilly (hence the name “highlands”) but also rocky, forested, and hard to traverse, much like the Cloysteric Highlands back in Sylva – just way hotter. There’s no way anyone could drive any regular vehicles across this part of the country and as such its mostly uninhabited. There are snakes and scorpions seemingly everywhere and the sun seems to be especially brutal.

Facing us is the AN 10th Mountain Division, one of the most elite units in the Allied armed forces. They’ve been trained especially for this kind of warfare and it shows. These guys aren’t your average blue-helmeted conscripts – they’re top of the line, well-equipped and well-trained elites. And they have an entire division of them.

But we’re Rangers, and we don’t give a shit how many they have. We’re not engaging them on their terms – obviously they would like nothing more than to meet us in open battle and overwhelm us with sheer numbers and firepower. Instead, Colonel Steele (1st Rangers CO) and Colonel Rodriguez (2nd Rangers CO) as well as our Aleckandorain counterparts from the 133rd Force Reconnaissance Battalion are planning on going guerrilla warfare on the bastards.

Yesterday, when the AN crossed the border, the first thing they did was napalm the hills. We expected as much, and had prepared shelters – next, they slowly advanced through the hills, their infantry summiting the slopes to clear them of us while their specially-designed mountain vehicles crossed through the many little valleys that crisscross the region.

We didn’t engage them outright – we waited until nightfall and raided their motor pool and camp, just sniping the bastards from the hills. When they finally organized and counterattacked up the slope which my company was sniping from, we just retreated.

It was a real bloody nose for them, and sent their record for infallibility crashing down. I killed six of them with my rifle by myself, and C Company only lost a single man, who got hit by a lucky shot when the AN were firing wildly into the hills at us.

Let’s just hope we’re as lucky tonight, and the AN are just as stupid.

Signing off,
Staff Sergeant Andrew DeForest, Coalition State Rangers

3 May 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, Emily and Jimmy ;

I finally got a few hours to rest. It’s been about two days since the Allies started their invasion, I think. I’m not really sure, I’ve lost track of time. My brigade was deployed originally around this crossroads called Cherbourg. According to command it’s really important – holding it means that the AN can’t encircle Las Colinas, and instead they’ll have to funnel their forces into what the guys are calling the “meat grinder,” the bulk of our defensive positions within the city.

It must be important to them if the Allies are hitting us this hard. Every day they pound us with artillery, then from the air. They said originally that the SL would have air dominance in the war but that’s really not true. AN gunships and airplanes bomb us it seems every day.

I hope you guys are doing well. Did little Emily get those flowers I sent? There called bluebonnets, apparently. They only grow here in Sidonia, and they’re really pretty. They grow all over the place this time of year, on the hills, in the plains, and everything though all this fighting has destroyed a lot of them, and a lot of the country. This town we’re in, not a single building hasn’t been hit at least once by artillery.

But don’t worry about me though I’m safe. Since I’m a medic, I get to stay in the field hospital, which is relatively safe. We’ve got a lot of food, and water, but I really wish I could sleep. It’s just this damned artillery, even if you lay down its like every second the earth just shakes and then you think your going to die and then you don’t, and it’s really hard.

Also, what does Jimmy think of those pictures I sent? I know he really likes all this military equipment stuff (what middle school kid doesn’t) so I thought he might enjoy seeing those. That first picture with the guys in front of the tank is a crew with their Trojan-II. It’s a really well-built tank, with all these different layers of armor and plated Chobham. It shoots these things called Sabot rounds, but the tankers call them “silver bullets.” What they do is they slash through the enemy tank’s armor and blow up inside which destroys the tank. Apparently our sabots, are really taking a toll on the AN armored corps. The current kill/death ratio for our forces is something like five to one.

Please give Rex a rub behind the ears for me, tell Jimmy I say hi, and give Emily a kiss. Tell her I’ll walk her to school again as soon as I get back.

Lots of love,
James

3 May 2015

To: SL Executive Council
Ministers, Generals, and National Executives of the Septentrion League;

It is my pleasure to announce our united front’s successes in stopping the unwarranted and unjust aggression of the Allied Nations. Our forces have successfully stopped the AN war machine in its tracks, despite being vastly outnumbered. It is only through the skill of our commanders and the tenacity of our soldiers that we have been, and will continue to, stop the enemy invasion.

We have inflicted heavy losses on enemy forces all across the line especially in the region surrounding Cherbourg. I have ordered our reserve formations to support Las Colinas as to give the AN the impression that Cherbourg is the weakest part of the line, when, in truth, I have personally selected our toughest formations, such as the Alecko Airborne Dragoons Division, and a number of Sylvan Armored Cavalry Regiments, to defend it.

The AN’s strategy seems to be to attack the entire line with armored speaheads and funnel reserves through wherever there may be a breakthrough. They cloud their assaults with airstrikes and artillery all across our defenses as to not let us see where they are concentrating their assaults. Due to the flexibility of my personal unit, the 133rd Mechanized Cavalry, they have not been successful. On numerous occasions I have taken personal command of the division in order to coordinate my forces from the front.

Furthermore our continued pounding of the Allied Nations’ logistics is hampering their ability to launch assualts. We estimate that the Allies have five days left of offensive supplies, and that the SL will be victorious by the week’s end.

All Hail Aleckandor!

4 May 2015

Mariana,

I know you said things were over between us, but I really just didn’t know who else to write. That, and to be completely honest, I think it’s to early to call it quits on our relationship.

I’ve been deployed with the joint SL naval task force, flying a Sif-21 for Naval Aviation. This will be my fifth mission in three days, and quite possibly my last. The squadron has been annihilated. These fucking admirals, they have us flying in to the St. Michael’s Strait, trying to hit the AN’s logistics and their supply ships. The Allies, for there part, are sitting their waiting for us with anti air and fighter planes and its like a suicide mission. I counted twenty-seven holes in my plane when I landed back on the Resurgence. Half the squadron has been hit yet they keep sending us out there. But I guess we’re doing our job too, since I’ve destroyed one of those big cargo ships. I don’t know how many of them they have but it must be a lot since we’ve destroyed as a squadron a dozen of them. That doesn’t include whatever our subs or our surface ships have hit, but I just hope its worth it, because we’re losing a lot of good planes and even better pilots.

I haven’t updated my emergency contact information purposely. If I don’t make it out of here alive, you can keep all the stuff in our apartment (though I guess it’s your apartment now anyway).

But if I do get back, I would really like you to give me – to give us – another shot. When I said I loved you I meant it, and that wasn’t something that faded, even as we slowly drifted apart. I know we’re right for eachother, Mariana…I just hope that this is a stage, and when I get back, we can pick up where we left off.

Best of luck and lots of love,
Kevin

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:06 am

Note that the Aleckandorian commander is extremely biased; he's trying to make it seem better than it is to progress his own personal agenda of gaining entrance within the Dark Fellowship.

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 am

I think my new post was the pinnacle of my current career--My announcement of it her was my 1600th post!

ANTIFA!

Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:54 am

Meinkraft wrote:I think my new post was the pinnacle of my current career--My announcement of it her was my 1600th post!

Congragulations! And it was a really, really good post as well!

What do you guys think of the letters, by the way?
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aleckandor REDUX
Attaché

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aleckandor REDUX » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:19 pm

What the hell am I supposed to do now with the diplomatic meeting? I had finished a section regarding De La Calle's landing in Sidonia and a communique pledging that Aleckandorean delegates would be there.
FORMERLY ALECKANDOR ~ FOUNDED 05/30/2011; + 2767 POSTS
• Demonym: Aleckandorean(s) | Government: Democratic Multinationalist Confederation
• Global Population: 19.6 Bill. (Not NS Stat)| Tech: MT/PMT
• Military: 6% From Pop. (11% In Total War)
• Special Links: {All W.I.P.}
Unless I am participating in some huge war thread that is multi-theater and protracted, I usually limit my population use to be fair in each set-piece RP and to keep some realism. But I don't just do wars and geopolitics, I can do character-based content and world-building as well. Just send a TG my way if you're interested in something or bored.

17. Centrist Authoritarian [Indep./Swing]. Catholic. Chinese-Filipino. SoCal, USA.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents