NATION

PASSWORD

WNN war coverage (closed IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New Volkhov
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

WNN war coverage (closed IC)

Postby New Volkhov » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:22 pm

This is a thread where you make WAR RELATED POSTS ONLY. follow steves rules, all wars must last a minimum of three days. wars that are drawn out can end with either rewards or penalty reductions depending on the strength of the nation you are fighting and the alliances net strength. (must be rewarded by a moderator)

if you fight a player, play nice and dont bellyache over small loses

The United Hellenistic States
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Pushing Back Against The Rebels

Postby The United Hellenistic States » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Jan Aldaril stood poised for an attack on an important rebel port on a rather important Greek island. After the formation of the United Hellenistic States, some minor states refused to join including Crete and its dreaded leader, Prince Honorius. He gathered his allies and took the Greek isles with half the Empires navy and air force with him. The Hellenistic Empire cannot reclaim Greece's glory without unification, and so Arcadius has been communicating from the summit with his forces in order to fight back against the rebels. Jan was leader of the Spartan Special Forces, and even though he was a Czech, he had proven himself time and time again that he was as worthy as any Greek.

His Spartans stood ready for his order to attack. His Spartans stood 150 strong, all surrounding the settlement and although it seemed like a small force, his Spartans were the most experienced men in the Hellenistic military, and they wore Power armor and had Plasma weaponry. Only Spartans were allowed them due to their expensive nature and their extreme difficulty to get, but the garrison of the port was twice the numbers of his men. It seemed like he had the advantage though because although the rebels stole many ships, planes, and weaponry from the Empire, they were not experienced and did not have anything as advanced as power armor/plasma weapons.

A wave of a hand and the attack had commenced. They moved swiftly through the grass as they got ever closer to the port, and only before they just touched the nearest building was the first shot fired. It was night and the garrison only had a few men on watch, so it was easy to take them out with his silent plasma pistol. Only a wisp of a sound broke from it as the glow of the green blast hit the first one in the chest. He fell down with a charred chest, but he was only the first. It took 15 minutes after the first shot, before the rebels found out that they were under attack. An alarm rang 5 minutes later, but by that time, Jan's Spartans had gone through half of the port. The night glowed with multiple blasts of green, red, and blue as plasma annihilated the enemy. Few shots were heard from the enemy as they were cut down so quickly. By the time they had reached the multiple ships that were docked, the garrison had surrendered besides the few that tried to flee on the ships. The port was taken in 45 minutes, and when it was all done, Jan fired a flare into the sky signalling the fleet to come in. With the garrison gone, and unable to man the ships and anti-aircraft/anti-ship guns, our fleet could easily take the island without casualties. This victory over the rebels would allow them to easily take the northern islands and move on to the second biggest island and the main former naval Greek state, Rhodes. After Rhodes, they would move onto the largest island, Crete, where Prince Honorius lead the rebellion.

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Coalition

Postby Gazeck » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:48 am

Meeting the Ambassador (3 days ago)

An assistant came through the doors of President Helvick's office.

"Sir, there's a nation in the outer world that might be worth forming an alliance with. They're geographically ideal for use as a platform for invading North Korea, and their position will make them a valuable ally."
The President spoke in response, "Good, when can I meet him?"
"They contacted us, and we've arranged for you to meet with an ambassador a few days from now.

The President met with an ambassador.

They spoke for hours on end, eventually resulting in an alliance.

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Declaration of War

Postby Gazeck » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:24 am

Declaration of War

I saw as the launch trucks' missile tubes elevate into position. Their target was Kupang in Indonesia's southernmost island. An airbase was there, and it posed a threat to the incoming naval forces of Gazeck. The hypersonic missiles would hit their distant targets in less than 15 minutes of launch. It would be the first of many soon-to-come missile strikes that would soon blanket Indonesia. Gazeck wanted Indonesia for its fishing industries and the major boost it would offer in Gazeck's naval forces. After Kupang's airbase, North Korean presence would soon collapse in Indonesia's Western islands, and Gazeck would do so with the ensuing aircraft carriers. I saw the missile launch. They were out of sight before the smoke of their launch had faded. The stupid North Korean scum would soon get what they deserved. They would finally be slaughtered like the lowly animals they are. The blood of their hate-filled hearts would soon throb over the mighty hand of the Coalition. A Phantom spyplane was running reconaissance over the base. We were seeing live footage, the fortress's walls crumbling over the impact of the kinetic warheads. Their craters made sinkholes in the foundation of the building, and the runway was far too covered in debris to be of any use. It had only been 6 missiles, but the base was rendered harmless enough for airstrikes to proceed. The Striker planes slowly strafed overhead, laying waste to the AA systems before the North Koreans could man them. 4 of the planes were shot down, but their paratroopers had deployed shortly before their transports crashed. The base was of no use to anybody now, and it was too badly damaged to be worth prepairing. All that was important was that the North Koreans could not use it anymore.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

A New Ally

Postby The United Hellenistic States » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Jan Aldaril prepared his Spartans for an infiltration mission on the huge naval base on Rhodes. He had only a handful of fellow Spartans for this special mission, but he was accompanied by his hated rivals, the Shadow intelligence agency of Greece. Only one stood with him, but he commanded many advanced assassin droids that were already ahead scouting the terrain and taking out enemies. The Spartans and the Shadows were rivals in the sense that both organizations competed in being the most prestigious in Greece.

"Commander Aldaril, my androids have just informed me the way into the city is clear. Let us move out" said the Shadow Commander

He quickly walked in the direction of the city while Jan motioned for his fellow Spartans to move with him. His mission was to eliminate the giant turrets that defended the city from naval and air forces, but in order to do so, he had to get the deactivation codes from the Rebel General in the HQ of the city. They were half-way there when explosions and gunfire filled the air.

"Why have our forces engaged? We didn't give the all clear!" Jan yelled

"Who knows, but we have to hurry" replied the Shadow agent

The men hurried as quickly as they could without being caught. They saw squads of rebels move through the streets and citizens cowering in there homes. The bombs must've not hit this city, or the citizens must have rebuilt it well because the city didn't look as nearly as damaged as Corinth did. Corinth was literally a wasteland besides the underground part. It took over an hour to reach the HQ, but when they came across the entrance, they saw two guards at the door, but in gold uniforms unlike the green of the rebels. Jan pointed his gun at them and walked out.

"Drop your weapons, now!" he cried

The guards turned to him with eyes of expectancy. One of them opened the huge door and held it open.

"The Admiral has been waiting your arrival, Commander" they said

Jan looked confused at first, but he motioned for his men to go in with there guns up. The Androids went in first and then he. When he entered, he saw holes and charred parts of the building. Guards were positioned all around like that of a castle. Ahead where an entrance desk might have stood, was a throne-like chair with a female figure sitting in it. Jan walked towards her with suspicion, but as he neared, he couldn't believe his eyes. It was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She had nice brown hair that was tied up in a pony-tail while she wore tight clothing and gloves. After taking a swig of alcohol, she glanced at me and grinned.

"Ah, the brave Commander has arrived. A little late to the party, huh?" She said as she pointed to a dead body in the corner. The body had a generals suit on.

"Who are you?" Jan asked. He glanced around to get a look at his companions. The Shadow Agents frown was clear enough for everyone to see, he seemed to know who she was.

"I am Admiral Selene. I command the largest fleet in the eastern Mediterranean or at least I did. You can say, I was a mercenary for hire for other nations." she replied

"And who has hired you to take Greek lands? Certainly not the rebels" he said while pointing at the dead general

She laughed at this. Her laugh was like silk and it filled up the room like music. "No, I have not been hired by anyone ever since my defeat at the hands of the Pirate King Hamilcar of Tunisia. I have returned to my homeland in order to regain my honor and serve dutifully to the new empire." She said

"And why would we want someone who lost to pirates?" He smirked

Her smile was wiped from her face "I lost because I was betrayed...and no one underestimates Hamilcar!" She snapped

Jan looked shocked at her sudden anger. "So you have taken Rhodes for... The Hellenistic Empire?"

She look at him with a glare "Yes, and I gift it to your future Emperor, but in return, A deal must be met. I want to be granted the governorship of Rhodes and given the role as head of the Imperial navy"

Before Jan could say anything else, the Shadow Agent stepped in. "I am sure we can come to an agreement. I shall contact President Lukas immediately"

A day later, the weakened Imperial Navy had doubled in size with the addition of Selene's fleet. The islands of Greece had all been taken, and the rebellion had been vanquished besides the dreaded island of Crete where Prince Honorius ruled.

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Naval Presence

Postby Gazeck » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 am

Aircraft Carrier Fleet

The supercarrier fleet was entering Indonesia from the West, and the bombings for the Western island would soon begin. Since Kupang airbase was gone, the main fleet was now moving into Maluku. Soon, the incoming supercarrier fleet would proceed with its strikes on Sumatra and Java. The 'Recreant' destroyers were being stationed along the Northern coast of Borneo and the edge of the Pacific to prevent reinforcements from coming in. North Korea could not intervene now, and all they had left to fight was the forces already stationed. The supercarrier fleet would arrive in 2 days, and the Maluku fleet would be in place in less than a day. After the Maluku fleet takes Maluku and New Guinea, it would pave the way for Sulawesi to be used as a platform for more missile strikes. Attack submarines already took the Sulu Sea, so there were no entry points for North Korea to get involved, neither by land, sea, or air. There is one thing, however, that the North Koreans will not see coming: we will bomb their Mindanao fleet and storm the Philippines with the West Pacific fleet after Irian Jaya (New Guinea) is taken. The plan was fully in motion and flexible beyond the capacity of failure. Indonesia would finally be liberated from the cruel, warmongering, heartless North Koreans.

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Australia Conquest

Postby Gazeck » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:10 am

The Gazeckian Conquest of Australia

When the leaders got word of other nations existing outside of Australia, they became afraid of foreign involvement in Australia. So the "obvious" solution was to take Australia whole. That way, there will be nothing for outside nations to interfere with. At the time, the armies in Australia were humongous, dwarfing most, if not all, of the armies of the "outer world." Gazeck had an ally, but Gazeck betrayed it for its Uranium deposits to amass a naval fleet potent to surround Australia. At the time, the other nations didn't know of the "outer world" and thus saw no need for a navy. Gazeck, however, used this as an advantage and demolished the infrastructure of the other nations via air raids, bombings, and missile strikes. Gazeck used its ally as a buffer in taking on the rest of the Australian nations. The continent fell into chaos almost instantaneously, resulting in a population drop of roughly 87%. Deep into the war, there was a Summit of the foreign nations, and they were distracted enough for Gazeck to further amass its navy without bringing attention to it. Gazeck eventually surrounded and engulfed Australia, a war won almost entirely by luck and mob hysteria. With their egos greatly inflated, the leaders of Gazeck sought to make Gazeck an empire and began pouring money into the rebuilding of its former military might; but this time, there were no neighboring countries to interfere.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Taking Crete

Postby The United Hellenistic States » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Arcadius had not yet returned from the summit yet, so he gave the command of the invasion force to Admiral Selene, even though she had only just joined the Empire. Jan did not trust the woman, but nonetheless, he cannot argue with his soon to be emperor.

The bombardment of the city of Knossos had begun. Jan was furious at the Admiral for not allowing him to go in first and take out strategic objectives. She argued that the Prince would not be so susceptible to such deceit, but Jan saw it as an insult to his Spartan's power. He demanded that she at least allow him to lead his men on the front lines, but she again refused. Her plan was to bombard the city with cannons and aircraft until enough damage had been done, and then send in the rest of the forces. Jan thought the idea ridiculous and suicidal because after all the Prince had heavy defenses and dozens of anti aircraft guns. He had armor all throughout the city with barricades at the entrance. His fleet had already been destroyed or captured at a victory hours before the bombardment, but the Prince's power resided in his airforce. He would have superiority in the skies as long as the airports all over the island were still functioning.

"Pack up, Commander. Your going to storm Honorius' palace once and for all." she said

Jan smiled, his time had come. Apparently the Admiral had the Shadow Agency and other Spartan commandos attack the air ports without his permission. It angered him, but he would bring it up to his older brother Lukas, later.
-------------------------
By the time his men were ready and flying in a copter over the ruined city, half the city had been taken. The bombardment destroyed much of the armor and barricades that protected the city, but the rebels held out. Jan saw now why the Admirals plan had worked. They landed a few minutes later on top of a building close to the outskirts of the city. They moved as quickly as they could trying to get closer to the palace without any attention being drawn towards them. Only a few rebels guarded the outskirts due to the main action in the center of the city. Explosions and gunfire filled the air as the Spartans crept ever closer to the home of the evil Prince. Jan had heard dark stories told of him. He had once been a nationalists fighting against the soviets until the Soviets had captured him and tortured him. When he escaped, he committed atrocities against the enemy, but atrocities nonetheless.

"Sir, the palace is up ahead."

Jan looked ahead, and saw the battered palace rise up ahead of him. A grand entrance was guarded by a huge pre war tank and over 50 men.

"How are we going to get past them. We only have 7 men?" asked one

Jan looked at the man and smiled "We are Spartans! We have the advantage."

Jan threw a plasma grenade at the men who were marching in formation. The grenade flowed through the air and with a thud, it landed in the middle of the group. A second later a large explosion erupted from the ground encasing almost half of the formation. A rocket flew through the air from behind and destroyed the old tank, as his men fired at the remaining guards. In less then 5 minutes, the engagement had ended with no Spartan losses. There gear was just too advanced and powerful for the inexperienced rebels.

Jan and his squad moved into the Palace and went from room to room quickly killing any body that resisted. Soon they arrived to the center room where a large table was centered. Men filled half of the chairs, but only one man stood out. The large man at the head had ribbons and medals all over his coat and he had a great amount of confidence. He was young like Arcadius, but he looked much older probably due to the stress put upon him. He looked at Jan as they entered and he frowned. Everyone stared at Jan with looks of defeat or anger, but before he could say anything, someone walked in behind Jan.

"Bravo, Commander. I have been waiting to capture Honorius for a long time, and finally I have done it. Sadly, though, I cannot kill him. Instead Arcadius wants to speak with him, so please arrest everyone in here, and bring them in for questioning, but bring the Prince to me." Admiral Selene smiled and walked back out.

--------------------------

Crete was occupied not long after the victory at Knossos and with Greece united, they look towards Istanbul to liberate it from the Soviets and name it Constantinople once again. They only have to wait for their new allies to ratify the Coalition, and declare war against the NUSSR alongside the Empire.

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Coastal Operations

Postby Gazeck » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:47 am

Interdiction

The OR-3 Subs had slowly lurked into position and readied themselves across the coast of Yamdena (in slightly West of New Guinea), and they were prepared to begin interdiction operations to weaken the North Korean hold on New Guinea; New Guinea presented the closest threat to the coasts of Gazeck, and they'd make a powerful foothold. The crew among the submarines scrambled into position aboard the hulking vessels. The UAV's would be coming over the trade routes soon to provide targets for the interdiction operations. Only hours later, it spotted the first convoy -it was relatively larged and bearing fuel for the airbase along North-Eastern New Guinea. If it was taken out, the functionality of the base would be limited and allow for land operations to begin. The trucks bearing fuel, massive and irking in movement, drove across the road.

Aboard the vessel, the crewmen hurried to their stations and missile guidance terminals. The targets had all been established and their cross sectional coordinates sent to the subs. They prepared for fire. When they launched the missile, all that was heard was a large release of air and burning. On the surface, one would have mistaken it for a geyser erupting. The irony was in comparison to the impact. A 6-foot-wide launch bubble simply wasn't comparable to a 200-meter-wide crater. The missiles were costly in resources, but Gazeck had the metals to spare. It's hard to not take advantage of so much of the world's resources wallowing in your possession. Only minutes later, the impact could be seen on the UAV datalink screen. It surely didn't miss, or at least not by enough to not catch the convoy in its crater. Shrapnel and flames went into the air as oil and people burned alike. The base of the impact was pink and orange, a combined flurry of the flesh and metals destroyed in the impact; the cloud of the explosion was a mix of shroud of burning oil. After the crater was made and the road obviously beyond means of proper use, all that could be seen was the torn, scorched, flaming pieces of an armored convoy.

A major transport operation had been foiled, and the land forces would land along the beachheads soon to destroy the airbase. Land forces would be used primarily to avoid giving away the position of the missile subs for retaliation. It was a troublesome task to find them, but it would be easy with the smoke trail of a giant missile leading to it.

Air Raids

The supercarrier fleets were now scattered and distant from the Western coasts of Sumatra. The operation, though large, would be quick and powerful in the taking of Sumatra. The North Koreans had begun using Sumatra's naval ports lately to fight in the invasion of Indonesia, but that's what the supercarriers were for. The ports would be destroyed, and their fleets would be tracked and destroyed via direct engagement with detachments from the Maluku fleet. On the board of the carriers, the crew was stressed and rushed in their preparation of the aircraft for use. The Recreant destroyers had just sent word of having destroyed an attempt to reinforce Borneo, and the Sumatra fleets would probably recollect in an attempt to protect it. That put them perfectly within range of the still undetected Maluku fleet.

On the deck of the carriers, the Eclipse stealth bombers were being launched, and they would soar to their targets. The were bearing MALD's and a few MOAB's. The stealth bombers could be seen taking off: they lifted from the runways, and their wings swept out to allow proper flight to their destinations. They would be within optimal position for striking their targets in roughly half an hour.

Only hours later, the reports of the bombings' success came in. The datalink connections had been established for reporting so much later to avoid interception. On the southernmost fleet, however, the bombings had failed due to guidance errors in the flight. With realization of the threat, it would only be a matter of time before the Kamado missile installation would be under attack. This wasn't a part of the plan, and this could severely delay the plans to strike southern Sulawesi. They didn't know where that fleet had headed, and it could only be assumed that the Kamado installation was their target. In quick response, the Recreants began moving into position to attack if they took a Northern path for Borneo instead, and the carriers quickly dispatched strike fighters armed with ASM's. The Kamado installation would do its best to eliminate the AA with the lone B-52 they had. They filled it with MALD's and HARM's to begin SEAD operations. Then again, there was the very real probability that they weren't actually headed for the Kamado installation. But every precaution had to be taken.

Maluku Fleet

The Maluku fleet sent a detachment of attack subs for ship hunting operations to intercept the Sumatra fleets, and the Recreants would obviously handle the Northern half of those fleets. The Maluku fleet was massive, and it was closing in on the Sulawesi islands. Artillery would bombard the coast and any anti-ship operations they could attempt. The assault on Sulawesi would be far too quick for any retaliation, but it had to wait; they had to wait until they could be sure that Borneo had no Western airbases. In 1 day, the expected spyplanes would fly overhead, and they would receive confirmation. If there were airbases, the missiles subs would just launch missiles towards the airbases in the midst of the Sulawesi assault to prevent detection of the OR-3 subs.

It would only be a matter of time before the Maluku fleet was in full position to begin scattering into Indonesia and crushing North Korean forces throughout the islands.

Xanunini
Secretary

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Rice Giant Awakens

Postby Xanunini » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:09 am

After hours upon receiving reports that Indonesia, territory under The United Korean Republic control is being attack by an unknown invader. The United Korea has already sent three fleets carrying over 42,000 ground troops to reinforce Indonesia's defenses. patrol boats has been sent ahead to collect Intel. The United Korean Republic declares and denounces Sangdan, a nation from land once called Japan, for being behind the attack of Indonesia. The U.K.R (United Korean Republic) demands that Sangdan immediately withdraw its forces or further actions will be taken.

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

The Dogs Get Dumber By The Minute

Postby Gazeck » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:49 am

President Helvick looked at the map of North Korean forces, befuddled by how stupid they could be. He spoke to his advisor.

"So let me get this straight: to transport troops, they sent a giant number of troops through enemy-controlled waters in which ship hunting operations are undergoing and attack submarines patrol the coasts. They sent them BY BOATS!?"
"I know. Those North Korean scum just get dumber every time."
"Well, I suppose that's good for us. I feel sorry for the animals aboard those ships. I just hopes those dogs can swim."
"The North Koreans are indeed a sad race of people..."

As expected, sending transport ships through an area undergoing constant ship hunting operations (by the Recreant destroyers) turned out to be suicide...

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Animal Control

Postby Gazeck » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:32 am

You Shall Not Pass

It had become clear that the North Koreans would soon become to determined to get back Indonesia. There was a probability that the Recreant destroyers may eventually be overwhelmed, and they had to act fast. The Maluku fleet was currently busy dealing with the already-aggressive naval forces in Indonesia. The carrier fleets simply weren't well suited for such a task, and the OR-3 submarines were already pre-occupied. New forces would have to come in. Sulawesi had to be taken for a missile platform sooner than expected. It could be used to host D-60 launch trucks for launching hypersonic ASM's. Bringing in more OR-3 missile submarines could very well give away their cover. There's already so much Gazeckian submarine sh*t underwater, the ocean itself has probably risen over there. They'd have to bring in the big guns: they were going to bring in a D-170 Cruiser. Gazeck wasn't expecting such quick escalation. The North Korean stupidity should buy them more than enough time to haul in a D-170 Cruiser. The thing dwarfed even the aircraft carriers in size. Did Gazeck really need that many missiles to hold the Northern front. Not likely. But there's no harming in using it, right? Well, aside from bringing the North Koreans to realize that their opponent was obviously Gazeck and not Sangdan. To speed up the conflict, a D-170 would be brought in to speed up the Maluku fleet's conflicts and hurry things up in Sulawesi and Borneo. After Maluku clears up its primary purpose, it should be able to move to the Northern front. Although it's highly unlikely that the North Koreans would push their entire navy there, there was still a chance. Gazeck had to take advantage of the fact that they still had plenty of time to get this on the road. So it was official: the D-170's are coming in, two of them -one to assist in Sumatra and one to help the Maluku fleet.

Aerial Rape

The carrier fleets was running into trouble. The North Korean hold on Sumatra and Java turned out to be much larger than anticipated. More would have to be done if the Western islands were to be taken. The amphibious assault carriers would soon come in to land forces. The OR-3 submarines near Yamdena and their land buddies in Irian Jaya (New Guinea) were being disturbingly successful, and the bases in New Guinea were collapsing almost instantaneously. X-30 launch vehicles would probably be brought into Borneo to speed things up. Things were going as planned (for the most part).
Last edited by Gazeck on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Mobilizing against the Soviets

Postby The United Hellenistic States » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Until, Arcadius returned from the summit, Jan and the Admiral had started mobilizing there forces for their attack on the first big city in the way of Istanbul. Thessaloniki must be taken in order for the Empire was able to push into Soviet territory because of its major importance as a port and fortress. Admiral Selene prepared her fleets while Jan took control of the army and the Spartans as he prepared for the invasion of the NUSSR. They just needed the all clear from Arcadius, who was waiting for our new allies to ratify the alliance and declare war against the NUSSR. A leader had not yet been chosen to lead the air force, and Jan had not heard anything from the health of the traitor, Prince Honorius. The Imperial Shadow Agency had began gathering intelligence and taking out high valued targets surrounding Thessaloniki which stood as a reminder to Greece of its last aggression. This time, Greece shall take its ancestral land back.

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

The Arrival

Postby Gazeck » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:06 am

Western D-170

The shadow of the monstrous D-170 could be seen coming in. Coastal AA batteries that had been resisting the carriers' efforts would finally fall. The captain rejoiced as the D-170 approached his fleet.

The alarms whirred and rang throughout the D-170 cruiser. The crew knew what that meant: the launch tubes were preparing to be fired. They ran to their stations, each confirming their readiness over the radios. Small recon drones had recently been launched from the carrier closest to the D-170. The coordinates were sent back in. The coordinates were sent to the individual VLS modules to designate their targets. The crewmen began preparing proper flight paths to allow the avoidance of premature detection. With the strikes occurring with great distance from each other, they had to be synchronous to work in full efficiency. This wasn't necessary, but it certainly helped. The alarm sounded again, its red hue flashing throughout the vessel. The crewmen looked to each other and nodded. The ones on top of the ship cleared the deck to avoid the fumes and exhaust of the takeoff.

The IRBM's fired from their silos, a hissing following the deafening roar of their takeoff as they flew towards their destination. These missiles were not hypersonic and instead relied on electronic countermeasures to maintain their reliability. But they bore chemical weapons, MIRV chemical weapons. It pierces gas mask filters, but its relative instability prevented it from being launched in a hypersonic manner to avoid premature detonation. In 2 hours, the bases would be void of human life throughout Java and Northern Sumatra. This would allow for the landing of land units to secure Sumatra and bring it under Gazeckian control.

Central D-170

The D-170 had arrived at the Maluku Fleet a few hours ago. The captains were talking aboard the D-170 still.

When the captains came out, they'd decided upon a plan: to use the D-170 to take out the known bases on Sulawesi. After that, the transports of the Maluku fleet would land at various points across the South-Eastern coast of Sulawesi. The X-30's would be brought in too. The plan was to use Sulawesi for launching missile strikes on Borneo and bolstering naval defenses along North-Eastern Indonesia. It would also allow for aerial support of the Sulu Fleet that was preventing the amassing of North Korean units. After Sulawesi and Northern Sumatra were taken, all of Indonesia would be within striking range of Gazeckian missile installations. The radar installation and spyplane sweeps would keep Gazeck up to date on the movement of North Korean units and help to determine the optimal targets for missile strikes and air raids. With Northern Sumatra taken, Southern North Korean coasts would be within striking range as well, deterring the use of their naval forces.

The crewmen were all ready to begin firing the D-170's missiles. The smoke clouded over the D-170's decks as the missiles were launched to their destinations, and the landing crafts were dispatched to land at their designated beaches. Half of the missiles fire from the D-170 bore air-fuel warheads. They were to ignite the fuel and explosives of the Southern Sulawesi bases closest to where the landing craft were to land. These bases would then be battered by artillery from the Maluku Fleet. The other half of the missiles, hypersonic, would bear chemical weapons. There really wasn't much of a point in attacking the Northern Sulawesi bases so early, but it would make for great psychological warfare.

The artillery fire along Southern Sulawesi targets would continue throughout the day, until the landing craft hit the coasts at dawn. Then it was up to the X-30 launch vehicles and their tank battalions to finish off Sulawesi.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Hellenistic States » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:32 pm

"Admiral! Five of our ships have been destroyed in the Mediterranean. They were patrolling for pirates when they were attacked by ships wearing the flags of...Egypt." A messenger said as he barged in Selene's office

Selene suppressed a grin and instead frowned "So the Egyptians have declared war against our glorious Empire? Damn them! Messenger, I need you to gather my officers and the Commander at once."

A few minutes later four men stood before her

"Egypt has attacked us and declared war against us. Arcadius has given me authority over much of the military until he returns and I think he would agree with my response. Operation hammer will have to start with less men then originally planned, but Our holy leader is returning from St. Petersburg and he has sent a letter for mobilization and assistance for Austria. General Raikos, I need you to gather about 5,000 men and travel to Austria to support them against the Soviets. Jan, I need you to help here in Greece in the mobilization for Operation Hammer while I take a fleet with 25,000 men to take Egypt. They won't know what hit them, and Captain (She pointed at the last man that had not been called on), you will lead the army against Egypt when we land in Alexandria. We will take the first Holy See of our glorious god first, then we move deeper into Egypt until we seize all of Egypt. Now go!" Selene said with urgency.

Everyone left with Jan trailing behind, but before he could leave Selene said

"Jan, your brother President Lukas just arrived from the summit. He has some interesting stories to tell you"

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Moving in on Borneo

Postby Gazeck » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:42 am

Maluku and Goliath

The Maluku Fleet was expected to push into Borneo waters to begin a coastal assault. Missile cruisers would enter the Borneo waters, and the rest of the fleet would scatter into the rest of Indonesia. The D-170, named 'Goliath,' would go into the North-Eastern waters of Indonesia to finish off New Guinea and Northern Borneo. It would also be in place for when the next phase of the Indonesian invasion, taking the Philippines, Malaysia, and the rest of Indonesia. The D-170 on the Western coast of Sumatra was making shocking progress. The infrastructure of the North Korean presence in Indonesia was crumbled beyond recovery, and the rest of the conquest would be relatively easy, with little resistance. More attack subs had been brought in for keeping the North Korean reinforcements out of Indonesia. After Indonesia was secured, they'd move North to attack the North Korean naval ports and push them out of Indonesia for good. Indonesia was proven much easier to take than expected.

New Guinea was finally about to collapse, and the Northern Korean bases in Sumatra and Java were decimated from the air raids. The land forces were landing on the Western coast of Sumatra to take it and then push into Java to secure it. The landings were expected to begin in New Guinea soon, once the infrastructure was finished off with the artillery and missile interdictions. The Mindanao Fleet had finally been bombed, and the North Koreans had little means of defending the Philippines (or anything, really). Indonesia was about to fall, and all that was left was to bring in the land forces to secure it.

New Norgeva
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Yukon War

Postby New Norgeva » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:34 am

With the return of President Horus, New Norgeva begins to mobilize its military to its north western borders.

A meeting is being held with the Titan Council and the generals of New Noregeva's military in Fort Titan.

"Division one and two are ready to mobilize into the Yukon Federation. I suggest that they surround the Federation from the east and west. We can use the weather to our advantage with the T.G.D with minimum losses.

"No I believe we should send both divisions straight, instead of surrounding, we have the superior fire power to mow down their military. We also don't use as much of our resources in the process, I suggest that we send out the Hellhounds to do as much as damage as they can before sending our main forces."

"If we go straight forward Yukon Federation can easily prep their defense and they can attack from our sides thus stalling us which will drain our resources even more. And I also suggest we do not send the N.S.F, we do not need word getting out to the other nations of the atrocities they can do."

"Thank you General Aanenson and Director Bonhomme. We shall go ahead and surround the Yukon Federation from the sides, but General Aanenson go ahead and send the Hellhounds into the Yukon Federation. Destroy everything that serves vital to their military and leave no witnesses, take no prisoners. And are we able to lunch the F-27 Lucifer by any chance Director Bonhomme.

"No sir with the radiation and the heavy snowstorms it will be impossible for the jets to take flight. But we can deploy the T-47 Venom, with all the heavy terrain and weather the Venom will excel in battle in this environment, I can assure you. But we are limited numbers."

"Very well, deploy what you have into divisions one and two. With that this meeting is over."

With the New Norgeva forces mobilizing near the Yukon borders. The Federation has take that as a sign of aggression and war. They are preparing military forces to defense positions and running nonstop drills.
Yukon recon teams has been sent to gather Intel.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Hellenistic States » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Arcadius arrived in Athens after spending time in St. Petersburg finalizing the alliance between the glorious empire and the NSCC. But what Arcadius came back too made him furious, the departing of half his army to fight a despicable little nation that wasn't worth the Empires priorities at the moment. The Holy City must be reclaimed first, but the only thing that kept Arcadius from executing Admiral Selene the first time he sees her again was her reputation and her promise in reclaiming the Holy See known as Alexandria.

The Lord Regent immediately went to the remainder of his army that was preparing for Operation Hammer. Lord General Raikos had already departed for Austria, so Arcadius would have to be wary of losing too many men in the beginning of the siege of Thessaloniki.

------------------------------

Admiral Selene looked upon her fleet as it closed in on the city of Alexandria. She would make sure that she did as little damage as possible to the city when she occupied it, and just as she had planned, the Egyptians were not even aware that they were at war. She laughed at her clever plan and her future vengeance brought her ever closer to the Pirate King. Egypt would be an invaluable asset to the Empire when she was done with it.

"Admiral, the first wave has been sent into the city. There forces were unable to respond quickly enough before the second and third wave entered the city. They have been given the orders not to slaughter the residents and capture any soldiers that they can. The city was not as garrisoned as we thought it was. Only about 2,000 soldiers and most of them were on leave, so in a matter of an hour, we shall have taken the city. We have also surrounded the outskirts with armor and copters to prevent anyone from leaving the city." a messenger said as he broke her out of her thoughts

"Fantastic! Send word to Arcadius that we already have the Holy See, I think that will calm him down, and after that send word to our forces to set up camp here until my fleet travels down the Nile to land the other half of our forces. Then they can sweep southwards, trapping the pitiful Egyptian Army.

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gazeck » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:49 pm

The Encounter

My friend and I were stationed in a small base in Borneo. We’d always been stationed together, it’s how we grew to be friends. We were some of the first to be released from our barracks when the Gazeckians arrived. They had these odd units - X-30’s as they’d been called - crawling into our base. We tried to “defend” ourselves, and it just waltzed in, soaking up bullets and electro-optical countermeasures stopping every missile we sent at them. As we continued to “fight back,” A-10’s came in, Gazeckian variants as it seemed, their materials modified for stealth to maintain its shape and updated for improved electronic countermeasures and faraday systems to defend against EMP. Gazeckians did that, they just took anything they could find and made it stealthy, treating it as their own creation… those uninventive bastards. The A-10’s laid west to the barrack from which my friend and I came. It turned and went in for the next strafe, planning to take out the small group of soldiers, me and my friend included. We dived. It passed over us, it swooping up from the ground after its bullets hit the ground not far beneath it. It then turned to attack the next barrack. The remainder of my group got up from the ground, or at least I did… I looked behind me, and my friend stained the scene. His head was splattered, and his brain and its blood formed an egg-like image. Forming with a pink-tainted yolk, its shell could be seen in a mosaic. It scattered over the organs that fled from his erupting torso. His shattered bones were hidden under the peeled and flapping skin of our group’s bodies. The bones made flags with the skin that stuck to their ends. It was infuriating to know that I left my gun somewhere in that pile, the mass of flesh and fluids. The Gazeckian infantry was now storming the base, and they would take no prisoners. I had no choice, I had to hide myself among the bodies of my squadron. I burrowed my way in. My hands and feet got caught in the intestines of my friend, and his lungs pressed against my face. My face wallowed in the drying fluids of their bodies, and their blood ran over me, staining my body beyond recognition. I could see from a small opening -the X-30 vehicles made their way to the center of our base. Their legs locked into a firm position, and their launch pods aimed as they arced for launching. I saw. Smoke filled the area as missiles flew from their tubes. Their flames illuminated the area just long enough to glimpse their takeoff. Far in the sky, their paths were obvious as they altered their flight paths to their targets. After launching a number of missiles, they stretched their legs, and they began to walk again. God forbid another base lie near their position of launch…

Gazeck
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Finished Up

Postby Gazeck » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:36 am

Finished

After having taken Indonesia and the islands north of it, Gazeck began to construct a conglomerate of naval bases throughout Indonesia.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents