NATION

PASSWORD

The Aeurian Summit (New World Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeuria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Alcase wrote:The President of Alcase, her Excellency, Angela Smith was astonished. This man of high power, whose prowess at home (and possibly abroad) as earned him a place in nobility. This Prince, whom also held the title of great Admiral upon the seas, was obvious a prestigious and impressive man. Yet, as grand as he was, he chose the young President of Alcase, to court with. Although she was disturbed by the smoke of the tobacco, which was considered a disgusting, poor-man's regressive drug in her homeland, the presence of an attractive imperial Prince pushed aside the bother.

"Bonsoir, Monsieur Florian, Prince et Grand Amiral!" Angela replied, emulating her admirer by bowing almost awkwardly as she was still shocked to receive such treatment by a nobleman; nonetheless a Prince of an Empire, "Vous pouvez m'appeller Mademoiselle; je n'ai pas mariée."

"Bonsoir, votre grand majesté," Smith proclaimed as she turned to the Emperor and held out her hand to shake, impressed that he was able to churn out such an handsome son. The young Head of State was flattered beyond belief, noticing very well that the Prince gave her his undivided attention. Now ever so attracted to the young prince, Smith's eyes locked with him, if almost forever. Her company, however, was very disturbed by this encounter.

"Votre majesté!" the Minister exclaimed, interrupting the eye contact the Prince and the President had established, "c'est merveilleux de vous rencontrer!" the Minister continued as he held out his hand to shake. "Excellency, please." he whispered as he turned to the President, a little envious himself that the President had shifted her attention to an entirely new man.

"Ah, oui... bien.. uhm... comment allez-vous profiter de cette belle soirée?" Smith began, a little anxious sounding.

Picture of Prince Florian for reference

"Minister, it's a pleasure." Aleksander said as he shook the man's hand, who was trying his hardest to maintain a calm exterior, much like Aleksander himself.

"Beaucoup mieux maintenant que je vous ai rencontré, Mademoiselle." Prince Florian said in reply to the President's question with a sly smile.

The Emperor winced internally as his son continued his overt flirtation with the Alcasian president. "Luckily, she doesn't seem to mind; in fact, I think she's may be enjoying it." he thought to himself with a hint of disbelief as he eyed the pair, dreading a diplomatic disaster.

It was at this point Aleksander began hoping for a fire, explosion, assassination, or even an earthquake; anything to end the conversation his son had hijacked. (Un)Fortunately, no such event came, the Prince and President continuing to exchanging smiles while Aleksander and the Alcasian Minister uncomfortably stood by.

Shockingly, Prince Florian broke his gaze and transitioned into a more professional subject. "I heard you were to arrive with the Charles de Gaulle in tow." he began, phasing the conversation to English. "I must admit I was rather sad to hear I would not get a chance to see such a fine ship in the bay. Alcasian and Aeurian Navies, side by side; it would've been wondrous." Florian said, child-like excitement emanating from him. "But! I realize this is a topic I enjoy perhaps a bit more than the average politician." he finished with a laugh, looking to his father who stood quietly smiling, cigarette in hand, trying his best not to slap his son.

Edit - added a picture of Florian
Last edited by Aeuria on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Friedeck
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Friedeck » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Oriton wrote:The Emperor nodded stoically, taking a breath. "Yes, this summit does have the capabilities to do great things. An international order of law is a fanciful idea, one that is not entirely unbelievable. I will assure you, however, as I imagine it is the same for you, that my interests here align with my country. I won't take any compromises when we're discussing the state of Oriton that I do not deem justified and fair."

He gave a restrained smile, showing his civility. "But let us not dwell on intricate matters. This ball is a time of peace and discussions." Asai did not hope to come off as rude or removed as he finished his sentence. He knew that other nations had wishes for the summit, but international peace wasn't something Oriton could be entirely invested in-his Oriton at least, he cared little for the ramblings of his minister, who would have the nation grow dependent on foreign exports.

The minister kept the smile on her face, but tensed up the moment the emperor mentioned international law, as she had not mentioned it once in that conversation. It was no secret that Friedeckish policy favored a means of enforcing international norms; this was a subject that Goldstein had always been very open about, even though the more libertarian elements of the co-governing Freedom Party were hesitant about creating a supranational authority. The Chancellor and Natalya favored such a move, however, as it would provide a means for dealing with expansionist rogues.

"Yes, this is a time for fellowship. I thank Your Majesty for your time." She again gave a small bow and turned, seeking out Aleksander. She spotted him across the room, standing with his son with the Alcasian delegation, still wearing white gloves as he smoked (!). He looked a bit irked, most likely at one of the prince's notorious flirtations.

Natalya walked over, carrying an air of warm professionalism, and approached the cluster of leaders. The Aeurian Emperor looked at her. With a brief neck bow, she greeted him. "Good evening, sir. Would you like to come and briefly walk with me?" She rotated her head to President Smith. "If that is alright, madam."

Edit: adding sentence addressing Smith
Last edited by Friedeck on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghera
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghera » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Mascargo wrote:"No need to be so hostile friend," Stanis said mockingly. Ghera and Mascargo were not friends. Historically, they had been rivals. Ghera, a raiding and pillaging nation in the Mediterranean, and Mascargo, a trade-based nation operating in the Mediterranean. They didn't mix. "Can't we just work out our differences? Barbarians and sophisticated men? Savages and cultured? Pagans and Christians?" He laughed again, clearly trying to upset the Gheran diplomat.

"You are no friend of mine," Thuric spat out his words aggressively, caring little for the notions of kingship and royalty. "Your country is a pitiful waste Stanis, your people foul and undeserving of the land they call home." He paused again, glaring sharply at the king. "And your family is swine, better fit to mewl in the mud than engage in politics. You Andropovs only pretend to have the right to rule, nothing but a charade. You and your entire family are charlatans."

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:09 pm

Ghera wrote:"You are no friend of mine," Thuric spat out his words aggressively, caring little for the notions of kingship and royalty. "Your country is a pitiful waste Stanis, your people foul and undeserving of the land they call home." He paused again, glaring sharply at the king. "And your family is swine, better fit to mewl in the mud than engage in politics. You Andropovs only pretend to have the right to rule, nothing but a charade. You and your entire family are charlatans."

Stanis tensed up as Thuric finished his insult. He squinted his eyes in anger and leaned in, nearly butting heads with the Gheran diplomat. "You may insult my country," he said, angrily waving his hand around. "You may insult my people, call us fools or unworthy," he folded his arms in a defiant gesture, uncharacteristically gritting his teeth. "But you will never insult my family, ever again." Stanis turned and walked away from the diplomat, fuming from confrontation. He reached the center of the room before Boris stopped him, holding the glass of champagne he requested.

"Did you confront the-"

"Not now Boris. I'm in no mood." Stanis dismissed him and turned away, rather upset at the insults levied at his family.

"Your excellency, did we not advise you to avoid speaking with Ghera should they choose to send a diplomat?"

Stanis sighed and turned around, facing Boris once again. "Boris," he said, shaking his head, "I don't need your lecture right now." He clenched his fists and breathed deeply, reaching out and snatching the glass of champagne the president was holding. "Damn them."

The Great Warrior Rivers
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Great Warrior Rivers » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Mascargo wrote:
Ghera wrote:"You are no friend of mine," Thuric spat out his words aggressively, caring little for the notions of kingship and royalty. "Your country is a pitiful waste Stanis, your people foul and undeserving of the land they call home." He paused again, glaring sharply at the king. "And your family is swine, better fit to mewl in the mud than engage in politics. You Andropovs only pretend to have the right to rule, nothing but a charade. You and your entire family are charlatans."

Stanis tensed up as Thuric finished his insult. He squinted his eyes in anger and leaned in, nearly butting heads with the Gheran diplomat. "You may insult my country," he said, angrily waving his hand around. "You may insult my people, call us fools or unworthy," he folded his arms in a defiant gesture, uncharacteristically gritting his teeth. "But you will never insult my family, ever again." Stanis turned and walked away from the diplomat, fuming from confrontation. He reached the center of the room before Boris stopped him, holding the glass of champagne he requested.

"Did you confront the-"

"Not now Boris. I'm in no mood." Stanis dismissed him and turned away, rather upset at the insults levied at his family.

"Your excellency, did we not advise you to avoid speaking with Ghera should they choose to send a diplomat?"

Stanis sighed and turned around, facing Boris once again. "Boris," he said, shaking his head, "I don't need your lecture right now." He clenched his fists and breathed deeply, reaching out and snatching the glass of champagne the president was holding. "Damn them."

Alexander hears the arguing and sees the two leaders insulting each other. He jogs over to the scene and introduces himself.

"Hello there, hombres. My name is Alexander Boyei, leader and elected President of The Great Warrior Rivers. I couldn't help but hear you conversation, or lack thereof from the center of the room. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure everyone has heard it from the racket you're making."

Alexander was not worried about pleasing the two leaders. He just didn't want them to make complete fools of themselves without them pledging to it first.

"This summit is meant to be a place where we can all get together and solve diplomatic issues without needless insulting. As of now, you both look like complete buffoons. Do you not see everyone looking at you? I know you guys have had some disagreement in the past, but you should go about this in a more positive way than humiliating yourselves. Plenty of mediators would be willing to help in drafting a truce of some sort to end this petty squabble."
Last edited by The Great Warrior Rivers on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Owner and Founder of the NationStates/Paradox Community (NSPXC) on Steam! Check it out!

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:48 pm

The Great Warrior Rivers wrote:Alexander hears the arguing and sees the two leaders insulting each other. He jogs over to the scene and introduces himself.

"Hello there, hombres. My name is Alexander Boyei, leader and elected President of The Great Warrior Rivers. I couldn't help but hear you conversation, or lack thereof from the center of the room. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure everyone has heard it from the racket you're making."

Alexander was not worried about pleasing the two leaders. He just didn't want them to make complete fools of themselves without them pledging to it first.

"This summit is meant to be a place where we can all get together and solve diplomatic issues without needless insulting. As of now, you both look like complete buffoons. Do you not see everyone looking at you? I know you guys have had some disagreement in the past, but you should go about this in a more positive way than humiliating yourselves. Plenty of mediators would be willing to help in drafting a truce of some sort to end this petty squabble."

Stanis turned around, listening intently to Alexander's words. He shook his head and raised a finger, vindictively pointing at Thuric. "Mediate between us? Why, I've been trying to work with those imbeciles for years. Nothing's come of it!"

"Your excellency, you're causing a-"

"Not now Boris." He dismissed his statement, lowering his hand. "My forefather's forefathers fought with those heathens, and now you expect me to make nice? After having received such a vivid and heinous insult towards my family?" He glanced back at the Gheran diplomat, frowning. "Look friend," he said, shifting his eyes back on Alexander. "I don't know how you do it in your country, but we Andropovs never forget and most certainly never forgive."

The Great Warrior Rivers
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Great Warrior Rivers » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:16 pm

Mascargo wrote:
The Great Warrior Rivers wrote:Alexander hears the arguing and sees the two leaders insulting each other. He jogs over to the scene and introduces himself.

Stanis turned around, listening intently to Alexander's words. He shook his head and raised a finger, vindictively pointing at Thuric. "Mediate between us? Why, I've been trying to work with those imbeciles for years. Nothing's come of it!"

"Your excellency, you're causing a-"

"Not now Boris." He dismissed his statement, lowering his hand. "My forefather's forefathers fought with those heathens, and now you expect me to make nice? After having received such a vivid and heinous insult towards my family?" He glanced back at the Gheran diplomat, frowning. "Look friend," he said, shifting his eyes back on Alexander. "I don't know how you do it in your country, but we Andropovs never forget and most certainly never forgive."

"We Adropovs? It seems rather shallow of you not to forgive. It really shows something of your character to not see from the other perspective. It seems now that your friend, Boris has something to add. May he, your Highness?"

Owner and Founder of the NationStates/Paradox Community (NSPXC) on Steam! Check it out!

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:22 pm

The Great Warrior Rivers wrote:"We Adropovs? It seems rather shallow of you not to forgive. It really shows something of your character to not see from the other perspective. It seems now that your friend, Boris has something to add. May he, your Highness?"

Stanis looked back to Boris. "Alright, go ahead."

"Your excellency, you're-"

"None of this 'excellency' trash, just get it out Boris."

"You're making a scene and representing our nation poorly in the eyes of the entire world. How do you expect to walk away from this summit with anything but humiliating laughter if you can not stifle your disagreements with Ghera?"

"Boris, this is about family, this is about-"

"This is about pride, sir. Nothing else, we both know that."

Stanis paused and thought for a moment, seeming rather embarrassed and mumbling. "I suppose you're right." He coughed, clearing his voice. "Perhaps I did overreact."

The Great Warrior Rivers
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Great Warrior Rivers » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Mascargo wrote:
The Great Warrior Rivers wrote:"We Adropovs? It seems rather shallow of you not to forgive. It really shows something of your character to not see from the other perspective. It seems now that your friend, Boris has something to add. May he, your Highness?"

Stanis looked back to Boris. "Alright, go ahead."

"Your excellency, you're-"

"None of this 'excellency' trash, just get it out Boris."

"You're making a scene and representing our nation poorly in the eyes of the entire world. How do you expect to walk away from this summit with anything but humiliating laughter if you can not stifle your disagreements with Ghera?"

"Boris, this is about family, this is about-"

"This is about pride, sir. Nothing else, we both know that."

Stanis paused and thought for a moment, seeming rather embarrassed and mumbling. "I suppose you're right." He coughed, clearing his voice. "Perhaps I did overreact."

Alexander smiled. This is the reaction he was expecting from Boris. A leader will more likely listen to it's own advisers than a foreign diplomat.

"That's what I hoped you would see. There is no need for an apology to anyone other than Thuric here."

Alexander turns to Thuric as well.

"I expect the same behavior from you. If you are not willing to end this diplomatically, I will. Sanctions will be imposed if you try to get what you want through bickering. I, as well as most of the other attendees, will not have that. Do you understand? I also wish for you to apologize to Stanis."

Ghera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghera » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:36 pm

The Great Warrior Rivers wrote:Alexander smiled. This is the reaction he was expecting from Boris. A leader will more likely listen to it's own advisers than a foreign diplomat.

"That's what I hoped you would see. There is no need for an apology to anyone other than Thuric here."

Alexander turns to Thuric as well.

"I expect the same behavior from you. If you are not willing to end this diplomatically, I will. Sanctions will be imposed if you try to get what you want through bickering. I, as well as most of the other attendees, will not have that. Do you understand? I also wish for you to apologize to Stanis."

"Apologize," Thuric started, bringing himself off of the far wall and looking at Alexander. "Apologize? You want me to apologize?! What right do you have to threaten Ghera with sanctions? I am under no authority to issue any apology, especially to *King* Stanis."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Aleksander couldn't help but overhear the heated discussion between King Stanis and the Gheran diplomat, though he did not know who the voices belonged to across the room.

"Excuse me, Madame President." he said swiftly to President Smith of Alcase before quickly nodding. "Florian, see to it that Her Excellency remains comfortable." he finished, tapping his son briefly on the shoulder.

The Aeurian Emperor made his way through the crowds, most of whom were staring at the confrontation currently ongoing. Aleksander, now fearing this outburst would reflect poorly on himself, began to move quicker. His guards were doing their best to clear a path through the thick crowds, but they simply weren't moving fast enough. "It seems inviting much of the nobility was a mistake." he thought to himself as he pushed through a large group of Counts.

"Rester à l'écart!" Aleksander yelled in French and a moment later, as if by magic, the large crowds separated, carving a path for Aleksander and his guards to quickly go through. It was then Aleksander laid eyes on King Stanis, a Gheran diplomat, and President Boyei, of the GWR, who was attempting to defuse the situation.

The Emperor's sudden arrival turned the group's heads, stopping the conflict for a moment. Aleksander took this opportunity to get his words in. "Now, now gentlemen." he began casually, with a smile as he strode up to the group of men. "I don't know what's causing tensions to be so high but I will not tolerate such conflict within the ballroom." His sudden change of tone and disposition seemed to surprise the Mascargoan President. "This hall is one of celebration and jubilation, not petty arguments. Either separate or I will have you both escorted back to your suites for the remainder of the evening." he finished venomously, wearing a look of distaste.

Aleksander was not about to have a brawl break out at this summit, especially not on the least political night of it. He realized he could have very well offended both men, scolding them like children, however his temper triumphed over reason in this case.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Aeuria wrote:Aleksander couldn't help but overhear the heated discussion between King Stanis and the Gheran diplomat, though he did not know who the voices belonged to across the room.

"Excuse me, Madame President." he said swiftly to President Smith of Alcase before quickly nodding. "Florian, see to it that Her Excellency remains comfortable." he finished, tapping his son briefly on the shoulder.

The Aeurian Emperor made his way through the crowds, most of whom were staring at the confrontation currently ongoing. Aleksander, now fearing this outburst would reflect poorly on himself, began to move quicker. His guards were doing their best to clear a path through the thick crowds, but they simply weren't moving fast enough. "It seems inviting much of the nobility was a mistake." he thought to himself as he pushed through a large group of Counts.

"Rester à l'écart!" Aleksander yelled in French and a moment later, as if by magic, the large crowds separated, carving a path for Aleksander and his guards to quickly go through. It was then Aleksander laid eyes on King Stanis, a Gheran diplomat, and President Boyei, of the GWR, who was attempting to defuse the situation.

The Emperor's sudden arrival turned the group's heads, stopping the conflict for a moment. Aleksander took this opportunity to get his words in. "Now, now gentlemen." he began casually, with a smile as he strode up to the group of men. "I don't know what's causing tensions to be so high but I will not tolerate such conflict within the ballroom." His sudden change of tone and disposition seemed to surprise the Mascargoan President. "This hall is one of celebration and jubilation, not petty arguments. Either separate or I will have you both escorted back to your suites for the remainder of the evening." he finished venomously, wearing a look of distaste.

Aleksander was not about to have a brawl break out at this summit, especially not on the least political night of it. He realized he could have very well offended both men, scolding them like children, however his temper triumphed over reason in this case.

"Your excellency, Emperor Aleksander," Boris started, trying to diffuse the situation before his King did anything rash. "We are sorry for-"

"No Boris," Stanis said, cutting him off. Boris sighed, giving up on the attempt to fix the situation before it escalated worse. "I will not have another apologize for my mishaps." He looked back to Aleksander, nodding. He understood the degree of authority Aleksander held, as well as his need to appear in control and maintain a respectful environment. "I would like to apologize to you and every guest here for my unneeded disruptions and will make no further attempt to derail this ballroom into a shouting match. If you find it necessary, Emperor Aleksander, I will remove myself willingly from this ballroom."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Mascargo wrote:"Your excellency, Emperor Aleksander," Boris started, trying to diffuse the situation before his King did anything rash. "We are sorry for-"

"No Boris," Stanis said, cutting him off. Boris sighed, giving up on the attempt to fix the situation before it escalated worse. "I will not have another apologize for my mishaps." He looked back to Aleksander, nodding. He understood the degree of authority Aleksander held, as well as his need to appear in control and maintain a respectful environment. "I would like to apologize to you and every guest here for my unneeded disruptions and will make no further attempt to derail this ballroom into a shouting match. If you find it necessary, Emperor Aleksander, I will remove myself willingly from this ballroom."

Aleksander's face softened a bit, he was glad that his confrontation of the group did not further fuel the fire.

"Thank you, Stanis." he said simply with a nod. "I do not believe your expulsion will be necessary, though I appreciate your willingness to cooperate."

The Emperor turned his gaze to the Gheran diplomat. "Will there be further problems, Ambassador Thuric?" he asked as simply as he could. "Or will you need to be escorted to your suite?"

Aleksander did not like this Thuric man; although he was very direct, something Aleksander valued in diplomacy, he lacked any class or respect. The Emperor struggled to regard him as anything more than a barbarian; a title bestowed upon nearly all enemies of the Empire, especially ones who act so brutishly. However, this "barbarian" was sent to represent his government at this summit, a fact Aleksander couldn't afford to forget, lest he alienate or even anger Ghera.
Last edited by Aeuria on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ghera » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Aeuria wrote:Aleksander's face softened a bit, he was glad that his confrontation of the group did not further fuel the fire.

"Thank you, Stanis." he said simply with a nod. "I do not believe your expulsion will be necessary, though I appreciate your willingness to cooperate."

The Emperor turned his gaze to the Gheran diplomat. "Will there be further problems, Ambassador Thuric?" he asked as simply as he could. "Or will you need to be escorted to your suite?"

Aleksander did not like this Thuric man; although he was very direct, something Aleksander valued in diplomacy, he lacked any class or respect. The Emperor struggled to regard him as anything more than a barbarian; a title bestowed upon nearly all enemies of the Empire, especially ones who act so brutishly. However, he was sent to represent his government at this summit, a fact Aleksander couldn't afford to forget, lest he alienate or even anger Ghera.

Thuric grumbled, shaking his head. "No more problems. Least not til the summit." He threw down his arms and walked away from the scene, having no interest in furthering complications. In his eyes, he had already won his own personal victory against Stanis. If it was not for his orders, given directly by the Lead Chairman, then he would have told off the entire ball and left. But what is a man without order, without laws and regulations to bind him?

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:53 pm

Ghera wrote:
Aeuria wrote:Aleksander's face softened a bit, he was glad that his confrontation of the group did not further fuel the fire.

Aleksander did not like this Thuric man; although he was very direct, something Aleksander valued in diplomacy, he lacked any class or respect. The Emperor struggled to regard him as anything more than a barbarian; a title bestowed upon nearly all enemies of the Empire, especially ones who act so brutishly. However, he was sent to represent his government at this summit, a fact Aleksander couldn't afford to forget, lest he alienate or even anger Ghera.

Thuric grumbled, shaking his head. "No more problems. Least not til the summit." He threw down his arms and walked away from the scene, having no interest in furthering complications. In his eyes, he had already won his own personal victory against Stanis. If it was not for his orders, given directly by the Lead Chairman, then he would have told off the entire ball and left. But what is a man without order, without laws and regulations to bind him?

As Thuric walked away, Aleksander wore a surprised look when he turned back to face Stanis, an awkward silence hanging in the air. "Well that could've gone worse!" he exclaimed with a hearty laugh before lighting another cigarette.

The angry Gheran disappeared into the crowds, who by now had returned to their own conversations. As Aleksander exhaled deeply, he began "You would think Ghera would've sent someone a bit more...how shall I put it...diplomatic?" He again laughed heartily, amusing himself. As the laugh and smile faded slowly from his face, the Emperor continued, "The others will remember this, for better or worse. Hopefully it doesn't harm you at the summit. Let's just thank the Divines' it didn't come to blows, eh?" he asked rhetorically with a smile, now seemingly unfazed by the entire event.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Aeuria wrote:As Thuric walked away, Aleksander wore a surprised look when he turned back to face Stanis, an awkward silence hanging in the air. "Well that could've gone worse!" he exclaimed with a hearty laugh before lighting another cigarette.

The angry Gheran disappeared into the crowds, who by now had returned to their own conversations. As Aleksander exhaled deeply, he began "You would think Ghera would've sent someone a bit more...how shall I put it...diplomatic?" He again laughed heartily, amusing himself. As the laugh and smile faded slowly from his face, the Emperor continued, "The others will remember this, for better or worse. Hopefully it doesn't harm you at the summit. Let's just thank the Divines' it didn't come to blows, eh?" he asked rhetorically with a smile, now seemingly unfazed by the entire event.

"I suppose coming to blows would be a poor way to represent us." Stanis laughed. "Still, I wouldn't mind getting one in eventually." He chuckled and smiled, coughing to clear his voice and plainly speaking. "This summit is rather important. Sorry for bringing up old grudges in your ballroom."

The Great Warrior Rivers
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Great Warrior Rivers » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Aeuria wrote:
Ghera wrote:Thuric grumbled, shaking his head. "No more problems. Least not til the summit." He threw down his arms and walked away from the scene, having no interest in furthering complications. In his eyes, he had already won his own personal victory against Stanis. If it was not for his orders, given directly by the Lead Chairman, then he would have told off the entire ball and left. But what is a man without order, without laws and regulations to bind him?

As Thuric walked away, Aleksander wore a surprised look when he turned back to face Stanis, an awkward silence hanging in the air. "Well that could've gone worse!" he exclaimed with a hearty laugh before lighting another cigarette.

"Mr. Aleksander." President Boyei smiled at the leader's reaction to the situation. "We are like-minded men. Do you have any plans for the summit you are comfortable discussing a bit here with me?"

Alexander didn't expect a response, but he was silently hoping for one.

"There are many things to discuss. International law and all that monotonous paper-poring."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Mascargo wrote:
Aeuria wrote:As Thuric walked away, Aleksander wore a surprised look when he turned back to face Stanis, an awkward silence hanging in the air. "Well that could've gone worse!" he exclaimed with a hearty laugh before lighting another cigarette.

"I suppose coming to blows would be a poor way to represent us." Stanis laughed. "Still, I wouldn't mind getting one in eventually." He chuckled and smiled, coughing to clear his voice and plainly speaking. "This summit is rather important. Sorry for bringing up old grudges in your ballroom."

"Don't worry about it too much," Aleksander began with a smile, "This ballroom has seen its fair share of spilled blood over the centuries. I'm just glad the marble won't need to be cleaned." he finished with a laugh as he looked down at the floor.

"Hopefully the summit won't turn into a brawl!" he exclaimed with a short laugh before continuing in a more serious tone. "Now, I must get back to playing host. Enjoy yourself, Stanis." Aleksander said with a nod. "Mr. President." he said with a quick gaze before walking away from the Marscargoans.

As he did, President Boyei approached him.
The Great Warrior Rivers wrote:
Aeuria wrote:"Mr. Aleksander." President Boyei smiled at the leader's reaction to the situation. "We are like-minded men. Do you have any plans for the summit you are comfortable discussing a bit here with me?"

Alexander didn't expect a response, but he was silently hoping for one.

"There are many things to discuss. International law and all that monotonous paper-poring."

Aleksander was a bit surprised at being addressed as "Mr. Aleksander", he was unsure that he had ever heard himself addressed that way. Rather than lecture the president on royal etiquette, he opted to respond to his question.

"Ah, Mr. President, it's good to see you." Aleksander said with a smile. "I don't want to divulge too much of my agenda." he said with a wry smile, before continuing in a more serious tone. "However, my main points of interest are securing trade rights, diplomatic ties, and possibly military alliances. And of course maintaining peace with major powers!" he finished with a laugh, "I certainly don't want an invasion force on my shores!"

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Stanis turned around after watching Aleksander walk away, rubbing the back of his head in frustration. "Boris, remind me when we get back home to send Ghera a royal gift." Boris looked up in confusion at his King's request.

"Your excellency?"

"I'm thinking wasps. Or fire ants. Something classy." Stanis laughed and took a drink from the long ago retrieved champagne, now in better spirits. He surveyed the room, taking time to spot out each ambassador. "Well, I'm slightly insulted we haven't been spoken to more."

"It is the Emperor's ball."

"True, its his time to get all the attention, but I even studied for this. Not getting a chance to put my expertise to work."

"I thought you said you practiced in front of a mirror?"

"Figurative mirror Boris."

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 pm

[OOC] We're going to be skipping the remainder of the ball and heading straight into negotiations beginning the following day. We'll simply pick it up right when the doors to the conference room close and everybody's seated, just to speed things up.

The Next Day

The Imperial Delegation Room

Aleksander sat at the large, circular table, the last of the other world leaders and ambassadors having taken their seats only moments ago. Beside him sat his aide-de-camp, Sir Charles, who would be keeping His Majesty's notes and useful information a whisper away should he need help, and his eldest son Prince Florian, who was serving as the Aeurian military attaché in his position of Grand-Admiral of the Imperial Navy.

Around the table sat every foreign delegation that was in attendance, each having their own small team of aides. Aleksander looked around the table and couldn't help but thinking how much turmoil the world would be thrust in if the room suddenly exploded. Here sat a collection of many of the world's most powerful individuals, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Granted, the barrel would be made of meter thick, armor plated steel lined with Kevlar sheets in a nuclear bunker guarded 24/7 by men with rocket launchers, machine guns, and air-to-ground missiles, but a barrel nonetheless!

Prince Florian eyed the Alcasian president across the table, his father having purposely distanced the two for fear of a scandal. The two exchanged a brief gaze and a smile before Aleksander elbowed his son in the ribs.

"For Divines' sake Florian, why you've chosen now of all times to start flirting is beyond me. Be professional." said the Emperor quietly but angrily.

"Elle est parfaite." sighed Florian before turning to his father, "Truly the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." he said with nothing but sincerity on his face.

Aleksander quietly moaned. "Just. Not. Here." he said. His son simply laughed and nodded.

The Emperor stood and, like clockwork,the Imperial Guardsmen around the room, in ceremonial dress, brought their heavy halberds down onto the marble floor, creating a loud boom. The room quickly quieted and all eyes were now on Aleksander. The middle-aged man took a large sip of his water before clearing his throat, extending the awkward and sudden silence by a few seconds. Some would say he did this as a show of power and control over the summit, however Aleksander would tell you he was thirsty.

"Ladies. Gentlemen. Kings and Queens. Presidents, Prime Ministers, and Ambassadors. Esteemed guests." he began, looking around the table at the various delegations. "We all know why we've gathered here in Praevalidus. To talk, or perhaps yell." he said with a smile. "About what? That's entirely up to us. I know each of you have your own goals, desires, and agreements you wish to accomplish, fulfill, and secure. However, there are a few subjects on which I think we all can agree would be highly beneficial not only to our countries and people but the very planet we share." Aleksander paused a moment, trying to gauge how the others felt about his last statement before continuing.

"That being said, we have a responsibility to our people: to make these talks as fruitful for ourselves as possible. With that goal in mind, I would like to begin the discussions on the subject of economic cooperation amongst ourselves. I open the floor to anyone who wishes to begin!" he exclaimed with enthusiasm as he again took his seat, taking another sip of water.

[OOC] Let the bickering begin! :lol:

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Stanis looked over to his left as Aleksander finished, eyeing Boris. He tapped on the stack of papers scatted in front of them and whispered.

"We're gonna have to speak eventually, won't we?"

"Of course your excellency. I've already prepared a spe-"

"I'll do the talking."

"Your excellency, you haven't even read the agenda! I spent days putting that together with the Citizen's Commune."

"It doesn't matter. I'm the King, I'm doing this." Stanis looked at him severely, intending to speak on behalf of Mascargo regardless of what Boris pleaded. The president sighed and released his hand from the paperwork, watching as Stanis slid the stack over and started reading. The agenda Mascargo wanted to discuss was rather important and large, but Boris had figured that other nations wanted to discuss the same things, so they would only have to really cover a few. Stanis skimmed through, taking note of specific parts that interested him.

"An international agency for space travel," he thought, tapping on the paper to show Boris what he was reading. "How interesting." He skimmed further through the documents, stopping on an interesting idea: European Community for Economic Cooperation. Stanis rather enjoyed the idea, Mascargo had been advancing into the international market and having an international organization to fall back on wouldn't hurt. He chuckled silently to himself, passing over the paper and looking at what appeared to be a nuclear arms treaty drafted by the president.

He harshly glared over to Boris and tore the paper in half, shaking his head. "No."

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:34 pm

The Following Day, outside Her Excellency's luxury room

This was the big day. Angela Smith was exuberant, hoping to see the Prince Florian once again. In preparation for their next meeting, she wore something a little less unprofessional, something liberal; a dress! She had dressed to impress, not to delegate. The dress was definitely something associated with royalty, and she had most definitely intended on attracting royalty. However, she could definitely use her young, enticing body and shown skin to turn some terms to Alcasian favor. Waiting outside her dorm was her Foreign Affairs minister, dressed in a much more formal, navy blue suit. He decided that, since blue was a popular color in Alcase and was even deemed the "National Theme Color of Alcase" back home, he might as well represent that at an international meeting.

"I do hope that young, dashing Prince is there as well!" Angela sighed in her native tongue, staring off into space as though she were captivated by a ghost at the end of the hall.

"Your excellency! Please!" the Minister yelled, still envious. Out of the shadows, a chuckle was heard; it was one of the Aeurian guards patrolling the building, fully fluent in the national language of French. A little embarrassed, the delegation rushed towards the conference room.

As soon as they arrived, Ms. Smith immediately caught the eye of a young man across the room, sitting next to the Aeurian Emperor. Attracted not only to his sleek black hair, but also his dark, rough plethora of facial hair, she could not resist biting her lip in lust. A guard approached the delegation, interrupting the stare Ms. Angela and Mr. Florian had exchanged,

"Good morning, your excellencies! May I show you to your seats?" the Aeurian guard said calmly, speaking impressively fluent French.

'Yes, Monsieur, thank you." Ms. Smith replied, tugging on the arm of her minister, signaling that they should go. The guard walked, but instead of sitting a little closer to the Aeurian delegation, they were seated far from them.

"Non merci, monsieur! May we be seated someplace else? I would only hope to impress the rest of the delegates sitting, ... perhaps ... a bit closer to the Aeurian monarch," Ms. Smith pleaded, hoping to appeal to the young guard's masculinity.
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

The Great Warrior Rivers
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Great Warrior Rivers » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Alexander noted silence in the crowd of leaders so far other than hushed whispers and the sound of paper ripping. Not good. Alexander pulled out his own folder, documenting all the things he wanted to bring up. The first at the top was a nuclear non-proliferation treaty. Then a resolution of war crime and one on an international space cooperation named ISARE that Alexander had just thought of the night before. Then finally there was a proposal on civil rights. He didn't speak them now, but intended to wait until all others had spoken to add his opinion.

Aeuria
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Alcase wrote:The Following Day, outside Her Excellency's luxury room

This was the big day. Angela Smith was exuberant, hoping to see the Prince Florian once again. In preparation for their next meeting, she wore something a little less unprofessional, something liberal; a dress! She had dressed to impress, not to delegate. The dress was definitely something associated with royalty, and she had most definitely intended on attracting royalty. However, she could definitely use her young, enticing body and shown skin to turn some terms to Alcasian favor. Waiting outside her dorm was her Foreign Affairs minister, dressed in a much more formal, navy blue suit. He decided that, since blue was a popular color in Alcase and was even deemed the "National Theme Color of Alcase" back home, he might as well represent that at an international meeting.

"I do hope that young, dashing Prince is there as well!" Angela sighed in her native tongue, staring off into space as though she were captivated by a ghost at the end of the hall.

"Your excellency! Please!" the Minister yelled, still envious. Out of the shadows, a chuckle was heard; it was one of the Aeurian guards patrolling the building, fully fluent in the national language of French. A little embarrassed, the delegation rushed towards the conference room.

As soon as they arrived, Ms. Smith immediately caught the eye of a young man across the room, sitting next to the Aeurian Emperor. Attracted not only to his sleek black hair, but also his dark, rough plethora of facial hair, she could not resist biting her lip in lust. A guard approached the delegation, interrupting the stare Ms. Angela and Mr. Florian had exchanged,

"Good morning, your excellencies! May I show you to your seats?" the Aeurian guard said calmly, speaking impressively fluent French.

'Yes, Monsieur, thank you." Ms. Smith replied, tugging on the arm of her minister, signaling that they should go. The guard walked, but instead of sitting a little closer to the Aeurian delegation, they were seated far from them.

"Non merci, monsieur! May we be seated someplace else? I would only hope to impress the rest of the delegates sitting, ... perhaps ... a bit closer to the Aeurian monarch," Ms. Smith pleaded, hoping to appeal to the young guard's masculinity.

The young man wore a troubled expression as he struggled internally with the situation. He was personally ordered by the Emperor to seat the Alcasian delegation opposite to the Aeurians, however he dare not offend or upset the beautiful President Smith. Her dress, an elegant creation which showed more skin than the guard felt comfortable looking at, did not help matters.

"Er..." he began, half-smiling at the President, who was looking into his eyes longingly. He broke the intoxicating gaze by looking down, where his eyes now saw the woman's exposed leg. "Oh dieux." he swore under his breath, averting his eyes. As he turned his head, he locked eyes with Prince Florian, who was sitting calmly beside his father, who was occupied with Sir Charles. The Prince simply nodded, furthering the young guard's internal conflict.

"Monsieur?" asked President Smith.

Realizing he had been stalling for far too long, he made a snap decision, one he felt would be the end of his career.

"Of course, Your Excellencies. Right this way." he said quickly, bowing before beginning the seemingly endless walk around the imposing table towards the Aeurian Emperor.

"Please don't see me, please don't see me, please don't see me." the young man thought to himself as he hurriedly made his way to the group of chairs nearest to the Aeurian delegation. Prince Florian stole quick glances at the President as she made her way around the table.

"Here you are, Your Excellencies." the young man said with a deep bow before quickly running off, hoping to hide his face from Emperor Aleksander.

Prince Florian's smile furthered as he nodded silently to President Smith and motioned at the seats her delegation stood before. Aleksander, still preoccupied by Sir Charles - who droned on about oceanic border expansion, did not notice. This "secret" change of seating of course became known to Aleksander as he looked around the table during his opening remarks.
Last edited by Aeuria on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mascargo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mascargo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Stanis closed the agenda and slid it back to Boris, whispering to him.

"I liked the space program, and the economic agreements. The nuclear arms treaty was an awful idea, what were you thinking Boris?"

"Sir, the others are likely to propose one as well. We should attempt to lead the summit in passing it."

"I don't care what other countries want. I will never sign a nuclear arms treaty as long as I am alive Boris!" He shook his head and looked down at the empty table, grabbing a pen and quickly mapping out what appeared to be a crude outline. A strategy of his approach to this summit. He held the paper up to Boris, tapping with the pen on various points for emphasis.

"See here. This is what I was thinking. Space program, got it. Economic partnership, got that too. No support from me on nukes. Now, civil rights? What do you think about civil rights, Boris?"

"Others are going to want it your excellency. A guarantee of certain human rights."

"Aye, and that's admirable, but I'm not going to sign any civil rights proposals if it weakens my family. No foreigners are going to tell me how to rule my country and what rights to give my citizens!" He pulled the paper away and ran over it, quickly memorizing the details that he wrote and preparing himself.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents