NATION

PASSWORD

CAS Nuclear Summit RP (Closed: CAS Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Tarazed wrote:"I am aware of all arguments against nuclear disarmament," White acknowledged as he held up his hands, trying to reign in and extinguish the feeling of hostility between several of the delegates, "But that is not why we are here. We are here to negotiate the scaling back of our nuclear stockpiles. I am hoping to reach a number of warheads which is both manageable and realistic within a set time frame, preferably this number of warheads is the result of a sizeable reduction in our nuclear arsenals."
White paused to collect his breath, he began relaying numbers to the delegates who were sitting at the table, "Now. While I'd love to see complete disarmament. I'm skeptical that I'll get that. What I would like to see however is a 20% reduction before the end of the year, and a further 40% reduction by the end of the subsequent year...this is hardly an impossible task. I would also like to add here, I don't care what you do with the uranium, hydrogen, plutonium, etcetera. Hell put it towards a new generation of power plants for all I care. So long as it isn't weaponised then I'm happy...any questions?"

"Scotatrova could reduce production by 30%."
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

New Gothica
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:16 pm

"As you all know my nation is nuclear free. We own no atomic scale-weapons and if that means anything to any of you, it should mean; we can live in a world without nukes. It doesn't have to happen all at once but other safety measures can be made. SDI for instance, we don't need nukes we just need to develop nuclear protection. Then the problems are solves all together from the questions about, "Well what if I'm the only major power who doesn't have nukes." As a nuclear-disarmed country. I hope my opinion carries some weight in this room. If all else I agree to support the non-civilian target pact." said Aleksander with hopes high.
Last edited by New Gothica on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:08 am

Moorwhyne wrote:
Righteous Swords wrote:"Hm... I completely support Damion's suggestion."

Kayushik then turned to speak to Vladimir Tula. "I did want to talk about your proposal a bit. Thermobaric weaponry is far less destructive and harmful in the long term than nukes. Along with the 60% disarmament, that could be very good for allowing for a better safety for the populace if the remaining nukes were only used on military targets and less use of low-yield so-called "tactical nuclear" munitions that would cause radioactivity."

Aleph looks at Kayushik and Director white.

"I would accept Kayushiks idea. If we don't have nukes, I would be more then happy to scale back the level of destruction on our super weapons.

I also support the idea of a No Civilian Target pact."

Leonardo followed Aleph's proposal, I second that proposal. we should have a No Civilian Target pact to reduce the amount of civilian casualties if there is a nuclear war, i doubt there will be one, but for the saftey of our people and future generations it's for the best that we create some type of No Civilian target Pact in place. he said taking further notes on his touchpad
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Indolia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Indolia » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:07 am

Tarazed wrote:"I am aware of all arguments against nuclear disarmament," White acknowledged as he held up his hands, trying to reign in and extinguish the feeling of hostility between several of the delegates, "But that is not why we are here. We are here to negotiate the scaling back of our nuclear stockpiles. I am hoping to reach a number of warheads which is both manageable and realistic within a set time frame, preferably this number of warheads is the result of a sizeable reduction in our nuclear arsenals."
White paused to collect his breath, he began relaying numbers to the delegates who were sitting at the table, "Now. While I'd love to see complete disarmament. I'm skeptical that I'll get that. What I would like to see however is a 20% reduction before the end of the year, and a further 40% reduction by the end of the subsequent year...this is hardly an impossible task. I would also like to add here, I don't care what you do with the uranium, hydrogen, plutonium, etcetera. Hell put it towards a new generation of power plants for all I care. So long as it isn't weaponised then I'm happy...any questions?"

"Indolia has been reducing it's arsenal over the past few years. Although I could attempt to get a new legislation passed to speed up the process...."
Last edited by Greater Indolia on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bazio
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bazio » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:12 am

The President of Bazio already whispers to his advisor '' when will this summit ... ''

He then immediately takes the voice and speech.

--- I believe that many here, will not get rid of nuclear weapons altogether, but I think that will be a good beginning of conversation, we all, whether in the West or East, we are looking for the same purpose, the liberation of humanity, liberation of nations, human have in your blood in your DNA that you have to kill to survive, but we can change that, starting here, now, we have the power in our hands, just enough to want.

Austria Hungarnia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Austria Hungarnia » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:11 pm

New Gothica wrote:"As you all no my nation is nuclear free. We own no atomic scale-weapons and if that means anything to any of you, it should mean; we can live in a world without nukes. It doesn't have to happen all at once but other safety measures can be made. SDI for instance, we don't need nukes we just need to develop nuclear protection. Then the problems are solves all together from the questions about, "Well what if I'm the only major power who doesn't have nukes." As a nuclear-disarmed country. I hope my opinion carries some weight in this room. If all else I agree to support the non-civilian target pact." said Aleksander with hopes high.

"I doubt such a policy could last." Kaiser Franz Jösev stated. "Nuclear weapons have a large radius, which means that chances are, it will damage civilian property. I think the best shot at controlling nukes is to limit the amount a nation can produce annually, and regulate testing and such."

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Austria Hungarnia wrote:
New Gothica wrote:"As you all no my nation is nuclear free. We own no atomic scale-weapons and if that means anything to any of you, it should mean; we can live in a world without nukes. It doesn't have to happen all at once but other safety measures can be made. SDI for instance, we don't need nukes we just need to develop nuclear protection. Then the problems are solves all together from the questions about, "Well what if I'm the only major power who doesn't have nukes." As a nuclear-disarmed country. I hope my opinion carries some weight in this room. If all else I agree to support the non-civilian target pact." said Aleksander with hopes high.

"I doubt such a policy could last." Kaiser Franz Jösev stated. "Nuclear weapons have a large radius, which means that chances are, it will damage civilian property. I think the best shot at controlling nukes is to limit the amount a nation can produce annually, and regulate testing and such."

that may be. but there are going to be countries who will disregard the policy and stockpile nukes like its the second cold war. the problem with nuclear weapons is they are used to defend against nuclear weapons, it's a curcular problem. wha we need is to destroy and downsize our arsenals if we are to ensure peace.

Moorwhyne
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Moorwhyne » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:
Austria Hungarnia wrote:

that may be. but there are going to be countries who will disregard the policy and stockpile nukes like its the second cold war. the problem with nuclear weapons is they are used to defend against nuclear weapons, it's a curcular problem. wha we need is to destroy and downsize our arsenals if we are to ensure peace.

"Yes, however there is always the valid threat that one may agree to disarmament and simply continue on their marry way as if nothing happened.

Then when those of us blind and foolish enough to get rid of our defenses actually do the deed, they will simply press the advantage...."
There may be few uses for people who can't embrace reality, but there is no use for the broken who can't escape it -Khaner Annan

Most things are ok within moderation.

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:
Austria Hungarnia wrote:

"If one nation was to agree to get rid of all of it's arsenal, it would put it at the risk of another nuclear capable nation. The only way to prevent this is calling a universal ceasefire and I doubt 80% of the nations here would be willing to throw away their arsenal, my nation included."

Official Factbook

New Gothica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Aleksander cracked his neck. "Nukes don't matter in a world where superior firepower exist. I do not own nuclear weapons but you can bet your ass I can defend against them. And on another note, peace can be sustained without nuclear weapons. Even if in some god-forsaken scenario where Nation A has secret nukes and Nation B invades Nation A will hesitate from using them because first off, You'll be exposing yourself to the international community, enjoy the sanctions and war. Two What are you going to do nuke them? No one on this planet would risk a nuclear war we know all the facts we know all the statistics, it would be outrageous. What if one day there is an accident what if a nuclear stockpile goes off? Or are for some god-forsaken reason launched by accident. Then what? I rest my case with this final statement. Wouldn't you sleep better at night knowing your neighbor couldn't end the world three times?" Aleksander said.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

Bazio
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bazio » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 am

--- Nuclear weapons can be a big risk if it falls into the wrong hands, I mean, there is a large growth of terrorist groups in the world, and I know that in countries with nuclear weapons, there are always those who want evil ...
(takes a sip of water)
... I agree with the Scot's (way to call those born in scotatrova in bazio) many nations will not agree to get rid of 100% of their nuclear weapons, but I think it would be worth, to mankind, than those old weapons that are there stored in a deposit endangering the country itself, they must be disabled ...

Austria Hungarnia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Austria Hungarnia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:02 pm

New Gothica wrote:Aleksander cracked his neck. "Nukes don't matter in a world where superior firepower exist. I do not own nuclear weapons but you can bet your ass I can defend against them. And on another note, peace can be sustained without nuclear weapons. Even if in some god-forsaken scenario where Nation A has secret nukes and Nation B invades Nation A will hesitate from using them because first off, You'll be exposing yourself to the international community, enjoy the sanctions and war. Two What are you going to do nuke them? No one on this planet would risk a nuclear war we know all the facts we know all the statistics, it would be outrageous. What if one day there is an accident what if a nuclear stockpile goes off? Or are for some god-forsaken reason launched by accident. Then what? I rest my case with this final statement. Wouldn't you sleep better at night knowing your neighbor couldn't end the world three times?" Aleksander said.

"Nuclear disarmament is not the awnser." the Kaiser countered. "As Mr. Marquez mentioned earlier, 80% of nations will not willingly let go of their arsenals, and Osterriech-Ungarnia is one of them." After taking a sip of his coffee, he continues. "The best policies to stand by are those of regulation. Inspectors can check nuclear storage facilities, examine employees to make sure there isn't a clutz building, ect. Oh, and set limits on the number of nuclear weapons a nation can have. That way, we can control who has nukes, and make sure their attended too properly."
Last edited by Austria Hungarnia on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarazed
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Damion let out a low but heavy sigh as he rubbed his temples, And so the endless filibustering begins.
Damion glanced from delegation to delegation as they seemed to bicker among themselves, a single thought raced through his head, I am a law. Only for kind. As I am no law for all...
The thought repeated itself over and over until Damion made up his mind about what he was going to do next.
He cleared his throat and cracked his neck, once he'd gotten the undivided attention of the other delegations he spoke, "You all attended this summit for a single reason. To negotiate nuclear disarmament on the parts of our nations. I fail to see any progress being made on that goal, instead you seem intent on avoiding the topic altogether. Now. I was originally prepared to cajole and negotiate to get what I wanted," Damion didn't bother trying to hide his annoyance, "Be that settling a shallower progression to complete nuclear disarmament; nuclear zero," Damion stood up and lent forward on the desk, his eyes narrowing as he made eye contact with each leader respectively, "I’m now threatening. Each of you will clear out his nuclear closet, immediately. Failure to participate will be considered an act of war."
DEFCON 1 - Maximum readiness
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
>DEFCON 4< - Above normal readiness
DEFCON 5 - Lowest state of readiness/Normal readiness

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Tarazed wrote:Damion let out a low but heavy sigh as he rubbed his temples, And so the endless filibustering begins.
Damion glanced from delegation to delegation as they seemed to bicker among themselves, a single thought raced through his head, I am a law. Only for kind. As I am no law for all...
The thought repeated itself over and over until Damion made up his mind about what he was going to do next.
He cleared his throat and cracked his neck, once he'd gotten the undivided attention of the other delegations he spoke, "You all attended this summit for a single reason. To negotiate nuclear disarmament on the parts of our nations. I fail to see any progress being made on that goal, instead you seem intent on avoiding the topic altogether. Now. I was originally prepared to cajole and negotiate to get what I wanted," Damion didn't bother trying to hide his annoyance, "Be that settling a shallower progression to complete nuclear disarmament; nuclear zero," Damion stood up and lent forward on the desk, his eyes narrowing as he made eye contact with each leader respectively, "I’m now threatening. Each of you will clear out his nuclear closet, immediately. Failure to participate will be considered an act of war."

Gabriel looked around at the other leaders before speaking up

"You're joking of course."

Official Factbook

New Gothica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Aleksander's eyes lit up. "I agree with Damion, New Gothica also takes this drastic stance. I knew I wasn't alone." he said standing up. "New Gothica will support Tarazed in any military venture it may undergo to disarm these nukes. I stand firm." he added.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

Righteous Swords
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Righteous Swords » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:37 pm

Chairwoman Kayushik Aelvutla looked up. The leader of Tarazed had just threatened the entire room with war. It didn't make any sense.

This conference started out poorly. To say it had just gotten worse was an understatement.

She looked around the room, at the faces of the other leaders. She saw shock, confusion, anger... What could she do? There had to be something. Stealing a last glance at Damion White's face she turned and whispered fiercely in Vaelian to Suurmarszil Yokhan Tmralvul, head of Vaelgracht's air force.

"Air Marshal... I need you to call Talwar. Tell him to raise national and military alertness to Level 3 at the very least. Do it now."

She glanced back to the room, rather pissed off that her first international conference had gone so awry.
Last edited by Righteous Swords on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarazed
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:49 pm

A briefcase was brought over from a corner of the room and placed in front of Damion, it was sleek in design and tinted a spacey grey colour. Damion calmly entered in a short passcode into the top of the briefcase and inserted a thin card. The case opened with a distinct beep before unfolding fully into the launch console for the entire Tarazedian nuclear arsenal.
Damion shakily input another code as the other leaders watched on in shock. He looked into the optical scanner before looking over the room.

"Do I have your undivided attention yet?" Damion asked as he gave everyone who did not currently support nuclear disarmament a glare which could stop a bullet in its tracks, "Good. As you are all aware. The Tarazedian nuclear arsenal is more than capable of annihilating each of your countries ten times over," Damion pointed at the Bazian representative, "Fourteen for yours just to be sure."

Pausing for breath he added a final question, "Now. Shall we try to negotiate nuclear disarmament? Or shall I press this button?" Damion glanced at the fingerprint sensitive button labeled "LAUNCH" barely centimeters away from his index finger, "And use these weapons to do what they were designed for? I personally prefer option one but if barely any of you will cooperate then we may have to do this the genocidal way..."
Last edited by Tarazed on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 1 - Maximum readiness
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
>DEFCON 4< - Above normal readiness
DEFCON 5 - Lowest state of readiness/Normal readiness

Righteous Swords
Diplomat

Postby Righteous Swords » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Kayushik stood, desperately holding a hand out. "Damion, wait! What you are doing is madness!"

If she couldn't keep the nations of the world from destroying each other in thermonuclear war, she could at he very least buy some time to warn Vaelgracht and get as many people to the nuclear bunkers as possible.
Last edited by Righteous Swords on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:57 pm

"Damion please. You can't be serious about this."

Official Factbook

New Gothica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Aleksander, still standing said something in Greek and pulled up a suitcase from his lap. He popped it open and a computer screened on with touch screen holographic technology. "Damion if you mind?"
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

The Neo-Hellenic Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Neo-Hellenic Republic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Application

Nation: Imperial Republic of Great Hellas
Leader: Prime Minister Nikias Oledemos
Population: 79,000,000
Capital: Niciaela
Nuclear Arsenal: 3 Atomic Bombs (Similar to those used in Hiroshima).
IrelandIrelandIreland
I am a fascist, I support White Pride and I am proud to be white. I'm a member of Social National Action, and I will fight for the Aryan Race.
Pro: White Pride, White Nationalism, Aryan Supremacy, Capitalism, Nationalism, Fascism, Catholicism, No Immigration
Anti: EU, Labour, Tories, Cultural Marxism, Islam, Arabs, Judaism, Jews, Turks, Black People who hate Whites, The Race Card, Immigration, The Left

Righteous Swords
Diplomat

Postby Righteous Swords » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Kayushik turned in horror to the New Gothican "Aleksander, you can not be seriously going through with this? It is sheer lunacy!"

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:07 pm

The Neo-Hellenic Republic wrote:Application

Nation: Imperial Republic of Great Hellas
Leader: Prime Minister Nikias Oledemos
Population: 79,000,000
Capital: Niciaela
Nuclear Arsenal: 3 Atomic Bombs (Similar to those used in Hiroshima).

Accepted

Official Factbook

New Gothica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Righteous Swords wrote:Kayushik turned in horror to the New Gothican "Aleksander, you can not be seriously going through with this? It is sheer lunacy!"

Aleksander looked at the woman. "I know, like Damion. What needs to be done to protect the world and its people. We're all world leaders here lets look at some real world problems. Nuclear weapons are the root of all nuclear holocaust theories. Their's your answer." he said firmly
Last edited by New Gothica on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Vladimir kept a calm exterior at the threats of war by Tarazed's and New Gothica's delegations. While others looked shocked or angry Vladimir was thinking of his next move, the answer he came up with gave him calm.

"The Confederacy of Independent States of Tula is now at war with the nations of New Gothica and Tarazed. We should make a formal agreement now not to use nuclear weapons unless the other party does first. ...Or would you like to rescind your threats of war and avoid costly defeat at the hands of the Tulan military?" Vladimir asked rhetorically, this wasn't the first time war was threatened against Tula and it wouldn't be the last, Vladimir would not be deterred by such threats.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents